• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Here there be Dragons

Started by Bynw, 29 August 2007, 22:03:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:03:31] <~Bynw> *Tara had followed Nym out of the courtyard* "So we are going to Torr?"
[20:09:00] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes her hand for a moment and smiles warmly at her; something rare for him:: "Yes. You've seen my culture, my views, it's time I see your home. My students can handle things here for awhile. And I need to look in on the library at Torr, I have plans for the Mariabronn matrix."
[20:09:34] <Nym_Gibran> (brb, got to attend to something for a min.)
[20:11:08] <~Bynw> "How do you want to travel there?"
[20:16:30] <Nym_Gibran> ::his smile widens:: "I thought perhaps you and I could spend sometime traveling together." ::he pauses::
[20:19:50] <Nym_Gibran> "I uh, I'm not sure of the ettiquete in this situation. I enjoyed our last flight together, but I don't want to, uh, offend anyone or embarrass you in any way."
[20:20:46] <Nym_Gibran> "How do other dragons view riders and the dragons that carry them?"
[20:21:53] <Nym_Gibran> ::he shuffles his feet in embarrassment himself:: "I have a lot to learn."
[20:22:47] <~Bynw> "When we let someone ride on our backs it is of friendship or mutual gain."
[20:24:10] <~Bynw> "Much like your friendship with Iamar. She is not a 'mount'. But a steadfast companion."
[20:28:05] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and smiles:: "Well then, could you take me then?"
[20:28:38] <~Bynw> "sure" *she says taking him to the roof of the castle*
[20:31:44] <Nym_Gibran> ::Eyes her, waiting to see if she plans on throwing him off again::
[20:34:48] <~Bynw> *she leads him to a spot on the roof away from the sight of the courtyard where the others may still be in practice and training and drops her spell holding the human shape*
[20:37:20] <Nym_Gibran> ::his eyes widen and his mouth drops just an inch as he still marvels at Tara's natural shape:: "Beautiful."
[20:38:01] <Nym_Gibran> ::He hops to the top of a Crenel as a sort of step ladder::
[20:38:21] <~Bynw> *her head twists and looks at nym as he climbs up on her back*
[20:39:02] <~Bynw> @@ "it will take a few days this way" @@ *she says in his mind*
[20:44:29] <Nym_Gibran> "Are you saying you'd rather not have sometime together under the stars?" ::he says with a wry grin::
[20:45:05] <Nym_Gibran> ::He climbs up, not even waiting for an answer::
[20:45:27] <~Bynw> *not giving an answer she takes flight heading north west*
[20:51:05] <Nym_Gibran> ::He holds on tightly, remembering the sudden shifts in flight last time. With a grin and a moment of concentration he uses his power to stick to surfaces to anchor him to Tara's scales:: @@ So let's have some fun. Show me what it is to be master of the skies.@@
[20:52:39] <~Bynw> @@"dragons are not the masters of the skies .... we are the masters of everything"@@
[20:55:13] <~Bynw> *she begins to make a circle upward*
[20:55:28] <~Bynw> @@ "I hope you can hold your breath" @@
[21:00:29] <~Bynw> *she continues to circle upwards the air grows colder*
[21:01:29] <~Bynw> *and even though it is daytime it begins to darken*
[21:02:00] <~Bynw> @@ "I dont like it up this high most of the time. Its far to cold for  my tastes"@@
[21:03:14] <~Bynw> *without any aid, Nym finds it difficult to breath and keep warm*
[21:03:19] <Nym_Gibran> ::Uses a bit of body control to keep himself from being too uncomfortable as he marvels at the sky and the stars above::
[21:04:35] <Nym_Gibran> @@How far does the sky go? Does it end? What is beyond it?@@ ::his curious nature get's the best of him and his mind fires questions off in rapid fire@@
[21:04:39] <Nym_Gibran> ::
[21:06:07] <~Bynw> @@ "we can see the stars in the day from here. but they do not twinkle. the sky does end indeed and not too much higher than we already are ... as to what is beyond it ... wonders. so i hear" @@
[21:06:43] <~Bynw> *she tucks her wings and dives*
[21:07:48] <Nym_Gibran> ::He grins:: @@ Someday I will travel there...and beyond. I'll travel farther then anyone ever has. Beyond the horizon."
[21:08:10] <Nym_Gibran> @@
[21:08:39] <~Bynw> *the g-force is intense as Tara spirals down heading back for the land far below them*
[21:09:32] <~Bynw> !! roll stamina
[21:10:07] <Nym_Gibran> ::Lets loose with a battle cry as the wind whips through his hair. Though he may not take well to the ocean, he seems to take to the sky with a vigor::
[21:10:28] <Nym_Gibran> roll 5df+
[21:10:29] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 5df+ and gets (+)( )( )( )( ) Good
[21:11:35] <~Bynw> *nym survives the gforces and doesnt black out on the way down ... as tara pulls back up and swoops a few yards from the ground itself*
[21:14:47] <Nym_Gibran> ::Again he throws back his head and yells with exultation fading off into a hearty laugh of glee:: @@ What I wouldn't give to fly as you do, you are truly blessed Tara.@@
[21:16:05] <~Bynw> *she swoops back up and makes a few circles ... each time is graceful movement to slower herself down until she finally lands on the grassy wide open fields*
[21:18:28] <Nym_Gibran> ::With a psionic enhanced leap he vaults to the ground.:: "Amazing. I can see why you leave the desert to take to the skies."
[21:19:44] * Mark has joined #teara-adan
[21:20:04] <Mark> I apologize. Practice held over for an hour.
[21:20:19] <~Bynw> (( that's ok ... this isnt game night ))
[21:20:27] <~Bynw> (( this is a one on one ))
[21:20:49] <Mark> (( Sorry for the interruption, I thought it was thursday... Well, then, again I apologize.))
[21:21:07] <Nym_Gibran> ::he looks up at Tara, questioningly and up at the sky:: "Tired? Or just feel like walking?"
[21:22:12] <~Bynw> @@"The desert is too dry for my skin. And I need to stretch when I can too. I am a little tired. Do you have your bearing yet?"@@
[21:23:04] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks around, then up at the sun trying to get an idea of his location::
[21:24:28] <~Bynw> *the lands around them are grassy plains to the horizon in every direction ... save for east ... mountains can be seen in the far distance. the sun's position is that of late of afternoon ... similar to the position it would be if Nym were at home in Tennes*
[21:27:18] <Nym_Gibran> "Hmm, somewhere on the plains of Altair would be my guess, but I'm not quiet sure."
[21:28:09] <Nym_Gibran> ::He chuckles:: "I wasn't paying attention to distance and direction."
[21:28:58] <~Bynw> @@ "no silly. this is the south of Halifax, the Dawson plains. the mountains far to the east are Einar. we have travelled far and in a short time." @@
[21:31:13] <Nym_Gibran> ::He squints at the far off mountains:: "Then the river Maine is....to the west?"
[21:32:30] <~Bynw> @@ "Very good" @@
[21:33:42] <Nym_Gibran> ::He looks at her with just a hint of confusion, but a wry grin none the less:: "You've taken us well north of Torr."
[21:35:11] <~Bynw> @@ "not really. Torr is at the southern mouth of the Maine" @@
[21:35:53] <~Bynw> *she begins to walk slowly* @@ "so where do you wish to walk?" @@
[21:36:49] * Mark has quit IRC (Quit: )
[21:38:03] <~Bynw> @@ "we can rest out here on the plain for the night and then fly the rest of the way in the morning" @@
[21:40:38] <Nym_Gibran> ::He heightens his hearing and listens for the rush of water nearby, a river or lake::
[21:43:00] <~Bynw> *he can hear the rush of a stream or small river ... nothing large*
[21:44:34] <Nym_Gibran> ::swivels his head to give him an idea of the direction of the brook and points in it's direction:: "A tree by the river side would be ideal."
[21:45:36] <Nym_Gibran> ::waves Tara on and begins walking in that direction::
[21:47:34] <~Bynw> *she follows him, they reach the brook within half an hour walking*
[21:51:08] <Nym_Gibran> ::Picks up sticks and such to be used as firewood on the walk, dropping them under a shaded tree at the rivers edge:: "Tell me of your home country Tara."
[21:51:46] <~Bynw> *when the pair arrive at the site Nym has choosen for their encampment Tara casts her spell giving her human shape and form*
[21:51:55] <~Bynw> "Torr you mean?"
[21:54:33] <~Bynw> "Not much too tell really. Torr is an island paradise. The wilderness is unspoiled but magically kept in check as we have tropics and deserts and forests side by side one another. Only 3 cities have ever been built on the island. Mainly for the use of visitors."
[21:58:49] <Nym_Gibran> ::Sneaks a peek at her human form with an eye for her curves:: "The populace lives in the outdoors then?"
[22:03:17] <~Bynw> "considering the majority are dragons yes. our humanoid population lives in the cities as do many of the haldren"
[22:05:18] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "It certainly sounds like paradise on earth."
[22:06:33] <Nym_Gibran> "No war, no infighting? No Anadari?"
[22:09:04] <~Bynw> "The dragon clans have their own infighting along clan and family lines as we have had for countless centuries. War .. we only make war on pirates bold enough to take ships in our waters. Anadari... there are maybe 3."
[22:10:36] <Nym_Gibran> "And how do you and Soltaari fit into all of it?"
[22:13:58] <~Bynw> "I am royalty. I have a sizable fortune of my own. I am currently 4th in line to the throne, though I do not ever want it. My father says he is 3rd inline to the throne but he could rule if he wanted to."
[22:17:48] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and sighs:: "Yes. You and I have something in common. The burden of rank." ::he pulls at a leather cord hidden under his shirt, at the end of it is a thick signet ring with the stamp of House Tennes engraved on the top. He fingers the ring for a moment::
[22:20:19] <Nym_Gibran> "Though I suppose King Darion gives me favor by forcing only the barest responsibility on my rank upon me."
[22:21:11] <~Bynw> "You rule in your lands. I have no such duties. I have courtly appearances but other than that I am left alone to do as I choose"
[22:23:07] <Nym_Gibran> ::He chuckles a bit and replaces the ring under his shirt:: "The man has no heir and I often wonder at just how close a relationship he and his Duke keep. I suspect a very close one indeed."
[22:27:04] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a seat under the tree and leans against it:: "You know I intend to defy Soltaari?"
[22:27:58] <Nym_Gibran> ::He watches her now, her reaction::
[22:30:22] <~Bynw> "You intend on following your own path and course. Defy is a strong word."
[22:32:21] <~Bynw> "You disagree with what should be done with the Matrix in Mariabronn.
[22:34:08] <Nym_Gibran> ::smiles up at her and nods:: "Yes. It is a society in stasis. A dynamic element must be introduced, though likely Mariabronn will curse my name for a generations."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:37:26] <~Bynw> *nym and tara had found a place to rest near a stream in southern halifax region known as dawson*
[20:40:34] <~Bynw> "So what is your plan for Mariabronn?"
[20:41:42] <Nym_Gibran> ::Sighs loudly, then noiselessly chuckles:: "I'm not sure what I can do, what's possible and what's unrealistic."
[20:42:23] <Nym_Gibran> "The plan, in broad strokes, is the same plan that I've always had; change."
[20:43:08] <Nym_Gibran> "It's time Mariabronn was shaken up. A little chaos to the mix."
[20:44:21] <Nym_Gibran> "I've heard many a story of the Mariabronn of old and frankly I have no desire to see that self rightous monstrosity let loose again."
[20:46:23] <Nym_Gibran> "But they have as much right as anyone to make their mistakes. The difference is they need to be shown a little choice."
[20:48:05] <~Bynw> "Mariabronn has been both beloved and reviled in its height." *Tara remarks* "Just like any other kingdom."
[20:48:37] <Nym_Gibran> "They're so headstrong to return to the 'good ol' days' they've laid stagnant for hundreds of years. I doubt very much that Anthony's ideals are represented there, though I didn't know the man myself."
[20:51:27] <Nym_Gibran> ::Gives Tara a half-smile and looks her in her eyes:: "Well I have an opinion and I've made my choice based on it. Such a thin line between open-minded and apathetic, I can't just sit on my hands on this one."
[20:54:26] <~Bynw> "I never met Anthony myself either. But I have meet his son Iccarus" *she says
[20:54:50] <~Bynw> *she looks up at the night sky.* "It's getting dark we should get some sleep"
[20:57:01] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his eyebrow at the mention of that name, but let's it rest:: "...Rest, uh huh. All part of the charm of traveling."
[21:01:25] <Nym_Gibran> ::closes his eyes for a moment in concentration, the logs he had arranged earlier catch fire on there own. He begins removing his clothing and preparing for a night in the wild with practiced ease::
[21:02:07] <~Bynw> *Tara waits for Nym to settle in before lying down with him
[21:03:40] <Nym_Gibran> ((I think we can fade to black on that one))
[21:04:37] <~Bynw> (( me too ))
[21:04:45] <~Bynw> *dawn breaks over the horizon*
[21:05:42] * Nym_Gibran wakes shortly after dawn, and washes up in the nearby creek before dressing
[21:10:05] <~Bynw> *Tara is standing in human form look out towards the northwest*
[21:10:27] <Nym_Gibran> ::Breaksfast with a little bit of dried travel rations, it doesn't take much as he often uses his powers to supplement his diet, like a predator of the open plains he swings between fast and famine::
[21:15:25] <~Bynw> *still staring out towards the northwest* "We should probably go soon"
[21:16:35] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and crams the rest of the dried meat into his mouth and swallows:: "As you say. Let's get going."
[21:17:38] <~Bynw> *She lets go of the spell holding in human shape and resumes the form of her people*
[21:18:36] <Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes take it in for a moment before he vaults onto her back and his hands stick to her scales::
[21:18:57] <Nym_Gibran> "Ready when you are."
[21:19:40] <~Bynw> *she takes off heading southwest towards the river Maine*
[21:21:04] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks a bit confused:: @@You where staring off to the NorthWest, If we are headed SouthWest, where was your mind just then?"
[21:21:08] <Nym_Gibran> @@
[21:22:31] <~Bynw> @@"Bitsy"@@
[21:23:10] <Nym_Gibran> @@Care to elaborate on, Bitsy?@@
[21:26:03] <~Bynw> @@"A very old red. She holds dominion over the ruins of Capris"@@
[21:28:13] <Nym_Gibran> @@::a mental chuckle:: "Interesting name for a dragon. Why is she on your mind this morning?"@@
[21:29:16] <~Bynw> @@"Just because we were in Dawson"@@
[21:32:31] <~Bynw> *tara follows Nym's brook until it reaches a large river and then follows it heading west*
[21:32:51] <Nym_Gibran> @@ ::again a mental chuckle:: "Your mind is like a steel trap. It catches anything that comes near it, but to get anything out it must be pried. How is she tied to you?" @@
[21:33:56] <~Bynw> @@"Directly she isnt. Indirectly she is a subject of Torr like all Dragons. She is also a renegade of our society"@@
[21:35:49] <Nym_Gibran> @@ "Why is that? What has she done?" @@
[21:37:02] <~Bynw> @@ "Do you believe in nature or nurture?" @@
[21:39:36] <Nym_Gibran> @@ "Nature. Though it's not as black and white as that." @@
[21:40:08] <~Bynw> @@"If I followed nature, you would be a snack"@@
[21:43:09] <Nym_Gibran> @@ ::Something...feral, slips into his thoughts:: "Perhaps I would, perhaps not. You came to me to learn a trick or two as I recall."
[21:44:09] <~Bynw> "In Torr we strive for our mutual benefits. We must all cooporate or humankind would destroy us all individually one by one. For our wealth and our power. Out of fear."@@
[21:44:09] <Nym_Gibran> "Nature does not mean beastial either."
[21:44:12] <Nym_Gibran> @@
[21:45:45] <Nym_Gibran> ::Simply nods with a slightly sad look, not being able to argue the darker nature of man under the master of fear::
[21:48:15] <~Bynw> @@ "Bitsy. Takes her red heritage to the extremes. The red's are known for their superiority thoughts. They tend to believe that Dragons are most superior creature in existance and the reds are the most superior of dragons."@@
[21:51:47] <Nym_Gibran> @@ "I'm surprised she's made it to an old age then. It doesn't matter who you are there is always someone greater in power." @@
[21:52:19] <~Bynw> *the duo reaches the mouth of the river which opens into sea*
[21:52:57] <Nym_Gibran> @@ "She must be very lonely." @@
[21:54:18] <Nym_Gibran> ::An errant thought comes to him that flying is the only way to travel over water::
[21:58:17] <~Bynw> *after an hour or so the coastline of a large island heads for the land mass*
[21:59:43] <Nym_Gibran> @@ "How many like her are there in the world?" @@
[22:01:59] <~Bynw> @@"She is in the minority."@@
[22:02:28] <~Bynw> *Tara lands in on an open plain much like that of Dawson*
[22:05:23] <~Bynw> @@ "Welcome to Torr " @@ *she says while recasting her shape changing spell*
[22:06:16] <Nym_Gibran> ::Jumps down to the ground and takes a look around, looking for any civilization::
[22:10:18] <~Bynw> "Some 100km to the west" *she says pointing in that direction* "are mountains. Then another 500km of nothing but open grasslands. Oh and the cattle and prey animals that live in this kind of wilderness and of course Dragons"
[22:12:29] <~Bynw> "Then another 500km of steaming, sweltering jungle. And finally, Waldsworth."
[22:12:55] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks about:: "I could really get to like this place. Good Hunting then eh? Waldsworth?"
[22:14:07] <~Bynw> "Torr's primary city. The home of the Temere bloodline. Seat of government and power of the Dragons. The wanderers estate."
[22:16:02] <~Bynw> "Are you ready?" *she asks offering Nym her hand*
[22:16:42] <Nym_Gibran> :: Nods and takes her hand:: "Library's there then? Let's start."
[22:18:42] <~Bynw> "Of course." *she takes Nym's hand and her next words are that of magic. the ground vanishes as does the open sky and they are standing on hard worked stone. a very large chamber with cusions strewn about it and low tables. the walls are filled with nicknacks, books and papers*
[22:20:53] <Nym_Gibran> ::He starts a bit at the sudden change of location, having been used to a portal as a means of traveling:: "That really is a neat trick, you'll have to teach me some of it sometime." ::He scans the room::
[22:21:50] <~Bynw> "Part of the trick is to teleport to someplace familiar. These are part of my personal appartments in the palace."
[22:22:39] <~Bynw> "The library has rules so I thought I would let you know what they were before we got there first."
[22:22:57] <~Bynw> *she says taking a seat on the pillows*
[22:24:27] <~Bynw> "The number one rule is, no property of the library shall leave. That means no book, scroll or piece of parchment."
[22:25:33] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a seat across from her sitting legs akimbo::
[22:26:09] <~Bynw> "You can make your own copy of any book or page you like. But the originals stay."
[22:27:31] <~Bynw> "other than that the library is open to everyone"
[22:30:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and stands, his face has taken on the stoic expression he usually wears in public or away from Tara.::
[22:32:15] <Nym_Gibran> "I'll need your help. The information I'm seeking is there I'm sure, but finding it will take something more then browsing the book aisle's I'm sure."
[22:33:05] <~Bynw> *the door open an an old man stands there. leaning on a cane like staff staring at Nym and Tara*
[22:33:26] <~Bynw> (( that's *the door opens and an ... ))
[22:34:43] <~Bynw> *tara turns her head to the sound of her door opening*
[22:35:02] <Nym_Gibran> ::his hand dips to rest on the dagger at his belt by reflex and his shoulders hunch. Seeing that it is an 'old man' does nothing to relieve his tension, if anything his eyes rake the man taking in his every move::
[22:35:56] <Nym_Gibran> ::Out of the corner of his eye he watches Tara's reaction to the man, for a clue to how he should respond::
[22:38:36] <Nym_Gibran> ::Very slowly, his steps begin to move away from Tara, moving to surround the interloper. The motion is deceptively gentle and subtle::
[22:38:43] <~Bynw> "Volik ..." *tara says looking him then she turns to Nym.* "Nym, this is Master Volik. Steward to House Temere for 5 generations"
[22:41:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::His movement stops and his hand drops from the dagger. He forces himself to relax and stand straight, he bows at the shoulders, but deeply.:: "A pleasure to meet you Master Volik."
[22:42:36] <Nym_Gibran> ::his voice is calm and smooth::
[22:43:05] <~Bynw> *the old man smiles* "Japser said you two would eventually follow him back here."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:28:16] <~Bynw> *Volik* "I'm afraid though that you missed him. He and that elf friend of his disappeared a few days ago."
[20:30:06] <Nym_Gibran> "Elf friend?"
[20:31:53] <~Bynw> "Vor'en" *Volik answers to Nym*
[20:33:23] <~Bynw> *Tara* "We have some research to do in the Library anyway. My father doesnt need to be here for that. We'll leave him a note if he doesn't return by the time we are ready to head back"
[20:33:25] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks alarmed for a moment, then raises an eyebrow in silent contemplation::
[20:34:38] <Nym_Gibran> "How often has Vor'en been here Master Volik?"
[20:36:55] <~Bynw> "Half a dozen times in the last year ... " *he replies*
[20:40:19] <Nym_Gibran> ::rubs his chin for a moment, then to Tara:: "I believe that is that. Do you know what Vor'en is?"
[20:44:12] <~Bynw> "He's an Anadari Knight .." *she responds looking at Nym*
[20:47:04] <Nym_Gibran> ::Sighs:: "He is a Knight of Bindar."
[20:48:12] <Nym_Gibran> "Vor'en Terboh. I've met him myself. He supported me in the council chambers when I spoke of founding house Horizon."
[20:50:27] <Nym_Gibran> "We have no choice but to move on and complete our research if only to learn how to establish our own Matrix, but I believe tampering with the matrix in Mariabronn is beyond us."
[20:51:50] <~Bynw> "A Knight of Bindar?" *she thinks for a moment* "I think I've met him ..."
[20:52:53] <Nym_Gibran> "My uncle resurrects Utha built on the ashes of old Valimar, Mariabronn races to complete is Matrix. The specters of the past are coming and history seems to repeat itself."
[20:53:12] <~Bynw> "Lets go check out the Library" *she says taking Nym's hand and smiling as the two walk past Volik*
[20:54:21] <Nym_Gibran> ::Moves with Tara as if in a mental fog, his mind races on distant subjects::
[20:56:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::Turns to Tara as they walk the halls towards the library:: "Why are all the Matrix's located in mountains except Mariabronn?"
[20:58:17] <~Bynw> *as they walk through the palace the halls and even doorways are built on a grand scale, things here were built for dragons*
[20:59:02] <Nym_Gibran> ::His mind occupied it is one of the few times that he seems to be paying little attention to his surroundings::
[21:00:52] <~Bynw> *Tara* "Like Kirsh is in the mountains of Kirsh. Polaris is in the mountains. I think there is one in Einar too right?"
[21:01:47] <Nym_Gibran> "Yes. I've also heard tell that an inactive Matrix is located in the mountains that border the glass desert."
[21:04:36] <Nym_Gibran> "Does Mariabronn suffer from earthquakes? Perhaps it has something in common deep in the earth with mountains??"
[21:04:48] <~Bynw> "We are coming up on the library ..."
[21:06:35] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods, he closes his eyes for a moment. With practiced mental disipline he clears his mind of distractions and concentrates on the task at hand. It takes just a moment, then his eyes reopen and the familiar sharp eyed look of a predator is fixed firmly there in his eyes:: "I'm ready."
[21:07:16] * Playing 'library.txt' to #teara-adan with 1500ms delay
[21:07:17] <~Bynw> Torr's library is the stuff of legends.
[21:07:19] <~Bynw> It takes up an entire wing of the grand
[21:07:20] <~Bynw> palace at Waldsworth. The palace itself
[21:07:22] <~Bynw> is huge, with doors and walkways designed
[21:07:23] <~Bynw> to accommodate fully grown adult dragons.
[21:07:25] <~Bynw> Although the library was designed with
[21:07:26] <~Bynw> humans in mind, it is still extensive.
[21:07:28] <~Bynw> .
[21:07:29] <~Bynw> The library covers 4 levels with an open
[21:07:31] <~Bynw> foyer at its center. A stone sculpture
[21:07:32] <~Bynw> of a dragon sits in the middle of the
[21:07:34] <~Bynw> foyer, posed ready to take flight out
[21:07:35] <~Bynw> of the skylight above.
[21:07:37] <~Bynw> .
[21:07:38] <~Bynw> Throughout the library are numerous
[21:07:40] <~Bynw> chairs, couches, writing and copy tables.
[21:07:41] <~Bynw> Plants also adorn the interior in a
[21:07:43] <~Bynw> decorative manner. Tapestries hang from
[21:07:44] <~Bynw> walls and paintings are set about on
[21:07:46] <~Bynw> easels.
[21:07:47] <~Bynw> .
[21:07:49] <~Bynw> Glass and crystal chandellers add to
[21:07:50] <~Bynw> the decor and available lighting.
[21:07:52] <~Bynw> Especially at night once the natural
[21:07:53] <~Bynw> light from the sun finally fades.
[21:07:55] <~Bynw> .
[21:07:56] <~Bynw> On the far west wall, running from the
[21:07:58] <~Bynw> ceiling to the floor, is a magnificent
[21:07:59] <~Bynw> indoor waterfall. Pooling at the floor
[21:08:01] <~Bynw> befor disappearing under the flagstones.
[21:08:02] <~Bynw> .
[21:08:04] <~Bynw> At every floor and level, including a
[21:08:05] <~Bynw> few mezzanines, there are shelves and
[21:08:07] <~Bynw> tables that hold the libraries collection
[21:08:08] <~Bynw> of books, scrolls and even loose parchments.
[21:08:10] <~Bynw> .
[21:08:11] <~Bynw> And lastly, are the patrons of this vast
[21:08:13] <~Bynw> storehouse of information who mingle
[21:08:14] <~Bynw> quietly and serenely at peace despite any
[21:08:16] <~Bynw> other considerations.
[21:08:16] * Playback of 'library.txt' complete
[21:09:44] <Nym_Gibran> ::His mouth a tiny bit agape, he nods:: "I expect nothing less from this place, but even my dreams can not hold weight against the real thing."
[21:11:26] <Nym_Gibran> ::His long legs stride towards the center in that distance eating fashion he has that comes from traveling extensively by foot::
[21:14:06] <~Bynw> *the library always has patrons. there are those dressed in the livery of house temere that care for the library and the patrons, they see Nym with Tara and allow them to browse undisturbed*
[21:14:29] <~Bynw> *tara in a hushed tone* "So where do you want to go first?"
[21:15:19] <Nym_Gibran> ::He flops down at the foot of the enormous statue of a dragon in the center of the library, ignoring those around him. He sits akimbo on the tile, the dagger at his waist in his hand, his Star Sword:: "Time to find out. Sit, please."
[21:18:56] <~Bynw> *she sits next to Nym and looks up at the statue*
[21:20:12] <Nym_Gibran> ::His dagger in his right hand and held before him, he begins slowing his breathing. His senses heighten as his concentration hardens. His eyes close and his hand reaches out to grasp Tara's with a smile:: "This will be a lesson for you."
[21:22:17] <Nym_Gibran> "Open your mind and share yourself with me. I am going to open myself to the Akasha. Hopefully it's winds will blow us in the right direction to find what we need. I warn you, the Akasha is vast. This will be an experience."
[21:23:07] <~Bynw> *she easily slips into a rapport with nym*
[21:24:29] <Nym_Gibran> ::He opens his shields to allow Tara unlimited access, laying himself bare as he has never done before with anyone. His breathing slows as he uses his Star Sword as a point to concentrate his willpower::
[21:28:29] <Nym_Gibran> ::His mind delves deep within himself, past rationality, past conscious thought, past even the things hidden deep within him from himself. The feeling of motion seems to speed up as if his thoughts are being pulled deeper and deeper like a whirlpool. At some undefined point his consciousness bursts onto a vastness. A sea of consciousness, yet a void too.::
[21:30:05] <Nym_Gibran> ::All things exist here, yet nothing is defined. Only his teaching and experience allows him to exist here without being pulled apart and left a mental shell. His body is forgotten, it seems as if he touches on everything::
[21:33:25] <Nym_Gibran> ::His thoughts pull together:: @@"Show me where I can find information pertaining to the construction, repair, and theory of Matrix's of the type built in Kirsh, Einar, the Glass Desert, and especially the one in Mariabronn"@@
[21:36:05] <Nym_Gibran> roll 6df+
[21:36:06] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 6df+ and gets (+)( )( )( )( )(-) Good
[21:38:52] * otter_ has joined #teara-adan
[21:39:12] <~Bynw> *an image forms out of the mists and shows Saint Anthony sitting on a sandy beach, a small, semi-permenant settlement behind him. he is holding a golden brick in his hand .... the image shifts rapidly. the settlement grows. stone replaces wood ...
[21:42:03] <~Bynw> * ... more golden bricks fill the hands of Anthony as he is now in doors. he is at the Matrix and is speaking with a large golden dragon ... he places the last brick and the dragon vanishes and the image shifts yet again showing a stunning waterfall then it fades as well to the void again*
[21:46:43] * Elim is now known as Elim-sleep
[21:50:54] <Nym_Gibran> ::His consciousness soars upward, though direction here is a relative term. Like a bubble of air in water his mind races back up past the parts deep within himself and finally his eyes flutter open as he blinks back to himself::
[21:51:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::He smiles across at Tara, knowing words are wasted on the moment. Nothing can properly describe the event::
[21:53:09] <Nym_Gibran> ::After a moment he slowly stands, sheathing his Star Sword, and pulling Tara to her feet. He Turns to gaze at the waterfall in the western wall of the library::
[21:53:39] <Nym_Gibran> "There is our answer, somewhere."
[21:55:39] <Nym_Gibran> "In Tennes I have a secret portal. A family secret really. It is behind a waterfall not too far into the vast Tennes forest. I wonder if..."
[21:55:49] <~Bynw> *She smiles* "Come with me" *she takes Nym's hand again and walks towards the western wall slowly wrapping her shields around Nym*
[21:57:44] <Nym_Gibran> ::Follows Tara, allowing himself to be lead on::
[21:57:51] <~Bynw> "Such things are common. A cliche even. But I assure you Nym behind this waterfall is brick and mortar and beyond that the palace grounds."
[21:58:47] <~Bynw> *she whispers even more quietly to her companion* "And a combination of mind and magic"
[21:59:43] <Nym_Gibran> ::Gives her a half smile, and just nods having supposed something of the sort::
[22:00:52] <~Bynw> *they reach the waterfall and she reaches her hand out to the water and whispers words unknown to Nym as her hand touches the spray of water. they are now standing before a doorway. the library is no where to be seen ... they are obviously underground*
[22:02:39] <Nym_Gibran> ::His body jerks a bit in surprise, but he quickly masters himself. He is not completely inexperienced in rapid travel. He looks around at his surroundings:: "Where are we?"
[22:05:20] <~Bynw> "The mountains of Torr ... " *she says as she opens the door*
[22:06:22] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at her:: "It comes back to mountains again." ::he peers into the room beyond the door::
[22:13:02] <~Bynw> *the room beyond shows a tranquil but large sitting room. It is dimly lit but filled with books, scrolls, curios and trinks everywhere. The walls and floor are made of stone, no door can be seen anywhere. There is also a large couch and several plush chairs with low tables about. The room is also is a mess. Books, scrolls and papers are scattered about everywhere ...*
[22:14:58] <Nym_Gibran> ::Steps into the room:: "Is this common?" ::he sweeps his hands to include the mess::
[22:16:43] <~Bynw> *when they step into the room the door closes behind them. on this side the door is hidden by shelves*
[22:17:24] <~Bynw> *below the mess of papers and open books in the chamber is a mosaic showing what appears to be a map of the world*
[22:18:06] <Nym_Gibran> ::Turns to Tara:: "Your father's private study?"
[22:19:20] <~Bynw> "You remember it ..." *She says as she looks around* "What was he working on?"
[22:21:36] <Nym_Gibran> "I would guess the same thing we are, or perhaps the location of the original brick." ::He scans a few of the books left open, looking at the title and the page it was left open to::
[22:27:30] <~Bynw> *the titles vary but they are original works by some of the greatest mentalists. there are books and scrolls and even papers by Anthony, Parshawll, Bindar, TDK and Mazda Anak.*
[22:30:29] <~Bynw> *as tara looks around seeing the layers of books and papers strewn about her face goes white. she drops to her hands and knees frantically shoving the papers out of the way revealing more of the mosaic*
[22:31:02] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to himself:: "Yes. He's researched mentalists. It looks like a who's-who of matrix construction. He's ahead of us. I maybe able to speed things up...." ::he trails off as Tara begins uncovering the mosaic::
[22:32:11] <Nym_Gibran> ::He just quietly watches her, knowing she will reveal her intentions soon enough::
[22:33:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::His gaze drops to the mosaic itself as she uncovers it::
[22:34:17] <~Bynw> *she stands up and looks down at the mosaic and then back at nym and back down again* "It's ... It's ..."
[22:35:15] <~Bynw> "He turned it off ...." *she pushes more of the papers out of the way* "He's taken it ..."
[22:35:24] <Nym_Gibran> ::He kneels to look closely at the mosaic, trying to see what it is Tara see's. He pulls on his memory to see what has changed::
[22:37:21] <Nym_Gibran> ::He looks sternly at Tara, taking on the look of teacher:: "Concentrate, slow down. Control your mind. Explain."
[22:39:34] <~Bynw> *it seems duller to Nym ... missing its inner glow. Tara stands near the center of the map, one of it brick tiles is missing* "The center brick. He's taken it. Torr's matrix is off."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[22:14:51] <~Bynw> *Nym and Tara stand inside Soltaari's private sanctum. It is in a mess. Books, scrolls and papers are strewn about everywhere.*
[22:15:21] <~Bynw> *and Tara's shock and horror has revealed that the Matrix is not functioning as its own central brick is missing*
[22:16:33] <~Bynw> *Tara, still gasping* "I hope that is easy to put back ..."
[22:16:38] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Mearly smiles, having already supposed Soltaari would do something of the like:: "Your father is thorough."
[22:16:57] <+Nym_Gibran> "I'm sure your father knows how to."
[22:17:42] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks about the room a bit, pacing it a bit until he seems to have found what he's searching for::
[22:18:08] <+Nym_Gibran> "Tara I could use your help."
[22:18:29] <~Bynw> *Tara looks at Nym* "What do you need help with it?"
[22:19:24] <+Nym_Gibran> "Your a bit more intimate with these surroundings then I am, it might help. I'm going to attempt the only thing I can think of, to read the room and possibly the matrix itself to trace your fathers steps."
[22:19:48] <+Nym_Gibran> "It's the only thing I can think that might catch us up to him."
[22:20:12] <~Bynw> "What do you need me to do?" *she asks*
[22:20:29] <~Bynw> (( i've been called away to load the truck with candles brb ))
[22:20:38] <+Nym_Gibran> ((k))
[22:22:11] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He sits in a particular spot o the floor, it seems to be central the the mess:: "This is where your father did his studying. Take a seat next to me and open yourself to me. Share your reserves with me and help guide me. I think both of us working together will help."
[22:27:29] <~Bynw> *she sits next to him and slips into a Rapport*
[22:28:06] * Taenor is now known as ambush
[22:28:14] * ambush has left #teara-adan
[22:32:06] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His hands touch the stones under him and he concentrates::
[22:35:17] <+Nym_Gibran> roll 6df+
[22:35:18] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 6df+ and gets ( )(-)(+)( )( )(+) Great
[22:37:25] <~Bynw> *the pair see Soltaari gathering more and more books and papers about him. Searching through many chronicals by a multitude of authors
[22:38:32] <~Bynw> *his search also involves the working notes of many powerful adepts and wizards ... generally focusing on the life of the Sainted Anthony of Mariabronn
[22:41:14] <~Bynw> *he reaches out to the mosaic in front of him with a bit of concentration removes the central brick, he turns and the pair see the Knight of Bindar standing there ... Soltaari gets up and walks towards the door hidden behind on of the large floor to ceiling bookcases and steps inside followed by the Knight*
[22:44:23] * otter has quit IRC (Software caused connection abort)
[22:45:29] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes flutter open with a frown:: "Nothing useful."
[22:45:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He stares at the mosaic on the floor for a moment::
[22:47:17] <~Bynw> *the mosaic has lost its luster from Nym's first visit to this chamber several months ago, dull and lifeless*
[22:47:32] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He stands, walks to stand on it, and kneels over it placing his hand lightly on it::
[22:48:09] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His other hand grips the Star Sword at his waist as he uses it to help him focus, his eyes close::
[22:48:26] <~Bynw> *there is a tingle of power still, unfocused, unused, and also unable to be grasped*
[22:48:39] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His mind brushes against the mosaic lightly::
[22:49:09] <~Bynw> *it reacts to the touch with shields*
[22:50:13] <~Bynw> *Tara gets up from her sitting position and walks over to the bookshelf and starts looking at what books are on it*
[22:51:02] * papaganoush has left #teara-adan
[22:51:20] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His mind retracts and he stands:: "It is off, but not unaware. It brought it's shields up at my probing. I can do nothing there without undue risk."
[22:52:52] <+Nym_Gibran> "I'm sure the answer we seek is in it otherwise your father wouldn't have covered his tracks."
[22:53:24] <+Nym_Gibran> "I'm sure I could find him as well, but without the knowledge what good would it do?"
[22:53:24] * Llanth has joined #teara-adan
[22:53:24] * Elim-sleep has quit IRC (Software caused connection abort)
[22:53:58] <+Nym_Gibran> roll 7df+
[22:53:59] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 7df+ and gets (+)(-)( )( )(-)(+)(-) Great
[22:54:05] <~Bynw> *there is sound of movement behind the bookshelf*
[22:55:14] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His hand drops to his Star Sword, but his face shows curiosity:: "Tara, be careful."
[22:55:19] <~Bynw> *Tara gets a smile and goes to trigger the hidden lock* "I guess he's back already"
[22:56:38] <~Bynw> *the bookshelf swings open and fully white robed and hooded Spectral Magician staggers out into the chamber, falling to the ground*
[22:57:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at the prone form, he makes no move to touch the man. If anything he reacts like a viper just crawled out of the bookcase, in Cana:: "Hello."
[23:00:02] <~Bynw> *Tara drops to her knees and removes the hood revealing the face of Soltaari, his eyes open slightly ... they are blood shot and he winces in pain but has a smile on his face* "I ... found it ..." *his hand clutching a brick to his chest*
[23:01:40] <~Bynw> "Just a few minor ...." *he winces in pain again* "... set backs on the return trip." *he says, again wincing in pain*
[23:02:08] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Tara, then back to Soltaari, he crouches near him, his face stoic:: "Easy master Soltaari, easy. You are not well. Do you need help?"
[23:02:14] <~Bynw> *Tara again appears in a bit of a shock* "Father! Don't leave me again ... I don't want to watch you die twice!"
[23:03:30] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He looks up and around for Vor'en Terboh::
[23:03:46] <~Bynw> *he reaches his other hand to caress Tara's cheek* "I ... will be .." *glances at Nym* "I have all ... I need."
[23:05:11] <~Bynw> *he draws a last breath and Tara clutches his body close to her in tears*
[23:05:30] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes narrow and he seems genuinely concerned as he stares at Soltaari:: "You've found the original brick then?"
[23:05:57] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his voice trails off as he see's Soltaari lapse::
[23:06:19] <~Bynw> *the seconds seem like hours, slowly ticking by as if one could do a 1000 things in between the ticks of a clock*
[23:07:00] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes widen in shock, his concern is over come by his respect and he goes to Solaari's side and checks his pulse::
[23:07:18] <+Nym_Gibran> ((er respect overcome by concern))
[23:07:20] <~Bynw> *none can be found*
[23:08:18] <~Bynw> *the magic holding the human face of Soltaari fades revealing his true humanoid form ... but that too seems to flux for a moment before it solidifies and a pluse hits Nym's fingers once again and Soltaari takes a deep in hale, his eyes opening wide*
[23:08:30] <~Bynw> (( more on that later ... dreamlands call ))
[23:08:33] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He looks on in shock, not believing his own senses. Tears well in his eyes. In shock he shakes Soltaari:: "Master Soltaari..."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[21:07:55] <~Bynw> *while Nym and Tara were tracing Soltaari's research. He makes a sudden reapearance without his Knight of Bindar companion. He then appears to die and be reborn in Tara's arms*
[21:09:44] <+Nym_Gibran> ??is he out-cold??
[21:10:27] <~Bynw> *Soltaari opens his eyes again and sees daughter and Nym*
[21:11:15] <~Bynw> *Tara* "Father? ... I thought I had lost you all over again." *tears in her eyes*
[21:11:20] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyebrows raise:: "I see I'm not the only one with something in common with cats. You died Master Soltaari."
[21:12:21] <~Bynw> "I did?" *he sits up, still wearing the robes of a Spectral Magician*
[21:13:35] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Eyes the robes:: "Yes you did, and returned to life. All in a most unnatural fashion. Interesting choice of clothing, foregoing your Anadari robes?"
[21:17:01] <+Nym_Gibran> "Your form shifted as well, back to your draco-form and it almost shifted again into something else, but it never fully surfaced it seemed."
[21:17:52] <+Nym_Gibran> "Care to elaborate?"
[21:18:44] <~Bynw> *he sits up*
[21:18:55] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Stands up and offers Soltaari a hand up::
[21:19:31] <~Bynw> "This was needed for my disguise." *he says and takes Nym's hand and pulls himself to his feet*
[21:20:04] <~Bynw> *as he stands Nym can see the back of the rope, it is torn, cut and stained with blood*
[21:21:05] <+Nym_Gibran> ::I can only hope you deeply shamed or infuriated Stonemont in your adventu..." ::trails off as he notices the marks::
[21:22:15] <~Bynw> *without saying a word, Soltaari triggers the door in the bookshelf and steps in, motioning for the 2 to follow*
[21:22:39] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He points to Soltaari's robes:: "It seems you've had a run in with something rather nasty. Again, do you care to enlighten us?"
[21:22:58] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises one eyebrow and follows::
[21:26:51] <~Bynw> *the small chamber is dimly lit. onces the 3 of them are within, Soltaari closes the door*
[21:27:25] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a good look around::
[21:28:00] <+Nym_Gibran> "Why are we in the closet?"
[21:28:13] <~Bynw> *the room is hidden within shadows, very little if anything can be seen without more light*
[21:28:47] <~Bynw> "What lies in here is very valuable. More valuable then gold. More valuable than any book in my library."
[21:29:01] <~Bynw> *he says and lights the room with a thought*
[21:30:53] <~Bynw> *besides the 3 of them, the room contains only 4 large framed paintings. each one just over 7' high and nearly 3 1/2' wide
[21:31:15] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Tara with a smile as he mentions valuables in the room:: "Well yes, Tara is here."
[21:31:49] <~Bynw> *one of the paintings appears to be burned and charred*
[21:31:55] <~Bynw> *tara blushes abit*
[21:33:15] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a few moments looking at each painting in turn::
[21:33:32] <~Bynw> *A fierce medieval battle field scene, with many hundereds dead all around. Horseman and footmen are engaged in melee with utter abandon and sheer desperation. In the foreground are many knights surrounding a standard, torn and stained with dust and blood. The central figure appears to be dead, and several men are seen weeping beside his blood soaked body. In the distance, on small mound, surrounded by great bouts <-
[21:33:32] <~Bynw> -> of dust, a dark helmeted figure is shown raising a triumphant sword, as his men savor victory on this clear late afternoon in autumn.
[21:34:08] <~Bynw> *A beautiful starry nightime telescopic view of the southern constellations, with a full harvest moon above the southern cross being the foremost significant feature.
[21:34:23] <~Bynw> *A dismally bleak pictureesque winter snowscape with billowing, blowing and drifing winds of ice and sonw can be seen cascading across a seemingly vast open and barren land.  Save for what appear to be just shadowy mountains in the far, far distance, the scene shows nothing else.
[21:35:38] <~Bynw> *Soltaari waits for them to finish
[21:39:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Points to the burned and charred painting:: "I know this one I believe." ::looks to Soltaari:: "Don't I?"
[21:39:47] <~Bynw> "I don't think so" *he says*
[21:41:51] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Soltaari:: "I've heard tell of a painting owned by a Duke of Adan. He vanished, some say the painting took him. Is this the same one? It was rumored to have been in an explosion."
[21:42:28] <~Bynw> "To answer several questions. THe blood on the back of the robes is mine. I was shot with over 20 crossbow bolts by the Halifaxian regimental guards. Just before I made my escape." *Soltaari remarks*
[21:43:02] <~Bynw> "No that is not the same painting ..."
[21:44:15] <+Nym_Gibran> "But the same hand painted it."
[21:45:09] <~Bynw> "Most likely ... the artist painted at least 50 paintings, maybe more."
[21:45:48] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Steps in front of the painting of the night scape and studies it, admiring the painting as he listens to Soltaari::
[21:46:37] <~Bynw> "Any, the Halifaxians discovered the tower I had built and went to raid it ... finding a Spectral Magician was something they didnt expect but went to kill me anyway. Fortunately I was able to remove the bolts before activating one more spell. Then I died due to the merasha poisoning on bolts."
[21:49:10] <~Bynw> "What did I want to know Nym?"
[21:49:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Turns back to Soltaari:: "Excuse me?"
[21:50:28] <~Bynw> "What is the purpose of my research out in the other room?"
[21:52:47] <+Nym_Gibran> "To find the original brick of the mariabronn matrix or fabricate a new one."
[21:53:14] <~Bynw> *he walks over to the painting of the battle* "And where is the best place to get that information?"
[21:53:50] <+Nym_Gibran> "The man who stole it or Anthony himself."
[21:55:32] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to the painting and stands next to Soltaari, he nods his chin towards the fallen man in the battle scene:: "Is that Anthony?"
[21:56:42] <~Bynw> *he points his fingers at the men in the painting* "these soldiers are elves, not men. no ... that was the king of channist. an ancient elven kingdom that was once western halifax. conquored by halifax in 1313 in the old Common Date calendar."
[21:57:42] <~Bynw> "as a historian and scholar, i study these things." *he says with a grin*
[21:59:09] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Gives him a look that says he is not fooled in the least:: "Do you now Jasper."
[22:00:06] <+Nym_Gibran> "Funny thing, I've studied history a bit too, mostly Anadari history I admit though."
[22:01:32] <~Bynw> "1313 is a very important year ... but so is 1314 ... that was the year Anthony, a minor prince, was imprisoned in Kirsh."
[22:02:46] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at Soltaari and interupts:: "I'm curious, what for?"
[22:04:58] <~Bynw> "He apparently angered the Order. But during his imprisonment that is when he made contact with the matrix and formed his plan to create his own."
[22:10:14] * Elim is now known as Elim-sleep
[22:10:54] <~Bynw> "I was his guard for 10 years during his imprisonment. I learned many things."
[22:12:41] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks taken a back at that information::
[22:19:52] <+Nym_Gibran> "You knew Anthony?"
[22:22:35] <~Bynw> "I knew Anthony twice actually. I would meet him again in another life."
[22:23:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Just blinks::
[22:23:50] <+Nym_Gibran> "I'm not even going to ask, we'll be here until I'm grey and never get to the end of your story. You have more secrets than any man I've ever met."
[22:27:42] <~Bynw> "I wasnt born until 1435 my friend ... but I have the answer and more for what I sought and even more questions to ask on top of it."
[22:29:28] <+Nym_Gibran> "Oh? And what do you intend to do with your knowledge?"
[22:30:39] <~Bynw> "First" *he says opening the door to the main room and ushering the two out*
[22:32:10] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Exits the room, completely bewildered as to why they where just in the room looking at paintings::
[22:35:30] <~Bynw> *he closes the door to the small room* "the first thing is to turn this back on" *he says taking out a brick and placing it back in the hole*
[22:35:46] <~Bynw> *nym can feel the psychic snap of what could be shields spring into place*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:58:57] <~Bynw> *the Torr matrix springs to life and Nym has felt the psychic snap of its shields coming in to place*
[21:00:47] <~Bynw> *Soltaari sits down on the floor in about the same place where Nym thought he was previously researching ....
[21:01:14] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his eyebrow:: "Master Soltaari, what is the significance of those paintings?"
[21:02:11] <~Bynw> "They are from Kirsh. They a magical portals." *he says* "Without them I would not be here ..." *his voice trails off lost in his own thoughts*
[21:06:46] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods, walks a pace, and slowly picks up a book and looks it over making sure it's a good sized one with a hard cover::
[21:07:51] <+Nym_Gibran> :: Moves out of his line of sight and nonchalantly flings the book at Soltaai's head::
[21:08:56] <+Nym_Gibran> ::with a good amount of strength to the motion::
[21:10:23] <+Nym_Gibran> ::waits for the reaction, his face passive, arms folded::
[21:12:33] <~Bynw> *the book hits Soltaari in the head. he lets up a scream and his hand shoots to his head to rub the growing welt*
[21:12:45] <~Bynw> *Tara looks at Nym in shock*
[21:15:22] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his voice just one octave and leans in close to Soltaari:: "Now that I have your attention you old fool! Would you mind explaining just what in KIRSH is going on and what you've been up to? I've no time for you to play your silly game as the absent minded professor, nor the paitence."
[21:16:22] <~Bynw> *Solaari's human disguise drops forming revealing his dragon characteristics as he rises to his feet grabbing ahold of Nym's collar in the process*
[21:17:35] <+Nym_Gibran> ::sneers in his face and remains limp, staring the man in the eye::
[21:18:14] <+Nym_Gibran> "Put me down Master Soltaari, or is the new game 'the bully'?"
[21:18:37] <+Nym_Gibran> "Your acting the horses ass."
[21:22:01] <~Bynw> "Patience is a virtue of the Anadari and my people ... you need to learn it apprentice." *he lets go of Nym and smiles at him, his teeth showing the points*
[21:23:48] <+Nym_Gibran> "So is temperance and respect, old man." ::He looks him in the eye, moving close and showing no sign of backing down::
[21:23:58] <+Nym_Gibran> "Are we done now?"
[21:24:43] <+Nym_Gibran> "Or do you expect me to quake in my boots? I'm one of your last remaining friends Master Soltaari and your pushing things in the wrong direction."
[21:25:29] <~Bynw> "I told you weeks ago what I was doing. I would find the way to restore the Matrix at Mariabronn. And I have found the way to do so. At least in theory." *he says*
[21:26:32] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Sighs and nods. He turns and walks a few paces back. Putting his back to a wall and calming himself:: "Please, continue."
[21:30:14] <~Bynw> "Every brick in the matrix is the matrix. There is no way to reprogram it as you wish it to be done."
[21:31:30] <~Bynw> "With the right application of knowledge and of course materials and time a new brick can be made to fill the gap in the Mariabronn matrix. It would be whole again and as it was before Parshawl shut it down."
[21:33:39] <~Bynw> *he looks over at the piles of papers and books scatters through out the chamber and begins giving them a slight mental nudge sending a few books and papers at a time back to their proper locations on shelves, in alcoves and on the various little tables in the room*
[21:34:27] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods. He visibly tries to lighten his mood and let go of the earlier scene. He walks a pace to stand at the edge of the Mosaic. He squats down:: "Time is not a straight line in my estimation."
[21:35:01] <+Nym_Gibran> "Nor is it a circle as some would like to believe."
[21:35:56] <+Nym_Gibran> "I believe it is a spiral. Forever curving round and round." ::Looks to Soltaari and Tara to make sure they are listening::
[21:36:05] <~Bynw> "More like a river ... but I thought you didnt want to digress from the topic at hand with the old professor"
[21:36:44] <~Bynw> *Tara is staring at them both, a bit calmer now seeing that neither of the two men have killed one another*
[21:36:45] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Gives Soltaari a half-smile:: "Indulge a youth for a moment."
[21:38:06] <+Nym_Gibran> "As the spiral comes round it meets itself, but at a slightly higher elevation. The same spot, but slightly different. So to speak."
[21:39:43] <+Nym_Gibran> "Time is like this, in a way. History repeats itself, but slightly different every time. This is how true change occurs."
[21:40:46] <+Nym_Gibran> "Man and his choices bend the spiral either much higher or only slightly higher. Effecting great change or little change as history repeats. So to speak."
[21:43:15] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Stand and looks to Soltaari:: "Vor'en said it and I feel it as well. Master Soltaari are you sure your doing this for the right reasons? Are you doing this for the better of us all or just to bring back a something from a time long ago?"
[21:44:21] <+Nym_Gibran> "We both know where this bend in history eventually leads. The last time it was called the skylight wars, or the Anadari wars. How ever you care to name it."
[21:45:41] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Tara, then back to Soltaari::
[21:47:16] <~Bynw> *before Soltaari can speak Tara bursts out* "You need to get your history correct. The Skylight war had nothing to do with the Anadari conflict. They are separated by nearly 2 generations of man"
[21:47:20] <~Bynw> "I am learning. Because it is my nature to do so. My people have a weakness. We like to horde things. Some of us horde gold, some gems, some shinny bits of colored glass. Some like to horde and collect flowering plants. I horde what is outside of the waterfall. Knowledge"
[21:49:00] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Tara:: "Just a blink of an eye for your kind. One is related to the other I'm sure. You can see that can't you?"
[21:49:27] <~Bynw> *Tara* "Both were started by Valimar"
[21:49:43] <~Bynw> *Soltaari himself says* "Mariabronn is unique. It is not as old as the others. Infact one could call it an infant compared to the others. Even our Matrix at Polaris predates our Order. Funny that isnt it."
[21:50:49] <~Bynw> *the last of the books finds its home on the shelves and the chamber is clean ... although it is still very cluttered with all the nicknacks about it*
[21:52:12] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Hate breeds hate. Mariabronn is intolerant, ridged, and powerful. It will be as it was. Mindlessly pushing along and crushing everything in it's path that is evil. And where it stamps out evil, two will take it's place."
[21:52:20] <~Bynw> *Soltaari looks down at the mosaic floor and is tiles appear to move and form an image of the Quarte. Bright red dots appear marking Kirsh, Polaris, Quiette Castle and Torr. While a blue dot forms at Mariabronn*
[21:53:49] <~Bynw> "I was mistaken. It is not part of the plan. Whatever the plan is. Mariabronn is just a honor to Kirsh. Made by one of the greastest mindwalkers and deryni to ever walk this world. It can stay in its current state."
[21:54:21] * Rhoan has joined #teara-adan
[21:56:19] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and smiles, but it's obvious he didn't expect what Soltaari is saying::
[21:59:10] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow:: "Perhaps what they lack is good leadership. Someone that can pay homage to the old, but move towards the new?" ::He eyes Soltaari::
[22:00:18] * Elim is now known as Elim-Sleep
[22:00:27] <~Bynw> "The Knights of Bindar are not to be trusted. Bindar could not be trusted either. Too damned crafty and full of little secrets he didnt want to share with anyone." *Soltaari says* "Something is a foot. I can feel it in every fiber of my being. I am very sensitive to such things apprentice. Trust my judgment." *he waves his hand over the mosaic and it reforms showing the full world, again the red dots remain but the <-
[22:00:27] <~Bynw> -> blue fades away*
[22:02:51] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Sighs and again folds his arms. he shakes his head back and forth just a fraction and lowers it for a moment to compose his thoughts before he speaks::
[22:04:07] <~Bynw> "So history records me as dying on the fields of battle during that anadari war. Why am I standing before you alive as ever today?" *he shifts his form again to a familiar human appearance* "Feel free to hold multiple conversations at the same time. It tests your ability to think clearly and act on many levels"
[22:07:35] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He walks close to Soltaari and reaches up to put his hand on the man's back in a friendly gesture:: "I am your friend Jasper and I am not arrogant enough to believe that I could stand against you in duel arcane and win, yet. And I do trust you, but I stopped being your apprentice long ago if ever I was. Do not make the mistake of thinking that just because I have not foolishly tried to force you to my way physically, that I
[22:07:35] <+Nym_Gibran>  will follow your path. You did not raise me, nor where you my only master."
[22:09:28] <+Nym_Gibran> "I do not know why you are here, now. It is the will of the Akasha I'm sure. You have a part to play. Perhaps it is to keep me from forgetting the old ways in my quest to effect change."
[22:11:25] <+Nym_Gibran> "I do not know Bindar, nor Vor'en. I can only make judgements based on my own experience of them. Which is next to none. But in this case Vor'en said what I was thinking."
[22:11:40] <~Bynw> "But you are arrogant. Your arm folding shows that ... body language. You should be freer with it. And you are my apprentice currently. Just not in the same matter that others are your apprentices. You have earned the rank of master and you are one. But even masters still learn from other masters before them"
[22:13:15] <~Bynw> "I am teaching you many things. The art of patients. Things move of the paces of others. We will observe them and act when appropriate."
[22:13:38] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Bows his head to Soltaari and removes his arm. He gives him another half smile:: "I have no arguments on that."
[22:14:17] <~Bynw> "The odd thing about my death ... was that I died. My mother's magic did not protect me as it did an hour ago."
[22:16:17] <~Bynw> *Tara's eyes become wide and she gets a smile*
[22:18:25] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks confused:: "I can not even begin to guess at such things. Perhaps you should take it up with her. But what do you intend to do with Mariabronn now. Their people suffer. It was never my wish to see them in the state they are. They cling to the past and flee even the notion of letting go."
[22:20:48] <~Bynw> "I intend to do nothing about Mariabronn. They have been in isolation since before you are born. Let them have their fantasy. Someday they will come out of it on their own. It is their choice after all."
[22:22:49] <+Nym_Gibran> ::sighs again and nods:: "I will think on it. Perhaps the oppertunity will come to help them in someway. I must admit Master Soltaari my reasons for researching matrix's are two fold." ::looks to Soltaari and raises and eyebrow::
[22:24:43] <+Nym_Gibran> "I have my own house now and my own aims. My apprentices will need Star Swords of their own before long and I would very much like to create something to watch, protect, and remember the tri-sun fortress."
[22:25:20] <+Nym_Gibran> "I've come to research how to make a Matrix of my own. Both small and large."
[22:26:22] <+Nym_Gibran> "It seems you are the only person I know with that knowledge."
[22:29:50] <~Bynw> "There is already one near the your fortress. That is one reason why Ethan chose that particular location. Find it and claim it as your own."
[22:36:07] <+Nym_Gibran> "Wouldn't it have a...personality of it's own? Perhaps in conflict with mine? That doesn't solve my problem with Star Swords either. Finally It's been bothering me why Mariabronn's matrix is where it is. It's a bit of an oddity, can you explain?"
[22:36:49] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Cocks his head a bit:: "Ethan didn't make the Matrix there?"
[22:37:11] * TheDeryni has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
[22:39:16] <~Bynw> "Yes it would have a personality of it's own. But the Matrix at Polaris did. This one does as well. Perhaps it may. Perhaps it may not. Mariabronn was built by Anthony. The others were not. They were built or at least started centuries before him. I'm still researching that one. But I cant pin anything down on them. Lost in the mists of history it seams. Star Swords are a simple matter apprentice. I shall show you <-
[22:39:16] <~Bynw> -> that tomorrow."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[22:01:08] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Go rest. I need it. I shall meet with you again in the morning"
[22:04:06] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "One question. You said the paintings in the other room where portals. Portals to where? Or is it when?"
[22:07:16] <~Bynw> "Both" *he says* "Use them at your own peril if you run across one. I died."
[22:10:17] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods again:: "Have you ever met a bishop by the name of Elius?"
[22:10:49] <~Bynw> "no" ... *he slumps down in one of the chairs*
[22:13:50] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises and Eybrow at Soltaari:: "Cardinal Bruce Eev'yh has died. Elius is in high favor with the church these days and is a likely replacement. You should meet Elius soon."
[22:13:52] <~Bynw> *he again ends the magic that holds the appearance of the human Soltaari, resuming his haldren form*
[22:14:46] <~Bynw> *he closes his eyes* "I'll bite. Who is Elius and why is he so important?"
[22:15:45] <Nym_Gibran> "I wouldn't let him know you are an Anadari if you do. If Elius takes the cardinal's position relations with the church could change dramatically for the Anadari."
[22:16:31] <Nym_Gibran> "You'd have to meet Elius to fully appreciate his...zeal."
[22:17:13] <~Bynw> *without opening his eyes* "Ah... he's of the Aman isnt he. Good thing he doesnt know about the leadership of that Order."
[22:18:00] <Nym_Gibran> "You speak of the orders past?"
[22:19:54] <~Bynw> "No. They are still an Anadari House but one without ties to any other. The leadership still trains its members in the ways of the Akasa, masked within the traditions of the Church. There are probably at least a dozen Anadari amoung the Aman."
[22:22:04] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Elius would likely never believe you. Perhaps his platform of hate will not be as large as I had thought. Never the less I think Elius and I will met again before long."
[22:22:33] <~Bynw> "He must be Adanian"
[22:23:23] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Yes. He and I met at the spring court, at the attempted coup."
[22:23:53] <~Bynw> *he looks over at Tara* "Take this young man back to the library so this old man can get some rest."
[22:24:33] <Nym_Gibran> ::Huffs:: "Good night Master Soltaari, rest well."
[22:25:35] <~Bynw> "Good night Nym" *he says as Tara takes the Deryni by the arm and leads him back to the waterfall and into the Library once more*
[22:25:36] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes Tara's hand:: "Lead the way."
[22:27:50] <Nym_Gibran> ::sighs to himself:: "Well that certainly went differently than expected."
[22:28:29] <~Bynw> *Tara* "It's not quite night really. He's apparently exhausted." *she says taking a seat near the waterfall in the library. The light shining through the skylight still over the large dragon statue*
[22:31:22] <Nym_Gibran> ::Scratches his chin in thought:: "Yes, coming back from death can I do that I'm sure." ::grins at Tara::
[22:32:48] <Nym_Gibran> "I'm finished here for now. Do you have business here Tara?"
[22:33:25] <~Bynw> "He made a point." *she says with a slight smile* "And I believe he is right. When he died during the wars. I was there. The protection spell didnt kick in, I really didnt think anything of it then. But hindsight ... I dont think that was him anymore. It was after his last journey to Adan ... and Kirsh."
[22:33:45] * Elim has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[22:34:10] <~Bynw> "no i dont have any business in the library ... "
[22:36:07] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks quizzically at Tara:: "I'm a bit confused at this talk of a protection spell. What do you mean you don't think it was him anymore?"
[22:38:49] <~Bynw> "His mother was a powerful sorcereress. Due to his high borne nature and mixed blood. She protected him against death itself. Apparently the spell will kick in at the moment of death and revive him. Healing any wounds in the process."
[22:39:19] * Elim has joined #teara-adan
[22:40:06] <~Bynw> "He tells me it has a limited number of charges. So he's not going to be immortal. But he can be potentially longer lived than expected."
[22:40:42] <~Bynw> "During the war. He died. But the spell didn't kick in and revive him as we witnessed."
[22:44:13] <~Bynw> "About 6 months before his death. He had journeyed to Adan. Summoned there by the King and his ties to the Spectrals. I think something must have happened during his visit there"
[22:49:38] <Nym_Gibran> "A switch with a look-a-like would explain a lot. He has so many secrets it is near impossible to unravel his past for me."
[22:50:02] <Nym_Gibran> "I simply take him as the man I know."
[22:52:22] <~Bynw> "Something. I dont think it was my father who died that day" *she sighs* "We've been kicked out of his little sanctuary. What would you like to do until the next day?"
[22:55:53] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a seat next to Tara and leans against her:: "I'm done here. Mariabronn will stay as it is for the moment. I have the answers I came for, though with your father I always have more questions when I leave him. Unless you've something you'd like to do here in Torr I think it's time I went on to another task."
[22:56:31] <~Bynw> "He said he wanted to see you in the morning. Something about star swords"
[22:57:28] <Nym_Gibran> ::Sighs and Nods:: "Yes. If your to be my apprentice you'll need a Star Sword now wont you?"
[22:58:30] <~Bynw> "I am unlikely to inherit my father's anytime soon."
[23:00:14] <Nym_Gibran> ::Stands up and extends both his arms to pull Tara to her feet, with a sly smile:: "It's up to the master to provide one or at least provide the path to one. Dennis was promised my old apprentice Star Sword when he was just a babe in the cradle. So that puts me in the spot to find you a path to one of your own."
[23:00:59] <~Bynw> "The others will have to learn to create theirs as well."
[23:02:03] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Yes, and I will have to guide them as well."
[23:04:04] <Nym_Gibran> "And after I'm done speaking with Master Soltaari we will return to the glass desert so I can guide them. I also have another task to do close to home."
[23:04:34] <~Bynw> *she takes him by the hand and leads nym out of the library and into the palace's maze of halls and then out door ....
[23:05:00] <~Bynw> * ... to stand on a warm sunny sandy beach*
[23:06:06] <Nym_Gibran> "House Horizon should have it's own matrix...." ::he trails off at the sight of the beautiful beach::
[23:07:07] <~Bynw> *the water a few yards away is a brillant crystal clear blue ... *
[23:09:58] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks into Tara's eyes:: "But for now I think it's much too beautiful a day to waste on duty." ::with a sly smile he makes a dash for the water::
[23:12:34] <~Bynw> *as nym reaches the edge a large green scaled head rises out of the water ... it is a dragon .. the slit eyes unblinking look at him*
[23:16:00] <~Bynw> *the dragon head slips back under the water*
[23:16:01] <Nym_Gibran> ::Comes to a skidding halt on his butt, one boot off and several layers of clothing left behind him on the beach. He stares in awe at the creature in nothing but his pants and one boot. Even his Star Sword and belt lay several yards back towards Tara. He smiles up into the unblinking eyes:: "I...um...well your certainly...Hello."
[23:16:25] * Elim has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[23:17:48] <~Bynw> @@ "Don't let any of them bully you around" @@ *tara's mind voice touches Nym again as she comes up from behind him in her full natural form*
[23:18:49] * Elim has joined #teara-adan
[23:19:06] <~Bynw> @@ "I know you dont like boats ... what about swimming?" @@
[23:23:41] <Nym_Gibran> @@"I grew up in a tower next to a sizable lake and stream. I'm a fair swimmer. I just...don't like boats."@@::Grins to himself at Tara's voice in his mind as it gives him focus and a sureness in his step. He quickly stands and stares back at the creature, one boot in hand. He quickly regains his composure and notices the boot; which he quickly drops. He makes a bow at the shoulders to the dragon, his eyes never leaving it's
[23:23:41] <Nym_Gibran>  eyes::
[23:24:47] <Nym_Gibran> "Hello. I am Nym." ::he says aloud to the creature, in Cana::
[23:26:57] <~Bynw> *the beast rises back up, it's voice but a whisper* "I am Viridian."
[23:29:17] <~Bynw> *Viridian* "Is you friend James visiting Torr again?"
[23:30:40] <~Bynw> *the dragon's eye blinks from one of its inner eye lids ... a clear one so it doesnt miss anything in front of it*
[23:31:44] <Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles warmly at the mention of James:: "Not that I'm aware of Viridian, his duties keep him busy in my lands. Are you a friend of James?"
[23:32:45] <~Bynw> "We met a few years ago. The next time you see him, tell him to come back here."
[23:35:12] <Nym_Gibran> "I will. James is a good man and wise. I'm sure he will travel to the south again someday. I will tell him your message."
[23:36:02] <Nym_Gibran> "If you are a friend of James's, you are welcome in my lands as well as my guest."
[23:36:07] <~Bynw> "Good. I so rarely see the disciples of Camidus."
[23:36:53] <Nym_Gibran> ::His smile widens at the mention of Camidus:: "You are a friend of Camidus as well?"
[23:38:41] <~Bynw> *it looks like the dragon nods* "Camidus has many peers."
[23:42:35] <Nym_Gibran> "Then you are most welcome in any of my lands. If you see Camidus before I do, please tell him I said 'Thank you'. He will know why. You are welcome as a guest of House Horizon as well. James resides in the land of Tennes in Adan as my guest and friend, you are welcome to visit him as my guest at anytime. I will inform my regent council of your name and to extend you hospitality."
[23:44:16] <~Bynw> *Viridian looks up behind Nym* "Your Highness." *the beast pulls itself out of the water and stretches out its wings ... a span covering more than 20'
[23:45:01] <~Bynw> *and then takes to the sky*
[23:47:22] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks over his shoulder at Tara and grins to her. He watches Viridian fly away for a moment then begins removing his other boot, while talking to Tara over his shoulder:: "Who is Viridian? Just another Dragon?" ::chuckles to himself at the thought of any dragon being 'just another one'::
[23:48:12] <~Bynw> @@ "He's our ArchDruid. He keeps all of Torr in check" @@
[23:49:57] <Nym_Gibran> ::looks out at the clear blue water and pristine beach:: "He does a good job."
[23:50:57] <~Bynw> @@ "Say 'hi' to anyone else you might meet." @@ *she uses her nose to sweep Nym up into the air and out over the water*
[23:51:37] <~Bynw> *she crawls into the water behind nym's flying body*
[23:54:34] <Nym_Gibran> ::Flaps his arms wildly for a moment to regain his balance in the air and manages to recover enough to put himself into a diving position as he slices through the water and disappears below the surface. He reaches for Tara's body and catches hold letting his feet dangle out behind him. He sends his voice to her mind:: @@"You can fly like the wind, how are you at swimming?"@@
[23:55:09] <Nym_Gibran> ::With a moments concentration he uses body control to vastly extend his ability to hold his breath::
[23:56:28] <~Bynw> @@ "We blacks are at home in the water" @@ *she dives taking Nym with her. she is as graceful in the water as she is in the air*
[00:00:10] <Nym_Gibran> @@"Not much different than flying really. Though I don't like the notion of not being able to see the land."@@ ::His mental voice comes tinged with just a hint of hesitance::
[00:01:07] <~Bynw> *the pair spend a good part of the afternoon in the water and then later return to the palace for the evening and a meal*
[00:05:53] <Nym_Gibran> ::foregoes his formal Anadari attire and dresses in something less formal of an excellent cut, though plain and in subdued colors. He walks slowly towards the dining hall of the palace and enters not knowing what to expect here in the Torr palace.::
[00:08:00] * TheDeryni has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
[00:09:37] <~Bynw> *Nym and Tara are announced by Master Volik* "His Lordship, Nym Gibran, Earl of Tennes, Baron de Kes. Anadari Master of House Horizon & Her Royal Highness Lady Tara Temere von Drachen de Torr"
[00:13:39] <~Bynw> *Volik again appears as human. Even though Tara insists he is like her. A fullblooded true dragon. Nym is introduced to the grandson of Jasper Temere von Drachen who is the reigning King of the United Kingdoms of Torr-Drachen. To his wife. To there son and heir. And to a host of other nobles. Most of which are Haldren. Some Tara quietly whispers who is Dragon, who is Haldren and who is human among the nobility. <-
[00:13:39] <~Bynw> -> Soltaari is not present.*
[00:17:39] <Nym_Gibran> ::Does his best not to look uncomfortable in the very formal surroundings, but fails. No matter what his titles may be he still moves through the crowd like a wild animal among house pets. His feral nature making him stand out even as he tries to blend::
[00:18:00] <~Bynw> *Tara whispers to Nym* "My father has a strong aversion to State dinners"
[00:20:17] <Nym_Gibran> ::Wipes sweat from his hands on his trousers, and whispers back:: "I know the feeling. I dread the spring court every year in Montaire."
[00:22:41] <Nym_Gibran> ::still whispering, but with a sly smile:: "You don't seem the type for balls and courts yourself, but you do a better job then I in these surroundings."
[00:23:44] <~Bynw> *the meal starts with its multitude of courses ... the food varies in a wide range of tastes from the bland to the rich and even the overly seasoned. the royal family itself seems to favor the pickled meats*
[00:24:55] <~Bynw> *talk progresses around the table of mundane personal topics and then onto politics both local and distant*
[00:27:56] <Nym_Gibran> ::Fills his plate with simple foods with little spice. Meats and greens mostly. He talks little prefering to allow others to carry the conversation, but he keeps a keen ear out and tries to talk to anyone that seems to want to."
[00:27:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::
[00:29:20] <~Bynw> *somewhere in the later courses of the meal, but before the deserts are brought out Nym spots that Soltaari has joined table. He is not in human guise and looks like many of the other haldren present.*
[00:32:09] <Nym_Gibran> ::Waits to catch Soltaari's eye, nods to him, and raises his glass in salute. He leans over to talk low to him:: "Is it like this every night in the palace?"
[00:32:54] <~Bynw> *he replies* "I'm not sure. I don't eat in here very often."
[00:35:24] <~Bynw> *a little while later he whispers over to Nym* "So are you going to make an honest woman and anadari knight out of my wondering daughter?"
[00:36:19] <Nym_Gibran> ::Chokes on a bit of food and reaches for his wine glass, with a glance at Soltaari::
[00:38:03] <Nym_Gibran> ::Drinks a bit and looks to see if Tara is listening::
[00:38:19] <~Bynw> *Tara is in a conversation with another*
[00:42:49] <Nym_Gibran> ::Leans in close to Soltaari and whispers:: "I had thought of it, yes. If she'll have me."
[00:45:26] <~Bynw> *he takes a drink himself* "good. i will hold you to that."
[00:46:48] <Nym_Gibran> ::Looks a bit nervous, but tries to cover it by taking another drink of his wine::
[00:47:04] <~Bynw> *the meal ends sometime later and the guests depart to different apartments within the palace. just as quickly and silently has he arrived Soltaari has vanished from the hall*
[00:48:35] <Nym_Gibran> ::Notices for the first time that Soltaari is gone and mutters to himself:: "I'll have to learn that trick someday."
[00:51:28] * Elim is now known as Elim-Sleep
[00:51:49] <Nym_Gibran> "That's a magic I'd love to be able to weave." ::Looks around for Tara::
[00:52:16] <~Bynw> *Tara is talking to some family members and she waves Nym over*
[00:55:13] <~Bynw> *after some quick introductions Tara ....takes Nym asside wanting to get out of the hall and return to her apartments for the night*
[00:56:01] <Nym_Gibran> ::Follows Tara as she leads the way::
[00:56:22] <~Bynw> (( cut to next morning ? ))
[01:01:26] <~Bynw> "So shall we go see my father?"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member