21:09 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
21:09 <~bynw> |          Session 20 - Imperial Dreams
21:09 <~bynw> |
21:09 <~bynw> | A gentle breeze rustles the curtains hanging
21:09 <~bynw> | in front of the window. As they part in the
21:09 <~bynw> | flowing wind, the morning sunlight streams
21:09 <~bynw> | inward and then vanishes as the winds blow the
21:09 <~bynw> | curtains the other way once more.
21:09 <~bynw> | More like a dream than anything else. This
21:09 <~bynw> | tranquile scence must have reapted its self
21:09 <~bynw> | a countless number of times. Before anyone
21:09 <~bynw> | became fully awake to realize their surroundings.
21:09 <~bynw> | The moss covered floor of Chadwick's tower is
21:09 <~bynw> | gone. There is a soft mattress of a full bed,
21:09 <~bynw> | complete with pillows, sheets and quilted blanket.
21:09 <~bynw> | Rugs dot the stone floor around the room. A
21:09 <~bynw> | wardrobe is half open, showing one's clothes and
21:09 <~bynw> | possessions with in it. The clothes look to be
21:09 <~bynw> | well cleaned. This is not a room at an inn, nor
21:09 <~bynw> | certainly not the barracks of an Anadari
21:09 <~bynw> | apprentice.
21:09 <~bynw> | These look like the rooms one would get being
21:09 <~bynw> | the guest of royalty.
21:11 < Alianna> "Wait, what?!  What the hell just happened?"
21:13 <~bynw> * Alianna finds herself alone in the room. There are 3 wooden doors. 2 on one wall fairly close to one another and the 3rd on the adjacent wall *
21:15  * Alianna is disoriented in the extreme.  The last thing she knew, she was with three other people in a fight for the lives of possibly the whole of Teara Adan, and now she's here.
21:17 <~bynw> *sunlight streams through the window as the breeze gently parts the curtains*
21:20  * Alianna mutters, "What the hell is going on here?"  Then she straightens her clothes and peeks out the door that is by itself.
21:23 <~bynw> *the door opens into a small cooridor. it is lit by magical means as there are no torches on the walls. there is a door directly across from Alianna's and then one to her left and right and again with opposites across the corridor from her. and one further down at the end of the line*
21:28 < Alianna> "Hello?" She calls down the hallway, seeing nobody.
21:32 < Alderic> ::Muffled from behind the far door:: "Hello?"
21:33  * Alianna comes fully out of her room and walks down to the door from which she heard Alderic's voice.
21:34  * Alianna opens Alderic's door.  "Hi.  Where the hell are we and what the shit happened?"
21:35 <~bynw> *Alderic's room is very similar to the one Alianna has just left*
21:35 < Alderic> ::Smirks:: "I wish I knew." ::peeks into the wardrobe::
21:36 <~bynw> *the wardrobe contains the rest of one's clothes and posessions*
21:36 < Alderic> "it appears we've missed our oppertunity to track Chadwick's essence."
21:36 < Alianna> "The last I knew, we were in Chadwick's tower desperately trying to destroy him for good.  Two seconds later, or what feels like two seconds later, we're here."
21:37 < Alderic> ::Don's his haversack and boots from the wardrobe:: "We failed."
21:37 < Alianna> "Do we have any idea where Maydla and Hagen are?"
21:37 < Alianna> "Oh, splendid, so we get to do this all again?"
21:38 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "We may never get another shot at Chadwick. We may have lost the only lead we had forever."
21:39 < Alderic> "As well as our companions."
21:39 < Alderic> ??Last I knew I had Hagen's gun. Is that in the wardrobe?"?
21:40 < Alianna> "Lovely."
21:40 <~bynw> !! no, its only your posessions !!
21:40 < Alianna> "He won't just go quietly off into the forest and sulk."
21:42 <~bynw> *the door at the end of the hall opens, there is the form of a man in the doorway as he steps forward down the hall*
21:42 < Alderic> "Hagen's gun is missing. I had it last and he was unconscious. So whoever brought us here knows us, or atleast enough to know the gun wasn't mine."
21:43 < Alianna> "Doubly splendid."
21:43 < Alderic> ::Looks to the man::
21:44 < Alderic> ??who is it??
21:44  * Alianna follows Alderic's gaze to the man-shape.
21:46 <~bynw> *as the light adjusts, it is not Hagen but he stops a few feet away.* "Ah, glad to see two of you up already. Is Maydla awake as well?"
21:47 < Alianna> "I have no idea where Maydla is.  For that matter, I have no idea where /I/ am.  I don't mean to be rude, but what is going on?"
21:51 < Alderic> ??Who is this person??
21:54 <~bynw> *the man gives a slight bow* "Apologies. I am Corwin, govenor Schear's chief assistant. Welcome to Hemmelhold."
21:56  * Alianna looks disoriented still.  "Hemmelhold?"
21:56 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna:: "This will a bit hard to explain."
21:57 < Alianna> "Well, try."
21:57 <~bynw> *Corwin turns to one othe other doors and knocks on it calling out* "Maydla. Are you up?"
21:58 < Alderic> "Your in a city that floats above the clouds in secret from the majority of Adan. A place of wonder that few even know about and only very few have ever visited."
21:59  * Alianna 's eyebrows shoot up.  "Ooookay then."
22:00 < Alderic> "People you tell will think your telling tales Alianna. I promised you wonders if you followed me, welcome to them." ::smirks::
22:00  * Alianna finally laughs.  "This'll make a hell of a sea story."
22:01 < Alderic> "They have ships that sail through the air you know" ::smiles and raises an eyebrow at Alianna::
22:02 <~bynw> *the door Maydla's room opens and she is standing there looking at Corwin and then to Alderic and Alianna* "I'm up"
22:02 < Alianna> "Well, obviously, Maydla is okay.  Is Hagen here?"
22:03 <~bynw> *Corwin* "Yes Lord Hagen is in the city but not staying here at the palace"
22:05 < Alianna> "Okay.  Ships that sail in the air, huh, Alderic?"  She quirks up her mouth in a half-smile.
22:06 < Alderic> ::Nods to Alianna:: "Stick with me, there's more to see out there still." ::winks at Alianna, then turns to Corwin::
22:07 < Alderic> "Where is Chadwick?"
22:07  * Alianna barks out a coarse laugh.
22:07 <~bynw> "Yes we do have ships that sail in the air Alianna" ::Corwin says:: "One of a few places that have such ships."
22:07 <~bynw> ::Corwin:: "
22:08 <~bynw> His corpse is suspended and here until we turn it over to our allies"
22:09 < Alderic> ::Looks hopeful:: "Is he alive?"
22:09 < Alianna> "REALLY?!"
22:10 <~bynw> "Since you burned his body with acid before it could be regenerated, he's quite dead." ::Corwin replies::
22:12 < Alderic> "Then that shell is useless to us."
22:12  * Alianna closes her eyes and sighs with something akin to relief.
22:13 <~bynw> "if the 3 of you would come with me, we can discuss it in detail without standing in a hall" ::Corwin says as he turns back the way he originally came::
22:14  * Alianna barks a short laugh.
22:16 < Alderic> ::Follows Corwin::
22:17  * Alianna follows Alderic and Corwin.
22:17 <~bynw> ::Corwin leads the trio through the palace, passing several guards standing at some of the door. all wearing the same livery and carring guns that look like Hagen's
22:19 <~bynw> :: finally entering through a set of double doors into a large converence room with a large oval oak table. Lord Hagen is present and several other men as well. through the large windows of the room. Chadwick's tower can clearly be seen standing on the lawn outside::
22:19  * Alianna raises her eyebrows at the sight of Chadwick's tower.  "You brought him here, tower and all?"
22:20 <~bynw> ::Corwin looks out at the tower with a smile:: "Yes"
22:22 <~bynw> ::the man at the table rises, not a day over 50:: "I am Audric Schear. Welcome to Hemmelhold" ::he says as he rises and moves to greet the trio::
22:22 < Alianna> "Thank you, my lord."
22:24 <~bynw> !! doesn't look a day over 50 ... typ0s
22:24 < Alderic> ::Looks a bit confused at Audric:: "Thank you. Mr. Schear."
22:26 < Alderic> "You look just as my father described you."
22:28 <~bynw> ::Schear:: "I see you have taken a different path in life from that of your father. But the Anadari are always present." ::he says glancing at Maydla:: "Please join us"
22:29  * Alianna takes a seat quietly.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member