News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Session 3

Started by Bynw, 01 December 2011, 08:25:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:31 <~bynw> ***
20:31 <~bynw> The attack on the city of SouthWind continued into the night. Nearly a half-dozen ships firing cannons from the harbor into the city. Nothing was safe. Not even the sewers of the city.
20:31 <~bynw> .
20:31 <~bynw> Debris and tunnels collapsing are the hazards of the city sewers during the bombardment. And then there is the smell and fact of waist deep waste in the depths of the sewers. Unable to be cleaned due to the attack.
20:31 <~bynw> .
20:31 <~bynw> The party has travelled from the city center to the harbor and emerge from a drain overlooking the water after dusk. The cannons finally stop and small boats begin to be lowered into the water with men on them. Now heading towards the city.
20:31 <~bynw> ***
20:32  * Mirina looks out at the launching boats and sighs.  "Oh, that *can't* be good."
20:32 < Riam> "Can anyone see who the men are? What flags the ships are sailing under?"
20:33 <~bynw> *everyone at the sewer gate is head to toe covered in filth, and everyone smells like an open sewer but having spent over an hour trudging through the sewers the smell is neutral*
20:33 < Riam> ::squints towards the ships looking for flags::
20:33  * Mirina is well aware of the gravity of the situation, but desperately wants to jump into the ocean and clean off.
20:33  * Johannes smothers a cough, his face wrinkled with disgust.
20:35  * Luc smothers a small grin, quenching it quickly.
20:35 < Luc> *quietly* "Agreed, lady. It can't be. Can anyone see the flags well enough?"
20:36 < Riam> !df 4
20:36 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )( )
20:36 < Luc> !df 4
20:36 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(+)
20:36  * Mirina suddenly, in a semi-panic, checks her Healer's satchel.
20:42 < Luc> *squints* "Well, folks. There's good news and bad news."
20:42  * Mirina groans as she realizes that her attempt to protect it when she fell failed.  "Oh, no."
20:43  * Mirina 's satchel is not a total loss, but it's in pretty bad shape, and she is visibly NOT happy about it.
20:43 < Johannes> "What is it, m'lady?"
20:44 < Luc> "Well, more bad news and worse news. First, those ships aren't from anywhere in, near, or around the empire. Second, we're covered in the dung of the empire, and it's only going to get worse from here. Third, and possibly worst of all, we need to stop those unknown assailants before, or soon after, they land."
20:44 < Mirina> "My Healer's satchel.  It seems to have protected my arse from getting too bruised, but in the process of falling, I've ruint most of my herbs and bandages and things."
20:45 < Mirina> "What I really need is some fresh water to clean up and figure out what I can salvage out of this mess."
20:45 < Luc> "We can replace most of what you lost or what isn't salvageable from members of my Order, my Lady."
20:46 < Luc> "AFTER we handle this mess here in the harbor."
20:46 < Riam> "I think a dip in the sea is in order. What do you all say?"
20:46 < Mirina> "I hope so.  And you have a good point.  I just hate like poison to be this filthy, and to have this much of my stuff ruined all at once."
20:47 <~bynw> *the small boats reach the shores and docks of the city, a short row over from the ships out in harbor.
20:48 < Riam> "Hate...poison. Interesting wording."
20:48 < Luc> "Most of what you have would probably be ruined by dung, yes, my lady? Salt water shouldn't destroy it any worse. I agree with the father. Let us get a little cleaner."
20:48 < Riam> ::Steps back a few paces into the tunnel::
20:49 < Mirina> "I'll take you up on that offer, in a half-minute."
20:50 < Riam> "OUT OF THE WAY!"
20:50  * Mirina backs out of Ri'am's way.
20:50 < Riam> ::Runs head long down the tunnel and jumps out::
20:51  * Mirina drops down from the edge of the tunnel to the beach-head, removes her satchel and boots, and goes directly for the water to attempt to de-shit herself.
20:51 <~bynw> *Ri'am goes flying out of the tunnel and dropping several feet below into the bay with loud spash and spray of sea*
20:52  * Johannes takes one last, darting glance around before following wordlessly.
20:53 <~bynw> !df 4
20:53 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)( )
20:53 < Riam> ::Dives down and swims a bit enjoying the briny water::
20:53  * Mirina , having rinsed off most of the shit, returns to the beach, unplaits her hair, and goes back into the water for a good scrub, aided by sand.
20:53  * Luc looks at the rest, laughing silently, and jumps off the edge into the water.
20:54 <~bynw> *the water is warm and freshing but not drinkable since it is salt water ... but it is useful to remove the filth and grime from hair, clothes and body
20:56  * Luc scrubs self clean quickly and efficiently, then goes and stands by the walls of the city, in the shadows.
20:56  * Mirina comes back to the beach with reasonably clean, loose hair, and a sand-scrubbed tunic and trousers, but she is definitely a far cry from her usual tidy self.  The once-beautiful tunic might yet be salvageable with a fresh-water wash, and the leather breeches will need working but may also be still usable.
20:56 < Riam> ::Spends sometime in the water swimming about to get as clean as is possible then comes ashore, his robe dripping and balding palate shining in the sun::
20:56  * Mirina busily untangles her hair and replaits it, securing it with a small leather tie.
20:57 <~bynw> *there are sounds of a drum coming from one of the large ships in the harbor ... and it begins to inch its way towards the docks ... rows being brought into play at the beating of the drum
20:57 < Riam> "Ah water truely is a gift from god! Praise be the lord."
20:57  * Mirina scrubs her boots and her satchel, quickly discarding the things she's sure are completely ruined, and cleaning the contents that might be salvageable.
20:58 < Luc> "Those drums worry me. It seems....ominous."
20:58 < Riam> ::To Mirina:: "Do you have anything for infection my lady?"
20:59 <~bynw> *boom .... boom .... boom, the deep echoing drum sounds with each row stroke
20:59 < Mirina> "I did, but it got ruined when I fell.  However, one of the best preventatives of infection is simple cleanliness.
20:59 < Mirina> "
21:03 <~bynw> *another ship begings its druming as oars are brought to the water and rowers follow the beat of the drum to move the ship closer to the docks
21:04 < Riam> ::Gazes out towards the approching boats:: "It might be advisable to seek hiding and perhaps find out who these marauders are?"
21:06 < Mirina> "Indeed."
21:07 < Mirina> "If we don't want to end up with every horrible disease in that sewer, we need some fresh water to wash, and for heaven's sakes, to drink."
21:10 < Riam> "I would advise against taking shelter in a common inn just now my lady. God watches over his children but that maybe pushing things a smidge."
21:11 < Mirina> "No, that *would* be the height of idiocy, I think."
21:13 < Mirina> "Perhaps if we can reach the Spectral Order?"
21:13 < Riam> "My lady do you perchance have some extra clothing? Something simple, trousers perhaps?"
21:14 < Mirina> "I did, in my saddlebags, but those disappeared with my horse."
21:14 < Riam> "Ah, mores the pitty."
21:14 < Luc> "The thing here, ladies and gentlemen, that I could get us to those boats very easily, and fairly quickly. I'm not sure that you would enjoy the process, however. My orders from the order is to aid in the stopping of those boats."
21:14  * Mirina 's shoulders drop as she suddenly realizes her penury of the moment.  She has money, but in these circumstances, she can't exactly go to the shops and replace the clothing and supplies she's lost today.
21:15  * Mirina looks over at Luc, interested and glad of a distraction from her last thoughts.
21:16  * Johannes flinches, his eyes darting from face. "We should be very careful..something...maybe the livery, seems wrong here. VERY wrong."
21:16 < Riam> "I'm a man of god and not really much use in storming a ship full of marauders I'm afraid master anadari."
21:17  * Johannes glances furtively at Riam before returning his gaze to the ships. "Let me see here..."
21:18 < Luc> *moves in close to Riam, whispering in his ear, under his breath* "And you sir, are so full of dung that your eyes would be brown if I could see them in this light."
21:19 < Mirina> "Master Spectral, you can't honestly think that four of us are going to be able to do a hell of a lot of good against that many?  Intelligence gathering we can do.  Frontal assault seems frankly stupid."
21:21 < Luc> "My lady healer, who said anything about frontal? I am a Magician first, my lady. Those ships fired cannons, which are explosive. They most likely have combustable materials aboard, which, when gathered into certain locations, are more than likely, when put into a certain order, and arranged with certain spells, to explode rather spectacularly, thus blowing their ships, and a large number
21:21 < Luc> of their men, to rather small pieces."
21:22  * Mirina nods.  "I see."
21:24 < Luc> "There is a certain spell, known to members of my order. It is a rather......neat spell. It inscribes words onto an object. When read by another, it causes a certain area to literally explode. We rather like to leave it as a trap. I believe this spell might come in handy in this instance. Any objections?"
21:25 < Riam> "Objecting to you swiming out to the ships alone on a sucide mission to blow yourself up. None."
21:26 < Luc> "Oh, no, father. I won't be swimming. And I won't be alone." *grins evilly*
21:26 < Mirina> "What exactly is the plan here?"
21:27 < Luc> "I can also make us fly as the birds do, without changing our forms, my lady healer."
21:28 < Luc> "We would just need to do it close to the water."
21:28  * Mirina raises a thin blond eyebrow.  "We're going to make like seagulls across the water, go blow up the ships, and fly back?"
21:28  * Johannes cuts in tersely. "Lords and ladies, I think our intervention here would be unwise. If these men are in anyway related to those whom I expect they are, we won't survive an encounter with them."
21:29 < Luc> *Grins* "You see my plan."
21:29 < Luc> "If you have something to say, my lord, put words to it."
21:29 < Riam> "I'm with Brother Engle."
21:29 < Mirina> "What do you mean, Brother Engel?"
21:29 < Johannes> "We should be seeking out whatever's left of the garrison, of fighting men who still answer the call of the Empire. Those ships come quite prepared and are most assuredly not your average brigands or sea dogs."
21:31 < Luc> "Who do you suspect they are affiliated with, My lord Engel? Any information you have, or even suspect, I need to know, and now. I can tell you what I saw of the colors, patterns, and more, if you yourself cannot see them."
21:36 < Riam> ::Moves close to Mirina:: "My lady can I perhaps take a look into your satchel and take a quick inventory, I believe I maybe of use here."
21:36  * Johannes begins to speak, then hesitates. "...The last to best forces arrayed before us thus were those of Ancient Valimar. Perhaps you understand my reluctance to proceed as suggested."
21:37  * Mirina looks at Ri'am, and then hands him the green satchel, keeping her purse (with her money) attached to her belt.  "You can try.  There isn't much left.  I might have had something helpful  before I fell, but there's a lot I had to throw away because it was fouled."
21:39  * Luc pales visibly, stopping a hot retort before it hits his lips.
21:40 < Riam> ::Looks into the satchel:: "Ah yes.....yes.....perfect. Excellent!" ::He removes several vials and a root and quickly spirits them up the sleeve of his robes:: "Most helpful my lady. Most helpful."
21:40 < Luc> "Valimar?"
21:41 < Mirina> "What exactly are you taking, Father?"
21:41 < Riam> ::To the group:: "I believe I can scout out who these men may be. If you'll all wait here for just one moment while I....work."
21:41  * Luc shakes visibly, then calms himself after a moment.
21:42 < Riam> ::smiles at Mirina but continues talking to the group at large:: "I'll try to be swift."
21:42 < Luc> "Please....Please do, father. While you are, I will be in consort with my order. I will remain perceptive of your return, waiting for your word so it can be given to them as soon as possible. Do you have any psionic ability, father?"
21:43  * Mirina suddenly laughs, and mutters to herself about this ridiculous situation.
21:43 < Luc> *psychic
21:44 < Mirina> "Here I am, with the Valimari attacking, or something that looks a lot like them, and I'm worried about what a priest takes from my Healer's bag."
21:45 < Riam> ::Smiles at Luc, his face seems to melt and bleed away bloodlessly. The skin and bone shift, in fact his entire body seems to melt away under his robes. In a few seconds the friar is completely gone and in his place stands one of the most beautiful and voluptuous women you have ever seen.::
21:46  * Mirina raises a blond eyebrow and does a double-take at Ri'am's transformation.
21:46 < Riam> ::Her green eyes stare out from under a shock of long red hair and frame a pale face with just a sprinkling of freckles::
21:47 < Luc> "The small things in the worst moments, My lady. Now, My lord Engel, if you would watch for incursions from the shadows besides the father, I will be indisposed. My ladies." *nods, taking deep efforts to contact his order through his medallion*
21:47  * Johannes shakes his head emphatically at Mirina. "No, m'lady. You're mistaken. Those are not the Valimari; the Valimari were the last to BEST those cruel men you see."
21:47 < Riam> ::A voice like a singer speaks to Luc and utters:: ".....no."
21:48  * Mirina 's eyes widen.
21:48  * Luc looks up briefly. "A moment, Father."
21:48  * Johannes nods cautiously at Luc. "Of course. There will be little we can do to halt their advance right now. We must alert any standing forces in the vicinity so that a proper resistance can be organized."
21:48 < Riam> ::Drops the rosary beads and arranges the robes to be quite revealing, tearing them in all the right places, but not lewd::
21:50 < Riam> ::Pulls a dagger from the robes sleeve and finds a sea shell on the beach. He begins pouring measured amounts of the vials and using the shell to mix them. The hilt of the dagger mashes the root::
21:51 < Luc> "Father, in case things go wrong, and you are able to determine who they are. I DO have a spell that will let you contact us, as it seems there is nobody.....*breathes*...nobody is answering my attempts to contact them. This hasn't happened before."
21:52 < Riam> ::Continues working but she speaks to Luc without taking her eyes from her work:: "Who is this father your talking to mage?"
21:52 < Luc> "Fine, my LADY, if you will. The statement still stands."
21:53 < Riam> ::Puts on a pouty expression with her full lips:: "Awww did the all powerful mage just hit a wall with his omnipotent powers?"
21:54 <~bynw> *the solders from the landing boats are in the city and more men are disembarking from the 2 larger ships that have now docked
21:54 < Riam> ::Coats her dagger with the mixture, half whispering to herself:: "Not my finest work, but it will do."
21:54  * Mirina cuts both of them an arch look.  "All right, you two.  Can we agree not to bicker amongst ourselves?  I think we're in enough trouble as it stands without internecine stupidity."
21:54 < Luc> "The powerful mage just found out that his best attempts to contact his network of brethren, his sole network of people besides his new companions arrayed before him, might very well all be deceased."
21:54 < Riam> ::Arranges her coin purse to be easily seen::
21:56 < Riam> ::Stands and pats Luc on the shoulder:: "Awww. Guess you'll have to think for yourself hmmm?" ::licks her lips sensuously at Luc and then strides off slipping the dagger back up her sleeve::
21:57 < Luc> *sighs deeply* "Agreed, my lady Healer. I am a mage first, a human second. I need to remember this. We can bicker later, my LADY. *grinning a little*"
21:59 < Riam> ::Cuts over towards the group of men, skulking and staying out of sight for the most part until she comes close to the men. She purposely catches the sight of one or more of them.::
22:00  * Mirina inventories her bag, noting that the substances Ri'am took combine in the way s/he mixed them to form anhalath, a swift-acting and nearly uniformly deadly poison that stops the heart within minutes and defies all but the most skilled and swiftest Healers.
22:00 <~bynw> !! hold up
22:00 < Luc> "My lord Engel, you said these are NOT the Valimari. Who ARE they then? Do they have names? Where are they from? Why would they invade now? You seem to know the most here."
22:04  * Johannes draws a deep, steadying breath, looking Luc squarely in the eye. "Why, I don't know. They will take especial interest, however, in killing me, and I daresay several others, not the least of whom being you and your brethren. I doubt my brood's name engenders any less hatred amongst them now than it did in days of old."
22:06 < Luc> "So it is not just the Valimari that hold a hatred of my Order from the old days."
22:07  * Johannes stares grimly at the tall, gently-undulating sails of the ships, his voice thick with bitterness. "Nor would it be welcome amongst your kin, though you seem loathe to judge a man save on his own merits."
22:09 < Mirina> "Well, I have no idea what the good father, or whoever he or she is, intends to do, but...that was poison that he/she concocted and anointed that blade with.  Like, a poison I might be able to counteract, *IF* I can work fast and have the ingredients for the antidote."
22:10 < Mirina> "None of which is certain right now, with my supplies in current state."
22:10  * Johannes shakes his head curtly. "No, but it is no matter. You must decide now, whom amongst old enemies is truly now a threat to you. Those men over yonder, who will slay without remorse every man, woman and child they encounter here, or..."
22:10 < Luc> "I find that to usually be best, my lord Engel. It makes things easier. I will grant you this, as I currently need all the allies I can, since these......demons...are attacking my empire. Should even the Valimari show their faces, and be amicable to an alliance and prove to be trustworthy allies, I would ally myself with them even temporarily to push back these ambushing foes that choose
22:10 < Luc> to attack the empire on the eve of the emperor's passing."
22:12  * Johannes speaks slowly and deliberately, his gaze once again meeting Luc's squarely as he solemnly extends his hand. "Very well.  I am Johannes Kruger ze Anlarye."
22:13  * Mirina remembers enough Anadari history from her research into her great-aunt's life to recognize the name, and her gray eyes widen.
22:15  * Johannes notices the change in Mirina's expression, his lips quirking into an ironic grin. "Perhaps now you see why I prefer to travel as the unassuming Brother Engel."
22:15 < Riam> ::Approches the group of men from the long boats from below the docks. She moves soundlessly until she closes to near the bottom of the docks. Suddenly, and quite purposefully she slips and knocks a few of the beach rocks loose making a measured amount of noise. She goes to her knees in the sand as she slips with a small squeek::
22:15 < Luc> "You hide it well, my Lord. I suspected something similar, but not quite this, when you spoke a moment ago. Please pardon if I am not quite as shocked as our lady healer next to us.
22:16 < Luc> "
22:16  * Johannes curses softly, his head whipping around as he looks intently at the shore.
22:16 <~bynw> *the men on the docks look to investigate the noise and shout out, something, as they do not speak Cana
22:17  * Mirina bows her head to cover the sequence of facial expressions, running through shock to chagrin to acceptance, before raising her face again.
22:17  * Mirina looks over abruptly to Ri'am, wondering just what the merry hell s/he is doing.
22:18 <~bynw> *one of the men appears to be in charge pointing down at the woman and yelling. 3 others immediantly run to go after her
22:18  * Luc looks over, cursing as well.
22:18 < Mirina> "Oh shit.  What has the good father, or whoever the hell he or she is done now?"
22:18 < Luc> *softly* "What the bleeding hells is that bloody man/woman/thing doing?"
22:19 < Riam> ::Looks up to the men on the docks and stands, her voluptuous body near bursting from the robes. Her eyes are full of panic and she stumbles away, limping badly, moving to hide under the dock::
22:20 <~bynw> *one is climbing right down the docks while the others 2 are heading for an easier path to converge on the woman's location
22:20 < Luc> "My lord Anlarye, while I know your reputation, I know not how much of it is true. Depending on how much of it is, it may be soon time to prove it if those men run towards us if the Father runs back this way. Please try to leave one alive for questioning?"
22:21 < Mirina> "If he/she/whoever isn't a little more bloody careful with that dagger, she's going to kill herself.  What the bloody hell is she doing?"
22:22 < Riam> ::She disappears under the docks and into the shadows there::
22:22 <~bynw> *the man climbing down the dock jumps to the ground looking for the woman, he draws out his curved broadsword*
22:22 <~bynw> !df 4 (looking for her)
22:22 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(+)(+)
22:23 < Riam> ::Tosses a stone a bit away from her but into the shadows::
22:25 < Riam> !df 4
22:25 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )(+)
22:25 <~bynw> !df 4
22:25 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)( )(+)
22:26 <~bynw> *he appears to be calling out for the girl but of course cannot be understood ... he goes towards the sounds of the thrown stones
22:27 < Riam> ::Moving as soundless as a snake through the shadows she moves up behind the man and strikes::
22:27 < Riam> !df 4
22:27 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(-)
22:28 <~bynw> *the other two men make down to the beach from the docks above and call out to their companion ... who is dead in the shadows
22:32 <~bynw> *they draw their swords and begin looking for their comrade and the girl
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member