Bynw

20:09 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:09 <~bynw> |          Session 31 - Imperial Dreams
20:09 <~bynw> |
20:09 <~bynw> | Abandoning the course to Kirsh. The adventurers
20:09 <~bynw> | travel south to the Adanac Imperial Capital of
20:09 <~bynw> | South Wind. Rebuilt from the Mohadine war in
20:09 <~bynw> | even greater glory than it had before.
20:09 <~bynw> | They see a few other skyships in the air around
20:09 <~bynw> | the city. All cruising leasurly like giant kites
20:09 <~bynw> | on the winds of a summer day.
20:09 <~bynw> | But this late summer. And everyone knows what
20:09 <~bynw> | happened less than a day ago. When Kirsh became
20:09 <~bynw> | alive once more. It's psychic presence is still
20:09 <~bynw> | felt just out of reach, like a whisper on the
20:09 <~bynw> | wind. A whisper of cold, calculated power.
20:09 <~bynw> | Using magic to disembark the flying ship, the
20:09 <~bynw> | four make their way by foot to the palace
20:09 <~bynw> | grounds. The streets are congested with people
20:09 <~bynw> | for maybe today a new Emperor will great them.
20:09 <~bynw> | And even more people at the Imperial Senate as
20:09 <~bynw> | they make their way towards the doors leading
20:09 <~bynw> | within.
20:10 <~bynw> *there is tension in the air. it can be felt as the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. people are nervious. everyone knows why, even those without talent know that Kirsh has returned to power. and they are scared.*
20:11  * Alianna stays fairly close behind Alderic as they walk through the palace grounds.
20:11 <~bynw> *the city watch can be seen at every corner of every street. they must have deputized hundreds to have such numbers. and the imperial guard can be seen all around the Imperial Palace grounds as well as troops from every member state of the Empire*
20:11  * Alianna has to remind herself not to put her hands on her weapons so as not to attract the attention of the soldiers and guards.
20:12  * Maydla stays close to Alderic as well, casting glances around and towards the watchmen.
20:13 <~bynw> ::Audric walks with the others, but seemingly without a care::
20:15 < Alderic> ::An imposing figure in robes that obviously mark him as a mage of some sort he intimidates his way through the crowd gently but firmly with a voice like gravel crunching under wagons wheels:: "Make way!"
20:15 <~bynw> *the very crowd on the street pushes you closer to the Senate building where the Imperial Guards stand watching the open doors and who is coming and who entering
20:17 <~bynw> *the crowd parts as Alderic moves through them with the others close behind him*
20:17 <~bynw> *the halls of the Senate are crowded as everyone slowly funnels through. and the guards close off access just a few people after you are through the doors. the galleries are packed*
20:17  * Maydla feels a little unsettled.
20:18 < Alderic> ::Over his shoulder as he keeps moving:: "I wish I could be as carefree as you seem Audric. Do you know something I don't?"
20:19 <~bynw> *it is standing room only as you find a place above the Senate floor in one of the overlooking galleries*
20:20 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Old enough to know better. It's been a long time since I was in here. But then it wasn't this building. They rebuit it after the Mohadine attack."
20:21 <~bynw> *catching bits of the conversations around you as everyone comes in looking for a place to watch*
20:21 <~bynw> "... they cleared the galleries to vote in private ..."
20:21 <~bynw> "... it's unheard of ..."
20:22 <~bynw> "... Kirsh is to blame! ..."
20:22 <~bynw> "... don't say it's name! ..."
20:22 <~bynw> "... the Emperor will be another Valimarian cultist ... "
20:23 <~bynw> *the chamberlain pounds his staff on the stone floor of the Senate drawing attention and demanding silence without himself speaking a word*
20:26 <~bynw> ::Senate Chamberlain:: "A word to the wise" ::he says, his voice enhanced by magic for all to hear loud and clear:: "there is to be no outbursts from the galleries or we will envoke silence apon them."
20:27 <~bynw> ::he pounds the tip of his staff again on the stone floor::
20:29 <~bynw> ::Senate Chamberlain:: "Good peoples of the Empire. Adanac once more is ruled by it's rightfull Emperor."
20:32 <~bynw> "His Emmenance. Jeffery Leclerc, President of the Florantine Republic, Emperor of Adanac" ::the Senate Chamberlain declares as the new Emperor rises from his seat at the Senate::
20:34 <~bynw> ::Jeffery Leclerc. The President of the Florantine Republic. He is somewhere in his mid 40s, in physical shape with a lean body but he is rather short. His red curly hair is very pronounced. He waves to the crowds in the galleries::
20:37  * Alianna notes with some amusement that her hair would look like that if she cut it short.
20:39 <~bynw> ::The Emperor:: "My people. I have been honored by my peers to lead the Empire at this difficult time." ::he begins, his Cana is perfect, no accent at all::
20:40  * Alianna listens quietly.
20:41 <~bynw> "I come to the throne during a crisis. Much like my predecesor. And much like him. I pick up the baton and I run with it."
20:43 <~bynw> "We have a crisis that arose suddenly and without any forewarning. We all know it. There is no hiding the fact that some force has empowered Kirsh."
20:45 <~bynw> ::the Emperor pauses:: "And there are other stories regarding our dwarven brothers there as well. These are most disturbing."
20:46 <~bynw> "We shall, on this day, decree that the protectors of the Empire, the Order of Spectral Magicians and the former protectors of the Empire. The Anadari Knights, be called into service once more. And jointly go to Kirsh and uncover the truth of what lies there."
20:47  * Alianna raises her eyebrows speculatively but says nothing.
20:52 <~bynw> ::the Emperor:: "That is our first duty as your Emperor. Peace and protection of the Empire is paramont. And Kirsh threatens that peace. We shall know." ::he takes his seat and the Senator's stand and applaud::
20:53  * Alianna nods, thinking.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member