News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Chapter 2 Episode 1

Started by Bynw, 08 November 2006, 17:22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:47] <.Bynw> *** BEGING RECAP***
[19:47] <.Bynw> *Left without patron or funds from their recent ecounter, the adventures are at a crossroads.*
[19:48] <.Bynw> *Seanna has joined the adventuring band having been dismissed from a local wizard's guild.  A welcome addition to the group.*
[19:48] <.Bynw> *Chadmyr, not having any gold to show for his troubles, has again returned to Einar.*
[19:49] <.Bynw> *James has gone to the druid enclave outside Paradise City to relay the details of the destruction of the druid settlement at Kirsh.  He has been gone for several days.*
[19:49] <+Jenna> ((me waves bye to Chad "don't forget to write!"))
[19:49] <.Bynw> *Ibon waits for James to return while he plans his next move*
[19:50] <.Bynw> *Jenna is somewhat releaved that her brother Jaden is alive but misses his company.*
[19:50] <+DarkSir_Raiding> ((I'm hurrying, guild is being slow.))
[19:50] <.Bynw> *Thek simply is not seen by anyone shortly after the group's return to the city*
[19:51] <.Bynw> *Kanex has kept to himself - troubled by his own inner thoughts but waits as the others for James to Return*
[19:51] <.Bynw> *** END RECAP***
[19:51] <.Bynw> (( Before we go anyfurther ......
[19:52] <.Bynw> (( Everyone get's 1500 XP ... let me know if you level ))
[19:53] <+Seanna> not yet
[19:54] <.Bynw> (( oh and dont do slash me statements in OOC like the one above .. when posted to the board as a log it shows as *Bynw instead of the person who actually stated it ))
[19:55] <+James> ((Nope, but damn close now))
[19:55] <+James> ((Just 360 points away.)
[19:55] <.Bynw> (( now we can continue ... ))
[19:55] <+Seanna> ((you should get that by next game then or even tonight))
[19:56] <.Bynw> *Everyone is sitting around the common room of the local Inn where they have been since returning from the ill fated adventure to capture the rogue mage ... waiting for James to return from seeing the druids*
[19:58] <.Bynw> *Ibon spends the day tending to his bow with long crafted hands of a master bowman*
[19:59] <+James> ::James enters::
[20:00] <+James> ::looks around, spots the group, and heads in that direction::
[20:00] <.Bynw> *Ibon sees James coming over while he tends to his bow*  "Ah the druid is back ... and muddy too"
[20:01] * +Jenna is tending her Einarian bow also, taking instruction from Ibon
[20:02] <+James> "It's the rainy season . . . which, as I reminded our last patron, is not all that bad since the alternative is the snowy season."
[20:03] <+Seanna> "Hello again, James"
[20:03] <+James> "Hello, Seanna"
[20:03] * DarkSir_Raiding is now known as Kanax
[20:04] <+Jenna> "How did the druids take the news, James?"
[20:05] <+James> "Well, the Druids are very interested in what happened.  They want it investigated, and are willing to pay 10,000 gold crowns to fund such an investigation."
[20:05] * +Jenna perks up
[20:05] <+Seanna> "hmmn, interesting..."
[20:06] <+Seanna> "that's a lot of money"
[20:06] * +Kanax looks up as James enters, smiling a bit, and moving across the room to join the group.
[20:06] <+James> "There's also a more local investigation they want done, but since Ibon is here now and there are others to look into local things, I'm inclined to return with him to Kirsh."
[20:07] <+Seanna> "to Kirsh we go then!"
[20:07] <+Kanax> "Wherever that may be."
[20:08] * +Jenna looks wary
[20:09] * +Seanna looks at Jenna and says: C'mon Jenna, where's your sense of adventure and spirit?
[20:10] * +Jenna shrugs "I've heard bad things about that place"
[20:10] <.Bynw> *Ibon*  "Excellent ... the druids ARE interested and willing to even pay to have the attack looked into.*
[20:10] <+Seanna> "well, there's risk in life, but you can't stop living"
[20:11] <.Bynw> *Ibon*  "When will your group be ready to leave James?  I'm sure that others now will also be looking into the matter ..."
[20:12] <+James> "I'm ready after a meal and a nap.  How about the rest?"
[20:12] <+Seanna> "same here"
[20:12] <+Kanax> "I am ready whenever.  I've cooled my heels here too long as it is."
[20:12] <+Jenna> "I guess you're right."
[20:13] <+Seanna> "besides, Jenna, we may find your brother there"
[20:15] <.Bynw> *Ibon* "I say leave at first light tomorrow morning ... we all have horses last I saw.  That will give us all a good nights rest"
[20:15] <+Jenna> "If we do, he's crazier than even I knew"
[20:15] * +Jenna smiles a bit
[20:16] <+James> "Tomorrow it is, then."
[20:16] * +Jenna nods
[20:16] <+Seanna> "agreed"
[20:18] <.Bynw> (( PM me with anything that your character does during the night before leaving ... otherwise we will be on the road at first light and need a marching order ... brb))
[20:18] * +Jenna paints the town partying (j/k :) )
[20:19] <+Kanax> (( volunteering for point ))
[20:20] * +Seanna will stay safely in the middle
[20:20] <+Seanna> ((I'm just a poor little defenceless mage))
[20:20] <+James> ((I can do middle or rear.))
[20:23] <+Jenna> ((you do the middle James, I'll ride in the back))
[20:23] <+Jenna> ((I gots the fancy schmancy bow :) ))
[20:24] <+James> ((Okey dokey))
[20:24] <.Bynw> *come morning the party has assmebles and begins their trek eastward towards Adan and Kirsh - Kanex and Ibon riding up front, Seanna and James in the middle and Jenna taking up the rear*
[20:26] <.Bynw> ! there are several routes to take ... all involve the Red river which is right on Paradise City ... 
[20:27] <.Bynw> ! 1) take the red river south to the twenty ways road and follow it across the boarder (both James and Jenna have travelled this road from Adan .. it will eventually get near the destination
[20:27] <.Bynw> ! 2) just cross the lesser travelled north roads .... 
[20:28] <.Bynw> ! 3) forge your own path
[20:28] <.Bynw> !! which do you take !!
[20:28] * +Seanna will follow the more experienced travellers
[20:28] * +Jenna looks around
[20:28] <+Jenna> well, since we all do have a sense of adventure, why not take the direct path?
[20:29] <+Jenna> "
[20:29] <+Jenna> "it's less travelled but I bet it's faster!"
[20:29] <+Seanna> "possibly"
[20:29] * +Jenna mutters "and it doesn't involve boats..."
[20:30] <+James> "Okay, we all know your fondness for boats."
[20:30] * +Jenna rolls her eyes heavenward
[20:31] <+James> "Ibon, do you have a preference?"
[20:31] <.Bynw> (( oh a 4th option would be to go north on the Red River and then take a ship over the top of the contanent !!
[20:31] <.Bynw> *Ibon* "Take the north road, thats how I got here ... its faster"
[20:32] <+James> "That sounds like a consensus, then, unless you have another idea, Kanax."
[20:35] * +Kanax shrugs, "I'm new to travelling, still. I trust your judgement."
[20:36] <+James> "Okay, the north road it is."
[20:37] <.Bynw> *Ibon* "Its about 700 miles ... and most of it pretty tame territory ... we will be in Adan within a day though"
[20:39] <.Bynw> *Ibon* "to Kirsh that is ... but Adan is just over the Red River"
[20:40] <+Kanax> (( AFK as briefly as possible.  If I don't go lock up the store, my dad's gonna shoot me ))
[20:42] <+Jenna> ((no shootings))
[20:46] <+Jenna> ((we aren't wanted for anything in Adan, are we?))
[20:46] <+James> ((I'm not))
[20:47] <.Bynw> (( no you arent wanted in Adan ... ))
[20:47] <+Jenna> ((whew))
[20:47] <+Seanna> ((phew!  didn't want to be travelling with fugitives!))
[20:47] <+James> ((We did that before with Jaden.))
[20:48] <+Seanna> ((yes and it was HARD!!!))
[20:49] <+James> ((Well, the terrain was partly to blame.  Being lost in the desert is hard whoever you're travelling with.))
[20:50] <+James> ((Ayways, it isn't Jenna that knows the one route to Kirsh, is it?  I thought it was Vinedea.))
[20:51] <+Jenna> ((correct))
[20:52] <.Bynw> ! jenna travelled on the twenty ways road across Adan to Oasis in Paradise, with her brother ... and was joined by James, Chad and Cymber in Westfallen Adan!
[20:52] <+James> ((ahhh . . . ))
[20:53] <.Bynw> * 17 days of travel from Paradise City to the mountains of Kirsh in Adan.  Crossing the Paradisian/Adanian border is done with easy and little hassle ... 
[20:54] <.Bynw> and crossing most of Adan's northern counties is as simple as paying the taxes required on various roads and bridges crossed and lay overs in several citys and towns along wth way*
[20:54] * +Jenna keeps a careful watch on the surroundings as they travel, keeping her bow at the ready and tending to that bow while resting
[20:55] <+Jenna> (('cuz they're the taxman...))
[20:55] <+Seanna> ((I'm the taxman!!!)))
[20:55] * IIsi50MHz (IIsi50MHz@ACCAD0B4.ipt.aol.com) has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:56] <+Jenna> ((wouldn't that be taxwoman?))
[20:56] <+Seanna> ((lol))
[20:56] <+James> ((Hi IIsi))
[20:56] <IIsi50MHz> (( soung cue? ))
[20:56] <+Seanna> ((Hiyas IIsi))
[20:56] <+Jenna> ((heyas IIsi Biisi Spider :) ))
[20:56] <IIsi50MHz> (( hai-hai *nod-n-bow* ))
[20:56] <+James> ((Maybe IIsi can come back.))
[20:56] <IIsi50MHz> (( I went up a water spout? __
[20:56] <+Jenna> ((will we be in Seafort territory ever?))
[20:57] <IIsi50MHz> (( *sigh* demon ate my parenthesis ))
[20:57] <+Seanna> ((rofl))
[20:57] <.Bynw> (( we were much earlier ... ))
[20:57] <+James> ((Not unless the Seaforts bought Kirsh.))
[20:57] <+Jenna> ((ugh, who would want to BUY Kirsh??))
[20:57] <.Bynw> (( the spectrals of course ))
[20:58] <IIsi50MHz> (( We thought about it, but it was such a fix'er'upper! (-; ))
[20:58] <+Seanna> ((hehe))
[20:58] <+Jenna> ((ROFL))
[20:59] <IIsi50MHz> (( ruh oh, everybody died laughing ))
[20:59] <+Jenna> (( ::hands IIsi the award for Understatement of the Year:: ))
[21:00] <IIsi50MHz> (( Ok, I'll take this hoppertunity to ask: where can I find the log which mentions Davidius? ))
[21:00] <IIsi50MHz> (( Site search and drive search turned up nothing ))
[21:00] <+James> ((I don't remember Davidius.  That must have been an old one.))
[21:01] <.Bynw> *15 days in their journey the band of adventures stop in the capital city of the county of Tornt - ruled by his lord the Earl, Edward Maxwell-Perry.  The name of the city is Tornt City.* 
[21:01] <.Bynw> *(( try searching in the logs for Seafort ))
[21:01] <+James> ((Oh, Davidius is David?))
[21:01] <IIsi50MHz> (( Naw, occurs twice. Once when Chad was being a pest, and the first time when David was accosted by a scary looking merchant ))
[21:02] <IIsi50MHz> (( Yah, duh (-: me hands over the latin ))
[21:03] <IIsi50MHz>  (( I now have /both/ Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Duke Of Earl playing simultaneously in my head. Thanks, B. (^: ))
[21:03] <.Bynw> (( I'm gonna go ahead and stop at this point ... we are about 3 days from Kirsh and need a good resting point for the characters.  Tornt City is WELL known to the Deryni ... it houses Adan's highest deryni population....
[21:03] <.Bynw> (( 150 xp to give to your peers ))
[21:04] <IIsi50MHz> (( Yeah, peer has definitely earned a level ))
[21:04] * +Seanna gives divvies them up equally
[21:04] <+Jenna> split evenly I guess.. we didn't do much :)
[21:04] <+James> 50 each.
[21:04] <+Seanna> same here
[21:06] <.Bynw>  ... the city is also the home of Adan's most famous Deryni's .... Tannor Darin Krow was the original Earl and his scions of his family have ruled it to this day ... now the Maxwell Perrys ... but others have been both the Anak's and Bindar's))
[21:07] <.Bynw> and if you dont recoginize those three names ... you havent read the history of Teara Adan
[21:08] <.Bynw> Tannor Darin Krow, Mazda Anak and Horok Bindar .... the very founders of the Anadari Knights
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member