19:55 <~bynw> |
19:55 <~bynw> | Alderic, Alianna, and Maydla have spent some
19:55 <~bynw> | time in a sitting room at the inn in South
19:55 <~bynw> | Wind waiting for the appointed hour to meet
19:55 <~bynw> | again with Lord Hagen.
19:55 <~bynw> | As the time has drawn near the trio leave the
19:55 <~bynw> | sitting room and rejoin the rest of the inn's
19:55 <~bynw> | patrons in the common room.
19:55 <~bynw> | Lord Hagen is just walking in, he has a woman
19:55 <~bynw> | with him. She appears to be in her 20's and
19:55 <~bynw> | they are talking with one another as they
19:55 <~bynw> | enter the inn.
19:55 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:03 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen and the young woman make their way through the common room, not noticing the others there and head for the stairs leading up to the suites::
20:04 < Alianna> "Well, how 'bout that?  I don't suppose they were looking too hard for us."
20:04 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow as the two seem to be heading to a room::
20:04 < Maydla> "Agreed."
20:07 < Alderic> "Should we interupt?"
20:07 < Maydla> "Maybe..."
20:11 <~bynw> ::the pair continue up the stairs leading the suites, where the party came down from earlier::
20:11 < Maydla> "Erm... we should probably follow them. OR we could let them find us."
20:13 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "If they don't come down in a few minutes I'll go surprise them." ::grins wickedly and takes a drink from his honey lager::
20:14  * Alianna snickers.
20:15 <~bynw> ::the pair are out of view of the inn's common room::
20:15  * Maydla grins.
20:18 < Alderic> ::Waits for twenty minutes or so while he finishes his drink::
20:18 < Alderic> ??Still no sign of the two??
20:19 <~bynw> ::ten minutes into waiting Lord Hagen appears again in view. The young lady at his side::
20:19 <~bynw> ::he is looking into the common room and catches site of the trio enjoying drinks::
20:20 < Alderic> ::Waves him over to the table::
20:21 <~bynw> ::he comes over with the young woman:: "This is not a very .." ::he pauses:: "secure place to speak. I though we would meet again in your suite"
20:26 < Alderic> "Oh we thought you where....uhh...." ::glances at the young woman at his side:: "Nevermind. There is a small sitting room to the back that seems to offer some privacy and a bit more comfort."
20:27  * Alianna muffles a laugh.
20:27 <~bynw> "Lead the way" ::he says with a gesture::
20:28 < Alderic> ::Grabs his beer glass and stands. Waiting for the ladies in a gentlemanly fashion:: "Ladies."
20:29  * Maydla picks up her drink and waits for the group to migrate into the other room.
20:29  * Alianna takes up her drink and starts walking toward the private room.
20:30 <~bynw> ::once everyone is in the room and the door has been shut:: "Are you capable of warding this room?"
20:34 < Alderic> !df 4
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result:
  • [-]
  • [ ]
    20:37 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen:: "This is Myri Andro. She was witness to a spectacular work of magic and a horrific events here ..." ::he says pulling out a map scroll and pointing to spot in the mountains of Utha::
    20:37 < Alderic> ::he closes his eyes for a moment, a chanting hum barely audible escapes him. He throws out his arms and a bubble suddenly expands to the walls of the room. Arcane symbols float on it's surface written in glowing green letters::
    20:41 < Alderic> "We should be safe from ease dropping now." ::Nods to the woman:: "Miss Andro, good to meet you."
    20:41 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen:: "Three months ago there was nothing on this mountain side. Now there is a stone tower overlooking the entire valley area below it. It rose out of the ground and built itself in minutes."
    20:41 <~bynw> ::Miss Andro nods at Alderic::
    20:43  * Alianna nods to Myri Andro and raises an eyebrow at Lord Hagen.  "It built itself?"
    20:44 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen:: "It rose from the ground up. No scaffholdings or mundane construction."
    20:45 < Alianna> "Okay then."
    20:45 <~bynw> "Miss Andro watched it happen. And scouts have confirmed it. Very solid and very real."
    20:46 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen looks at Maydla:: "As an Anadari, you would be the best suited for the task. You can read the mind of Miss Andro and confirm what she saw"
    20:56 < Maydla> "I believe it would be best if she decided that for herself, as I am only half Anadari."
    20:58 <~bynw> "Miss Andro has come to share that information with you. Otherwise she would not be here at all." ::Lord Hagen says::
    21:01  * Maydla gently reaches for Miss Andro's hand as she makes eye contact as well. "Show me what you saw, please..."
    21:02 < Maydla> !df 4
    21:02 <@ChanServ> Result:
  • [ ][ ]
    21:19  * Maydla gently squeezes Miss Andro's hand as she releases it and addresses the group at large. "She was out in the field picking flowers when the movement of the tower took her by surprise. It wasnt there, then it was just rising out of the ground. A 100 foot or more tall tower, black (obsidian), just rising and rising... A door appeared at the bottom, facing her. When this door opened,
    21:19  * Maydla thirty or so half-ton bear-like creatures come out, each being broad-shouldered, with beaks colored like dull ivory and arms more like wings of predatory birds... after these creatures appeared, she fled the field with all due haste.
    21:22 < Alderic> "Owlbears. A favorite pet of Chadwick."
    21:23 < Alianna> "I can't say as I blame her for getting the hell out of there."
    21:23 < Maydla> "Me either."
    21:27 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen:: "That is the location of Chadwick. His tower in Utha. Are you ready to head east?"
    21:27 <~bynw> !! correction head west
    21:29 < Alderic> "It's a bit of a walk."
    21:33 <~bynw> "We wouldn't be walking. I will also give you two men-at-arms as well. We will take the Imperial Gate here in South Wind to the Uthani Capital."
    21:38 < Alderic> ::Looks at Lord Hagen as if he just grew two heads:: "Men-at-Arms? Do they realize what they are getting into? Owlbears and insane plant men?"
    21:39 <~bynw> "Yes they know what they are getting into."
    21:41 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "Then when do we leave?" ::looks about at the others::
    21:43 < Alianna> "In the morning?  You might need to sleep off that honey ale."
    21:44  * Maydla smile slightly.
    21:44 < Maydla> smiles*
    21:45 <~bynw> ::Lord Hagen:: "Then I shall meet you at the Gateway in the morning then."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member