19:30 <~bynw> from the artificer's shop the trio
19:30 <~bynw> have acquired rooms at an inn. And
19:30 <~bynw> have paid off the block's theives
19:30 <~bynw> guild so they are not harrassed
19:30 <~bynw> during their stay.
19:30 <~bynw> .
19:30 <~bynw> Alianna is taking in the sites of
19:30 <~bynw> Sanctuary while Alderic is taking up
19:30 <~bynw> some time to research ancient tomes.
19:30 <~bynw> .
19:30 <~bynw> Penlas has gone out himself as well.
19:32 <~bynw> *morning gives way to the afternoon, and traffic picks up some in the inn's common room as Alianna watches
19:33 <~bynw> *some coming in for a quick meal before continuing their day. while others, obviously travellers, seeking lodgings
19:36 <~bynw> *the street venders outside of the inn are in full swing during the midday rush
19:36  * Alianna keeps a careful eye on everything going on as much as possible.
19:37  * Alianna buys a simple but nice sword belt from the street vendor.
19:38 <~bynw> *the venders that line the streets are selling everything. clothing, food, wine, ale, and other goods exchange hands. some for coin others for barter
19:40  * Alianna takes the new sword belt and moves into the shade of the vendor's tent.  Here, she changes into the new belt and sells the old one to the vendor to be used for scrap.
19:40 <~bynw> *even a multitude of languages can be heard by the venders and those buying ...
19:46 <~bynw> *meanwhile at the temple library, the priest has brought Alderic a stack of books to add to the original book. only 1 of these books is an actual "how-to" on creating psionic items, but nothing in the scope of a Matrix like Kirsh
19:48 <~bynw> *one of the books in the stack is writen by a "Baliff Anlarye" it is a collection of poetry and tales
19:50 < Alderic> ::Sighs:: "Thank you, I was actually looking for something on the history that lead to the fall of Kirsh. Something that might explain why the Matrix went mad. Are you the de facto authority here on the library's contents?" ::Picks up the book of poems and leafs through it while talking, skimming it for anything interesting::
19:55 <~bynw> *priest* "pretty much yes. the monsignor rarely pays any attention to the library. i'm affraid we don't have any books on Kirsh in that light."
19:58 < Alderic> "Why is that?"
19:59 <~bynw> "the Monsignor is more interested in saving the souls of the lost outside of the temple district, but that is his duty after all." *the priest says*
20:01 < Alderic> ::Smiles:: "No, no. I mean why are there no books on that period. It's rather important as it shaped modern day Kirsh, yet you have nothing on it?"
20:04 <~bynw> "Oh" *he says with a smile* "Many simply believe it was the wrath of God that destroyed Kirsh and in the process made its Matrix unstable. But that is hardly "recent" history. That was centuries ago, just before the great wars. If anything was ever written about it. Maybe its lost to do that dark period."
20:13 < Alderic> "Unfortunate. And coincidental. But who can say for sure."
20:14 <~bynw> "Ours is a small library. Maybe more might be available to you at Morhan's Academy or elsewhere." *the priest suggests*
20:16 < Alderic> "I'm sorry, Morhan's? I thought this was the most extensive library around. What and where is Morhan's?"
20:18 <~bynw> "Morhan's Academy is a university city on the lower island, it sits on the shores of Amber Lake. Sanctuary is here on the upper island." *he sketchs a quick map showing 2 large islands on top of one another. noting where Sanctuary is located and where the academy is located*
20:22 <~bynw> "You would have to go there by boat now or magical teleporation. Since the Portals are closed. And Morhan'
20:22 < Alderic> "Is the academy part of Sanctuary? The same laws and such?"
20:22 <~bynw> s Academy doesn't have an Imperial Gate."
20:23 <~bynw> "Oh heaven's no." *he exclaims* "It's only part of the Crystal Islands. Only Sanctuary is 'lawless'. The city walls here are to keep people IN not out."
20:26 <~bynw> "If you attempted to pass through the western city gates of Sanctuary without official crown documents, you would get yourself killed. Only through the east at the harbor and Imperial Gate is exiting the city unrestricted."
20:27 < Alderic> ::Chuckles:: "Thank you, you've been helpful brother."
20:27 <~bynw> *the priest smiles* "Glad to be of service to you."
20:31 < Alderic> ::Gets up and exits the library, back to tavern they are staying at::
20:31  * Alianna sees Alderic on the street and returns to the common room of the tavern.
20:32 < Alderic> ::Heads to the bar and motions the bartender over::
20:33 <~bynw> *the barkeep comes over*
20:36 < Alderic> ::Drops a gold piece on the bar:: "Something tasty to drink and another one of those for you if you can get a decent bard here by tonight. He can drink on my tab."
20:39 < Alderic> "What do I have to do to pack this place with people and fun bartender?"
20:43 <~bynw> *the barkeep pockets the coin* "I'm sure I can find a decent bard for tonight sir" *he says while he pours you a drink into a tall mug*
20:45 < Alderic> "And whatever she wants to drink as well please." ::points to Alianna::
20:46 <~bynw> *the barkeep gets whatever the lady wants*
20:46  * Alianna orders another watered wine.
20:48 < Alderic> "It's hard to settle for a typical library when you've grown up in the library at Torr. You find what you wanted?"
20:50 < Alianna> "I wasn't really looking for anything specific, but I did find a nice new sword belt, which I did need."
20:51 <~bynw> *Penlas comes into the commonroom and see's his two companions at the bar* "Are you two enjoying the fruits of the city?"
20:52 < Alianna> "Certainly."
20:54 < Alderic> ::Takes a drink:: "Not really. The library is small and the legendary debauchery isn't living up to it's....well legend."
20:56 <~bynw> *Penlas* "Well we haven't been robbed. But that's because I paid the protection fee to the local guild."
20:56 < Alianna> "Well, I won't complain."
20:57 < Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "Where did you go Penlas?"
20:58 <~bynw> *Penlas* "It helps to know how the system works" *he says taking a drink* "Just checking on a few contacts."
21:02 <~bynw> "And given our how close we are to the temple district here, things are always a bit calmer. The Monsignor's soldiers are known to stray into ajoining blocks. If you want debauchery ... goto the docks." *Penlas says* "Get plenty of it there. Its full of criminals, and those are just the harbor masters and their dock hands."
21:03  * Alianna snorts with laughter, glad she wasn't taking a sip of wine at just that moment.
21:05 < Alderic> "It's going to be a long three days."
21:05 < Alianna> "Two now.  We've killed one day."
21:06 < Alderic> "Half a day."
21:11 <~bynw> *the barkeep comes back over* "I have a bard lined up. He'll play for 20 gold tonight, plus a room.... and when word gets out that he is playing here ... it will fill the common room."
21:14 < Alderic> "Done."
21:15 < Alderic> ::Looks to Penlas:: "How am I doing on the system so far?"
21:17 <~bynw> *Penlas smirks* "Well you can pay for entertainment"
21:18 < Alderic> "Upfront? On a Promise? Not traditional to wait till the end or something? To avoid scams and such?"
21:20 <~bynw> *the barkeep asks for the 20 gold while pulling up a strongbox*
21:23 < Alderic> ::Sighs and drops 20 gold on the bar::
21:24 <~bynw> *he opens the box and puts the 20 gold inside of it. closes the box, locks it and puts the box back under the bar. then hands Alderic a key*
21:24 <~bynw> "it takes 2 keys to open"
21:27 < Alderic> ::Smiles:: "Excellent! A pleasure."
21:30 <~bynw> *that night the bard comes to the common room, and as the barkeep predicted, the place is a packed house. lots of drink and food. everyone enjoying the music and playing card games, dice games, some darts and other games.
21:31  * Alianna watches the darts players a little nervously, not happy about the combination of strong drink and a bunch of sharp pointy things.
21:33 <~bynw> *and people bet on everything, ever game has someone wagering on the outcome*
21:34 < Alderic> ::Mingles with the crowd, gaming, dicing, wenching, and drinking::
21:35  * Alianna sips her wine and listens to the bard.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member