19:39 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:39 <~bynw> |          Session 19 - Imperial Dreams
19:39 <~bynw> |
19:39 <~bynw> | Chadwick.
19:39 <~bynw> | The goal of the mission to capture or kill
19:39 <~bynw> | this agent of evil. He surrounds himself with
19:39 <~bynw> | deadly plants, and fearsome monsters spawned
19:39 <~bynw> | of nightmarish magics and a sick mind.
19:39 <~bynw> | Bold and totally at ease with those who have
19:39 <~bynw> | come to bring him to justice. Feeling superior
19:39 <~bynw> | and unstopable he laughs at their presense.
19:39 <~bynw> | Completely secure or arrogant he allows them
19:39 <~bynw> | to enter his tower fortress in Utha. He
19:39 <~bynw> | allows them to enter his throne room where he
19:39 <~bynw> | looks out on his Uthani domain through 3 large
19:39 <~bynw> | windows.
19:39 <~bynw> | He mocks and taunts them. And they in turn
19:39 <~bynw> | insult and anger Chadwick. Anger begets loss of
19:39 <~bynw> | focus. Loss of focus begets mistakes. And
19:39 <~bynw> | Chadwick has made a mistake.
19:39 <~bynw> .
19:39 <~bynw> ::Alderic smiles:: "I see father left a lasting impression with you. Still cross I see. I would be too I guess if I had ben beaten like a baby at every turn by someone."
19:39 <~bynw> "And then beaten by his apprentices after that."
19:39 <~bynw> ::Chadwick looking at Alderic:: "Beaten. Hardly. Your foolish father thought he always got the upper hand. It was all part of the plan to boost his ego. I'm still very much alive and far more powerful."
19:39 <~bynw> ::Hagen pulls out his pistol while Chadwick is distracted and appears to cock the weapon before firing it directly at Chadwick::
19:39 <~bynw> ::Alderic smirks at Chadwick:: "Did you...." ::leaves off at the shot::
19:41  * Alianna jumps at the sound of Hagen's gun firing.  "Holy shit!"
19:41 <~bynw> ::Hagen steps forward firing his arcane weapon at the druid seated on his "throne". it makes that sound, like a metal wire whip being cracked, *fwee-woom* ::
19:42  * Maydla jolts slightly and follows the path of the bullet.
19:42 <~bynw> ::Hagen doesn't stop, he fires 3 shots total, moving a step closer with each one straight into the chest of Chadwick, forcing him backwards into his seat::
19:43 <~bynw> ::the arcane weapon doesn't fire bullets made of iron, but bolts of force much like that of a wizard's magic missle, and red hot buring a hole into Chadwick::
19:43  * Alianna looks to Alderic, still a little stunned by the firing of Hagen's weapon.
19:43 <~bynw> *Fweee-woom*
19:44 <~bynw> *Fweee-woom*
19:44  * Maydla looks to Alianna and Alderic in turn, hoping for some cue as to whats happening next...
19:46  * Alianna regards Maydla and says, quietly, "Beats the hell out of me."
19:46 <~bynw> ::by the time Hagen has fired three shots, 2 at almost point blank range, the unamed owlbear by the door has also moved and with its powerful forearms its swings at Hagen, connects and sends him flying across the room, to hit the wall near the windows, where he lies motionless, his weapon also flying out of his hand and scatters across the floor::
19:47  * Alianna raises her pistol and fires at the owlbear that has attacked Hagen.
19:49 < Alianna> !df 4
19:49 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(-)
19:49  * Maydla scoots around toward the closest window and unknowingly lightly touches an ivy vine.
19:50 < Alderic> ::Looks to Chadwick::
19:51 < Alderic> ??is he dead??
19:53 <~bynw> ::the owlbear howls in pain, turning back towards Alianna::
19:55 <~bynw> *Chadwick indeed appears to be dead. There is a smoldering and blackend hole midway through his chest. He is not moving. However the vines that make up his throne and cover the walls and celing of the chamber do move::
19:56 <~bynw> *they are moving to cover Chadwick's body, wrapping themselves around him, in a protective fiberous cocoon*
19:56  * Maydla feels movement against the back of her legs as the vine begins to move toward the throne and tilts her head in curiousity.
19:56 < Alderic> ::He appears to stand transfixed at the dead body of Chadwick, mouth gaping::
19:57  * Alianna fires again at the owlbear.
19:57 < Alianna> !df 4
19:57 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(+)( )
19:57 < Alderic> !df 4
19:57 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )(-)
20:01 <~bynw> *Chadwick's body is quickly obscured by the vines moving and growing to cover him*
20:02 <~bynw> *the owlbear again is hit, and takes a few steps backwards and glaces to his companion who hasn't moved and stops, it's red eyes glaring at Alianna *
20:02 < Alianna> "Shit shit shit!"
20:03 < Maydla> "Alianna, catch!"
20:03  * Alianna reloads as rapidly as possible and fires again at the same owlbear.  "My gods why won't these fracking things DIE?!?!?"
20:03  * Maydla tosses her another, different, weapon
20:03  * Alianna turns at Maydla's voice and catches the weapon.
20:03 <~bynw> *the vines covering Chadwick fuse together, as if they are forming a pod around his corpse*
20:04  * Maydla thinks, "That cant be good..."
20:04 < Alianna> ?? What did Maydla throw to me??
20:04 < Maydla> A gun of sorts
20:04 < Maydla> sorry
20:05 <~bynw> *the owlbear in front of Alianna drops to it's knees putting its hands in the air*
20:05 < Alianna> !!It's okay, thanks.  !!
20:05  * Alianna aims the weapon at the owlbear but hesitates when it goes to its knees.
20:07 < Alianna> "Alderic?!?!"
20:08  * Maydla glances around at the other owl bear noticing that it still has not moved.
20:09 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the owlbear:: "We're not doing any good here just firing randomly."
20:09 < Alderic> "Maydia, what are the plants doing?"
20:09 <~bynw> ::flowers on the vines on the walls being to bloom::
20:11 < Maydla> "I'm not very sure what they are doing, but those flowers are poisonous and should NOT be on THOSE vines. This cant be good."
20:11 < Maydla> "I assume they are protecting his corpse. Maybe he will rise again?"
20:12 < Alianna> "And we still have to find the way Chadwick regenerates himself."
20:13 < Alderic> "The pod is doing that. Burn it. Careful of the plants, they may shoot barbs."
20:14 <~bynw> ::owlbear that has been shot and bleeding:: "no burn" ::it starts to rise up::
20:17 <~bynw> ::it's red eyes glaring at Alderic::
20:17 < Maydla> "Well. Why cant we burn it?"
20:17 < Alderic> ::His eyes narrow at the owlbear, he speaks to it:: "Chadwick must be stopped. He cannot be allowed to continue."
20:17 < Alianna> "Why the hell should we listen to you?  You'd like to kill us all."
20:20  * Alianna keeps the weapon trained on the owlbear, occasionally looking over to the other owlbear and the pod around Chadwick's body.
20:20 <~bynw> ::owlbear:: "if you burn, you will die"
20:20 < Alderic> "Maydia, can you...read it's mind. Find out what it knows?"
20:20 < Alderic> ::Motions to the owlbear::
20:21 <~bynw> *the other owlbear which was conversing orginally with Alderic hasn't said a word since Hagen's attack. It only stands watching the pod*
20:21 < Maydla> !df 4
20:21 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)(+)
20:24 < Maydla> "Hey you all, I see something next to the pod. A person; nay, an elf or possibly half-elf reaching into the pod. He's staring at me..."
20:25  * Alianna keeps her weapon pointed at the owlbear but glances over to the pod.
20:25 <~bynw> ::the owlbear turns to look at the pod, sniffing the air::
20:25 < Maydla> "He's shimmering, and moving his hand in and out of the pod. And now he's gone. I think he may have been phasing or maybe a spirit."
20:27 < Alianna> "What the flying hell?"
20:28 <~bynw> ::the owlbear turns back to the group:: "tricks"
20:28 <~bynw> *more flowers are blooming on the walls and celing across the vines*
20:29 < Maydla> Maydla to the owl bear: "You saw that, did you?"
20:30 < Maydla> "Did anyone else see what I saw?"
20:30 < Alderic> ::shakes his head no::
20:31 < Alderic> "What is the owlbear mean Maydia?"
20:31 <~bynw> ::the owlbear ignores the human, and seems to only watch Alderic and sometimes Alianna's gun::
20:32  * Alianna starts to alternate pointing the gun from one owlbear to the other.
20:32  * Maydla stares into the owl bears eyes intently, "You saw what just happened. Speak to me or you'll be forced to."
20:32 <~bynw> *the fragrence of the flowers slowly begins to fill the room, just a hint at first as they continue to bloom*
20:33  * Maydla sniffs the air lightly and coughs.
20:33 < Alianna> "Maydla?"
20:33 <~bynw> *the owlbear continues to ignore the human girl*
20:34 < Maydla> "Alianna, shoot that thing in the foot. I'm sick of its insolence. It thinks I'm only human."
20:34  * Alianna shoots the owlbear's foot, as requested.
20:35 < Alianna> !df 4
20:35 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(+)(-)
20:35 < Maydla> "There's something in the scent of those flowers and its bothering me. I can't pinpoint whats going on with it."
20:36 <~bynw> *the creature howls in pain, falling back due to the wounded foot, and again tries to stand ... but can't::
20:37  * Maydla smiles grimly.
20:37  * Alianna returns to her vigilant stance, keeping both owlbears and the pod in sight and the gun at the ready.
20:38  * Maydla moes to stand near Alianna and again tries to speak to the owl bear.
20:38 < Maydla> (moves)
20:38 < Maydla> "Alderic, is there any way to open the windows in here? *coughs*
20:39 < Maydla> "Poisonous flowers..."
20:39 < Alderic> ??Is the floor completely covered with plants??
20:41 <~bynw> !! the floor is compleatly covered with a soft green moss ... the vines are mostly on the walls and celing. and the flowers are there too!!
20:42  * Maydla quickly looks from Alianna, Alderic, then the owl bears each in turn.
20:42 < Alianna> "What is it, Maydla?"
20:43 < Maydla> "Uh, someone's talking to me. Mind Speech."
20:43 < Alianna> "Who is it and what are they saying?"
20:44 < Maydla> "Alianna, Alderic; we have to get our buddy out of his pod and completely destroy him quickly. He's weak and vulnerable. We need air in this room and we need to do something quick."
20:44 < Alianna> "Okay, how?"
20:45 < Maydla> "Which of you has phased before?"
20:46 < Alianna> "That's all Alderic."
20:46 <~bynw> *outside the sky is growing dark*
20:47  * Maydla grabs Alderic's wrist. "Are you willing to try to phase with me into the pod?"
20:48 < Alderic> "Phasing is a trick of my Father's, it is extremely rare and practiced only by Masters that I know of."
20:48 < Alderic> ::Your hand moves through my wrist as if it's not there::
20:50 < Maydla> 'You need to phase into the pod and drag Chadwick's body out so we can destroy it. He's weak now, and vulnerable."
20:52 < Alderic> !df 4
20:52 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)( )(-)
20:58 <~bynw> *there is sounds of thunder, muffled as the sky grows darker outside of the tower. inside the chamber, though the light level doesn't change. held at a constant by magic*
20:58  * Alianna turns the gun on the windows and shoots them out.
21:00 < Alderic> "I don't think I can phase like you describe Maydia."
21:03 <~bynw> *the thunder shakes the tower, the storm outside is getting closer by the minute. flashes of lighting can be seen outside the windows*
21:04 < Alianna> "Could I cut the pod apart and get him out that way?"
21:05 < Maydla> 'Alderic do you think you could go into the pod safely?"
21:05 < Maydla> "Alianna, I dont think that would be a good idea, as the pod if so thick."
21:05 <~bynw> ::the owlbear laughs or what sounds like a laugh::
21:06 < Alianna> "Shit."
21:06  * Alianna continues pointing the gun at the owlbears.
21:06 <~bynw> *the scent of the flowers is getting stronger*
21:07 < Alianna> !df 4
21:07 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(+)(+)
21:08 < Alderic> !df 4
21:08 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)( )
21:10 <~bynw> *the windows rattle abit due to the growing wind and are being pelted by rain*
21:16 < Maydla> !df 4
21:16 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(+)(+)
21:16 <~bynw> *the scent of the flowers don't seem to be affecting anyone just yet*
21:17 < Alianna> "I don't think we have much time, you guys."
21:17 < Maydla> "I'm inclined to agree."
21:17 <~bynw> *lightning flashes and cracks outside of the tower*
21:18  * Alianna takes Maydla's hand with the hand not occupied with the gun.  "Can you get Hagen's weapon and get it to me?" she says in Mind Speech.
21:19 < Alderic> "The gun is gone."
21:19 < Alderic> ::Smiles::
21:19 < Alianna> "Where did it go?"
21:21 < Maydla> @@ "How do we kill him?! @@
21:23 < Maydla> @@ "Which of us should go into the pod?" @@
21:23 < Alderic> ::To the Owlbear:: "How can you talk?"
21:23 <~bynw> *the storm outside has blackend the sky to be lit only by the crack of lightning and the roar of thunder that shakes and rattles the tower*
21:24  * Maydla turns a sharp glance from Alderic to the owlbear.
21:24 <~bynw> ::owlbear:: "our lord gave us the power of speach"
21:24 < Alianna> "Chadwick."
21:24 <~bynw> *the owlbear sways on its feet as the storm shakes the tower*
21:25 < Maydla> "is there anything that thing hasnt messed up?"
21:25 < Alianna> "I doubt it."
21:27 < Alderic> "And where is your lord's master?"
21:28 <~bynw> *the whole tower rocks with the crashing of thunder, rain pours down in buckets against the windows. the thick glass holding strong against the gail.*
21:28  * Alianna staggers a little but stays on her feet.
21:29  * Maydla takes Alianna's hand and asks "What else can you do? Can you create fire or high heat in any way?"
21:31 < Alderic> ::Moves to stand across the room from Hagen's prone form, near one of the windows, talking to the owlbear as he moves:: "Chadwick's Master, where is he?""
21:31 < Alianna> "Maybe if we all three concentrated together we can set the pod afire?"
21:32 <~bynw> ::owlbear:: "our lord is lord of all. and of you."
21:32  * Maydla abruptly lets loose of Alianna and takes a breath. She then turns slightly transparent and moves through the vines and disappears from view for a few moments.
21:32 < Alianna> "Holy shit!"
21:32 < Maydla> !df 4
21:32 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)( )
21:36 < Alderic> "You chose the wrong master creature."
21:41 < Maydla> !df 4
21:41 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(+)
21:43 < Alderic> ::He suddenly disappears from his current position and appears infront of the window across the room, standing near Hagen's prone form. His staff planted butt to the stones infront of him::
21:43  * Maydla reaches her arms around Chadwick's ankles and begins to drag him out of the overly warm pod, appearing wet and worn on the other side.
21:44 <~bynw> *another flash of lighting rips through the sky outside and crashes through the window nearest to where Hagen's body lies arching through the owlbear standing there and then through Alderic's staff and back out the window as rain hits the moss covered floor*
21:45  * Maydla tugs a bit harder on chadwicks body to rip the rest of the small vines still attached to him.
21:45 < Alderic> ::Yelling over the roar of the lightning:: "You chose poorly."
21:45 <~bynw> *the owlbear hit by the lighting screams in a ear shattering sound as it is fried and burned*
21:45  * Alianna jumps a little at the lightning strike.
21:45  * Maydla looks up while moving away from the pod and asks Alianna, "What did I miss?"
21:46  * Alianna watches the one owlbear get cooked by the lightning, and keeps her gun trained on the other owlbear.
21:46 <~bynw> *the other owlbear sees Maydla drag the body of Chadwick from the pod and charges*
21:46  * Alianna fires the gun at the owlbear as it charges toward Maydla.
21:47  * Maydla drops Chadwick's ankles abruptly and tries to move out of the way, tripping a bit.
21:47 < Alianna> !df 4
21:47 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)( )( )
21:49 <~bynw> *the shot only slows the creature down*
21:49  * Alianna reloads and fires again.
21:49 < Alianna> !df 4
21:49 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(-)( )
21:49 < Alderic> ::Rain pelting the floor around his feet, dim light to his back. Lightning arcing around him he shouts a word of power and tilts his staff at the owlbear that is moving, Lightning arcing out at it:: "Say hello to your master in hell!"
21:50 <~bynw> *the rain pelting the room through the lightning struck window soaking the moss on the floor and taking the smell of the flowers out of the air*
21:50 < Alderic> !df 4
21:50 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)(+)
21:51 <~bynw> *a muffled groan comes from Hagen*
21:52  * Maydla shuffles backwards away from the owl bear and tries to stand up.
21:53 <~bynw> *the bolt of lightning archs from Alderic's staff and strikes the owlbear. it screams in agony. flesh, fur and feather burning as it drops to the floor*
21:53  * Alianna turns to Maydla.  "Okay, you got him out of the pod.  How do we destroy him?"
21:53  * Maydla pants, "That is a good question."
21:54 < Maydla> @@ "How do we destroy him?@@
21:54 < Maydla> "What do we have that destroys plant life?
21:54 < Maydla> "
21:56 < Alianna> "Alderic?"
21:56 < Alderic> "Ever seen what happens to a tree struck by lightning?" ::small bolts of lightning playing on the floor around his feet and up his staff:: "Put him down and back away."
21:57  * Alianna backs away from Chadwick's body, heading toward the wakening Hagen.
21:57  * Maydla backs away from Chadwicks body quickly.
21:57 < Maydla> "He's all yours, Alderic."
21:58 <~bynw> *the lighting on the floor begins to fade to nothing*
21:59 < Alderic> ::Looks about confused::
21:59  * Alianna shakes her head.
21:59  * Maydla frowns and sways on her feet, reaching out a hand to the wall for support.
21:59 <~bynw> *the rain continues to fall from the darkened sky*
21:59 < Alderic> "Something is wrong" ::Points his staff at Chadwick's prone form::
22:00 < Alianna> "There's a fucking lot wrong, but what do you mean specifically?"
22:00 < Maydla> "Someone is trying to get into my mind."
22:00  * Maydla sways again, and leans her back against the wall.
22:00 <~bynw> *a buzzing and ringining in the ears*
22:00 < Alianna> "Shields, kid."
22:00  * Alianna diverts some psychic energy to her shields.
22:01 <~bynw> *your Shields are faultering*
22:01 < Maydla> "Thank you, Alianna. I'm very tired from my phasing. I'm just so tired..."
22:02  * Alianna pushes more energy toward shielding, trying to shore up Maydla's shields as well.
22:03 < Alianna> "I can understand that."
22:03 < Alderic> ??Are the flowers still blooming??
22:03 < Alderic> ??The vines still moving??
22:03 <~bynw> *the flowers and vines are withering*
22:03 < Alianna> "What the hell is going on?  I can't shield for shit, and I'm...really tired."
22:04 < Maydla> @@ "Are you doing this?" Why Are you doing this?" @@
22:04 <~bynw> *Hagen* "dampening ..."
22:06 < Alderic> "Maydia, where is Chadwick's mind, is essence?"
22:06 < Alderic> (is=his)
22:08 <~bynw> *the headache becomes worse with a constant buzzing and ringing in all of your thoughts*
22:08 < Maydla> "Cant be sure but its still there in his body."
22:09  * Maydla rubs her temples urgently trying to push away the buzzing in her mind.
22:09  * Alianna shakes her head and tries to push against the buzzing.
22:10 < Alderic> ::Snarls, his mouth drops open and a stream of acid spits out and hits Chadwick's prone form::
22:11 < Maydla> "Whoa."
22:14 <~bynw> *Chadwick's prone form starts to disolve in the acid stream now pooling around him. eating the moss and part of the stone floor as well*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member