News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 39

Started by Bynw, 04 March 2011, 20:51:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:00] <anlarye> ** RECAP **
[20:00] <anlarye> The crew of the Lady Luck has split up. Jaeih, Sathara, Dr Cross and Ken have returned to their ship. They have found the ship has ransacked a bit. Definately was boarded in their absence. Ken is still going in and out of consciousness. His condition is not critical but the outcome is yet unknown.
[20:00] <anlarye> Raith has taken a captive of the aliens. And holds his PPG to the alien's head.
[20:00] <anlarye> Both the aliens and Raith are still in their suits due to the low environmental condition aboard the alien ship.
[20:00] <anlarye> ** END RECAP **
[20:00] * Sathara waits anxiously near the airlock of the Lady Luck, as the last she heard from Raith was to stand by.
[20:01] <Ken> "..b.la.. i.. V.. fe.. undr.."
[20:04] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "And he think's I'm rash." *she mutters to herself* "LT. Since you are in command when Raith is off the ship. Our ship appears to have been compromised. Attempting to conduct an inventory to see if we have lost anything or to see what data may have been accessed on the ships computer."
[20:05] * Sathara shakes herself loose.  "Right.  Good idea.  Keep an eye on the airlock in case the cap'n comes through.  I'm going to make sure it's just us here now."
[20:08] <anlarye> *Dr Cross has medical sealed and with full environmental system activated. Both he and Ken are out of their spacesuits and he has Ken wired up to the various monitors and support structures.
[20:11] <Ken> ::one of the monitors attached to Ken starts beeping in odd patterns::
[20:12] <anlarye> *Dr Cross looking at the monitor* "That's not right"
[20:12] * Sathara prowls the Lady Luck, pistols at the ready, looking for intruders.
[20:12] * Kagi (~Nameless@OWIRCN-a848e1fc.ma.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:12] <anlarye> (( hold for a moment ))
[20:12] <Knaight> (( Hi Kagi ))
[20:13] * Knaight is now known as KnaightDinner
[20:17] * Kagi is now known as Raith
[20:19] <Raith> ::Gives a half-smile as he adjusts his grip on the alien leader to make sure he has him wrapped up:: "BACK OFF!" ::His external suits speakers scream at the gathered aliens::
[20:20] <anlarye> :: the aliens back up but only a few paces ::
[20:21] <Raith> ::Begins dragging the leader with him down the hall:: "You make a move I promise you I'll kill you first and at least a couple of your troops before you take me. Don't do anything stupid."
[20:22] <anlarye> *as Raith moves down the hall more than 50 yards away the aliens close the distance again and maintain a 50 yard distance*
[20:22] <Raith> ::switches to his suit to suit comm:: "LT, I need you NOW! Move back to my position, tell the others to hold positions. Jaeih guards the Lady."
[20:23] <Raith> ??Is the leader still armed??
[20:23] <Sathara> ::over comms::  "Aye, cap'n."
[20:23] * Sathara rushes back to the airlock and hurries over to the hatch on the alien ship, and goes in to where Raith is.
[20:24] <anlarye> *the leader is still armed. his weapon has been holstered in his spacesuit*
[20:25] * Sathara pops up by Raith, both pistols at the ready.
[20:25] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "Disarm the captive LT."
[20:26] <Sathara> "Aye, cap'n."  Sathara holsters her left hand pistol and takes the captive's pistol out of its holster.
[20:27] <anlarye> *the alien shows little emotion has he is disarmed through his suit's helmet*
[20:27] <Raith> ::Continues to move the alien::
[20:28] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "Still got a smoke grenade LT?"
[20:28] <Sathara> ::Suit to suit:: "Aye, cap'n, got a whole belt of 'em."
[20:28] <anlarye> *the other aliens are keeping the 50 yard distance but no more than that*
[20:30] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "When I give the word your going to pop one at our feet then I'm going to try to throw up one of those barriers. I'm taking this ugly S.O.B. to the lady and we are out of here. Hopefully they wont fire on us if we have him."
[20:30] <Sathara> ::Suit to suit:: "Gotcha, cap'n."
[20:30] <Raith> ::Continues to move the alien::
[20:31] * Sathara holsters her right hand pistol and gets a smoke grenade out of the belt across her suit.
[20:31] <Raith> ??Let me know when we get close to the LAdy Luck??
[20:32] <anlarye> !! to get to the lady luck. one has to make it to the stairs ... first ... right now you are getting closer to them and the aliens are closing the 50 yard distance
[20:32] * Sathara approaches the stairs, grenade at the ready.
[20:33] <anlarye> *the aliens are now 40 yards away and appear to be closing the distance and moving toward the stairs themselves*
[20:33] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "At the bottom of the stairs pop it, then grab this ugly bastard with me and get ready to run LT."
[20:34] <Sathara> ::suit to suit:: "Aye, cap'n."
[20:34] * Sathara reaches the bottom of the stairs, pops the pin on the grenade and throws it a little beyond hers and Raith's feet.
[20:35] <Raith> *4df for shield
[20:36] * KnaightDinner is now known as Knaight
[20:37] <Raith> !roll 4df
[20:37] <ChanServ> 1 == 1
[20:37] <Raith> !4df
[20:37] <Raith> !df 4
[20:37] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)(-)(-)
[20:38] <Knaight> (( It hates you today ))
[20:38] * Sathara grabs the captive's arm left handed, grabs her right-hand sidearm, and starts to hustle him up the stairs.
[20:38] <Sathara> ??Are these humanoid aliens???
[20:38] <anlarye> *the cooridor fills with smoke again to mask your movements ...
[20:39] <anlarye> !! yes
[20:39] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "Lets move LT!" ::grabs the captives other arm and begins moving as fast as he can::
[20:39] <anlarye> *the hostage alien fights to not come with you any further ...
[20:39] <anlarye> *the others open fire into the smoke
[20:39] * Sathara pokes him in the side of his suit with her sidearm, then points the gun toward the smoke and fires twice.
[20:40] <anlarye> !df 4
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)( )(+)
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)( )
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(+)( )
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)( )(+)
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )(+)
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)( )(+)
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(+)
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(-)( )( )
[20:40] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(+)
[20:40] <Raith> ::External Comm:: "Stop now or I will shoot you in a place you wont need!"
[20:41] * Sathara fires twice again into the smoke.
[20:41] <Sathara> !df 5
[20:41] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(+)(+)
[20:41] <anlarye> *one of the shots hits Raith, fortunately these suits are somewhat protected against PPG fire. But it still burns through the suit, compromising it ... only minutes now instead of hours ... (raith is only Hurt)
[20:42] <anlarye> *one of the other shots hits the alien captive and he goes down*
[20:42] <Sathara> "Cap'n, you're hit, he's hit?!"
[20:42] <Raith> ::As he drags him, he checks if he appears dead::
[20:43] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "I'm okay, keep moving damm it!"
[20:43] <Sathara> ::Suit to suit:: "Aye, cap'n."
[20:43] <anlarye> *the alien's suit is not designed against PPG fire ... the alien is near death and the suit would provide no protection on the walk to the Lady Luck across the hull
[20:44] <Raith> "Frak!"
[20:44] * Sathara drags the alien as he becomes dead weight.  "Shit, cap'n, he's a goner.  I say we leave him and get the frak out of here."
[20:45] <anlarye> *Raith's suit will rapidly loose O2 has he makes the trip across the alien ship hull to his own ship.
[20:45] <Raith> ??Can I still make it??
[20:45] <anlarye> !! yes if you leave now and dont carry anything other than yourself
[20:46] <anlarye> *the aliens fire again into the smoke*
[20:46] <Raith> ::Suit-to-Suit:: "Drop'em. We're out of here. LT, be prepared to carry me if I pass out."
[20:46] <anlarye> !df 4
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(+)( )
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(-)(-)
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(-)(+)(+)
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(-)( )
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)( )
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(+)
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(-)(+)
[20:46] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(+)(-)
[20:46] <Sathara> ::suit to suit:: "Aye cap'n."
[20:46] <Raith> ::Drops the Alien::
[20:46] * Sathara drops the alien and turns and fires again.
[20:47] <Sathara> !df 5
[20:47] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)( )(+)
[20:47] <anlarye> *hitting nothing but the bulkheads of their own ship*
[20:47] <Raith> ::Fires as well::
[20:47] <Raith> !df 4
[20:47] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)(-)
[20:48] * Sathara reaches the hatch, opens it and hurries Raith through.
[20:50] * papaganoush (~papaganoush@OWIRCN-accb3152.abhsia.telus.net) has joined #teara-adan
[20:52] <anlarye> *the alien ship shudders a bit again*
[20:53] <Raith> ::Staggers a bit as he enters the Lady Luck, his eyes flutter::
[20:53] <Sathara> ::still on suit-to-suit::  "Cap'n, we better get you to sick bay.":
[20:54] <Raith> "Yeah I think that might be a good idea...."
[20:54] <anlarye> *once the captain and lt are on board, Jaeih closes the Lady Luck's airlock and raises the ramp*
[20:54] * Sathara helps Raith to medbay, where Dr Cross appears to be busily at work on Ken.
[20:55] <Sathara> ::internal ship comms:: "Jaeih, how secure are we?  Anybody here but us?"
[20:55] <Raith> ::Holsters his weapon and pulls off his helmet. Moments later he slaps the intercom:: "Jaeih get us out of here...I'm gonna need..." ::slides to a sitting position on the floor, sweating and breathing heavy::
[20:56] <anlarye> *Dr Cross is working on Ken* "He's in REM sleep at the moment. Stable but I don't know if he will come out of his coma." *the doc says and see's Raith's condition* "Damnit. Not the capt'n too"
[20:56] * Sathara helps Raith out of his suit so the doc can assess the damage.
[20:56] <anlarye> *the doc races over to the captain to check on his condition*
[20:57] <Sathara> !df 4 (first aid)
[20:57] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(-)
[20:57] <Raith> ::Speaks breathily, obviously in a lot of pain:: "I'll be right as rain, just need a shot of whiskey."
[20:57] <Sathara> "Doc, what do you need me to do?"
[20:58] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "YOu need rest and some O2." *he says* "Put one of the portable oxygen masks on him. And no whiskey."
[20:59] * Sathara goes to one of the cabinets and pulls out a portable O2 mask and puts in on the protesting Raith's head.
[20:59] <anlarye> *Jaeih engages the engines of the Lady Luck and lifts off from the back hull of the alien ship*
[20:59] <Sathara> *it, not in
[20:59] <Sathara> "Doc, have you got anything to give him for pain?"
[20:59] <Raith> "Get me to the bridge...." ::his voice trails off as Sathara forces the mask on him despite him turning his head side to side::
[21:00] <Sathara> "Jaeih's got the bridge, cap'n.  *YOU* need to stay put here and let the doc fix you up."
[21:00] <Raith> ::His voice distorted due to the mask:: "Nonsense, I'll be fine. Nothin' but a scratch."
[21:00] * Sathara rolls her eyes.  "Stubborn bastard."
[21:01] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Scratch hell. You've been hit. You have a class 2 PPG burn. If you weren't in that suit out there, you would be most likely dead."
[21:02] <Sathara> ::over ship comms:: "Jaeih, are we alone on the Lady?  Never did hear back from you on that?"
[21:03] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Yes we are alone LT. HOw is Raith?"
[21:03] <Sathara> ::over ship comms:: "He's hit, but the doc can fix it if he'll stop with the testosterone poisoning and let the doc do his job."
[21:05] <Raith> "Frak me, I'm fine. How is Ken?"
[21:05] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "He's in a coma."
[21:06] <Sathara> "Cap'n, do us all a favor and let the doc do his frakking job.  You're hit, you're burnt, you're probably oxygen deprived from crossing in a compromised suit, and you frakking well need to be treated."
[21:07] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Captain, if you are fine. We've cleared the alien ship ... and I've ran a scan on it. It's in a decaying orbit of the moon. It will crash on it's surface within an hour." *she says over the shipcom*
[21:08] <Raith> ::Looks worried:: "Dammit! Doc, help Ken. I'm not in a comma"
[21:09] <Raith> ::Stands up and slaps the intercom on:: "Anything we can do Jaeih?"
[21:10] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Not unless we reboard it and find out what's wrong. This ship is a class 10 mothership. we are a speck compaired to it*
[21:10] <Raith> ::Yells out in pain as he stands::
[21:10] <TheDarkPowers> anlarye: Error: No closing quotation
[21:10] * anlarye has kicked TheDarkPowers from #teara-adan (bye)
[21:11] <Ken> !df 4
[21:11] <ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(+)
[21:11] <Sathara> "Cap'n, will you for the sake of all that's holy just let the doc take care of you?!  Get your ass on a table and let him look at you good."
[21:14] <Ken> !df 4
[21:14] <ChanServ> Result: ( )( )( )( )
[21:16] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "The alien ship is firing its thrusters ... "
[21:16] * TheDeryni (Mibbit@Flirt.Storyteller.Wiseass) has left #teara-adan
[21:16] <Sathara> "Oh frak."
[21:17] <Sathara> ::over comms:: "Which way does it look like she's trying to go, Jaeih?"
[21:18] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Looks like she is trying to regain altitude and reach a stable orbit"
[21:18] <Sathara> "Shit."
[21:20] <Sathara> "If I can get our stubborn captain to pay attention to the medic, I'll be there in a minute."
[21:20] <Sathara> ((That should have been ::over comms::))
[21:23] <Raith> "We open one door and nearly crash the thing! What a pile of shit!"
[21:24] * Sathara chuckles.  "Yeah, but we're out one crew member and you, sir, are injured, so I'd say they got theirs in."
[21:24] <Sathara> "Now get your ass on a table and let the doc deal with that burn."
[21:24] <Raith> ::Slides back down the bulkhead with another yell of pain:: "LT, get the frak out of here and to the bridge."
[21:24] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Hold still" *he pokes and prods the captains right hip, sending waves of pain as he does*
[21:25] <Sathara> "Aye cap'n, mind doctor's orders."
[21:25] <Raith> ::Yells out in pain::
[21:25] * Sathara heads to the bridge.
[21:25] <Sathara> "Jaeih, keep us in their shadow."
[21:25] * Sathara sits down at the turret station.
[21:26] <Ken> !df 4
[21:26] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)( )
[21:27] * Ken suddenly flails on the table into a spread eagle position; disconnecting some cables in process.
[21:27] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "the ship has fired its thrusters several times. leveled out, gained some altitude but again it's lost that gain and dropped back into a decaying orbit ... 20 minutes or less and its gonna be wreckage across a wide area"
[21:28] <Sathara> "Good.  Keep us away from its firing end."
[21:28] * Ken right hand suddenly clutchrs at his chest and violently pulls off the heart monitor tab
[21:29] <Ken> !df 4
[21:29] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)( )( )
[21:29] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "We arent being targetted at all. No locking signals. Infact no signals"
[21:29] <Sathara> "Good.  I'd like to keep it that way."
[21:30] <Raith> ::Sweating and grimacing in pain:: "Dammit Doc you using pliers or what!. Just get me back in the action. I can bleed on your table later."
[21:30] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Not again." *he gives Raith one of the tools of the trade* "Hold that to your burn" *and goes over to Ken attempting to stop the seizures*
[21:30] <Ken> ".. i .. ha... ings.. i fl.. "
[21:31] <Ken> !df 4
[21:31] <ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)(-)
[21:31] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "I'm going to give him a stim, nothing else seems to do anything." *hits Ken with a hypo full of stimulants*
[21:31] * Ken arms start violent waving in an odd manner
[21:31] <Raith> ::Holds the instrument to his burn and yelps in pain::
[21:31] <Ken> !df 4
[21:31] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(+)(-)
[21:32] <Sathara> ::internal comms:: "Doc, how's it going in there?"
[21:32] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "I'll let you know"
[21:33] * Sathara 's eyebrows go up.  "Jaeih, keep me posted; I'm gonna go check on the cap'n and Ken again."
[21:33] * Ken 's eyes snap open flinging tiny droplets of blood, his eyes are totally blood shot and he works his jaw as his foams bit at the mouth
[21:34] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Aye."
[21:34] <Ken> "must.. fly. mwhhah like Superman... hehehagaa"
[21:34] * Sathara reappears in medbay.  "Doc, it's frakking chaos in here.  What can I do to help?"
[21:35] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Ken, can you hear me" *he says grabbing ahold of the engineer*
[21:36] <Raith> ::Pushes himself to his feet and growls in pain. he begins limping his way towards the bridge as the others are occupied in sick bay::
[21:36] <Ken> "I am a magnet and repel awaayyy...."
[21:36] * Ken focuses on Doc with great diffulculty.
[21:37] <Sathara> "No, you don't, cap'n.  Jaeih's got the bridge under control.  The alien ship is going down, and *you* need to heal."
[21:37] <Ken> "Doc where did the ground go?"
[21:37] * Ken suddenly grabs Doc's arm.
[21:37] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Ground? What are you talking about"
[21:38] <Ken> "Z'arretti"
[21:39] * Ken falls back
[21:40] <Ken> "I.. the crew are Z'arretti.. I was falling.. they are fighting.."
[21:42] <Ken> "Many gen... have I been servin... must stop ground..."
[21:43] <Ken> "Continue against the... daylese.. Have you stopped the ground Doc?"
[21:43] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Yes I've stopped the ground ... Captain?" *he says turning to Raith*
[21:44] <Raith> ::Looks over at Dr Cross:: "What's up Doc?"
[21:44] * Ken relaxes slightly
[21:46] <Raith> ::Limps over to Ken's bedside::
[21:46] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "He said 'daylese'. Didn't the one ship-to-ship comm with the aliens say that when we first detected them?"
[21:50] <Raith> "Yeah something about hiding and slaves."
[21:50] <Raith> "You think he's connected to the ship somehow?"
[21:51] <Raith> "Sounds like he was concerned about crashing into the ground."
[21:51] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "He might have been. My training isnt in the those mental arts. Very few if any understand them."
[21:52] <Ken> "Cap.... the crew on that ship.. Z'aretti fighting gagainst dalese. fenerations on the ship.."
[21:52] <Raith> "What do you think will happen to him if the ship goes down?"
[21:52] <Raith> ::Looks to Ken concerned::
[21:53] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "I don't know. He could possibly die. Like dreaming you are drowning and dying from it. Rare but happens."
[21:53] <Ken> "only a few hundred left... not enough to maintain ship properly."
[21:54] <Raith> ::Looks to Ken:: "Who are the daylease?"
[21:54] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "According to our scans and just observations that ship is gonna crash within minutes. I'm moving us to a safer distance incase there is a large radiation release"
[21:55] <Raith> ::Limps over to a comm station:: "Jaeih, patch me through to the alien ship."
[21:55] <Ken> "enemy, haters of all life, even their own slaves will die."
[21:55] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "I'm opening a channel now"
[21:56] <Ken> "once no longer of use"
[21:56] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "They arent responding. But we are broadcasting"
[21:57] <Raith> ::Turns on the comm and opens the channel:: "Z'aretti ship. Your ship's orbit is decaying. Do you have escape pods. Respond."
[21:58] <Raith> ::Ship's intercom:: "Jaeih, anything we can do to help the ship?"
[21:58] <anlarye> *as Jaeih pipes the comm channel through to the lab. there is nothing but static*
[21:58] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Not from here and not even if we were still on board at this point. She's about to hit"
[21:59] <Sathara> ::ship's intercom:: "Jaeih, are we safely away?"
[22:00] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Given the information we have. Yes."
[22:00] <Sathara> ::ship's intercom:: "Roger that."
[22:01] * Ken 's eyes snap shut and sweat breaks out on his forehead.
[22:02] <Ken> !df 6
[22:02] <ChanServ> Result: (-)( )( )(+)( )(+)
[22:02] <anlarye> *Dr Cross* "Not again!!" *reaches to get another stim hypo*
[22:03] * Ken relaxes into a deep sleep
[22:05] <anlarye> *from the lab no one can witness the alien ship crashing and the ensuing explosion on the moon's surface below, only Jaeih watches it happen*
[22:05] * Ken 's eyes suddenly snap opne and he sits upright
[22:05] <anlarye> *the lady luck rocks and shakes abit though from a shockwave rising from the surface of the moon*
[22:05] * Sathara looks alarmed.  "Holy frak!"
[22:06] <Ken> "Frak too far.."
[22:06] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Frak ... automatic controls are offline ... and I'm switching to manual ... its going to be a little rough for a few minutes"
[22:07] * Ken looks very tired and, unusual for him, sad.
[22:07] <Sathara> ::ship's intercom:: "Aye, Jaeih."
[22:09] <anlarye> *the shaking stops and the ship returns to normal operations*
[22:12] <Raith> ::intercom:: "Jaeih, any survivors?"
[22:13] * Ken looks to the intercom
[22:14] <anlarye> *Jaeih* "Unable to tell right now. No escape pods launched before the crash ... too much radiation right now to get any kind of an accurate scan of the crash site"
[22:15] <Ken> "Doc am I clear to return to duty?"
[22:16] <anlarye> *Dr Cross looks at Ken* "Limited. Both of you." *He says looking at the Captain"
[22:16] * Ken nods
[22:17] <Raith> "Ken what the frak just happened!?"
[22:17] <anlarye> *doc* "report anything unusual. tastes, smells, headaches, bleeding. anything at all. Sathara watch them both."
[22:18] <Sathara> "Like a hawk, doc."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member