[19:30:14] <.Bynw> ** with the territory's Bishop. An elderly
[19:30:16] <.Bynw> ** man by the name of Nidor. And his 
[19:30:17] <.Bynw> ** secretary, Father Pele, a much younger
[19:30:18] <.Bynw> ** man.
[19:30:19] <.Bynw> **
[19:30:21] <.Bynw> ** During the conversation the Lord's have
[19:30:22] <.Bynw> ** outrightly accused the Church of murdering
[19:30:23] <.Bynw> ** the former lords and this accusation
[19:30:25] <.Bynw> ** has outraged Bishop Nidor and Father Pele.
[19:30:26] <.Bynw> **
[19:30:27] <.Bynw> ** Bishop Nidar has demanded the proof that
[19:30:29] <.Bynw> ** the lords have reguarding the murders, if
[19:30:30] <.Bynw> ** any exist before he will investigate
[19:30:31] <.Bynw> ** any such claim.
[19:30:33] <.Bynw> **
[19:30:34] <.Bynw> ****************************************
[19:30:35] <.Bynw> **
[19:30:37] <.Bynw> **   End of Adventure Recap
[19:30:38] <.Bynw> **
[19:30:39] <.Bynw> ****************************************
* Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:30:57] * +Antilles regains his composure, but still glares at Pele.
[19:31:16] * +Seth thinks for a bit before responding
[19:33:33] <+Seth> "Well Father, You could check in the former King of Warp Wood's Last will and testament, I beleiev he expresses the reasoning on why he left us the kingdom, mainly that he was cursed. You could also ask the lords personal servents, or I could get a chain of commoner in here to report that all of the lords have taken ill at much the same time...shall I continue?"
[19:34:11] * +Antilles looks sideways at Seth.
[19:34:24] <+Antilles> "There is also the matter of the suicides."
[19:34:32] <+Charissa> "aye"
[19:34:43] <+Seth> ::Nods in agreement::
[19:34:51] <.Bynw> *Bishop Nidor* "That is not proof that the Holy Mother Church is involved. It may indicate that something is amiss but not by whom."
[19:35:49] <+Seth> ::Nods and again smiles, though it does not reach his eyes:: "You are correct Father, I must appologize for our new lords hasty words." ::Bows to the father::
[19:36:20] <+Antilles> "Bishop, if the Church is responsible for the spiritual well-being of all the souls here in Warpwood, is it not then in the purview of the Church to conduct an investigation as to the cause of this malady?"
[19:36:45] <+Seth> ::Looks to Antillies a bit annoyed::
[19:37:03] * +Antilles looks stone-faced back at Seth.
[19:38:04] <+Seth> "As my hastie friend has pointed out, a grave heracy has been committed..."
[19:39:17] <.Bynw> *Nidor* "I shall have the matter looked into in detail. I was fully aware of their illness. And was called to give absolution when it first struck."
[19:39:33] <+Seth> "The church, all though I'm sure is innocent..." ::smiles again:: "Looks suspisious, worse, if the church can not produce evidence of the true cause of this curse the people may lose faith in it's power to protect them at a critical time, Father."
[19:40:05] <+Seth> ::Smiles, now his eyes narrow at the father::
[19:41:26] <+Seth> "I would hate to have rumors spread at a time like this..."
[19:41:47] <.Bynw> *Nidor* "When God decides to call one of his children it cannot be unanswered. It is just a certain when He calls those to serve in the office of the Church."
[19:43:03] <+Charissa> "So, Your Grace, are you saying that God put a curse on the King and nobles of Warp Wood?"
[19:43:09] <.Bynw> *Father Pele looks at the Bishop with a nearly red face, barely containing his anger in his clenched fists as he watchs Seth and Antilles.*
[19:43:46] <.Bynw> *Bishop* "Absolutely not. The Angel of Death comes when he comes and comes to us all."
[19:43:57] <+Charissa> "and if you mean to say that is so, then, it follows that it *is* the Church who implemented that curse."
[19:45:16] <+Antilles> "I have passed Death many times. Never has his work been so methodical, and specific."
[19:45:18] <+Charissa> "but, there are times, you must admit, when the angel of death is helped by human hands in the name of the Mother Church.  Could this be such a case?"
[19:45:58] * +Kevin has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[19:46:12] * Kevin has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:46:17] * +Antilles watches Charissa as she speaks, noting well the passion in her voice.
[19:48:08] <.Bynw> *Bishop* "Dear child. Your own spirital needs are great. For some reason you all seem to have a hatred for the Cloth"
[19:49:19] <+Seth> ::Smiles:: "Not at all Father, in fact perhaps we should go to someone higher in the church, someone who has more power to drive out heritics. Who is the arch bishop of the area?"
[19:49:23] <+Charissa> "nay, Your Grace, not a hatred.  Let's say I am being objective and looking at all possibilities."
[19:49:48] <+Seth> "Perhaps he would have some fresh insight into these events? What do you think father?"
[19:50:02] <+Antilles> ::nods to Charissa:: "In these days and times Father, it is hard to put one's faith in anything."
[19:52:45] <.Bynw> *Bishop* "The nearest Archbishop is in Mariabronn."
[19:54:00] <+Seth> ::Nods:: "And he is your next superiour?"
[19:54:01] <+Charissa> "then maybe we should send for him"
[19:54:28] <+Antilles> "Seth, a word with you in private, please?" :: indicates the hallway ::
[19:55:12] <.Bynw> *Bishop Nidor places his hand briefly on Father Pele* "Yes Archbishop Malor is my superior and the superior of all the Bishops of the Territories."
[19:55:26] <+Seth> ::Nods again:: "Yes, I'm afraid if we can't get you to even see the over whelming evidence that the nobility here has met foul play Father, we must search higher in the church, as it is our only shepard."
[19:57:01] <+Seth> ::The smile now dissappears and is replaced with a look of stone:: "Are you saying that the deaths of the lords are natural, the work of god in fact, yes or no please Father."
[19:57:13] <+Seth> ::Folds his hands over his chest::
[19:58:20] <+Seth> ::Looks to Antilles and nods:: "A moment Father while I converse with our new lord" ::Moves towards the hall with Antilles::
[20:00:06] * +Antilles walks with Seth outside the study and into the hallway beyond.
[20:01:26] <+Antilles> :: whispering :: "Pele is at something. He can hardly contain himself in there. What concerns me is if you intend to honor the Church, and try and work with them."
[20:03:22] <+Seth> ::Looks over his shoulder at the bishop:: "Lower your defenses, open conversation is not safe...." @@::a slight pressure exerts itself on Antilles mind::@@
[20:03:47] <+Antilles> :: furrows his brow, but lets Seth into his mind ::
[20:04:57] <+Antilles> @@ "Seth ?" @@
[20:06:58] <+Seth> @@ The church can be a powerfull ally, or a dangerous enemy. I will not allow Warp wood to be a puppet of the church. It seems likely that they have a hand in this by the Fathers evasive attitude. If they will not support us, or worse if they really are the cause of the curse, I think the druids to the south might be a better ally. Our best outcome is getting the church and the druids to oppose each other and keep each other 
[20:06:58] <+Seth> busy.@@
[20:07:18] <.Bynw> *The Bishop and Father Pele wait patiently of the 2 lords to return. Not saying a word to the others still in the sitting room.*
[20:08:04] <+Antilles> @@ If the Druids are more apt to help us, would not it serve to inlist them in our quest as well? @@
[20:08:24] <+Seth> @@If I can get the bishop looking for evidence I can implicate the druids, but not back the churchs evidence completly. It will pit them against each other and we can play the middle@@
[20:08:45] <+Seth> @@I don't want too be a puppet of the druids either.@@
[20:08:53] <+Antilles> @@ Fine. What do you make of Pele? @@
[20:10:03] <+Seth> @@ ::A mental image of Pigs at a slop trough appears in his mind:: "He might be better off removed, but let's wait for now. He might be a way to control the bishop."
[20:10:55] <+Antilles> @@ One thing. Making an enemy of the Druids might not be a good idea. If they learn that we put the Church on them.. it could be more trouble for us. I will deal with Pele myself when the time comes. @@
[20:11:32] <+Seth> ::Nods and breaks the mental contact:: "Time to return I think."
[20:12:15] <+Antilles> "Aye"
[20:12:40] * +Antilles walks back into the study and stands back in his spot.
[20:14:13] <+Seth> ::Returns to the hall, his face still a mask:: "Where do you stand Father? We Lords of Warp Wood will not stand for hostile heritics in our lands, we turn to the church to protect and shepard us. Can you do this and provide us with the evidence or shall we take this matter to someone with more authority?"
[20:20:12] <.Bynw> *the bishop rises from his seat* "I have already told you that you have given enough evidence that something is amiss with the Lord's death. Yet you inist on not hearing it. And remember the reason that I have come to the capital is to prepare for your enthronement before the people."
[20:22:00] <+Antilles> :: Looks at the Bishop with steely eyes, but says nothing ::
[20:22:46] <+Seth> ::Smiles again:: "Excellent. I will keep the people informed of your progress then. I am sooo very happy too have your full cooperation Father. I simply don't know what we would do with out your guidence."
[20:23:47] <+Seth> "I will send a servent to fetch you and show you to your place during the enthrownment proceedings. I wouldn't want you to not know your place." ::chuckles::
[20:24:04] <.Bynw> *Father Pele watches the exchange between the Bishop and the Warp Wood lords and then turns his gaze back to Antilles.*
[20:24:28] <+Seth> ::Steps forward and gently takes the bishops hand again to kiss his ring::
[20:24:38] * +Charissa has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[20:25:38] <+Antilles> "Father Pele, I have ordered the guards to take a special note of you. :: somewhat sarcastically :: Is there something I can help you with now?"
[20:25:53] <.Bynw> *Father Pele* "His Grace requires 2 apartments within the palace that are connected to one another through a common door. One room will be for His Grace and the other for myself." *he looks at Antilles* "You will see to it."
[20:25:59] <+Seth> ::Steps back and again smiles, though it never touches his eyes::
[20:26:46] <+Antilles> "I will have it seen to, Pele."
[20:28:39] <+Antilles> "I will see to it that you are taken care of , Father Pele."
[20:30:54] <+Seth> ::Turns to his fellow lords and lowers his voice as he steps closer to them:: "Do any of you have concerns for his Grace? Now is the time to voice them."
[20:32:13] * +Antilles sneers at the man.. then turns to give a bow to the Bishop. He walks from the room back to the Great Hall. There he orders the seneshal to prepare the rooms for the Bishop, but gives instructions to use rooms in the center of the Palace, so that ajoining chambers can be used to monitor the Holy retinue.
[20:32:17] <+Jack> "No, I'm just glad to have His Grace on our team.  Hopefully we'll have a long and mutually profitable relationship."
[20:32:53] <+Seth> ::Raises his eyebrow at jack, but says nothing::
[20:34:07] * Kevin stays silent
[20:34:19] <+Seth> ::Bows to the Bishop and the Father:: "Your Grace, Father, I must tend to the preperations. If you'll excuse me..." ::doesn't wait foor word from either as he exits the hall::
[20:38:53] * +Jack exits too. "You'll be seeing me around, I'm sure. Name's Jack."
[20:39:15] * +Antilles sits on the King's Throne, with his arm on the chair's arm, tapping his brow.
[20:39:58] <+Seth> ::once he is well away from the hall he immediatly calls for the servents in charge of the enthronment preperations and informs him that the bishop is to be placed behind and to the right of the rest of the lords, with palace guards nearby and that Father Pele is to remain in his room. He is to give a place, to the person in charge of the local non-church faith, behind and to the left::
[20:40:53] <.Bynw> *the Bishop and Father Pele wait unti they are informed that their quarters are ready and then move into them, taking with them several palace servants and some of the Church's own who came with them and make ready the various preparations for the enthronement*
[20:42:20] * Kevin goes to the throne room, looking for the rest of the lords
[20:42:44] * +Antilles looks up when Kevin enters the Great Hall.
[20:43:36] <+Antilles> "What news do you bring, Lord Kevin?"
[20:44:51] <+Antilles> "Is the Bishop safely tucked away now?"
[20:46:02] * +Antilles stands up, and goes over to Kevin. He picks up a bottle of wine off the table and a pair of mugs.
[20:46:16] <Kevin> "I suspect as much. Last time I saw them they were headed to their quarters."
[20:46:24] <+Antilles> "Care for a drink?"
[20:46:37] * +Antilles nods to Kevin, and pours anyways.
[20:46:37] <Kevin> "That would be great."
[20:47:03] <+Antilles> "These are dangerous times my friend. Best take in the good times while they are upon us."
[20:47:16] * +Antilles hands Kevin a full tankard of ale.
[20:47:43] <+Antilles> "Here's to you lad." :: clinks his glass on Kevin's ::
[20:48:01] <Kevin> "And to you!"
[20:48:08] * +Antilles takes a deep drink
[20:48:16] * Kevin drinks heartily
[20:48:52] <+Antilles> :: whiping his mouth :: "Well, as good as can be expected, given our circumstances."
[20:49:26] <+Antilles> "Have you seen the others?"
[20:49:48] <Kevin> "Not since the meeting. I thought they may be in here."
[20:50:24] <+Antilles> "Well, we have much to discuss once they decide to join us."
[20:51:40] <Kevin> "And I hope we can discuss it soon."
[20:52:38] * +Jack looks in. "What's to discuss? His Grace is willing to play ball with us for now. Not sure about that snake Pele, but time will tell."
[20:53:31] <+Antilles> "Ah, Jack. Good to see you."
[20:53:56] <+Jack> "And you, Antilles."
[20:54:06] <+Antilles> "In fact, I had the servants place the good Bishop and Pele in a place so that we can keep an eye on them."
[20:55:10] <+Antilles> "I've noticed the Palace has more than a few secrets. Murder holes are in several areas. The main foyer has six, as a matter of fact, from which an archer could take aim at any intruder."
[20:56:12] <+Jack> "You're not suggesting that good Father Pele might meet up with an unfortunate accident, I hope."
[20:56:52] <Kevin> "I need to get a good look around the castle, if what you say is true..."
[20:56:56] <+Antilles> "As the Bishop said, when God calls a soul, it must answer, Jack."
[20:57:54] <+Antilles> "Im sure I havent discovered all the Palace's secrets yet, Kevin.. but I can show you the foyer sometime."
[20:59:12] <+Jack> "Now there you do have a point, Antilles.  But just remember the next snake they send might be worse.  Unless we're prepared to eject the Church from Warp Wood, we need to tolerate them, at least on our terms.  And I don;t think we're ready for that showdown yet."
[20:59:43] * +Antilles pulls the stein off the table and offers a drink to Jack as he talks.
[20:59:44] <Kevin> "We may never be."
[21:00:33] <+Antilles> "Well said Jack. I do agree with you. However, the Church may not be all evil. The Bishop seems to be honest. At least he believes his own words."
[21:02:07] <+Jack> "Yeah, Bishop Nidor is a good Joe.  Doen't mean I have to like him, but he believes in the Church."
[21:02:38] <+Jack> "If he makes a deal, he'll keep it."
[21:03:13] <+Antilles> "Aye, I trust him, for now. I will have to deal with that Pele at some point though, no doubt."
[21:03:59] <+Antilles> "His ability at spellcasting is what worries me."
[21:04:03] <+Jack> "You'll heve to get there before me, then.  But that can wait."
[21:04:24] * +Antilles winks at Jack
[21:04:40] <+Antilles> "You want a drink, or what?" :grinning"
[21:05:32] <+Jack> "A glass of wine would be good, I think."
[21:06:06] <+Antilles> "Very well." :: pours the goblet full and hands it to Jack ::
[21:06:53] * Kevin goes for a refill
[21:07:34] <+Antilles> "Now, as I was saying, there rooms can be monitored. I think Charissa would be apt at that.. as well as Coch."
[21:07:48] <+Antilles> *their*
[21:08:32] <+Antilles> "Certainly our good diplomat Seth has a few tricks as well."
[21:08:40] <+Jack> "Coch seems like a natural to be our Master of Spies."
[21:09:04] <+Antilles> "Aye, he should be that. Master of Spies, I like that title."
[21:09:10] <Kevin> "Aye."
[21:09:26] * +Antilles sips more of his drink.
[21:10:12] <+Antilles> "Speaking of Seth, where is he?"
[21:10:37] <Kevin> "Shall we send someone to get him?"
[21:10:54] <+Seth> ::as if his name summons him, he enter the great hall::
[21:10:59] <+Antilles> "No, I'm sure he will find ... ah!"
[21:11:21] <+Antilles> "How goes it Seth?"
[21:11:22] <Kevin> "Perfect timing, Seth."
[21:11:52] <+Seth> "I've seen to the preperations, but this whole thing is rushed, so it's going to be a bit messy."
[21:12:08] <+Antilles> "Better a mess than a disaster."
[21:12:21] <+Jack> "Hey Seth, need any warding done before the ceremony, or do you have that covered?"
[21:12:41] <+Seth> ::Looks about for a free cup and pours himself a glass of wine and just as quickly drains half of it down::
[21:13:15] <+Antilles> "Perhaps now is a good time to reveal your full plan to us, Seth."
[21:13:32] <+Seth> ::Smacks his lips and sighs:: "I'm not very good with wards..."
[21:14:38] <+Coch> ::Coch enters the Great Hall and moves to the table::
[21:14:58] <+Antilles> "Greetings, Lord Coch.. Master of Spies."
[21:15:37] <+Coch> "Not me, what happened with the Bishop?"
[21:16:13] <+Antilles> "Have a care, and sit with us.. we were just getting ready to discuss everything."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member