News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 42

Started by Bynw, 08 April 2011, 19:45:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:00] <anlarye> **** RECAP ****
[20:00] <anlarye> The crew of the Lady Luck is back up and functionable.
[20:00] <anlarye> They have left the 2nd moon that was attacked and
[20:00] <anlarye> flew to the 3rd moon, where the alien ship has crashed.
[20:00] <anlarye> A mothership. The size of the debris field is beyond words,
[20:00] <anlarye> and the area is very high in radiation levels. No survivors
[20:00] <anlarye> are detected at all from the scans.
[20:00] <anlarye> .
[20:00] <anlarye> One could land and exit the ship with protective gear,
[20:00] <anlarye> but for no more than an hour or two. And after that they
[20:00] <anlarye> would need to be in decontamination for at least 6 hours.
[20:00] <anlarye> .
[20:00] <anlarye> The 1st moon's atmospheric processor station is completely
[20:00] <anlarye> destroyed. The 2nd moon's station is also destroyed but in
[20:00] <anlarye> better shape, purhaps something salvagable. The 3rd moon,
[20:00] <anlarye> the same as the crash site is actually in the best shape of
[20:00] <anlarye> the three. However it too is damaged and non-functioning, and
[20:00] <anlarye> the high radiation levels limits the crew's options.
[20:00] <anlarye> **** END RECAP ****
[20:02] <Ken> "I think a moon walk is in order. Even if no survivors the tech on the atmosohere plat should be interesting."
[20:03] <Sathara> "You've got a point, but what about the radiation?"
[20:03] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "I've been running some scans of my own while we were on the other moon."
[20:03] <Sathara> "Yeah, Jaeih?  Whatcha got?"
[20:04] <Ken> "An hour should be quick enough to examine soem of the operational tech. Then we can look at teh other two moons."
[20:04] <Sathara> "Okay, yeah, the suits'll take care of us that long, but we'll have to decontaminate."
[20:05] * Ken looks at Jaeih expectantly
[20:05] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "As we believe that the aliens were targeting the atmospheric processors due to their unique alloy componants which ... we also believe to be Klade in origin. I have ran an internal scan of our ship."
[20:06] <Sathara> "Right, what did you get from that?"
[20:07] <anlarye> "There are a few componants on this ship that have the same alloy. Especially in the engineering section." *Jaeih says*
[20:07] * Ken nods
[20:07] <Sathara> "Hmmm.  Well, we already are fairly sure that "daylese" was the Z'aretti term for the Klade."
[20:09] <Raith> "Ken did we salvage the klade device from the original lady luck?"
[20:11] <Ken> "The datapad? Or the engines?"
[20:11] <anlarye> !! see OOC
[20:12] <Raith> "The pad."
[20:12] <Ken> "We have the datapad of course, it was where I got the entries on the Z'aretti."
[20:13] <Raith> "Has anyone thought to look up an entry on the daylese? Or Klade metalurgy?"
[20:13] <Ken> "There was no enrty on the daylese."
[20:14] * Ken runs an entry search on the unique alloy.
[20:19] <Ken> "According to the Klade it is unique to thme. And it can be explosive under certain conditions..."
[20:20] <Ken> "But it does not mention what those are..."
[20:21] * Ken runs a comparative analysis of the alloy on the ship against readings from the atmo plant alloy
[20:21] * papaganoush (~papaganoush@OWIRCN-accb3152.abhsia.telus.net) has joined #teara-adan
[20:23] <Ken> "apparently high radiation levels is not a condition."
[20:23] <Raith> ::gives a half smile:: "Good to know."
[20:23] * Sathara looks at Raith.  "No shit."
[20:25] <Raith> "okay so my question is this. If these Z'aretti knew their mothership was crashing, why didn't they launch in life pods or some kind of emergency craft?"
[20:26] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Because they are all in the engineering section of their ship trying to stop us?"
[20:26] <Ken> "They probably did not know how... they were many descendants from the original crew."
[20:27] <Ken> "As in many genreations."
[20:28] * Ken suddenly starts making many readings and calculations
[20:28] <Raith> ::Sits back a moment in his chair thinking::
[20:28] <Raith> "If you where the Z'aretti right now, would you want us to find you?"
[20:28] <Ken> "Hmm this alloy is extremely good at absorbing gamma radiation."
[20:31] <Raith> "So if we where in the atmo processing center we would be protected from the radiation?"
[20:32] <Ken> "Possibly, it seems to store it."
[20:33] <Ken> "May make scanning the interior harder as it absorbs more."
[20:33] <Ken> "There may be survivors inside the plant."
[20:34] <Raith> ::smiles at Ken:: "Just what I was looking for. Jaeih take us in. Ken do what you can to help keep that radiation down."
[20:34] <Ken> "If we land as close as possible to it or even fly inside it. We would likely have more time to examine the tech."
[20:35] * Ken pulls up the inventory listing
[20:35] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "So which one do you want to go to? 1st, 2nd or 3rd moon ..."
[20:37] <Ken> "Third moon gets my vote."
[20:37] <Sathara> "I'm thinking 3rd as well."
[20:37] <Ken> "If they are survivors they could be in there and it is the one with the least damaged atmo plat."
[20:38] <Ken> "We do not have any spare material of that aloy although we could salvage from the other two moons."
[20:39] <Sathara> "Right, and you said that you could get the information you want in about an hour, which is all the time we'll have before the radiation starts getting to us.  We'll have to decontaminate."
[20:39] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "I can set us down near it. We would have to walk the rest of the way. And it wouldn't be easy ... the terrain is rough, there is the radiation and the damage due to the attack and crash"
[20:40] <Ken> "Well inside the plant we would have longer. If we were not wanting to worry about survivors I could probably jury rig some extra protection from the alloys on the other moons."
[20:41] * Sathara looks at Raith.  "I think the cap'n wants to see if there are any survivors."
[20:42] * Goatmaster (~chatzilla@OWIRCN-149e7d26.res.rr.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:43] <Ken> "nods then the closer to the plant the better and if we align this part of the ship to the gamma source, we will get some additional protection."
[20:43] * Ken points to the ship's schematic indicating the engine compartment.
[20:44] <anlarye> *Jaeih plots the course and fires up the thrusters and sets the ship down after a bit of chop ... *
[20:46] * Ken suits up and sets his rad counter to warn when half an hour is up
[20:46] <Raith> "Sounds like we have a plan then. Sathara fire up the ship's PPG cannons and use them to clear us a landing space as close to the atmo plant as possible, but watch for survivors. I don't want any more deaths unless it's in self defense and absolutely needed."
[20:47] <anlarye> *night has fallen the moon. it is dark, windy and cold ... the temprature is dropping rapidly
[20:47] <Raith> "Doc. Do we have any anti-radiation meds on board?"
[20:48] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n.
[20:48] <Sathara> "
[20:49] * Sathara goes to the firing station and prepares to clear a landing space for the Lady Luck II.
[20:51] <Raith> "Prepare a full compliment for anyone leaving the ship. Doc, I want you back here for now unless I call. Can't risk you getting sick too. We're going to need you here. Be ready to move out though incase we do find survivors. See if you can find out anything about the aliens and brush up on it."
[20:52] <Sathara> "Prepare for a little turbulence, in case the cannons act a little funny inside atmo, you guys."
[20:52] <Raith> "And Doc. Lock the ship up after us this time."
[20:52] <Sathara> "I've only ever fired these in open space."
[20:53] <Sathara> "Firing now."
[20:53] * Ken hands Doc his dat on the Z'aretti
[20:53] * Sathara fires the cannons at the area where Raith had indicated he wanted landing space.
[20:54] <anlarye> *Jaeih sets the ship down in the cleared spot*
[20:55] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Do you want me to come with the party as well Captain? Or do you want your pilot to stay well
[20:55] <Raith> "Your with us Jaeih."
[20:56] * Sathara goes to put on her protective suit.
[20:56] * Ken stands by the air lock after taking some readings of the area between the lock and the atmo plant. He is wearing his customary assorment of stuff in his tool harness and belt.
[20:57] * Sathara is, as ever, wearing a weapons belt with a PPG pistol holstered at her hip.
[20:57] <Raith> ::Pushes a button on the navigation console to turn on the ship's intercom:: "Sathara, pack for some action. Non-lethal if you have it."
[20:58] <Raith> ::Stands up from the nav console and hurries to suit himself up and meet the others at the airlock. He brings his PPG pistol::
[20:58] <Sathara> "Aye, cap'n."   She grabs a stun gun and straps that to her belt as well.
[20:58] <Sathara> "You want a stunner, too, cap'n?"
[20:58] <Sathara> "There's a couple in the weapons locker."
[20:59] <Raith> "Yeah grab me one."
[20:59] <Sathara> "Okay, Ken, how 'bout you?"
[20:59] * Ken nods
[21:00] * Goatmaster has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86.1 [Firefox 3.6.16/20110319135224])
[21:00] * Sathara runs to the weapons locker, retrieves three more stun guns, and returns, giving one to Raith, one to Ken, and offering the third to Jaeih.
[21:01] <anlarye> *Jaeih takes it*
[21:01] * Ken straps on the stunner
[21:04] <Raith> ::Injects himself with some anti-radiation medicine and passes several doses out to the others::
[21:05] <Raith> "This stuff will make you a little sick to your stomach and your going to be spnding some quality time in the latrine tomorrow, but it will help."
[21:05] * Ken accepts the injector and injects himself
[21:08] <Raith> ::Finishes closing up his radiation suit, his hand hovers over the airlock cycle and he looks to the others:: "Are we green?"
[21:08] * Sathara mutters a sarcastic, "Oh lovely," but accepts the injector and injects herself.
[21:08] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "We are"
[21:09] <Sathara> "Green light here, cap'n."
[21:09] * Ken nods
[21:12] <Raith> ::Slaps the button and anxiously hefts the oversized stunner. As the airlock opens to the outside air he rushes down the ramp swiveling back and forth looking for hostiles and leading the way for the others::
[21:12] * Sathara follows Raith fairly closely, stun gun at the ready and one hand poised to pull the PPG pistol if necessary.
[21:13] <Raith> ::Suit comm, open channel:: "Remember we're here to help, but most likely we're going to be up against desperate people trying to survive."
[21:13] <anlarye> *the moon is cold and dark since it is entering a night cycle. with the atmospheric processor offline and damaged, the air is not breathable and unstable ... high winds are blowing with some form of an acidic rain
[21:14] <anlarye> *visibility out side of the Lady Luck's flood lights will be about 3 meters
[21:14] <Sathara> ::over suit comms::  "Aye, Cap'n."
[21:14] <Ken> "Aye Cap"
[21:15] * Ken keeps his eyes on his em and sonar detectors
[21:15] <Raith> ::Suit comm:: "Jaeih, cover the rear. Ken, behind Sathara. Shout out directions and let's get moving."
[21:15] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n."
[21:16] <Ken> "Over that way should be an opening"
[21:16] <Raith> ::Starts moving towards the Atmo plant. he takes a moment to switch on a flashlight mounted to the top of the stungun and leads the way::
[21:18] * Ken follows behind Sathara occasionally pointing out obstacles
[21:20] <Raith> !df 5
[21:20] <ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(-)(-)
[21:22] <Raith> ::His flashlight moves over the ground, and wreckage as they move. Occasionally he stops and takes a close look before moving on::
[21:25] * Ken takes a comparative reading on rad levels versus expected.
[21:31] <Ken> "We seem to be having some relief, either the ships engine or he plant is giving us some shielding."
[21:32] <Raith> "Lets keep moving. The less time we spend in the open the more time we have."
[21:33] <Sathara> "Roger that, Cap'n."
[21:35] <Ken> "aYE"
[21:41] <Ken> ::points over to the atmo plant:: "There should be an opening there."
[21:42] <Raith> ::Begins moving quickly in the direction Ken pointed::
[21:42] * Sathara follows Raith, equally quickly.
[21:42] <Raith> ::Suit comm:: " Sathara keep an eye out."
[21:43] <Sathara> ::Suit comm:: "Aye, Cap'n, but for what?  I don't see a damn thing except broken metal."
[21:45] <Raith> ::Suit comm:: "Ambush."
[21:46] <Sathara> ::suit comm:: "That'd put a spoke in our wheel."
[21:51] <anlarye> *the installation has been hit by the alien attack and radiation levels are not as high as they should be given the missile attack. the structure is in ruins but it will shield the crew from the wind and rain for the most part
[21:52] <Raith> "Ken do you have any scans of the interiour of this instillation?"
[21:53] <Ken> "No Cap"
[21:57] <Ken> "Once we get inside I should be able to start a radar and sonar map.
[21:57] <Ken> "
[21:57] <Raith> ??Is there a door or airlock here??
[21:59] <anlarye> !! yes there is an door ... will need be forced open as its sealed
[22:00] <Raith> ::Suit comm:: "Ken, can you get that door open for us?"
[22:01] <Ken> ::over suit:: "I can try Cap"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member