• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 3

Started by Bynw, 11 July 2010, 17:40:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:48]<Bynw> *while Raith was last on the bridge, the 2 ships had jumped into orbit around a planet ... and Raith decided to see if he could find where the fighters, that are still attached to the ship, had breached the freighters hull long the dorsal maintenance shaft
[19:50]<+Raith> ::Stops and thinks twice, instead he turns to the unconscious captain and begins trying to slap him awake.::
[19:53]<Bynw> *the man's body temperature is nearing normal ... and he coughs and catches his breath ... almost hyperventalating
[19:55]<+Raith> ::Slaps him again::
[19:55]<+Raith> "Wake up!"
[19:56]<Bynw> *his eyes snap open looking at you ... still breathing hard*
[19:56]<Bynw> *his right hand instictively moving toward his side arm
[20:00]<+Raith> ::grabs his arm firmly, but not roughly:: "We have a very short time here before the pirates arrive. Let's not waste it fighting."
[20:01]<Bynw> *the captain stares at Raith blinking ... his breathing becoming more controlled.* "Planet..." *he stutters out*
[20:02]<+Raith> ::shakes his head:: "I'm not sure where we are, but if you can tell me and open a channel I'll have alliance down here in moments."
[20:03]<+Raith> "We made four jumps and now we're close to orbiting a planet. Take a look."
[20:04]<Bynw> *captain shakes his head* "Not orbiting whoever you are ... we are landing"
[20:04]<Bynw> *captain* "Let go of my arm"
[20:05]<+Raith> ::lets go and steps back:: "The crew will be up and around soon. I'll mount a defense if I can. You find out where we are and get me a secure channel."
[20:06]<+Raith> "Give me the weapons locker key code."
[20:07]<Bynw> *the captain gets up and looks at the ship's helm and then moves to attempt to revive his pilots*
[20:07]<Bynw> *Captain* "Who are you? How did you get on my ship?"
[20:10]<Bynw> *captain to the pilot* "wake up ... I need you Jim"
[20:10]<+Raith> "I"m not a pirate or I'd have shot you. You really want to spend your last few moments of freedom jerking around with introductions Captain? Concentrate."
[20:10]<+Raith> ::Moves to the pilot and starts slapping him awake::
[20:11]<Bynw> *captain* "if you want to help. get the others awake. the code for the weapons locker is alpha, sierra, one, niner, zulu, tango"
[20:12]<+Raith> ::Speaking to the Captain as he slaps:: "You had better pull your shit together soldier and quick or we are all dead. Who is the priority to finding where we are and opening that channel!"
[20:17]<Bynw> *the captain gets up as the pilot, obviously named Jim wakes up* "Jim ... see you can regain control of my ship. It appears to be computer controlled." *he turns to Raith* "And you. Get him up" *he points to another man that is down but obviously not a pilot* "... and then him"
[20:19]<Bynw> *the captain goes over to one of the other control centers* "Comms are down. Helm control appears to be down. Life support is operational but locked out. Jump drive is spinning up but controls are locked out."
[20:20]<+Raith> ::Turns his pimp slapping skills on on the man the captain pointed out and begins waking him up, he continues to talk to the captain as he works:: "We need those weapons before the pirates get them. There are civilians on this bucket as well."
[20:21]<Bynw> *Jim* "confirmed. all controls are locked out. I'm reading that the maintenance hatches are being opened across the dorsal corridor."
[20:21]<+Raith> "I locked out life support, code is '0773H'"
[20:21]<Bynw> *captain* "We are the only people on this ship. Unless someone has stowed away."
[20:22]<+Raith> "That is the pirates. I'm going for the locker" ::gets up and begins to move towards the locker at a dead run, his energy pistol in hand::
[20:22]<Bynw> *the captain tries it as he turns back to the terminal* "Negative. It looks like its been recently changed though ... I can access some logs"
[20:23]<+Raith> "Get this pile of rust under control Captain or we die here!" ::yells over his shoulder as he runs for the locker::
[20:23]<+Raith> ::Brings his helmet in his other hand::
[20:25]<Bynw> *the weapons locker has several small arms, all balistic weapons. and some assult rifles*
[20:26]<Bynw> roll 5df+
[20:26]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 5df+ and gets (+)( )(-)(-)(-) Mediocre
[20:27]<+Raith> ::Begins clearing the locker out with as much as he can carry, muttering as he works:: "Bunch of morons, I should've just stayed hidden and.."
[20:27]<+Raith> ??Any of the civilians on the way to or from the locker??
[20:27]<Bynw> !! you are the only one that is at the locker
[20:28]<Bynw> *one of the other people form the bridge is running toward you*
[20:29]<+Raith> "Grab some of this ordinance double time! You know how to use any of this stuff?"
[20:31]<Bynw> *man* "Sir. I know where we are at, unfortunately comms are down. We can't communicate with anyone ..." *he grabs one of the rifles, and several magazines and locks and loads it* "Of course ..."
[20:31]<Bynw> roll 5df+
[20:31]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 5df+ and gets (-)(-)(-)( )(+) Mediocre
[20:31]<+Raith> ::Covers him, looking for pirates::
[20:32]<Bynw> roll 5df+
[20:32]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 5df+ and gets (-)(+)( )(-)(+) Good
[20:32]<Bynw> *he heads back for the bridge*
[20:33]<+Raith> ??How far is the closest pirate fighter craft attached to the ship from here??
[20:35]<Bynw> !! several meters away from the section of the ship that normally supports life, most of the ship is cargo bay
[20:36]<Bynw> !! any pirates would have to come through the dorsal maintenance corridor
[20:37]<Bynw> roll 5df+
[20:37]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 5df+ and gets (+)(-)(-)( )( ) Fair
[20:38]<+Raith> ::Opens his plans of the ship again and finds a place to hide so the pirates will pass him by and head to the bridge near the dorsal maintenance corridor::
[20:39]<Bynw> *guy with the rifle* "We are way out on the frontier. The scans show this to be an uninhabited but habitable world ..." *he says as he enters the bridge still talking to Raith, not realizing Raith isnt there
[20:39]<+Raith> ::Mutters to himself:: "Bet those fighters have comms."
[20:40]<Bynw> *captain* "Jim, stay at the conn and see if you can get control" *he says as he leaves the bridge with the others behind him* "Gilbert, were did our guest go?"
[20:41]<+Raith> ::Finds an inter-ship comm panel and flicks it over to the bridge:: "Captain, where the hell are we?"
[20:41]<Bynw> *guy with rifle* "He was just here. I thought I was talking to him. He moves like a cat"
[20:41]<+Raith> ::over the comm:: "Captain!"
[20:42]<+Raith> ::Keeps an eye out for pirates::
[20:42]<Bynw> *captain gets ahold of the intercomm* "Well at least something is working on this ship. 76 Sigma Ceti. Way out on the frontier."
[20:43]<Bynw> *captain* "This ship is landing. And under computer control. All of the bridge controls have been overridden"
[20:44]<+Raith> "Okay I need your help. I need you to draw the pirates to the bridge. You have a defensible possition there. I'm going to board one of their fighters and use there comm to call in the cavalry. Open the ships speakers, crank them up and yell for the civilians to come to the bridge asap. Got it?"
[20:44]<Bynw> "helm, FTL, external comms, everything. And the jump drive is spinning up. That worries me"
[20:45]<Bynw> *captain* "We only had one passenger on this trip. And I'm assuming that was you."
[20:46]<+Raith> "Captain! Concentrate gods damm you! The pirates will come for you if you yell over the ships speakers and give your possition away. Do it now! And ask the civilians to raid the weapons locker. The pirates will think your unarmed and don't know they are aboard."
[20:47]<+Raith> "That will give me a chance to flank them. Otherwise get your ass down here with every weapon you got and we take'em head on while THEY have a defensible possition."
[20:49]<Bynw> *as the captain opens up a ship-wide communication ... there is deafening squelch across the speakers and then silence for a few heartbeats before a computer generated voice echoes across the ship* "you will surrender this vessel and abandon it, otherwise you will die"
[20:51]<+Raith> ::Over the comm to the captain:: "Dammit. That's why the FTL is spinning up."
[20:52]<+Raith> "Captain you had better get control of the FTL and quick. Can you do it through engineering. Manually somehow?"
[20:53]<+Raith> "Send that guy with the rifle back down here now. No time for games, I need to get to one of those fighters now. Move."
[20:54]<Bynw> *captain* "gilbert, see to our friend"
[20:55]<+Raith> ::Opens the dorsal maintenance shaft, staying out of line of sight and under cover::
[20:55]<Bynw> *Captain* "Possibly from engineering but that's clear at the aft of the ship. All the way down the maintenance corridor ... it will take a while to get there"
[20:56]<Bynw> *one of the other men* "I'm on my way captain ... don't wait for me"
[20:56]<+Raith> ::Again uses unseen presence and moves slowly and quietly into the dorsal maintenance shaft::
[20:57]<+Raith> roll 4df
[20:57]<+BoxCars> Raith rolls 4df and gets (+)( )( )( ) Good
[20:58]<Bynw> *2 of the men from the bridge are entering the corridor as well .. the guy with the rifle and one of the guys you slapped awake*
[21:00]<Bynw> *the cooridor isnt small ... its large enough to stand up in and wide enough for 4 men + across*
[21:00]<+Raith> ::Whispers:: "Cover me, but hang back a bit. Anyone fires on me you fragging kill'em dead. This is real, and this IS life and death. Understand." ::doesn't wait for an answer, but starts moving briskly down the corridor and towards the first fighter::
[21:00]<Bynw> *its just LONG ...*
[21:01]<+Raith> ::Puts his helmet on and trains his pistol down the corridor as he moves::
[21:01]<Bynw> *the guy without the rifle opens up a side panel and hopes on a little powered 2 wheel scooter and races down the corridor with it ... zooming past Raith, since he doesn't see him anyway*
[21:02]<Bynw> *gilbert with the rifle* "I dont see you ..."
[21:02]<+Raith> "Frak." ::Starts running::
[21:03]<+Raith> ::looking for any of those side panels as he goes::
[21:03]<Bynw> ?? perception
[21:03]<+Raith> roll 5df+
[21:03]<+BoxCars> Raith rolls 5df+ and gets (-)( )(+)( )(+) Great
[21:03]<Bynw> *Gilbert's personal communicator beeps at him*
[21:04]<+Raith> ::Tries to open a channel to his communicator over his suits radio::
[21:04]<Bynw> *there are a number of side panels down this entire corridor ... since its a maintenance hatchway as well as the only interior way to get to the aft part of the ship*(
[21:05]<Bynw> *you easily get on the freq used by the ship
[21:05]<Bynw> 's crew ... but it doesnt have anything long range*
[21:05]<Bynw> *captain* "Gilbert, you've got about 20 minutes before this ship is on the ground. FTL will be fully spun up in about 10"
[21:06]<+Raith> "Gilbert, you went past me come back and give me the scooter" ::gives gilbert approximate distance to come back as he runs towards him::
[21:06]* WarLord has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[21:07]<Bynw> *Gilbert* "Wierso is on the scooter ... I'm behind you ... I think ..."
[21:07]<+Raith> "Wierso, come back"
[21:08]<+Raith> ::Continues running forward, careful not to get run over::
[21:09]<Bynw> *Captain* "Hey buddy. Since I don't know your name. We found something else working on this ship. The escape pods. We are still high enough to use them without getting hurt."
[21:11]<+Raith> ::Nods to himself:: "Do it. Gilbert, Wierso, get to the pods and get out. Wierso drop that scooter off to me. I'm another 20 meters back this way."
[21:12]<Bynw> *Captain* "Wierso. I know you can hear me. When you get to engineering. Give it one shot and then use the pod in engineering to get of this ship"
[21:13]<Bynw> *Wierso* "I don't have time to come back to you. I've got this at full speed. I'll be in engineering in about a minute or two"
[21:14]<Bynw> *gilbert turns the other way and takes off at a run towards the living quarters of the freighter*
[21:14]<+Raith> "Wierso, your a weeny." ::Drops to a jog to conserve his energy for the long corridor::
[21:14]<+Raith> ??How many minutes until I get to one of those fighters??
[21:15]<Bynw> !! about 5
[21:15]<+Raith> ::Continues looking for anything marked as a scooter as he jogs::
[21:15]<Bynw> roll 4df
[21:15]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 4df and gets ( )(-)( )(+) Fair
[21:16]<Bynw> *you find another scooter marked locker
[21:16]<+Raith> ::open it and jump on, gunning it to the first fighter's hatch::
[21:16]<Bynw> !! you are there
[21:17]<+Raith> ::gets off the scooter and draws his pistol, examines the hatch::
[21:18]<Bynw> *there are number of cabling that is coming down from the ceiling .... and patched into the ships systems
[21:20]<+Raith> ??Can I get into the fighter from here??
[21:20]<+Raith> ??And can I tell if any of the cabling is patched into the ships comms??
[21:21]<Bynw> !! no, you would have to climb up into the ceiling and then into the superstructure of the ship where the actual hull is located ....
[21:21]<Bynw> !! you would need to make a roll for electronics/computers/comm systems or something along those lines
[21:21]<+Raith> roll 5df-
[21:21]<+BoxCars> Raith rolls 5df- and gets ( )(-)(+)(-)(-) Terrible
[21:21]<+Raith> ((crap))
[21:22]<Bynw> !! it's got to be ... but which one is which
[21:22]<Bynw> roll 4df
[21:22]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 4df and gets (-)(-)(-)( ) Terrible
[21:23]<Bynw> *wierso* "the FTL is completely locked out ... I'm heading for my pod now"
[21:24]<Bynw> *Captain* "We dont have all day. If you want off this ship ... I would come now "
[21:28]<+Raith> "Goodbye Captain."
[21:29]<+Raith> ::Gets back on his scooter and starts to move back to his hiding place::
[21:29]<Bynw> *Captain* "You are a damned fool."
[21:29]<Bynw> *from the corridor you can't really tell if any of the pods have been ejected or not ...
[21:32]<Bynw> *but you can just barely hear a warning klaxon go off from the living section of the ship ... as if an air lock has been opened when it shouldn't have been*
[21:35]<Bynw> *the lights go off .... anything that isnt hooked down has been sucked out of the corridor ... and your helmet tells you there is no longer any gravity or O2 available in the ship ...
[21:41]<+Raith> ??Did i make it back to the hiding space??
[21:41]<Bynw> !! yes ...you are in your hidding space, helmet on ... alive ... not a sound though
[21:42]<+Raith> ::Pops the door and peeks out into the corridor::
[21:46]<Bynw> *dark, only emergency lighting is on ... your suit's computer confirms, life support must be off as their is no atmosphere and zero gravity
[21:48]<+Raith> ::Comes out slowly and carefully. Starts making his way back to the bridge::
[21:52]<+Raith> ::Keeps his eyes out for anyone else::
[21:52]<Bynw> *once in the living section, you see what has caused the life support to no longer function ... the ramp that is used to board the ship when it is docked is open to space
[21:53]<+Raith> ::to himself:: "Someone left the door open, geez these guys must have been raised in a barn."
[21:56]<+Raith> ::Leaves the door open and moves towards the bridge::
[21:57]<+Raith> ::On second thought, heads towards those fighters:: "Guess it wont be so hard to get through the roof now::
[21:58]<Bynw> *in the zero gravity it is easier to move around too ... reach the ceiling and everything
[22:01]<+Raith> ::Continues on towards the dorsal maintenance hatch and then to the fighter's hatch::
[22:02]<Bynw> *again there are number of cables hanging down from the ceiling and above that has to be where the fighter has breached the hull
[22:03]<+Raith> ::Pulls his pistol and then moves up and through the hull breach, slowly::
[22:04]<Bynw> *above the ceiling itself are a tangle of more cables ... leading up into where the ship is located ... coming down from a cut in the hull about 1 foot square
[22:05]<Bynw> (( and that's where we are ending for the night ))

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member