Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:43:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

* Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1000ms delay
[19:46] <.Bynw> *** The World Changes - Chapter 2, Episode 11 ***
[19:46] <.Bynw> *** Beginning recap of previous session ***
[19:46] <.Bynw> .
[19:46] <.Bynw> *Leaving Oasis behind and riding through the Arch at night the
[19:46] <IIsi50MHz> I take it that things have gotten rapidly out of hand. (Oh wait, that's the Red Queen's line)
[19:46] <.Bynw> party exits the Arch at the outer walls of Quiette Castle in Einar.
[19:46] <.Bynw> Travelling over 300 miles in a few heart beats and without the vertigo
[19:46] <.Bynw> of a Transfer Portal jump.*
[19:46] <.Bynw> *A massive tent city is sprawlled before the outer walls.  Filled with
[19:46] <.Bynw> 1000's of craftsmen, artisans and general laborers who have come
[19:46] <.Bynw> to work on the Prince's restoration of Quiette Castle.
[19:46] <.Bynw> Stockpiles of stone and timber can be seen scattered through out the
[19:46] <.Bynw> area.  All to be used in turning the ruins of Quiette Castle back into
[19:46] <.Bynw> a livable and eligant palace for the Royal line of Einarian Soveriegn
[19:46] <.Bynw> Princes.*
[19:47] <.Bynw> *Guards patrol the tent city in groups of three and wearing a
[19:47] <.Bynw> similar uniform.  Stationed here and there are warning bells for 
[19:47] <.Bynw> the city incase of danger.*
[19:47] <.Bynw> .
[19:47] <.Bynw> *** End of Recap ***
* Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:48] <+Nym> ::Takes a deep breath:: "Exactly as a remember it..." 
[19:48] <+Jenna> "well at least it looks well guarded"
[19:48] <.Bynw> *a voice calls out from the wall behind the party*  "Move along so you dont block the Arch's path!"
[19:48] <+James> "Then you can lead the way, Nym?"
[19:49] <+Nym> ::Moves to the side of the arch and then moves towards the makeshift tent town:: 
[19:49] * +Seanna gets out of the way.
[19:49] * +Jenna steps aside as to not block the pathway from the arch
[19:49] * +James scuttles to the side.
[19:49] <.Bynw> (( both James and Jenna have been here before from their trip from the southlands to quiette caslte ))
[19:49] * +Jenna looks at James
[19:50] * +James follows Nym.
[19:50] <+Jenna> "I wonder whatever became of Cymber"
[19:50] <+Nym> ::talking while walking towards one of the guards:: 
[19:50] <+James> "Probably still in Solanda.  I wonder too, though."
[19:51] <+Nym> "My best guess is to ask one of the local authorities for some information, they might be able to point us in the right direction. Any objections?" 
[19:51] * +Jenna nods then follows along behind Nym
[19:51] <+Seanna> "None here"
[19:51] * Mjolnir (spider@pcp03766860pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:51] * Mjolnir sets mode: +v Mjolnir
[19:51] <+Mjolnir> hello
[19:51] * +James nods at Nym "Sounds good to me."
[19:52] <+Nym> (('ello)) 
[19:52] <+Mjolnir> ((one sec to get ready))
[19:52] * +Jenna shakes her head
[19:52] <+Nym> ::Walks towards the nearest guard who seems to not be busy at the moment:: 
[19:52] <.Bynw> *Nym is in luck as one of the partrols is heading there way*
[19:53] <IIsi50MHz> (( allo Mj ))
[19:53] <+Nym> ::raises an eyebrow and waves over the guards:: 
[19:54] * Mjolnir is now known as Lars_Revik
[19:54] <+Nym> ::Pushes back his hood:: "Hello. Can you help us?" 
[19:54] <.Bynw> *the guards make their way towards the party*  "Welcome to Quiette Castle."  *one states and points in the direction of the tents*  "You are welcome to pitch your tents over there"
[19:55] * DarkSir is now known as Kanax
[19:55] <+Nym> ::Shakes his head:: "We are not craftsmen." 
[19:56] * +Lars_Revik looks sideways at Nym "what?"
[19:56] <+Nym> ::smiles at Lars:: "Well we arn't here to work on the castle atleased." 
[19:57] * IIsi50MHz is now known as DavidSeafort
[19:57] * +Lars_Revik smiles back and says : "ah, I thought ye meant the tent making "
[19:57] <DavidSeafort> (( "I'm sorry; we don't know how to pitch tents." ))
[19:57] <+Nym> ((lol)) 
[19:57] <.Bynw> *the guards shrug*  "I would still pitch your tent and wait until morning before venturing out beyond the castle."  *he looks up at the sky and looks that moon as it nears fullness within a few days*
[19:58] * +Kanax steps toward the small contingent of guards.
[19:59] <+Kanax> ((one second))
[19:59] * +Lars_Revik approaches Nym, and whispers: "Any sign of where 'Baron' is?"
[20:00] <+Nym> ::Whispers to Lars:: "None yet." 
[20:01] <+Lars_Revik> :Whispers back:: "
[20:01] <.Bynw> *the guards are each armed with sword, crossbow and a pistol of somesort* 
[20:02] * +Kanax executes a standard Einarian military salute.
[20:02] <+Lars_Revik> "I wonder if we should question these guards?"
[20:02] <+Nym> ::Turns back to the guards:: "We where hoping to talk to the watch commander. I am Lord Gibran from Adan on urgent business" 
[20:03] <.Bynw> *the guards look at each other* "We can let him know that you are here Lord Gibran.  Find a place to settle so you can be located"
[20:04] <DavidSeafort> (( afk family trashed something important and I'm 'volunteered' to dig through the cans ))
[20:06] <.Bynw> *the guards nod at Kanax and continue on their watch*
[20:06] <DavidSeafort> (( eee, cold-d-d. bak ))
[20:06] <+James> "Well, I guess we wait."
[20:06] * +Kanax frowns slightly, and turns to find a place to set up camp.
[20:07] * +Lars_Revik goes to assist Kanax.
[20:07] * +Jenna also assists in making camp
[20:07] <+Nym> ::Scans the makeshift tents for a tavern or large central tent:: "Anyone see an inn or tavern got to be one with so many people about?" 
[20:08] * +Kanax indicates back to where the competition was, not so very long ago, "There was one set up over there."
[20:08] <+Nym> "Servents and common workers are some of the best informed people if you know how to ask." 
[20:08] <.Bynw> *the tent city is much like any encampment ... all the comforts of home.  There are several larger tents, with banners and signs pointing to taverns but no inns in the since of a place to sleep*
[20:09] <+Lars_Revik> "I hear ye, Nym. Lets go find the tavern. " I say with a bit of glee.
[20:09] <+James> "I wouldn't set up camp too fully.  We'll likely be on the move soon."
[20:09] <+Jenna> "let's go look around over where Kanax was pointing"
[20:10] <+Nym> ::smiles at Lars:: "Race? Loser buys the first round.." ::Takes off running towards one of the taverns:: 
[20:10] <+Lars_Revik> "Im with you " 
[20:10] * +Lars_Revik takes off running!
[20:10] * +James shrugs.
[20:10] * +Jenna raises an eyebrow
[20:11] * +Kanax grins, "Nothing major, lad. Being home reminds me of life in the military. I can have this camp broken back down in minutes."
[20:11] <+James> "I'm going to stay here."
[20:11] * +Lars_Revik tries to over-take Nym.. pushing him to gain ground
[20:11] * +Seanna follows after Nym and Lars, but not as fast.
[20:12] * +Kanax finishes setting up camp in a fairly quick manner.
[20:12] <+James> "Thanks, Kanax."
[20:12] <+Kanax> ::lets his gaze turn back to Quiette...::
[20:12] * +Jenna follows Seanna since the others seem to have the camp in order
[20:12] <+Kanax> "Anytime, lad.
[20:13] <.Bynw> *the castle is seen on the otherside of the outer wall - behind the Arch.  Large and impressive, but only the great hall and some out buildings have been restored the rest lies in ruins still*
[20:15] <+James> "Well, Kanax, we know which way they went if the watch commander comes here."
[20:16] * +Kanax nods.
[20:17] <DavidSeafort> *The broad and low tent sports wide openings on three sides, with stacks of lumber and largish crates along the fourth. Merchant-uniformed guards are spaced about, but only by the goods looking attentive*
[20:17] <+Kanax> "They have a lot of work ahead of them."
[20:18] <DavidSeafort> *local hirelings move among the tables, some serving, the rest ordering*
[20:19] <.Bynw> !! lars and nym con check please
[20:19] <+Lars_Revik> 1d20+1
[20:19] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for Lars_Revik (1d20+1) and rolled 13.
[20:19] <+Nym> roll d20+2 
[20:19] * @BoxCars --> "Nym rolls a d20+2 and gets 18."
[20:20] <.Bynw> !! nym does beat lars to the tavern tent that DavidSeafort is describing !
[20:20] <+Nym> ((hehehe)) 
[20:20] <+Lars_Revik> (( Ill get ye next time!))
[20:20] * DavidSeafort reclines with his back to a large crate, one uni beside him in quiet conversation, and a second on the other side of the crate. The latter looks bothered.
[20:21] <+Lars_Revik> "Good race Nym! But, dont expect to win next time. " I say, panting. "Now, lets go have a drink, shall we?"
[20:21] * DavidSeafort is young enough to still be called a lad by many people
[20:22] <+Nym> ::Breathing heavy:: "First...round...good...race." ::smiles at lars:: 
[20:22] <+Nym> ::Ducks into the tent:: 
[20:22] * +Lars_Revik offers Nym a hand
[20:22] * DavidSeafort interupts the strong middle aged man next to him and studies a ledger
[20:23] <+Nym> "Ha I'm not that old yet!" 
[20:23] * +Lars_Revik claps as Nym enters the tent.
[20:23] * DavidSeafort sighs, but not from anything he saw in the figures
[20:24] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye, your grace. " I say as I drop a few coins on the bar.. "Order what you will"
[20:24] <DavidSeafort> "Fat, appealing targets, all of us."
[20:25] * +Lars_Revik turns to look at the speaker of those words... "Calling us fat?"
[20:25] <.Bynw> *inside the tent is filled with tables, chairs and many patrons of all sorts.  Human, elf and dwarf drinking and eating*
[20:25] <+Jenna> ((david what's a "uni"?))
[20:25] <DavidSeafort> ((uniform. sorry, been reading scifi))
[20:25] * DavidSeafort looks surprised
[20:26] * DavidSeafort stands up courteously
[20:26] <+Jenna> ((so an Einarian patrol?  or one of yours?))
[20:26] <DavidSeafort> (( merchant uniforms; seafort colours and emblem ))
[20:26] <+Nym> ::Orders an ale and tips the bartender:: "Gambling allowed here?" 
[20:27] <.Bynw> "Gambling is encouraged here!"  *Nym is pointed to several makeshift tables of games of skill and of chance*
[20:27] <+Lars_Revik> "Thats a strange way to address newcomers.. what ever happened to courtesy?" I turn away and order a draft as well.
[20:27] <DavidSeafort> "I wasn't speaking of you, because I frankly hadn't noticed you." *then to Nym with a crooked smile* "As long as you lose to me."
[20:28] <+Nym> ??Has Nym ever met David before?? 
[20:28] <DavidSeafort> "Also, you may not have noticed, but...I'm not a greeter."
[20:28] * DavidSeafort peers closely at Nym
[20:28] <.Bynw> !! yes, briefly ... during your "away" period !!
[20:29] <.Bynw> !! nym was leaving the party when david joined it !!
[20:29] <DavidSeafort> !! Nym was NPC-mode when I joined here !!
[20:29] <+Nym> ::Looks to David with a crooked smile:: "Funny you look like someone I have met before...I can't recall the name though." 
[20:29] * +Lars_Revik sets down his mug.. and turns back around... "Your what?" I say to the stranger.
[20:30] <DavidSeafort> "Do I...?" *turns to the older man next to him with a questioning look*
[20:30] * DavidSeafort is starting to look quite amused by the whole situation
[20:31] <+Lars_Revik> "You know this fellow, Nym?"
[20:31] * +Seanna arrives at the tavern and enters.
[20:31] * +Jenna enters just behind Seanna
[20:31] <+Nym> ::Looks David up and down:: "I think so, but then I meet alot of people." 
[20:31] <.Bynw> *a bunch of cat calls and wistles are heard as Seanna enters the tavern by its many patrons ... and it starts all over again as Jenna enters*
[20:32] * +Lars_Revik looks at David: "Who are you sir, if I may know?"
[20:32] <+Nym> ::Extends his hand to David:: "Names Nym and you are?" 
[20:32] * DavidSeafort waves behind him at the stowage and lumber. "I own this. Or partly. Davidius Marecastrum. David Seafort, the odd bloke and underinsured merchant." (-;
[20:33] * +Seanna ignores them and heads over to Nym and Lars
[20:33] * DavidSeafort 's tone leaves much doubt about whether the underinsured part is believable
[20:33] * +Jenna rolls her eyes heavenward and follows
[20:33] <+Lars_Revik> "A merchant eh?" I say to David with one eye closed...
[20:35] <DavidSeafort> "A seige engineer and archer too, though less so recently. I know what these--" *waves at the shadows of the castle* "--need."
[20:35] <DavidSeafort> ?? Any identifying emblems, Nym ??
[20:35] * +Jenna arrives just in time to hear the word "archer" and smiles at DavidSeafort
[20:35] * +Lars_Revik opens his eye again, and says "Well, how about a drink, David Seafort? Ye can call me Lars.. Lars Revik."
[20:36] <+Nym> ::Recognition shows on Nym's face:: "Yes! David I found you here the last time I came through, we went to that awful castle!" 
[20:36] <+Nym> ((The same old cloak and of course the scar at my neck)) 
[20:36] * DavidSeafort wears a light cape and seems carefull about keeping it from revealing the reason for the shape at his hip, not that anyone paying attention couldn't guess
[20:37] * DavidSeafort looks questioningly at Nym
[20:37] <DavidSeafort> "So I DO know you then.:
[20:37] <DavidSeafort> "
[20:38] <DavidSeafort> *to himself* "Something short, I think...starts with an..."
[20:38] <+Lars_Revik> "Well, lets drink to old and new friends, eh?!"
[20:38] <DavidSeafort> "Nym! Certes?"
[20:39] * +Jenna looks at Nym "introduce us to your friend there Sir" still smiling at David
[20:39] * DavidSeafort shunts his own untouched mug over to Lars and waves across the crowd beckoningly
[20:39] * +Lars_Revik hefts his cup up and says "Drinks are on me!" with a wink at Nym.
[20:40] * DavidSeafort looks somewhat taken aback. "On you? In my venture?"
[20:40] * DavidSeafort grabs an inked quil and crosses something of the ledger
[20:40] <+Lars_Revik> "Once spoken, it is done." I say matter-of-factly.
[20:40] * DavidSeafort shrugs
[20:41] <DavidSeafort> "You can try to pay." *in a tone of nonresistance* (-:
[20:41] <+Lars_Revik> "you can get the next round though.. " I say with a grin :)
[20:42] * +Jenna watches Lars with a look of distaste then whispers to Seanna "He does excel at making a fool of himself, doesn't he?"
[20:42] * +Seanna nods back to Jenna.
[20:42] <DavidSeafort> "I just hope you aren't expecting wine; those blighters at the castle buy it all before I unload."
[20:43] <+Lars_Revik> "Wine, hell no, beer is the nectar of the gods"
[20:43] * +Jenna slightly elbows Nym
[20:43] <+Nym> ::To David:: "My two lovely companions are Seanna and Jenna" 
[20:44] <DavidSeafort> "A couple of times they made the mistake of leaving for 'later pickup' and it got pinched. Hence that bloke's lot." *indicates the man watching the other side of the crate*
[20:44] <+Seanna> "Pleased to meet you."
[20:44] * +Lars_Revik belches
[20:44] * +Jenna extends a hand, smiling again at David (and still wearing her Einarian bow, btw)
[20:44] <+Nym> "Seaanna, Jenna this is David. He'll tell you he is a merchant but well....If you need somthing just ask him he can aquire most anything." 
[20:44] <DavidSeafort> "Whups." *turns to the two and bows with precission*
[20:45] * +Jenna giggles
[20:45] <+Seanna> "Well, then VERY good to meet you, David."
[20:46] * DavidSeafort gets "stuck", looking that the bow
[20:46] <+Jenna> "yes, nice to meet you"
[20:46] <DavidSeafort> *to Jenna, frankly* "How's your shot?"
[20:46] * +Jenna grins broadly
[20:46] * DavidSeafort stands back up
[20:46] <+Jenna> "you weren't in attendance at the last contest here, were you?"
[20:47] <+Jenna> "I won this..." 
[20:47] * +Jenna unslings the bow and holds it out for David to inspect
[20:47] * DavidSeafort partialy raises a hand, looks unsure what to do with Seanna's, drops his own
[20:47] * DavidSeafort blushes and looks away
[20:48] <+Jenna> "you can look at it, it doesn't bite"
[20:48] <DavidSeafort> "contest...No. I wasn't here long enough for any contests."
[20:48] * +Jenna nods
[20:48] <+Jenna> "A wise man stays here as little as possible, I say"
[20:49] <DavidSeafort> "Unless there's stuff to be sold or walls to build."
[20:49] <DavidSeafort> "Uhn sec'n. One second."
[20:49] * DavidSeafort reaches under a shaky, navy-clothed table--the same as all the others but for the cloth
[20:50] * +Jenna shrugs and un-extends the bow, keeping it in hand then looks around for something to drink
[20:50] * +Lars_Revik gives Jenna a tankard
[20:50] <+Nym> ::Motions the barkeep over and buys Jenna a drinkwitha nod of his head:: 
[20:50] * DavidSeafort pulls out a bow a bit taller, perhaps, that it should be for hime, but he's growing yet
[20:51] * DavidSeafort unwraps the string, which is peculiarly fuzzy
[20:51] <.Bynw> (( how old is Seafort again? ))
[20:51] <DavidSeafort> "Have you tried silencing it? You lose a small amount of range but..."
[20:51] <DavidSeafort> (( 15 or 16 by now))
[20:51] * +Jenna says thank you to anyone listening and drinks
[20:51] * +Seanna orders an ale, too.
[20:52] * +Jenna looks at David's bow a bit closer
[20:52] * DavidSeafort strings the bow and hands it over
[20:52] <+Jenna> "that is the oddest thing I've ever seen - silencing it, you say?"
[20:52] <DavidSeafort> "It's better with silenced arrows too" *grins*
[20:52] <+Jenna> "can I see one?"
[20:54] * +Jenna is half elven, blonde, about 5'10" and appears to be in her early-mid twenties
[20:54] <+Nym> ::Laughs to himself quietly:: "David if you go on showing that kind of gear to everyone people will begin to wonder what a merchannt is doing with it." ::grins at David:: 
[20:54] * +Jenna reslings her own bow while examining David's
[20:55] <DavidSeafort> *the man next to him, having gone quiet at the others' approach, says...* "Certes" and plucks the quiver from under the tableclothe*
[20:55] * +James enters the tavern.
[20:55] * DavidSeafort looks at Nym as though he just said something peculiar
[20:56] <+Jenna> "where did you get this?" ((to David))
[20:56] <DavidSeafort> "We didn't always have our own cord of guards, sir."
[20:56] * +James goes over to Nym.
[20:56] * +Lars_Revik clears his throat "While we are discussing weapons.. I wonder which of you could discern something for me..." I say to our group.
[20:56] <DavidSeafort> "It was made for me as a replacement. Overnight, as I recall."
[20:56] <+Nym> ::Smiles to James then turns to David:; "David this is James he travels with us as well." 
[20:57] <+James> "David!  How are you?"
[20:57] <+James> "I haven't seen you since Torr."
[20:57] <DavidSeafort> (( *stops self from replying in French, OOC habit ))
[20:58] <DavidSeafort> "Ah, perhaps you can remind me of the name of the fellow who made this?" *taps the bow*
[20:58] * +Jenna looks at James, surprised
[20:59] <+James> "I think you already had your bow when I met you, David.  Sorry."
[20:59] <+Nym> ::sighs and mutters somthing to himself:: "The akasha always provides...." 
[21:00] <DavidSeafort> "Ah, but it was newly made, which should have been obvious I thought. I must be biased, having seen the making of and making my own bows."
[21:00] <+James> "Nym, the watch chief is back at camp with Kanax."
[21:01] <+Jenna> ((to David)) "there are practice fields not far from here - I would very much like to try this out before we leave"
[21:01] <+James> "Seems they're old friends, so don't hurry unless you want.  They're busy recalling old times."
[21:01] * +Jenna hands David's bow back to him
[21:01] * DavidSeafort shoulders it
[21:02] <DavidSeafort> "Perhaps." *doesn't seem opposed*
[21:02] <+James> d20+3
[21:02] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+3) and rolled 9.
[21:02] * +Lars_Revik clears his throat "While we are discussing weapons.. I wonder which of you could discern something for me..." I say to our group.
[21:03] * +Jenna turns and looks at Lars, taking several more drinks from her tankard
[21:03] <+Seanna> "What's that, Lars?"
[21:03] * DavidSeafort takes an arrow who's feathers look rather crazed at the tips, unshoulders the bow, and looses into the untrodded earth beneath the table
[21:04] <+Lars_Revik> "Are you skilled at telling the dweomer of blades?" I say to Jenna and Seanna.
[21:04] <DavidSeafort> *A faint thh sound, but no twang*
[21:04] * +Jenna snaps her head back and looks at David
[21:05] * +Jenna then looks around behind the table "hmmmm"
[21:05] <DavidSeafort> *quietly* "It's as I said."
[21:05] * +Jenna nods, smiling
[21:05] * DavidSeafort sits and stows the items. 
[21:06] <+Seanna> "Not particularly."
[21:06] * +Jenna turns around "I'm sorry, what did you say?" ((to Lars))
[21:06] <+James> "What do you want to know about it, Lars?"
[21:06] * DavidSeafort follows Lars's enquiries
[21:06] * +Kanax walks from the camp to where the others are, still chatting idly with Arranth.
[21:06] * +Lars_Revik looks at James and says: "Id like to learn of the enchantments on this...."
[21:07] * +Lars_Revik pulls out his longsword... it glows with power.
[21:07] <+James> "Hmmm . . . can't help there, but I might be able to tell a bit about it's history."
[21:07] * +Kanax enters the tent, an Einarian Sergeant beside him.
[21:08] <+Lars_Revik> "Care to have a look then, James?"
[21:08] <+James> "Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but I can try if you want."
[21:08] * DavidSeafort gets a silly grin on his face. "Oooh, pretty." (-;
[21:08] <+Lars_Revik> "Anything is better than wondering,, please, try."
[21:08] * +Lars_Revik offers the blade to James.. pommel first.
[21:09] * +Jenna turns back around to look at the sword, attempting not to laugh (and failing)
[21:09] <.Bynw> *the sgt grabs to mugs of ale off a passing serving girl and smiles at her before following Kanax*
[21:09] * +James steps up to the blade and takes it from Lars.
[21:09] <.Bynw> ! to=2
[21:09] * +Kanax moves through the crowd, locating the area where Nym and company are gathered.
[21:10] * +James centers and attempts to read the sword.
[21:10] <.Bynw> *he hands on of them to Kanax* "Its a good dwarven stout"
[21:10] <+James> d20+8
[21:10] * @Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+8) and rolled 10.
[21:10] <+Nym> ::Waves to Kanax and the sargent:: 
[21:10] * +Kanax accepts it, thanking Arranth, "Thanks. First I've had in a good while." He drinks deeply, before stepping beside Nym and getting his attention.
[21:11] * DavidSeafort looks significantly and strong older man he'd been talking with earlier, who then catches the eyes of two of the bored merchant guards across the tent before deliberately assuming a relaxed pose against the same crate as David
[21:11] * +Kanax clears his throat, "Lord Tennes, this is Sergeant Dellan Aranth of the RANE."
[21:11] <+James> "Sorry Lars, it seems blurry to me.  I can't get anything" ::Hands the sword back to Lars::
[21:11] <+Kanax> ((Arranth))
[21:12] * +Lars_Revik takes the sword back: "thanks anyways, James."
[21:12] <.Bynw> *the Sgt nods at David when he reaches the table* "Master Seafort" *then he looks over at Nym*
[21:12] <DavidSeafort>  * DavidSeafort looks significantly at the strong older man he'd been talking with earlier, who then catches the eyes of two of the bored merchant guards across the tent before deliberately assuming a relaxed pose against the same crate as David
[21:13] <DavidSeafort> (( better? *suffers from spellcheck without logic check, on those rare occasions when everything is spelled correctly* ))
[21:13] <+Jenna> ((LOL))
[21:13] <+Kanax> ((much :) ))
[21:13] <+Nym> ::Nods to Sergeant Aranth:: "We are here investigating some dissappearances and thought maybe you could share some information with us." 
[21:14] * DavidSeafort gives a light pleasant smile at the sergeant and looks mildly watchful
[21:14] <.Bynw> "Disappearances?
[21:14] <.Bynw> "What kind of disapperances?" *the Sgt asks while pulling up another chair*
[21:14] <DavidSeafort> "Oh, those." *a bit dismissively*
[21:14] * +Kanax takes another drink of the stout, smiling perhaps for the first time in a long while.
[21:16] <+Nym> "Yes, we are tracking a criminal named Baron. We believe he is conducting himself in this area and maybe kidnapping locals for perverse ritualistic needs." 
[21:16] * +James orders a light ale.
[21:16] <DavidSeafort> *covering* "But then, your not talking about missing pendants, are you?" *pulls an ivory oval portrait with deep blue enamel background from his pocket*
[21:16] <DavidSeafort> (( it's a cameo! Buahahaha. Ah, smite me. (-; ))
[21:17] * +Kanax frowns a bit as he pulls up a chair. It's quickly removed by another pull if the stout, however.
[21:18] * +Lars_Revik orders another dwarvern ale, knocks off the head, and drinks deeply.
[21:18] <.Bynw> *the sgt shrugs*  "I dont know of anything like that.  We don't get much trouble here other than drunks"
[21:19] * +James sips at his ale, drinking more for the liquid than the alcohol, as he listens.
[21:19] * +Jenna grins and drinks some more of her ale
[21:19] * +Kanax looks briefly at Arranth, a thought crossing his eyes, before he looks back to Nym.
[21:19] <+Nym> "I'm sorry could you repeat that..." 
[21:19] * +Lars_Revik lets down the mug, and belches loudly.. "Pardon me.."
[21:19] <DavidSeafort> (( *starts to wonder if anybody Kosty-ised the description of a bulge at the hip under David's cloak, rather than assuming 'sidearm'* Ah! There's no escape once you meet him! ))
[21:20] <+James> (( lol ))
[21:20] <+Jenna> ((ROFLMAO))
[21:21] <.Bynw> "I said we dont get much trouble other than drunks here sir, no criminals going by noble titles"
[21:22] <+Lars_Revik> "Your wasting your time, and the time of the good sergeant, I think, Nym."
[21:23] * +Kanax speaks up, "We'll probably have to leave out of here around dawn, Delan. Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad to see that you're doing well."
[21:23] <+Nym> ::Nods to the sergeant:: "Thank you sergeant I appreciate the help, can I buy you a drink?" 
[21:24] <.Bynw> "Anytime I can help Sgt.  Just name it." *he gets up and nods to all*  "No I have one of my own, and thats all I can have while on duty.  Good night gentlemen, ladies.  Beware the wood my friend" 
[21:25] <+Kanax> "Beware the wood, Sgt Arranth. And thank you again."
[21:25] <.Bynw> *he looks about the tent a bit before departing*
[21:25] <+Lars_Revik> 'regards, Arranth"
[21:26] <+Seanna> "Thank you, Sgt."
[21:26] <+Kanax> ::as Arranth leaves, Kanax leans forward.::
[21:26] <+Lars_Revik> "
[21:26] <+Lars_Revik> "Is he lying?"
[21:26] <+Kanax> "Our path lies south.  Arranth is a simple soldier.  He knows what happens here, and that is about all."
[21:27] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye, I didnt know how well you knew him, Kanax"
[21:27] <+Kanax> "He won't gossip to outlanders about rumors inside Einar's border.  It's not our way."
[21:27] * DavidSeafort looks suprised by the suggestion the Sgt Arranth would lie then but says nada
[21:27] <+Seanna> "Did he gossip to you, Kanax?"
[21:27] <+Kanax> "We should leave at sunrise, and make haste to the Old Valimar Border area."
[21:27] <+Nym> ::Stands up:: "If you'll excuse me I have to go...well water a bush" ::Nods to everyone and walks to the front entrance:: 
[21:28] <+Kanax> "I wouldn't call it gossip.  More of dark rumblings."
[21:28] * DavidSeafort looks again surprised at the "simple soldier" comment, which he's sure the sarge would find offensive
[21:28] * +Lars_Revik notices the look on DavidSeafort's face: "Even the best of men, even kings, lie."
[21:28] <DavidSeafort> *after Nym* "Not a problem."
[21:29] * +Lars_Revik orders another beer.
[21:29] <DavidSeafort> *to lars* "Your choice of what might be a lie is not in keeping with my familiarity with this one. Still, he is not in our employ..."
[21:29] * +Kanax glances at DavidSeafort, apparantly really noticing him for the first time, and his surprise at his comment, "As a "simple soldier", I can say that. I don't think he'd lie, though."
[21:30] * DavidSeafort blinks a few times
[21:30] <+Kanax> "But his duty is to Einar, and not to outiders, and it's not his place to talk about Einar to them."
[21:30] <+Lars_Revik> "Speak plainly, David."
[21:30] * DavidSeafort shrugs
[21:30] <DavidSeafort> "I don't call any career man who's earned his rank 'simple'. Usage noted."
[21:30] <+Lars_Revik> "What 'one' ?"
[21:31] <+Kanax> "Anyway, we should leave out at dawn.  I will be visiting the armory, and seeing if I can requisition weapons temporarily for our trip."
[21:31] <DavidSeafort> "Heh. One? Why Sgt. Arranth of course."
[21:31] <+Lars_Revik> "Just checking"
[21:32] <DavidSeafort> "You can requisition them from me, you know."
[21:32] * +Kanax grins at DavidSeafort, "A difference in language, then. By simple, I mean he is not privvy to the goings on higher in ranks. The travels of other squads, and such."
[21:32] <+Lars_Revik> "Such a young lad to be in charge of such.. eh, David?" 
[21:33] <+Kanax> "What type of weapons do you have?"
[21:34] <DavidSeafort> "I work under my father. And my brothers, though we usually travel different routes."
[21:34] <DavidSeafort> "I have any weapon that the army might order."
[21:34] * +Lars_Revik nods "A great responsibility your father has given you."
[21:34] * +Kanax smiles, "You've been dealing in a lot of silver of late, then?"
[21:35] * +Jenna looks back at David, considering his words
[21:36] <+Lars_Revik> "Silver? The only good silver weapons are for is against were-creatures... and undead..."
[21:36] * +Kanax raises an eyebrow at Lars, "You've done your homework, lad. Welcome to Einar."
[21:37] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye."
[21:37] <+James> "So do we need silver, Kanax?"
[21:37] * +Lars_Revik finishes off yet another beer, and orders another.
[21:37] <DavidSeafort> (( sorry, had to extinguish the toaster oven ))
[21:38] <+Jenna> ((ummmmmm))
[21:38] * +Kanax keeps his voice low, "Whatever weapon you prefer, find one with silver. The forest is very dangerous these days."
[21:38] <+Lars_Revik> (( do you live in the house of mayhem, IIsi ?? :P))
[21:38] <DavidSeafort> (( apparently! ))
[21:38] <+Kanax> (You've not had a good night.  Dumpster diving, toaster extinguishing...))
[21:39] <+Nym> ::Nym reappears at the entrance and re-joins the group. he seems to have cuts his palms on something his palms are bleeding a bit:: 
[21:39] <+Lars_Revik> "David, Im not one to pretend at friendship in order to gain. If there is going to be trouble with certain creatures... perhaps a silver longsword for me would not be out of order. I will return it to you once this part of our journey is over."
[21:39] <+James> "Ummmm . . . David?  You wouldn't happen to have a silvered scimitar in stock, would you?
[21:39] <DavidSeafort> (( so, about those weaps... )) "I'll just withold delivery for whatever number you taken when next the army orders."
[21:40] <+Nym> ::grabs a bar rag and wipes his palms:: 
[21:40] * +Kanax draws the White Axe, showing that one of the heads of the axe is a silvered blade."
[21:40] * DavidSeafort laughs, finding James' question very funny
[21:40] <DavidSeafort> "Scimitar?" :-D
[21:40] <DavidSeafort> "Sorry, sorry."
[21:40] <+Kanax> "You'll need two.
[21:41] <DavidSeafort> "I could have one silvered, I suppose."
[21:41] <+Kanax> ((You should, it seems a good deal of einar military carries them))
[21:41] <+Lars_Revik> "And a longsword"
[21:41] <+James> "How long would it take to have a scimitar silvered?"
[21:42] * +Kanax looks to Jenna, "You'll need arrowheads and a scimitar. Don't be afraid to fall back to what you know. This may not be the best time for training."
[21:42] <DavidSeafort> "They're just so plentiful... Scimitars are going cheap recently. Too many of them. But I'll just pop up to the seige works and have 'em pour a little over a blade for you."
[21:42] * +Kanax looks to Nym, "Did the bush bite back?"
[21:43] <+Seanna> "I should have a silver dagger then too."
[21:43] * +Jenna nods then looks at David with an apologetic smile
[21:43] <DavidSeafort> "Needs sharpening after, of course, but not too much"
[21:43] <+James> "Thanks, David.  I appreciate it."
[21:43] * +Kanax recaps for Nym, "We will be venturing into places where we will need silver weapons. You may wish to be prepared."
[21:43] <+Lars_Revik> "This sword I own may be enough in itself, but, I havent tested it in battle yet. I would prefere to be ready, just in case."
[21:43] <+Nym> ::Gives a grim smile to Kanax:: "No but I do know where we are going." 
[21:44] * +Kanax nods, deciding not to question...
[21:45] <DavidSeafort> "Hrm, may need more silver. I'll have to see if I can sneak a few silver coins into the mold..."
[21:45] <+Nym> ::Pulls his cloak back a bit to show a masterwork dagger to kanax:: "Among many things this will tear through such beasts with ease, better then silver I'd say" 
[21:45] <+Kanax> "We should try to get a little rest.  We need to make as much use of daylight hours as we can."
[21:46] * DavidSeafort suddenly thinks of something and sites foreward
[21:46] <+Nym> ::Shakes his head at Kanax:: "I think we should leave tonight" 
[21:46] * +Kanax nods to Nym, "As long as ye are prepared, lad. In some ways the horrors of Kirsh pale to that of the Eniar forest, when the Lupus roam."
[21:46] <DavidSeafort> "Y'know, if you have any Special requests, I could use wards."
[21:47] <+Lars_Revik> "Aye, I'll have a few more of these *holds up his mug* while the weapons are made."
[21:47] * +Kanax sighs, "i doubt we'll get far without a fight. Better to travel during the days, if we wish to cover much ground."
[21:47] <+Nym> ::Turns to David:: "David how fast can these weapon be made?" 
[21:48] * +Jenna looks at Nym incredulously "I don't think we should do any traveling at night if possible"
[21:48] <DavidSeafort> "Weapons are already made. Buying up scimitars and silvering them is the main drag; they have to wait for the forge to heat up."
[21:48] * +Lars_Revik pulls out his tobacco, and rolls a smoke. I light it and blow smoke rings up into the air above my head..."
[21:48] * DavidSeafort wrinkles his nose
[21:48] <+Seanna> "Yes, everyone says night is too dangerous."
[21:49] * DavidSeafort moves up wind
[21:49] <+Kanax> "We CAN travel at night.  But it will slow us down considerably, and it will be considerably more dangerous."
[21:49] <.Bynw> *one of the alarm bells is rung outside, from a good distance across the tent city as it is hard to hear but be heard none the less*
[21:49] <+Lars_Revik> "whats that?"
[21:50] <.Bynw> (( er can be that is))
[21:50] * +Lars_Revik sets down his mug gently
[21:50] <+James> "Sounds like a bell."
[21:50] * +Jenna looks around then at Kanax
[21:50] <DavidSeafort> "hmm, in fact the time it takes to get the heat back up should just be enough to find a few willing to part with their scimitars. A few hours. Be cheaper to wait until mid morning, when people are about and the forge is roaring though"
[21:51] * +Kanax jumps to his feet, finishing his drink, before heading for the entrance, "Most likely an attack. Let's go." He slips back into the mentality of defending Einar with no thought at all.
[21:51] * DavidSeafort appears unaware of the alarm, an occupational hazard with him
[21:51] <+James> "Well, Nym, does our urgency require us to move tonight?"
[21:51] * +Lars_Revik looks around to see if anyone is responding to the tolling of the bell
[21:51] * DavidSeafort gets his should shaken by Big'n'burly
[21:51] <.Bynw> *a few of the tavern goers look up a bit listening but continue with their drinks and games instead of rushing anywhere*
[21:52] * +Lars_Revik picks his drink back up, and pulls at it.. however not as deeply as before.
[21:53] * +Kanax is out of the tent within moments, not even waiting to see if his companions are with him. He makes his way toward the sound of the bell, watching for other military personnel that would be responding as well.
[21:53] <.Bynw> *the bell stops ringing and the tavern resumes its normal pace*
[21:53] * +Jenna looks after Kanax worriedly but does not leave
[21:54] * +Lars_Revik smokes, and drinks
[21:54] * +James waits for Nym's decision.
[21:56] <+Lars_Revik> (brb)
[21:56] * +Lars_Revik goes to find the bush that Nym used earlier...
[21:58] <.Bynw> ! plenty of bushes to use and other privys !
[21:59] * +Lars_Revik returns to the table, looking satisfied
[22:00] * +Kanax returns to the tent, as well, a look of worry on his face.
[22:00] <.Bynw> (( we are gonna have to end this session here, due to errands that Tika and I have to take care of .... James, Jenna, Kanax, Lars and Nym get the Peer to Peer XP... none to Seanna since she isnt really here and none for David since its a cameo appearance - REMEMBER NEXT SESSION IS WEDNESDAY NIGHT SAME TIME))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member