19:21 <~bynw> out.
19:21 <~bynw> .
19:21 <~bynw> The commonroom was full. The inn is
19:21 <~bynw> full as well. And drinks and food
19:21 <~bynw> flowed. The innkeeper was very
19:21 <~bynw> impressed. The bard was paid from the
19:21 <~bynw> locked strongbox. And the innkeeper
19:21 <~bynw> shared some of the profits with the
19:21 <~bynw> man who came up with the idea.
19:21 <~bynw> A take of roughly 300 gold coins. Not
19:21 <~bynw> everyone was happy at the outcome of
19:21 <~bynw> the party at the end of the night.
19:21 <~bynw> Penlas was most upset and restated his
19:21 <~bynw> concern for everyone to keep a low
19:21 <~bynw> profile and not attract attention.
19:21 <~bynw> But attention has been flaunted due to
19:21 <~bynw> the party at the inn. Before going to
19:21 <~bynw> sleep, Penlas strongly advises the pair
19:21 <~bynw> to keep indoors for the next 2 days.
19:24 <~bynw> *silence has come to the inn in the early morning hours after the party goers have acquired rooms or moved on to other parties. peacefull at last*
19:25  * Alianna goes up to bed, slightly drunk, but not so drunk that she doesn't lock the door and put a dagger under her pillow.
19:29 < Alderic> ::Sleeps soundly in his room, a protection spell barring movement into the room natural or otherwise. Very drunk::
19:32 <~bynw> *there is a loud pounding on the suite that shares the rooms of Alderic, Alianna and Penlas. Relentless pounding as the light of the day shines outside of the rooms.*
19:33  * Alianna wakes up abruptly, briefly disoriented.  "What the hell?"
19:34 < Alderic> ::His red eyes open blinking rapidly trying to clear his fogged mind::
19:34 <~bynw> *bang.bang.bang. again on the outer door of suite of rooms*
19:35 < Alderic> ::Lifts himself from the bed and stumbles to the window and peers out while staying hidden::
19:37 <~bynw> *bang.bang.bang. again on the outer door of suite of rooms*
19:37  * Alianna gets out of bed and pulls on breeches, dagger in hand.
19:38 < Alderic> ::While watching out the window:: "We've got trouble."
19:39 < Alianna> "Oh shit!"
19:39 <~bynw> *bang.bang.bang. again on the outer door of suite of rooms*
19:41 <~bynw> *a muffled voice calls from the outer door* "Open up!"
19:41 < Alderic> ::Whispers:: "City Watch."
19:42 < Alderic> ::Whispers some arcane words, his left hand gesturing while his right holds the curtain open and he peeks out::
19:43 <~bynw> *the banging stops as someone tries the handle of the door. useless with the bolt shut above it. even with a key the bolt will stop most intruders without power*
19:44 < Alderic> !df 4
19:44 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)(+)
19:48 <~bynw> *bang.bang.bang. again on the outer door of suite of rooms*
19:48 < Alianna> "What the hell do they want?  And where is Penlas?"
19:48 < Alderic> ::His eyes glow a dark green for a moment and green etheric tendrils extend a few inches a few inches outward and towards the guards on the ground::
19:50 < Alderic> ::whispers:: "It's a shake down."
19:50 <~bynw> *even from your rooms you hear the unmistakable sound of the bolt being tossed back and the outer doors to the suite opening* "Search the rooms" *a voice says in the outer room*
19:51  * Alianna whispers, "Shit shit shit."
19:52 <~bynw> *a door opens* "This one is empty"
19:52 <~bynw> *out side of Alderic's door* "This one is warded by magic."
19:52 < Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "Time to leave my dear."
19:52 < Alianna> "Where are we going?"
19:53 < Alianna> "And how?"
19:53 < Alderic> ::His eyes stop glowing, and again he starts chanting and moving his hands in elaborate movements::
19:53 <~bynw> "This is the watch. Come out, we have some distressing reports that need cleared up."
19:54 <~bynw> *the voice calls from outside of Alderic's door*
19:56 < Alderic> !df 4
19:56 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(-)
19:57 < Alderic> ::Goes to the window peeking out, again he chants and moves his left hand. His eyes squint in pain from his hangover::
20:01 <~bynw> *voice* "Open up and come out. I can have a dispeller here in a few minutes if I am forced to do so ... it's just best to come out."
20:01 < Alderic> ::A small flash of light blinks into existence and then just as suddenly pops out::
20:01 < Alderic> "Damn." ::Looks to Alianna with concern::
20:01 < Alianna> "Shit.  Now what?"
20:04 < Alderic> "Out the window. It's not very classy, but well, there it is."
20:07 <~bynw> *voice, softer now* "Get me caster to remove this warding now."
20:07 < Alianna> "Shit.  Okay."
20:07  * Alianna gathers her belongings, straps them onto her body, and out the window she goes.
20:08 <~bynw> *your suite of rooms is on the 2nd level of the inn. there is no balacony or overhand to drop too. just the street below.*
20:08 < Alderic> ::Gathers his things, again peeks out the window. Whispers and gestures::
20:09  * Alianna drops out the window into a crouch on the street.
20:09 < Alderic> !df 4
20:09 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(-)
20:11 <~bynw> *one of the guards on the streets starts up a little jig out of bordem*
20:13  * Alianna straightens her body, feeling her knees crack as she stands up, and then waits for Alderic.
20:13 < Alderic> "Damn hangover. Best I can do. Let's go." ::Starts crawling out the window, lowering himself as best he can and dropping to the street while the other guards are watching one of their own doing a 'jig'::
20:14 < Alianna> !df 4
20:14 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)( )
20:14 < Alderic> !df 4
20:14 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )( )
20:15 <~bynw> !df 4
20:15 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(+)
20:16 <~bynw> *a few people are watching the watchman do a jig but paying attention to little else*
20:17 < Alderic> ::Walks quickly away from the inn, motioning Alianna to follow::
20:17  * Alianna follows quietly but quickly.
20:20 <~bynw> *its somewhere in the midmorning. the streets are beginning to pick up with more traffic as people head out of homes and inns and alleys to begin their days*
20:21 < Alderic> "That was exciting, though my throbbing head indicates it was poorly timed. I could use some medicinals and a cup of black bean tea. You?"
20:22 < Alderic> ::Smiles at Alianna::
20:23 < Alianna> "I didn't drink a lot last night, but I could go for refreshment, certainly."
20:23  * Alianna grins at Alderic.
20:26 <~bynw> *Sanctuary is full of twisting narrow streets and alleyways. It's a wonder everyone doesn't get lost. some are dead ends while many are not. buildings are crowded together everwhere sharing many common walls.*
20:28 < Alderic> ::Travels a few streets over from the inn and stops:: "Let's find Penlas before we someone tries to mug us, yes?"
20:28 <~bynw> *the smells of cooking come from one of the nearby buildings ... a small hole in the wall eatery by the sign on the door*
20:31 < Alderic> !df 4
20:31 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)( )( )
20:32 <~bynw> *bacon. potatoes. black bean tea. eggs. the smells of breakfast whaff from the small eatery*
20:33 < Alderic> ::Reaches into his bag and pulls a small cheap compass from it. He then waves his hand over it and says a word of power::
20:38 < Alderic> ::Inhales deeply:: "I'm sure you we can spare enough time for something to eat, yes?"
20:39 < Alderic> ::Ducks into the shop and orders some food and black bean tea::
20:40  * Alianna orders some food and some herbal tea.
20:40 <~bynw> *the eatery is small, cozy with mostly booths holding 2-4 patrons each.
20:43 <~bynw> *the food is served in a short time, with the kitchen actually visible to those dinning. its fair, the black bean tea is fanstastic. the herbal tea .. not so much*
20:46  * Alianna makes a face at the herbal tea.  "Yuk."
20:49 < Alderic> ::Sips his black bean tea appreciatively:: "I thought Pira...." ::looks about and lowers his voice:: "Someone in you profession drank grog or something for breakfast? Tea just seems...not to offend, dainty."
20:50  * Alianna laughs.  "There was enough booze last night."
20:56 < Alderic> ::smiles:: "It was a good night. Exciting morning. Good food. Good company..." ::toasts Alianna with his cup:: "I can't wait to see what the afternoon goes."
20:57  * Alianna laughs again.  "Exciting is a good word for it."
20:57 <~bynw> *the eatery does seem to be well liked by its patrons. tables are filled as quickly as they are emptied*
20:58 < Alderic> ::Keeps an eye out for anyone taking too much notice of him::
20:58  * Alianna keeps her eyes open as well.
21:00 < Alderic> ::Finishes up his meal and tea and takes the compass out of his pocket::
21:00 <~bynw> *the patrons seem to be keeping to themselves and their meals. a server checks on your table periodically while you eat and chat. offering to refill the drinks or get more food*
21:00  * Alianna switches to watered wine because the herbal tea is not so great.
21:05 < Alderic> "Our associate is traveling at speed, away from us."
21:05 < Alianna> "What the hell?"
21:06 < Alderic> ::Indicates the compass and drops a few coins on the table to cover the breakfast::
21:06 < Alderic> "We may want to get going."
21:06 < Alianna> "Oh.  Gotcha."
21:07  * Alianna throws a couple small coins for a tip on the table.
21:10 <~bynw> *your former table is quickly cleaned and taken by another set of patrons who were waiting for a table*
21:12 < Alderic> ::Holding the compass he starts walking::
21:13 <~bynw> *the streets are now full of people walking, riding and carriages of all sorts. a busy day in a busy city*
21:14  * Alianna follows Alderic.
21:15 < Alderic> ::Keeps one hand on the compass, one on his bag::
21:17 < Alderic> !df 4
21:17 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(-)(-)
21:21 <~bynw> *its a bad day. chasing the moving Penlas around Sancturay. Nearly 4 hours later ... you haven't found him yet ...
21:24 <~bynw> *midday in Sanctuary is no different. crowded roads and streets. street venders. and all sorts of "illegal" actions taking place
21:25  * Alianna sighs.  "Shall we stop for lunch?  We're not finding him the way we're going on right now, anyway."
21:26 < Alderic> ::Smiles:: "That sounds like a fabulous idea. Let's find find somewhere close."
21:26 <~bynw> *several steet vendors are selling food and drink*
21:31 < Alderic> ::Finds someplace close to sit and eat puts some coins down on the table::
21:32  * Alianna selects some food and cool wine.
21:34 < Alderic> ::Checks his compass:: "We have just enough time to enjoy a bite before Penlas gets here."
21:34  * Alianna shakes her head and laughs.
21:35 <~bynw> *as you finish your meal. you hear Penlas's voice call out .. " Alderic .. "
21:35  * Alianna turns in the direction of Penlas' voice.
21:36 <~bynw> *he is leaning his head out of the door of a carriage.* "Let's go. Grab Alianna ... "
21:36  * Alianna mutters, "What the shit?"
21:38 <~bynw> *the driver of the carriage sits atop it without so much as blinking an eye holding the horse's reins while the carriage waits*
21:40 < Alderic> ::Slips the compass back into his bag:: "Right on time. Shall we my lady?"
21:42 <~bynw> *Penlas opens the door for the 2* "Get in...."
21:42 <~bynw> *he says while looking around*
21:45 < Alderic> ::Helps Alianna into the carriage::
21:45 < Alderic> ::Jumps in after her::
21:46 < Alderic> "I thought you paid the local thieves guild off at the inn?" ::he blurts out to Penlas::
21:48  * Alianna gets into the carriage and sits down on one of the seats.
21:50 <~bynw> *once everyone is in the carriage, Penals signals to the driver speaking in the Elven dialect again*
21:51 <~bynw> *to his companions* "I did. But they seemed to have taken interest in your party. And decided to void the agreement."
21:51 < Alianna> "Oh, splendid."
21:53 <~bynw> "They will forget about us and your party eventually. But right now we need to get a way for a bit." *he says as the carriage winds its way through the streets*
21:53 < Alianna> "Well, hell, we're only going to be here for another day and a half, right?"
21:54 <~bynw> *He looks at Alianna* "Afraid not now. We are leaving." *he says as even now the smell of the sea is starting to drift closer as they ride through the streets*
21:54 < Alianna> "What the shit?"
21:56 < Alderic> ::Raises an eybrow at Penlas::
21:58 <~bynw> *the carriage stops* "Looks like we are here" *Penlas says as he opens the door and steps out*
21:58 < Alderic> "If your worried about the thieves guild I'm sure if a few of the members woke missing their skin they would rethink our offer."
21:59  * Alianna laughs, a short, harsh bark of a laugh.
21:59 < Alderic> ::Looks at Alianna:: "I wasn't joking."
22:00  * Alianna smirks.  "I didn't think you were."
22:00 <~bynw> *Penlas* "You can come back for that kind of entertainment later if you like. But right now we need to be on our way."
22:01 < Alderic> "What is the rush and where are you taking us Penlas?"
22:02 < Alderic> ::Steps from the Carriage, and offers Alianna a hand down::
22:03  * Alianna takes Alderic's hand and hops down out of the carriage, looking around as she steps down.
22:03 <~bynw> *Penlas* "There is a little matter of a meeting to attend to that has urgently came up during our course of business." *he says while standing next to the carriage waiting for you. behind him is the Imperial Gate*
22:04 < Alianna> "What meeting?  With whom?"
22:05 <~bynw> "Our contractor has seen fit to move operations elsewhere. His shop was closed and picked clean. But he left a message behind."
22:05  * Alianna nods, taking it in.  "So where the hell are we going?"
22:06 <~bynw> *he says already making his way towards the Gate and the elven caretakers who run it. handing over some coins for himself and his companions. The requested destination is South Wind*
22:07  * Alianna nods again.
22:08 <~bynw> *he gestures towards the now forming vortex of the Gateway* "our destiny awaits*
22:08 < Alianna> "Destiny?"
22:09 <~bynw> *Penlas gives her a look* "I'm elvish ... poetry you know ..."
22:09  * Alianna laughs again, another short, harsh crack.
22:10 < Alderic> ::Smirks, then walks through the portal::
22:10  * Alianna follows Alderic through the Gate.
22:10 <~bynw> *Penlas follows*
22:11 <~bynw> *on the otherside of the Gateway. Things are not right at all.*
22:11  * Alianna looks around.
22:11 < Alderic> ::Looks about as well::
22:11 <~bynw> *South Wind is near tropical. Here it is barely in the 50's. The sky is overcast and grey. With a bit of cold rain*
22:12 < Alianna> "This isn't South Wind.  Is it?"
22:13 <~bynw> *the vortex closes behind the two travellers as the wind picks up a chilling them to the bone*
22:13  * Alianna shivers in her lightweight linen shirt, wishing like hell she had a jacket or cloak in this sort of weather.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member