Episode 45

Started by Bynw, 16 October 2008, 00:21:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:45]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:45]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 45
[19:45]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:45]<Bynw> | The scrollcase did not contain a scroll.
[19:45]<Bynw> | Instead it held an ancient Anadari
[19:45]<Bynw> | Star Sword. Built to resemble a hilt of
[19:45]<Bynw> | a sword but nothing more. The blade,
[19:45]<Bynw> | as legends state, is made of pure
[19:45]<Bynw> | psychic energies.
[19:45]<Bynw> |
[19:45]<Bynw> | Master Nym has identified this particular
[19:45]<Bynw> | blade belonged to none other than
[19:45]<Bynw> | Grand Master Horok Bindar. The one who
[19:45]<Bynw> | first discovered how to create this kind
[19:45]<Bynw> | of Star Word and the first to fall from
[19:45]<Bynw> | the Light.
[19:45]<Bynw> |
[19:45]<Bynw> | They Anadari are back in the Library
[19:45]<Bynw> | and our preparing to bring the matrix
[19:45]<Bynw> | brick to life.
[19:45]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:45]<Bynw> |         23rd of May 464 NE
[19:45]<Bynw> |       Game Time: late evening
[19:45]<Bynw> |  Location: Ethan's Private Study
[19:45]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:50]* Regan looks at Daine and says: "Can I sit in with you on studying that text?"
[19:51]<Bynw> *Michon* "Master if that his Horok Bindar's sword. It should be kept someplace safe until there is time to study it."
[19:52]<Llanth> "We could still destroy it."
[19:52]* RainbowDragon (rainbow@level3.otherworlders.org) has left #teara-adan
[19:52]* Regan just shakes his head
[19:59]<Daine> ::To Regan, he nods his head but looks a bit surprised:: "Do you plan on making a sword?"
[19:59]<Regan> "I do."
[19:59]<Regan> "Sort of."
[19:59]<Daine> "Have you ever worked a forge?"
[20:00]<Regan> "Yes, unfortunately."
[20:01]<Daine> ::Raises an eyebrow:: "I see. You do realize a Star Sword is a master work weaponj?"
[20:01]<Bynw> *Michon* "It takes skill to make a sword. It takes greater skill to make that sword a Star Sword."
[20:03]<Master_Nym> ::Still looks a bit shocked as he holds the rod.:: "Where would you suggest we keep it?"
[20:04]<Regan> "Yes, though I believe a forge will not be nessesary for my Star Sword." ::turns to michon:: "I understand that, but I won't be converting a sword." ::Then turns to Nym:: "Back at the study?"
[20:04]<Daine> ::To Regan:: "Perhaps you should leave making the weapon itself to me? I have been studying to forge weapons."
[20:06]<Master_Nym> ::To Regan:: "Only you would be able to access it then."
[20:06]<Bynw> *Tara* "Put it back in the scroll case. And I could take it home."
[20:06]<Master_Nym> "Home?"
[20:07]<Regan> ::To Nym:: "I can bring you through at any time, master."
[20:07]<Llanth> "Daine, I believe that Regan is skilled with the construction of bows."
[20:08]<Bynw> *Tara looks at Nym* "My home, home. Store it with the rest of my material goods."
[20:08]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan, his face stoic but his eyes alert and focused:: "And if you die?"
[20:09]* Regan shrugs. "All the more reason for me to live." ::smiles in a friendly manner::
[20:09]<Regan> "It has been safe there for eons, why push our luck?"
[20:11]<Master_Nym> ::his eyebrows knit and he stares at Regan:: "Student...your penchant for collecting and possessing items concerns me."
[20:12]<Regan> "It's not that Master, and I can prove it."
[20:12]<Daine> "Why not keep it  in the recesses of the tri-sun fortress?"
[20:12]<Daine> "It seems the Akasha has made us it's keepers."
[20:13]<Regan> ::Turns to Daine:: "Exactly."
[20:15]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Regan:: "Your bow, your horse, the medallion, and other items. You take the loss of any of your possessions quite hard and are quick to try to lay claim to others."
[20:16]<Master_Nym> "Meditate on this. The sword will not go back to the study. End of discussion."
[20:17]<Llanth> "Master Nym, It may be that despite the comfort we give him, which at times is little to none, Regan is still seeking to compensate for all he has lost."
[20:17]<Daine> ::Looks a bit surprised, but simply steps away::
[20:18]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Llanth:: "Yes it is possible, and that concerns me."
[20:19]<Regan> ::Turns back to Nym:: "The only thing master that I have a penchant for collecting and possesing, as you say, are the items that were given into my care from when I was a mere child. My horse is not only my mount but also my freind, such as your tricorn. I have not laid claim to anything else that I do not considered being mine already. I have freely, though I do agree somewhat reluctantly, given the medallion over." ::blinks at Nym's statem
[20:19]<Regan> ent about the sword:: "Fine with me."
[20:21]* Regan turns to Llanth "It is not compensation that I seek."
[20:22]<Regan> "There is nothing that can compensate for losing your best friend, your whole village, your mother, your father and your sister."
[20:24]<Llanth> "Perhaps I misstated my intended statement. You cling to what you do have more strongly than might be appropriate."
[20:24]<Regan> ::Points to everyone slowly:: "You are all the family I have left, and I intend to keep you alive and keep you as family until we grow old." said in a stern voice::
[20:24]<Bynw> *Tara smiles*
[20:25]<Master_Nym> ::Simply stares at Regan for a moment, before he continues:: "I never said any of the items you've become attached to are anything but yours. It is odd that you assume that is what I meant. It concerns me that you see so many of mine and others comments as an attempt to take something from you. Items are just items how ever you come by them and I'm afraid your horse is not compairable to Iamar in the very same way that your horse is not
[20:26]<Regan> "That, master, is your opinion. Raider is very much comparable in value to ME!"
[20:26]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Exactly my point."
[20:27]<Regan> "I value friendship, honor and family more than you know or suspect. I'm the new one here, but you will come to know what I am, and I will not gloat when you realize it."
[20:28]<Bynw> *Michon* "What are we to do with that weapon Master? It's like has not been seen in centuries. It can greatly benefit the Order and our House to be able to reproduce them once more."
[20:28]<Master_Nym> ((not compairable to you. It concerns me how strongly you become attached to these items." <continued from above>))
[20:31]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Regan:: "I see and what would that be Regan?"
[20:33]* Regan scratches his head. "It concerns me that you think I should not value these things." ::thinks for a moment on Nym's question:: "That I am honorable and that I will give my life for my friends. You are all my friends, whether you like it or not."::Looks at Daine pointedly::
[20:34]<Daine> ::ignores Regan's implied comment with a sneer::
[20:37]<Regan> ::Shakes his head sadly at Daine's reaction:: "Though, I will state this: I am finished with trying to prove my worth and my intentions. I'm sick of the distrust. You can continue this until you're blue in the face for all I care. Nevertheless, I will be there when you doubt. I will be there when you stumble. And I will be there when you think all is lost. Period.""
[20:38]* db144 (~opera@OWIRCN-47125810.east.verizon.net) has left #teara-adan
[20:38]<Master_Nym> ::Shakes his hand negatively:: "People are not items. We are not items. Though your horse I'm sure has been a very good pet and companion to you it cannot easily follow you. Your horses life and happiness might be better served by you if you gave it up. Life for it here in the desert would be very hard. Continuing to provide you with transport, now that your are an Anadari, would be even harder on it. You disagree?"
[20:41]<Daine> ::Shakes his head::
[20:41]<Regan> :: Hesitates, then answers :: "Raider is no ordinary mount. Also, he accompanies me freely. He can come and go from my life as he pleases. He knows that. But, abandoning him as I have is not the mark of a friend, do you agree?"
[20:42]<Bynw> *Tara* "Give him to a friend"
[20:43]<Regan> :Looks at Tara as if she just lost her mind:: "And which friend would that be? You are all I have left!"
[20:44]<Master_Nym> ::Sighs and nods at Tara's comment:: "All I ask is that you think on what I've said without immediately dismissing it as an  Attack on your character Student. I am here to try to teach you the ways of the Anadari, that is what I am trying to pass on. I did not mean to attack your character." ::Bows to Regan::
[20:45]* Regan bows silently in return
[20:45]<Daine> ::Huffs::
[20:46]<Master_Nym> ::Shoots Daine a look of disapproval::
[20:46]<Master_Nym> "Back to the Star Sword."
[20:47]<Master_Nym> "We will keep it in the Tri-sun fortress for now. I think the time is coming soon when you students will need to make your own Star Swords. This weapon should be easily avaliable for all of us to study and learn from."
[20:48]<Llanth> "And what of the taint of evil on this weapon? Would it not corrupt any attempt to replicate it's construction?"
[20:49]<Master_Nym> "It isn't required that you all make your weapons from scratch, but it is tradition that each of you imbue your own Star Swords."
[20:50]<Master_Nym> ::To Llanth:: "Good question. I do not think so. A Star Sword takes on the characteristics of it's owner. The taint is just the mark left on it, it is not built into it's very construction."
[20:51]<Master_Nym> "The book we recovered from the library will stay with the sword as well. For all of us to study." ::pointedly looks at Daine::
[20:52]<Daine> ::Nods to Nym::
[20:52]* jlcsusara_pidgin (~Jonas@A6D346.387974.58F85A.690669) has joined #teara-adan
[20:53]* shyanntech (Mibbit@53D63E.41D1A3.19483E.FEF793) has joined #teara-adan
[20:53]* Bynw sets mode +m #teara-adan
[20:53]<Master_Nym> "I will make arangements to have any weapons we need constructed. You will all need to imbue them for yourselves."
[20:55]<Master_Nym> "But for now we should prepare for imbuing the Matrix brick. Meet me in the courtyard before dawn. Take the time to read, meditate, or whatever you desire before then."
[20:56]<Daine> "Regan, Taenor, to the common room with the book and sword?"
[20:58]<Regan> "Master, a moment if you would. " ::Walks away from the others:: "I'll join you presently Daine."
[20:59]<Daine> ::Nods and walks away with Taenor::
[20:59]<Bynw> *Michon* "We shall all do so" *he says to Daine*
[20:59]<Master_Nym> ::nods to Regan:: "Yes Regan."
[21:00]* Regan takes Nym's wrist lightly and closes his eyes.
[21:00]<Daine> ::Turns to Michon:: "Sorry Master Michon I didn't mean to...by all means please join us."
[21:00]<Bynw> *Michon, Taenor, Risira and Dennis follow Daine to study the book. Tara quietly stays behind*
[21:01]<Master_Nym> ::Raises and eyebrow at Regan, but doesn't object::
[21:02]* Regan opens his eyes, winks and then joins the others.
[21:03]<Bynw> *Tara stops Regan out of sight from the others*
[21:03]<Regan> "Yes M'lady?"
[21:05]<Bynw> *Tara* "Two things for you. A friend is already looking after your horse. Don't dwell on him. He is safe and will remain so. And the 2nd thing is this ..."
[21:05]* Regan blinks"2nd?"
[21:05]<Master_Nym> ::Walks off into the courtyard::
[21:06]<Bynw> " .. I know it is hard to be an orphan. Remember your parents and cherish the moments you had with them. I never knew mine." *she says and then walks off to join the others*
[21:06]<Daine> ::In the common room:: "You intend to make a bow for your Star Sword, Llanth?"
[21:07]<Llanth> "No, I don't think so."
[21:07]* Regan walks in on Daine's question. "Sorry, don't mind me."
[21:10]* Regan looks to Tara and smiles. He then mouths the words "Thank you."
[21:11]<Bynw> *as the young Anadari study the book, Michon does place the Star Sword back into the scrollcase for safe keeping.
[21:13]<Master_Nym> "I'm curious. What does everyone intend to make as their Star Sword?"
[21:14]<Llanth> "What is there for options?
[21:14]<Daine> (that was supposed to be daine, oops))
[21:14]<Daine> ::Looking quickly at this book it seems almost unlimited."
[21:15]<Bynw> *Tara* "From the stories that I've heard. The most common are bladed weapons. Swords, daggers, axes even."
[21:15]<Daine> "Though nothing on pistols that I've seen yet."
[21:15]<Llanth> "Blunt weapons?"
[21:15]<Bynw> *Michon* "Legends hold that it could be anything"
[21:16]<Bynw> *Tara* "I have seen staffs, whips and even a bow."
[21:16]* Regan remains silent, as if coming to a decision
[21:16]* Regan raises an eyebrow
[21:16]<Daine> "Sticking to your toothpi....staff Regan?"
[21:17]* Regan looks at his staff, then smiles. "Yes, my toothpick, brother. "
[21:18]<Bynw> *Tara looking at the staff* "That one already appears to be enchanted brother. You will need a mage to assist you with it."
[21:18]<Daine> ::Huffs:: "To each his own. I will craft a sword. I will even craft the sword itself on my own."
[21:19]<Daine> "Maybe you should just keep it."
[21:19]<Bynw> *Dennis* "So you are a blacksmith?"
[21:19]* Regan head whips around at Tara's comment and stares at her intently.
[21:20]<Daine> ::To Dennis:: "I can barely recall that my father by blood was a master blacksmith. With my ability to heat and cool things I think I will try to follow in his foot steps. It...it would be good to have something that I did not learn from my former Master."
[21:24]* Regan takes Tara's hand and politely pulls a chair out for her to use. "M'lady."
[21:25]<Bynw> *she takes a seat* "Thank you kind sir"
[21:25]<Daine> ::Flipping through the boook:: "It says here that the Star Sword's creator can imbue his or her own powers into the sword as well as making it a Star Sword."
[21:28]* Regan smile at Tara again as he takes his seat next to her
[21:32]<Bynw> *Tara* "You know I've never thought of what I would want myself. I should give it some thought."
[21:33]<Bynw> *Dennis* "I will be traditional and make a star sword of my own. For now though I do have my fathers."
[21:35]<Master_Nym> "I would be honored to craft a weapon for anyone of House Horizon for them to imbue, if any of you require."
[21:36]<Daine> ((oops that was supposed to be Daine again))
[21:36]<Daine> ((sorry))
[21:38]<Regan> "My staff then..." Then looks surprised at himself. "No, maybe not since Tara has already pointed out that I may require a mage, but I thank you for the offer, Daine." ::Slightly bows his head to him::
[21:39]<Daine> ::Bows his head back::
[21:40]<Daine> "Llanth, what do you plan on making?"
[21:41]<Daine> "Don't tell me your plan is to make a stick as well."
[21:41]<Bynw> *dawn is just below the desert horizon as the young anadari continue their discoveries
[21:42]<Master_Nym> ::A mental call comes to each of the studnts at once:: "It is near the time to start. Come to the courtyard."
[21:43]<Llanth> "Something large, heavy, unwieldy."
[21:44]<Master_Nym> ::Stops for a moment, then rises from his chair:: "Insanity."
[21:44]<Master_Nym> ::Moves out of the room and to the courtyard::
[21:44]* Regan gets up from his chair and before he goes to the courtyard says to Tara "You are intriging to say the least."
[21:45]<Daine> ((and that last was supposed to be Daine as well. I'm batting 1000))
[21:47]<Bynw> *the apprentices arrive in the courtyard
[21:49]<Master_Nym> ::For those that enter the courtyard they will see Nym sitting near the center of an intricate design of glass in the center of the courtyard simular to the one that he made when he initiated Regan into House Horizon. Nym sits in the eastern most part of an circle near the center. At the heart lays the brick on a low dais of glass::
[21:51]* Regan looks around then asks "Is there a specific placement of us you need, master?"
[21:51]<Master_Nym> ::he indicates the circle he sits in:: "Please take a seat. Within arms reach of each other and get comfortable."
[21:53]* Regan nods and takes a seat next to Tara, seemingly by chance.
[21:53]<Master_Nym> ::He places the original Matrix brick in the center as well, next to the un-imbued brick:: "Regan, please place the medallion on top of both of the bricks, but do not step into the center."
[21:54]<Daine> ::Takes a seat at the western point of the circle::
[21:55]* Regan gets back up and removes the medallion from his neck and, by holding it by the chain, places it on top of the bricks, carefull not to step within the circle, then sits back down
[21:58]<Bynw> *Michon takes his seat within the outer circle*
[21:59]<Master_Nym> "Today all of us will be apart of the imbuing, but here after it will be myself and three other members of House Horizon. You will take the other points of the compass, South, West, and North. We will rotate the other members so you may all continue your studies."
[22:01]<Master_Nym> "Eight hours a day starting at dawn we will be imbuing the brick. For several weeks. I'm not entirely sure how many."
[22:02]<Master_Nym> "We will work under a ward we all construct, much like a duel arcane's ward."
[22:03]<Master_Nym> "link hands and open your minds. We should be one mind as we begin this."
[22:04]<Daine> ::links hands with the others next to him::
[22:04]* Regan closes his eyes, concentrates as he takes the hands to either side.
[22:05]<Master_Nym> "I will guide the energies, all of us will provide the energy for this. Link  your minds."
[22:05]<Master_Nym> ::begins the ritual::
[22:06]<Bynw> (( end sesion ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member