• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

The Fantastic Feline

Started by Nym_Gibran, 25 October 2007, 23:28:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym_Gibran

Some distance north of an unknown temple in an obscure and almost forgotten part of Paradise; a half wild cat dashes through the forest with a purpose. The feline is lost and in search of it's home. It knows intuitively it is still many days travel to the north, a vague feeling of a burnt out and broken tower fills it's mind, home. The feline lives happily without the crushing responsibility of its former life; it holds only a vague and misty recollection of its former identity and the burden it carried. Pausing for a moment it raises it's gaze to the waxing crescent moon hanging low in the midnight sky on the cool Mid-July night. A new scent fills the air from upwind, confusing, it tickles that misty memory of that other life.
   A man steps from the foliage, but not a man. His smell is all wrong ,not a man, but like a stag. The cat moves into the light of the moon and sits, watching this strange man as he approaches. This man seems to radiate a sense of peace that reminds the cat of home. The man steps close to the feline and takes a seat on the soft grass opposite the wild feline.
   The man sighs and speaks softly to it "You are fortunate or perhaps fated, Alex is unique and as such contacted me on his own or I wouldn't have found you until much later. Though I could have guessed you would seek Kirg's tower. It is the only true home you have ever really known isn't it?" The cat cocks it's head to one side uncomprehending and curious at the man's words and affectionate tone. " I'm afraid you still have much to do and no time to waste." The man says as he slowly stands. "It is time for you to shoulder your responsibility again."  Says the odd man as he makes a few gestures over the cat and murmurs a few sounds that seem to vibrate the very earth.
   The cat lets out a yowl of surprise and pain as it ducks its head and curls into a fetal position on the grass. It grows larger, bones snapping and mending, skin breaking and new skin appearing underneath. The pain is horrendous as the cat grows and changes in waves.
  Nym Gibran now lies where the feline had been curled up on the grass just moments before, his muscles still knotted and strained from the painful transformation. He looks up at the strange man now standing above him, now barley able to make out his features with his less light sensitive human eyes. "Camidus is that you? Where am I? What happened? Where is the Uthani mage?" 
   "I afraid I have some bad news for you Nym." Is Camidus's only answer.
"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game."-Voltaire