[19:43]<Bynw> | the Anadari.
[19:43]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:43]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:43]<Bynw> |         23rd of May 464 NE
[19:43]<Bynw> |       Game Time: late evening
[19:43]<Bynw> |  Location: Ethan's Private Study
[19:43]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:43]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:44]* shyanntech has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[19:44]* Regan closes his eyes as if listening to himself.
[19:45]* Regan opens his eyes and slowly nods
[19:46]<Regan> "Master, we should not destroy it. I believe, no....I know we need it."
[19:46]* shyanntech (Mibbit@53D63E.41D1A3.19483E.FEF793) has joined #teara-adan
[19:47]<Llanth> "What for?"
[19:47]* Regan point to the scrollcase
[19:47]<Llanth> "Only evil can come of that."
[19:48]* Regan turns to Llanth:: "I know not why. I just....know." ::shrugs::
[19:48]<Llanth> "At what cost do we save this?"
[19:48]<Regan> "Again, I do not know."
[19:49]* Regan looks at Taenor's sachel and points to it. "We will share that knowledge, my brother."
[19:50]<Llanth> "
[19:50]<Daine> ::Searches the closet for anything else::
[19:50]<Llanth> "I fear that there is some knowledge that is not worth the cost."
[19:51]<Master_Nym> ::Holds the scroll as if it where a rattle snake::
[19:51]<Master_Nym> ::Looks thoughtfully at the others, then at the scroll::
[19:51]<Taenor> "If you can bring the scroll here, I will carry it back in my satchel. But I will not enter that room." *stands outside the 3 by 3 room*
[19:52]<Bynw> *Tara* "Knowledge brings understanding"
[19:52]<Regan> "It might be dangerous, even completely evil, but, like I said, we need it."
[19:53]<Llanth> "You desire to know the heart of evil? What if you found it was no different than your own?"
[19:54]<Daine> ::Gives Llanth a knowing half-smile and makes that odd gesture of respect towards him as he holsters his revolver::
[19:54]* Regan rolls his eyes. "I will not banter with you my friend. I have stated what I know."
[19:54]<Daine> "Llanth, I like you more and more."
[19:56]<Bynw> *the scrollcase has various symbols scrawled across its surface
[19:57]* Regan looks about the room and at more scrolls and books, not wanting to get into another philosophy debate with the elf.
[19:57]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to himself as he comes to a decision:: "A vote then."
[19:58]<Regan> "No, no vote. I know that disaster or something similar will occur if we destroy it."
[19:59]<Regan> "This I know. This will be."
[19:59]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Regan::
[20:00]<Llanth> "And to what can you attribute the knowledge?"
[20:01]* Regan looks at Llanth and tilts his head. "You are not listening. I only know, not know why."
[20:01]<Regan> "If I knew why, then I would tell."
[20:04]<Llanth> "Argh! You and these mysteries! I know that thing to be evil. *points to the scroll* This I know to be fact, it is not only evil, it flaunts it's evil. And you tell us that we should not destroy it?! To hell with this."
[20:04]* Llanth throws his hand up in the air.
[20:04]<Llanth> "Do what you will with it, I will have nothing to do with it."
[20:04]* Regan just shakes his head
[20:05]<Master_Nym> ::Continues to eye Regan, his piercing blue eyed gaze somehow predator like::
[20:05]* Regan looks at Nym straight in the eye. "I know."
[20:09]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "That is not your choice to make alone student. What is it you would do with the scroll?"
[20:10]<Regan> "I don't know what to do with it. All I know is that it should not, must not be destroyed."
[20:11]<Regan> "If you destroy it, I want to be on the next continent."
[20:12]<Regan> "Or even further, if possible."
[20:13]<Master_Nym> "I see."
[20:13]* Regan looks at Tara. "Do you feel it too, or is it only me? If it's only myself, then you have to trust me Master."
[20:14]* DR_away is now known as Risira
[20:14]<Daine> "Ha!"
[20:14]<Daine> "Trust you call for. YOU! You call on us for trust."
[20:14]* Regan turns to Daine. "I'm sorry, was I speaking to you, Lunkhead?"
[20:14]<Daine> "You who shows the least trust call on us for faith?"
[20:15]<Daine> ::His eyes narrow::
[20:15]<Daine> roll 4df
[20:15]<BoxCars> Daine rolls 4df and gets (-)(+)(+)(+) Great
[20:15]<Bynw> *Tara* "I dont feel anything towards it. I would keep it to see what it is simply because I do not know what it is yet." *she looks at the scrollcase in Nym's hand
[20:16]* Regan sticks his tongue out at Daine playfully and turns back to Nym. "I have said what I know. I have said all that I know."
[20:16]<Daine> ::Rushes Regan, his fists balled::
[20:16]* Regan ducks
[20:17]* Taenor steps in front and next to Daine, sticking out his leg
[20:17]* Llanth steps between Daine and Regan.
[20:18]<Taenor> roll 4df
[20:18]<BoxCars> Taenor rolls 4df and gets (+)(+)(-)(-) Fair
[20:21]<Regan> roll 6df+ for Agility in a duck
[20:21]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 6df+ for Agility in a duck and gets ( )(+)(-)( )(+)( ) Great
[20:21]<Llanth> Roll 5df+
[20:21]<BoxCars> Llanth rolls 5df+ and gets (+)( )( )(+)(-) Great
[20:26]<Daine> ::Easily leaps over Taenor's leg, scoffing at the attempt. His body coiled to deliver a leaping attack on Regan, sure to connect despite his dodge; but in mid leap Llanth moves between him and Regan. Much too late to stop he collides with Llanth and both of them sprawl to the floor.::
[20:26]<Daine> "Dammit elf! Out of the way!"
[20:27]<Llanth> "Hold, I may not trust his motives or his judgment, but you only fufill the evil of this scroll by doing this."
[20:27]* Regan flips his staff down to Daine's neck and holds it there. "Play nice, please. I do not want to fight you, brother!"
[20:28]<Daine> "Oh you just don't know when to quit do you!"
[20:28]* Taenor walks up to and kicks Daine gently in the leg.
[20:28]<Taenor> "That's for leaping over my leg."
[20:29]* Regan releases his staff and walks away, back to Daine.
[20:29]<Regan> ((His back to Daine))
[20:31]<Daine> ::arches his back and kicks out performing a Kip-up. Coming to his feet easily, ready to strike again:: "Face me coward or do you intend to have Llanth do all your fighting!?"
[20:32]<Master_Nym> ::Raises his voice:: "Enough Daine!"
[20:32]<Bynw> *Tara* "Llanth ... look at that scrollcase and the writing on it."
[20:32]* Regan sighs and shakes his head slowly looking at a book on the bottom shelf of a bookcase. "I will not fight you, brother."
[20:33]<Llanth> "Bwah!" *jumps backwards*
[20:33]* Regan bends down and takes the book.
[20:33]<Daine> "You arrogant...." ::the speech trails off into a string of colorful and imaginative insults in Valmari::
[20:34]* Taenor has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:34]<Llanth> "I can see it perfectly fine from here, what would like me to look at?"
[20:34]* Regan opens the book, completely forgetting about Daine's tirade
[20:35]<Bynw> *Tara* "Look at writing on it ..."
[20:36]* Llanth looks at the writing.
[20:37]<Daine> ::Stands legs apart, his face red, voice low almost a growl. He address Regan:: "I swear by my Anadari heritage if you ever insult me again you will fight me or no one will stand in the way of me breaking that staff over your head."
[20:38]<Daine> ::Looks to Nym:: "No one."
[20:38]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Daine, but says nothing::
[20:40]* Taenor (~ambush@OWIRCN-41011387.client.mchsi.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:40]* Regan sighs. "If it's that important to your ego, I'll let you win. As I said, I don't want to fight you. I'll probably have to let you win, or else you'll be icking a fight every ten minutes. Whatever you want brother." ::Sighs again::
[20:40]<Regan> (picking*
[20:42]<Daine> ::To Regan:: "If your too cowardly to fight me, then shut your stinking mouth. If you provoke me again I will come for you. Keep your arrogant tongue behind your teeth or be prepared to defend it."
[20:42]<Daine> "Have you no honor?" ::he doesn't wait for an answer but walks to the otherside of the room::
[20:42]<Daine> ::talks to himself in Valmari, heatedly::
[20:43]* Regan stands up and turns around; staff at his side and closes his eyes remaining defenseless. "I'm no coward, and you know it. Honor drives me not to defend myself."
[20:43]* Bynw gives voice to Taenor
[20:43]* Taenor leans closer, wondering what Daine is mumbling.
[20:43]<Regan> "You are my brother, brother. Go ahead."
[20:44]<Llanth> "Your honor, his honor, both worthless if you continue this."
[20:45]<Llanth> "You say honor, but I hear hubris."
[20:45]<Llanth> "You would destroy each other and what honor you might have had."
[20:46]<Regan> "And I will provoke you again, for that is what brothers do. I mean no malice. You must accept or deny what we are. I respect you, and I believe I always will."
[20:47]<Regan> "Now, can we continue with something else?" ::Looks at Nym::
[20:48]<Master_Nym> ::Eyes Regan:: "If you are done provoking him, yes."
[20:49]* Regan shrugs. "I just grow weary of his distrust, that's all."
[20:50]<Master_Nym> ::Looks surprised at Regan:: "Interesting."
[20:50]<Llanth> "Distrust that you do nothing to alleviate."
[20:51]<Llanth> "You are as much at fault as he is, and even I am."
[20:51]<Master_Nym> ::Holds up his hands towards Llanth and Regan::
[20:52]<Bynw> *Tara* "Men just standing around and doing nothing." *takes the scrollcase from Nym while his hands are outstreached to Llanth and Regan*
[20:52]<Master_Nym> "This is a discussion for another time I think. Regan be mindful of your brothers remember they are all the family you have now."
[20:52]* Regan half turns to Llanth then stops. "If that is what is believed, I am sorry. I am only who I am, no more. "
[20:52]* Taenor sidles over next to Tara and opens the flap of his satchel.
[20:53]<Taenor> *whispers* "If you will, madame."
[20:53]* Regan turns back to Nym. "Nt exactly, but you are right master, they are my family."
[20:53]<Regan> *Not*
[20:55]<Master_Nym> ::Glances at Regan, but says nothing:: "it seems we are split on our vote then."
[20:55]<Master_Nym> "Regan and Tara on one side, Daine and Llanth on the other. Is this correct?"
[20:56]* Regan just shakes his head and mumbles "I tried."
[20:56]<Bynw> *tara fingers the scrollcase's cap*
[20:57]<Regan> "You may wish to ward the room first, M'lady."
[20:57]<Master_Nym> "Stow the scroll case. We will bring it back to the tri-sun for now. Dennis has his vote and I suppose Master Michon has a choice to make if he is to vote."
[20:58]* Regan sighs in relief at Nym's statement
[20:59]<Bynw> *Tara hands the case to Risira* "You should hold this for us."
[20:59]* Risira takes the case and carefully puts it in her ever-present Healer's satchel.
[21:01]<Master_Nym> "I have what I came for, for now. We can return another time to bring the entire library back with us. We should return if we are going to try to imbue the stone tonight."
[21:02]* Regan steps on the portal. "Who's 1st?"
[21:04]<Daine> ::Begins searching the texts quickly::
[21:04]<Risira> "Master Nym, I believe I should store this scroll carefully.  Where would you like me to put it?"
[21:05]* Regan holds his hand out to Tara and Risira. "Ladies first."
[21:06]<Master_Nym> ::To Risira:: "Are you skilled enough to make a small ward?"
[21:06]<Risira> "Yes, my lord."
[21:06]<Bynw> *Tara takes Regan's hand*
[21:07]<Daine> ::Gives up his search and rejoins the others, the text on Star Swords in his hands::
[21:07]* Regan waits for Risira while smiling at Tara. "Are your hands always this warm?"
[21:08]<Risira> "So I should put it under a ward?"
[21:12]<Regan> ::While waiting for Risira he addresses Taenor. "We can share that book when we have time. Okay?"
[21:12]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "I think that would offer the best protection possible"
[21:12]* Risira nods and takes Regan's other hand.
[21:13]* Regan winks at Taenor as he dissappears briefly with the women on the portal with him then reappears. "Next?"
[21:13]<Taenor> "It's going in the library after the Masters have a chance to look it over," as he steps next to Regan.
[21:14]* Regan takes the rest two by two then they are all back at the fortress
[21:14]<Master_Nym> ::Steps to Taenor:: "Brother. the book please. I believe I will need it before any of you as I will most likely be making your sword to imbue."
[21:14]<Daine> ((OOps that was supposed to be Daine to Taenor))
[21:15]<Taenor> "Master, if that's ok with you," *to Nym and Tara*
[21:15]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Daine should have it. I'm sure he will share it." ::he says the last with a glance to Daine::
[21:16]* Regan looks at Taenor, then Daine. Shrugs. "I thin k that may be best."
[21:16]<Daine> ::nods to Nym::
[21:16]<Taenor> "I'll beat him into the floor until he shares if he doesn't." *winks*
[21:17]<Daine> ::looks serious for a moment, but then breaks into a smile unable to contain himself::
[21:18]* Taenor hands the book to Daine, and makes as if to chase him off to the students' quarters in the fortress.
[21:18]<Master_Nym> ::Speaks up to be heard by everyone once they are all back at the tri-sun fortress:: "Bring the scroll to the meeting chamber. I will summon Dennis and Michon."
[21:19]* Regan looks at Taenor and Daine. "Yep, cute couple." he says under his breath so noone can hear
[21:21]<Bynw> *Michon and Dennis arrive in the meeting chamber*
[21:22]<Daine> ::Takes a moment to explain the happenings from the time they left the library in the tri-sun to Dennis and Michon, then points out the scroll case::
[21:23]<Regan> "The scroll must not be destroyed or attempted at being destroyed. This I know to my core."
[21:23]<Daine> ::leaving out the part about his outburst, or course::
[21:24]<Bynw> *Dennis sighs* "The last thing I was curious about nearly killed me. But it is something the begs to at least be opened"
[21:24]<Master_Nym> "We are split on our vote. Michon do you care to vote?" ::raises an eyebrow at Michon::
[21:25]* Regan looks at Michon and shakes his head in the negative slowly.
[21:26]<Bynw> *Michon looks at Nym for a moment*
[21:27]* Regan places his hand on Michon's arm. "Please."
[21:27]* Risira puts the scrollcase on a small table and proceeds to set a glowing ward around the table to protect the scrollcase.
[21:28]<Master_Nym> ::His face stoic, he gazes at Michon::
[21:30]<Bynw> *Michon* "I say we open it."
[21:31]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Michon and nods:: "Very well."
[21:32]<Regan> "Well, I for one think we should find out what the symbols are first."
[21:32]* Risira has quit (Quit: See you tomorrow.)
[21:32]<Master_Nym> "They are magic script."
[21:32]<Master_Nym> "Tara, can you read them?"
[21:34]<Bynw> *Tara* "It's a ward. I think I can dispel it."
[21:35]<Daine> "Can any of us help?"
[21:37]<Master_Nym> "Tara, Reagan. Do you think we should open it?"
[21:38]<Bynw> *Tara* "No, its not something complex at all." *she begins mumbling an incantation while Risira lowers her ward from the case*
[21:38]<Regan> "Open it, maybe not just yet. But I will defer to you Master."
[21:38]* Regan steps back and closes his eyes while extending his shields at full stregnth around himself and Risira next to him. A silver aura with roing black patches surrounds them.
[21:38]<Regan> *roiling
[21:40]<Bynw> *a flash of light washes from Tara's hands over the scrollcase*
[21:40]<Bynw> "There ... it's warding is dispelled" *she says*
[21:43]<Bynw> "Who wants to open it?"
[21:44]* Regan releases the shield around Risira but keeps it around himself. "I will."
[21:45]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Regan:: "Do not read it."
[21:46]* Regan nods. "Very well, master." Holds his hand out through his shield.
[21:51]* Regan takes the scrollcase and takes a deep breath. He looks at all in the room one by one until lastly, he eyes Daine. He switches the scrollcase to his left hand and with his right, salutes him in the Valmari way. Then he closes his eyes and removes the top of the scrollcase.
[21:51]<Bynw> *a cold breeze is felt by everyone in the chamber ... but nothing is moved by it
[21:53]<Master_Nym> ::Moves to reach in and remove the scroll::
[21:53]* Regan keeps his eyes closed as Nym takes it.
[21:53]* Regan smiles
[21:54]<Master_Nym> ::Peers inside the case::
[21:54]* Regan opens his eyes and looks at Tara, penetratingly.
[21:55]* Regan nods slowly to himself.
[21:55]<Master_Nym> ::Extracts the contents. A velvet lined drawstring bag with a brick shaped object inside::
[21:56]<Master_Nym> ::Pulls back the velvet to reveal an ornate carved rod about the size of my forearm::
[21:57]<Bynw> *Tara's eyes widen*
[21:58]<Daine> ::notices Tara's reaction:: "You know it?"
[21:58]* Regan eyes have not left Tara
[21:59]<Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[21:59]<BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets (+)(-)(+)(-)(+)( ) Superb
[22:08]<Master_Nym> ::His face pales and he holds the rod outward from himself to his full arms length:: "My God!"
[22:09]<Master_Nym> "This is Horok Bindar's personal Star Sword!"
[22:10]* Regan blinks
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member