19:35 <~bynw> |         
19:35 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:35 <~bynw> | Alderic, Alianna, as well as the Anadari
19:35 <~bynw> | apprentice Maydla have regrouped far to the
19:35 <~bynw> | south in the rebuilt Imperial Capital of
19:35 <~bynw> | South Wind. They have prepaired and waited for
19:35 <~bynw> | nearly a month since the changes that took
19:35 <~bynw> | place in the Anadari Council.
19:35 <~bynw> | A month to gather resources, to have agents
19:35 <~bynw> | scout out the area in Utha, several 1000 miles
19:35 <~bynw> | to the west, where Chadwick has taken root in
19:35 <~bynw> | his new home.
19:35 <~bynw> | To avoid being detected to early. The trio will
19:35 <~bynw> | go in alone. Although there will always be
19:35 <~bynw> | additional Anadari Knights and Spectral
19:35 <~bynw> | Magicians standing by to assist them.
19:35 <~bynw> | The surviving Anadari Order has refocused their
19:35 <~bynw> | war against the plague. Concentrating on the
19:35 <~bynw> | Portals they close and guard any that are
19:35 <~bynw> | clear of infection. Though they still attempt
19:35 <~bynw> | to remove the infection when it is found in a
19:35 <~bynw> | Portal or person.
19:35 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:42 <~bynw> *the morning dawns over the Imperial capital of South Wind. Always a city in motion day and night. The smell of the bay washes in through the open windows on a late summer morning breeze. a beautiful day is beginning*
19:42  * Alianna takes a deep breath of the sea breeze.
19:43 < Alderic> ::wrinkles his nose at the salt air::
19:44  * Alianna smiles.
19:49 < Alderic> "Maybe I could create a ship that floats above the water. What would you think of that?"
19:52 < Alianna> "How would you sail her if she didn't touch water?"
19:57 < Alderic> ::Looks up in contemplation for a moment:: "magic. Or a sail mounted in the front that adjustable?"
19:58  * Alianna laughs.  "You leave the sailing to me, how about?"
19:59 <~bynw> ::there is a knock at the door to their common room of their suite::
19:59 < Alderic> ::purses his lips in a fashion that just screams, 'if you say so'"
19:59  * Alianna looks to the door.
20:05 < Alderic> ::Opens the door:: "Hello?"
20:07 <~bynw> *a man stands there in the livery of some unknown lord. he looks around and in an accented Cana* "Lord Alderic?"
20:09 -!- Sarah [Mibbit@2B12AA.E818B3.98B5EE.104E91] has joined #teara-adan
20:13 -!- Sarah is now known as Maydla
20:15 <~bynw> ::man at the door:: "This is his suite. And you fit the description." ::he reaches into his tunic and produces a folded and sealed scroll:: "This is for you ..." ::he hands it across::
20:15 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow:: "You have many men with yellow slitted eyes staying here? Sorry, yes."
20:16 < Alderic> ::Takes the letter skeptically:: "Who sent you?" ::looks to see a seal on the letter::
20:16 < Alianna> "Is the seal familiar?"
20:19 <~bynw> ::man at the door:: "I was sent by my lord Hagen. Who in turn is working with others you are acquainted with ... and there are very few Haldren here today."
20:23 < Alderic> ::again looks sceptically at the messenger:: "Very few..." ::waves it off, speaks to Alianna:: "Yes it's my father's order's seal."
20:23 < Alderic> ::Opens it and reads it::
20:24  * Alianna waits for Alderic to read the missive.
20:30 < Alderic> ::nods and tosses the letter into the fire:: "My family wont be able to join us. Lord Hagen will take their place in supporting us if needed."
20:31 < Alianna> "Okay.  Do you trust this Lord Hagen?"
20:31 <~bynw> ::man at the door:: "Is there anything you require? Lord Hagen will see to it. Otherwise we will leave at sunset tonight"
20:32  * Alianna looks to Alderic.  "Is there anything we need that we don't have?"
20:32 <~bynw> ::man at the door:: "Unless you wish to leave sooner of course"
20:34 < Alderic> "I need a deryni scout that has been near the Matrix to share his memories with me of the area."
20:34  * Alianna laughs awkwardly.  "That would be helpful, yes."
20:36 <~bynw> ::man at the door:: "I will return in a few hours then with your request sir" ::he says and then turning to leave back down the hall::
20:37 < Alianna> "Wow.  Do you think he's really going to come up with a Deryni scout who's seen the area around the Matrix?"
20:37 < Alderic> ::closes the door for privacy, then casts a simple protection ward for ease dropping::
20:39 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "I don't know the man. But if he's properly scouted the area it will suggest some compentency. If not..." ::shrugs again slowly::
20:40 < Alianna> "Okay.  So we wait."
20:42 < Alderic> ::waves his finger at Alianna slowly:: "tsk, tsk. I hear they have a local brew ale downstairs that is actually very good."
20:42 < Alianna> "All right.  We wait with good ale."  She laughs.
20:46 < Alderic> ::drops the wards as he opens the door:: "Though I'm not picky really." ::smiles as he heads downstairs for a honey-ale::
20:48  * Alianna goes and knocks on the door to Maydla's room.  "Hey, Maydla, we're going down to the tap room for some ale.  Want to come with?"
20:48 <~bynw> *the common room of the inn is one of the finest in South Wind. This place of course is no dump on the edge of town. One only stays here if one has plenty of hard coin*
20:49 < Maydla> "I'll join you, Yes."
20:50  * Maydla closes her door and follows Alianna.
20:50 < Alianna> "Good."  She heads down the staircase to the very nice common room.
20:54 < Alderic> ::Follows the ladies to the common room:: "I'll buy."
20:54 < Alianna> "Thanks!"
20:54 < Maydla> "thanks!"
20:54 <~bynw> *the common room of the inn is filled with comfortable chairs and sofas. low tables for the sitting enjoyment of the guests. there is a fireplace but usually only lit at night due to the warm temp of the day. although magic in the room keeps it confortable for all*
20:55 <~bynw> *there is a bar with a staffed barkeep who makes sure everyone gets what they want*
20:58  * Alianna goes up to the bar, presumably with Alderic and Maydla following, and orders a mug of ale.
20:59  * Maydla settles on a stool beside Alianna and orders the same.
21:00 <~bynw> *the common room is used by the guests of the inn to meet with others over drinks and it isn't full at all. there are a few others here this morning though*
21:00 < Alderic> ::to the bartender:: "Please start me a tab and put everything those two ladies would like on it and I would like a honey-ale. Thank you." ::drops a gold on the bar::
21:01  * Alianna raises her eyebrows as the barkeep brings her the requested ale.
21:03 <~bynw> *the barkeep is friendly but not overly so and keeps his conversations with the guests short and polite*
21:04 < Alderic> ::To the bartender:: "Do you have a reading room, or a private room for guest? Perhaps even an patio area outside?"
21:05 <~bynw> *the barkeep hands across a heavy key* "there are several private meeting rooms just down that hall."
21:06 < Alderic> ::nods thanks again and drops another gold on the bar::
21:07 < Alderic> "My Ladies, I can't ward our conversations out here easily. Perhaps we could discuss tomorrow? Atleast until the bard wakes up and joins the common room."
21:08  * Alianna takes a sip of ale, noting that it is in fact very good ale.  "Sure.  We can go find a meeting room for a while."
21:09  * Maydla "Not a problem."
21:13 < Alderic> ::Takes his ale and finds is way to one of the nicer sitting rooms in the back, noting the comfortable chairs and ample supply of books he takes a seat and picks one up::
21:13  * Alianna follows Alderic to the sitting room, ale in hand.
21:14  * Maydla follows Alianna and Alderic both and settles into a very comfortable looking chair across from Alderic.
21:14  * Alianna sits down in a cushy chair and relaxes.
21:16 < Alderic> ::Reluctantly puts the book down, gently and with a sigh:: "Who would have guessed this adventuring would cut so deeply into my reading time."
21:17 < Maydla> "I'm inclined to agree with you."
21:17 < Alianna> "I could have told you that.  I only get time to read when I'm in port, and sometimes not even then."
21:23 <~bynw> *time passes quickly in the serenity of the sitting room and the appointed hour draws near*
21:24  * Maydla sits her drink on the end table then slowly stands up and stretches.
21:25 < Maydla> sets*
21:25  * Alianna sips off the last of her mug of ale and also stretches.
21:26 < Alderic> ::Yawns and drains the last of a steady line of honey-ale's::
21:29 < Alderic> "Where is that scout?"
21:30 < Alderic> "Perhaps we should go find this Lord Hagen?"
21:31  * Maydla raises an eyebrow.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member