The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Chapter 1 Episode 9

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 16:52:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:04] <.Bynw> *** BEGIN RECAP ***
[18:04] <.Bynw> .
[18:04] <.Bynw> *Having arrived at Quiette Castle by the magical portal provided by T'Sok.  The party has appeared during a gathering of rangers and general celebration in the main courtyard.*
[18:04] * James_Neko is now known as James
[18:04] <.Bynw> *A friendly face is spotted amoungst the crowd.  The former employer of the surviving party members, the merchant Liam Rochelle.  Who is making his way towards the newcomers.*
[18:04] <.Bynw> *** END RECAP ***
[18:04] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[18:05] * Nobody`s_Neko is now known as Andy_Hock
[18:05] * +Andy_Hock (SiL2281@d9.as6.dytn.oh.voyager.net) has left #Teara-Adan
[18:05] * Kosty is now known as Jaden
[18:05] <+Jenna> ((a gathering of rangers - we should fit right in!))
[18:05] * +Jenna tries to look around nonchalantly
[18:05] <.Bynw> *Having seen Jaden and the other come through the gate Liam calls out Jaden's name and makes his way towards the gate.*
[18:06] <+James> ::smiles and waves::
[18:07] <+Jaden> ::ignores the call and makes his way to the exit::
[18:07] * DarkSir is now known as Kanax
[18:07] <.Bynw> *Chadmyr*  "I didnt miss the gathering!" *he exclaims and moves into the crowd*
[18:07] * +Jenna rolls her eyes and looks sideways at James
[18:07] <+Jenna> "quite the social butterfly, my brother, eh?"
[18:08] <+James> "Indeed."
[18:08] <+James> "At least Chad is being sociable . . . "
[18:09] * +Jenna whispers "keep your eyes open - this place gives me the creeps"
[18:09] <.Bynw> *Liam*  "Jaden! ... We have some unfinished business ...." *he moves to intercept and will succeed as the crowd has gathered to watch the newcomers a little and are blocking some of the paths*
[18:10] <+Jaden> ::keeps pushing his way through the crowd::
[18:10] <.Bynw> *Liam steps in front of Jaden and reaches for him with his hand*  "Hold it right there."  *He says in an even and calm tone*
[18:11] <+Jaden> ::stops and sidesteps the reach and tries to keep moving::
[18:11] <+Kanax> ::spots the person he's looking for, but sees that he's speaking with others.  He approaches Liam, but holds back some.::
[18:11] * +Jenna looks warily at the scene and starts moving in that direction, but slowly
[18:12] <+James> ::follows Jenna::
[18:12] <.Bynw> *Liam* "Damn you!  You owe me money for saving your ass and I want it!"
[18:13] <+Jaden> ::stops:: "Saving my ass?"
[18:13] <+Thek> ::Smiles, and approaches the group::
[18:13] <.Bynw> *Liam*  "Yes saving your ass.  From the gallows in Oasis."
[18:14] <.Bynw> *a crowd draws around Liam and Jaden ... listening and watching*
[18:14] <+Jaden> ::smiles:: "I don't recall you saving my ass from anything."
[18:15] <.Bynw> *a cross section of Einar's population ... Elven, Deryni, Dwarf .... Human stand looking about at Jaden and Liam and to Jaden's companions*
[18:15] * +Jenna raises her eyebrows at James and whispers "damn, I thought that was over with"
[18:15] <+Jaden> "But if it will get rid of you how much do you want?"
[18:17] <.Bynw> *Liam*  "If you recall you had fled the city.  I spent time and resources making your case for you.  Since I claimed you were still one of my men."
[18:18] <+Jaden> ::shrugs:: "Sounds like you wasted some money, how much do you want?"
[18:20] <.Bynw> *Liam* "The costs of your defense and the judgement of having the case dismissed was 750 gold crowns.  And it wasnt a waist of money.  You are a good man Jaden.  But I live on cash flow."  *he smiles back*
[18:21] <+Jaden> ::undoes his money pouch and tosses it to Liam:: "Let me know if I stillowe you"
[18:21] <+Jaden> ::begins to move through the crowd::
[18:21] <+James> ::aside to Jenna:: "Well, at least Jaden was cleared."
[18:22] <.Bynw> *Liam catches the pouch*
[18:22] <+Kanax> ::watches the back and forth.  Though blending in with the crowd, his eyes occasionally stray to the crowd gathered with him::
[18:24] <.Bynw> *Liam*  "Thats not enough Jaden!" *he gives chase*
[18:24] <+Jenna> @@Do you even know where you are going?@@ ((to Jaden))
[18:25] <+Jaden> ::stops and turns to Liam:: "How much do I owe you then?"
[18:25] <+James> ::begins looking for a place to tie Charlie, then watches again when Liam gives chase::
[18:27] <.Bynw> * a tall thin elf with black hair - dressed in the finery of court attire steps out of the crowds.  his hand holding onto the hilt of his sword at his side*  "Enough of this Rochelle.  I will pay the debt owed"
[18:28] <.Bynw> ! there are spots to tie the horse ... infact there are some stable hands coming up and taking him if you let them!
[18:29] <+James> ::takes his money off Charlie and then lets them take him::
[18:29] <+Jaden> d20+7
[18:29] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jaden (d20+7) and rolled 12.
[18:29] <+Jenna> ??is Chadmyr close enough to talk with??
[18:29] <+Jenna> d20+7
[18:29] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+7) and rolled 13.
[18:29] <+Jaden> ::turns to teh elf:: "No you won't"
[18:29] <+James> d20+6
[18:29] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for James (d20+6) and rolled 10.
[18:29] <.Bynw> ! Chadmyr is seen in the crowd ... making his way back due to the goings one and the shouting !
[18:30] * +Jenna edges over to Chadmyr "who is that elf?"
[18:31] <+Jaden> ::turns back to Liam:: "How much do I still owe you?"
[18:31] <.Bynw> *Chadmyr*  "I'm not sure...not a ranger."
[18:31] <.Bynw> d20+7
[18:31] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+7) and rolled 17.
[18:31] <+Jenna> ((still to Chad)) "is it safe to go outside this place?"
[18:32] <.Bynw> *Liam seems abit taken aback but recovers quickly* "Fine then.  I need 329 more gold crowns."
[18:33] <+Jaden> ::smiles:: "are you a gambling man?"
[18:33] <.Bynw> ?? who is he talking to ??
[18:34] <+Jaden> ((Liam))
[18:35] <.Bynw> *the elf pulls out a purse of coins and hands them over to Liam*  "I'm sure you will find that satisfactory.
[18:35] <+Jaden> ::looks to teh elf:: "I said not to pay the debt."
[18:36] <.Bynw> *Liam opens the purse, his eyes widen for a moment and he closes it and tucks the purse into is belt*  "I've been known to be ... but what do you have to gamble with besides your life?"
[18:37] <.Bynw> *Chad to Jenna* "Its a few hours to sunset... its safe enough:
[18:37] * +Jenna rolls her eyes heavenward
[18:37] <+Jenna> "great"
[18:37] <+Jaden> ::turns back to Liam:: "Well since strangers like to but into my life I guess nothing now."
[18:37] <+James> ::Waunders over to Jenna and Chad after handing off Charlie.
[18:37] <+James> ::
[18:38] <+Jaden> "I we finished Liam?"
[18:38] <+Jaden> ((OOPS "Are"
[18:38] <.Bynw> *Liam nods yes and walks off thinking to himself*
[18:39] <+Jaden> ::turns back to teh elf:: "What are you doing?"
[18:39] <.Bynw> *elf* "My friend Jaden.  This is a favor .... And I have something else for you.  Traversburg.  Outside of Paradise City.  Edarad Prinn has moved there."
[18:40] <+Kanax> ::approaches Liam:: "Excuse me sir"
[18:41] <.Bynw> *Liam stopped by dwarf*  "Yes.."
[18:41] * +Jenna turns and stares at the elf
[18:41] <.Bynw> *elf*  "I thought you would like to know"
[18:42] <+Jaden> ::pauses for a moment:: "But why?"
[18:42] * +Jenna glances briefly at Jaden then back at the elf again
[18:42] <+Kanax> ::brings himself to his full height::  "My name is Kanax Whiteaxe.  My brother was Kargan Whiteaxe."
[18:44] <.Bynw> *Liam whispers* "I wouldnt go saying that too loudly. Your brother was executed last month"
[18:45] <.Bynw> *elf*  "Just a favor.  Elf to Elf."  *he says with a snear*
[18:45] <+Thek> ::Gets interested and heads over to stand near Liam and Kanax::
[18:45] <+Jaden> ::looks disgusted:: "Of course, nothing is free, what is the favor?"
[18:46] <+Kanax> ::frowns slightly:: "I know this, sir.  But I don't believe he was guilty.  And I aim to clear his name.  That's why I've sought you out.  I was told you were present at Kargan's deliberation."
[18:48] <.Bynw> *Elf*  "I do not have a return.  This is blood for blood.  And I am a gambling man incase you want to know that."
[18:49] * +Jenna moves over to where Jaden and the elf are speaking
[18:49] <+Jaden> ::expression changing to surprise:: "Who are you?"
[18:49] <.Bynw> *Liam* "Best to seek outside help Kanax.  Its bad for business to get involved.  I was one of many at that deliberation."
[18:50] * +Jenna reaches Jaden's side "I'd like to know that myself"
[18:51] <+Jenna> d20+7
[18:51] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+7) and rolled 26.
[18:53] <+Kanax> ::nods slowly::  "I've not come seeking help.  Merely to ask one question.  I'll be leaving Einar once I have my answer.  A woman was mentioned in Kargan's trial.  A human woman.  Her name was excluded from the public trial, but I heard it may have come to light in the deliberation."
[18:53] <+James> ::hangs back with Chad::
[18:53] <.Bynw> *the elf nods his head in greeting at Jenna* "I am D' le Pool.  Like you I am Adanian."
[18:54] <+Jenna> ((mIRC is dying brb))
[18:54] * +Jenna (Tika@12-216-103-106.client.mchsi.com) Quit (Quit: http://www.psionics.net)
[18:54] * Jenna (~TikaMaj@12-216-103-106.client.mchsi.com) has joined #Teara-Adan
[18:55] * Bynw sets mode: +v Jenna
[18:55] * +Jenna nods and looks down at the elf's sword
[18:55] <+Jenna> "nice sword"
[18:55] <+Jaden> ((hey not in public))
[18:55] <.Bynw> *Liam to Kanax* "If you are right .... it will do your family great honor.  Best of luck.  *he says as he moves off*
[18:56] <.Bynw> (( like that weapon of choice huh ))
[18:57] <+Jenna> ((I don't think I can see THAT :P ))
[18:58] <+Jaden> ::To D'Le:: "And you just go around paying off debts for nothing in return?"
[18:58] <+Kanax> ::frowns again, and turns to walk off.  In doing so, he passes near Jaden, Jenna, and the unknown elf.  His attention caught, he lingers near, listening to the exchange::
[18:59] <.Bynw> *D' le Pool nods*  "You can of course ignore my bit of information.  The choice is yours.  But your debit to the Rochelle is paid.   It is a gift as is the information about Prinn.  Use it wisely."
[19:00] <+Jaden> ::nods back a little shocked:: "One other question, how did you know?"
[19:00] <+Jenna> ((for new people's info, Jaden and Jenna are fraternal twins, and therefore look a great deal alike - Jenna's 5'10", 135, brown hair, green eyes, half-elf))
[19:00] <.Bynw> *he nods again at the lady and begins to make his way back amoungst the crowd that has once again resumed its normal pace*
[19:00] <+James> :: joins J&J as when the elf leaves::
[19:00] <.Bynw> *D' le Pool, without turning around*  "I Saw it"
[19:01] <+Jenna> ((weeee, now we're the J3 again ;) ))
[19:01] <+Jaden> ::shakes his head:: "saw what?"
[19:01] <+Jenna> @@what did you See?@@  ((to D' lePool))
[19:01] <+Jenna> ((in a very insistent "mental tone"))
[19:02] <+Kanax> ((is a dark-haired dwarf, just under 4 feet tall, scimitar at his side, and an antique looking waraxe strapped to his back.
[19:02] <+Jenna> ((sentimental dwarf? :) ))
[19:03] * +Jenna looks at Jaden, bewildered
[19:04] <+Jaden> ::turns back to Jenna:: "he has provided some information>"
[19:04] <+Thek> ((Is an elf, 5'11", carries a big double bladed sword))
[19:04] <+Jaden> ((just add 2 inches and 50lbs to Jenna))
[19:04] <.Bynw> (( is the entire crowd ... elf, dwarf, human, deryni, things inbetween ... lots of different weapons))
[19:04] <+Jenna> ((let's not and say we did? :) ))
[19:05] <+Jaden> ::begins moving to the exit again::
[19:06] * +Jenna follows, forgetting the rest of the party momentarily
[19:06] <.Bynw> *Chad*  "Where ya goin Jaden, Jenna?? The party is started ... have a drink!"
[19:06] * +Jenna turns, still walking the other direction "I'll be right back"
[19:07] <+Jaden> ::over his shoulder:: "I need a quiet place Chad, maybe later>"
[19:07] <+James> ::shrugs at J&J, and joins Chad::
[19:07] <.Bynw> *Jaden makes his way out of the courtyard .... through the closest exit gate .... and into a garden*
[19:08] <+Jaden> ::once outside atops and finds a place to sit::
[19:08] * +Jenna continues to stand, even paces a bit, thinking
[19:08] <.Bynw> *the sun is warm and a few hours from sunset ... the garden is lush, green and peaceful ... there are others milling about but keeping to themselves*
[19:09] <+James> "I don't know what they're up to, but I'm hungry, Chad."
[19:09] <+James> "So is Rufus."
[19:09] <+Kanax> ::is still standing where Jaden and Jenna were.  When they leave, he approaches Chad, and by proxy, James::  "He seems moody." ((He says, by way of self-introduction))
[19:10] <+Jenna> "you know, I've always wondered about Prinn"
[19:10] * +Thek walks up to Chadamyr. "Long time no see little man"
[19:10] <.Bynw> *Chad takes James over to along table ... motioning for the other dwarf Kanax to come with them*
[19:12] <.Bynw> *Chad takes a seat at the table, full of meats and fruits and plenty of ale ... there are others there as well*
[19:13] <+James> ::sits::
[19:13] <.Bynw> *Chad looks at the elf that just called him "little man"*   "Thek?"
[19:13] * +Thek grins
[19:13] <+Thek> "Haven't seen you in far too long"
[19:15] <.Bynw> *Chad* "Have a seat weed.  Meet my friend James ... he's a druid!"
[19:15] <+James> ::to Thek and Kanax::  "I guess you're old friends of Chad's.  I'm James."
[19:15] <+Thek> "Druid, eh?  Couldn't make it as a Ranger I guess?"
[19:16] <+James> ::smiles and laughs good-naturedly at the joke::
[19:16] <+Kanax> "We have not met.  But I've heard much."
[19:16] <+Thek> ((What joke?))
[19:17] * +Thek sits, and digs into the meats
[19:17] <.Bynw> *Chad stuffs his face full of meat, cheeses and takes a swig of ale to wash it down wiping his mouth on his sleeve.  And looks up at the other dwarf that has come up*
[19:17] <+Kanax> ::looks to Chadmyr:: "Sorry to bother you, but I know you've spent much time away from Einar of late..." 
[19:18] <+James> ::eats, and feeds some meat to Rufus::
[19:18] <+Thek> ::Throws his bones to Rathe::
[19:19] <+James> "Ahh, I see you have a companion too, Thek."
[19:20] <+Thek> "This is Rathe" ((Rathe is a wolf, with snow white fur, except for 2 small diamonds of black around the eyes))
[19:21] <+James> ::smiles:: "Good to meet you, Rathe."
[19:21] <+James> "My friend here is Rufus."
[19:21] <+Thek> :Looks at Rufus:: And who may this be?
[19:21] <+Thek> ((NM that))
[19:22] <+Kanax> "I seek a woman who has travelled here in recent months.  A tall human woman with short light brown hair, and a birthmark on the right side of her neck.  Have you seen her?"
[19:23] <+James> "Sorry, Kanax, this is my first visit to Einar."
[19:23] <.Bynw> *Chad to Kanax* "Have a see you look like you're in a hurry.  Not that I recall...."
[19:23] * +Jaden (~Kosty@ip68-108-117-163.lv.lv.cox.net) Quit (User has been mind-ripped)
[19:24] <.Bynw> (( see = seat ))
[19:24] * Jaden (~Kosty@ip68-108-117-163.lv.lv.cox.net) has joined #Teara-Adan
[19:24] * Bynw sets mode: +v Jaden
[19:24] <+Kanax> ::sits down::  "I'm sorry, my apologies for being so abrupt.  It's been a very frustrating day."
[19:25] <.Bynw> *Chad grabs some more breads and other foods off the table and continues to eat and drink at the same time.*  "What is your interest in this woman?"
[19:26] <+Kanax> "My name is Kanax Whiteaxe, son of Karath Whiteaxe.  You may have heard of my father's tavern, The White Axe.."
[19:27] <.Bynw> *Chad smiles* "Aye... good ale.  On the south Dacian slopes right"
[19:27] <+Kanax> "My brother was executed for treason a month ago.  I believe he was set up.  Kargin was a Lieutenant, with a promising career, and a strong love for Einar.  I know he wouldn't betray his country."
[19:27] <+Kanax> ::nods:: "Aye"
[19:28] <+James> ::paying attention::
[19:29] <+Kanax> "The woman I seek was seens with Kargan, shortly before he was arrested.  I believe she either knows what happened, or was involed in setting him up."
[19:29] <.Bynw> *Chad spits out his drink* "Treason?? Thats mad!  I may not know you ... but Kargin ... was known by a few of rangers.  He wasnt a traitor!" *he slams his fist on the table*
[19:29] <+Jaden> ::comes back through the gate he exited looking for James::
[19:30] <+Kanax> ::nods, more sad then angry, himself.  He seens to be beyond angry, and is now resolute::  "I must clear his name."
[19:30] <+Kanax> ((seems)
[19:31] <+Jaden> ::spots James and moves toward the table::
[19:31] <+James> ::finishes eating and relaxes::
[19:31] * +Jenna follows
[19:32] <.Bynw> *Chad, with food and ale all over him* "Ah ... have a seat ya ..two..."
[19:32] <+Jaden> ::walks up to James and nods::
[19:32] <+Kanax> "I've been told to look outside Einar.  Either they want me to leave them alone, or they think I'll find her there...  Either way, I have no idea where to start"
[19:32] <+Jaden> ::finds a seat next to James::
[19:32] <+James> "Hi, Jaden.  Come for some food?"
[19:33] * +Jenna sits next to Chadmyr
[19:33] <+Jenna> "you could use a bath again"
[19:33] <+Kanax> ::nods to Jaden and Jenna as they approach::
[19:33] <+Jaden> ::smiles:: 'I am bit hungry."  ::realizing this for the first time since arriving::
[19:33] <+Jaden> ::to James:: @@I am sorry I was wrong for mistrusting you,@@
[19:34] <.Bynw> *Chad* "There's plenty O food here..." *he makes a motion with his hand toward the table*
[19:34] <+Jaden> ::fills a plate and begins eating::
[19:34] * +Jenna takes some fruit and meat and eats
[19:34] <+Thek> "More of your friends Chad?"
[19:35] <+James> @@Thanks, Jaden@@
[19:35] <+Thek> "Boy, you sure are popular now, aren't you?"
[19:35] * +Jenna laughs in between bites
[19:35] <.Bynw> *Chad* "And this is my old friend Thek ... one of them pansy elves like yourself Jaden"
[19:36] * +Jenna almost chokes at that
[19:36] <.Bynw> *Chad takes another deep drink from the mug*
[19:36] <+Thek> "Haven't changed a bit are you?"
[19:36] <+Jaden> ::looks over to Chad a little anger in his eyes::
[19:37] <+Thek> ((are = have))
[19:37] <+Kanax> ::chuckles, though he seems to be waiting for advice::
[19:37] <+Jaden> ::nods to Thek::
[19:38] <+Jaden> ::continues eating::
[19:38] <+Jaden> ::swallows and looks to James:: "James, do you have any plans?"
[19:39] <.Bynw> *Chad turns to Kanax again* "If you leave Einar .... go with these folks."  *Chad looks back over at Jaden and offers him a fresh mug of ale*
[19:39] <+James> "Not specifically, no."
[19:39] <+Thek> "Back to stay, are you Chad?"
[19:39] <+Jaden> ::takes the ale:: "Is this that weak dwarven ale Chad?"
[19:39] * +Jenna laughs
[19:40] <+James> "Do you?"
[19:40] <.Bynw> *Chad sits down his mug and looks around*  "Aye Thek."
[19:40] <+Jaden> ::turns back to James:: "well maybe."
[19:40] * +Jenna takes a healthy drink of ale
[19:40] <+Kanax> ::nods to Chadmyr::  "If they don't mind, of course."
[19:41] <.Bynw> *Chad looks over at Jaden and laughs* "Of course ...  not a real dwarven party here ... gota have stuff the rest of ya can handle"
[19:41] <+Thek> "I always knew you'd retire before you really made it big"
[19:41] <+Jaden> ::smiles at Chad's comment::
[19:42] <+Kanax> ::laughs:: "Well said."
[19:42] <.Bynw> *Chad humphfs and takes another mug of ale*
[19:42] <+Jenna> "so you have parties for Rangers here every year or what?"
[19:43] <+Kanax> "From what I heard, it's a special occasion."
[19:43] <+Jenna> "what's the occasion?" ((to the table in general))
[19:44] <.Bynw> *Chad* "We gather every couple of years for a few days just to keep up todate on things"
[19:44] <+Jenna> "hmmmm"
[19:44] <+Jenna> "ever have any contests, say in archery or other skills?"
[19:44] <+Kanax> "Well, I meant in this particular place.  They're rebuilding the Quiette Castle."
[19:45] <+James> "What happened to the old castle?"
[19:45] <.Bynw> *another ranger at the table, a human* "Tomorrow there will be the last of the contests of skills.  We had some the other day."
[19:45] * +Jenna looks over at the human "is that so?"
[19:46] * +Jenna glances at Jaden then back at the human
[19:46] <.Bynw> *human ranger* "Aye .... there will be a balefire tonight though out on the commons."
[19:46] <+Jenna> "is anyone allowed to enter, or just local folk?"
[19:47] <+Jaden> :::looks to Jenna then smiles slightly::
[19:47] <+Thek> ::Drains his ale and turns to Jenna:: "Well, if you've managed to have Chad with you, you must be fairly skilled"
[19:47] * +Jenna smiles and winks at Thek
[19:47] <+Jaden> ::laughs slightly at Thek:: "Fairly skilled, to keep that dwarf alive you have to be exceptionally skilled."
[19:48] <+Kanax> ::relaxes a bit, finally taking some food and ale::
[19:48] <+Kanax> ::chokes on his first bite, and Jaden's jab::
[19:48] <.Bynw> *yet another at the table* "Anyone can enter."  *snorts*  "you just have to have plenty of ale for Chad ... he goes where his wineskin goes"
[19:48] * +Jenna laughs heartily at Jaden's comment
[19:48] <+Kanax> ((at Jaden's jab))
[19:49] <+Jaden> :;turns to the other Dwarf:: "and who might you be?"
[19:49] <+Kanax> ((to Jaden)) "Kanax Whiteaxe"
[19:50] * +Jenna nods to Kanax, then rises and joins the human ranger who was speaking of contests
[19:50] <.Bynw> *about half the table bust out laughing at the others remark and jadens remark about chad*
[19:50] <+Jaden> ::nods to Kanax::
[19:50] <+Kanax> ((said it loudly enough for the whole table to hear, by the way.  And he said it with pride))
[19:51] <+Jaden> ((time of day??))
[19:51] <.Bynw> !! about an hour before sunset !!
[19:51] * +Jenna chats low and quietly with the human, laughing a bit
[19:51] <.Bynw> *the human ranger and jenna are getting along smashingly*
[19:51] <+Jaden> ::looks around the table and then goes back to eating::
[19:51] <+Thek> ::Tells stories about Chad back in the day::
[19:51] <+Jaden> ((What a surprise?))
[19:52] <+Jaden> ((Jenna geeting along with a guy.))
[19:52] <+Jenna> (( :P ))
[19:53] <+Jaden> ::when finished taps James on the shoulder and motions him to follow, then nods towards Jenna::
[19:53] <+James> ::follows Jaden::
[19:54] <+James> ::to Kanax and Thek:: "Nice to have met you."
[19:54] <+Kanax> ::Frowns at some of the stares he gets from some locals at the table::  "I'm leaving Einar to seek the one who framed my brother."
[19:54] <+Kanax> "Beware the wood, James."
[19:54] <+James> "I'll catch you around tomorow, maybe, Chad."
[19:54] <+Thek> ::Waves::
[19:55] <.Bynw> *there is a clanking of ale mugs at one of the tables and a hush falls over the chamber*
[19:55] <+Jaden> ::once he thinks he is far enough from the table:: "James we have recieved some information about some one who may have been involved in our parents killing." 
[19:55] * +Jenna turns to look towards the table where the clanking went on
[19:55] <+James> "Is he here in Einar?"
[19:56] <+Jaden> "NO, outside of Paradise City."
[19:56] <+James> "You're going there, I gather."
[19:57] <+Jaden> "Not sure we were thinking about it but we don't want to get anyone involved in this."
[19:57] <.Bynw> a human male in the livery of the Einarian Prince, has stood up on the table and holds his mug up in the air*  "My countrymen!  The balefire is lit out on the commons ..."
[19:58] <+James> "I could still travel with you.  I'd like to get back to Paradise to fill the Archdruid in on conditions in Solanda."
[19:58] <.Bynw> *there is cheer and raised mugs and pounds on the tables*  "... let the night festivities begin!"
[19:58] <+James> "It's not pressing to do immediately, but if you're going that way anyway . . . "
[19:59] <+Kanax> ::sighs slightly, and frowns at the mention of the festivities::
[19:59] * +Jenna smiles and nods at the human, indicating the man on the table
[19:59] <+Kanax> ::mutters::  "Kargan should have been here for this"
[19:59] <+Jaden> ::nods to James:: "We may be going that way."
[20:00] <+Jaden> "I just wanted to fill you in now lets get back to teh ale."
[20:00] <+Thek> ::Turns to Kanax:: "But he;s dead, you should enjoy them instread"
[20:00] <.Bynw> *the crowd gets up taking food and ale with them out towards the commons*
[20:00] <+James> "Thanks."
[20:00] * +Jenna takes a long drink of ale, then stands and goes with the human ranger outside
[20:00] * +Thek grabs some meat, and head to the commons as well
[20:00] <+Jenna> ((to Jaden))  @@I have a plan, give me some time@@
[20:01] <+Jaden> ::smiles and back to Jenna:: @@I don't need teh details@@
[20:01] <+Jenna> @@spoiled sport - you should find a girl to play with@@
[20:02] <.Bynw> *the crowd moves in waves from the tables out to the commons and the great fire now burning*
[20:02] <+Jaden> ::grabs another mug of ail and follows the crowd out::
[20:02] <+Kanax> ::looks to thek:: "Kargan was skilled in the challenges.  I am not.  I enjoy the drink, and the spectacle, but Kargan was a competitor."
[20:03] <+Kanax> ::grabs his drink, and follows suit::
[20:03] <+James> ::heads to the fire as well::
[20:03] <+Thek> ::chuckles as he walks away:: "Just like a dwarf to back down"
[20:03] <+Kanax> ::growls in Thek's general direction, though it's a somewhat goodnatured growl::
[20:04] <.Bynw> *the ranger that jenna was talking to at the table takes her in his arm outside*
[20:05] <.Bynw> (( on his arm for a clairification ))
[20:06] <+Jaden> ::once outside takes up a position where he can keep an eye on Jenna::
[20:07] <.Bynw> *he leads her over to a quieter section of the commons where several men are standing about .... all in finer clothes and arms and all bering the livery of the Einarian Prince*
[20:09] * Disconnected
Session Close: Sun May 09 20:10:02 2004

Session Start: Sun May 09 20:16:56 2004
Session Ident: #Teara-Adan
[20:16] * Now talking in #Teara-Adan
[20:16] * Topic is ' The d20 Sixguns, Sorcery and Psionics world of Teara Adan  -  The true origin of the Hero-Deity Murlynd   :::  '
[20:16] * Set by SYSTEM on Mon Mar 29 21:13:01
[20:16] <#Teara-Adan> The World Changes Adventure Series ( Episode 9 )
[20:16] <#Teara-Adan> http://www.teara-adan.com
[20:16] <.Bynw> grrr
[20:17] <+Kanax> ((welcome back))
[20:17] <+Kanax> ((repeats his last post for Bynw's log, if need be))
[20:17] <+Kanax> ::stops near Jadin.  He asks him, in a low voice:: "Chadmyr suggested I travel with you when you move on from Einar.  I wanted to see if you minded."
[20:17] <.Bynw> (( my last line sent was ))
[20:17] <.Bynw> *he leads her over to a quieter section of the commons where several men are standing about .... all in finer clothes and arms and all bering the livery of the Einarian Prince*
[20:17] <+Jaden> ::barely notices Kanax still watching Jenna::
[20:18] <+Jaden> "Huh, sorry"
[20:18] * +Jenna smiles brightly as introductions are made
[20:18] <+Kanax> ::follow's Jaden's stare:: "Eh, it'll wait."
[20:19] * +Jenna motions to her bow and quiver of arrows after a bit of discussion
[20:19] <+James> ::Joins Chad and his friends again::
[20:20] <+Jaden> ::Smiles as he watches Jenna::
[20:21] <+James> "Thek and Kanax, I'm wondering . . . Do you know if knights from a Solandan order called the Order of Aman have been coming to Einar through a teleportation gate?"
[20:21] <.Bynw> *Chad stands watching and looks around* "Jenna is talking with Lord Rhodon? .... Jaden ... what is your sister upto?"
[20:21] <+Jaden> ::then turns to the dwarf:: "Kanax, was it?  We are not sure of our travel plans."
[20:22] <+Thek> ::Shakes his head:: "Not that I know of.  What's a teleportation gate?"
[20:22] <+Kanax> "Not that I'm aware of."
[20:22] <+Jaden> ::smiles and shrugs at Chad::
[20:22] <+Kanax> ::looks to Jaden again:: "Neither do I, so it works out nicely, if you'll have me."
[20:22] * +Jenna offers her hand to Lord Rhodon and bows slightly
[20:22] <+James> ::Half to self, but audible to Jaden:: "I need to get back to Paradise soon, then . . . "
[20:22] <.Bynw> *he takes its briefly and kisses it*
[20:23] <+Jaden> ::nods at James' comment::
[20:23] * +Jenna turns back to the human ranger, smiling broadly and flirtatiously as he escorts her to a less crowded area
[20:23] <+Thek> ::To Chad:: "Who's the chick hittin' on the higher ups?"
[20:24] <.Bynw> *Chad* "Becareful ... thats Jaden's sister."
[20:25] <+Jenna> ((to Jaden)) @@that was really wierd@@
[20:25] <+Jaden> ::to Jenna:; @@What?@@
[20:27] <+Jenna> @@that Rhodon guy isn't what he appears to be, I think - be careful of him@@
[20:27] <.Bynw> ?the outdoor party goes for hours .... what does everyone due?
[20:27] <+Jaden> @@Me?  You are the one flirting with him.@@
[20:28] <+Jenna> @@just be careful - I'll be in the competition tomorrow so don't make plans to leave until after@@
[20:28] <+Jaden> ((Find a place to stay for teh night))
[20:28] <+James> ((Fat chance!))
[20:28] <+Jaden> @@Keeping me out of the competition huh?@@
[20:28] <+Jenna> ((I'm rewarding the human ranger guy for his assistance and enjoying his company))
[20:29] <+Kanax> ::Spends the night trying to relax.  Knowing he's not going to get any info about his brother here, he lets his guard drop a little more than he has in the last month::
[20:29] <+James> ((We'll be lucky if we can find a manger behind an inn to sleep in with all these rangers here . . ."
[20:29] <+James> ))
[20:29] <+Jenna> @@you just lay low, lots of folks saw you with Liam earlier@@
[20:29] <+Jenna> ((a manger full of rangers? :) ))
[20:29] <.Bynw> ! lot of the rangers are just bedding down about the commons wherever its out of the way of others .... some of them coupling together as there are both male and female sorts about!
[20:30] <+James> ::beds down, but doesn't couple::
[20:30] <.Bynw> (( yeah tell that to your horse ))
[20:30] <+Jaden> ::looks around and spots a spot under a tree:: "I guess I am sleeping there."
[20:30] <.Bynw> (( and goat ))
[20:30] <+Jenna> ((I'd like some clarification on the coupling verb please :) ))
[20:30] <.Bynw> (( think Jenna and the guard from westfallen))
[20:31] <+Jenna> ((ah, gotcha ;) ))
[20:31] <.Bynw> (( think this channel is not xxx .... but could be if the details were plainer))
[20:31] * +Jenna disappears with the ranger dude
[20:32] <+Jaden> ::moves to teh tree indicated and over his shoulder:: "Kanax we will be leaving tomorrow after teh competitions, I think we are going to Paradise."
[20:32] <+Kanax> ::nods:: Any need for a dwarf on a quest, with you?
[20:32] <+Jaden> ::shrugs::
[20:32] <+Thek> ::Moves over to Jaden:: "Paradise, eh?"
[20:33] <+Jaden> :;after setling in he looks up at Thek:: "Yeah." ::then gets comfortable and closes his eyes::
[20:35] <+Thek> ::Turns to Chad:: "Wow, you sure have found a wonderful bunch, talkative too"
[20:35] <+Kanax> ::finds a spot to rest, being a bit far from his own home::
[20:36] <+Jaden> ::half opens his eyes to look at thek:: "We leave for Paradise tomorrow after the competitions, you can join us if you like.  And consider this your only warning about insulting my sister."
[20:37] <.Bynw> *Chad to Thek* "He's Ok ... just moody"
[20:38] <+Thek> "So it seems"
[20:38] <.Bynw> d6
[20:38] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d6) and rolled 5.
[20:38] <+Jaden> ::is soon asleep snoring softly::
[20:39] <.Bynw> d20+5
[20:39] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+5) and rolled 7.
[20:39] <+Kanax> ::settles in, glancing briefly at the Lord that Jenna was speaking with earlier.  He frowns, then goes to sleep.::
[20:40] <+James> ((Does that mean the vampire failed in his attempt to bite me?))
[20:40] <.Bynw> (( who said anything about vampires ... this is einar ... not buffy ))
[20:40] <+Jenna> ((LOL no that was for me and my "suitor" - poor guy))
[20:41] <+Mistyck> ((well, there *could* be Vampyres))
[20:41] <+Thek> ((Yeah, whoever heard of a vampire in Einar?))
[20:42] <+Thek> ::Stands over by the fire::
[20:43] <.Bynw> ! the night passes safely ... no one was killed in their sleep or turned into vampires or whatnot ... the fire has died to embers as well as the sunrises !
[20:43] <+Jaden> ::is up before sunrise preparing to leave::
[20:43] * +Jenna rises early and goes to where Jaden was sleeping
[20:44] <.Bynw> *the morning has a good fest to break the fast of the night and there are many contests of strength, stamina and skills of the wild*
[20:44] <+James> ::gets up, finds Charlie, and gets a bunch of bananas from his pack for breakfast::
[20:44] <+Jenna> ((are you close by, James?))
[20:45] <+James> ((I was sleeping close by Jaden))
[20:45] <+Jaden> ((she wants your bananas))
[20:45] <+Jenna> ((to Jaden)) "we should let James know, in case we have to leave quickly"
[20:46] <.Bynw> *sword play, wrestling, throwing knives and spears ... and archery just before midday*
[20:46] <+Jenna> "these guys might not take well to being bested by a woman"
[20:46] * +Jenna grins
[20:46] <+Jaden> ::shakes his head:: "james is aware of teh plans"
[20:46] <+James> ((why did I read that as "molested by a woman" . . . ))
[20:46] <+Jenna> ((because you are a perv :P ))
[20:46] <.Bynw> (( it was jenna ))
[20:47] <+Kanax> ::rises, and sees Jaden getting ready to leave.  He goes off in search of his own horse and gear.**
[20:47] * +Jenna joins James and asks for a banana
[20:48] <+James> ::shares his bananas::
[20:48] <+Jaden> ((A nice firm ripe one))
[20:48] <+Jenna> "I'll get you more after the tourneys this morning"
[20:48] * +Jenna smiles
[20:48] <+Jenna> (( * Bynw blows a raspberry at Jaden ))
[20:49] <+James> "I'll have Charlie ready to go."
[20:49] <+Jaden> ::moves over to the Jenna and James:: "OK we are ready, I think Kanax is joining us."
[20:49] <+Jenna> "good - I don't know how they'll react - we are not Einarian and of course I'm female"
[20:50] <+Jenna> "good, someone to share expenses of travel, I hope"
[20:50] <+Jenna> "we'll have to take the trade route then east, you know"
[20:50] <+Thek> ::grans a small bite to eat, and moves over to the group::
[20:50] <+Jenna> "avoiding Oasis..."
[20:50] <+Jenna> ((trade route north))
[20:50] <.Bynw> ! prizes are 500 gold crows to the winner, 250 for the 2nd place holder in the archery contest .... and the winner also gets a fresh quiver full of enchanted arrows ... and a bow to go along with it!
[20:51] <+Thek> ((grans = bragbs))
[20:51] <+James> "I may need to go to Oasis eventually."
[20:51] <+Thek> ((bragbs = grabs))
[20:51] <+Jaden> ::looks to Jenna:: "If Liam is telling the truth there is no reason to avoid Oasis."
[20:52] <+Jenna> "do you want to take that chance?"
[20:52] <+James> "There's a gate in Oasis, and T'Sok said there's one in Paradise City, too."
[20:52] * +Jenna nods "this is true"
[20:52] <+Jaden> "I don't think we have enough funds for the gates James."
[20:53] <+James> "I know.  I mean the gates are danger points."
[20:53] <+Jenna> "I'd better get ready"
[20:53] * +Jenna goes to the place where they have competitions
[20:53] <+Jenna> ((wherever that is))
[20:53] <+Jaden> ::nods:: "So we will take the trade route north then, if we need to leave in a hurry we will mett along the road."
[20:54] <+James> "Those Solandan knights could be infiltrating Paradise."
[20:54] <.Bynw> *lots of ale passess about during the festivities .... and Lord Rhodon calls the various contests to begin*
[20:54] <+Kanax> (d20+2)
[20:54] <+Kanax> d20+2
[20:54] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+2) and rolled 15.
[20:55] <+Kanax> ((erk))
[20:55] <+Kanax> d20+4
[20:55] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Kanax (d20+4) and rolled 20.
[20:55] <+Jaden> ::watches teh competition but finds a clear path to teh exit::
[20:56] <.Bynw> *at midday the archery contest is called*
[20:57] <+James> ::Has Charlie ready and goes to watch the archery::
[20:57] <.Bynw> * at the begining there were a dozen archers on the field .... after the first round half are eliminated *
[20:59] <+Kanax> ::returns to Jaden's side, scowling::
[20:59] <.Bynw> *the second round eliminates 3 more .... and only Jenna and 2 others remian .... an Elf and a human*
[20:59] <+Jaden> ::looks briefly to Kanax:: "Problems?"
[20:59] <+Thek> ::Turns to Kanax:: "Why so down Dwarf?"
[21:00] <+Kanax> ::shakes his head::  "Just a runin with the one person in this country I don't care to speak to."
[21:01] * +Jenna rests on her heels, bow ready, watching the other competitors
[21:01] <.Bynw> *the Elf goes first as he has the highest score*
[21:01] <.Bynw> d20+9
[21:01] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+9) and rolled 27.
[21:02] <+Thek> ((Uh-oh!))
[21:02] * Mistyck is now known as Milton
[21:02] <+Milton> d20+8
[21:02] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Milton (d20+8) and rolled 18.
[21:02] <+Jenna> ((Milton?!?!?!))
[21:02] <+Kanax> ((Ah ha...))
[21:02] <+Jenna> d20+11
[21:02] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+11) and rolled 13.
[21:02] <+Thek> ((HEY!  I live in Milton!))
[21:03] <+Milton> ((lol!))
[21:03] <+James> ((Milton, PA?))
[21:03] <.Bynw> (( its the best 3 out of 5 ))
[21:03] <+Thek> ((Ontario))
[21:03] <.Bynw> (( no hes one those canadians eh)
[21:04] <+James> ((That's right, Thek is Silvr . . . ))
[21:04] * +Jenna just shakes her head and sighs
[21:04] <.Bynw> *the Elf takes his second shot looking smug*
[21:04] <.Bynw> d20+9
[21:04] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+9) and rolled 16.
[21:04] <+Milton> d20+8
[21:04] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Milton (d20+8) and rolled 9.
[21:04] <+Milton> ((ick!))
[21:04] * +Jenna smiles patronizingly at the elf
[21:04] <+Jenna> d20+11
[21:04] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+11) and rolled 29.
[21:05] <+James> ((woo woo))
[21:05] <.Bynw> *the elf tide with jenna right now fires his 3rd shot*
[21:05] <.Bynw> d20+9
[21:05] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+9) and rolled 26.
[21:05] <+Milton> d20+8
[21:05] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Milton (d20+8) and rolled 24.
[21:05] <+Jenna> d20+11
[21:05] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+11) and rolled 26.
[21:06] <+James> ((Still tied!))
[21:06] <.Bynw> *the elf looks over and is disturbed by the half-breeds skills*
[21:06] <+Thek> ((Sudden Death!  First to kill the toher wins!))
[21:06] <+Milton> ((thought it was 3 of 5))
[21:07] <+Thek> ((They tied the last shot))
[21:07] <+Jenna> ((it is, that elf is slow the bastard))
[21:07] <.Bynw> d20+9
[21:07] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+9) and rolled 26.
[21:07] <+Milton> d20+8
[21:07] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Milton (d20+8) and rolled 28.
[21:07] * +Jenna kicks Palamedes in the nads
[21:07] <+Jenna> d20+11
[21:07] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+11) and rolled 25.
[21:09] <.Bynw> *the elf fires his shot that will either win or loose it for him*
[21:09] <.Bynw> d20+9
[21:09] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Bynw (d20+9) and rolled 24.
[21:10] <+Milton> ::turns to the other two and says "May the best shooter win!"
[21:10] * +Jenna glares at the elf and looks at Milton impatiently
[21:10] * +Milton takes a deep breath
[21:10] <+Milton> d20+8
[21:10] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Milton (d20+8) and rolled 24.
[21:11] * +Jenna steps up to the shooting line and aims, taking a deep breath herself
[21:11] * +Jenna closes her eyes, focuses then reopens and lets fly
[21:11] <+Jenna> d20+31
[21:11] * +Palamedes rolls the dice for Jenna (d20+31) and rolled 34.
[21:11] <+Kanax> ((lol, good thing you used it))
[21:11] <+Thek> ((Cheater!))
[21:11] <+Milton> ((damn good thing you used it!))
[21:11] <+Jenna> ((no kidding, I'm gonna reprogram Palamedes geez))
[21:12] <+Milton> ((lol!))
[21:12] <+Jenna> ((or disassemble him))
[21:12] <.Bynw> *jenna's arrow slices through the elfs arrow and he congradulates her in her victory and skill*
[21:12] <+Kanax> ::whistles at Jenna's last shot::
[21:13] * +Jenna shakes hands with both competitors then approaches the judges
[21:13] * +Milton congratulates the lady
[21:14] <+Jaden> ::moves to the gates and waits for the others::
[21:14] <+Kanax> ::whispers:: "She's quite a shot."
[21:14] <+James> ::Goes with Jaden::
[21:14] <+Kanax> ::follows::
[21:15] <.Bynw> *Lord Rhodon is looks pleased as Jenna approaches*  "A well placed shot."  *he hands her the purse and a wrapped bundle large enough to hold a quiver of 2 score arrows and a bow*
[21:16] * +Jenna bows slightly "my thanks, milord"
[21:16] * +Jenna takes the purse and bundle and makes her farewells to all concerned
[21:17] * +Jenna scoots on over to the gates to meet the others
[21:17] * +Thek picks up his pack, and heads over to the gates
[21:18] <+Jaden> ::once Jenna arrives moves out of teh gates down the road::
[21:18] <.Bynw> *at the gates of Quiette Castle are many caravans of supplies from all parts in the restoration efforts taking place ... and just as many leaving as well*
[21:18] <+Kanax> ::watches all he passes for the woman he seeks::
[21:18] <+James> ((Don't tell me . . . Liam has a caravan going back and wants to hire us?))
[21:19] <+Jenna> "let's get the hell out of here" ((to the party in general))
[21:19] <.Bynw> (no he doesnt travel this route)
[21:19] <+James> "I'm ready"
[21:19] <+James> ::mounts Charlie::
[21:19] <+Jaden> ((sick bastard))
[21:20] <.Bynw> (( this route is not a Rochelle dominated trade route ... it dominated by the Seaforts ))
[21:20] <+Jaden> ::is already out on the road::
[21:20] <+Kanax> ::makes sure his few packs are secure, and mounts, riding along::
[21:21] <+Jenna> "James would you mind if Charlie carried my new toys?"
[21:21] <.Bynw> (( ok we are gonna stop here .... nobody can leave yet ))
[21:21] <+James> "Not at all, Jenna."
[21:21] <+Jenna> "I haven't practiced with this new bow yet and would prefer to carry my own on the road"
[21:21] * +Jenna hands the bundle up to James to add to the pack
[21:22] * +Jenna then tucks the purse into a safe place on her person
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member