Main Menu

Chapter 2 Episode 7

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:36:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:55] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1000ms delay
[20:55] <.Bynw> *** BEGIN RECAP ***
[20:55] <.Bynw> .
[20:55] <.Bynw> *breaking over the hill are indeed horses ... but not ones of flesh and blood ... their riders however are and wear flowing robes in all the colors of the rainbow ....*
[20:55] <.Bynw> * Lars puts his shield back on
[20:55] <.Bynw> *Nym stops in the middle of the road and motions for the dwarves to regroup and take cover behind the wagons*
[20:55] <.Bynw> *Lars runs over and kisses Seanna, before she knows it! "for Luck!" I say to her*
[20:55] <.Bynw> *** END RECAP and BEGIN PLAY ***
[20:55] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:56] * +Lars_Revik laughs, and redies himself for trouble...
[20:57] <+Lars_Revik> *readies*
[20:57] <.Bynw> *the riders are moving fast as the come over the hill that Nym and the caravan has past just a few short hours before getting stuck in the mud at the bottom which is now becoming hardened sludge ...
[20:58] <+James> ??Do I see Soltaari among them??
[20:58] * +Seanna breaks free of Lars' kiss and rolls her eyes
[20:58] <.Bynw> *the condition of the road is not impairing the movement of the riders in there robes.*
[20:58] * +Jenna looks toward the noise of horses and stands still, stunned momentarily, eyes widening
[21:00] <.Bynw> * all of the riders are wearing the traditional robes of the Order of Spectral Magicians, full length robes like ancient inquisitors with hoods concealing their identies.  The lead rider is in Orange.  Followed by those in Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, White and Black.*
[21:02] * +James lowers his hands away from his scimitar.
[21:02] * +Lars_Revik bends his knees, bringing his center of gravity close to the ground, and peers at the riders through eyes slitted in study.
[21:03] <+Seanna> @@calm down Lars, don't get too antsy@@
[21:03] <+Lars_Revik> @@just being cautious, Seanna@@
[21:04] <+Seanna> @@stop crouching then!  Stop looking like you're about to attack them!  You are no match for them!@@
[21:04] <.Bynw> *Ibon just stands near the tree where the druid female once was*
[21:04] <.Bynw> (( i'm gonna wait a bit to see if Nym and DS are alive ))
[21:05] <+Seanna> ((okie dokie))
[21:05] <+_Kagi_> ((alive and back...for now)) 
[21:05] <+Lars_Revik> @@Perhaps I am, perhaps Im not..@@
[21:05] <+_Kagi_> ((let me catch up)) 
[21:06] <+Seanna> @@Lars!  Stand up and lower your sword for now!@@
[21:06] * +Lars_Revik scratches the ground in a semicircle with the tip of his blade, and slowly stands up..
[21:07] * +Lars_Revik glares at the riders.
[21:07] <+_Kagi_> ::his sword suddenly shrinks to the size of a dagger and is sheathed under his claok:: 
[21:07] <+Lars_Revik> @@I'll listen, for now, Seanna@@
[21:08] <+Seanna> @@good!@@
[21:08] <+_Kagi_> ::Turns to the group and says quietly:: "I have reiforcements on the way stall if you can..." 
[21:09] <+James> ::quietly back:: "You're planning to fight them?"
[21:09] <+_Kagi_> ::Points to Ibon:: "And someone shut him up, his preaching is giving me a headache" ::turns back to face the on comming spectrals:: 
[21:10] <.Bynw> *the lead rider comes to a halt not more that 5 yards from the wagons of the caravan and surveys the gathering of human and dwarf and others then he dismounts*
[21:10] <+_Kagi_> ::Over his shoulder:: "I always plan for the worst, but these are without a doubt the druids attackers and I will have justice..." 
[21:10] * +Jenna turns and looks at Nym as if he has gone completely mad
[21:10] * +Lars_Revik turns and says in a low voice to Nym "How shall we delay them, without fighting? Do ye think they will parley with us?"
[21:10] <+Seanna> ::mutters under her breath "oh brother!"::
[21:10] * +James raises an eyebrow at that comment . . .
[21:11] * +Lars_Revik grins sarcastically
[21:11] <+_Kagi_> ::Steps forward towards the dismounted spectral:: "Identify yourself sir." 
[21:11] <+Lars_Revik> ((sarcasticly??))
[21:11] <+Jenna> ((it was right the first time))
[21:11] <+Seanna> ((you had it right the first time))
[21:11] <+Lars_Revik> ((ty))
[21:12] <.Bynw> *The Orange Magician reaches for the hood of his robes and pulls it off his head reveling his identity as Lord Michael Duke of Stonemont, Adan's most powerful non-royal duke.*
[21:13] * +Lars_Revik eyes Nym, and watches for the slightest hint of danger from the Duke
[21:13] * +Seanna watches the Duke
[21:13] * _Kagi_ is now known as Nym
[21:13] * +James watches Ibon for cues.
[21:14] <.Bynw> "Hello Nym.  Good to see you outside of Court again." *the Duke states*
[21:15] <+Nym> ::Sneers in recognition of Stonemont:: "Duke Stonemont, come to try and arrest me again?" 
[21:16] * +Seanna rolls her eyes again and to Lars @@I absolutely HATE being in the middle of a family squabble!@@
[21:17] <+Lars_Revik> @@Nym is related to Stonemont?@@
[21:17] <+Seanna> @@I don't know, but it sure sounds like a family squabble@@
[21:17] <+Nym> ::Nods to Stonemont:: "And the rest of your followers, may I ask who they are?" 
[21:18] <+Lars_Revik> @@It sounds more like Stonemont has it in for Nym, to me, Seanna@@
[21:18] <+Seanna> @@it's still a squabble I don't want any part of!@@
[21:19] <.Bynw> "I have not interest in arresting you for anything Nym.  And per Adanian Law they are all your fellow peers." *the duke states*
[21:19] * +Lars_Revik grins slyly.. @@Well, I saw a more remote patch of trees off yander, if you would care to deign yourself upon me...@@
[21:19] <+Seanna> @@I don't think so!@@
[21:20] * +Lars_Revik grins, and remains *seemingly* silent.
[21:20] <.Bynw> "Actually we have come to help but it looks like you have the situation well at hand."
[21:20] * +Seanna looks over to where Ibon is standing
[21:21] * +Seanna watches his reaction to the exchange taking place
[21:22] <.Bynw> *The Duke looks over at James and then to Ibon*  "I see that Ibon found you James and apparently has brought you here."
[21:22] * +Lars_Revik listens more intently to the Duke....
[21:23] <+James> "Yes, sir, he did."
[21:26] <+James> "Several of the other came with us.  We just met up with Lord Nym, however."
[21:26] <.Bynw> "You've lost some horses Lord Tennes.  We shall lend you ours and get these wagons moving again and heading back to Kirsh."
[21:28] <+Lars_Revik> "Then you'll be travelling with us, Lord Stonemont?" I say to the Duke, unabashedly.
[21:28] <+Nym> ::Sniffs at the dukes suggestion:: "Does Lord benedict even know you are in Kirsh? 
[21:28] <+Nym> " 
[21:30] <+Seanna> ((I'm starting to really fade...I may not be able to last till 10))
[21:31] <+Seanna> ((if I start nodding off, p2p xp is equall to all))
[21:31] <.Bynw> *Ibon* "Your Grace.  There are indeed survivors of the attack on the druidic settlement though they know as much as we do about it."
[21:32] <.Bynw> *Duke* "Actually yes he does.  We just came from there after bringing him back his fallen men from the other caravan that was attacked.  If you had also come to us we could have helped your ruse better Nym.  We may never know who attacked the druidic settlement now."
[21:33] <+Nym> ::Smiles:: "Oh I have leads..." 
[21:33] <+James> "I hope that's not the case.  My mission from the Archdruid of Paradise is to find just that information."
[21:34] * +Lars_Revik once again interjects into the coversation. "I thought Benedict was our enemy?"
[21:35] <+James> "Benedict is the Lord of Kirsh.  We have no reason to believe he's our enemy."
[21:35] <+Nym> ::Remains absolutly concentrated on the duke:: "Do you have any idea who might be responsible for the attack yourself Lord Stonemont?" 
[21:36] <+James> "He's a potential suspect, but an unlikely one."
[21:37] * +Lars_Revik puts a finger to his chin, and looks contemplative.
[21:37] <.Bynw> *Duke* "Then you will share them with Us Lord Tennes.  As we work together to find who has violated this province.  We are convinced that it is the work of mages.  And the plural is correct, more than one wizard.  Not any form of Cleric or Druid was responsible."
[21:39] <+Seanna> "Sir, I too believe it is rogue mages.  I too was sent to find out who might be causing havoc all around"
[21:39] <+James> "Certainly no Druid!  Druids do not attack their own, even if they disagree in objective and method like Paradise and Kirsh do."
[21:40] <.Bynw> *The duke looks at Seanna, his eyes narrow slightly*  "You are a rogue mage, by Adanian Law.  Fortunately we will overlook that status right now Lady."
[21:40] <+Nym> ::Nods and looks pointedly at the other spectrals with the duke:: "Yes, I have reached the same conclusion.." 
[21:41] * +Jenna looks at Seanna worriedly
[21:42] * +Seanna stays silent
[21:42] <.Bynw> *several of the other Spectral Magicians ride their horses over to the front of the wagons and dismount.  And begin the task of releasing the dead, the wounded and still living horses from the caravan and replacing them with their own steads.*
[21:43] <+Nym> ::Stays concentrated on the duke:: "Do you think that the spectrals maybe involved, Lord Stonemont?" 
[21:44] <.Bynw> *Duke*  "By Royal writ We are placing Master Ibon Kruger in overall charge of the investigation ....  Only to find those responsible and bring them to justice."
[21:45] <+Nym> ::Smiles:: "By Anadari Law I am in charge, Lord Stonemont." 
[21:45] <+Nym> "I now sit on the council and am the watchman for this region." 
[21:46] * +Jenna rolls her eyes and looks at Kanax disheartened at the current argument
[21:46] * DarkSir is now known as Kanax
[21:47] * +Kanax is a simple Dwarf, far removed from the goings on here. He shrugs slightly toward Jenna, and continues to watch and listen.
[21:48] <.Bynw> *Duke* "Further more We are raising Master Ibon Kruger to peerage with the titles and privilages of Baron Noyes."
[21:49] <+Jenna> ((can a Duke do that????))
[21:50] * +James gives Ibon a raised eyebrow and nod of congratulation.
[21:50] <+James> ((I think it's in the royal writ.))
[21:50] <+Nym> ::Narrows his eyes at Ibon:: 
[21:50] <+Jenna> ((k, I think I'm getting the picture here))
[21:51] <+Nym> ::Looks back to Duke stonemont:: "You havn't answered me Lord stonemont::: "Do you think the spectrals could be involved in the druids attack..?" 
[21:52] <.Bynw> *turning his attention back to Nym the Duke states*  "There is no Anadari Law Nym.  And I am well aware of your appointment as a Watchman of this area.  But this IS an Adanac matter, and therefore the Crown may designate whom is in charge of any investigations."
[21:53] <+Nym> ::Smiles:: "I do not recognize adanac law over anadari matter stonemont. is that plain enough?" 
[21:53] <+Nym> ((*matter law)) 
[21:54] <+Nym> "Now, back to my question." 
[21:54] <.Bynw> "Not a chance.  The druids here have served us in ancient times keeping out intruders.  We have no quarrel with them"
[21:54] <+Nym> "Or are you evading my line of questioning? 
[21:54] <+Nym> " 
[21:56] <.Bynw> "As Earl Tennes you must recognize Adanian Law over anything else.  Unless you no longer wish to be Earl Tennes."
[21:56] <+Nym> ::Looks surprised, his mouth dropping a bit:: 
[21:57] <+Nym> ::Recovers quickly:: "Where is the writ?" 
[22:00] <.Bynw> *The Duke opens his hand towards Nym as cased scroll appears within it*
[22:06] <.Bynw> *Duke* "We are also appointing Nym Lord Tennes, Benedict Lord Kirsh, Michael Duke Stonemont to assist Baron Noyes with all the powers and abilities they have at their disposal to find out who and why the attack on Kirsh and its peoples happened."
[22:06] <+Nym> "We? You and the king? "Takes the scroll and reads it" 
[22:08] <+Nym> *::Takes the scroll and reads it:: 
[22:10] <+James> "I would like to assist, too, Your Grace, as a representative of the Archdruid of Paradise."
[22:10] <.Bynw> *Other Spectral Magician* "Master.  The wagons are hitched.  The dead have been placed within the wagons.  The livestock has been delt with appropriately.  We are ready to return the survivors to Lord Benedict's fortress."
[22:11] <+Nym> :::Closes the scroll and hands it back to Lord Stonemont with a grim expression:: "and who may i ask is Ibon to be appointed titles?" 
[22:12] <+Seanna> ((I need to get some sleep))
[22:13] <+James> ((Old Klingon saying:  "Sleep is for the weak."))
[22:13] <+Seanna> ((ok, I'm weak :-D ))
[22:13] <+James> ((lol))
[22:14] <+Seanna> ((I've really got to go...Bynw, if Seanna has any actions, just play it for me))
[22:14] <+Seanna> ((g'nite all))
[22:14] <+Nym> d20+13 
[22:14] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Nym (d20+13) and rolled 23.
[22:14] <+James> ((Take care, Mistyck))
[22:14] <.Bynw> (( me will be ending it shortly ))
[22:14] <+Seanna> ((ok, then I'll wait just a few))
[22:14] <+Lars_Revik> ((nighters ! :) ))
[22:15] <.Bynw> "The elevation to Title for Lord Ibon are appointed to him by me, under authority of the Order of Spectral Magicians."
[22:16] <.Bynw> (( we are gonna go ahead and stop here since Seanna has to go ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member