20:01 <~bynw> | The road to the tower has been plagued with
20:01 <~bynw> | many dangers. Plants and trees that attack
20:01 <~bynw> | those who would dare come within reach. And
20:01 <~bynw> | the fearsome owl bears. Monstrosities that
20:01 <~bynw> | should not be.
20:01 <~bynw> |
20:01 <~bynw> | All of these dangers have been combated. The
20:01 <~bynw> | attacking plants have been destroyed and the
20:01 <~bynw> | owl bears have been avoided.
20:01 <~bynw> | Through the use of magic. Alderic has transported
20:01 <~bynw> | the four of them from the forest floor to the
20:01 <~bynw> | very top of Chadwick's tower. Here they have
20:01 <~bynw> | used magic to climb down the tower walls and
20:01 <~bynw> | enter through an open window.
20:01 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:03 <~bynw> *once inside the room with the open window. here too moss is heavy and thick on the stone floor. covering it like a great carpet*
20:04 <~bynw> *vines climb every inch of the walls and celing, even combining with the vines from outside the window. here and there are small flowers, and some of the vines have thorns*
20:06 <~bynw> *the window itself is only about a yard across. directly opposite the window is a door, it too is covered in vines. the room is about 9 x 9 feet or there about*
20:09 <~bynw> ::Hagen enters the room from the window glancing around:: "no furniture ..."
20:11 < Alderic> ::Points to the vines:: "I'm sure that will bend as needed. You should be a bit more wary Lord."
20:11 < Alderic> ::Looks to Maydla:: "Are those vines safe?"
20:16 < maydla> "Can't be completely sure, they seem to be some type of hybrid..."
20:19 <~bynw> ::Hagen moves slowly into the enterior of the room::
20:20 < Alderic> ::Drops to the floor slowly and follows Hagen, watching the vines about his feet, head on a swivel::
20:24 <~bynw> *the vines move, but they don't move to attack or entangle, just continue to climb the walls and move across every inch of them::
20:26 < Alderic> ::Moves to the door, tries the handle slowly and quietly::
20:28  * Alianna watches Alderic, moving her head around watching the vines writhe.
20:31 <~bynw> *the vines cover the open window, weaving a tight cover over it, sealing it off*
20:31 < Alianna> "Oh shit."
20:31 <~bynw> *the door clicks as Alderic tries the handle and opens ever so slightly*
20:34 < Alderic> "Guess surprise isn't really an option."
20:34 < Alianna> "Probably not."
20:34 < maydla> "Indeed."
20:35 < Alderic> ::Sighs and yanks the door inwards opening it wide::
20:36 <~bynw> *the chamber beyond is about 4 1/2 feet wide and about 8 feet long. it too is covered with a moss carpet and the vines continue to grow across the walls. there is light, but no source*
20:36 <~bynw> *at the far end of the chamber is another door. there is also a door to the immediate left and a set of double doors in the middle of the wall to the right*
20:39 < Alderic> ::To Maydla:: "Can you sense a mind or mental shields in this place and where they are from here?"
20:46 < maydla> "You want the short or the long answer, Alderic?"
20:49 < Alderic> ::smirks:: "Thrill me."
20:49 < maydla> "Yes, there are several layers of shields here, only one of which I was able to penetrate overall. I've been blocked basically speaking."
20:55 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow and moves on, trying the double doors on the right::
20:55 <~bynw> ::Hagen:: "So do we try every door? Stealth isn't needed here I think."
20:56 <~bynw> *the doors on the right, also open inward and are unlocked*
20:57 < maydla> "Stealth here is impossible since evry living thing knows we are here, and knew we were here loooong ago."
20:57 < Alianna> "Then the hell with it.  Let's just find his source and destroy it and get the hell out of here."
20:58 < Alderic> ::nods and shoulders the doors inward stepping in as he does::
20:59 <~bynw> *Alderic is meet by red-rimmed eyes that look slightly mad. Taloned claws with arms of feather and fur grab Alderic and toss him further into the room beyond the double doors*
21:00  * Alianna draws her pistol again and shoots at the head of the owlbear.
21:08 < Alianna> !df 4
21:08 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(+)(+)
21:10 -!- maydla (Mibbit@2B12AA.E818B3.4AC944.14480D) has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
21:10 <~bynw> ::the foul creature manages to put the door back in the way. Alianna's shot sends splinters of wood flying as the door made a great shield. the creature looks at her through the hole and backs away while a 2nd one grabs Alderic and lifts him off the moss covered floor*
21:11 < Alianna> "Shit shit shit!
21:11 < Alianna> "
21:11 <~bynw> ::Maylda:: "These aren't mindless beasts ... I can sense their minds ..."
21:12  * Alianna reloads as quickly as she can.
21:13 <~bynw> ::Hagen:: "The doors are still open ..."
21:15 < Alianna> "Hagen, for gods' sake do something.  Throw some magic at these damn things or something.  Shooting them doesn't help much."
21:16 < Alderic> !df 4
21:16 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )(+)
21:16 <~bynw> ::Hagen:: "I'm not a wizard"
21:19 < Alderic> ::mutters a few arcane words of power and disappears from the owlbears grasp, with a small pop he appears almost instantly a few feet outside of the things reach across the room, his naginata held at the ready before him::
21:19 < Alianna> "How the fuck are we going to get around these things?"
21:19 < Alderic> "Blind them, cripple them if you can't kill them."
21:20 < Alderic> ??is there a window in here??
21:20 <~bynw> *the owlbear seems to be a bit surprised at the magic used by Alderic* "How?" *it says looking at Alderic*
21:21 <~bynw> *the room takes up about half the tower on this floor. There are 3 large windows opposite the door on it's arcing wall. each window is about 6 feet across*
21:22 < Alderic> ::his eyes narrow at the owlbear, he glances at Alianna:: "Wait!"
21:22  * Alianna stops in mid-reload.
21:23 < Alianna> "What, the hell-begotten things can TALK?!?!"
21:24 <~bynw> *the first owlbear reopens the door and looks at Alianna with it's redrimmed eyes* "Come" *it says beconning the others into the room with its arm and claw*
21:25 < Alderic> ::gestures for Alianna to continue reloading, then to the owlbear:: "Who are you?"
21:28 <~bynw> *the owlbear nearest Alderic answers* "I am Kawldg"
21:30  * Alianna continues reloading, rather taken aback by the speech of the owlbears.
21:32 < Alderic> "What do you want?"
21:35 <~bynw> *Kawldg looks at Alderic* "How did your magic work?"
21:39 <~bynw> *a figure is standing near the middle of the 3 windows* "Do not worry about it Kawldg. Tend to the doors and welcome our guests."
21:39 < Alderic> ::Keeps his weapon at the ready:: "space and time are the same. Both are relative concepts. I shifted my 'space' a bit in relation to the rest."
21:40 <~bynw> *the owlbear called 'Kawldg' moves toward the other door and opens it wide*
21:40  * Alianna has reloaded her pistol and has it at the ready.
21:41 < Alderic> ::Looks to the figure::
21:42 <~bynw> *the figure turns from the window, he his human* "Put away your weapons" *he says looking at Alianna and then to Alderic*
21:42 < Alderic> ??discription please, and do I recognize him/her??
21:42  * Alianna looks to Alderic without holstering her pistol.
21:46 < Alderic> ::Grips his weapon tighter:: "You have mere moments to speak Chadwick before I cook your brain in what passes for your skull. Make your last words count."
21:50  * Alianna freezes and then starts to go for her short sword in addition to the pistol.
21:51 <~bynw> *the man speaks a word of power and instantly any metal becomes chilly and uncomfortable to touch and is growing colder*
21:51  * Alianna holsters the pistol.  "Bugger me!"
21:52 < Alderic> !df 4
21:52 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(-)
21:52  * Alianna leaves the short sword in its sheath at her hip.
21:52 < Alderic> ::speaks a word of power::
21:53 <~bynw> *Chadwick looks at Maylda* "Such a precious woman child. She has potential to be great if she left those acursed Anadari."
21:56 <~bynw> *Chadwick goes to sit as the vines move to weave a great high backed chair for him* "You are my guests until I grow tired of you and feed you to either my pets or the vines. Foolish to come here and so boldly at that. You cannot harm me here filthly beasts like most of your kind."
21:58 < Alianna> ??What did Alderic do??
21:59 < Alderic> ::takes a step back muttering under his breath and shoves his staff in his bag. The staff much too large to fit, but seems to slide in effortlessly none-the-less::
22:00 <~bynw> *Chadwick turns to Alderic* "You reak of that Anadari fool Nym. You must be his bastard."
22:01 <~bynw> ::Hagen takes a few steps into the room at the 'suggestions' of the owlbears at the doors::
22:02 < Alderic> !df 4
22:02 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(-)
22:02  * Alianna looks to Alderic to see his reaction.
22:05 < Alderic> ::Smiles:: "I see father left a lasting impression with you. Still cross I see. I would be too I guess if I had ben beaten like a baby at every turn by someone."
22:08 < Alderic> "And then beaten by his apprentices after that."
22:09 <~bynw> *Chadwick looking at Alderic* "Beaten. Hardly. Your foolish father thought he always got the upper hand. It was all part of the plan to boost his ego. I'm still very much alive and far more powerful."
22:11 <~bynw> *Hagen pulls out his pistol while Chadwick is distracted and appears to cock the weapon before firing it directly at Chadwick::
22:11 < Alderic> ::Smirks at Chadwick:: "Did you...." ::leaves off at the shot::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member