Main Menu

Chapter 1 Episode 17

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:43] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1000ms delay
[18:43] <.Bynw> *** BEGIN RECAP ***
[18:43] <.Bynw> .
[18:43] <.Bynw> *Having arrived at their desination of Paradise City.  The adventures have been paid by the half-elven merchant Astori Xhyps and are enjoying the fruits of their labors with a lavish banquet provided by Astori.*
[18:43] <+James> He's working
[18:43] <.Bynw> *Seanna, a member of a local wizard's guild that hired Astori, has arrived to claim the goods transported across the continent.*
[18:43] <.Bynw> *An unexpected visitor, a man named Ibon and known to James has arrived.  He was gravely wounded and had falled to the floor.  Now just healed by James he regains consciousness.*
[18:43] <.Bynw> *** END RECAP and BEGIN PLAY ***
[18:43] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[18:44] <+James> ((How do you pronounce Xhyps?))
[18:44] <.Bynw> *ibon opens his eyes* "James ....?"  *they are bloodshop and not quite focusing*
[18:44] <.Bynw> (( zips ))
[18:44] <+James> "Ibon.  What happened?"
[18:45] * +Jenna stands and looks over at Ibon, listening intently
[18:46] <.Bynw> *ibon caughs and sits up* "The druids ... !" *he turns wide eyed to James* 
[18:46] <+James> "The ones in Kirsh?"
[18:46] <.Bynw> "... they've been wiped out ... every last one of them ... "
[18:46] <.Bynw> "Yes the ones in the bogs at Kirsh."
[18:47] <+James> ::registers grave shock::
[18:47] <+James> "Who attacked them . . . or what??
[18:48] <.Bynw> "I don't know who attacked them.  It was made to like like one of Kirsh's dire beasts, but I know otherwise.  It was definately the work of man"
[18:49] <+James> "From the castle?  Or from outside?"
[18:51] <.Bynw> "I don't know.  I tried to contact the dwarves, but Benedict and his lot are silent about everything.  They refused to see me.  I know they sent men to the druid encampment areas and investigated but they havent said anything about it."
[18:52] <+James> ??Would I know of Benedict??
[18:52] <.Bynw> !! only by name.  bendict is the name of the dwarven Earl-King of Kirsh !!
[18:53] <+James> "Okay, how did you get so badly hurt?  Were you attacked, or did you ride yourself practically to death?"
[18:54] <.Bynw> "A bit of both.  I wasn't careful."
[18:55] <+James> "Are you heading for the Druids in Paradise, to warn them?"
[18:57] <.Bynw> "No.  I was heading for one druid of Paradise.  He can tell others about it.
[18:57] <+James> "Me?  How did you know where to find me?"
[18:59] <.Bynw> *ibon laughs and then caughs abit*  "I asked a former benefactor of yours on the way to Paradise.  Someone else that has an interest of what happens in Kirsh"
[19:00] <+James> "Who was that?"
[19:01] <.Bynw> "His Grace, the Duke of Stonemont"
[19:02] <+James> "Well, I have no idea how HE knew, but then again I don't try to understand wizards . . . "
[19:03] <+James> "Let's get you a room, Ibon.  You still need rest."
[19:05] <.Bynw> *ibon gladdly accepts a room, probably james' where is left to rest*
[19:06] <.Bynw> *ibon gladdly accepts a room, probably james' where he is left to rest*
[19:06] <+James> On the way, out of hearing of the others:
[19:06] <+James> "One more question.  When we last met, you seemed . . . suspicious . . . of Druids.  Now you seem more favorably disposed.  Why?"
[19:07] * +Jenna looks curiously after James for a moment then returns to her seat, saying nothing
[19:08] <.Bynw> "oh, i still dont like druids.  never have ... since most of my dealing with them have been with the ons that are now dead.  that lot isnt trustworthy.  but i like you, even though you are a druid"
[19:11] <+James> ::smiles and nods:: "Thank you.  Let's get you some rest now."
[19:11] * +Jenna looks at Astori "how horrible - all the druids gone in Kirsh!"
[19:12] * +Chadmyr enters into the common room
[19:12] <.Bynw> *Astori* "Didnt know that damned place had any druids"
[19:12] <.Bynw> *James is leading a man out of a private dinning room and into the common room of the inn*
[19:13] <+Chadmyr> walks towards a free tables and hails a maid for a good ale and meat.
[19:14] <.Bynw> *one of the inn's maid's sees to Chadmyr's needs almost immediantly*
[19:14] <+Chadmyr> "Ye heard that yu add good spirits and food"
[19:14] <.Bynw> !spot check james and Chadmyr !
[19:14] * Kanax (~vangard@adsl-68-251-149-117.dsl.bltnin.ameritech.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:14] <+Chadmyr> 'Hope this is true' 
[19:14] <Kanax> (( Sory, kinda died ))
[19:16] <.Bynw> *the maid beings to rattle of some of the finer spirits available ... some human, some elven, some dwarf and even a few of dragon origin*
[19:16] <.Bynw> ((dats ok))
[19:16] * Bynw sets mode: +v Kanax
[19:16] <+James> d20+6
[19:16] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+6) and rolled 20.
[19:18] * +Kanax seems thoughtful, yet completely helpless, as he knows nothing of druids, and nothing of Kirsh.
[19:18] <+Chadmyr> "Dragon spirits oh! this is going to be a good night oh! yeah! it will be"
[19:18] <+James> "Well I'll be . . ." ::calls out:: "Chadmyr, is that you?"
[19:18] <+Jenna> ((LOL))
[19:18] * +Kanax returns solemnly to his table.
[19:20] * +Kanax looks up as Chadmyr's name is mentioned from the other room.
[19:20] * +Kanax hops from his seat, and goes out to look.
[19:21] <+James> ::Pauses; to Ibon:: "You remember Chad."
[19:21] <+Chadmyr> :: turns arround to see whose yapping his name :: "Well! who else could it be. James"
[19:21] <+James> "Chad!  Look who else is here."
[19:22] <+Chadmyr> :: looks arround, grabs one of the dragon spirits ang goes towards James :: "Nice, to see sounds and safe james" 
[19:22] <+Chadmyr> (( i forgotte the see you ))
[19:23] <+James> "Yes, I just got in.  You remember Ibon from Kirsh, don't you?"
[19:24] <.Bynw> *ibon looks down and sees Chadmyr ... and closes his eyes again.  holding on to james*
[19:24] <+James> "He needs rest.  I'm taking him to my room."
[19:24] * +Kanax nudges James, "Get him to your room, man. Chadmyr will be here when you get back."
[19:25] <+James> ::nods to Kanax and heads to his room with Ibon::
[19:25] <+Chadmyr> "Ibon, hmmmm he seems familiar yes. he Deosn't look good though"
[19:25] * +Kanax smiles more broadly than he has in the last few weeks, "Chadmyr! It's good to see another familiar face."
[19:25] <+Chadmyr> :: looks up and down at the nudging man :: 
[19:27] <+Chadmyr> "Good to see familiar face yes your right about that. " :: sits down at a table and have a sip of is drink :: 
[19:28] <.Bynw> *kanax invites Chadmyr into the private room of Astori and other others ... jaden, jenna, thek and kanex ... Chadmyr knows .... Seanna, a half elf woman and Astori he does not*
[19:28] <+James> ::puts Ibon in his bed and tells him to rest::
[19:28] * +Kanax jerks his head back to the private room..
[19:28] <+Kanax> (( Yeah, that ))
[19:29] <+Chadmyr> :: gets up :: "Will i ever be able to drink. " :: fallows kanax to the private room::
[19:29] <+Jenna> ((ROFL))
[19:31] * +Kanax grins, "Trust me, m'boy, the private room is better."
[19:32] <+Chadmyr> "Me boy! I ain't your boy. Sunny"
[19:34] * +Kanax grunts, a cheerful grunt that most who've travelled with him wouldn't recognize.
[19:34] <+Kanax> "Get yer tail in there and drink, lad."
[19:36] <+Chadmyr> :: enters the room ::
[19:37] <.Bynw> *Astori looks up as Kanax returns to the table, with another dwarf*  "A friend I trust."  *he says as he glances at all the gold and gems sitting openly on the table*
[19:38] * +Kanax nods to Astori. "Astori, this Chadmyr. He travelled with Jaden, Jenna, and James long before I did. Chadmyr, Astori, our employer."
[19:39] <+Chadmyr> "Salut to you Astori" :: and nods friendly :: 
[19:39] <+Chadmyr> description  : Chadmyr is a short stocky dwarf with light brow hair and long brushy eyebrows, almost hiding his big green eyes. Is beard is short and as much brushy as his eyebrows. 
[19:39] <.Bynw> *Astori* "Well then ... we still have some business to attend to and I we be your employer no longer"
[19:40] <+James> ::James reenters::
[19:40] <.Bynw> ((holding up for a few minutes Seanna and Jenna have both gone to a quick goodies run and will let us know when they are back ))
[19:41] <+DarkSir> (( cool, I'll finish waking up ))
[19:41] <+Jenna> ((I'm back))
[19:42] <+Jenna> ((i thought all dwarves were short and stocky :) ))
[19:42] <+Chadmyr> (( i would slap you jenna but prefer showing you the difference the hard way )) 
[19:42] <+Jenna> ((ack! right here in front of everybody????))
[19:43] <+James> ((A tall dwarf . . . what a concept!))
[19:44] <+Chadmyr> (( no problem sweet heart ))
[19:44] <+Jenna> ((ROFL))
[19:47] <+Chadmyr> ::sits down :: "So what is going on with the lot of you?" 
[19:49] <+James> :::sits also::
[19:49] <+Jenna> "wow, Chad I thought you were staying at home for a long while after you finally got back there"
[19:51] <+Chadmyr> "Well i though so too. But guess I ain't mean't to settle home yet. "
[19:51] * +Jenna smiles
[19:51] <+Jenna> "I know the feeling"
[19:52] <+Jenna> "we've just been.... boating" 
[19:52] * +Jenna rolls her eyes
[19:52] <.Bynw> *Astori turns to Seanna* "Anyway m'lady."  *he hands her a leather satchel* "here are the items your guild requested"
[19:52] <+Jenna> "how did you get here?"
[19:53] <+Seanna> "Thank you, Sir.  I will be on my way then."
[19:53] <+Seanna> ::nods to alll and heads out::
[19:53] <.Bynw> *jaden still just eat and remains quiet watching the others ... finding odd the Chadmyr is here again*
[19:55] <+Chadmyr> "I traveled with merchants and they hade the use of a magicient."
[19:55] <+Seanna> ::turns around and looks to James and Jenna::
[19:57] <+Seanna> "It is my understanding that your mission for Astori is over...is that correct?"
[19:57] * +Jenna nods
[19:57] <+James> "Yes . . . "
[19:58] <+Seanna> "then, would be safe to say that you may be interested in making some more money?"
[19:58] * +Jenna laughs
[19:58] <+Jenna> "always!"
[19:59] <+James> "Interested, yes . . . but I need to rid out tomorrow morning to take word of what Ibon told me to the Archdruid."
[19:59] * +Kanax chuckles, returning to his meal, listening to the conversation around him.
[19:59] <+Seanna> "I will have to talk to my superiors, of course, but I think you can help us with a problem...in fact, James, your problem and ours may even be the same one!"
[20:00] * +Jenna raises an eyebrow "interesting" and nods to James
[20:00] <+James> "I can wait one more day to travel, but if this doesn't turn out to be a mutail affair by then, I'll need to go."
[20:00] <+Chadmyr> :: drinks and listen curiously ::
[20:02] <+Seanna> ::explains::
[20:02] <+Seanna> "You see, there is a rogue wizard we are trying to disable..It is quite possible he is responsible for happened to the Druids"
[20:03] <+James> "Is he in Kirsh?"
[20:04] <+Seanna> "no, he is here, last I heard"
[20:04] <+James> "But you think he WAS in Kirsh?"
[20:06] <+James> " . . . and why would he want to destroy Kirsh's Druids?  They're not . . . well liked . . . admittedly.  But what vendetta would he have against them?"
[20:06] <+Seanna> "He is definitely in Adan, so it is quite possible"
[20:06] <+Seanna> "He is a rogue...my superior would be able to tell you more"
[20:08] <+Jenna> "when could we speak with your superior?"
[20:08] <+James> "Can I speak with your superior, then?  This is matter of great concern to all Druids, when an entire people is destroyed."
[20:08] <+Seanna> "He is not a member of the Spectral Magicians of Adan, but he IS an Adanian, and that therefore is against the law..."
[20:09] <+Seanna> "He could be trying to get to the secrets of Kirsch"
[20:11] <+Jenna> "that would be completely insane"
[20:12] <+James> ::aside to Chad:: "The secrets of Kirsh . . . oh, boy."
[20:12] <.Bynw> *Astori watches the conversation with little interest*
[20:13] <+Seanna> "Agreed, it is insane, but, so is Prinn"
[20:14] * +Kanax eats, only half listening in, having decided he has no idea what they're talking about.
[20:14] <+Chadmyr> :: takes an other sip of his drink ::
[20:14] <+Chadmyr> :: watch what Kanax is eating ::
[20:15] <+James> "Well, Lady Seanna, since it seems I'm about to be mixed up in the affairs of Kirsh again, anyway, I'll wait here tomorrow to see what your superior says."
[20:15] <+Seanna> "James, I think it may be a good idea if you talk to my superiors"
[20:15] <+James> "Or I'll go with you if they'll hear me."
[20:16] <.Bynw> *jaden* "Alright, I could use some more cash ... I'm in"
[20:16] <+Seanna> "I will return in the morning then."
[20:16] <+James> "I'll be in the common room then."
[20:16] <+Jenna> "as will we"
[20:17] * Rooks (~Rooks@S01060020edb504fb.wp.shawcable.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:17] <.Bynw> (( anyone doing anything during the night ?? ))
[20:17] <+James> ((sleeping))
[20:17] <.Bynw> (( pm me with it ... or we will jump to the am ))
[20:18] <+Kanax> (( nada ))
[20:20] <+Jenna> ((snoring))
[20:20] <+Chadmyr> ((nothing specifique for me))
[20:20] <+Chadmyr> (( going back to my inn's room ))
[20:23] <.Bynw> *the next moring the group assembles in the common room ... Ibon is there as well ... but Jaden is not*
[20:24] <+Chadmyr> "Morning all"
[20:24] * +Kanax quirks an eyebrow, looking to Jenna, "Where's your brother?"
[20:25] <.Bynw> (( you can come in at anytime Seanna ))
[20:25] <+James> ::smiles:: "Morning, Chad."
[20:26] <+Chadmyr> "So everyone is fresh and sounds."
[20:26] <+Seanna> ::walks in the common room::
[20:26] <+Seanna> "Good morning...I see most of you are here"
[20:27] <+James> ::nods to Seanna::
[20:27] * +Jenna looks around "I do not know"
[20:28] <+Seanna> "James, we have reason to believe Prinn was responsible for the massacre and he is here in Paradise"
[20:29] <+James> ::gravely:: "I see . . . "
[20:29] <+Chadmyr> "Maybe the common room isn't the best of place to talk like such."
[20:31] <+Chadmyr> "With eyes and hears all over. The will attracked the worst of the rats."
[20:31] <+Jenna> "a moment, Seanna... I shall return"
[20:31] * +Jenna gets up and goes back to the floor with the rooms
[20:31] <+Seanna> ::nods::
[20:32] <+Chadmyr> :: look at jenna go ::
[20:33] * +Jenna returns very shortly after leaving, appears upset but composed
[20:33] <+Jenna> "apparently Jaden isn't coming - he's left already"
[20:33] <+James> "Left . . . without you??"
[20:33] * +Kanax frowns, "He's been moody lately... I'm sure he'll catch up"
[20:34] * +Jenna nods, not daring to try speech again
[20:35] <+Chadmyr> :: cought lowly :: "trouble again"
[20:35] <.Bynw> *Ibon* "So you think this rogue wizard is responsible.  I have a score to settle with him then if he is ..."
[20:36] <+James> "Even before settling the score, we need to assess whether the Druids here are likely his next target."
[20:37] <+Chadmyr> Why would he wants to rub himself with druids
[20:37] <+Seanna> "I do not know that"
[20:38] <.Bynw> *Ibon*  "I dont think so James.  It didnt look like a strike on all druids .... it looked more like a flexing of muscles to me ..."
[20:39] <+Chadmyr> "Then we need to find is motive if we're to understand is move"
[20:39] <+Seanna> "He is crazy enough to want the Kirsh secrets.  That is your motive"
[20:40] <+James> "Okay, I'll send word with someone I know outside Paradise City, then, and tell them I'll fly up there when I know more."
[20:40] <+Chadmyr> "Pfffffff, the Kirsh secrets. Many fools have tried and nothing good came out of it. There must be more"
[20:41] <+Seanna> "Yes and you will have to discover it"
[20:42] <+James> "Your Order is hiring us to investigate it?"
[20:42] <+Chadmyr> "Not a simple task"
[20:42] <+Seanna> "Yes, they are, if you choose to accept the tasking"
[20:43] <+Chadmyr> "Does he knows that he will be spied on and tracked."
[20:43] <+James> "Well, I'm already involved, so the decision is easy for me.  I accept."
[20:43] <+Seanna> "That is good James.  We could use your abilities"
[20:44] * +Jenna looks up and around the room then asks "what is the payment?"
[20:44] <+Seanna> ((has no clue!))
[20:45] <+Chadmyr> "As for I it is part of my duty as a knight to investigate, but it will take resources and funds."
[20:45] <+Chadmyr> ((You want paymant sugar bear.))
[20:46] <+Jenna> ((that's really all she feels she has left at this point, honey muffin :P ))
[20:50] <+Seanna> the guild will offer all expenses paid out of their own coffers for equipment and food et all ... if they manage to capture or kill the mage ... then its 10,000 gold coins bounty ... if they just drive him out of paradise ... then its only 1,000 gold coins
[20:51] <+Seanna> ((and I have to get going in 10 mins))
[20:51] <.Bynw> (( thats a wrap for tonight .... peer to peer xp awards to and for Chadmyr, James, Jenna, Kanax and Seanna ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member