[20:05] <~bynw> |
[20:05] <~bynw> | Morning comes and so does the time of
[20:05] <~bynw> | the next step in the plan to stop
[20:05] <~bynw> | Leopold. Alderic will be given a
[20:05] <~bynw> | Matrix today.
[20:05] <~bynw> | If Alderic survives he will given a
[20:05] <~bynw> | 2nd Matrix. With both he will then
[20:05] <~bynw> | move to confront Leopold directly.
[20:05] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[20:05] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:13] <~bynw> ::the council chamber has been changed. the table has been removed and the room has been transformed into a ritual space. the compass points are marked with candles and the room  has been warded with a formal circle casting::
[20:14] <Alderic> ::freshly awoken from sleeping the night before he enters the chamber:: "Interesting. I've heard of something like this but never seen it."
[20:17] <~bynw> ::Maydla is standing guard at the ward, allowing only Alderic to pass as she cuts a doorway for him and then seals it after he enters::
[20:21] <Alderic> my internet is acting a bit weird though. I heard we where having issues with the dns server in worcester so....
[20:26] <~bynw> ::within the warded circle are Elden, Temere, Nym, and D'nar ... none of the others are inside::
[20:27] <Alianna> ??Where in hell am I in this???
[20:29] * Alianna is with her crew, readying the Aerie for the upcoming voyage.
[20:35] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Alderic, we will attempt to attune you to Elden's Matrix and mine for your confrontation with Leopold. There is some risk."
[20:36] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "As you are aware since your empowering, your senses are very attuned. Even greater than what your heritage will give you."
[20:38] <Alderic> "Risk?"
[20:40] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "You could potentally go mad with the onslaught of sensory awarness."
[20:41] <Alderic> "Anyway to slow this onslaught?"
[20:43] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "There are someways to do so yes. But I don't think you will have any difficulties."
[20:44] <Alderic> ::his eyebrow raises at Elden's Statement::
[20:49] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Trust me Alderic. Are you ready?"
[20:49] <Alderic> ::gives Elden a dubious look at that statement:: "As I will ever be."
[20:51] <~bynw> ::Elden pulls the medalion out of his shirt and the chain over his head::
[20:52] <~bynw> ::he grasps it firmly in his hands settings his own controls and thoughts within it::
[20:55] <~bynw> ::Elden then hands the medalion across to Alderic::
[20:56] <Alderic> ::slowly takes the medallion and fits it over his head::
[20:57] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Now attune yourself to it. Reach out with your mind and make contact with it. And let it flow .. you should be able to control the flow too."
[20:59] <Alderic> ::grabs the medallion with his right hand and reaches out with his mind to contact the medallion::
[21:00] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:00] <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(+)(+)
[21:01] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:01] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)(+)
[21:04] <Alderic> ::Grimaces, his grip tightens on the medallion and his hand tremors a bit. His eyes close, but his eyes flit back and forth under cover of his lids::
[21:06] <Alderic> ::his teeth grind a bit and the muscles in his jaw bulge as he clamps down:: "It's...so...much...I...I'm controlling the flow though..."
[21:10] <Alderic> ::Time passes and slowly he starts to regain his wits. He opens his eyes::
[21:12] <Alderic> "I've...I think I've got it under control."
[21:22] <~bynw> ::Temere smiles:: "I think you are the right choice for this ... are you ready for the next?
[21:22] <~bynw> "
[21:22] <Alderic> "As I ever will be."
[21:27] <~bynw> ::Temere takes off his medalion and he too sets a few controls before handing the medalion to his grandson::
[21:28] <Alderic> ::Takes the medallion and fits it too over his head, slowly::
[21:29] <Alderic> ::Reaches out to the medallion::
[21:29] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:29] <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(+)(-)
[21:29] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:29] <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(+)
[21:32] <Alderic> ::his eyes roll dart back and forth and slowly roll back into his head, though his mouth holds a slight smile. His hand grips the medallion shaking as before::
[21:33] <Alderic> ::A small drop of blood trickles out of his nose, but again slowly, over tie he begins to regain his wits::
[21:33] <Alderic> "I've...I can control them both."
[21:34] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "It feels odd to be with out it."
[21:35] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Do you want to rest before embarking on your journey or do you want to leave right away?"
[21:36] <Alderic> ::grimaces over some internal struggle, and for a moment it seems he might not have heard, then he answers:: "It will take a day or more to travel there. I should be fine by the time we arrive."
[21:39] <~bynw> ::Elden nods and Temere looks to the others for anything they may have to say::
[21:39] <~bynw> ::D'nar only moves to his place in the circle to begin the task of dismissing the wards::
[21:44] <Alderic> ::Head in hands he steps from the wards.:: "I think I will take a rest in my cabin if I can. I have a lot to take in."
[21:45] <~bynw> ::The four of them dismiss the warding as it fades into nothing like melting glass::
[21:46] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Go to Valimar and challenge it's King. All of the documents you need will be given to your ship so you may proof your claims and fly without restrictions within the Empire."
[21:51] <Alderic> ::slowly walks out and returns to his cabin::
[21:53] * Alianna sees an exhausted-looking Alderic approach and lets him go to his cabin without speaking to him.
[21:53] * Alianna waits for Maydla to board the Aerie.
[21:53] <~bynw> ::Maylda returns to the ship with several extra supplies of herbs for teas::
[21:54] * Alianna calls out the order to cast off.
[21:55] <~bynw> ::the Aerie casts off and begins to rise above the city of Waldsworth in Torr turning northward to the island of the new Valimar nation following the great River all the way::
[22:07] <~bynw> ::the journey northward will take a few days with a couple of scheduled jumps. the pace will not be one of great urgency but it will be fast as it is needed. Leopold may have already sensed the shift in power::
[22:13] * Alianna stays busy keeping the airship running.
[22:16] <Alderic> ::enjoys the fresh air as they travel, spending time alone on the deck::
[22:17] <~bynw> ::the 1st day passes without any incidents as Alderic rests above and below deck. Travelling the great River has brought the Aerie past the ruins of Capris and the coast lines of Halifax on the Starboard side and Channist on the Port side::
[22:18] <~bynw> ::jumping to save some time brings the ship close to the Arrin Island. And even with the Imperial paper plotting a course around the islands claimed territories is wise. Flying between Arrin and the Crystal Islands::
[22:19] * Alianna enjoys the journey as much as she can between being in charge of the ship and dreading the upcoming fight.
[22:25] <Alderic> ::seems to drift across the deck often oblivious to his surroundings, keeping to himself mostly::
[22:26] <~bynw> ::The Aerie passes by the islands and turns Northwest towards the distant island where Leopold now reigns as King, the sun is setting and by dawn they will arrive::
[22:30] <~bynw> ::As dawn rises the island of the new Valimar nation and it's coastline is seen. Most of the island is nothing but snow and ice save for its coastline where various crops can be grown during the short months of summer. In hours the ship will reach the town that bears the capital and throne::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member