Started by Bynw, 11 July 2014, 07:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:56 < bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:56 < bynw> |          Session 38 - Imperial Dreams
20:56 < bynw> |
20:56 < bynw> | Several days have past while the trio are again
20:56 < bynw> | guests of Hemmelhold's Lord, Audric Schear.
20:56 < bynw> | They see little of him these past few days.
20:56 < bynw> | The crew of the Aerie including her Captain, are
20:56 < bynw> | given more time training in the mountains. There
20:56 < bynw> | are live fire exercises setting off cannons
20:56 < bynw> | against stationary and moving targets alike.
20:56 < bynw> | Alderic is interviewed by a couple of the
20:56 < bynw> | resident wizards of Hemmelhold, to borrow his
20:56 < bynw> | idea of a magical platform to be used by the
20:56 < bynw> | future crews of airships.
20:56 < bynw> | Maylda is given a chance to walk throught the
20:56 < bynw> | various gardens and view the tomes that
20:56 < bynw> | Hemmelhold has on the use of various plants and
20:56 < bynw> | herbs. Not only for mundane healing of various
20:56 < bynw> | ailments, but also for food and beauty.
20:56 < bynw> | Despite Hemmelhold's apparent preffered state
20:56 < bynw> | of isolation the people and government are well
20:56 < bynw> | informed. Hemmelhold has agents in every city
20:56 < bynw> | of the Empire and beyond it would seem.
20:56 < bynw> | After several decades of debate and coutner
20:56 < bynw> | debate the Synod of Bishops have reversed
20:56 < bynw> | their stated position on the training of
20:56 < bynw> | the arcane arts and on the Anadari. This has
20:56 < bynw> | caused the Aman Order to be removed from the
20:56 < bynw> | general Synod because they steadfastly remain
20:56 < bynw> | opposed to any other group training people
20:56 < bynw> | in the arcane arts. To them, the Anadari and
20:56 < bynw> | the Spectral Magicians are evil and should
20:56 < bynw> | not ever be trusted. The Synod is even
20:56 < bynw> | concidering disbanning the Aman Order if
20:56 < bynw> | they cause any further disruptions or
20:56 < bynw> | any form of trouble against the Holy Church.
20:56 < bynw> | Sadly, there are also reports that the
20:56 < bynw> | Mohadine have increased their activity on
20:56 < bynw> | the eastern seas of the Empire.
21:01 < bynw> ::one of Audric's men comes to find the trio together telling them only that "it's time"
21:02  * Alianna takes a deep breath and leans toward Erinn Cridmeen, her new second in command.  "All right, you have the conn.  Keep them practicing and sharp."
21:08 < Alderic> ::Looks up from a book and nods, closing it and stuffing it into the sack at his waist::
21:08 < Alderic> ::Stands and motions the man to lead the way::
21:09 < bynw> ::Maylda also follows behind them::
21:11 < bynw> ::the man leads them through the palace, down several familiar halls and then into some that aren't::
21:12 < bynw> ::he opens a door to a dimly lit room. there are only 3 other people in the room all standing around a long table. Audric is one of them::
21:14 < bynw> ::Audric motions for the 3 of you to come in::
21:15  * Alianna steps into the room, looking around alertly.
21:17 < bynw> ::Maylda follows Alianna into the room::
21:24 < bynw> ::the man closes the door once everyone is in the room::
21:24 < bynw> ::Audric gestures towards the long table he and the others are standing around:: "Well here he is ... "
21:27 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Come and see one of the greatest threats to the Quarette"
21:28 < Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow and looks at what Audric is gesturing at::
21:30 < bynw> ::the table isn't a table at all ... it is deep sarcophagus with a wood panel exterior. laying within it is Chadwick, apparently in full health::
21:32 < bynw> ::he is dresses not in his usual homespun rags but in the clothing found amoung the people of Hemmelhold::
21:33 < Alderic> "Is he, has my Father already....?"
21:34 < bynw> ::Audric:: "Your father hasn't done anything to him yet. He is is normal self. But rather heavily sedated with Merasha right now and a few other drugs to keep him asleep and dosile"
21:35 < Alderic> "are we here to interrogate him then?"
21:36 < bynw> ::Audric:: "No. We have everything we need from him. He's just here so you could see him before your father has his way with him. I think mine would be better ...."
21:39 < Alderic> "How so?"
21:43  * Alianna looks quizzically in Audric's direction, clearly thinking what Alderic said.
21:46 < bynw> ::Audric:: "My idea was to have his mind wiped completely and then reprogrammed to be a productive member of society, using his gifts for people rather than against them."
21:50 < Alderic> ::shrugs:: "Where does that line of thinking lead? Where does it stop?"
21:52 < Alderic> "Why not all killers, then all criminals, then those with criminal inclinations, then those who think differently."
21:57 < Alderic> "Some people are just better extinguished." ::sneers at Chadwick prone form:: "Some things."
21:58 < bynw> ::Audric:: "A capital crime would have this 'death of personality' rather than just killing the offender outright. A life of pentenance devoted to good works."
22:00 < bynw> "But I do agree. Some just need to be extinguished." ::Audric looks down at Chadwick::
22:01 < Alderic> "He will have his choice, as my father says. I have no doubt my father will end his existence should he choose poorly."
22:03 < bynw> ::Audric waves the other 2 men in dismissal and they nod and depart:: "We will have to deliver this to your father at somepoint soon. We should leave Hemmelhold as soon as you are ready to head back to wherever we are going next."
22:06 < Alderic> "What have you found from Chadwick's mind?"
22:10 < bynw> ::Audric pulls out a small glass orb, about 10 inches around. within the orb is a swirling smokey cloud:: "Everything he knows is in here"
22:13 < bynw> ::within the dimly lit room an smokey cloud appears spreading between Audric and the others, within the cloud dark shapes come and focus into being. one is Chadwick, the other is another man whom Chadwick is swearing his allegence to
22:16 < bynw> ::the language being spoken is not Cana but you can understand it anyway. the other man is named Ibon Kruger ze Anlarye::
22:21 < bynw> ::the shadowy phantasm holds without moving:: "This is when Chadwick believed his Lord was returning." ::Audric says::
22:23 < Alderic> "Returning? He served Ibon before?"
22:24 < bynw> "No, his Lord is Leopold. But Ibon was a decendant of Leopold's best apprentice."
22:25  * Alianna raises her eyebrows at the revelation that Chadwick was in fact serving Leopold.  "So who is this Ibon character?"
22:25 < bynw> ::Audric:: "It will take day to shift through the memories of Chadwick. He is very old. Centuries in fact. A lot of memories there."
22:26  * Alianna nods.
22:27 < Alderic> "I believe my father mentioned Ibon. I've heard him tell stories. They met. He was a Spectral Mage working for the Stonemont family."
22:28 < bynw> ::the shadows of Chadick and Ibon become part of the smokey vapor of the cloud again and then it reforms again into Chadwick, surrounding him are nearly 40 owlbears
22:29 < Alderic> "So this Ibon is the mysterious shadowy lord?"
22:29 < bynw> :: and then Chadwick bends his knee and lowers his head. A ghostly hand, shimmering in light, touches his head. And Chadwick rises
22:31 < bynw> ::before him stands a man, not Ibon, who is translucent, wearing clothing and armor of long ago. Chadwick addresses him as Lord and speaks this time in Valmari::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member