[20:04] <~bynw> | and valid. He then decreed Alderic to
[20:04] <~bynw> | be his heir and the Crown Prince of
[20:04] <~bynw> | Valimar.
[20:04] <~bynw> |
[20:04] <~bynw> | And finally Leopold has abdicated the
[20:04] <~bynw> | throne and renounced all claims to be
[20:04] <~bynw> | Valimar's King. Kneeling before
[20:04] <~bynw> | Alderic, Leopold shouts out:
[20:04] <~bynw> | "Long Live King Alderic".
[20:04] <~bynw> | The pen is indeed mighter than the
[20:04] <~bynw> | sword. Alderic Gibran is King of
[20:04] <~bynw> | Valimar.
[20:04] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:04] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:05] <~bynw> ::the crowd in the great hall echos Leopold's words. And begin chanting in unison - "Long Live King Alderic" - over and over again::
[20:05] <~bynw> ::As Alderic approaches the kneeling Leopold, Lord Cedric holds the crown::
[20:06] <~bynw> ::Only one is not chanting the call of Valimar's new king. The Lady Carmine. She stands defiant and staring at Leopold and Cedric as if they both have lost their minds::
[20:07] <~bynw> ::Leopold bows his head while still on bended knee before Alderic:: "I am your leigeman and General your Majesty. How may I serve?" ::he asks of his king::
[20:10] <Alderic> "Your fired."
[20:11] <~bynw> ::Leopold keeps his head bowed:: "As you command your Majesty."
[20:13] * Alianna watches the whole proceeding, keeping a careful eye on the clearly unhappy Lady Carmine.
[20:13] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "And as I cannot have you simply roaming the country-side stirring up dissent. I make the challenge to duel-arcane...officially."
[20:14] <~bynw> ::Lady Carmine:: "I have had enough." ::she form shifts and she grows in size to that of an ancient Red Dragon, and people begin to flee the chamber::
[20:15] * Alianna starts but stays just behind Alderic.
[20:15] <Alderic> ::Arches an eyebrow at her:: "You are banished from Valimar. Leave now peacefully."
[20:16] <Alderic> ::draws his weapon and puts up his shields, making them unseen to the naked eye::
[20:17] <~bynw> ::Leopold rises:: "You still seek to challenge me in a duel arcane?"
[20:18] <~bynw> ::Lady Carmine lets loose a fire breath into the chamber. Lord Cedric is the first to be caught by its embrace. He is incinerated in an instant of heat and flame.::
[20:19] <Alderic> ::Turns to Leopold, and arches his eyebrow. He lowers his voice and speaks in Cana now:: "What choice do you leave me? Your not a fool, you know I cannot just let you walk away and I cannot let you stay if I cannot trust you."
[20:19] <Alderic> ::his voice pitched just for those two::
[20:20] <Alderic> "I will not take Valimar down the path you did before."
[20:21] * Alianna holds her shields rigidly up.
[20:21] <Alianna> !df 4
[20:21] <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(-)( )
[20:21] <Alderic> !df 4
[20:21] <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)( )
[20:23] <~bynw> !df 4
[20:23] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(+)(+)
[20:26] * Alianna collapses, severely injured.
[20:26] <~bynw> ::Maydla manages to hold off most of the devistating attack::
[20:27] <Alderic> ::Pats out his clothing in a panic as it is on fire in several places::
[20:28] <~bynw> ::several of the crowded chamber have perished in the flames of the dragon::
[20:28] <~bynw> :;those that haven't died have fled::
[20:29] <Alderic> ::a quick flurry of motion, a Kata with his staff, and a word of power is spoken::
[20:30] <Alderic> !df 4
[20:30] <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(+)
[20:31] <~bynw> ::Leopld turns towards the Dragon:: "How dare you assult the King and people of Valimar!"
[20:31] <~bynw> !df 4
[20:31] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)( )
[20:35] <~bynw> ::the Dragon crashes hard to the stone floor of the chamber and slumbers::
[20:37] <Alderic> !df 4
[20:37] <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(+)(+)
[20:41] <Alderic> ::Slowly approches the dragon and stands before her bared throat. As he walks the bladed end of the Naginata glows a deep emerald green and the glow elongates into a blade of pure energy as long as the staff itself. He sets his feet as an exicutioner would:: "You are the first foe of Valimar, long live Valimar!"
[20:42] <Alderic> ::A spine chilling inhuman roar of a battle cry and a chop, and the dragon's head parts from her body as he swings down the blade. Pools of blood gush forth::
[20:43] <~bynw> ::Maydla stands wide eyed looking at Alderic in fear::
[20:44] * Alianna is still on the floor semi-conscious.
[20:49] <Alderic> ::absolutely covered in dragon's blood, he turns to Leopold. The energy blade dissipates He speaks calmly and quietly in Cana:: "As I was saying. You are no fool, you will usurp me at your first oppertunity."
[20:51] <Alderic> ::Looks to Leopold:: "Truce until I can attend to this mess?" ::looks about him at the chamber of horrors he's created."
[20:52] <~bynw> ::Leopold stares at the decapitated body of the ancient red dragon:: "Your Majesty is correct. I am not a fool. And I think it would be foolish to attempt to usurp you."
[20:53] <Alderic> ::scowls:: "I am no fool either, this...creature was never the greatest threat in the room. False modesty doesn't suit you Leopold."
[20:54] <~bynw> ::he stares blankly at the corspe:: "A great deal of her horde was used to buy this land from the Arrins. But now the rest of it lies unprotected. It wont take long for adventurers to learn that it is no longer guarded."
[20:54] <~bynw> ::Leopold:: "A truce for you I shall abide by."
[20:55] <~bynw> ::Leopold:: "I can heal your friend."
[20:56] <Alderic> ::His eyes light with a dangerous light:: "You will not touch her in any fashion. I will call the courts healers." ::Turns to do just that::
[20:56] <~bynw> ::Leopold nods:: "As you command my King"
[20:59] <Alderic> ::Strides quickly out. He shouts for healers to be brought in as he moves::
[21:01] <~bynw> ::those outside of the great hall cheer at seeing their new King emerge alive and unharmed and covered in dragons blood::
[21:02] <~bynw> ::he is rushed by all wellwishers from all sides::
[21:02] <Alderic> ::Raises his arms in triumph::
[21:03] <Alderic> ::shouts to those nearby:: "My companions need a healer, hurry!"
[21:03] <~bynw> ::crys go out calling for healers among the crowed and after several minutes some manage to make their way to the side of the King::
[21:05] <Alderic> ::Points inside:: "Inside, go, go. The Dragon is slain." ::Raises his voice, augmenting it to a roar to be heard far and wide:: "Bring the council back. And a Master Craftsman, I have a Dragon's skull to be made into my new throne!"
[21:06] <~bynw> ::more cheers go up and the people go quickly to let the word spread::
[21:11] <Alderic> ::turns to re-enter the chambers following the healers::
[21:16] <~bynw> ::behind Alderic come a couple of healers who start first with Alianna and then work their way through the rest of the chamber looking for other survivors::
[21:17] * Alianna stirs and her first action is to scream, which she cuts short when she realizes that she is not scorched to death and the dragon is dead.
[21:26] * Alianna abruptly realizes her clothes have been scorched off.
[21:27] * Alianna turns to the healer and asks, "May I please have some clothes?  I don't really want to be naked in the throne room."
[21:27] <Alderic> ::Pulls a robe from out of his bag and hands it over to Alianna:: "It's not that bad....it's a new look, but you bear it well"
[21:28] * Alianna puts on the robe and thanks Alderic profusely.
[21:28] <~bynw> ::the great hall begins to fill with more people starting the grusome task of clearing the dead and cleaning the mess::
[21:28] <Alderic> ::nods and smiles::
[21:29] <~bynw> "What should we do about the rest of the dragon my Lord?" ::asks a man coming up to Alderic::
[21:29] * Alianna pats her head to find that she has only singed scraps of hair left.  She grimaces but realizes it could have been much worse and just stands in her robe slightly behind Alderic.
[21:30] <Alderic> "Make a throne of the skull. Give anything else that the court mages request to them, the rest will feed the pigs."
[21:31] <~bynw> ::the man bows:: "It will be done my Lord"
[21:31] <~bynw> ::more men start coming in with saws and axes to dismember the corpes of the dragon::
[21:32] <Alderic> ::Still dripping blood, he turns to Alianna and Maydia, lowering his voice and moving close to them:: "Well that didn't go to plan."
[21:33] <Alderic> "Any suggestions as to our next move?"
[21:35] <Alianna> "Hell if I know what to do now.  This was the last thing I expected."
[21:35] <Alderic> "What to do with Leopold."
[21:36] <Alianna> "I don't know.  He doesn't seem to want to accept your challenge to Duel Arcane."
[21:36] <~bynw> ::Maylda still shocked at the carnage in the chamber whispers:: "He's gone"
[21:37] <Alianna> "Where the merry hell did he go?"
[21:38] <Alderic> ::Looks about for Leopold::
[21:39] <Alderic> "Slippery little..."
[21:47] * Alianna mutters, "Seriously."
[21:47] <~bynw> ::amoung the survivors of the dragon attack is Lord Torbert, the Royal Chamberlain, he comes before Alderic. His clothes abit burned and bows:: "Your Majesty. We must see to your corrination as soon as possible"
[21:48] <Alderic> "Where is Leopold?"
[21:53] <~bynw> ::Lord Talbert:: "I do not know your Majesty. He is probably still here in Spirit"
[21:56] <Alderic> ::Scowls::
[21:56] * Alianna scowls as well.
[22:02] <Alderic> "Bring him to me."
[22:02] <~bynw> ::Lord Talbert:: "My Lord? Bring you Leopold?"
[22:06] <Alderic> "Is that a problem?"
[22:07] <~bynw> ::Lord Talbert is a bit wide eyed:: "We shall do what we can to summon him." ::he bows::
[22:07] * Alianna picks up her sword and guns.
[22:10] <Alderic> "We may have some unfinished business."

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member