Bynw

[19:34]<Bynw> +-------------------------------------------+
[19:34]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 57
[19:34]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:34]<Bynw> | Ibon, the Baron himself, is to be the
[19:34]<Bynw> | Anadari guide through Kirsh. He too has a
[19:34]<Bynw> | Tricon mount like the Anadari. And seems
[19:34]<Bynw> | well versed in their ways.
[19:34]<Bynw> |
[19:34]<Bynw> | Ibon tells the Anadari as they being their
[19:34]<Bynw> | journey from his keep that the druids are
[19:34]<Bynw> | currently divided. One group believes Ibon
[19:34]<Bynw> | himself to be the incarnation of their Lord.
[19:34]<Bynw> | While the others believe another to be the
[19:34]<Bynw> | true incarnation of the "giver of gifts'
[19:34]<Bynw> | who is thier Lord.
[19:34]<Bynw> | This Lord has been many mortals, but
[19:34]<Bynw> | powerful adept or wizards over the centuries.
[19:34]<Bynw> | Many Spectral Magicians have claimed this
[19:34]<Bynw> | title as did Parshawl the Anlarye. And
[19:34]<Bynw> | the renagade druid Chadwick, is the giver's
[19:34]<Bynw> | chief priest. And he, in Ibon's words, is
[19:34]<Bynw> | immortal.
[19:34]<Bynw> |   Today's Game Date: Thursday the
[19:34]<Bynw> |           26 Juni 464 NE
[19:34]<Bynw> |      Game Time: Just after Sunrise
[19:34]<Bynw> |   Location: Barony of Noyse, Kirsh
[19:34]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:36]<+Daine> ::scoffs openly::
[19:36]<Bynw> *the group continues to slowly move its way into the woods
[19:37]<+Daine> "THE Parshawl Anlarye? That would make him hundreds of years old. Immortal indeed."
[19:37]<+Daine> "And you are posing as a god to these...druids, Baron?"
[19:38]<Bynw> *Ibon* "Oh Parshawl the Anlarye is long since dead. At least we all hope. Chadwick is the one who is immortal. And he follows the one who would be Parshawl's heir. At least that is what I have learned in the last couple of years."
[19:40]<Bynw> *Ibon looks at Daine* "If they follow me and do not harm others as they have done in the past. This is a good thing is it not"
[19:42]<+Daine> ::Sighs:: "McKone thought so, at first I suppose." ::Daine's eyes lower to the earth and his voice trails off::
[19:44]* Elim is now known as Llanth
[19:45]<Bynw> *Ibon* "So where do you wish to go ... what do you wish to gain while you are here at Kirsh?"
[19:46]* jlcsusara (~jlcsusara@A6D346.387974.9FA232.7901C9) has joined #teara-adan
[19:46]* ChanServ gives channel half-operator status to jlcsusara
[19:46]<+Daine> ::Looks to Regan::
[19:47]<Bynw> *Michon to group* @@"any of you may respond"@@
[19:49]<+Daine> ::Looks to Ibon for a moment before he answers:: "You know what happened in the west? You and your order felt the psionic wave?"
[19:51]<Bynw> *ibon stops* "Yes we are aware of the southern Matrix being activated. Nym?"
[19:54]<+Daine> "Yes, but that is not why we are here. We are here because Chadwick is moving to activate another Matrix, and he has the needed tools to do so."
[19:54]<Bynw> *ibon* "It was like a sunrise in the southwest ... " *he trails off as Daine speaks*
[19:54]<Bynw> *ibon* "What?!"
[19:56]<+Daine> ::Looks to Ibon:: "I am not a nobel and I have little or no skill at these word games Baron. I've no time to bander words, neither do you. Do you see the seriousness of this now?"
[20:00]<+Daine> ::his Vamari accent is heavy as he speaks:: "We are here because master Nym understands an ancient Valmari saying, Know your enemy. Now I ask you. Where are we going?"
[20:01]* Risira steels herself and then looks to Ibon.  "I am the newest member of this order, but I think that I can say that we believe stopping Chadwick, whatever form that may take, is a greater good not just for ourselves but for our world."
[20:02]<Bynw> *ibon* "we were going to go where ever in Kirsh you wished to go ... but now that you have stated that Chadwick has the means to activate another Matrix ... this is grave news indeed. he isnt the ring leader of anything. he is a servant."
[20:02]<+Daine> "We know."
[20:03]<+Daine> "What we do not know is who he serves and what that persons next move is."
[20:04]<Bynw> *Tara to group* @@"he's using magic right now ... an amulet or something ... "@@
[20:05]<Bynw> *ibon just stares blankly at Daine as if trying to comprehend it all*
[20:07]<Bynw> *ibon* "You must follow me"
[20:07]<+Risira> *to Tara* @@Can you tell what he's doing?@@
[20:08]<Bynw> roll 7df+
[20:08]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 7df+ and gets ( )(+)(-)(-)(-)(+)( ) Great
[20:08]<Bynw> *Tara to group* @@"it was just a communication type spell, meant for very long distances"@@
[20:09]* jlcsusara has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[20:11]<+Risira> *to the group* @@I wonder what he was communicating and to whom?@@
[20:12]<+Daine> ::Glances to Tara, then back to Ibon. Qamar dances in place a bit reacting to Daine's nervousness. Daine's eyes study Ibon:: "Who is in charge in Chadwick's absence and who does Chadwick work for?"
[20:13]<Bynw> *ibon* "Chadwick serves the Giver of Gifts. He rules his clan even in his absence."
[20:14]<+Llanth> "And what do you know of the Giver of Gifts?"
[20:15]<+Daine> "You talk of Master of Nym casually, you know him. You have an amulet that you've used to communicate with your masters just now. I am a simple man, please don't confuse that with stupidity. Who is this giver of gifts?"
[20:16]<Bynw> *ibon looks at the others* "I take it your Anadari mission is to find out all about Chadwick. Since he is the sum of your questions and concerns .... Only what I have learned in the last couple of years from the traditions of the druids that are serving me. but if Chadwick has the ability to activate a Matrix ... he needs to be stopped. And you can't do that alone."
[20:19]<+Daine> ::Speaks in a tone as if stating the obvious:: "We are not alone. Master Nym asked for help, King Benedict sent you."
[20:21]<+Daine> ::Continues speaking in that tone:: "Of course we are looking for information on Chadwick, wouldn't you be if you where us? I sense you have not been versed in battle tactics Baron?"
[20:22]<Bynw> *ibon* "I have met Nym in the past. He does not like me. But I like him. Benedict is no king. He is official title is Earl of Kirsh. His dwaven clans have been granted autonomy and may choose to ignore Adanian law under some conditions."
[20:25]<+Daine> ::Nods in deference as Ibon explains how Benedict has all the power of a king, but not the title:: "I see." ::in Valmari:: "Strange."
[20:26]<Bynw> *Ibon* "Benedict is a vassel king to the crown of Adan. not independent of it"
[20:28]<+Daine> ::Just looks confused:: "I see. So the dwarves are slaves then?"
[20:30]<Bynw> *ibon* "but if Chadwick has the power you say he has .. this is most grave indeed. do you know where he plans on using his abilities?"
[20:32]<+Daine> ::Chuckles at Ibon:: "At first? On you."
[20:33]<Bynw> *ibon* "We need to move and move quickly ... you must follow me ..." *he says as his tricon enters the astral*
[20:35]<Bynw> *Michon* "I am not loosing him ..." *he too enters the astral*
[20:36]<+Llanth> @@ Follow them Adhab@@
[20:36]<+Daine> ::Looks to the other Anadari with a shrug:: "Do all these Spectrals need to be convinced to take people seriously?"
[20:37]* Risira signals Bashira to follow as well.
[20:37]<+Daine> "Did we not make that clear when we came?" ::Qamar enters the astral at a trot::
[20:39]<Bynw> *ibon is waiting for the others. once there he takes them on a short ride across the astral before re-entering the material world*
[20:39]<Bynw> (( hold up ... i need to take 10-15 minutes here ))
[20:54]<Bynw> *ibon and the anadari are in the courtyard of a mountain fortress*
[20:56]<Bynw> *ibon dismounts*
[20:57]<+Daine> ::Hops down from Qamar's back:: "Someone is here who will tell us who the giver of gifts is?"
[20:58]* Risira carefully dismounts from Bashira.
[21:00]<Bynw> *Ibon waits as the others dismount before he heads for the only doors visible in the walls surrounding the courtyard*
[21:02]<Bynw> *ibon motions for everyone to follow him*
[21:02]<+Daine> ::sneers, muttering to himself in Valmari:: "We've been in these lands since last night and NOW he hurries...." ::follows Ibon::
[21:03]<Bynw> *ibon to daine, in valmari* "if our ancestors would have know of this place they would have laid siege to it ... fortunately it has glamors that protect it. we are not in Kirsh"
[21:07]<+Daine> @@::to the others:: "He talks much and says nothing."@@
[21:07]<Bynw> *once inside Ibon lights the several torches and candles with a wave of his hand ... a simple deryni parlor trick .. revealing a sitting room with several oversized chairs, couches and a large oak table*
[21:08]* Risira is feeling a certain reservation about this situation but says nothing.
[21:09]<Bynw> *Ibon* "we are not in Kirsh. we are in a very well hidden fortress built on the eastern slopes of the Einar mountains. In what was once Valimar"
[21:11]<+Daine> ::Enters the room slowly, scanning the room top to bottom. His thumbs hooked into his gunbelt:: "Why are we here?"
[21:14]<Bynw> *Ibon* "Because if Chadwick is going to activate a Matrix everyone alive isn't going to be for long. You worry about the enslavement of the dwarves of Kirsh, who arent of course. You need to worry that the Giver of Gifts ... gives out Death as his greatest gift."
[21:18]<Bynw> *Michon* "This chamber is well warded. I can just sense my Tricon outside ... and only because of the link between us ..."
[21:20]<+Risira> "As I said before we knew what you have just told us, stopping Chadwick is our concern.  This information only adds fuel to a blazing bonfire."
[21:21]<+Daine> ::Nods in agreement with Risira, looking at Ibon::
[21:21]<+Llanth> "So there is an incomplete matrix here?"
[21:21]<+Risira> "And if stopping Chadwick means we must also stop the Giver of Gifts, then so be it."
[21:24]<Bynw> *Ibon* "there is no incomplete matrix here at this fortress .." *the outside door opens and a man steps inside dressed in Orange robes from head to toe. his face covered by a hood like that belonging to a hangman or a grand inquisitor.*
[21:25]* Risira 's eyes widen.
[21:26]<+Daine> ::Daine's right hand moves to lightly rest on the butt of his revolver::
[21:27]<Bynw> *man in orange* "Nym's apprentices." *he looks about the chamber and closes the door behind him, putting the wards back into place*
[21:27]<Bynw> *he walks to the table and takes a seat and motions for everyone to join him there*
[21:28]<Bynw> *the robes he is wearing are very much like that Master Soltaari was wearing when the Matrix was activated by Nym. the robes of a Spectral Magician*
[21:29]<+Daine> ::His right hand drops to his side, he looks to the others, and then slowly takes a seat. He eyes the man in the robes and Ibon::
[21:30]* Risira sits, a wary look in her eyes.
[21:30]* Llanth takes a seat at the table.
[21:31]<Bynw> *man in orange* "Do any of you know where this Chadwick is planning on activating a Matrix?"
[21:33]<+Daine> ::His eyes dart to the others:: @@"I don't like this subterfuge. No one is answering us. I say we remain quiet."@@
[21:33]<+Daine> ::He faces the mysterious man in the orange robes, silent::
[21:35]<Bynw> *man in orange looks at Daine* "You are Uthani. Welcome to the Empire." *he takes off the hood hiding his identity. He is clean shaven and short haired man in about upper 30s*
[21:36]<+Daine> ::Stares at the man in orange::
[21:38]<Bynw> "I am Michael, Duke of Stonemont" *he says*
[21:39]<+Daine> ::Nods at the Duke:: "I am Daine T'Zan."
[21:40]<Bynw> *Michael* "We are here to help one another. Two ancient orders banning together to fight a common enemy"
[21:42]<+Daine> "We are here for answers."
[21:43]<Bynw> *Michael* "As are we. Now lets see if we can meet in the middle somewhere."
[21:43]<+Daine> ::Nods::
[21:44]<+Daine> ::Looks to Ibon::
[21:44]<Bynw> *Michael* "Our question is do you know which matrix this Chadwick intends on activating?"
[21:45]<Bynw> *Ibon looks to Michael*
[21:49]<+Daine> ::Looks to Michael:: "You are our interrogator?"
[21:51]<Bynw> *Michael* "I am not an interrogator. I have been appointed to speak on the Orders behalf"
[21:56]<+Daine> ::Looks to the others before he returns his attention to Stonemont:: "Duke Stonemont, Nym asked Lord Benedict for help in finding information. I'm afraid we do not know you and we do not understand why we are here. We are are also confused why no one will answer our questions. Frankly no one here seems to have listened to us or taken us seriously since we arrived in Kirsh."
[21:58]<Bynw> *Michael* "Lord Benedict, doesn't want anyone in Kirsh. Thus he pawned you off on Baron Noyes. I am here because I asked Ibon to bring you here because Kirsh is not a safe place to talk. Too many ears there. What questions do you have Lord Daine?"
[22:00]<+Daine> ::His brows knit in frustration and he spares a heated glance at Ibon:: "We've asked your man Lord Ibon many questions. Was he not listening?"
[22:02]<Bynw> *Ibon* "The dangers of Chadwick are on the forefront of my mind sir. Forgive me ... thus we are here where it is safer to speak freely."
[22:05]<+Daine> "Baron, we are Anadari, not traveling salesmen. We've wasted an entire night in Kirsh. Did no one think that an entire group of Anadari would have important business? Yet we have to convince you to listen." ::looks heatedly at Ibon::
[22:05]<+Daine> ::Looks back to Stonemont:: "Who is 'the giver of gifts'?"
[22:06]* Risira places a gentle hand on Daine's arm.  @@My brother, anger will do no good, I believe.@@
[22:07]<+Daine> ::Looks to Risira, after a moment he nods and his face returns to a stoic look. he then faces back to Stonemont::
[22:07]<Bynw> *Ibon* "I had know idea why you were at Kirsh in the first place until the morning while we were riding. Lord Benedict just said to see to these people."
[22:08]<Bynw> *Michael* "No. We do not know who has this title currently. It is not a member of the Order this time. Although, history does reveal it has been a member of our Order several times in the past."
[22:09]<+Risira> "Is this some kind of reincarnation, or a passing of a title from one person to a selected successor, or...?"
[22:12]<Bynw> *Michael* "I think it is a mixture actually. Some are preordained. Some just assume the title."
[22:14]<+Risira> "So we need to stop not only Chadwick but this mysterious Giver of Gifts as well."
[22:14]<+Daine> "Do you know this symbol?" ::Daine holds out his hand, dark purple handfire dances above his palm and forms the symbol engraved on Chadwick's medallion::
[22:17]<Bynw> *Michael studies it for a moment* "Off hand. I do not. But I can consult our libraries and see if I can find a match for it."
[22:18]<+Daine> "It is the key to finding where Chadwick intends to restore a Matrix. He is in Utha now."
[22:19]<Bynw> *Michael* "He is in Utha now? There is rumored to be a Matrix buried in the deserts surrounding your capital of Deever."
[22:19]<+Daine> ::Nods:: "He is in Deever."
[22:21]<+Daine> "He was at the the ceremony that installed James Noon as Bishop there."
[22:23]<+Daine> "I would say that answers your question Lord Stonemont."
[22:25]<Bynw> *Michael* "I think it does. I need to speak with Lord Nym."
[22:27]<+Daine> ::looks to the others:: @@"Should we bring him to the Tri-sun fortress in the Glass desert?"@@
[22:28]<+Risira> @@Is there some other way he could communicate with Master Nym?  I do not think Master Nym would appreciate our casually giving away the whereabouts of the fortress.@@
[22:30]<+Daine> @@"We could share our power and contact him via mind speech, but it would be draining for us over such a long distance. Master Michon could guild us."@@
[22:30]<+Daine> @@"Tara, do you have an easier way?"@@
[22:30]<Bynw> *Michon* @@" I agree. Risira is correct. I could do that but we would have to do it from the courtyard"@@
[22:32]<Bynw> *Tara* @@"We can contact Nym at this distance with all of us. But let him choose where to meet at."@@
[22:33]<+Daine> @@"Agreed then."@@
[22:34]<+Daine> ::Looks back to Stonemont:: "We agree. We will contact Master Nym in your courtyard, outside of these shields. He can come to meet you."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member