Bynw

[20:18]<Bynw> +-------------------------------------------+
[20:18]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 65
[20:18]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[20:18]<Bynw> | Relocating into the woods of Einar at a
[20:18]<Bynw> | place chosen by Master Nym. The vampire
[20:18]<Bynw> | and the Anadari are discussing a plan to
[20:18]<Bynw> | stop Chadwick and Ezekiel.
[20:18]<Bynw> |
[20:18]<Bynw> | The plan involves the use of a shiral
[20:18]<Bynw> | beaded net that is normally used to
[20:18]<Bynw> | preserve a dead body from decay.
[20:18]<Bynw> |     Today's Game Date: Saturday the
[20:18]<Bynw> |              28 Juni 464 NE
[20:18]<Bynw> |           Game Time: After Sunset
[20:18]<Bynw> |      Location: Quiette Castle, Einar
[20:18]<Bynw> |          End of Adventure Recap
[20:20]<Bynw> *Prince* "I shall make sure you get one of the nets as soon as possible. There is an old fortress not too far from here. It's currently not in use by anyone Master Nym. Would House Horizon like it as one of their houses?"
[20:22]<+Master_Nym> "Thank you Prince, but I don't think it's in our best interests to be in your debt."
[20:28]<Bynw> "It is not a debt. It is an opportunity. House Adamant will return to Einar at some point when they are strong enough." *the Prince says* "I would be more at ease with another house here."
[20:29]<+Daine> ::chuckles from the edge of the clearing:: "You mean another target."
[20:29]<+Llanth> @@ :: To Nym:: "Even if his offer in sincere, do we have enough members to split our house?" @@
[20:30]<+Master_Nym> @@"I think not. We have used not even a tenth of the fortress in the glass desert."@@
[20:30]<Bynw> *Prince* "Just don't make the mistake that Master John Christopher did ..."
[20:31]<+Master_Nym> "Oh? and what mistake was that?"
[20:33]<Bynw> "He allowed Ezikael's sire into his House as a full member. A bloodline that has psychic potential and abilities. Thinking it would be an honorable thing to let someone in that was very native to Einar."
[20:34]<+Daine> ::Spits::
[20:36]<+Master_Nym> ::Eyes Daine for a moment with disatisfaction for a moment, then returns his attention to the Prince:: "I don't think Ezikiael has plans to be friendly."
[20:39]<Bynw> *Prince* "Of course not. He will follow his sire's design. He will bring others across just as he was ... and then whatever House they are near will be brought down. 100's of Anadari apprentices sent to House Adamant from Master Ka'Dootes coalition just before the Anadari War lost their lives. Ezikael's sire was brought to justice and the rest of the House was eventually hunted down and even Ezikeal himself was put out of commission. But
[20:39]<Bynw>  not killed."
[20:41]<Bynw> *he closes his eyes for a moment* "I grieve for the loss of Master John and those that followed him. I invited him here when he left his master."
[20:44]<+Daine> "What?" ::looks on at the Prince with disbelief::
[20:45]<Bynw> *he looks over at Daine* "What puzzles you Daine?"
[20:45]* Regan chuckles
[20:47]<+Daine> ::Walks closer to the center of the clearing:: "You lament the death of an Anadari, yet kill to live yourself. How do you justify that to yourself?"
[20:49]<Bynw> "I do not kill to live, death is not required." *he answers*
[20:51]<+Daine> "Now your going to try to tell us that you've never killed for blood?"
[20:54]<Bynw> *he gets a toothy smile* "If I did that. I would be lying. It's not required to kill. I assure you, as a predator, I have killed many. But I do not need to kill to feed and generally do my best not to do so either."
[20:57]<+Daine> ::his hand slowly dips to his revolver and he opens his mouth to say something::
[20:58]<+Master_Nym> "Daine!"
[20:58]<+Daine> ::Stares at the Prince for a moment then slowly backs up again to the edge of the clearing::
[21:01]<+Master_Nym> ::looks to the Prince:: "Can you help us find Ezikeal?"
[21:01]<Bynw> *laughs* "I can cross the distance between us before you could draw another breath Daine. And yes I lament the death of many Anadari ... all of House Adamant."
[21:04]<Bynw> *the Prince glances over at Lord Warden and then back to Nym* "He is most likely in Utha. Last seen headed in that direction after leaving the Glass Desert."
[21:04]* jlcs-work has quit (EOF from client)
[21:07]<+Master_Nym> ::The muscles in his jaw bunch as he grinds his teeth:: "Utha."
[21:08]<Bynw> "His favored prey is there in great numbers. And he," *glances at Daine* "will kill to feed."
[21:08]<+Daine> ::Looks over at the Prince, his face red with anger. His hand tightly grips his revolver tightly::
[21:09]<+Master_Nym> "Favorite prey? You mean humans in general or something more specific?"
[21:10]<Bynw> "Adepts, Anadari. Deryni." *the prince answers*
[21:13]<+Master_Nym> "Last I tried to find Ezikeal I couldn't. It was as if his presence was masked by another Matrix."
[21:16]<+Master_Nym> "Exactly liked the one Chadwick has taken control of...in Utha."
[21:16]<Bynw> "Probably something to do with his last great feeding."
[21:19]<+Master_Nym> "Perhaps."
[21:21]<Bynw> *the Prince looks over at Daine* "You will only make him annoyed by using that pistol on him"
[21:21]<+Master_Nym> "How long will it take to make the Shiral net?"
[21:22]<Bynw> *Lord Warden* "I can see to it that you have one by morning."
[21:22]<+Daine> ::looks down at his hand on his pistol only now noticing he was holding it::
[21:23]<+Llanth> "How does one activate this net?"
[21:23]<+Daine> ::Lets go of the pistol:: "What will work then?"
[21:24]<Bynw> *Warden* "It's basically always working."
[21:25]<Bynw> *Prince* "I don't want you to kill him. One of us will do that, just let us know you have him."
[21:28]<+Master_Nym> ::Looks to the Prince questioningly:: "Why?"
[21:31]<Bynw> *Prince* "We want to make sure he is really dead. He could find a way of tricking you into thinking he is dead."
[21:37]<+Master_Nym> ::His face becomes very stoic:: "I see. Of course. We will contact you."
[21:39]<Bynw> "We may contact you if we find him ... to insure we have the means to bring him to justice. He is rebuilding his House." *the Prince says* "And I'm sure in Utha he will find plenty of everything he needs."
[21:39]<+Master_Nym> @@::to the group:: "They want Ezikeal for something."@@
[21:45]<Bynw> *Prince* "Once you are back in the Glass Desert. A woman named 'Kat' may contact you. And relay information to you."
[21:50]<+Master_Nym> ::Gives the Prince a dubious look:: "Contact me how?"
[21:52]<Bynw> "Come now Master Nym. You reside in Master Ethan's old fortress. It's not difficult to find. Only difficult to reach, for most mortals."
[21:55]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods slowly:: "Chadwick is in Utha, Ezikeal is in Utha. I don't think Kat will find us in the glass desert."
[21:56]<Bynw> "I guess you will be going to Utha. Unfortunately we don't have much sway there." *the Prince remarks* "Which may mean Ezikeal may fulfill that role himself."
[21:59]<Bynw> *Warden slips off into the woods away from the clearing*
[22:00]<+Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at the Prince:: "Perhaps my uncle will be of help then."
[22:01]<+Master_Nym> "And your not the only one we have to help either."
[22:01]<+Daine> "You never answered my question."
[22:02]<+Daine> "If my pistol wont be of help, what does kill your kind?"
[22:05]<Bynw> "Fire will. But then again he could be well protected against it due to magic." *the prince says*
[22:05]* Regan has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[22:07]<+Master_Nym> "The legends about your weakness to religious regalia?"
[22:11]<Bynw> "Legends are funny things. I am sure there are many legends of the Anadari." *The prince opens his buttons at the top of his tunic and pulls out a large cross warn around his neck* "But they are legends."
[22:11]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods::
[22:11]<+Llanth> "I bet you nevere expected to see a vampire that kept the faith huh Daine?"
[22:14]<+Daine> ::Looks to Llanth:: "The king of Utha for the last thousand or more years was undead and the highest authority of the church of Twan Do. I've seen what the undead with faith can do."
[22:15]<+Daine> ::Looks back to the Prince:: "It seems to me that one dogma isn't much different then the other."
[22:16]<+Daine> ::Glances again at Llanth for a moment and a slow smile creeps across his features, he asks the Prince:: "What about wood through the heart?"
[22:17]<+Daine> "Like an arrow."
[22:17]<Bynw> "Twan Do was very dim witted. He fell into the schemes of Nanncy without so much as a blink." *The Prince says* "An arrow sometimes isnt good enough. A weak vampire maybe."
[22:18]<+Llanth> "Something tells me that he would be warded against that."
[22:18]<Bynw> *Warden, standing next to Nym* "Here is your net" *he holds a bundle in his arms*
[22:22]<Bynw> *Prince* "Ezikael has amazing powers of persuasion. He is able to move without making a sound and in the blink of an eye. He will be stronger, faster and very hard to injure."
[22:25]<+Master_Nym> ::Starts at the sudden presence next to him. In a flash he turns on Warden, eyes wide in alarm::
[22:26]<+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[22:26]<+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets (-)( )( )(-)(-)(-) Poor
[22:30]<+Master_Nym> ::Quick as the strike of a snake his Star Sword blazes to life in hi right hand. His left extends towards Warden palm outward. Warden just as suddenly flies through the air, his back slams into a nearby tree on the edge of the clearing::
[22:32]<Bynw> *warden is on his feet almost as soon as he hits tree ... his eyes an inhuman yellow color for just an instant before they look brown again*
[22:33]<Bynw> *the prince* "The ability to move quickly and silently is his greatest weapon as a predator. if he is hunting in a pack ... you might get one."
[22:34]<+Master_Nym> ::For a moment he stands ready to strike and then just as suddenly sheaths his Star Sword. His body relaxes and he ignores the Prince and bows to Warden:: "Please excuse me. I appologize Warden. You startled me....I did not mean to harm you..."
[22:35]<Bynw> *prince* "your own fear will cause you to react ... poorly. and he may amplify that fear in you."
[22:35]<Bynw> *Warden nods to Nym* "I am unharmed."
[22:36]<+Master_Nym> ::Bows again, genuinely ashamed of his behaviour::
[22:38]<+Master_Nym> ::Sighs and returns his attention to the Prince:: "As you say."
[22:38]<+Daine> "Sunlight kills your kind as well?"
[22:39]<Bynw> *Warden picks up the bundle and hands it Nym*
[22:39]<Bynw> *Prince* "Yes it does. But age, power and magic again may protect us from it."
[22:40]<+Master_Nym> ::Takes the bundle from Warden gently, giving him another nod::
[22:40]<+Daine> "Then what will kill him?"
[22:41]<Bynw> "You take away his magic ... you starve him and his power will eventually wain ... and then another vampire will kill him."
[22:43]<+Daine> "And if I carve out his heart or cut his head from his shoulders?"
[22:43]<Bynw> "He wont be moving."
[22:44]<+Daine> "How would he ward himself from fire? A ring? Amulet?"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member