Chapter 2 Episode 13

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:45:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

* Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1000ms delay
[19:45] <.Bynw> *** The World Changes - Chapter 2, Episode 13 ***
[19:45] <.Bynw> *** Beginning recap of previous session ***
[19:45] <.Bynw> .
[19:45] <.Bynw> *Meeting back at the tavern tent where David Seafort was to give the party silvered weapons in
[19:45] <.Bynw> case they ran a foul any were creatures while travelling the Einar woods this night.  They have
[19:45] <.Bynw> found that he is gone.  A serving girl hands Nym a note.*
[19:45] <.Bynw> *Sgt Delan Arranth has aquired an airskiff for the use of the party and will be the one piloting
[19:45] <.Bynw> the boat as he is the only one skilled to do so.  Leaving the others at the tavern tent he has
[19:45] <.Bynw> gone to ready the ship and will meet the others near the Arch on the outer wall.*
[19:45] <.Bynw> *** End of Recap ***
* Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:46] <+Lars_Revik> !!Am I at the tavern, or still at the tent with Seanna?!!
[19:46] * +Seanna returns to the Tavern tent
[19:46] <.Bynw> !! everyone is at the tavern !!
[19:47] <+Lars_Revik> ((nm!!))
[19:47] * +Lars_Revik looks about the group of his friends.. "So, I suppose we arent going to get the weapons we wanted..."
[19:48] <.Bynw> *Kanax* "Time's awaisting ... Tis already after midnight"
[19:48] <+James> "I don't know.  David was gone when I got here."
[19:49] <+Lars_Revik> James: "Shall we depart now?"
[19:49] <+James> "If he's making them, I hate to stiff him, even if we don't need tham as bad now."
[19:49] * +Seanna thinks we should wait for a little bit longer
[19:50] <+Lars_Revik> ((are you saying that, or thinking it? ))
[19:50] <+Seanna> ((saying it))
[19:51] * +Lars_Revik looks at Seanna: "That does sound reasonable.. " then after a pause, "No need to rush off now."
[19:51] <+Seanna> "Let us give David SeaForth a few more hours"
[19:51] <.Bynw> ?? how long do you wait ??
[19:51] * +Lars_Revik looks to see if everyone agrees with Seanna.
[19:52] <+James> "I'm going to check the forge."
[19:52] <+Lars_Revik> "Ill go with , if you dont mind, James?"
[19:52] <+James> "Glad for the complany, Lars."
[19:52] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye!" 
[19:53] <.Bynw> *Kanax* "It will be daylight in a few more hours.  I thought time was of the upmost urgency in this."
[19:53] * +Lars_Revik stands and goes with James to the Forge
[19:53] <+Seanna> ((no more than 2 hours?))
[19:53] * +James heads out of the tavern and looks for a guard to ask directions to the forge.
[19:55] <.Bynw> *James gets direction to the forge that the Seaforts use in tent city.  Once arriving there ... David is not there and there is no sign of him.  However there is a finished silver scimitar.*
[19:55] <+Lars_Revik> James: "Looks like your scimitar is ready, James."
[19:55] <+Nym> ::Stays at the tavern enjoying himself and a bit of tabac in a pipe:: 
[19:56] * +Seanna stays at the tavern also..eating and drinking some ale
[19:56] * +James takes the scimitar, "Well, if I don't see David in a couple hours, I'll owe him."
[19:56] * +Jenna stays in the tavern with Nym and Seanna
[19:56] <.Bynw> *Kanax* "I better let the Sgt know we are gonna be leaving later than planed"  *he gets up and leaves heading for the Archway*
[19:57] <+Lars_Revik> "Maybe we should head back and tell the others David isnt to be found.. it might hasten our departure, eh, James?"
[19:57] <+James> "Good idea.  Let's go."
[19:57] <+Lars_Revik> "aye."
[19:58] * +James heads back to the tavern.
[19:58] * +Lars_Revik walks along with James.. looking around for a glimps of the skyskiff.
[20:00] <.Bynw> !! its a different direction from the forge !!
[20:00] <+Lars_Revik> !! Im just looking to see if I can see it.. not going to it !!
[20:01] <.Bynw> (( that would be a "no" you cant see it :-) ))
[20:01] <+Lars_Revik> (( very well SkyCaptain :P ))
[20:01] <+Nym> ::Looks to Jenna and Seanna over a mug of Ale:: "Game of Cards?" 
[20:01] <+Jenna> sure!
[20:02] * +Jenna grins
[20:02] <+Jenna> ((if you guys want to rp that I know a place ;) ))
[20:02] <+Jenna> ((later, maybe LOL))
[20:03] <+Seanna> "sure, Nym!"
[20:03] <+Nym> ::Asks the Bartender for a deck and then grabs a table for the group:: 
[20:04] <.Bynw> *James and Lars return to the tavern tent after being gone no more than 45 minutes*
[20:04] <.Bynw> *cards and games are plentyful(
[20:04] * +Lars_Revik walks over to the bar for an ale.. then heads to the table with the others.
[20:04] <+Nym> ::Enters into an established game at one of the tables:: 
[20:05] * +Jenna follows Nym
[20:05] <+James> "No sign of David at the forge."
[20:06] <.Bynw> !! if you dont have Profession:Gambling as a skill ... you will win some and lose some ... ))
[20:06] * +Lars_Revik says "Aye" to James' comment, and whipes foam off his lip...
[20:06] <+Nym> ::Takes a pull from his pipe and relaxes at one of the games:: 
[20:06] <+Lars_Revik> (( beer foam, that is ))
[20:07] <+James> ((Darn, I figured it was rabies . . . ))
[20:07] <+Lars_Revik> (( I was waiting for that ))
[20:09] <+Lars_Revik> "I suppose I'll try my hand at some poker..." I look for a seat at one of the card-playing tables.
[20:10] * +James sits at an unoccupied table and takes in the sights and the sounds, trying to unwind a bit.
[20:10] <.Bynw> !! the games are good, the money lost is ok, but the local gossip is more than worth the price paid ... there have been rumors floating in from the south of einar of a cult of vampires killing villagers and leaving their bodies in the forest strung up between trees*
[20:11] * +Lars_Revik gets up after a bit, and goes over to talk with James about what he heard at the tables.
[20:11] <+Nym> ??Can we get an area from the rumors? 
[20:12] <.Bynw> !! south and east near the paradisian border !!
[20:12] <.Bynw> !! 6 days ride !!
[20:14] <+Nym> ??How fast by airship?? 
[20:14] <.Bynw> !! depends on how fast it goes !!
[20:16] <.Bynw> *Kanax comes back into the tavern*  "You're back!  Are we leaving then?  The Sgt is outside..."
[20:17] * +Lars_Revik looks at Kanax, and then to the others.
[20:17] <+Lars_Revik> "Im ready." I say matter-of-factly.
[20:18] <+James> "I'm ready too."
[20:19] * +Jenna tries to ignore the others and still play cards a bit
[20:19] * +Seanna keeps trying her luck also
[20:20] <+Nym> ::Puffs a bit at his pipe and looks rather confused at his cards makking it obvious he is a novice gambler:: 
[20:21] <+Lars_Revik> (( lord of einar a novice gambler? dont say it! :P ))
[20:22] <.Bynw> (( he is the lord of Tennes in Adan, nothing to do with Einar ))
[20:22] <+Nym> ::Looks up from his cards a bit startled to see everyone gathered back in the tavern tent:: 
[20:23] <.Bynw> *one of the other players at the card table wins the pot with a straight flush and smiles a bit has he takes the money*
[20:23] * +Jenna just shakes her head in disbelief
[20:23] <+Jenna> "and me with a full house, damn!"
[20:23] * +Seanna is just glad she folded a while back
[20:24] * +Jenna gets up from the table
[20:24] <+Jenna> *mumbles* "I'll take my chances with the airship"
[20:24] * +Seanna follows, saying to the fellas "see ya'll later with a wink and a naughty smile"
[20:25] <+Nym> ::Puts his cards down:: "Sorry gentelmen but I seem to have a bit of business" : 
[20:25] * +Lars_Revik looks sideways at Seanna "with a wink and a naught smile? You sure know how to say goodbye, Seanna!"
[20:26] <+Nym> ::Walks to the bar and drops off the rest of his ale and gathers his few belongings:: 
[20:26] * +Seanna arches her eyebrows at Lars and with a toss of her hair, walks away
[20:27] <.Bynw> *Kanax leads them outside to the waiting airskiff, which is now floating just a foot off the ground outside the tavern tent*
[20:28] * +Lars_Revik takes on the countanence of hate, then, smiles.
[20:28] <+Seanna> ((Oliphants!))
[20:28] <.Bynw> *Delan gives them a nod* "Lets get onboard so we can get out of here.  Make sure you stow your belongings well"
[20:29] * +Lars_Revik nods to Delan, and gets his gear stowed, then, takes a spot on deck.
[20:29] * +James leaves the tavern, enters the airship, and stows the moneychest well.
[20:29] * +Jenna sees the skiff and almost barfs right there
[20:30] <+Lars_Revik> "How fast is she, Delan?" I say to the Sgt.
[20:30] * +Seanna hops onto the Skiff enegetically and stows away her belongings
[20:30] <+Jenna> "y-y-you want me to ride in - THAT?!?!"
[20:30] <.Bynw> *the skiff (as noted before looks similar to the ones use in Jedi on tatooine that carried Luke and the others to the sarlacc pit) no sails, an railing, in the back 2 large "wings" for steering and a bunch of levers that Delan has his hands on*
[20:30] <+Seanna> ((ooh...Liv Tyler!))
[20:31] <.Bynw> *there are no seats, but one can sit on the floor - the craft is made entirely of wood*
[20:31] * +Lars_Revik stands near Delan, gripping the rail.
[20:31] <.Bynw> "twice as fast as a horse" *Delan says*
[20:31] * +Jenna looks at James pleadingly
[20:31] * +Lars_Revik smiles at Delan. "Thats mighty fast, mister."
[20:32] * +James shrugs at Jenna.
[20:32] <+Jenna> "oh God"
[20:32] <.Bynw> *Kanax helps Jenna on the skiff*  "Up you go!"
[20:32] * +Jenna climbs on and immediately sits UNDER whatever she can find, holding on for dear life
[20:33] <.Bynw> *the skiff doesnt move like a boat would when Jenna climbes on.  no rocking of any kind.*
[20:33] <+Lars_Revik> "What about armament, Delan? What if we are attacked?"
[20:33] * +Seanna goes over to Jenna
[20:33] <.Bynw> "YOu have a sword right?"
[20:33] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye. I thought you might say that."
[20:34] * +Seanna grabs a hold of Jenna's hand and tries to make mental contact
[20:34] <+Seanna> @@you will be alright!  trust me!@@
[20:34] <.Bynw> *Delan* "Kanax, you come back here by me so I can show you how to pilot this thing.  I will take care of the trim"
[20:34] * +Jenna rolls her eyes heavenward
[20:34] <+Seanna> @@let me take care of some of your fear@@
[20:35] <+Jenna> @@no thank you@@
[20:35] <+Seanna> @@alright...do it at your own discomfort then! :)@@
[20:35] <+Nym> ::Hops on board the skiff:: "Can this thing go upside down?" 
[20:35] <+Jenna> @@this isn't too bad so far actually@@
[20:35] <+Nym> ::Grins evilly:: 
[20:36] <+Seanna> @@alright@@
[20:36] * +Lars_Revik cuts a smile at Nym
[20:36] <.Bynw> *Delan looks at Nym*  "Not by design"
[20:36] <+Lars_Revik> "hehe!"
[20:36] <+Seanna> @@I'm here if you decide you need some assistance though@@
[20:37] <+Lars_Revik> "Is there a galley on board, Delan?"
[20:37] <+Jenna> ((a friggin galley where????))
[20:37] <.Bynw> *once everyone is onboard the skiff begins to move.  delan makes a few minor adjustements to several of the levers infront of him with one hand and with the other grabs the lever that controls the stearing vains*  "What you see is what you get..."
[20:37] <+Jenna> ((folded up under the steering box??))
[20:37] <+Lars_Revik> (( galley = kitchen ))
[20:38] <+Jenna> ((you do know what SIZE this thing is, yes?))
[20:38] <+Lars_Revik> (( If its as big as the ship on Jedi, pretty big! ))
[20:39] <.Bynw> (( it holds the party plus their gear, tehre are afew under deck storage compartments and it could hold another 2 people ... thats it ))
[20:39] <+Nym> ::To Delan:: "How far up can it go and how tight can it turn at max speeds?" 
[20:39] <+Lars_Revik> (( ok bynw ))
[20:39] <.Bynw> (( not the sail barge that jabba was on ... the little skiffs that luke and solo were on with the planks))
[20:39] <+Jenna> ((they are tiny - that's why I'm freaked out))
[20:40] * Kanax (~chatzilla@*.dsl.bltnin.ameritech.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:40] <+Seanna> ((wb Kanax))
[20:40] <Kanax> ((Hello, one moment))
[20:40] <.Bynw> *Delan as he is manipulating the skiff's controls*  "It could clear the trees if we need it too ... at top speed 45 degree turn ... but I would hang on to the railings if we make that"
[20:41] <+Nym> ::Walks to the back with Delan asking non-stop questions:: 
[20:41] <.Bynw> (( dex or balance check to keep your balance if one walks while the skiff is moving  DC 15 )(
[20:41] * +James is sitting.
[20:42] * +Seanna is sitting down with Jenna
[20:42] * +Jenna is breathing into a paper bag
[20:42] <.Bynw> * delan is keeping the skiff about 3 feet off the ground and is staying on the trail/road out of the tent city and into Einar's forest*
[20:42] <+Jenna> ((j/k ;) ))
[20:42] * Kanax is doing whatever he's supposed to do.
[20:43] * +Lars_Revik stands at the bow, holding onto the rail for saftey.
[20:43] <.Bynw> * it is much smoother than a boat on the river or sea*
[20:43] * +Jenna inches her head up to look around
[20:46] <.Bynw> *by dawn the skiff has travelled more than 30 miles from the tent city ... by horse the trip would be lucky to have reached 15 miles and the horses would be tired*
[20:46] * +Jenna actually comes out from under stuff and looks about but stays seated
[20:46] <+Lars_Revik> (( a pic I drew : http://sepulchre-moon.net/images/smallship.JPG ))
[20:46] <.Bynw> d20+6
[20:46] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+6) and rolled 17.
[20:47] * +James atands and looks around but hangs on to the rail.
[20:47] <.Bynw> (( thats more like a sail barge ))
[20:47] <+Lars_Revik> (( yeah ))
[20:48] <Kanax> "Ahh the forest of Einar..."  He smiles, with the fondness of home, but his voice belies a dislike for the forest.
[20:48] <.Bynw> *and the skiff has sailed past a village already in their trek*
[20:49] <+Jenna> ((so we aren't way up in the air but just hovering off the ground?))
[20:49] <.Bynw> (( just about 3 feet off the ground .... on average ))
[20:51] * +Jenna shrugs and gets up to her feet to see what is going on now that it is daylight
[20:51] <.Bynw> *Delan is constantly moving the levers directly in front of him, there are 5 of them*
[20:51] * +Lars_Revik gets sleepy, and tries to get comfortable enough on the deck to do so.
[20:53] <.Bynw> *Delan* "We are gonna have to stop in a few hours.  I'm thinking of maybe on of the villages up ahead.  Get a bite to eat and the like"
[20:54] <+James> "Okay, souds good."
[20:54] <Kanax> *nods* "A good idea.  Now that it's light, stopping is a bit safer."
[20:55] * +Jenna smiles at James, steadying herself on the railing
[20:56] <+Jenna> "not too bad at all"
[20:56] <+James> "Yeah, a lot smoother than a water ship."
[20:56] * Kanax smiles, "Lass, how many times have I trusted my life in your hands?  I'd not let you down."
[20:56] <.Bynw> *just as one of the villages begins to open its gates after the passing of the night, the skiff sails in ... and the people are in awe as this means the RANE has come to their village and the party is welcomed*
[20:56] * +Jenna grins sheepishly in Kanax's direction
[20:58] <+Lars_Revik> (( RANE ?))
[20:58] <Kanax> ((Royal Army and Navy of Einar))
[20:58] <+Lars_Revik> (( ty :) ))
[20:58] <+James> ((I was thinking Royal Air Navy of Einar . . . ))
[20:58] <+Jenna> ((we are going to RP the getting something to eat part - talk amongst yourselves :) ))
[20:59] <.Bynw> (( tika and i are taking 5 ... what are you doing in the village? ))
[20:59] <+Lars_Revik> (( lol! ))
[20:59] * +Lars_Revik wakes up, and scratches himself...
[20:59] <+Seanna> ((figures!))
[20:59] <.Bynw> *these villages are moer hamlet sized too btw*
[20:59] <+Lars_Revik> "were are we?" I mutter..
[21:00] * +James leads Rufus off to do his business.
[21:00] <+Nym> :::Picks up some supplies and ,curiously, feeds the birds some bread crumbs:: 
[21:00] * +Lars_Revik gets up, and wanders off to find some fresh food.. and a lavatory to clean up.
[21:00] <Kanax> The village of Takkar, I believe.
[21:01] <Kanax> If memory serves, the local inn serves a damned-fine Morning Stew.
[21:01] <+Lars_Revik> "Sounds like a good idea, Kanax. Want to join me?"
[21:02] <Kanax> "We all should.  A chance to stretch our legs."
[21:03] <+Lars_Revik> "Good idea" I get myself in order and prepare to leave the ship for the tavern.
[21:03] <Kanax> :: When Sgt. Arranth opts to stay with the skiff, Kanax promises to bring him back some food ::
[21:04] <Kanax> :: Hops down from the skiff, and heads for the inn. :: "I was a mere cadet the last time I was here.  But there was this one young dwarven girl..."  He trails off, lost in thought.
[21:04] * +Seanna wakes up and hears the conversation
[21:05] * +Lars_Revik follows Kanax to the tavern.
[21:05] <+Seanna> "Breakfast sounds good to me!"
[21:05] <+Nym> ::Heads to the local genral store for his supplies:: 
[21:06] * +James goes with the group to breakfast.
[21:08] <Kanax> ::Settles in to eat a hearty breakfast, telling tales about his exploits as a young cadet.  His demeanor has changed so since returning to Einar.  It's plain to see that he is home.::
[21:08] <+James> ((James orders scrambled eggs with chhese, scattered smothered covered and chunked, a bowl of grits, and raisin toast.))
[21:09] * +Lars_Revik orders a huge steak, with a side of eggs and toast.. and hot coffee to wash it down.
[21:09] <+James> ((What?  This isn't the Waffle House?))
[21:10] <+Seanna> ((lol...are you SURE you're not from the South??))
[21:10] <+James> ((They have Waffle House in Ohio.))
[21:10] * thatdarncat wanders around the table, mewing pittifully and looking up hopefully for treats
[21:10] <+Seanna> ((must be all those years of living in Louisiana))
[21:10] <Kanax> ::orders the Breakfast Stew, which is indeed delicious::
[21:11] * +James goes for the stew, too.
[21:11] <Kanax> ::feeds a morsel or two to the passing cat::
[21:11] * thatdarncat purrs and bumps Kanax's leg
[21:11] <+Nym> ::Waits until no one is watching and then takes the controls of the skiff moving it back and forth on the road slowly getting used to the controls:: 
[21:12] <Kanax> !! Sgt. Arranth stayed back at the skiff.  I'm sure he'd help you!!
[21:13] <.Bynw> (( yes Arranth stayed at the skiff ))
[21:13] * +Lars_Revik sees the cat, and smiles as he drops a hunk of meat down for it.
[21:13] * +Jenna has the stew, relieved to actually be able to eat on the trip
[21:14] * thatdarncat feasts
[21:14] <+Nym> ::Seems to be enjoying himself a bit too much at the controls and after a few close calls hands the controls back to the sgt.:: 
[21:15] <.Bynw> *at the village the party does learn about robed foreigners of sorts that have been stalking the country side*
[21:16] <+Lars_Revik> "Robed foreigners, you say? What makes you say they are foreign?"
[21:17] <+James> ((Not wearing different colors of robes, are they?))
[21:18] <.Bynw> *villager* "The same way that I can tell you are a foregnier.  Your accent ... it's a dead give away" *the old woman says* "But since you are with the Sgt ... you are acceptable of course."
[21:18] <+Lars_Revik> "So, you spoke with them?" I say to the villager
[21:18] <.Bynw> "they come for supplies for their keep"
[21:19] * +Lars_Revik nods to the old woman "thank you ma'am"
[21:19] <+Nym> ::Jumps down from the skiff and joins the others:: 
[21:19] <+James> "What color robes do they wear?"
[21:19] <+Lars_Revik> "Where is their keep, though?"
[21:20] <.Bynw> "it varies.   red and blue mostly.  up the mountain ... a days ride"
[21:20] <+Nym> ::Catching the last of the conversation as he approaches:: 
[21:20] * +Lars_Revik looks at James with a seriousness, but says nothing.
[21:20] <+Nym> "What about red and blue?" 
[21:21] <+Lars_Revik> "More importantly, do they come during the day.. or at night?"
[21:21] <+James> "Robes, Nym.  People in red and blue robes have a keep near here."
[21:22] <.Bynw> "During the day.  Sometimes at night, but they are tested before we open the gates."
[21:22] <+Jenna> "tested?"
[21:22] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye" I give the old woman a wink, to let her know everything is alright.
[21:22] <+Nym> ::Sighs:: "Sounds familiar..." 
[21:23] <+James> "Familiar as in they're they guys we're looking for?"
[21:23] * +Lars_Revik passes the old woman a few gold coins "Take this, old mother, and rest easy." I whisper into her ear.
[21:24] <.Bynw> *the old woman cackles abit and bites one of the coins and scurries off*
[21:24] * +Lars_Revik smiles and watches her leave.
[21:25] * +Lars_Revik then turns back to James and Nym.
[21:25] <+Lars_Revik> "What do you think, Nym?"
[21:25] <+Nym> "No James, as in spectral mages. Like a bad rash they appear everywhere trouble is." 
[21:26] <+Lars_Revik> "Thats what I was thinking...":
[21:26] <+James> "Maybe they're on our side, then."
[21:27] <+Lars_Revik> "I dont trust them."
[21:27] <+Nym> "And they always hamper everything like a court jester. Almost as if they had a hand in....but I will not make factless accusations." 
[21:27] <+Nym> ::Nods to Lars:: "A wise policy, trust me." 
[21:28] * +Lars_Revik nods back.
[21:28] <.Bynw> *Delan arrives at the tavern* "We will be able to leave just after midday so make yourselves comfortable until then"
[21:28] * +Lars_Revik looks into the middle-distance in thought....
[21:28] * +Jenna looks around the village at the different shops
[21:28] <+Jenna> ((wanders a bit))
[21:29] <.Bynw> ! the village has everything it needs to be selfsufficant ... !
[21:29] <+Nym> "Will we past near this keep on our way south?" 
[21:29] * +James sees if he can get a room for a nap. He's been up all night.
[21:29] <Kanax> "I think so."
[21:30] <.Bynw> *the einar countryside, as the party went flying past is rugged.  the villages though are close enough to be a days ride (one way) apart from eachother.  farming is done are terraced plots near the villages*
[21:32] <.Bynw> are = on
[21:33] * +Jenna spends most of the time in one particular shop
[21:33] <+Nym> "Well a group of outsiders riding an airship will attract attention. If they didn't know already they will know soon that we are here." 
[21:33] * +Lars_Revik idles around town.. talking to both young and old alike.
[21:33] <+Nym> "And no doubt they will know why and where we are headed to as well." 
[21:33] * Zizany (Zizany@*.sympatico.ca) has joined #Teara-Adan
[21:34] <.Bynw> *by midday Delan has the skiff ready to go just outside of the the wooden walls of the village*
[21:34] * +James wakes refreshed, and heads to the skiff.
[21:34] * +Jenna eventually makes her way back to the skiff
[21:34] * +Lars_Revik likewise
[21:35] * Kanax returns to the skiff early, bringing back Delan's breakfast, and waits there the majority of the time.
[21:35] * Zizany (Zizany@*.sympatico.ca) Quit
[21:36] <.Bynw> *Delan* "Alright Kanax, you can take the rudder, but I'll keep on the trim"
[21:36] * Kanax nods.
[21:36] * Kanax takes his position
[21:36] * +Lars_Revik jumps back on the small air barge, and stands close by Kanax, and watches how he operates the controls.
[21:37] <+Nym> ::Drops down onto the deck in a meditative position:: 
[21:37] * +Lars_Revik points to a few levers, asking "what do they do?"
[21:37] * +Jenna curls up in a corner once the skiff is underway and naps
[21:37] <.Bynw> *once everyone is back onboard the skiff beings too move out away from the village and resumes its fast pace*
[21:38] * +James stands at the rail (hanging on) and watches the countryside.
[21:38] <.Bynw> *Delan* "these control the trim" *he say adjusting serveral of them*
[21:38] <Kanax> Well, the three in the middle control the individual rudders, the two on the outsides contril the pitch of the for and aft of the skiff.
[21:39] * +Lars_Revik nods, and continues to watch and learn.
[21:39] <.Bynw> *the skiff beings to head up the hillside away from the village*
[21:39] <.Bynw> "Delan* "Controlling the trim is more of an art than any exact science"
[21:39] <.Bynw> d20+6
[21:39] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+6) and rolled 22.
[21:39] <.Bynw> *he adjusts the controls again*
[21:40] <+Lars_Revik> "How long have you been a pilot, Delan?"
[21:41] <.Bynw> "Just a few years.  I wouldnt be able to control the trim on one of our warships"
[21:41] <+Lars_Revik> "I'd like to have a look at one of those someday.. as captain." I say seriously/kidding.
[21:42] * Kanax snorts, but only briefly, "The higher ranks in the RANE are reserved for Einar natives only."
[21:42] <.Bynw> "Most foregner's have never even seen on of our skyships ... until its too late"
[21:42] <.Bynw> (( on=one ))
[21:43] * +Lars_Revik nods to both Kanax and Delan. "I understand the gravity of the situation. I suppose my goals are rather lofty."
[21:44] <+Nym> roll d20+10 
[21:44] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+10 and gets 25."
[21:45] <.Bynw> "I'm rather shocked that Lord Warden allowed this at all."
[21:46] <+Lars_Revik> "But, I am from Adan, you know" I say matter-of-factly.
[21:46] <.Bynw> "You arent from Einar."
[21:47] <+Lars_Revik> "Like I just said, Sgt."
[21:47] <+Seanna> ((battle of Helm's Deep))
[21:47] <+Lars_Revik> "Im actually from the region under Lord Stonemont."
[21:49] <.Bynw> *Delan shrugs*  "He's full of himself"
[21:49] <.Bynw> *Delan turns to Kanax* "You headed for that old keep?"
[21:49] <+Lars_Revik> "I'll have to agree with you on that, Delan."
[21:50] <+Nym> ::His eyes shoot open:: "Bring us 5 miles out from the keep and set us down." 
[21:52] <+Lars_Revik> "Why so far out, Nym? Wouldnt one mile be enough?"
[21:53] * +Lars_Revik looks questioningly at Nym, hair blowing in the strong breeze.
[21:53] <.Bynw> *Delan* "If we are going to the keep thats fine.  I should be their by night fall and in that case I want to leave it in the keeps great hall"
[21:53] <+Lars_Revik> "5 miles is a long hike, Nym."
[21:54] <Kanax> ((sorry, back))
[21:54] <+Lars_Revik> (( are we trying to not let them know were coming, or not?))
[21:55] * Kanax nods to Delan, "Seems like a good place to start investigating."
[21:55] <+Nym> ::Nods:: "I believe we are at our destination, I would hate to lose the element of suprise. But either way that keep harbors a great evil." 
[21:55] <+Lars_Revik> (( Im confused here.. Delan wants to keep the ship in the keep, but Nym is saying the keep is evil... ))
[21:56] <Kanax> ::shakes his head:: "It may not be the one the old woman spoke of.  The true danger we've been hearing about lies farther south."
[21:56] <.Bynw> (( you are not confused ))
[21:56] <+Nym> ((Nym knows somthing Delan doesn't)) 
[21:56] <+Lars_Revik> (( ok, then we wont be taking the ship into the keep, right? ))
[21:57] <.Bynw> (( that depends on the pilot Kanax on where he stops at ))
[21:57] <+Nym> ::Looks off into the distance arrow straight at the keep:: "If Baron isn't at the keep one of his minions is" 
[21:57] <+Nym> "If we land in the keep we will walk into the lions den" 
[21:58] * +Lars_Revik puts his hand on the pommel of his sword.
[21:58] * Kanax nods to Nym, "I trust his judgement, Delan.  Let's set down a bit of a distance away."
[21:58] <+Nym> "He may even already know we are here" 
[21:58] <+Lars_Revik> "Im sure he does."
[21:58] <.Bynw> *Delan nods at Kanax* "Alright Sgt.  I'll stay with the skiff then until it gets too late then I will bring it to the keep ... cant leave it out in the open"
[21:59] <+Nym> ::Turns to Lars and nods:: "I think he can feel me, perhaps always." 
[21:59] <Kanax> ::nods to Delan, then begins looking for a good place to stop.
[21:59] <+Lars_Revik> "We will defeat him, Nym."
[22:00] <.Bynw> *its an hour before sunset when the craft comes to a stop in the forest*
[22:02] <+Nym> ::Looks to the sun and frowns:: "We have no time, if we run we might make it before night fall." 
[22:02] <+Lars_Revik> "dammit" I mutter
[22:02] <+Nym> "If we stay here I think the creatures of Einar will come to us tonight. Baron will see to that." 
[22:02] <.Bynw> ?? who is staying at the skiff ... who is gonna goto the keep to face the danger that Nym stays is there??
[22:02] <+Lars_Revik> "Then lets get moving..."
[22:02] <Kanax> ::shakes his head:: "Be prepared for a fight.  Let's move."
[22:03] * +James is going with Nym.
[22:03] <+Lars_Revik> (( *I will go with Nym* ))
[22:03] <+Nym> ((I will go of course)) 
[22:03] <Kanax> ((Hmm, the skiff takes two crew...))
[22:03] <Kanax> ?? Will he be able to bring it to us without me ??
[22:04] <.Bynw> (( he says so ))
[22:04] <Kanax> (( ok ))
[22:04] <Kanax> ((I'm going))
[22:04] <+Nym> ::Drops to the ground and shoulders his small pack:: 
[22:04] * Kanax draws the Whiteaxe, and begins to move.
[22:05] <+Lars_Revik> :: Drops to the ground, and draws his sword ::
[22:05] <.Bynw> (( lets wait for a moment for the other 2 to tell us what they are doing ... girls?? ))
[22:05] * +James leaves the money chest in the skiff, but takes the medallion and silvered scimitar.
[22:05] * +Jenna awakes groggily when the skiff stops and goes with Nym
[22:06] <.Bynw> !! Seanna please answer what you are doing besides watching a movie or i will choose for you ))
[22:07] <+Nym> "Take only what we need it will be a hard run. Delan we will contact you when we are ready for pick up." ::Nods to Delan:: 
[22:08] * +Lars_Revik holds his sword with the pommel forward, the blade jutting out behind him, and I take off running with the others towards the keep.
[22:08] <.Bynw> "I guess Seanna will have to be here with me then if that contact is gonna be by your mental abilities... most of you are Deryni right?"
[22:09] * +Jenna nods
[22:09] <+James> "I am."
[22:09] <.Bynw> "Beware the woods Sgt"  *Delan says as they depart*
[22:10] * Kanax nods, "Beware the woods."
[22:11] <+Nym> roll d20+10 
[22:11] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+10 and gets 19."
[22:21] <+Nym> roll d20+15 
[22:21] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+15 and gets 32."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member