session 25

Started by Bynw, 11 December 2012, 22:36:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

19:25 <~bynw> ***************************************
19:25 <~bynw> ******         Previously        ******
19:25 <~bynw> Following Ri'am the group takes immediant
19:25 <~bynw> shelter in the ruins surrounding the river.
19:25 <~bynw> A smuggler's hide away. The native occupants
19:25 <~bynw> are most displeased with the trio and their
19:25 <~bynw> injured guest. They are demanding that the
19:25 <~bynw> trio leave after discovering who the identity
19:25 <~bynw> of the injured man. As an escaped prisoner
19:25 <~bynw> of the Emir, he will be hunted down. And
19:25 <~bynw> all who aid or shelter him will be executed
19:25 <~bynw> for treason. He cannot stay.
19:25 <~bynw> .
19:25 <~bynw> And given that 5 members of the Emir's
19:25 <~bynw> household guards were killed by the trio
19:25 <~bynw> as well. This will bring down the Emir's
19:25 <~bynw> wrath even further. The smugglers are wary
19:25 <~bynw> of the 3 that have brought this darkness
19:25 <~bynw> on them. As one or more of the three is
19:25 <~bynw> capable of sorcery as well. A practice which
19:25 <~bynw> is outlawed by the Mohadine. This will
19:25 <~bynw> make matters worse for everyone in the city.
19:25 <~bynw> Another witch is present and loose.
19:25 <~bynw> Disguising this man is nearly impossible with
19:25 <~bynw> his shaved head and face. It will attract
19:25 <~bynw> attention of all who witness him. A mark of
19:25 <~bynw> a criminal condemned to death for his crimes.
19:25 <~bynw> The evening is warm and young. As darkness
19:25 <~bynw> covers the city, the watch will be joined
19:25 <~bynw> to hunt for the missing prisoner and those
19:25 <~bynw> who helped him to escape. And most puzzling
19:25 <~bynw> of all, the witch called Mirina by name
19:25 <~bynw> before he passed out.
19:28 < Mirina> "Okay, we need to get him under cover and fast so that I can heal him."
19:29 <~bynw> ::the smugglers look on as the trio talk about what to do, they are very nervous:: "Do so quickly! And then get out."
19:29 < Riam> ??How many people are here besides our group??
19:31 <~bynw> ::the 4 smugglers sit back and talk amongst themselves, a bit too fast for most non-native speakers of the Mohadine tongue::
19:34 < Riam> ::Looks to Mirina:: "Can you get him up and able to move, quickly?"
19:37 < Mirina> "I can sure try."
19:37 < Riam> "Please do. Our lives may rest in your abilities."
19:39 < Riam> ::Turns to the Smugglers:: "Ah. We have been most poor guests. I am sorry. Please let me share a gift with you."
19:40 <~bynw> ::the smugglers look over at Ri'am and seem to recompose themselves. honoring his offer of a gift::
19:40  * Mirina settles down beside the injured man and begins to go into Healing trance.
19:41  * Mirina then sets her hands on the injured man's body.
19:41 < Mirina> !df 4
19:41 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(-)
19:41 < Riam> "We intrude. I know. We have no where to go, but we will go and soon. But please share with me. Let me warm your bones this night." ::Produces a wine bottle from his bag and a few cheap glasses::
19:41 < Mirina> !df 4
19:41 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)( )(-)
19:42 < Riam> ::He hands out the glasses and pours some wine into each, including one for himself::
19:42 < Mirina> !df 4
19:42 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)( )
19:43 -!- Luc (~androirc@OWIRCN-09569072.sub-70-198-9.myvzw.com) has quit (Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
19:44 -!- ambush (ambush@OWIRCN-b2150dfe.client.mchsi.com) has joined #teara-adan
19:44 -!- ambush is now known as Luc
19:45 <~bynw> ::the smugglers accept the offer of wine, having learned from foreigners of its great taste::
19:47 < Riam> ::Raises his glass in a toast:: "To the night! May it shield you all your days and keep you safe my friends." ::He drains his glass with exuberance::
19:48  * Mirina draws back swiftly from the injured man.  "Shit!"  she hisses, fortunately in Adanian.
19:49 <~bynw> ::the smugglers file suit smiling with Ri'am. But with Mirina's reaction they jump back a bit and reach for their blades::
19:49 < Mirina> "We're going to have to find a longer term hiding place," she begins in Mohadine.  "He's been given merasha.  If I try to heal him now, I'll only incapacitate myself as well."
19:50 < Luc> "Shit. Shit shit shit. Let me think."
19:50 < Mirina> "There's no antidote for merasha, either.  It just has to work its way out of his system before I'll be able to really heal him."
19:50 <~bynw> ::the witche's eyes flicker open, bloodshot ... in Cana he mutters:: "kill m.."
19:51 <~bynw> ::his hand reaches up for Mirina::
19:51  * Mirina looks down at the injured "witch."
19:52 < Riam> ::Pours himself another glass of wine, while talking:: "You ARE jumpy my friends. She is excitable, nothing more."
19:52 <~bynw> "ki..." ::he says closing his eyes. his hand dropping::
19:53 <~bynw> ::smuggler:: "We must be careful. The Emir's men will come looking for your friend. Hurry and go. We have no wish to hang with you."
19:53 < Riam> ::To Mirina:: "Then we will have to move him soon, we cannot stay here."
19:53  * Mirina looks at the supposed witch in horror.  "You WANT to die?"
19:54 <~bynw> ::witch between labored breaths:: "n... must"
19:56 < Mirina> "What must happen?"
19:56 < Riam> ::Takes a sip of his wine, and watches the men::
19:57 <~bynw> ::witch:: "ki.." ::breathing hard and attempting to say awake:: "mer... not able ..."
19:58 <~bynw> ::the smugglers choke out a slight gurgle all at once and the four of them drop over::
19:58  * Mirina suddenly shushes the man.  "Never mind.  Don't try to talk.  You're too weak.  We've got to get to somewhere that we can give him time to recover from the merasha poisoning."
19:59 < Riam> ::Finishes his wine, unsurprised at the smugglers dropping::
19:59  * Mirina jumps.  "Wait, what just happened to those guys?"
19:59 < Riam> ::Begins searching about the room and just outside the room::
19:59 <~bynw> ::the witch grabs her arm she goes to shush and comfort him:: "kill me" ::he says spitting up blood::
20:00 <~bynw> !df 4
20:00 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(-)(+)
20:00  * Luc looks at Mirina. "Can you do nothing for him? At all?"
20:01  * Mirina looks at him, appalled.  "I can't even if I wanted to.  Just rest.  We'll let the merasha run its course and then I'll try healing you again."
20:01 < Mirina> ::to Luc::  "I can give him a sedative, but that'll knock him out completely.  If I touch him psychically again, I'll be out of commission too."
20:02 < Luc> "Would....say.....turning him to stone do anything to him, you think? Physiologically?"
20:02  * Mirina turns back to the injured man.  "Stop that!  You need rest, and I DON'T need merasha."
20:03  * Luc looks a question at Mirina
20:03 < Riam> ::Calls from just outside the room:: "Yosef, come help me get this boat in the water and our cargo on it."
20:04 <~bynw> "must die" ::he says:: "Emir will ..." ::exhusted he breaths harder::
20:05  * Luc sighs hard, and sits near the man, the "witch" and concentrates deeply.
20:05  * Mirina is becoming impatient.  "I said, rest."
20:06 <~bynw> "no" ::his mind is erratically and violently reaching out, unfocused however which is far more dangerous than a focused attack::
20:08  * Mirina reaches down to hold his pulse points in his throat to try to force unconsciousness.
20:08 < Riam> ::Comes back into the room. Now in Cana:: "Sedate that man and Load him in the smugglers boat outside. We are leaving before we are caught. Mirina Help me load him please. Mage you are useless."
20:08 <~bynw> ::witch:: "kill me you bastard"
20:08  * Mirina nods at Ri'am.
20:08 < Luc> "As are you, my friend." *waves a hand and chants quickly*
20:10 < Riam> ::Carefully takes the man under the shoulders, again in Cana:: "Grab his legs when you are ready Mirina."
20:11 <~bynw> !df 4
20:11 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)( )
20:11  * Luc watches and grins maliciously at Riam, then touch a finger to the "witch", just after saying strongly "Step away. Now."
20:12 < Luc> "His body will be stone in a moment. Too heavy to carry. Unless he was roughly the size of a small rock. Which he will be shortly."
20:26 <~bynw> ::the witch takes advantage of the physical contact between himself and Ri'am::
20:27 <~bynw> !df 4
20:27 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)( )(-)
20:28 < Riam> !df 4
20:28 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )(+)
20:31 < Riam> !df 4
20:31 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(+)(+)
20:35 <~bynw> ::the witch's body is touched by the arcane energies of the mage. but the man has a will that wont quit. as his body goes a bit more limp, but remains flesh::
20:38 < Riam> ::Staggers back and shakes his head letting go of the witch un-gently::
20:39 < Riam> ::In Cana:: "Dammit! Get out! No!"
20:39 <~bynw> ::witch laying on the dirt floor of the smuggler's den he curls up into a ball:: "can't ..." ::He breathes heavily:: "must"
20:40  * Luc points a single finger at the "witch" and says quietly, near his ear, in Cana:
20:41 < Luc> "Keep struggling my friend, and you become ashes on the ground."
20:41  * Luc points the finger at Mirina.
20:41 < Luc> "Or she does."
20:41  * Mirina looks at Luc, alarmed.
20:41  * Luc winks at Mirina
20:42 <~bynw> ::with bloodshot eyes he looks at Luc:: "Wine...." ::reaching for one of the glasses dropped by the smugglers::
20:42 < Riam> ::Shakes his head one last time, and focuses on Luc:: "That is exacty what he wants Mage. Leave it be. He wants to die."
20:43  * Luc hands it to the witch with his free hand, not looking away.
20:43 < Mirina> "Why did he call my name if he wants to die?  If he knows me or knows of me, he knows I'm not going to kill him.  I'm a Healer, for frak's sake."
20:43 < Riam> ::Slaps it out of his hand
20:43 < Riam> ::
20:44 < Riam> ::Pushes Luc, hard::
20:44  * Luc lets the wine drop.
20:44 < Luc> "Never mind. I see what you did to them. It'd kill him."
20:44 < Riam> ::In Cana:: "You FOOL!
20:45 < Riam> "Just stand over there and try not to kill anyone for gods sake!"
20:45 < Riam> "Mirana, sedate him now!"
20:45 <~bynw> ::witch:: "wonders Mirina wonders."
20:45 <~bynw> !! how close is Riam
20:45 < Riam> "He is trying to commit suicide. We need to move."
20:45 < Luc> "So you say, shapeshifter. I was trying to assist. You were trying to run. Let's sedate this man and get him into a diminuative size so we can leave."
20:46  * Mirina digs quickly in her satchel and comes up with a sedative, which she puts in water from her waterbag and feeds to the "witch."
20:46 < Riam> "The boat is outside waiting. Don't touch him until he is sedated."
20:47 < Riam> !!a few feet from the witch, closer to Luc!!
20:47 < Luc> "The boat won't be necessary if he is a trinket sized little stone man, will it?"
20:47 < Riam> !!Between Luc and the witch!!
20:47 <~bynw> ::as Mirina gathers her sedative and mixes it in water::
20:48 <~bynw> !df 4
20:48 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)(-)
20:50 < Riam> "But WE will. It's a smugglers boat and will get us out of the city and far away down river, quickly."
20:51 < Luc> "Do we have more business we need to accomplish here in town?"
20:51 <~bynw> ::the witch flicks his hand towards Ri'am and mentally yanks the knife from his belt::
20:52 < Riam> ::Reaches to grab his hand::
20:52 <~bynw> ::the knife flys across the few scant feet between them into the witches hand ::
20:56 < Riam> ::Speed like a striking snake, Riam crosses the distance and grabs the witchs hand holding his knife in less then the blink of an eye::
20:56 <~bynw> ::the witch lays there with Ri'am grabing his hand preventing him from doing anything with the blade::
20:56 < Riam> ::Tries to wrestle the knife from his hand:: "Sedate him god dammit!"
20:57 <~bynw> ::the witch is labored breathing:: "Trust ... Ri'am ... kill me. now."
20:58  * Mirina forces the sedative into the witch's mouth.
20:58 <~bynw> ::he spitting it out as Mirina goes to put it in:: "no"
20:59 < Mirina> ::sotto voce::  "How does this guy know our names?"
21:00  * Luc grabs the man's jaw. "Who am I?"
21:01 < Mirina> "Pinch his mouth open. I can't touch him too much because of the merasha, but if you can help me open his mouth, I can sedate him."
21:01 <~bynw> ::the sedative is having some effect on him, as he cannot spit it all out:: "Spectral ... Cottage.."
21:01 < Luc> "Wait....wait......The cottage........"
21:02 < Riam> ::Grabs the witches throat in a curious chokehold, using only two fingers and his thumb::
21:02 < Riam> ::His other hand holds the knife hand::
21:03 <~bynw> ::witch:: "cut it ... before th...co" ::his eyes are drooping close but he is fighting the affects of the sedative::
21:04 < Riam> ::He sneers down at the witch and squeezes a bit harder, obviously now very angry::
21:05 <~bynw> ::witch:: "kill me" ::he mutters again before loosing consciousness::
21:07  * Luc moves his hand and chants briefly, attempting the spell again.
21:09 < Riam> ::Let's go of the witch and takes back his knife, he glares at the other two and takes a step back::
21:09 <~bynw> ::the witch's body solidifies into a rock shape of his form::
21:09  * Luc grins at Riam
21:10  * Luc waves his hands back and forth, dropping small amounts of dust on the form, and chants several strange words, casting yet another spell.
21:11 <~bynw> ::the statue of the witch shrinks down to about a foot tall statuette of itself. easily moved and carried::
21:12 < Luc> "Grab him and let's get going." *walks out of the building to the boat*
21:12 < Riam> ::Stuffs him in his bag::
21:12 <~bynw> :: the sound of soldiers coming from the south can be heard in the distance::
21:13 < Luc> "Let's get going. Fast. I don't like flying. It makes me queasy. I'd rather take the river to avoid it."
21:15 < Riam> ::Runs for the boat, without a word and starts pushing it into the river to get it started moving::
21:21 <~bynw> ::everyone on board the small boat as they push off into the downstream current and heading out of the city ::

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member