News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 23

Started by Bynw, 03 September 2010, 21:44:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:01] <Bynw> **** RECAP ****
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:48] <Raith> ::Looks down for a bit:: "I'm sorry." ::Looks back up:: "I uh. Yeah..." ::laughs nervously:: "Yeah this is akward."
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:48] <Ken> "That should not be too much trouble Rh,vaurek."
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:49] <Dr_Cross> "Yes, Aerv... Stelam was a very helpful and informative"
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:50] <Raith> "I need a drink."
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:51] <Raith> "Do you drink?"
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:53] <Bynw> "Yes" *she answers and resumes walking*
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:56] <Raith> ::sighs long and loud then hurries to catch up to her:: "What is your name?"
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:57] <Bynw> *woman* "It's is Jaeih"
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:57] <Bynw> *Aerv* "Is there anything else I can show to the 2 of you?" *he asks Dr Cross and Sathara*
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:58] <Bynw> *Rh'vaurek* "The data is being transmitted now. It will be in raw form."
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:58] <Sathara> "I think I'm good, thanks."
[20:01] <Bynw> [21:58] <Dr_Cross> "You have been good to us, Aerv, thank you"
[20:01] <Bynw> [22:00] <Ken> "Thank you Rh'vaurek. Can I see your cloaking device now?"
[20:01] <Bynw> [22:01] <Raith> "Pretty name. What did you do for a living before this?"
[20:01] <Bynw> [22:05] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "Before this?"
[20:01] <Bynw> [22:07] <Raith> "Yeah, before you became a member of my crew and envoy to the Alliance. Before this."
[20:01] <Bynw> [22:09] <Bynw> "I'm a pilot. Like my father." *she opens a door they have stopped at*
[20:01] <Bynw> **** END OF RECAP ****
[20:04] <Bynw> *Jaeih enters the room. It is a crew quarters for a single crew member. She rummages through a few things tossing some clothes and other items into a bag.*
[20:04] <Raith> ::Waits just outside the door:: "My understanding is that Raith was more then just that."
[20:06] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "You are a pilot too and more. You don't need a crew for your ship and neither did our father." *she says coming back to the door with the bag* "I have everything that I need."
[20:06] <Raith> "Did you meet him?"
[20:08] <Bynw> *she looks at Raith a little oddly* "He was with us while I grew up."
[20:12] <Raith> ::smirks:: "The definition of irony, I'm a clone of the man and you know him better then I ever will."
[20:14] <Bynw> *she starts walking down the corridor* "You are physically identical to him. You may share some of the same interests and skills. But you are uniquely you."
[20:17] <Raith> ::Follows:: "Not really that much different then you."
[20:17] <Raith> "But you knew him, and your mother."
[20:18] <Bynw> *she stops* "There is nothing wrong with being a clone."
[20:18] <Raith> ::Nearly collides with her as she suddenly stops::
[20:20] <Raith> "I'd agree. What's your point?"
[20:21] <Bynw> *she starts walking again* "You seem not to like it. But then again at least 30% of our population are clones"
[20:25] <Raith> ::Resumes following:: "It's not nearly as common in the alliance. I've found most people find it...disconcerting, so I've stopped telling people. I myself don't see a difference, but then I never spent time around my other half so why should it."
[20:26] <Raith> "Imagine how different things would be for you if you never met your parents and no one you knew had either."
[20:28] <Raith> "Would a part of you resent them for leaving you?" ::Catches up to her and steps in front of her::
[20:29] <Raith> "How would you feel to one day find a group of people that knew them? That loved them and where close to them in a way you could never be?"
[20:30] <Raith> ::Turns and walks on without waiting for an answer::
[20:30] <Raith> ::Now leading the way at a brisk walk towards the Lady Luck::
[20:31] <Bynw> "First of all things of course would be different. I don't know how I would react in that situation. Do I resent my father for leaving? No. I knew he would someday. And it came. I would want to learn more about him from them." *she says keeping up with Raith*
[20:33] * Bynw sets mode +m #teara-adan
[20:34] <Raith> ::Continues walking:: "Are you sure? What if the answers you found where not what you hope?"
[20:35] <Raith> ::Stops and turns:: "If you had one question what do you think it would be?"
[20:36] <Bynw> "I would hope for information. To learn who they were, what they did. If I found they were the outcasts of society. Then I could even understand why they distanced themselves from me. To protect me. If not then it could be another reason." *she replies*
[20:38] <Raith> "One question. One. What would it be?"
[20:40] <Bynw> "The one question would depend on unknown factors at this point. I don't resent my father for leaving. For getting into his ship one day from our home. Leaving us behind and jumping before he even got out of the atmosphere. So we would know he was leaving. My only question is ... will I see him again."
[20:41] <Raith> "That's because you already have the answer to the question anyone in my shoes would ask. Why did he leave?"
[20:42] <Raith> "He loved you, yes?"
[20:44] <Bynw> "Yes he did. He left for a very good reason. He had to return to the Alliance."
[20:46] <Raith> "And that is the difference between us. You know."
[20:46] <Raith> ::Turns and resumes walking::
[20:47] <Bynw> *follows him*
[20:52] <Raith> ::Exits out onto the barren plains of the moon and slows to a stop gazing at the Lady Luck:: "Out here no one cares about any of that. The lady takes care of me and I take care of her. She's my home." ::Turns again, his face serious::
[20:52] <Raith> "You come aboard your under my command. Understand?"
[20:53] <Bynw> "Completely Sir."
[20:54] <Raith> "Good. Quarters are tight. Your going to have to share a room."
[20:56] <Bynw> "Understood Captain"
[20:57] <Raith> "For now stow your stuff in the room to the right of the airlock. We'll get things sorted out when we get back to the alliance."
[20:58] * Sathara_TReis has quit (Connection closed)
[20:59] * DrCross is in an animated conversation with Aerv and Sathara
[20:59] <DrCross> ... re weapons, wounds, and treatment
[21:01] <Bynw> *Aerv* "It looks like Raith has left the ship. You better get to the Lady Luck. Ken will join you after he is finished with our engineer"
[21:02] <DrCross> "I would like to thank you again, Aerv, for your hospitality. We will return to our ship now"
[21:04] * DrCross departs with Sathara... and Ken joins them belatedly, carrying a lot of datapads
[21:06] * DrCross sees Raith, with a woman, outside "Hello, Cap! We have ffinished our 'tour'"
[21:10] <Raith> "Wrapping things up now. Jaeih will be flying with us." ::Waves at the Khelliannsu woman:: "Jaeih this is Dr.Cross, or Doc." ::Waves at Cross::
[21:10] <Bynw> *she nods at the doctor*
[21:10] <Raith> "She'll be our pilot."
[21:17] <Bynw> *ken also says a brief hello before passing by everyone with his arms full of datapads and a grin on his face*
[21:26] * genshou has quit (Client closed the connection)
[21:26] * genshou (~potato@OWIRCN-7e7ab78c.bois.qwest.net) has joined #teara-adan
[21:35] <DrCross> "Pleased to meet you, miss Jaeih"
[21:35] <Raith> "Let's get loaded up. Lift off is in 10 minutes."
[21:35] <Raith> ::Walks up the ramp and into the Lady Luck, then onto the bridge. He takes the navigators seat::
[21:37] <Bynw> *Jaeih stows her gear and then walks onto the bridge to familiarize herself with the ship and its controls*
[21:38] * DrCross climbs aboard, still chatting with Sathara about melee weapons "A clean cut is easier to..."
[21:40] <Raith> ::Opens a comm channel to Aerv's ship:: "Raith calling Aerv."
[21:42] <Bynw> *Aerv* "I am here Raith."
[21:42] <Raith> "Thank you. Travel safely, and I hope to see you again."
[21:45] <Bynw> "We shall see one another again." *the comm ends&
[21:47] <Bynw> *after a short period Jaeih begins the start up process on the engines of the Lady Luck*
[21:50] <Raith> ::From the navigator's seat:: "Your catching on quickly."
[21:53] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "Don't expect any fancy flying until I get used to the controls. But simple things should be simple."
[21:55] <Raith> "Well let's hope things don't get complex then." ::Slots the Klade datapad into the navigation computer and begins setting a course to alliance space::
[21:56] <Bynw> *Jaeih closes the ramp and secures all airlocks* "We are ready for lift off Captain"
[21:57] <Raith> "Bring us out."
[21:57] * DrCross returns to the medbay, attending to the former pilot, who has fallen ill
[22:01] <Bynw> *the lady luck lifts off from the surface of the moon. a bit of listing to either side as Jaeih gets used to the controls*
[22:02] <Raith> "Laying in a course for alliance space."
[22:03] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "Jump drives are spinning up still. That will take a bit getting used to I think."
[22:04] <Raith> "Your not a jumper are you?"
[22:04] <Bynw> "No not at all."
[22:06] <Bynw> *Jaeih spends the time getting used to the controls of the ship before the jump drives signal that they are ready for jump*
[22:07] <Bynw> *Jaeih* "We are ready for jump Captain"
[22:07] <Raith> ::Opens an intercom channel:: "Prepare for jump in 5...4...3...2...jump" ::jumps the ship::
[22:07] <Bynw> !df 4
[22:07] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)(+)
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member