News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Session 4

Started by Bynw, 29 December 2011, 21:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:14 <~bynw> ***
20:14 <~bynw> While watching the ships come to shore and the soldiers begin to stream into the city. The party has entered the bay waters to wash the filth of the sewer of them. A temporary solution due to the sea water being used instead of fresh water.
20:14 <~bynw> .
20:14 <~bynw> Mirina has lost most of the contents of her healer's satchel making it pretty much useless at this time. However, Ri'am did find a few things within it to make a leathal poison when combined.
20:14 <~bynw> .
20:14 <~bynw> Ri'am has changed his apparence, from a friar to that of a young woman and has moved from the sewer drainage area up the beach toward the docks and has gotten the attention of the soliders there. Ri'am has managed to kill one of them already.
20:14 <~bynw> ***
20:15 <~bynw> * Johannes looks in the direction that Ri'am went, his eyes squinting in the darknes *
20:15  * Mirina takes a deep breath and holds it, watching what Ri'am is doing.
20:17 <~bynw> *the distance and darkness really prevent the trio from truely seeing Ri'am's actions but they can be guessed at
20:19 < Riam> ::begins making sexually suggestive noises in the dead guard's voice from the darkness::
20:19 <~bynw> * the other guard moves towards the sound with purpose
20:20 <~bynw> * calling out ... maybe a name ?
20:21 < Luc> "My Lord Anlarye, should you be inclined to, it might be prudent to unsheath your weapon.......after we move into the shadows a little more. Should they run this way, it might give us the moment I will need to cast what spells I have."
20:21 < Riam> "Bah!" ::throws some sand out from the darkness, and then resumes the sound effects::
20:21  * Mirina draws her short sword.
20:21 <~bynw> *several other guards move towards the sounds being made
20:22  * Mirina remembers to breathe.
20:22 < Riam> ::Quickly undresses the dead guard and dons the clothes::
20:23 <~bynw> *Johannes* "You are even brave or foolish to utter that name in the darkness. It is too soon to ready any physical weapon"
20:24 < Riam> ::After donning the clothes, he changes his appearance to that of the dead guard and steps from the shadows with a smirk on his face::
20:24 < Luc> "Then prepare what you need, My Lord. My lady Healer, sheath your blade for now. Stay towards the back, but keep your hand near your blade, should they head our way." *steps deeper into the shadows*
20:26 <~bynw> *the first of the other, now half dozen guards, that reach Ri'am. he stands before his comrade in arms and then belts him square in the face*
20:29 <~bynw> *two others come rushing up and seize Ri'am's sword from it's scaboard while the first one grabs Ri'am's hands starts to bind them. all the while saying something to him in a low voice, repeating the same phrase over and over again*
20:30 < Riam> ::Pushes away from the guards and rushes back into the shadows::
20:30  * Mirina all but whispers, "Oh shit."
20:31 <~bynw> *Johannes* "it is some distance to the docks ... on foot, sticking to the shadows would take a quarter of an hour not to be noticed"
20:32 <~bynw> *one of Ri'am's hands is bound, but with the other free he could easily remove the ropes
20:32 <~bynw> *the guards give chase into the shadows
20:33 < Riam> !df4
20:33 < Riam> !df 4
20:33 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)( )(+)
20:33 <~bynw> *the stop as the darkness is a little too deep and start firing arrows into it instead ... vollies
20:34 <~bynw> !df 4
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)( )
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)( )
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(-)(+)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(-)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )(-)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(-)(-)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(+)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )(+)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )(+)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(+)(+)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)(+)
20:34 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(+)(+)
20:36 <~bynw> *the guards manage to get close to a dozen shots out into the darkness ... only 1 finds its mark
20:37 < Riam> ::Grunts in pain, and bites his tongue to quite himself.::
20:38 <~bynw> *they guards call out to him again, some ready their bows once more*
20:40 < Luc> *braces himself after seeing the shots fired into the dark, holding his arm out and whispering "Wait. If they fire again, he'll probably need the help. But I doubt they made much if any contact with him in the dark."
20:41 <~bynw> *Johannes* "It would luck if they hit him at all in the dark ... but we must not give ourselves away. They will kill us if we do."
20:42 < Luc> "The plan holds then. Unless we see them dragging his corpse out, or he is running towards us, stay put."
20:43 < Riam> !df 4
20:43 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)( )
20:45 <~bynw> *the guards fire into the dark again and move in carring torches as several others join them on the beach
20:48 <~bynw> *the guards call out in what can only be an alarm as several of them stop at a point that was concealed in the darkness ... but now with several torches present they can see what has happened
20:49 < Riam> ::long moments pass. then his voice comes from behind the group, within arms reach of Mirina:: "I seem to have botch that up a bit my lady. I maybe in need of your delicate touch::
20:51 <~bynw> *there is a lot of activity at the docks as the soldiers move around torches
20:51 < Riam> ::The exact match to the dead guard stands behind the group. He grips an arrow that is imbedded into his side. Blood seeps through his fingers and his face is strained and pale. He manages a smile::
20:51 < Mirina> "Oh for crying out loud."
20:51 < Luc> *startled* "Holy God, Father. At least you got out alive. Barely."
20:52 < Riam> "I've been in worse." ::smiles::
20:53 < Mirina> "You're just damn lucky we're semi-clean now.  Let's get somewhere that I can examine him."
20:53 < Riam> "I'm afraid I've strained myself to my limit. Please excuse me, but..."
20:54 <~bynw> *Johannes* "I think we should move. The guards appear to have found Ri'am's tracks and will be coming our way soon"
20:55 < Luc> "See what you can do about wiping the tracks up. Use a cloak or something. Trail it behind you. I'll assist in carrying him."
20:56 < Riam> ::Again his face runs like melted wax and his body contorts a bit seeming to pull into itself. The final result is a more slight build though hard with lean muscle. His face must have once been comely though a bit devilish, once, but not now. The skin on the right side of his face runs like melted wax as if the fires of hell itself licked it. The damage runs high into the hairline of his short cropped raven hair and tugs the
20:56 < Riam>  corner of his left eye down just a bit. A grin, made lopsided by the inpliant skin, contrasts the hellish features and makes them even more hideous.::
20:56  * Mirina mutters sotto voce.  "God help us all."
20:57 < Riam> ::He still wears the guards clothes. He looks to Mirina:: "Oh I know, I know. Pretty aren't I?"
20:57 < Mirina> "I didn't mean that.  I meant this mess we're in."
20:58 < Luc> "I think I see why you learned to change forms, my friend. You haven't been the luckiest in the world, have you? *pats Riam's shoulder* Do you need to be carried or can you hobble on your own?"
20:58 <~bynw> *Johannes* "The beach is at least rocky where we are ... but the sands by the docks will lead them to us and the sewer tunnels .. they wont be safe to take. we must find another place to go ... "
20:58  * Luc looks around, trying to see if there is some place we can go.
20:59 < Riam> ::Groans and grips the arrow tighter:: "Don't try to bob a knight of the post bubber. I'm ugly not barmy. We best stop wagging our bone-boxes and get to moving or we'll all be in the dead book by sundown."
21:00 < Mirina> "You faster than the rest of us.  Let's find someplace where I can examine that wound and maybe get a chance to Heal your ass before you bleed out, eh?"
21:02 < Riam> "Lead the way berk."
21:02 < Mirina> "My lord Spectral?  You're the most familiar with the city."
21:04 < Luc> "A moment. There are a few passages into the sewers that lead into the palace. However, a cellar might be able to do the trick as well. We have a greater chance of finding others to assist us if we head for the palace. I can get us up this cliff without difficulty."
21:05  * Mirina looks at Luc.  "Good, then let's do it.  Every minute we fool around, he loses more blood, and that makes it less likely that I can help him in time."
21:05 < Riam> "Aww fer god's sake. The mage couldn't pass wind fer want of pulling his masta's grip from out his rear. Just get us to a Tavern."
21:06 < Luc> "We'll head for a tavern's cellar, then for the palace. There is one a few hundred yards into the city from this cliff. I know it well."
21:06 < Mirina> "Let's get going."
21:06 < Luc> "A moment for the spell, my dear."
21:08 < Riam> ::Mutters to himself:: "All those damn spells and not one to stitch a blood back together after a scrape. Very Lordly."
21:08  * Luc whispers hushes words, touching each person in turn, invoking words that will allow them to climb the wall as if they were nothing more than spiders.
21:09 < Riam> ::Groans as he tries to begin his accent::
21:10  * Mirina looks a little startled as she begins to climb lightly, her small feet and hands seeming almost to stick to the cliff.
21:10 < Luc> *with each touch, he smears a little compound on the closest piece of clothing of each person as he invokes the words. Before they begin, he casts one more spell, speaking a longer tone, and throwing dust over the entire group.*
21:12 <~bynw> *the guards have found the tracks left by Ri'am and are not bothering to hide their movement as they begin making their way down the beach with torches and weapons in hand*
21:13  * Luc looks at the wall and climbs easily, seeing the group moving up. Using one hand to hold the wall, he looks down. Thinking to himself, he casts two quick spells, whispering and concentrating as he casts on the entire group.
21:14  * Mirina climbs with some quiet grace, moving as swiftly as caution will allow.
21:16  * Luc grabs for a hand hold, and slips. Grabbing for a handhold, he tries to stick, looking for a hand or foothold and, through the panic, wondering why his spell didn't work.
21:17 <~bynw> *Johannes grabs Luc* "Quickly open your mind and tell me exactly where in the city you wanted us to go ... your magic is not working here."
21:17  * Mirina slides and listens to Johannes' and Luc's exchange.
21:18  * Luc clears his mind, lowering his shields, and shows him the tavern's cellar.
21:18  * Mirina watches, and lowers her shields a little, as if preparing to use a portal.
21:19 <~bynw> *Johannes slips in behind Luc's lowered Shields. his mind gently touching ...* "Good. Now the tavern itself, the streets and where it all is located to us"
21:20 <~bynw> *the guards are calling out seem to be picking up the pace*
21:21  * Luc shows him the city from a bird's eye, throwing the view down in an instant to the street, and the tavern's location relative to their own.
21:21 < Riam> ::Drops back down to the sand with a grunt of pain. Sweat beads his forehead::
21:22 <~bynw> *Johannes* "I've got it ..." *he slips out of Luc's mind in time to see that the guards have seen them at the wall and are moving toward them at a run*
21:23 < Riam> ::Looks about him::
21:23  * Mirina sese the guards.  "Oh shit."
21:23  * Luc drops down, ready to defend Riam if need be. "Get down here and get us out of here, if you can, My Lord! You too, healer!"
21:23 < Mirina> *sees
21:24  * Mirina drops down, hand on the hilt of her sword.
21:25 < Luc> "They know where we are, Healer! Draw the blade!" *drawing his own longblade as he says so.*
21:25  * Mirina draws quickly and sets herself.
21:26 <~bynw> *Johannes looks calm as he reaches to pull Mirina up to her feet* "Take hold of Ri'am he will need your healing. Put away your sword."
21:26  * Mirina nods, sheathes the sword, and grabs Ri'am's shoulder on the uninjured side.
21:27 < Luc> "Your calm is nice, my Lord. Those gentlemen don't seem to be sharing your presence of mind." *Moves closer to the group, motioning over his shoulder to the running attackers headed their way*
21:29 < Riam> "Brother Johannes you had better do something and quickly."
21:29 <~bynw> *Johannes* "Palamon take them to safety" *he says into the air as the air near Mirina and Ri'am shimmers and a large horse like beast with 3 horns coming from its forehead appears* "Take the reins Mirina"
21:29 < Mirina> "Gotcha."
21:30  * Mirina jumps up onto Palamon's back, takes the reins in one hand and steadies Ri'am carefully with the other hand.
21:31 <~bynw> *the 3 of them vanish in flash of silver ....
21:32 <~bynw> *the guards move quickly and begin a volley of arrows in the direction of Luc and Johannes
21:33  * Luc whispers a quick spell over himself, hoping that it will work.
21:34  * Mirina looks a little surprised when she dismounts from Palamon's back in the tavern's cellar, helps Ri'am down, and then the Tricon vanishes.
21:34  * Luc sighs midspell, readying a thought to try and stop a few of the arrows.
21:35  * Mirina recovers and looks at Ri'am.  "All right, lie down and let me have a look at the damage."  She lights two spheres of silvery-purple handfire and looks expectantly at the shapeshifter.
21:36 <~bynw> *the hail of arrows comes raining down as the 3 horned beast reapears next to the pair.* "Grap the reins!" *Johannes yells to Luc *
21:37 < Riam> ::Looks for a clean spot to lay back in on the floor::
21:37  * Luc jumps up, holding the reins and a hand down.
21:38 < Luc> *trying to avoid arrows as he goes
21:38  * Mirina looks around for a way to clean the dusty floor.
21:38 < Mirina> "If I still had my saddlebags, I'd have something cleanish for you to lie on."
21:40  * Mirina thinks a moment and then appears to throw caution to the winds.  "Look, this tunic is clean enough.  Just don't ogle me while I'm healing you."  She strips off the once beautiful blue tunic, leaving herself in a natural-colored linen under-kirtle type garment.
21:40 <~bynw> *Luc finds himself in the tavern cellar, the beast has difficulty fitting in this low space but does manage to do so and Luc and slide of the beasts back
21:40  * Mirina spreads the generously cut tunic across the floor and indicates that Ri'am should lie down on it.
21:41  * Mirina looks up to see Luc, Johannes, and, briefly, Palamon.  "Neat trick, my Lord.  Let me see how bad the damage is and see if I can get him healed.":
21:41 < Riam> ::Grins broadly and lays back, oogling Mirina:: "Please. I'm only a man my lady. Not a stone."
21:42  * Mirina examines Ri'am's wound.
21:42  * Luc blinks, finding himself in a familiar setting. He jumps down and comes over, briefly concentrating to summon a Red/Bronze ball of handfire.
21:43  * Mirina floats one of her spheres of handfire closer to the wound in Ri'am's side.
21:44  * Mirina smiles thinly.  "Oh, this isn't too bad.  Most of the damage is the blood loss, which you will have to eat and drink to recoup."
21:44  * Mirina lays her hands over the wound and retreats into Healing trance.
21:45 <~bynw> *the beast vanishes as luc slips off its back*
21:45 < Riam> ::yelps at the touch::
21:46 < Riam> "No offer to 'kiss it' and make it better?"
21:47 < Mirina> !df 4
21:47 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )( )
21:48  * Luc frowns down at Riam. "She is trying, you know."
21:50  * Mirina seems to wake up.  "Damn it.  Can't catch a break today, except for Johannes'--horse?"
21:50 < Mirina> "Okay, fellows, don't get excited, but I'm going to cut off the bottom of my undershirt to bandage him so I can at least slow the bleeding."
21:51 < Riam> "Too late." ::grins::
21:53  * Mirina draws a dagger, pulls her the tails of her undershirt out of her breeches, and cuts off the bottom, then cuts it into strips and wraps the strips around Ri'am's midsection.
21:55 <~bynw> *Johanne's 'horse' reappears in the cellar. it's breathing hard and labored as it has been struck by several arrows which are even now sticking out of it in a number of places*
21:57 < Riam> "That's a brave beast. Do you heal beasts too my lady?"
21:57 < Mirina> "When it works, I Heal anything that can bleed.  I learned on animals.  It's all flesh and blood, after all."
21:59 < Riam> ::Lays back:: "Thank you my lady. Was it good for you?"
21:59 <~bynw> *Johannes himself is standing next to the beast, his hand still holding a broken strap of the bridle. he looks about at everyone, but not focused on anyone, his eyes wide, a bit crazed and glossy* "you are all safe" *he mutters before falling to the floor, he too has at least 3 arrows stuck in him*
21:59  * Mirina chooses not to dignify that remark with anything other than a withering look.
22:00  * Mirina rushes over to Johannes.
22:00 < Luc> "Now might be a time to try again, My lady. And try hard."
22:01 < Mirina> "We've got to get these arrows out of him.  I can't Heal around them."
22:01  * Mirina motions her handfire over to where Johannes collapsed.
22:01 < Luc> "Would you like me to hold him down, if we need to, or to assist in pulling them out, my Lady?"
22:02  * Mirina takes out her dagger again.  "Hold him; I'm going to cut them free.  It's quicker, and it's easier to heal a cut than a tear, if it comes to that."
22:03  * Luc leans in holding down the unconsciouss man.
22:03  * Mirina suits action to words, making tiny quick cuts to free the arrowheads.
22:04  * Mirina pulls the arrows out as she frees the arrowheads.
22:04 < Mirina> "Okay, now PRAY, both of you."
22:05  * Mirina sets her hands on Johannes' chest and retreats again into Healing trance.
22:05 < Mirina> !df 4
22:05 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )(-)
22:05 <~bynw> *his body convulses a bit, just from the arrows being pulled out*
22:05  * Luc pushes down, holding the man in place, trying to make sure he doesn't move with the convulsions.
22:06  * Mirina comes up for a moment, then swears under her breath.  "Damn it.  I'm going to try again.  If I can't heal these wounds, he won't make it."
22:06  * Mirina breathes deeply, settling again into trance.
22:06 < Mirina> !df 4
22:06 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(-)
22:06 <~bynw> *he grunts and breathes his last, his eyes open and staring blankly into the veil*
22:08  * Mirina comes up again, sees that Johannes is no longer breathing, and sighs, smothering tears.
22:13 <~bynw> *his face takes on a calm relaxed and peaceful look before flowing like melting wax for a moment and solidifying to look somewhat different, not at all the same man. his hair is reddish brown, he even has a full days' beard. even his shoulders are a bit broader. he sits up with a start, his eyes open, a deep sea green color now. "you are all safe"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member