The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Chapter 2 Episode 18

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:51:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[17:09] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1000ms delay
[17:09] <.da_GM> *** Role-playing in the World of Teara Adan
[17:09] <.da_GM> *** "The World Changes" Adventure Series - Chapter 2, Episode 18
[17:09] <.da_GM> *** Beginning recap of previous session
[17:09] <.da_GM> =========================
[17:09] <.da_GM> * Still charged with investigating the blood sacrifices and perversion of the natural order by the Archdruid Camidus and no where near a resolution the party must make some hard choices in the coming days.
[17:10] <.da_GM> * Fleeing from their dual defeat and victory at Michon's Keep the party  has regrouped in the woods some distance from the tower to settle a few internal disputes and make plans for their next move.
[17:10] <.da_GM> =========================
[17:10] <.da_GM> *** End recap and beginning of session
[17:10] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[17:10] <+Jenna> ((internal disputes?!?!))
[17:10] * +Lars_Revik stands before Seanna, with one hand up in the air, palm open.
[17:10] <+Lars_Revik> "So, will you acccept my peace-offering, Seanna?"
[17:11] * +Kanax lets his hand slip to the hilt of his whiteaxe, not looking directly at Lars, but keeping him in his perhiphery.
[17:11] <+Seanna> "depends, Lars, I feel you are speaking the truth for now...so, for now I shall accept your gesture of peace"
[17:12] <+Nym> ::Sighs:: 
[17:12] * +Lars_Revik closes his hand into a fist
[17:12] <+Seanna> "but, things may change in the future if you go on unnecessary killing sprees!"
[17:12] <+Lars_Revik> "So be it" I say. I turn away, and walk back to the railing of the skiff.
[17:13] * +Seanna nods
[17:13] <+Nym> ::Takes a lotus position on the skiffs deck with Lars weapon across his lap:: 
[17:13] <.da_GM> *Delan* "So what do we do now?" * he looks up at the clouded sky*  "Its still a few good hours until daylight"
[17:14] * +Jenna lowers her bow completely now and turns to Kanax
[17:14] <+Jenna> "why are we here?"
[17:14] * +Kanax looks back in the direction we came, "James, do you think we should return to the tower, or continue to where the reports say things are so strange?"
[17:15] <+Nym> ::Looking very tired:: "I am near the end of my wits. I could use some time to rest and recover. Those things knocked me about a bit." 
[17:15] <+James> "I'd like to have a look at the tower.  Maybe I can pick something up  from the last spot Nym saw Michon at."
[17:15] <+Kanax> "Here speficically? This is a RANE "safe spot"
[17:15] <+Kanax> Less likely to stir the wrath of the forest.
[17:16] <+Kanax> "We should recover, sleep in shifts.  I'm awake for the duration, Nym, rest for the night.  This has taxed you far too much."
[17:16] <+Seanna> 'hmmn, James, do you think they could have used a portal?
[17:16] <+Seanna> "
[17:16] <+Jenna> "No I meant here generally - but thank you for the reassurance"
[17:16] * +Jenna smiles for the first time in a long while
[17:17] <+James> "Yes, that's definitely a possibility."
[17:17] * +Lars_Revik pulls a vial out of the heavy leather pouch at his side.
[17:17] <+Seanna> "if so, mayhaps we can find it and the last known location"
[17:17] <.da_GM> *a light breeze blows through the summer night, parting the clouds around the nearly full moon ... and a wolf howls in the distance
[17:17] <+Lars_Revik> "Nym, drink this.. it will tend to your wounds."
[17:17] <.da_GM> *Delan looks up at the sound
[17:18] * +Jenna shudders a bit
[17:19] <+Jenna> "I'll take your offer of some rest - wake me in 2 hours please" ((to Kanax))
[17:19] * +Seanna coos to the sounds...come to me my pretties
[17:19] * +Kanax snaps his head toward Seanna, alarmed.
[17:19] <+Lars_Revik> "Nym, take the potion." I say while holding it out towards him.
[17:19] <+Nym> ::Holds his hand up to hold off the offering:: "I'm okay nothing a good nights rest wont cure" ::Smiles at Lars:: 
[17:19] <+James> "Rest would be good.  But I still want to see that tower again in the daylight."
[17:19] <+Seanna> "don't worry about it Kanax, they can be friendly"
[17:19] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye"
[17:20] * +Kanax nods to Jenna, "Delan, you rest as well."
[17:20] * +Lars_Revik replaces the vial back into its secure holder, and snaps the lid closed.
[17:20] <+Kanax> "Not in this forest, lass."
[17:20] <.da_GM> *Delan* "Right you are Sgt."
[17:21] <+Seanna> "you would be surprised, Kanax, but, I'll leave it for another day"
[17:21] * +Seanna smiles
[17:21] <+Kanax> The only wolves that prowl on nights like this in the Einarian forest are cursed, Seanna.
[17:21] * +Lars_Revik nods at Kanax
[17:21] <+Seanna> "the cursed are still creatures of the Gods"
[17:22] <+Lars_Revik> "He speaks the truth.. and they hold no good will for god or man alike, Seanna."
[17:22] <+Seanna> "the cursed can be blessed also"
[17:22] <+Seanna> "Lars, that is your belief, I have mine"
[17:23] * +Seanna turns away and faces the forest
[17:23] <+Kanax> "For centuries, the blessed have tried.  Whatever dark history the Wood of Einar holds, it has resisted the light of purity."
[17:24] * +Seanna ignores those words and keeps staring at the woods
[17:24] * +Lars_Revik relaxes a bit, and leans against the rail of the skiff in a sitting posistion... allowing his eyes to close, and his mind to rest.
[17:24] <+Kanax> "But for now, Rest.  James and I shall guard for two hours, Jenna, Delan and I will guard from then til daylight.
[17:24] <.da_GM> !! if you don't want any specific interaction ... its daylight
[17:25] <+James> ((None here))
[17:25] <+Jenna> ((I'm good))
[17:25] <+Kanax> ((Likewise))
[17:25] <+Nym> ((same)) 
[17:25] <+Lars_Revik> (( Lars will sleep till daylight))
[17:25] * +Jenna gets up when Kanax wakes her and keeps watch silently
[17:26] * GEOF (~Khm___@kds8-035.ptt.yu) Quit
[17:26] <+Nym> ::Even as the day breaks Nym soundly sleeps:: 
[17:26] <+Seanna> ::wakes up at daybreak::
[17:26] * +Lars_Revik feels the sun on his face, sees the light even with closed eyes.. and awakes.
[17:27] * +James wakes.
[17:27] * +Kanax sees Nyn sleeping, and quietly says "Don't wake him."
[17:27] * +Seanna nods
[17:27] <+Seanna> "he needs rest"
[17:27] * +Kanax looks to the group as a whole, even Lars, and says "Return to the tower or continue to the south?"
[17:28] <+James> "I vote to have another look."
[17:28] <+Jenna> south
[17:28] <+Lars_Revik> "I'll be right back" I say as I slip off the skiff to find a tree to releave myself behind. "I say we go back" I half-shout from behind the tree.
[17:28] <+Seanna> "continue southwards"
[17:29] * +Jenna nods "I agree"
[17:29] * +Lars_Revik comes back to the skiff, and climbs aboard.
[17:29] * +Kanax ponders...
[17:30] <+Lars_Revik> "So, its seems to be up to Kanax.. you know what Nym wants."
[17:30] <+Kanax> "We will take another look around the OUTSIDE of the tower in the daylight.  See if this dark deryni of Nym's left any traces...  Then we should make haste to the south."
[17:31] <+Lars_Revik> "Agreed."
[17:31] * +Jenna nods
[17:32] <+James> "If it looks abandoned, is there time for me to try and read the last spot Michon was at?"
[17:33] <+Lars_Revik> "I know where I last saw him, James."
[17:33] <+Kanax> "If we hurry, lad.  I fear we're keeping Delan away from his post for too long, as it is."
[17:33] <+James> "Okay, let's go."
[17:34] <.da_GM> *Delan* "My post is with you for the time being"
[17:34] * +Kanax takes his position, and makes sure Delan is ready to go.
[17:34] * +Jenna readies her bow with an arrow as a precaution as things get moving
[17:34] <+Lars_Revik> "Its good to see we can count on you, Delan." I say with a smile.
[17:34] <+Kanax> "Aye, lad.  But you like this wood about as much as I do."
[17:34] <.da_GM> *Delan* "So back to that keep then?"
[17:35] <+Lars_Revik> "Make it so, Mr. Delan."
[17:35] * +Kanax nods to Delan
[17:36] <+Seanna> "I see that I am overrulled...but, I will do what I can to help"
[17:36] <+Seanna> "I would rather not go back"
[17:36] <+Lars_Revik> "Im sure Michon feels the same way, Seanna"
[17:36] <.da_GM> *once everyone is on the skiff, Delan sets it in motion back towards the keep ... crossing the distance fairly quickly and entering the clearing surrounding the keep
[17:36] <+Nym> ::The Motions of The skiff wakes his Slumber. He rises with a bit of stiffness but otherwise appears rested:: 
[17:37] <+James> "Feeling better, Nym?"
[17:38] <+Nym> ::Smiles and nods to James:: "yes, though I am a bit bruised nothing to worry about." 
[17:38] <.da_GM> the sight of the keep in daytime is much different than at night ... the main door is still wide open and smoke can be seen curling upward from several of its windows
[17:38] <+Kanax> ::informs Nym:: "We're returning to the tower, but only to look around.  I feel we must make haste for the south border, where the disturbance has been reported."
[17:39] <+Nym> ::Nods to James:: 
[17:40] * +Seanna nods to Kanax...aye, we need to go south!
[17:40] <+Nym> ::Nods to Kanax as well:: "Good choice." 
[17:40] <.da_GM> *Delan slows the skiff as he takes in the sight*   "It's buring ...."
[17:41] <+Nym> ::Looks to the group as a whole:: 
[17:41] * +Lars_Revik approaches Nym
[17:41] <+James> "What??"
[17:41] <+Nym> "Michon is covering his tracks" 
[17:41] <+Kanax> "So it seems."
[17:41] <+Lars_Revik> "I figured as much."
[17:41] <+Seanna> "aye..."
[17:41] <+Nym> "I've had a bit of time to reflect on the events.." 
[17:41] <.da_GM> (( in case you missed it:  [17:38] <.da_GM> the sight of the keep in daytime is much different than at night ... the main door is still wide open and smoke can be seen curling upward from several of its windows  ))
[17:42] <+Lars_Revik> "I was concerened he might booby trap it for us if we returned... looks like Michon went one step further."
[17:42] <+James> "That's all the proof I need.  Michon wouldn't burn his keep unless he was hiding something big."
[17:42] <+Nym> "Michon feels...diffrent then Baron. His....it's hard to deffine." 
[17:43] <+Lars_Revik> "Nym, if you will, please return my sword now."
[17:43] * +Kanax sighs, "I wish Jaden were here." He hops from the skiff, and begins to walk around the perimeter of the tower.
[17:43] <.da_GM> *Delan stops the skiff several yards from the keep*  "I don't want to get any closer incase the keep isnt stable."
[17:43] <+Nym> "I don't think Michon and Baron are the same person." 
[17:43] <+Jenna> "amazing"
[17:43] * +Jenna looks up at the keep
[17:43] <+Seanna> "are you sure Nym?
[17:43] <+Nym> ::Hands Lars back his weapons:: 
[17:43] <+Nym> "Yes positive." 
[17:43] * +James gets out and approaches the keep.
[17:43] * +Lars_Revik straps his sword belt back on, and checks his sword in place.
[17:44] <+Nym> "Though I am sure he is evil in the extreame." 
[17:44] * +Seanna looks at the others: Then, have we made a huge mistake attacking Michon's keep?"
[17:44] <+Lars_Revik> "NO, we made a big mistake in not killing him"
[17:44] <+Nym> "No. He is without doubt a darkhand deryni and Anadari knight." 
[17:45] <+Seanna> "if we attacked every possibly evil person without regard, then we would be mired in conflicts for ever...we cannot do that..we have to pick and choose our fights"
[17:45] * +Kanax calls over his shoulder, "At ease, Lars." He investigates the edges of the clearing, hoping to see some recent disturbances.
[17:45] <.da_GM> !! spot check Kanax
[17:45] <+Kanax> d20+2
[17:45] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+2) and rolled 16.
[17:45] * +Lars_Revik ignores Seanna.. and looks on after Kanax.
[17:45] <+Nym> ::Nods to Seanna:: "But Dark hand Anadaari Knights are a good place to start in all cases." 
[17:45] <.da_GM> *no signs of any disturbance
[17:46] * +James looks in and tries to judge which outer wall Michon was closest to when he was last seen.
[17:46] <+Seanna> "how sure can you be that he is a dark Anadari?"
[17:46] <+Nym> ::Drops to the ground and investigates the clearing for tracks:: 
[17:46] <+Lars_Revik> "I last saw Michon upstairs.. if we could get inside without danger, one of might learn more."
[17:46] <+Lars_Revik> one of us
[17:47] <+Nym> ::Over his shoulder to Seanna:: "Absolutly sure. None have access to the powers he used but Anadari." 
[17:47] <+Seanna> "how do I know you're not evil..I have no access to powers you seem to hold"
[17:47] <+James> ((Are you near enough for me to hear that, Lars?))
[17:48] <+Nym> ((I'd like to use tracking to see if I can find tracks leaving the clearing)) 
[17:48] <+Lars_Revik> (( Im still on the skiff... dont know where you are James))
[17:48] <+James> ((I'm at the front door.))
[17:48] <+Seanna> 'it is hard for me to judge who is evil and who is just defending his home right now"
[17:48] <+Seanna> "and so, I shall neither help nor hinder"
[17:48] <+Lars_Revik> (( I was intending to talk to Kanax when I said that ))
[17:48] <+Nym> ::Looks to Seanna and moves next to her:: 
[17:49] <+Jenna> ((still on the skiff watching over everything))
[17:49] <+Nym> ::Gently touches the area of her heart:: "Trust this...always." 
[17:49] <+James> ::calls back:: "Lars, where did you last see Michon?"
[17:49] <+Jenna> ((hold up before too much more guys, gm had to step away))
[17:49] <+Seanna> "mine heart says trust no one but thineself"
[17:49] * +Lars_Revik gets down from the skiff, and goes over to James
[17:50] * +Jenna smiles at Seanna "you sound like Jaden"
[17:50] <+Lars_Revik> "I had chased him up the stairs , beyond the inner door.. I saw him inside a room, and then he vanished." I say to James.
[17:50] * +Kanax frowns, as he returns to the skiff, "We should return here after we've completed our mission. I don't think destiny brought us here for no reason. But we must finish what we started."
[17:50] <+Seanna> "aye my lady, your brathair was wise"
[17:51] <+Nym> ::Nods to Seanna:: "Without trust in others none will trust you." 
[17:51] <+James> ??how does the interior 1st floor look?  Fire there?
[17:51] * +Seanna Nym I do trust others, just not you at this moment~
[17:52] <+Jenna> ((GM is afk hold up))
[17:52] <+Lars_Revik> ((k))
[17:52] <+Jenna> ((unless you just want to talk ;) ))
[17:53] <+Lars_Revik> (( Im going to run to the bathroom while I have the chance ))
[17:53] <+Nym> ::Smiles and then resumes his search for tracks:: 
[17:54] <.da_GM> !! nym you can roll your survival skill check for the tracking
[17:54] <+Lars_Revik> ((back ))
[17:55] * +Lars_Revik looks into the keep with James, to see if it would be safe to enter.
[17:55] <+Nym> @roll d20+9 
[17:55] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+9 and gets 21."
[17:55] <.da_GM> ?? where is everyone since i've had to deal with something here 
[17:55] * +Seanna is with Jenna
[17:55] <+Kanax> ((Back on the skiff, and afk for a minute))
[17:55] <+Lars_Revik> :: Lars is at the front door of the keep with James ::
[17:56] <+James> ((I'm looking in the front door to see if there's fire on the frist floor.))
[17:56] <+Nym> ((in the clearing looking for tracks leading away)) 
[17:57] <.da_GM> *the atrium, where the trap door had fallen down from level 2, is in shambles ... the furniture, carpet, tapestries have been dragged to the center and set fire too ... its burned out but smoldering slightly ... the walls are blackened .. no light save for what is coming in from the door
[17:58] <+Lars_Revik> ?? Is the general superstructur of the keep intact, that is, will the upper floors fall in on us ??
[17:59] <.da_GM> !! need to make a profession/masonary skill check on that Lars 
[17:59] <+Lars_Revik> ?? are the upper floors made of stone , or wood??
[18:00] <.da_GM> *the whole keep is made of mostly stone with wooden support timbers
[18:00] <+Lars_Revik> (( what would I roll for that check ? ))
[18:00] <+Kanax> (( don't think it's usable untrained ))
[18:00] <+James> ((Do you have that profession?))
[18:00] <+Lars_Revik>  (( no ))
[18:01] <+James> "Lars, do you want to show me where Michon went?"
[18:01] <+Lars_Revik> (( I do know how fire and gravity work, though :P ))
[18:01] <+Lars_Revik> I look about, and say, "Yes, I will James.. I dont think the place is going to cave in on us."
[18:01] <+Nym> ::Seems frustrated while looking for tracks:: 
[18:02] <+James> "Lets speak very softly inside."
[18:02] * +Lars_Revik leads James inside.. "aye" I whisper back.. "this way"
[18:02] * +James creates handfire.
[18:02] <+Kanax> :: begins making sure everything is ready for the long trip.  He seems lost in thought. ::
[18:02] <+Nym> ::stops and closes his eyes in concentration:: 
[18:02] * +Lars_Revik takes James by the safest path to the room where he last saw Michon.
[18:03] <.da_GM> *James handfire lights the way for him and his companion ... through the doors where Michon and Atrina were standing and then to the left
[18:03] <+Jenna> ((to Nym)) @@We really should get going soon@@
[18:03] <.da_GM> *the room, may have been a pantry at one time... many foodstuffs but all destroyed by various fires ... the place has been gutted
[18:04] * +Lars_Revik leads James up the stairs that he had chased Michon and the female up.. to the room where he last saw Michon.
[18:04] <+Lars_Revik> "He was standing in this doorway, James.. he smiled at me, then, vanished."
[18:04] <+James> ((Are the stairs stone or wood?))
[18:04] <+Nym> ::To Jenna:: @@Almost done@@ 
[18:05] <+Lars_Revik> (( btw, I was mistaken, Michon fled down the hall, not up the stairs))
[18:05] <.da_GM> (( the stairs are stone, you've been on them before ... but you dont go that way Mj was confused))
[18:05] * +James goes into the pantry.
[18:06] <+James> ??Does it feel like a portal??
[18:06] * +Lars_Revik goes over the corner of the pantry..
[18:06] <+Lars_Revik> "This is the spot.. in this corner, James."
[18:06] * +James goes to next to that spot, but does not step on it.
[18:07] <+Jenna> ((to Nym)) @@they aren't here@@
[18:07] * +Lars_Revik steps back from the corner.. and looks to see if he can see any secret door by defects in the stone.
[18:07] <+Nym> ((To Jenna)) @@I know, I'm looking for the direction they went@@ 
[18:08] <.da_GM> ! search check Lars
[18:08] <+Nym> @roll d20+11 
[18:08] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+11 and gets 12."
[18:08] * +James closes his eyes in concentration, trying to use Second Sight to see where they went.
[18:08] <+Nym> ((ouch)) 
[18:08] <+Lars_Revik> (( Search is INT, right? ))
[18:08] <.da_GM> (( search is wisdom like all other sense skills))
[18:09] <.da_GM> (( see the PHB ))
[18:09] <+Lars_Revik> (( i was looking ))
[18:09] <+Nym> ::Shakes his head in frustration and jogs back to the skiff in covering ground in long strides:: 
[18:09] <+Lars_Revik> d20+3
[18:09] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Lars_Revik (d20+3) and rolled 23.
[18:09] <+James> d20+8
[18:09] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 21.
[18:10] <+Lars_Revik> (( btw, the PHB says Search is INT, like I thought.. but, its your ruling ))
[18:10] * +James opens his eyes.
[18:10] <.da_GM> (( my mistake then .. use INT))
[18:11] <+James> ::softly:: "Find anything, Lars?"
[18:11] <+Lars_Revik> (( I rolled a 20 natural.. want me to roll again?))
[18:11] <.da_GM> (( if you want too ))
[18:11] <+Lars_Revik> (( no thanks :P ))
[18:11] <+Lars_Revik> "Im looking James" I whisper
[18:12] <+Lars_Revik> "but, I dont see anything"
[18:12] <+James> "Let's go then.  The others will be waiting."
[18:12] * +Lars_Revik makes a sign to turn around and leave
[18:12] * +Seanna wanders up to where Lars and James are
[18:12] * +Lars_Revik follows James out of the room , and the keep back outside.
[18:12] <+Seanna> "what's going on in here?"
[18:12] <.da_GM> *Seanna meets james and lars back in the atrium 
[18:13] <+James> ::whispers:: "We're just leaving, Seanna."
[18:13] <+Lars_Revik> "keep your voice down" I whisper to Seanna
[18:13] <+Seanna> ::whishpers back, "what were you looking for?"::::
[18:14] * +Lars_Revik leaves Seanna standing in the Atrium, and goes outside.
[18:14] <.da_GM> *the wooden support beams creak in the keep and dust and ash filter into the atrium
[18:14] <+Nym> ::Takes a spot at the railing on the skiff patiently waiting for the others:: 
[18:14] * +James continues moving towrds the door and whispers "answers."
[18:14] <+Lars_Revik> "We were looking for signs of Michon" I yell as I head for the skiff.
[18:14] * +Seanna whispers "like what?"
[18:15] <+James> "come on, before this place comes down on you."
[18:15] * +James scoots out the door.
[18:15] * +Seanna looks back at the way James and Lars came from and then reluctantly follows James
[18:16] * +James waits for Seanna to catch up after leaving the tower.
[18:17] * +Lars_Revik climbs aboard the skiff. I brush the ash cinders off my shoulders as I mutter 'damn witch'
[18:17] <+James> ::to Seanna:: "It was a portal, now destroyed."
[18:17] <+Seanna> ::to James:: "oh!"
[18:18] <+James> "I tried to get a destination, but couldn't."
[18:18] <+Seanna> "are you sure it was destroyed then?  it could just have been trapped..."
[18:18] <+Jenna> "does it really matter?"
[18:18] <.da_GM> *Delan*  "What now Sgt?"
[18:19] <+James> "It felt destroyed."
[18:19] <+Seanna> "probably not Jenna in the short run, however, if it is trapped but not destroyed, they may be able to return after a while"
[18:19] <+Lars_Revik> "Michon got away clean."
[18:20] <+Nym> :::Nods and seems to contemplate for a moment:: "Yes, I can't find a trace of his passage." 
[18:20] <+Kanax> "South, along our previous route.  We will be returning here, I think"
[18:20] <.da_GM> (( since we are gonna have a really long session tonight ... we will take a break in about 10 minutes for a while ... get something to eat and such ))
[18:20] <+Lars_Revik> (( ok Chris ))
[18:20] <+Seanna> sounds good
[18:21] <+Kanax> ((ok))
[18:21] <+Nym> ((hmmm coffee)) 
[18:21] * +Lars_Revik looks at Nym , and asks
[18:21] <.da_GM> *Delan moves the skiff back towards the south and punches up the speed*
[18:21] <+Lars_Revik> "What do you think Michon's destination may be?"
[18:22] <+Seanna> ((that was supposed to be "sounds good" but works just as well for ((sounds good)) too ))
[18:23] <+Nym> "I haven't a clue. Michon is a new threat to me and I have no ideas on his part in this, But the Akasha brought me here for a reason I'm sure. This is no mere chance happening." 
[18:23] * +Jenna holds onto the railing but doesn't look *too* green
[18:23] * +Lars_Revik continues his conversation with Nym...
[18:24] <+Lars_Revik> "Who are the Akasha?"
[18:24] <+Nym> ::Smiles:: "Not who...What." 
[18:24] <+Lars_Revik> "Oh? You have me at a singular disadvantage, Nym. Please explain."
[18:25] <.da_GM> *Delan steers the skiff away from one of the village that is coming into view* "We dont want to frighten them" *he says*
[18:25] <+Nym> "It is many things, all things some would say. Easiest to say it is the voice of your heart when you are at peace within yourself. Lars." 
[18:25] <+Seanna> "Nym, maybe it wasn't Michon, maybe it was that woman...maybe she was sent to fool....James and Jenna knew her...maybe she's the trap!
[18:25] <+Seanna> "
[18:26] * +Lars_Revik nods to Nym with understanding.
[18:26] <+James> "what kind of trap, Seanna?"
[18:26] <+Lars_Revik> "The very witch you trusted now becomes the object of questionability... how quaint, Seanna, and predictable."
[18:26] * +Jenna looks around at the trees whistling by for any signs of unusual happenings
[18:27] <+Seanna> "Lars, I never trusted her...I just questioned some of the motives..on each side as I still do!"
[18:27] <+Nym> ::Shakes his head:: "No I don't think so. She was willing to submit to a truth hearing without a fight and she stood fast to her ally when pushed." 
[18:27] <+Seanna> "James, maybe one laid by someone who hold this friend of yours in thrall"
[18:28] <+Lars_Revik> "I sense a great strife within you Seanna.. chaos."
[18:28] <+Nym> ::Suddenly looks to the left as if seeing somthing:: 
[18:28] * +James follows Nym's gaze.
[18:28] <+Nym> "Delan if you would please turn us slightly to the left." 
[18:28] * +Lars_Revik looks to see what Nym is looking at
[18:29] <+Seanna> "Lars, shut up now..you have NO IDEA of which you talk about!"
[18:29] <+Lars_Revik> "Always testing..never listening... " I mutter as I look to see what the comotion is about.
[18:29] <.da_GM> *Delan makes the necessary adjustements, a bit bumpy as the skiff goes deeper into the woods*
[18:29] <+Nym> "Off the trail...something is....I'm not sure.." 
[18:29] <+Seanna> "Nym, what do you see?
[18:29] <+Seanna> "
[18:30] <.da_GM> ! spot check for everyone please
[18:30] * +Jenna frowns looking into the same direction
[18:30] <+James> d20+6
[18:30] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+6) and rolled 14.
[18:30] <+Nym> ::Over his shoulder:: "Nothing. I feel somthing ahead." 
[18:30] <+Lars_Revik> d20+3
[18:30] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Lars_Revik (d20+3) and rolled 7.
[18:30] <+Kanax> d20+2
[18:30] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+2) and rolled 9.
[18:30] <+Seanna> d20+4
[18:30] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Seanna (d20+4) and rolled 5.
[18:31] <+Nym> @roll d20+9 
[18:31] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+9 and gets 13."
[18:31] <+Jenna> d20+7
[18:31] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+7) and rolled 22.
[18:31] <+Seanna> ((ick..she couldn't sense a dead body rotting in the summer!))
[18:31] <.da_GM> (( Seanna is looking in the wrong direction with that roll ))
[18:31] <+Jenna> ((ewwwwwwwwww))
[18:31] <.da_GM> (( this IS summer for the characters ))
[18:32] <+Kanax> ((after stepping outside, I'm having trouble suspending disbelief))
[18:32] <+Seanna> ((well then she cuoldn't smell rigormortis!
[18:32] <+Seanna> ((she has nasty allergies, I guess!))
[18:32] <+Jenna> ((natural rolls were 4,7,1,4 and 15 thank God))
[18:32] <.da_GM> (( lol Kanax ))
[18:32] <+Jenna> ((LOL))
[18:33] <+Jenna> "those trees are dead"
[18:33] <+Jenna> "Delan, more to the left..."
[18:33] * +Lars_Revik looks at James
[18:33] <+James> "Which ones, Jenna?"
[18:34] * +Jenna points up ahead in the distance to the left
[18:34] <+Jenna> "those two, the big ones"
[18:34] <.da_GM> (( you can see them with a nother spot check +2 bonus for jenna pointing them out ))
[18:34] <+Kanax> d20+4
[18:34] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+4) and rolled 10.
[18:34] <+Lars_Revik> d20+5
[18:34] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Lars_Revik (d20+5) and rolled 22.
[18:34] <+Seanna> d20+6
[18:34] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Seanna (d20+6) and rolled 14.
[18:34] <+Kanax> ((ain't happening))
[18:34] <+James> d20+8
[18:34] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 17.
[18:34] <+Lars_Revik> "I think I see them now.."
[18:34] <+Jenna> ((at least the druid sees them this time LOL))
[18:34] <+Nym> @roll d20+11 
[18:34] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+11 and gets 13."
[19:09] <.da_GM> d20+5
[19:09] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for da_GM (d20+5) and rolled 8.
[19:10] * +Lars_Revik looks towards James again..
[19:10] * +Kanax looks up from his position, "Two of what?"
[19:10] <+Lars_Revik> "Those trees, Kanax.. look."
[19:10] <.da_GM> *Delan* "So where are we going ... All i see are live trees"
[19:10] <+James> "I don't know.  Let's go in for a look."
[19:10] * +Lars_Revik points for Kanax to see
[19:11] <+Nym> ::To the Group:: "Two trees so you can string up someone inbetween them." 
[19:11] <.da_GM> *the skiff continues going in the directions given to Delan*
[19:11] * +Lars_Revik goes over to Delan, and points over his shoulder to show him the area in question.
[19:11] <+Nym> "Upside down, Just as I have seen." 
[19:12] <+James> "When . . . and where?"
[19:12] <+Lars_Revik> "Look there, Delan."
[19:12] <+Nym> ::Looks where Lars indicates:: 
[19:13] <.da_GM> (( spot check Nym +2 ))
[19:13] <+Nym> @roll d20+11 
[19:13] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+11 and gets 13."
[19:13] <+Nym> ((not my day to be on look out)) 
[19:13] <+Lars_Revik> (( lol ))
[19:14] <.da_GM> *all you see is forest, trees of various sizes and shapes ... green and alive*
[19:14] <+James> "Can we stop and take a look?  I'll show you then, Nym."
[19:14] * +Lars_Revik grimaces
[19:14] <+Nym> ::Frustrated:: "I can feel it but can not see them." 
[19:15] <+Jenna> "must be the spell from last night still working on you"
[19:15] <+Nym> "Humph, perhaps I'm not as rested as I thought." 
[19:15] * +Jenna nods sympathetically
[19:15] <.da_GM> *Delan* "So where are we going ... "
[19:16] * +Lars_Revik puts his right hand on the pommel of his sword, and walks to the port bow, looking at the burnt area of the forest.
[19:16] <+Kanax> "Wherever Jenna directs you, Sergeant."
[19:16] * +Jenna points a bit more to the left
[19:16] <+Jenna> "ahead that way"
[19:17] <+Lars_Revik> (( sorry, left hand on the pommel of my sword ))
[19:17] <.da_GM> *delan steers the skiff and low hill comes into view, there on the hill are 2 trees, oaks by the look of them, tall like most of the trees in the area ... but they are dead, no leaves growing on them ... 
[19:18] * +Lars_Revik sniffs the air.
[19:19] <.da_GM> *Delan slows the skiff and comes to a stop about 8 yards away from the base of the trees
[19:19] <+Lars_Revik> "James, is it possible its some kind of blight?"
[19:19] <+James> "I dont know."
[19:19] <+Jenna> "with all the other trees healthy?  I think not"
[19:19] * +James debarks and goes over to the trees.
[19:19] <+Lars_Revik> "Sometimes it doesnt spread.. so Ive been told, Jenna"
[19:20] <+Kanax> ((no debarking dead trees))
[19:20] * +Lars_Revik follows James
[19:20] <+Nym> ::Jumps down and walks to the trees:: 
[19:20] <+Lars_Revik> "Carefull lad.. Im right behind you, just in case"
[19:20] * +Lars_Revik takes out his sword.
[19:20] <+Nym> ::Nods to Lars:: 
[19:20] * +Lars_Revik looks at Nym, and makes a sign as to look about.
[19:21] <.da_GM> *the trees look to be dead ... and even around them for a few feet there is nothing growing either 
[19:21] * +Jenna looks up into the branches
[19:21] <+Jenna> "what in the world..."
[19:21] * +James carefully examines the trees physically first.
[19:21] * +Seanna touches the branches
[19:21] <+Jenna> "James look up there"
[19:21] * +Kanax leaves the skiff as well, approaching cautiously.
[19:21] <.da_GM> *the branch breaks at Seanna's touch, snapping like a very dry and old twig*
[19:22] * +James looks where Jenna indicates.
[19:22] <+Nym> ::Steps to one of the trees and places his hands on it:: 
[19:22] <+Seanna> "hmmn, that is definitely odd"
[19:22] * +Lars_Revik looks around into the forest, making sure no surprises come out of the underbrush.
[19:22] <+Seanna> "it shouldn't have crumbled as quickly"
[19:22] <.da_GM> *jenna has pointed out several ropes hanging from the trees
[19:23] <+Nym> ::Closes his eyes as he places his hands on the tree:: 
[19:23] <+James> ??Anything hanging on them?
[19:23] <+Lars_Revik> "This is a dead place... "
[19:23] * +Seanna ignore Lars
[19:23] <+Nym> @roll d20+10 
[19:23] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+10 and gets 13."
[19:23] <.da_GM> *the ropes are empty and the ends have been cut
[19:25] <+Lars_Revik> "Its as if the trees died with the ones hung upon them..."
[19:26] * Zizany (Zizany@Toronto-HSE-ppp3730004.sympatico.ca) has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:26] * +James put his hands on the tree that Nym is not putting his hands on.
[19:26] <+Nym> ::Removes his hands as if burnt:: 
[19:26] <+Seanna> D20+3
[19:26] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Seanna (D20+3) and rolled 19.
[19:26] * +Lars_Revik looks away from the trees, and back into the forest, slowly rotating to cast his gaze in 360 degrees
[19:27] * +Kanax looks to Nym, "Your vision?"
[19:27] <+Jenna> "Nym, are you okay?"
[19:27] <.da_GM> *these are the only trees in the area that are dead
[19:27] <+James> d20+8
[19:27] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 21.
[19:27] <+Nym> ::Looks in disgust at the lifeless trees:: "Much blood has been spilled as my vision suggested. Red robed figures did the spilling, much like the robes Michon wears but a diffrent shade." 
[19:28] <+Lars_Revik> "Are you alright, Nym?"
[19:28] <+Nym> ::Nods:: "Yes fine. Just disgusted." 
[19:29] <+Lars_Revik> "This place is evil."
[19:29] <+Nym> "Very." 
[19:29] <+Lars_Revik> "If your done, I suggest we go."
[19:29] <+Kanax> "We still have much ground to cover before dark."
[19:29] * +Jenna cringes briefly as if struck in the face
[19:30] * +Lars_Revik holds his sword with both hands, looking into the forest
[19:30] * +Kanax looks at Jenna, "Lass?"
[19:30] * +James is still concentrating on the other tree.
[19:30] <+Jenna> "I... heard a scream"
[19:30] <+Jenna> "it was gone as fast as it came"
[19:30] <+Kanax> "From where?"
[19:30] <+Lars_Revik> "This bodes not well, my friends."
[19:31] <+Nym> ::Looks to Jenna:: 
[19:31] <+Jenna> "I don't know"
[19:31] * +James gets up slowly . . .
[19:31] <+Nym> @roll d20+4 
[19:31] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+4 and gets 12."
[19:31] * +Jenna gets down off the skiff and looks for tracks of where the people in robes may have gone
[19:32] * +Lars_Revik casts an upturned eyebrow on Jenna
[19:32] <+Lars_Revik> "Is it worth it, Jenna?"
[19:32] <+Jenna> "maybe"
[19:32] <+Lars_Revik> "Then carry on.. I'll keep watch"
[19:33] * +James stands with head bowed and a look of horror and disgust oon his face.
[19:33] <+Nym> "Is it possible that they are taking power from the sacrifices?" 
[19:33] <+Jenna> d20+5
[19:33] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+5) and rolled 19.
[19:33] <+Nym> @roll d20+8 
[19:33] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+8 and gets 16."
[19:33] <+James> "Yes, they seemed to be."
[19:33] <+Lars_Revik> (brb )
[19:34] <+James> "Or using the blood to create power."
[19:34] <+Seanna> "what have you found so far?"
[19:34] <+James> "Seanna, can you give me an opinion as a wizard?"
[19:35] * +Lars_Revik continues to scan the forest outside of our area, in circling arcs
[19:35] <+Seanna> "I can try"
[19:35] <.da_GM> ! spot check lars
[19:35] <+James> "I want to show you what I saw.  It was a magical ritual."
[19:35] <+Seanna> "I was seeking the minds of the tree and grass around but I couldn't find anything"
[19:35] <+Seanna> "go ahead James"
[19:36] * +Seanna opens her mind to James
[19:36] * +James closes his eyes and shares his vision with Seanna.
[19:39] <+Lars_Revik> "Perhaps Delan should take the skiff up to have a quick look around our immediate vicinity." I say quietly.
[19:39] <.da_GM> *Delan comes from the skiff and looks around with the others*  "This just like the rumors ... but no body"
[19:39] <+Seanna> @@Oh My Lord James!  That is horrible!@@
[19:39] * +Lars_Revik looks at Delan as he is speaking...
[19:40] <+James> @@Yes . . . @@
[19:40] <+Lars_Revik> "What rumors?" I say to Delan.
[19:40] <+Seanna> @@and yet, I didn't sense that from Michon or the woman@@
[19:41] <+Seanna> @@can they be innocent dupes?@@
[19:41] <+Nym> ::To James and Seanna:: "An elf. Upside down and spread eagle. Then cut and allowed to drain his lifes blood to the groud, yes?" 
[19:41] <+James> @@I know it's not something you would ever do, Seanna, but does your training as a wizard offer any insights on who they are or what they were doing?@@
[19:41] <+Seanna> "I saw a man..not necessarily an Elf though, Nym"
[19:42] * +Jenna stands and points southwest
[19:42] <+Jenna> "they went that way I think"
[19:42] <+Jenna> "unfortunately I can't really tell much more"
[19:42] <+Nym> ::Nods:: "Just like my vision." 
[19:42] <+Seanna> @@a sacrifice, James...evil, to be sure...who would do it?  Mages...likely from their clothing@@
[19:42] * +Lars_Revik looks at the others.. "What the hell is going on? I know your using that 'mind-talk'.. what are you saying to one another?"
[19:43] <.da_GM> *Delan to Lars* "There have been rumors from near the paradisian board of people disappearing and later found murdered and strung up in dead trees."
[19:43] <+James> "Sorry, Lars. It's just easier.  I saw the same thing Nym did, basically."
[19:43] * +Lars_Revik looks back at Delan. "And no one ever investigated this?"
[19:43] <.da_GM> (( border that is ))
[19:44] <+James> d20+3
[19:44] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+3) and rolled 13.
[19:44] <+Lars_Revik> (( I understand you by now, Bynw :P ))
[19:44] <+Seanna> @@James, this could be connected to the mage I was originally asked to search for!@@
[19:44] <+Lars_Revik> "Saw what, James?"
[19:45] <+Kanax> "They have."
[19:45] <.da_GM> *Delan* "It is being investigated.  By the Bloodguard and some druids came about a month ago too"
[19:45] <+James> "Nym, is the Baron a wizard?"
[19:45] * +Lars_Revik nods to Delan, but looks back to James
[19:46] <+Nym> :::To James:: "I don't know." 
[19:46] <+James> "Saw a human sacrifice, Lars, and a magical ritual."
[19:46] <+Nym> "It's possible." 
[19:46] <+Lars_Revik> "Necromancy?"
[19:46] <+Kanax> ::His eyes darken at the mention of the Bloodguard.  But he turns to the others:: "How long since others have been here?"
[19:47] <+Lars_Revik> "I know the word, I only know a hint of what it truely means..."
[19:48] <+Jenna> "I cannot tell, Kanax"
[19:48] <+James> "What hapened here took plae about 3-5 days ago, I'd say."
[19:48] <+James> ((took place))
[19:49] <+Lars_Revik> "Bah! What shall we do? Stand and conjecture, or to action?"
[19:49] <+James> "I keep getting the feeling I'd met the victim, too.  but I can't figure out who he was."
[19:49] <+Nym> "Around the time of my Vision." 
[19:49] * +Kanax ponders, "Does your vision show more than just these two trees, Nym?"
[19:50] * +Jenna looks sharply at James
[19:50] <+Jenna> "male or female?"
[19:50] <+James> "Male."
[19:51] * +Lars_Revik feels a sharp drop in his gut
[19:51] <+Lars_Revik> "Not the person that was to give us the silver weapons... was it?"
[19:51] * +Jenna immediately goes to put her hand on the tree
[19:52] <+Jenna> "dammit"
[19:52] * +Jenna shakes her head and goes over to James
[19:52] <+Lars_Revik> "If the Bloodguard saw us dealing with him.. someone else might have seen as well"
[19:52] <+Jenna> "show me"
[19:52] <+Kanax> That was less than a few days ago..
[19:53] <+James> d20+3
[19:53] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+3) and rolled 8.
[19:54] <+James> I don;t think it was David, Lars."
[19:54] <+Lars_Revik> "I would hope not.. I always trust those that would help me.. or our party."
[19:54] * +James turns to Jenna.
[19:54] <+Nym> ::To Kanax:: "No just two trees though I get the impression of more." 
[19:54] <+James> "Are you ready?"
[19:55] * +Jenna nods
[19:55] * +Kanax walks the perimeter of dead foliage.
[19:55] * +Lars_Revik looks to Kanax, and then looks around again for any signs of intruders.
[19:56] <.da_GM> *the dead folliage only extends a little way from the trees and doesnt reach where teh skiff is waiting 
[19:57] <+Lars_Revik> "I think this is only a clue for us in the larger scope of things.. I think we should leave here, and find the source of this."
[19:57] * +Jenna takes James' hand
[19:57] <.da_GM> ! spot check Lars
[19:57] <+Lars_Revik> d20+3
[19:57] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Lars_Revik (d20+3) and rolled 14.
[19:57] <.da_GM> ! spot check Kanax
[19:57] <+Kanax> d20+2
[19:57] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+2) and rolled 15.
[19:57] * +Jenna closes her eyes briefly then opens them, panting and pale
[19:58] <+Jenna> "good God"
[19:58] <+Seanna> "what did you see Jenna?@@
[19:58] <+Seanna> "
[19:58] <+Seanna> ((sorry about that))
[19:58] * +Kanax stops suddenly, holding up one hand, to indicate quiet.
[19:58] <+Jenna> "the same thing he showed you"
[19:58] <+Jenna> ((whispering))
[19:58] <+Seanna> "oh..."
[19:58] * +Lars_Revik stops dead in his movements..
[19:59] * +Lars_Revik looks only by moving his eyes
[20:00] * +Jenna looks at Kanax questioningly
[20:00] * +Lars_Revik looks to what Kanax might be seeing
[20:00] * +Kanax retrieves a piece of heavy cloth from his belt. Stepping lightly he peaves the perimeter into the woods just a bit.
[20:01] * +Kanax bends down, and wraps something in the cloth, before picking it up. He returns to James, and unwraps it, never touching it himself. "Perhaps you can sense something from this?"
[20:02] <+Nym> ::Walks over to peer at what Kanax has:: 
[20:02] <+Kanax> :: unwraps a knife, with about an 8 inch blade.  The handle looks to be carved from a bone, perhaps a humanoid ::
[20:02] * +James looks at it.
[20:02] * +Lars_Revik relaxes a bit
[20:02] * +Seanna goes over to take a look also
[20:02] <+Seanna> "may I?"
[20:03] <+James> d20+3
[20:03] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+3) and rolled 13.
[20:03] * +Seanna looks to James
[20:03] <+James> "That's a druid ceremonial blade."
[20:03] * +Kanax quirks an eyebrow.
[20:04] <+Seanna> "James, may I have a closer look and a touch at it?"
[20:04] <+James> "This belonged to the victim."
[20:05] <+James> "I remember him now, he was a druid I'd met."
[20:05] <+Lars_Revik> "Kanax.. look here... if you will."
[20:05] <+Seanna> "James, may I have that blade?  I may be able to find out more!"
[20:05] * +Kanax looks over to Lars, still holding the cloth for James's inspection.
[20:05] <+Lars_Revik> "Kanax.. come over here, please."
[20:05] <+James> "With respect, Seanna, I should try first.  If I fail, you're welcome to try."
[20:06] <+Seanna> "alright James"
[20:06] * +Kanax hands the cloth and the dagger as one to James.
[20:06] <+James> "He was one of my people."
[20:06] * +Kanax moves over to Lars, "Yes?"
[20:06] <+Seanna> "I understand James"
[20:06] * +Lars_Revik points to the ground.. "Look at the turf, and look at these broken branches.. there was a fight here."
[20:07] * +James holds the knife and closes his slightly moist eyes in concentration.
[20:07] * +Kanax nods, "There was. It's times like this when I wish Jaden were still with us. He'd probably even be able to tell us what the combatants had for lunch."
[20:08] * +Jenna smiles at Kanax
[20:08] * +Lars_Revik looks at the ground, then at the tree, then, back to Kanax.
[20:08] <+James> d20+8
[20:08] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 16.
[20:08] * +Kanax investigates anyway, trying to discern what happened.
[20:08] <+Lars_Revik> "I would venture to say whoever had that knife fought here, at least..."
[20:09] * +Lars_Revik looks for any drag marks on the ground leading to the tree
[20:09] * +Kanax nods, "Most likely."
[20:09] * +Lars_Revik looks for blood on the foliage
[20:10] * +James opens his eyes.
[20:10] <.da_GM> ! the drag marks are clearly there
[20:10] <+Lars_Revik> !! DM, any sign of blood loss or .. :P !!
[20:11] <.da_GM> !! no sign of blood loss
[20:11] <+Kanax> ((DNA Samples? :)))
[20:11] <+Jenna> ((LOL))
[20:11] <+Lars_Revik> "The attacker must have done his work here, then drug the victim to the trees."
[20:11] <+James> "I saw one of the attacker's faces this time.  Definitely a human."
[20:12] <+Nym> ::Extends his hand to James:: "Can you show me?" 
[20:12] <+Seanna> "James, may I see the knife?"
[20:12] * +Lars_Revik looks beyond the initial crime scene.. then back into the wood..
[20:12] <+Kanax> "If you think this is happening more than once, Nym, I'd wager each location is used only once."
[20:12] <+Jenna> "perhaps we should all See that, so we can identify him if we see him later"
[20:12] <+Lars_Revik> ?? Any sign of activity out into the wood leading to the place the knife was found, DM ??
[20:12] <.da_GM> !! Lars do you have Tracking feat?
[20:13] <+Lars_Revik> !! NO, dammit, though I wish I did !!
[20:13] <.da_GM> !! then tehre is no sign
[20:13] <+Lars_Revik> !! then your doing a fine job DM !!
[20:13] * +Seanna steps up closer to James
[20:14] <+James> "Do you want try for more, Seanna?"
[20:14] <+Lars_Revik> "Show me his face James"
[20:14] <+Nym> "I thought two druids came to Einar where is the second?" 
[20:15] <+Seanna> "yes James"
[20:15] <+Seanna> "may I?"
[20:15] <+Lars_Revik> (( brb ))
[20:15] <+James> ::nods and hands Seanna the knife:: 
[20:16] * Zizany (Zizany@Toronto-HSE-ppp3730004.sympatico.ca) has left #Teara-Adan
[20:16] * +James goes over to Jenna "Do you want to see?"
[20:16] <+Seanna> ((waits for the GM))
[20:16] <+Seanna> "yes"
[20:16] <+Lars_Revik> (( back ))
[20:17] <+James> ::looks back to Seanna:: "You want mine first?  Okay."
[20:19] <+Seanna> "not yet, James, let me see what I get first and then we can compare"
[20:19] <+Jenna> "yes, James"
[20:19] <+James> "Okay."
[20:19] <+Lars_Revik> "The knock out blow was delivered over there, in the periphery, and then he was dragged to these trees, to be slaughtered..James, can you show me the face you saw?"
[20:19] * +Jenna takes James hand again briefly closing her eyes
[20:19] * +James shares with Jenna over the mental contact he made earlier
[20:20] <+Nym> ::Sighs at being ignored and moves to the area the druid was attacked:: 
[20:20] * +Jenna releases James' hand, opening her eyes and looking very sad
[20:21] <+James> ::turns to Lars:: "I don't know if I can give an image to a non-deryni.  I doubt it."
[20:21] <+Lars_Revik> "Will you at least try?
[20:21] <+Lars_Revik> "
[20:22] <+Nym> @roll d20+9 
[20:22] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+9 and gets 29."
[20:22] * +Jenna goes over to Nym, placing a hand on his shoulder
[20:22] <+Nym> ((nice)) 
[20:22] <+Jenna> ((finally))
[20:22] * +James nods to Lars
[20:22] <.da_GM> (( i hate you ))
[20:23] <+Nym> ((lol)) 
[20:23] <+Lars_Revik> (( gotta make mor stuff up, eh, Bynw? ))
[20:23] <+Lars_Revik> (( more, even :P ))
[20:23] <+James> "Just relax, Lars, and try not to fight it."
[20:23] * +Lars_Revik holds out his hand, with his glove off
[20:24] * +James takes Lars' hand.
[20:24] * +Lars_Revik closes his eyes...
[20:25] * +Lars_Revik opens his eyes like lightning bolts
[20:25] <+Lars_Revik> 'GAH!"
[20:26] <+Lars_Revik> "I see the truth of it."
[20:27] <+Lars_Revik> "That knife.. belonged to the victim. The attackers.. I did see one face."
[20:27] <+James> "You saw what I saw."
[20:27] <+Lars_Revik> "Why would he hide the knife, James?"
[20:27] <+Seanna> ((anyone, what level spell is scry?))
[20:28] <+Lars_Revik> SCry is a skill, isnt it?
[20:28] <+Seanna> ((not anymore))
[20:28] <+Seanna> ((it's supposed to be a spell))
[20:28] <+Lars_Revik> (( Ill look ))
[20:28] <+Nym> ::Nods to himself:: 
[20:28] <+Lars_Revik> (( 3 Druid, 4 Wiz))
[20:29] <+Nym> ::Seems to study the ground and surrounding foliage carefully:: 
[20:29] <+Lars_Revik> (( ups, no, its 4th for both ))
[20:29] <+Lars_Revik> (( cleric 5th )(
[20:29] <+James> "Well, Lars, it should go back to his family . . . ad he certainly wouldn;t want it used as a murder weapon."
[20:29] <+Nym> "Six attackers. Rode in, one horse rode double." 
[20:29] <+Lars_Revik> "What do you mean 'as a murder weapon' ?"
[20:30] <+Nym> "They tied up the horses over by where the skiff is now." 
[20:30] <+James> "If the attackers had found it, they might have used it in their rituals of death."
[20:30] <+Nym> "The druid came alone. The rest you know." 
[20:31] <+Lars_Revik> "Why are Druids being murdered all across the land?"
[20:31] <+Nym> "Unless one of the druids was shapeshifted." 
[20:32] <+James> "That would be a possible defense, Nym."
[20:32] <+Lars_Revik> "He didnt look shape shifted to me.. when he was killed"
[20:33] <+Lars_Revik> "You think they thought he was a werewolf?"
[20:34] <+Nym> "No I'm just wondering where the other druid is. Two came to Einar together. But one seems to have vanished before this place." 
[20:34] <+Lars_Revik> "The lines of good and evil are becoming more blurred all the time.. If we are going to survive this, we are all going to have to stop distrusting one another."
[20:35] * +Seanna will trust James' judgment
[20:35] <+James> "Yes, he could have wildshaped and gone back to Camidus to report."
[20:35] * +Kanax (Destron@adsl-68-251-252-87.dsl.bltnin.ameritech.net) Quit (User has been mind-ripped)
[20:35] <.da_GM> *Delan* "Nym is right.  Two druids did come to Einar from Paradise.  They stopped at Quiette castle."
[20:35] <+Nym> "The Attackers left to the southwest from here." 
[20:36] <+James> "Want me to try and track them, Nym?"
[20:36] <+Lars_Revik> (( Seanna, you cant make ambiguous thought statements like that for anyone to RP off of ))
[20:36] <+Nym> "If you can yes James." 
[20:36] <.da_GM> *Delan looks that direction*  "Keep going that way and we will reach the border to Paradise in about 2 weeks"
[20:37] <+Nym> ::Points out the tracks for james too pick up the scent:: 
[20:37] <+Nym> "Can I see the vision of the man as well James?" 
[20:37] <+Seanna> ((why not?))
[20:38] <+Lars_Revik> (( because its meta gaming ))
[20:38] <+Nym> ((got ignored last time I asked)) 
[20:38] <+Seanna> ((saying she will trust James is NOT metagaming, she's known James long enough now to say that))
[20:38] <+Seanna> ((and Jenna too))
[20:38] <+James> "Okay, Nym.  Ready?"
[20:38] <+Lars_Revik> (( but your not saying it.. your just typing it ))
[20:39] <+Seanna> ((slash me is saying it))
[20:39] <+Nym> ::Nods to James:: 
[20:39] <+Seanna> ((read the rules))
[20:39] <+Lars_Revik> (( whatever ))
[20:39] * +James shares his vision with Nym.
[20:39] * Kanax (Kanax@adsl-68-251-252-87.dsl.bltnin.ameritech.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:40] <+Nym> ((wb)) 
[20:40] <+Lars_Revik> (( wb Kanax ))
[20:40] <+Seanna> ((wb))
[20:40] * da_GM sets mode: +v Kanax
[20:40] <+Kanax> (( Can someone catch me up from: [21:34] <Nym> "No I'm just wondering where the other druid is. Two came to Einar together. But one seems to have vanished before this place." ))?
[20:41] <+Nym> ((do I recognize the man in the vision by any chance?)) 
[20:41] <.da_GM> !int check nym
[20:42] * +James then turns to see if he can track the attackers back.
[20:42] <+Kanax> "Which leads one to think another sacrifice site exists, or another druid is still running around.
[20:42] <+James> d20+8
[20:42] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 23.
[20:42] <+Kanax> ((in response to the last thing I saw before that))
[20:45] <+Nym> @roll d20+3 
[20:45] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+3 and gets 15."
[20:45] <+Lars_Revik> (( I suppose I could extrapolate a look of trust on your face for James , Seanna ))
[20:46] <+Nym> ::his eyes widen in recognition:: 
[20:46] <+Nym> "I know this man." 
[20:46] <+James> "They went this way."
[20:46] <+Lars_Revik> "Hold on Kanax, are you implying that Druids are carrying out these sacrifices? I had thought that it was the Druids being killed, not the other way around"
[20:47] <+Nym> "The one from James mind." 
[20:47] <+Kanax> "No, I'm implying that if one died like this, the other may have as well."
[20:47] <+Lars_Revik> "That makes more sense"
[20:47] <+Nym> "I've seen this man before." 
[20:47] <+Lars_Revik> "Who is he, Nym?"
[20:48] <.da_GM> *Delan heads back for the skiff to follow slowly while James goes ahead on foot*
[20:48] <+Nym> ::His eyes glaze over as his mind races in thought:: 
[20:48] <+Lars_Revik> "You know him, but cant remember his name?"
[20:49] * Seanna is now known as Mistyck
[20:49] <+Lars_Revik> (( whats up Mistyck? ))
[20:49] <+Nym> "I did not hear his name. he is a druid. One of the many who was assigned to my lands with James by command of the arch druid himself." 
[20:50] <+Mistyck> I don't like other players telling me how to play my character!
[20:50] * +Mistyck will see everyone later if then!
[20:50] * +Mistyck (Mistyck@h-67-101-68-8.hstqtx02.dynamic.covad.net) has left #Teara-Adan
[20:50] <.da_GM> (( keep going ))
[20:50] <+Kanax> (( uh, ok ))
[20:51] <+Lars_Revik> (( wow ))
[20:51] * Mistyck (Mistyck@h-67-101-68-8.hstqtx02.dynamic.covad.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:51] * Mistyck sets mode: +v Mistyck
[20:51] <+Lars_Revik> "This means.. the Arch Druid might be implicated in this"
[20:52] <+Kanax> "I doubt it.  I thought the Arch Druid sent them to investigate?"
[20:53] <+Lars_Revik> "Nothing is ever as it seems, Kanax."
[20:53] <+Nym> "I doubt it as well Kanax. I've met the arch druid he is a good man." 
[20:54] <+Kanax> "True, but right now, we should try to find what is happening now, what has happened in the past."
[20:54] <+Lars_Revik> "Perhaps we should report this to the Arch Druid. What do you think , James?"
[20:54] * +James is off tracking.
[20:54] <+Lars_Revik> ( shit, sorry ))
[20:55] <+Lars_Revik> "Perhaps we should let James in on this, fellows."
[20:55] <.da_GM> *Delan pulls up the skiff* "Hope on or walk before we lose our scout"
[20:55] * +Lars_Revik notices the skiff is going slowly after James
[20:56] <.da_GM> (hop the is )
[20:56] * +Kanax boards.
[20:56] * +Lars_Revik jumps up on the skiff
[20:56] * +Jenna jumps onto the skiff also
[20:57] <+Lars_Revik> "Lets go, Nym." Lars holds out his hand to assist Nym on board.
[20:57] * Mistyck is now known as Seanna
[20:57] * +Seanna will follow along, going along with whatever James and Jenna want
[20:59] <+Nym> ::Jumps aboard the skiff:: 
[20:59] <.da_GM> (( need another skill check mr tracker ))
[20:59] <+James> d20+8
[20:59] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 12.
[20:59] <+Lars_Revik> ?? Can I talk to James ??
[21:00] <.da_GM> !! you can yell at him !!
[21:00] <+James> ((Yes, it's not a psionic power.))
[21:01] <+Lars_Revik> "James! Nym knows the person in your vision! We might tell the Arch Druid!" I yell ! :P
[21:01] <+Jenna> ((LOL))
[21:01] <+Lars_Revik> (( :P ))
[21:01] <.da_GM> *james foll
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member