The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 28

Started by Bynw, 08 October 2010, 17:37:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:53] <anlarye> ***** RECAP *****
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:05] <Raith> "How many planets in this system Jaeih?"
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:07] <Raith> ::Checks the scanner logs to see if anyone is or recently used active scanners to scan the Lady Luck::
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:11] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "There are only 4 planets. 3 of them are gas giants and the 4th is a rock. A lot of moons."
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:11] <anlarye> *no active scans are detected*
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:13] <Raith> "None of them habitable?"
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:13] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "None of them ... all rocks. Cold or hot but rocks."
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:13] * Ken does a comparison between current readings and when they first entered this system.
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:15] <Raith> "Where would you hide, if you wanted to hide Jaeih?"
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:17] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "In the shadow of one of the moons, if I had a cloaking ship. Otherwise I would use the upper atmosphere of one of the gas giants."
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:17] <Ken> ::over comms:: "I do not think they are cloaked. If they are here maybe same place we were... a gas giant"
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:17] <Raith> "Jaeih, scan the gas giants for any upper atmospheric disturbances."
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:18] <Raith> "Take us in closer to the one we hid in."
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:20] * Ken accesses the sensor data from just before jumping out
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:20] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "They are full of disturbances. That's why I choose them. Storms raging across those worlds constantly." *she sets the course and engages the thrusters to return to the gas giant that she used previously*
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:22] <Raith> ::intercom:: "Ken is it possible to 'fake' someone's sensors into thinking we jumped if we used the gas giants atmosphere to hide in right afterward?"
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:24] <Raith> ::intercom:: "An E.M. pulse or U.V. pulse perhaps?"
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:26] <Ken> ::intercom:: "What? hmm maybe. EM pulse with stored momentum to coast into atmosphere might work."
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:27] * Ken starts calcualting minimum distance for a jump from a gas giant atmosphere and the required emP to simulate a jump.
[20:53] <anlarye> [21:27] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Do it. Let me know when your ready Ken."
[20:53] <anlarye> ***** END RECAP *****
[20:57] * Ken calculates how long the EMP will scramble sensors and then calculates the speed it would take to get inside the Gas giant atmo from minimum jump distance
[20:58] <Raith> "Jaeih, pick a side of the gas giant that will best hide us from anyone in system...if they are cloaked or hidden."
[20:59] <anlarye> *the ship is already close enough ... a short firing of the thrusters and then the emp could simulate that the Lady Luck has jumped out*
[21:00] <Ken> ::over comms:: "I am feeding the required speed we need to attain and the distance we have to be from atmo when I fire the EMP."
[21:01] <Ken> ::over comms:: "to the navcomp."
[21:01] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Okay, lets get some team work done. Jaeih, Ken coordinate your efforts. Let's see if we can flush our visitors out."
[21:01] * Ken then starts altering the shield generators to emit an EMP pulse of the required strength
[21:02] <Raith> ::Starts calculating the EMP firing in the nav computer and feeding it to Jaeih::
[21:03] <Raith> "Jaeih, all sensors to passive; power us down once the EMP field fires."
[21:03] <Ken> !df 5 Engineering
[21:03] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)( )(-)( )
[21:04] <Raith> "I want to know if anything shows up on DRAIDIS, but no active sensors. I don't want to give away us away."
[21:05] <anlarye> *the thrusters are fired and the emp goes off just as planned ... like clock work ... the pulse was strong enough to mask that the lady luck coasted into the gas giants atmosphere ....
[21:06] <Raith> ::Is hovering over the passive sensors, looking to pick up anything::
[21:06] <Raith> "Jaeih, anything on the passive DRAIDS?"
[21:06] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "no contacts at this time on the DRADIS, but again since we are here, it will be hard for us to see anyone as well."
[21:08] <Raith> "Jaeih can you use the gas giant to mask a quick thruster boost to bring us out of orbit and allow us to take a look around?"
[21:08] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Of course but then we would be detectable."
[21:09] <Raith> ::Sighs:: "Keep us in orbit then and watch those sensor readings."
[21:11] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Ken I need more power to the passive sensors to increase sensitivity and our range."
[21:13] * Ken boosts the power and sensitivity of the passive sensors
[21:16] <Raith> ::Looks out the window as if he can somehow see someone lurking in the depths of space:: "Come on...it's all clear, no one here..."
[21:16] <anlarye> !df 4
[21:16] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(+)(-)
[21:17] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Still nothing detected on DRADIS Captian."
[21:18] <Raith> "Let's give them sometime."
[21:19] <anlarye> *1/4 of an hour passes
[21:20] <Ken> ::over comms:: "We could jettison some debris and make a dummy signature of a ship."
[21:21] <Ken> ::over comms:: "That misjumped..."
[21:23] <Raith> ::Shurgs to himself, then taps the intercom:: "Do we have any debris like that aboard?"
[21:24] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "other than any waste ... the ships computers dont indicate any debris available. unless you want to jettison necessary parts and equipment."
[21:24] <Raith> "No."
[21:25] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Just waste, it is lighter and would possibly exit the atmo sooner than the rest of a ship..."
[21:25] <Raith> "Let's pop our heads out. Jaeih Bring us out of orbit, but do your best not to bring attention to ourselves. Use any moons or asteroids you can to help hide us."
[21:26] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "It would also be insufficant mass to indicate a damaged ship. Many moons."
[21:26] * Ken resets the shields and sets up his booster algorithm again
[21:28] <anlarye> *the Lady Luck slowly comes out of the gas giants atmosphere ... the thrusters being fired just enough to break orbit
[21:29] <Raith> ::Switches the sensors to full active mode::
[21:30] <anlarye> *the interference of the DRADIS goes away and space is empty*
[21:31] <anlarye> *a half hour has passed*
[21:34] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "DRADIS shows no contacts"
[21:34] * dr_cross stops pacing about in the medbay and proceeds to the bridge
[21:38] <Raith> ::Turns as the Doctor enters the rather small bridge, his face thoughful::
[21:38] <Raith> "Hello Doc."
[21:39] <Raith> ::Switches on the comm and sets it to a wide band broadcast on all channels::
[21:41] <Raith> "Just in time to see me try one last time to flush someone out."
[21:42] <dr_cross> "Hi, Cap. Are we still marooned?"
[21:42] <Raith> ::Over the comm:: "This is the Lady Luck requesting that all ships in system identify themselves.::
[21:43] <Raith> ::Switches off the comm:: "No, just following up on possible leads on alien visitors."
[21:43] <Raith> "How is your paitent?"
[21:44] <anlarye> * 15 minutes pass without any contacts on DRADIS or wireless *
[21:44] <dr_cross> "She's stable as she can be, Cap"
[21:45] <dr_cross> "... we really need to get back somewhere civilized. So she can have proper medical attention"
[21:46] <anlarye> * 30 minutes pass without any contacts on DRADIS or wireless*
[21:47] * dr_cross head over to Sathara, asking her if she is ok up there in the turret
[21:47] <anlarye> *she is OK just wished she had something to shoot*
[21:48] <Raith> ::Sighs:: "Okay Time to go."
[21:48] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Ken is the secondary jump drive spun up?"
[21:49] <Ken> ;;over comms:: Aye Cap
[21:49] <Ken> "
[21:50] <Ken> ::over comms:: "Both are ready to go"
[21:50] <Raith> ::Starts re-inputing the jump coordinates towards Alliance space and the Waterloo::
[21:51] <Raith> ::Intercomm:: "Jump in 5...4...3...2...1...jump."
[21:51] <Raith> ::activates the jump drives::
[21:54] * dr_cross quietly takes a seat, discreetly monitoring the medical readings of the crew
[21:54] <anlarye> *the ship emerges from Jump a few heart beats later and is rocked by an explosion ... internal comms are down ... main lighting is offline, only emergency power is working ... flashing lights and alarms are going off all over the lady lucks bridge
[21:55] <dr_cross> "What's happening?!?"
[21:56] <Ken> !df 5 Telemechanics
[21:56] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(-)( )(-)
[21:56] <Raith> "The fun Doc."
[21:57] <dr_cross> "Aaargh! This is not play-time, Cap"
[21:57] <Raith> ::Checks damage reports::
[21:58] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "All sections report!"
[21:58] * Ken enters the bridge
[21:58] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Captain. Reading that engineering has a hull breach and the bulkhead has sealed ... intercomms are down.
[21:59] <Ken> "Primary drive blew, took part of engineering with it."
[21:59] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Your computer is stating ..." *she pauses* "something about the primary drives are sufficient debris now"
[22:00] <Raith> ::Begins flipping switches and typing furiously:: "Dammit! Ken is this sabatoge?!"
[22:01] <Raith> ::Begins trying to minimalize damage, venting atmosphere where fires are, shutting down damaged sections beyond recovery, etc.::
[22:01] <Ken> "Do not know Cap, just felt off so I left engineering just before they blew."
[22:02] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "DRADIS is also down. Most of everything is down and needs to be rerouted through secondary systems in order to get them working again. Navcomp does know exactly where we are however."
[22:02] <Raith> ::Stops for a moment and looks to Ken with a mixture of disbelief/confusion/questioningly::
[22:03] <Raith> ::Goes back to damage control:: "Where are we Jaeih?"
[22:03] * Ken sits down and starts rerouting systems focusing on DRADIS once hull breach and fires are out
[22:04] <Ken> 1df 5 engineering
[22:04] <Ken> !df 5 engineering
[22:04] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )(+)(+)
[22:04] * dr_cross heads back to Med Bay, to check his patient
[22:04] <Ken> "I doubt it was sabotage unless we have a traitor in the Alliance team that did the engines."
[22:05] <Raith> "I'm thinking more along the line of that last system we went through and the ghost ship on our DRAIDIS."
[22:05] * Ken examines the damage reports and does some calculating.
[22:05] <Ken> "Cap we are down for several hours and then we need to get to drydock."
[22:06] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Doc be careful back there we've got hull breaches everywhere!"
[22:06] * dr_cross pauses..
[22:06] <Raith> "Jaeih! Where are we?"
[22:06] <dr_cross> "Is Med Bay clear, Ken?"
[22:07] <Raith> ::Stops and looks to Ken::
[22:07] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "I can help out since we wont be needing a pilot at the moment." *looks at the readings* "Using only the 2ndary drive. We are now 4 jumps from our destination. Still in 'unknown space'"
[22:07] <Ken> "Not reading any breaches in Med Bay."
[22:09] <Ken> "However we need to patch the breach before we move at all.. Cracks are spreading>"
[22:09] <Raith> ::Polls the sensors to see what's out there::
[22:09] * Ken tries to boost the ships inertial dampeners and act like structural stabliizers.
[22:09] <Raith> "Get on it Ken. Jaeih help out."
[22:09] <dr_cross> "Ok, thanks, Ken.... and good luck." *heads back to Med Bay
[22:09] <Raith> "You two be careful."
[22:09] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "It will take about 20 minutes or so to get the sensors back online"
[22:10] <Raith> ::Slams his fists down on the consoles:: "Dammit that Klade tech has been nothing but a engineering nightmare!"
[22:11] <Raith> "Get to work on the structural damage first"
[22:11] <Raith> ::Intercom:: "Everyone in vac-suits as a precaution."
[22:12] <dr_cross> *from the Med Bay, dr_cross ::comms:: Sathara "How are you holding up there?"
[22:12] <Raith> ::Gets up and hurries to his cabin to slip into his custom fit vac-suit::
[22:12] * Ken checks inventory for axtra hull plating
[22:13] * Ken then goes and gets into his vac suit.
[22:13] <anlarye> *Sathara* "Good that the comms are back. But the turrent is down as well. Add it to the repair list"
[22:14] <Ken> ::over comms:: "roger"
[22:16] * Ken returns to Bridge in his vac suit.
[22:16] * dr_cross zips up too
[22:16] <Ken> "Cap I need to do a space walk to assess the damage"
[22:19] * Ken heads for the airlock, taking some diagnostic tools with him, he tethers himself before starting the EVA.
[22:19] <Raith> ::Intercom from his quarters as he finishes up zipping up his vac-suit. Do it Ken."
[22:20] <Ken> ::Over suit comm:: "On it cap"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member