Started by Bynw, 09 November 2012, 19:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:47 <~bynw> ***************************************
20:47 <~bynw> ******         Previously        ******
20:47 <~bynw> Consulting a few sources Ri'am has
20:47 <~bynw> discovered that the authorities are
20:47 <~bynw> holding a foreign spy in the city.
20:47 <~bynw> .
20:47 <~bynw> He is being held in a nearby temple that
20:47 <~bynw> will be closed to the public during
20:47 <~bynw> evening prayers. Then the prisoner will
20:47 <~bynw> be moved by wagon to the Capital.
20:47 <~bynw> .
20:47 <~bynw> It is claimed that the foreign spy is a
20:47 <~bynw> witch and will most likely be executed
20:47 <~bynw> upon reaching the Capital.
20:48 <~bynw> !! time is late afternoon
20:48 < Luc> !!!!How long until evening prayers?!!!!!
20:49 <~bynw> !! about 3 hours, at sunset
20:50 < Riam> ::Sits back drinking his wine:: "I have the route the witch will be moved as well."
20:51  * Luc looks at the other two, and moves in closer to them, whispering very quietly. "Whoever this foreign spy is, we could use the help inside this city. We need him not to die, especially if he/she is....shall we say, related? *looks at Riam* Any idea a way we could stop them? Without dying ourselves, of course."
20:54 < Riam> ::Shrugs:: "Ambush."
20:57 < Riam> "The caravan will be lite, so not to attract attention. They will pass over a bridge in the city. The bridge is out of the way and too far from the gate to get help easily."
20:58 < Riam> "If we can block them in on the bridge and send arrows and magic at them..."
20:59  * Mirina raises her eyebrows but offers no commentary as yet.
21:00 < Luc> "Would not some magic, mainly the kind that I am most skilled with, cause more attention to be drawn to the area than we would like?"
21:00 < Riam> "We need only scare the guards into jumping into the creek, then we ride away with the prisoner."
21:00 < Riam> "Illusons?"
21:01 < Riam> ((Er, illusions)
21:02 < Luc> "Possible. Let me think a moment......."
21:11 < Mirina> "How many guards are there likely to be?"
21:15 < Riam> "Five to a dozen, no one's sure."
21:16 < Riam> "And likely one or more will be magically inclined."
21:16 < Mirina> ::sotto voce:: "Shit.  Okay, that shoots that idea.  Too many guards for me to attempt to force sleep on them."
21:17 < Luc> "Lovely. *sighs heavily* I take it that means he'll be my responsibility?"
21:18 < Riam> "::Shrugs:: "Wouldn't be the first wizard I've dispatched...or the last."
21:29 < Riam> "Sleep them, eh...maybe not by yourself but it's a good start. How many can you take?"
21:30 < Luc> "I could most likely prevent them from escaping. And ward our escape on the way away from the bridge."
21:32 < Riam> "Might be better to ward the prisoner. If they think he might escape the might turn on him."
21:36 < Riam> ::Shrugs, moves in close, and lowers his voice:: "Why not just kill them."
21:36 < Mirina> "Whatever we do, if we succeed, we're going to put ourselves on somebody's shit list."
21:36 < Mirina> "I'm a Healer.  I try not to kill people."
21:41 < Riam> "I'm not." ::drinks his wine with a grin at Mirina::
21:42  * Mirina cuts Ri'am a sarcastic look but suppresses a smile.  "No kidding?"
21:42 < Riam> "If we can separate the bulk of the guards from the caravan, scare more off, I can pick off what's left."
21:43 < Luc> "Were you able to determine where in their formation the prisoner will be?"
21:46 <~bynw> !! an hour goes by with all the planning
21:46 < Riam> "On the wagon. I assume in the middle. One driver on the cart, one or more guards on the cart as well. My gold would be a magic user being one of those."
21:47 < Riam> "We're running out of time. We need to move or we wont have time to set ourselves up."
21:52 < Riam> ::Looks to luc:: "You've got to be kidding me, all that talk wizard and now the time comes to unleash those mighty powers you speak of and you come to the table with a look of puzzlement?"
21:54 < Riam> "Sink their feet into the stone, magic illusions to make them jump over the side and into the river, fireballs, webs, something!"
21:58 < Luc> "All of those, and more, sound nice, and fun, and magicky. And almost every one of them leaves evidence, or draws attention. unwanted attention. from a distance. Which we are wanting to avoid."
22:01 < Luc> "I have thought of an interesting, if non-conventional, method of rescue. I can create a passage in the floor of the bridge. Right as the prisoner passes overhead. And a wall of invisible force right after he passes down that passage."
22:02 < Riam> "I like it. I'll be under the bridge. We'll need some horses nearby to make away with."
22:03 < Mirina> "I should probably be ready to Heal the prisoner, if he's been tortured or anything."
22:05 < Luc> "I can render most of the enemy blind, if i have to. Though the area of magic that requires is.....disturbing."
22:09 < Luc> "I'll need to prepare several bags, small, easy bags of different things I need. It won't take long."
22:09 < Mirina> "Such as?"
22:10 < Luc> "Different components. Simple things. I have them back at the tent."
22:10  * Mirina nods.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member