Episode 41

Started by Bynw, 27 March 2011, 22:15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:57] <anlarye> **** RECAP ****
[19:57] <anlarye> Raith has overexerted himself, his injuries were more
[19:57] <anlarye> severe than he realized. And he has collapsed and passed
[19:57] <anlarye> out. He now is resting in his quarters, with a constant
[19:57] <anlarye> monitoring by Doctor Cross.
[19:57] <anlarye> .
[19:57] <anlarye> Meanwhile, the rest of the crew have begun to go through
[19:57] <anlarye> some of the information obtained by Ken's cyber experience.
[19:57] <anlarye> While Jaeih has landed the Lady Luck on the 2nd moon the
[19:57] <anlarye> aliens attacked. Within a few klicks of the targeted site
[19:57] <anlarye> of the bombardment. Scans are on going over the past
[19:57] <anlarye> several hours.
[19:57] <anlarye> **** END RECAP ****
[19:58] * jammer854 (Mibbit@OWIRCN-1cba4226.in.comcast.net) has joined #teara-adan
[19:59] * jammer854 has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:03] * Ken continues to analyze the scans as they come in
[20:06] * Sathara stands over Jaeih, not wanting to bug the doc or the cap'n.
[20:07] <Raith> ::slowly sits up in his quarters. Groans in pain and clutches his side::
[20:07] <anlarye> *Jaeih watches the scanning data as it comes in on the sciences station off the bridge*
[20:09] <Raith> ::Slowly stands and half staggers to the door to his quarters and slaps control panel to open it::
[20:10] <anlarye> *the door doesnt open*
[20:10] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Ken is getting this same information as I run the different scans on the structure and surrounding area"
[20:11] <Sathara> "Good.  Ken, what do you make of what you're getting?"
[20:11] <Raith> ::Slaps the door panel again and curses in frustration when it doesn't open::
[20:12] <anlarye> *again the door doesn't open, but Raith's internal ship comm beeps* "You are awake .... I'll be right there to check you out. But you aren't leaving your quarters." *says the disembodied voice of Dr Cross*
[20:13] * Ken runs a comparative anlaysis of readings against the Klade moon that first landed on'
[20:13] <Ken> "Not Sure"
[20:13] <Raith> ::flips the intercom on to the medbay:: "I'm fine. Nothing but a scratch. Just needed to take a bit of a nap."
[20:14] <anlarye> *the door to Raith's quarters opens and Dr Cross comes in carrying a medkit and he closed the door behind him.* "A scratch doesn't have you pass out in mid sentence"
[20:15] <Raith> "had worse."
[20:15] <anlarye> "and a 'nap' doesn't last nearly 16 hours either." *the doctor remarks* "now sit on your bunk and let me decide if you are fit for duty"
[20:16] <Raith> "Fifth of whiskey and a roll in the bunk and I'll be right as rain."
[20:16] <Sathara> "Can you tell me what kinds of readings you're getting?"
[20:16] <Raith> ::Takes a seat on the bunk::
[20:17] <Raith> "16 hours? Dammit!. How's ken?"
[20:17] * Ken runs a comparative architecture analysis of the structure against structures in the Klade database.
[20:18] <anlarye> "Ken is doing ok and is fit for duty" *he says looking over his patient and touching and poking here and there ...*
[20:18] <Raith> ::Yelps in pain as Cross pokes a tender spot::
[20:19] <Raith> "You learn medicine at a interrogation camp Doc?"
[20:20] <Raith> "How's the Lady Luck? Where are we? Where is the LT, dammit!? I need a report."
[20:20] <anlarye> "only the best for you" *he says poking the tender spot again*
[20:20] <Raith> ::Yelps in pain and shoots the doc a dirty look::
[20:22] <anlarye> "You know, I've seen men die from PPG shots like this one. You are damn lucky it was a grazing shot and not straight on."
[20:22] <Ken> "It appears that the structure is made of the same alloy that the Klade use for ship hulls and armor."
[20:22] <Raith> "I'm too pretty to die Doc."
[20:23] <Raith> "besides that would leave you without someone to argue with."
[20:24] <Sathara> "Hmmm, that's interesting.  Maybe the Daylese and the Klade ARE the same?"
[20:25] <Raith> "Maybe I should start looking into a clone tank huh Doc?"
[20:25] <anlarye> "looks like you might be fit after all" *he gets up and goes over to the ship's computer terminal and inputs a series of commands* "all yours ... unless you drop over again"
[20:25] <Ken> "The structure looks like it was an atmos plant, terraforming the moon into someting inhabitable. No indication that it was a weapons center or base."
[20:25] <Ken> "I think they are."
[20:26] <Sathara> "Well, how about write up a report for the cap'n about it all?  He'll want to know all this, once he's awake again."
[20:26] <Ken> "We should investigate the wreck of the ship, maybe someting salvageable form the data core."
[20:27] <Ken> "Aye"
[20:27] <Raith> "had worse ass-kicking from tequila and a bar fight, what are you talking about." ::Stands up too fast from the bunk and stumbles into the wall with a grunt::
[20:27] <Sathara> "What about the radiation from the ship's reactor?  It was in pretty crappy shape when we were on board, and the reactor's bound to be gone to shit by now."
[20:27] <anlarye> "Of course Cap" * the doc says*
[20:28] * Ken starts to summarize what he experienced in point form and the data analysis on his pad.
[20:28] <Raith> ::Shoots the Doc another dirty look and slowly makes his way to the door::
[20:29] <Ken> "Eh? Right that puts an end to it then; unless I can rig something up."
[20:29] <anlarye> *Dr Cross makes the
[20:29] <anlarye> 'im watching you' gesture*
[20:29] <Raith> ::Chuckles at Doc, and slaps the door control::
[20:30] <Sathara> "I mean, I know the extravehicular suits provide some radiation protection, but I don't know that we need to fool with an exposed core, which would be about the worst case scenario."
[20:30] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "The ship is huge ... even in multiple parts ... we would be safe enough for a while with the gear ..."
[20:31] <anlarye> "as long as we stayed away from the stronger radiation points. Which we will be able to detect from orbit."
[20:31] <Raith> ::Steps into the hall and takes a sharp turn to the right towards the stairs to fire control and the bridge::
[20:31] <anlarye> *Raith's door opens as it normally should*
[20:32] <Raith> ::Limps up the stairs and onto the bridge. He drags his right leg a bit as he walks and is in obvious discomfort, but he seems stable, if slow::
[20:32] * Ken starts to sync a rad counter with a sonic detector
[20:33] <Raith> ??anyone on the bridge??
[20:33] <Sathara> "Hey, cap'n, good to see you in the land of the living again."
[20:33] <Sathara> "How's it hangin'?"
[20:33] <Sathara> ((Yes, Jaeih and I are))
[20:34] <Raith> "low and hairy, hard to carry LT. What's the sit-rep?"
[20:34] <anlarye> *Jaeih looks over at Raith with a bit of concern in her eyes for a moment and then goes back to work at the sciences station*
[20:36] <Sathara> "Well, the Z'aretti ship wrecked not far from here, and this building here seems to be some kind of terraforming plant."
[20:37] <Sathara> "Sorry, the Z'aretti ship wrecked on one of the other moons."
[20:38] <Raith> "Terraforming plant? No sentient life on this moon though?"
[20:38] <Sathara> "Ken
[20:38] <Sathara> "Ken's working you up a full report once all the readings are in."
[20:38] <Sathara> "He knows more about this stuff than I do anyway."
[20:39] <anlarye> *jaeih* "none captain"
[20:39] <Raith> ::nods to Jaeih::
[20:39] <Raith> "The plant up and running?"
[20:40] <Sathara> "Ken?  Is the terraforming plant still working?"
[20:40] <Ken> "Before it was attacked yes, but not after"
[20:41] <Sathara> "Okay, thanks."
[20:42] <Raith> "Anything here show that whoever built the plant has been around, or will be soon?"
[20:42] <Sathara> "I'm not sure.  Ken knows more than I do; he's been hovering over the readings."
[20:42] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "The atmospheres of all 3 moons are slowly destabilizing. The air is already unbreathable and getting worse by the hour on this moon."
[20:44] <Ken> "Cap, the plants were built by the Klade ot at least use the same alloy they use."
[20:44] <Sathara> "Ken's also working on a report about what he experienced while he was psychically tied to the Z'aretti ship."
[20:48] <Raith> "Z'aretti?"
[20:49] <Sathara> "That's the name of the race whose ship we were on."
[20:50] <Sathara> "According to Ken, the Klade list the Z'aretti as a race they enslaved long ago and believed to be extinct, which they do appear to be now."
[20:50] * Ken finishes his report and hands it over to Raith
[20:53] <Ken> "Z'aretti come from another galaxy."
[20:55] <Ken> "Klade enslaved and believed Z'aretti to be extinct generations ago in their home galaxy."
[20:56] <Ken> "Z'aretti ship crew were descended from original crew, generations ago."
[20:56] <Raith> ::Takes Ken's report and skims it over::
[20:56] <Raith> "Any signs of survivors from the ship?"
[20:56] <Ken> "Z'aretti were at war with the Daylese, a race that enslaved others."
[20:56] <Ken> "Negative Cap"
[20:57] <Ken> "The less than skeleton crew of the Z'aretti mothership were hunting down Daylese bases and nuking them. The structure on this moon shows the same alloy used by the Klade."
[20:58] <Raith> "Your telling me we just killed off the last of an entire species by accident?
[20:58] <Raith> "
[20:58] * Sathara blushes, surprisingly.  "Yeah, it kinda looks that way, cap'n."
[20:58] <Ken> "Not us, me, I was interfaced with the ship and my struggles to communicate and wake up nudged it off course."
[20:59] <Raith> "And you where acting under my orders Ken."
[21:00] * Ken nods but still looks grief stricken
[21:00] <Raith> "I want to know for sure if anyone survived that crash. No life boats where launched? No life signs on the moon? Nothing?"
[21:01] <Ken> "Nothing since it crashed although it is a big ship but not many crew were left. That was why it was in such disrepair."
[21:01] <Raith> "How hostile to life is that crash site?"
[21:04] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "The atmosphere will already be unbreathable due to the damage to the atmospheric processor there ... and high levels of radiation due to the nuke attacks and the alien ship's engines. Stay away from the engine areas and be able to have a few hours before our EVA suits stop providing protection."
[21:06] <Ken> "We can map the high level areas from orbit
[21:06] <Ken> "
[21:09] <Ken> "There may be some salvageable data or survivors."
[21:10] <Sathara> "The way that crash went down, somehow I doubt there are any survivors.  Salvageable data, I can believe."
[21:11] <Ken> "Doubtful but it is possible."
[21:12] <Sathara> "If you say so.  You know more about the science stuff than I do."
[21:12] <Raith> ::Nods:: "Jaeih, takes us in for a fly over the crash site. Let's get a closer look with the sensors and a visual inspection. Look for survivors."
[21:12] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "I agree with the LT. No survivors of the crash."
[21:13] <anlarye> *Jaeih taps a few keys on the sciences station* "Shutting down our scans of this place. Go strap yourselves in its gonna be a rough ride back up"
[21:13] <Raith> "I also want a scan of the planet for escape pods landing away from the site."
[21:13] <Raith> ::Takes a seat in the navigation seat::
[21:13] * Ken straps in and monitors the lift off
[21:13] * Sathara sits down at the weapons station and straps in.
[21:17] <anlarye> *the lady luck rests on the surface of the moon where Jaeih landed it nearly a day ago. she hops into the pilots seat and fires up the engines*
[21:21] * jammer854 (Mibbit@OWIRCN-1cba4226.in.comcast.net) has joined #teara-adan
[21:23] <anlarye> *she eases the lady luck up off the surface of the moon and into its thinning atmosphere ... a bit choppy and turbulent*
[21:28] <anlarye> *about 5 minutes later the ship is back in space and graceful as ever as Jaeih pilots her toward the moon where the alien ship crashed*
[21:29] * Ken unstraps and heads for engineering where he can run and make appropriate maps
[21:32] * papaganoush has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[21:32] * Sathara stays at weapons for the time being.
[21:33] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "I'll be keeping us in a high orbit while we make the scans necessary to find a safe landing site and find areas we can fly over to search for any survivors"
[21:34] * Ken starts a radiation scan as they approach
[21:39] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "What's the plan now captain?"
[21:43] <Raith> "Take us down into the atmo, then fly over the wreckage"
[21:43] * Ken uploads a topo with high rad areas marked.
[21:45] <anlarye> *jaeih* "gonna have some chop as we go in"
[21:46] * Ken straps in again
[21:47] * Sathara re-straps herself to her seat, not having left it anyway.
[21:48] <anlarye> *she takes the ship into the atmo and slowly flies near the wreckage
[21:51] <anlarye> *sight to behold ... the wreckage covers several hundred square miles on the surface of the moon .... radiation levels are all elevated and some are safer than others ... a ship of this size in a tangled mess of metal and other elements ... burned and twisted out of recognition*
[21:51] <Sathara> "Holy shit."
[21:52] <Ken> "It WAS a mothership afterall, remarkable that it lasted so long with a minimal crew."
[21:53] <Sathara> "Yeah, I expected a big frakking mess, but this is even worse than I'd thought."
[21:58] <Raith> ::Keeps an eye on the view screen, looking for any signs of life::
[21:58] <Sathara> "Ken, Jaeih, any lifesign readings?"
[21:59] * Ken scans for thermal or pockets of Oxygen
[22:01] <Ken> "None Cap"
[22:05] <anlarye> *circles the whole of the crash site*
[22:06] * Ken continues mapping out high rad spots
[22:06] <Raith> ::sits back with a sigh::
[22:08] <Raith> "Takes up and out of atmo Jaeih. Let's go take a look at the intact terraforming facility."
[22:08] <anlarye> *the devastation is unfathomable .... the moon, with a now none functioning atmospheric processor will loose what little exists of its atmosphere and due to the radiation, will never be habitable again.
[22:08] <Raith> "What a disaster. What a waste."
[22:09] * Ken nods sadly
[22:09] <Sathara> "I didn't think anybody could have survived that, though, Cap'n."
[22:09] <Sathara> "And yeah, it is a waste of life and of a good moon."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member