[19:46]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:46]<Bynw> | It has taken 21 days to imbue the brick
[19:46]<Bynw> | for the Matrix before Nym declairs it
[19:46]<Bynw> | to be complete at the end of the final
[19:46]<Bynw> | day of the ritual.
[19:46]<Bynw> |
[19:46]<Bynw> | The empowerment took a little bit of
[19:46]<Bynw> | from everyone that took part in the
[19:46]<Bynw> | ritual. A slight drain to your soul.
[19:46]<Bynw> |
[19:46]<Bynw> | When Looking at both bricks it is
[19:46]<Bynw> | impossible to tell which was the one
[19:46]<Bynw> | taken from the Southern Matrix and
[19:46]<Bynw> | which one was made just a month ago.
[19:46]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:46]<Bynw> |        14th of Juni 464 NE
[19:46]<Bynw> |         Game Time: Sunset
[19:46]<Bynw> |    Location: Tri-Sun Courtyard
[19:46]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:48]<Regan> "So, that's it then? Only 21 days? I'm glad we weren't building a house."
[19:49]<Llanth> "It could be my friend that we did build a house, with a single brick."
[19:49]* Regan looks at Llanth. "Okay then."
[19:50]<Bynw> *Tara* "So when do we go back to the Matrix Master?"
[19:50]<Llanth> "With this brick, our house will be very powerful. A situation we should watch very carefully."
[19:53]* Regan nods
[19:53]<Master_Nym> ::To Llanth:: "Imagine what it must have taken to empower an entire matrix."
[19:54]<Bynw> *Tara* "There are hundreds of bricks there"
[19:54]<Master_Nym> ::To Tara:: "I think dawn would be the perfect time, don't you? In honor of our house and symbolic of a new beginning."
[19:56]<Bynw> *she nods*
[19:56]* Taenor nods to the master after he wanders out of the students' quarters and wipes sweat from his forhead, moreso than usual. "While this brick is of note, everyone, I have discovered something. Something rather...significant, if you will. And from our own library. Daine, come here. I need you for this."
[19:58]<Daine> ::grumbles in Valmari:: "I should have lit your pants on fire when I discovered my powers....or frozen your hair off! I hate when you do this."
[19:58]<Taenor> ::Same tongue:: "And you love me just the same, brother."
[19:59]* Regan chuckles to himself, careful to not be overheard "Nice couple."
[20:00]<Taenor> "Master, this may not surprise you, but it will the rest, I'm sure. Watch, with all your senses."
[20:00]* Regan closes his eyes
[20:01]<Daine> ::comes to stand in arms reach of Taenor::
[20:01]<Master_Nym> ::Folds his arms across his chest and watches closely::
[20:05]* Regan reopens his eyes, now centered
[20:05]* DesertRose (~azdesertros@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator) has joined #teara-adan
[20:05]* DesertRose is now known as Risira
[20:05]* Taenor touches his brother on the shoulder, and breathes.
[20:05]* Bynw gives voice to Risira
[20:06]<Taenor> roll 4df
[20:06]<BoxCars> Taenor rolls 4df and gets (+)(+)(-)( ) Good
[20:06]<Bynw> *Daine's shields are gone*
[20:07]<Daine> ::Gasps::
[20:07]* Regan 's eyes bulge
[20:08]<Taenor> "Just a moment longer, brother. I promise. Let them examine you."
[20:08]<Master_Nym> ::Nods::
[20:08]* Taenor pulls out the book.
[20:08]<Master_Nym> "I have heard of the healers of old performing such feats Taenor."
[20:08]<Taenor> "I found this in the library, master."
[20:09]<Master_Nym> "Can you also give powers to those that would not otherwise have them?"
[20:09]<Taenor> "It mentions it, obscurely."
[20:09]<Bynw> *Tara smiles* "You are a blocker Taenor ... my father is as well. He tells me some Anadari Healers with the blocking gift have some special talents"
[20:10]<Master_Nym> "Powerful indeed."
[20:10]<Taenor> "I'm......not sure. It's possible, maybe. I haven't gone through this Healer's text more than a dozen times so far."
[20:10]<Daine> "Yeah, yeah. Good for you. Now reverse it!"
[20:11]<Daine> ::Looks at Taenor, his eyes showing a very moment of fear::
[20:11]<Daine> ((*Vary Rare))
[20:12]<Regan> "Bloody hell. How?"
[20:12]<Taenor> roll 4df for blocking reversal
[20:12]<BoxCars> Taenor rolls 4df for blocking reversal and gets (-)(-)(+)(+) Fair
[20:13]* Taenor wipes the swear back off and squeezes his brother's shoulder, imparting a mental thanks.
[20:13]<Master_Nym> "Healers are rare and powerful Regan. They can manifest powers that even I cannot duplicate. At least not to my knowledge."
[20:15]<Daine> ::Gasps again, this time with an audible crack seeming to come from nowhere. For a moment, a dark purple nimbus surrounds him as his shields flare back to life at full strength::
[20:16]* shyanntech (Mibbit@53D63E.41D1A3.19483E.FEF793) has joined #teara-adan
[20:16]<Daine> ::Huffs:: "That is the last time brother. No more. You don't know...how that feels."
[20:18]* Taenor nods.
[20:18]<Master_Nym> "I am glad to see some of you are starting to come into your own powers. The time has come that some of you should face your final trials."
[20:20]<Master_Nym> "First, you must construct your Star Swords."
[20:20]* Regan looks to Tara
[20:23]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to the setting sun:: "Be back here before dawn. We will travel to the Matrix then and place the bricks."
[20:26]<Llanth> "Master Nym, how shall we begin constructing our Star Swords?"
[20:28]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Llanth:: "Good question student..."
[20:30]<Master_Nym> "You must start by first making the physical shell, be it a sword or otherwise. I inherited my first Star Sword much like Regan. You maybe forced to have it constructed; I can help with this...."
[20:30]<Bynw> *Tara looks to Regan in silent question*
[20:31]<Master_Nym> "Once it is constructed you must empower it yourself. It is traditionally part of your tests to become a full knight."
[20:32]<Master_Nym> "One of the books we gained tells how to make weapons of almost pure energy. This will make the process of making the physical shell easier for some of you."
[20:33]<Master_Nym> "Empowering them is wholly up to you."
[20:34]<Master_Nym> "Again the book can help you learn the proper skills or I can. Your choice."
[20:35]<Master_Nym> "Star Swords are an extension of the Anadari that makes and wields them. You must all choose what form yours will be."
[20:38]<Master_Nym> "Anadari rarely construct Star Swords and it is a very personal experience, so the more of a hand you have in constructing yours the better. But only the empowering must be done by you...and only you."
[20:40]<Llanth> "With what powers can one empower a Star Sword?"
[20:41]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Another good question Llanth...."
[20:41]<Llanth> "I do seem to be full of good questions this evening."
[20:42]* Regan looks away from Tara briefly and looks at Llanth "Refreshing."
[20:43]* Regan smiles
[20:46]<Bynw> *Michon* "Which ever powers you possess"
[20:47]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Llanth:: "Any power you possess can be empowered by you. Anadari have been known to use magic to augment the store of powers their Star Sword possesses as well. I will not forbid this. I do however forbid you to allow anyone else to empower their psionic powers into your Star Sword. It is for you to empower your weapons alone. Star Swords are an Anadari's most personal possessions, treat them and their empowering with the res
[20:48]<Llanth> "Only psionic powers?"
[20:49]* Regan addresses Michon:: "That we possess? Or that we know how to use?"
[20:49]<Master_Nym> "Keep in mind though students, Star Swords are just tools and for defense at that. They are no substitute for your minds."
[20:50]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Llanth:: "I do not dabble in magic myself Llanth, so I can not truthfully tell you if it is possible to use psionics to empower magic powers. It seems unlikely to me, but anything is possible."
[20:51]<Master_Nym> (( from above: Star Swords are an Anadari's most personal possessions, treat them and their empowering with the respect due."))
[20:53]<Master_Nym> "Since you do seem drawn to that path I will allow you to use any magics you can perform to augment your Star Sword. But only the magics you know and can cast."
[20:54]<Master_Nym> "You must still prove that you can use your mental skills to empower your Star Sword though."
[20:55]<Master_Nym> "Failure to do this properly is failure to become an Anadari Knight. Am I clear?" ::looks to each student in turn, his face stoic.::
[20:56]* Taenor nods
[20:57]* Regan nods
[20:58]<Llanth> "I see."
[21:02]<Master_Nym> "Good. I have faith that each of you will accomplish this task. You are all good students and have made me proud."
[21:02]* Regan smiles
[21:03]<Master_Nym> "Let's get some rest. Meet here in the courtyard before dawn. We will make history with the new day if all goes to plan."
[21:04]<Bynw> *the apprentices engage in a number of activities before the dawn ... including some needed sleep. they return to the courtyard just before dawn*
[21:05]<Daine> ::yawns. As usual he is dressing as he walks towards the center of the courtyard::
[21:05]<Master_Nym> ::Is waiting at the center. Iamar stands next to him::
[21:06]* Regan walks out of the fortress into the courtyard, just finishing a small sandwich for breakfast.
[21:07]<Daine> ::Checks his pistols load one final time and waits silently near Nym::
[21:07]* Regan looks at Iomar and smiles, then feels a pang of sadness for not being with Raider
[21:07]<Regan> *Iamar
[21:09]<Daine> ::In Valmari:: "Must we wait all day for Taenor to wake?"
[21:10]<Bynw> *the rest the apprentices gather with Michon overlooking their arrival*
[21:10]* Taenor wanders out, stretching, and tosses a Banana to Daine.
[21:11]<Taenor> ::Valmri:: "I Figure you wouldn't eat."
[21:11]* Regan checks to make sure the multitude of throwing knives are in place then gives his staff a once-over and finally checks his bow and quiver. "That should do it."
[21:15]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Risira::
[21:16]* Taenor straps his long blade over his shoulder, checks his satchel, and secures his knives.
[21:17]<Master_Nym> ::sighs:: "This, I hope, will be a historic day for House Horizon. You have been our guest for over a month and you are welcome to stay. I am happy to have your company..."
[21:17]* shyanntech has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[21:18]<Master_Nym> "We haven't heard from the kings men and I think it is time for me to ask if you would like to join our house. But before you answer..."
[21:21]<Master_Nym> "Know this. I am the Master of House Horizon and also Earl of Tennes of the kingdom of Adan. Baron de Kes of the republic of Florin, Anadari Watchman Itinerant of the Empire, and Member of the Council of Masters in Polaris. Vowing to join House Horizon does not mean that you must renounce your ties to your lord and king..."
[21:23]<Master_Nym> "It is just an extension of your honor. But know this also, you must have the utmost commitment to becoming an Anadari of House Horizon or you will fall. Only an absolute commitment will carry you through and even then it is a hard life."
[21:26]<Master_Nym> "I will not force you to make a choice now....but today is a good day to choose I think. You are welcome with us either way, but you understand that in some cases only full members of House Horizon may know all and participate fully." ::smiles warmly at Risira::
[21:30]* Risira nods and bows her head.
[21:30]<Risira> "I am honored that you would ask me to join your house.  I have, as a guest of this house, learned much, and I believe I can learn more by joining you.  I am sure that I am nowhere near ready to make my own Star Sword, but if you would have me as an apprentice, I would be proud to accept the honor.
[21:31]<Risira> "
[21:33]<Daine> ::Slaps Risira on the back a bit gruffly, but overly so:: "Welcome aboard Risira. Now you can teach Taenor manners. I've tried, but it never stuck."
[21:34]* Taenor leers a little more than usual, but tries to hide it in a bow to Risira.
[21:34]* Risira sways a bit from the force of Daine's friendly blow but giggles at the remark about Taenor. "He is...enthusiastic."
[21:36]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Risira and bows deeply:: "I am the one honored Risira. Honored that you have chosen to join our House. We will initiate you on our return from the Matrix. Until then you are of House Horizon by honor. Watch and continue to learn. I can now answer any questions you may have. Our House is open to you. Tara will help you get permanently settled when we return."
[21:37]* Risira smiles first at Master Nym, then Tara.
[21:38]<Daine> ::Grins at Taenor in his half grin, half snarl way::
[21:38]<Risira> "I found some Healing texts in your library, Master Nym; I would like to study them further.  I don't know how Taenor did what he did to Daine, but I'm curious to try myself, to see if I can do it as well.  It could be useful in Healing someone whose powers are out of control."
[21:39]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "We are ready. Let's go. Dennis and Llanth come with me. The rest of you can travel with Tara."
[21:39]<Llanth> "Aye."
[21:39]* Regan nods
[21:40]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Risira:: "Good. Your Studying will start when we return. It is custom for you to learn some more mundane skills as well. You will have your plate full I assure you Student."
[21:41]<Bynw> *Tara* "Good thing I am ready for this ... " *she begins an incantation that opens up a swirling vortex that when looking through it one can see the outer chamber and the matrix doors beyond it
[21:41]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles Warmly at Tara:: "I never doubted."
[21:42]<Master_Nym> ::Iamar takes off at a gallop and in a flash of light is gone. After a short ride through the either she appears in the Matrix outer chamber, again in a flash of light::
[21:43]<Daine> ::Steps through the vortex, pistol drawn::
[21:43]<Bynw> *the others step through the vortex created by Tara and meet Nym in the outer chamber
[21:44]<Master_Nym> ::dismounts. He turns his attention to Regan:: "Regan."
[21:44]<Regan> "Yes, master?"
[21:45]<Master_Nym> ::sighs:: "You have a choice."
[21:45]* Regan takes off the medallion and hands it out to Nym.
[21:46]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles:: "I am proud."
[21:49]<Master_Nym> ::Eyes Regan:: "I will have to keep this in my possession for sometime now. The powers of the Matrix are not something to be triffled with by anyone but a Master Anadari. This Amulet is now of House Horizon, of which you are part of, but the master of the house should be the one to hold it. It is tied to your blood though and I acknowledge that as well. Are we agreed?" ::continues to hold out the medallion, palm open and towards Regan::
[21:54]<Regan> "Agreed, I believe you are the one it may have been meant for, I just being the messenger. I have thought long and hard on this, and I give it freely until such time as it can be returned to me, if it is your wish to do so."
[21:54]<Regan> "And only if you wish to do so." ::Puts it in Nym's hand with a smile::
[21:56]<Master_Nym> ::Nods and smiles taking the medallion:: "Regan you have made me proud today and earned much trust from me. Thank you.  I will try to make sure you do not regret your choice."
[21:56]<Master_Nym> ::Closes his eyes, his breathing slows::
[21:57]* Regan gives Nym a declinative nod of respect.
[21:58]<Master_Nym> roll 7df+
[21:58]<BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 7df+ and gets (-)( )(+)(+)(-)(+)( ) Superb
[21:59]<Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[21:59]<BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets ( )(-)(-)( )(-)( ) Mediocre
[22:00]<Master_Nym> ::A dark green sphere grows out of Nym, growing in the blink of an eye to encompass the interior of the outer chamber::
[22:01]<Master_Nym> "I've warded the chamber to keep any surprises away while we are inside."
[22:01]<Master_Nym> ::Strides to the doors and places the medallion in the center to open them::
[22:02]* Regan readies his bow and draws an arrow in case someone is inside
[22:02]<Daine> ::Keeps his pistol roving watching for any enemies::
[22:04]<Daine> ::Moves into the chamber::
[22:04]<Master_Nym> ::Strides to the two places the bricks are missing in the mosaic and removes the two he has from his satchel::
[22:05]* Regan covers Daine, sighting his bow forward over Daine's shoulder
[22:06]<Daine> ::Waits until everyone is inside and closes the doors behind them::
[22:08]<Master_Nym> ::Judging that it is about dawn outside he crouches over the two holes and first drops in the original brick back to it''s original place, then a moment later drops the newly empowered brick into it's place::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member