[19:47]<Bynw> | of the Anadari.
[19:47]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:47]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:47]<Bynw> |         23rd of May 464 NE
[19:47]<Bynw> |       Game Time: late evening
[19:47]<Bynw> |  Location: Tri-Sun Fortress Courtyard
[19:47]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:47]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:51]* Regan looks up into the night sky and peers to see how many moons are visible.
[19:51]<Bynw> *Michon* "So any other questions ... that you may have?"
[19:52]* Regan scratches his head. "I have one master."
[19:53]<Bynw> *Michon looks to Regan* "What do you wish know Regan?"
[19:53]<Regan> "How does one mke an existing weapon into a StarSword?"
[19:53]<Regan> *make
[19:56]<Bynw> *Michon* "An existing weapon must been empowered. That will be part of your training. As an Anadari needs to be able to create his own Star Sword."
[19:57]* Regan nods
[19:57]<Daine> "I have a question master."
[19:58]<Bynw> *Michon nods to Daine*
[19:59]* Regan smiles to himself
[19:59]<Bynw> "Yes Daine "
[19:59]<Daine> "Where did the tradition of the duel arcane start? Why wouldn't a weaker opponent turn down a duel?"
[19:59]<Taenor> "Master, if I may, on a more personal note. What about the use of the Akasa to enhance my healing abilities? Is it permitted? And what about the same, for healing an injured mind, that may have stronger resistances than I could normally overcome? Is it moral to do so? Is it moral since the mind is strong?"
[20:01]<Bynw> *Michon* "The origins of a formal duel arcane are lost to history. Sometimes of course it used as a tool to test the skills of another. And many of refused to enter into a duel arcane with someone who is their better. Especially if its not for a testing of ones abilities."
[20:02]<Bynw> " Taenor , yes you may use the Akasa to boost any skill you already possess. Especially for healing."
[20:04]* Daine nods to Taenor's questions, wondering himself
[20:05]<Taenor> "But the moral issue of breaking into a mind........Master?"
[20:05]<Daine> "Is it permitted to force your way into someone's mind and rip it?"
[20:06]<Bynw> *Michon* "Sometimes a damaged mind, in the course of a healing would need to be forced in order to repair it. But not for the purpose of ripping some ones mind"
[20:07]<Regan> "Master, I wish to use the Library. Is there anything I should know about it before I enter it?"
[20:07]<Daine> "Even to defeat a powerful opponent? One who is physically stronger, but mentally weak?"
[20:08]* Regan looks at Daine and smiles.
[20:09]* Taenor sighs towards his brother.
[20:10]<Bynw> *Michon* "Its very small. Feel free to start a journal to help add to it."
[20:11]<Regan> "Hmmm, a journal? I think I will."
[20:11]<Bynw> "Mind-ripping is not an ethical path to take Daine. Master Nym would not approve of its use for those within his House."
[20:11]<Taenor> "I will as well, Master, concentrating on my own Healing questions and moral dilemnas, in addition to moral issues with physical combat as a Healer."
[20:11]<Daine> ::Nods, but looks unsure::
[20:12]<Daine> ::To Taenor:: "If you fight, it simply gives you more to heal later." ::grins in that odd snarl way of his::
[20:13]<Taenor> "Brother, would you really want me ripping your mind in the middle of battle if we were at opposing ends of a fight? You might win the physical, brother, but your mind would die. The body cannot live without the mind."
[20:15]<Daine> ::Looks thoughtful for a moment:: "How else would you defeat me if I was your enemy?"
[20:15]<Taenor> "In your sleep, with a sharp knife."
[20:15]<Bynw> *Michon* "If you need to kill your foe Daine, do so with your Star Sword. Or if you must use your mind ... use it quickly, with mercy. A mind-ripping is neither."
[20:16]<Daine> ::Slowly nods to Michon:: "yes Master."
[20:17]<Master_Nym> ::In a flash of light and a small pop Iamar gallops into the courtyard::
[20:18]<Master_Nym> ::dismounts Iamar and regards the students for a moment::
[20:19]* Regan looks to the stables and frowns, then turns to watch Nym appear.
[20:20]<Bynw> *Tara whispers to Regan* "Your horse is fine. Being well taken care of by the stable."
[20:21]<Master_Nym> "Good you are all together."
[20:21]* Taenor watches the Nym appear, wondering a little.
[20:21]* Regan nods and gives Tara a hopeful smile.
[20:21]<Master_Nym> "We have a decision to make about the stone we mean to imbue."
[20:22]<Bynw> *Tara* "I dont think he would like the desert though Regan."
[20:23]<Master_Nym> "I would like to hear everyone's opinions on which path we should take. I have had a dream. Portents of the Akasha often come to me through my dreams."
[20:23]* Regan nods. "No, he certainly does not. But he is protective of me. He must feel abandoned, again."
[20:24]* Regan raises an eyebrow
[20:25]<Llanth> "Your dream told you what?"
[20:26]<Master_Nym> "It lead me to return to my home in Paradise. Master Kirg's tower."
[20:27]<Master_Nym> "The tower was burned long ago, but in the rubble I've found something. Something my first Master, the man who raised me, left there."
[20:29]<Master_Nym> "A starring pattern was there and it has shown me the way to a portal. I do not know where this portal opens to, as I have never been to it before. Without the starring pattern I wouldn't even know of it."
[20:31]* Regan closes his eyes
[20:31]<Llanth> "Would we be able to open this portal?"
[20:31]<Regan> roll 4df
[20:31]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 4df and gets (+)( )(+)(-) Good
[20:32]<Taenor> "Are you suggesting some take the empowered brick back, and some explore the portal?"
[20:32]<Master_Nym> "My old Master told me to seek out the starring pattern and it would lead me to 'the arcadian patterns'. I do not know what these patterns are. I only know that the Arcadian's where an ancient Anadari house that joined with many others to become the current incarnation of the Anadari. The grand Celestials."
[20:32]* Regan eyes pop open
[20:33]* Regan opens his mouth to say something, but doesn't want to interupt
[20:33]<Bynw> *Tara* "Master, I think we should continue imbue the brick that you had made of the bluestone. Regan has said he thinks he knows how to do it with help of the medallion. And that makes sense to me."
[20:34]<Master_Nym> ::To Taenor:: "No I am not. I am not suggesting anything. I am asking your opinions on this. The timing of the vision suggests it might be connected to these 'Arcadian Patterns', but I am unsure."
[20:35]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Tara, his normally stoic face a serious tone now as he takes in the opinion and studies the others reactions::
[20:35]<Regan> "Master, I must be excused." ::Looks at Nym straight in the eye::
[20:36]<Taenor> "Master, personally, I think that we could probably empower the brick, return it, do what we need to do, and move on to the exploration of the portal after what will probably be a necessary recovery period."
[20:36]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Regan, but nods consent::
[20:36]* Regan quickly crosses the court and enters the Fortress
[20:37]<Master_Nym> ::Sighs:: "I am very concerned. If we can imbue the brick with the help of the medallion then it must be possible for the druid Chadwick to do the same with the Medallion we've seen him carrying."
[20:38]<Llanth> "What if there is a third thing needed?"
[20:40]<Bynw> *Tara* "I don't think that there is a third thing. Master Nym has the medallion. He has the brick that is ready and he has one of the bricks from the Southern Matrix. All he needs now is time to empower it."
[20:40]<Master_Nym> :::To Llanth:: "Focus on what we do know Student and do have. Let's not start making wild guesses. If something more is needed we will seek it out when we know what it would be."
[20:40]<Llanth> "We know that we have the brick, and that we have the medallion."
[20:41]* Regan sprints his way through the fortress and eventually comes to a door.
[20:41]<Llanth> "We know that Chadwick has a medallion, and could get a brick."
[20:41]<Bynw> *Tara looks up at Nym* "You know that urgency has been suggested by my father in this regard. Having another of the ancient Matrix's back working is one of his priorities to the visions he has had."
[20:42]<Llanth> "What if the medallion is not the key but instead the lock? Would that not explain why Chadwick has not reawakened the matrix?"
[20:42]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to both Tara and Llanth, taking in what they say with equal seriousness::
[20:43]<Taenor> "Could he not also remove a brick to hinder us from moving forward if he thought we were going to use the matrix?"
[20:43]<Master_Nym> ::Shakes his head at Taenor:: "The Matrix is sealed and we have the only key."
[20:44]* Regan enters the room
[20:44]<Taenor> "Is there any way he could get past the seal?"
[20:45]<Bynw> *Tara* "if that was possible, he would have done so when were there."
[20:45]* Taenor nods.
[20:45]<Master_Nym> "Anything is possible, but I think it is well beyond his powers to do so."
[20:46]<Taenor> "We also thought we had killed him, Master."
[20:46]<Llanth> "It isn't the first time he has been killed."
[20:46]* Regan concentrates
[20:46]<Regan> roll 6df+ for Casting
[20:46]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 6df+ for Casting and gets (+)(-)(-)( )(-)( ) Fair
[20:47]<Taenor> "He survived one of Llanth's arrows to the head. That is a little frightening."
[20:47]<Llanth> "I assure you he died, but that is at least the second time he was killed to my knowledge."
[20:47]<Master_Nym> "Actually I suspected from the start that I had only destroyed his body if you recall."
[20:48]<Taenor> "Master, how is he surviving? This seems impossible, from every aspect of healing I've learned."
[20:48]<Master_Nym> "I've seen that particular trick once before. Breaching the wards of the Matrix is something I believe wasn't possible even in the ancient times."
[20:49]<Master_Nym> ::To Taenor:: "Magic."
[20:49]* Regan looks around the room and smiles
[20:49]<Taenor> "That simple, master? Magic?"
[20:50]<Master_Nym> "Don't under estimate the healing powers of the Druids student."
[20:50]* Regan closes his eyes and whistles low at what his Sight has uncovered
[20:50]* Taenor nods.
[20:50]<Master_Nym> "I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you more, but I am not a mage."
[20:52]<Taenor> "It just confuses me a little, Master. That's all. It's a little intriguing, as well."
[20:52]<Bynw> *Tara* "This Chadwick key to immortality is magic and has nothing to do with the true healing arts."
[20:53]<Daine> ::Nods to Tara and addresses the students:: "Magic is a powerful force and many things are possible with it."
[20:54]<Daine> "The Uthani Mages...." ::he shudders a bit:: "...I've seen them do things with it I didn't think possible. Things I wish I'd never seen."
[20:54]* Regan heads straight for a corner in the room, knowing what he will find....
[20:55]* Regan smiles. "Bloddy Hell."
[20:55]<Regan> *Bloody
[20:55]<Taenor> "Master, answer me truthfully, knowing that I will not lie in saying that it will not affect me one way or the other the answer to the question. Which is more powerful? The abilities of ourselves and our allies, and strength of the Akasa as well, or the magic that Chadwick wields?"
[20:56]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Taenor:: "I good question student, a very good question."
[20:56]<Bynw> roll 4df
[20:56]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 4df and gets ( )(+)( )(+) Great
[20:56]<Master_Nym> "As i have seen things..."
[20:58]<Master_Nym> "Magic is like a hammer. Big, loud, powerful. Able to build and destroy."
[20:58]* Regan looks about the room then takes a step forward. After a second or two he closes his eyes and smiles even wider as he nods.
[20:59]<Master_Nym> "But it is external. It obeys the will of the caster like a tool and many mages seems to regard it as little else but just that...a tool, a means to an end."
[21:00]<Regan> @ "Master Nym. You NEED to come to the library, immediately."@
[21:00]<Taenor> "What is the Akasa, then, Master? A slim, but sharp, and deadly, foil, capable of penetrating small gaps in armor, and still just as lethal?"
[21:02]<Master_Nym> Looks at Taenor with concern:: "The Akasha is not a weapon at all my students. That is the way of the dark-hand."
[21:02]<Master_Nym> "It is not a tool either."
[21:04]<Taenor> "Of course, master. I'm just posing questions that come to my mind. Knowledge is the key to understanding. Without that, we are all weak."
[21:05]<Master_Nym> "It is a way of life, a path to many places. Enlightenment for one. This  is why I have named our house after the Horizon. As we are all on a path that never really ends. The Akasha is our guide and the path. The Akasha is internal, it is a part of us. We follow it, but it leads us where we want to go."
[21:06]* Regan turns around, eyes still closed, and looks about the room.
[21:07]<Master_Nym> "But as you have suggested Taenor, it is a far more subtle thing then Magic."
[21:08]<Master_Nym> ::Sighs:: "We must continue this lesson later, Regan has found something in the library. Please follow me there now."
[21:08]<Master_Nym> ::Leaves for the library::
[21:08]<Daine> ::follows::
[21:09]<Taenor> "Interesting, yet informative as well, Master. As I said, knowledge, understanding, empathy, peace, enlightenment. These are the secret to being strong. Of mind, and of spirit."
[21:09]<Regan> @ "Master Nym?" @
[21:09]* Llanth falls in behind Daine and Nym.
[21:10]* Taenor follows, in case something is wrong.
[21:10]<Bynw> *tara and michon follow Nym to the fortress library*
[21:10]* Regan takes a step forward
[21:10]<Master_Nym> @@::To Regan:: "We are on our way."@@
[21:11]<Bynw> *the library is a large room within the fortress. however at this time it is fairly empty as House Horizon has yet to fill it*
[21:11]<Master_Nym> ::Enters the Library, his eyebrow raised:: "Yes Regan. You've found something?"
[21:12]<Bynw> *regan stands in one of the corners of the library with a large grin*
[21:12]* Taenor quirks one eyebrow upwards.
[21:13]* Regan points behind himself, to the floor.
[21:13]<Bynw> *Tara softly to Nym* "Want to borrow some books?"
[21:15]<Master_Nym> ::Grins at Tara, and says softly:: "Everyone." ::Moves closer to stand beside Regan and eyes the floor where he is pointing::
[21:17]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan for a moment, then his eyes blink. When they open they glow softly with a dark green light. He stares at the floor again::
[21:18]* Regan touches Nym's wrist and Sends
[21:21]<Master_Nym> ::Eyes Regan for a moment:: "I see nothing out of the ordinary here. What am I looking for Regan?"
[21:22]* Regan looks back at the floor, then back at Nym and scratches his head. "You don't see it?"
[21:23]<Master_Nym> ::Shakes his head:: "Perhaps it is this...." ::points to the medallion around Regan's neck::
[21:26]* Regan takes hold of the medallion, goes to pull it over his head, then pauses and holds out the medallion to Nym while the chain is still around his neck.
[21:26]<Daine> ::Takes a look at some of the books left in the library while the others look at the floor::
[21:27]<Master_Nym> ::Frowns at Regan, but grasps the medallion and again looks at the floor::
[21:27]<Master_Nym> "I see nothing."
[21:27]<Regan> @ Master, I see a portal there." @
[21:28]<Master_Nym> ::Glances at Regan and then again at the floor:: "Take off the medallion."
[21:30]* Regan sighs. "Very well." ::Takes off the medallion and holds it out to Nym with a frown and shrugs sheepishly.::
[21:31]* Regan closes his eyes
[21:31]<Regan> roll 6df+
[21:31]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 6df+ and gets ( )( )(+)( )(+)(+) Superb
[21:31]<Master_Nym> ::Takes the medallion and puts it around his neck, then looks back at the floor::
[21:32]<Bynw> *Michon* "What is going on Master?"
[21:33]<Master_Nym> ::Shrugs to Michon:: "I don't know. Regan says he sees a portal here."
[21:33]<Master_Nym> "Do you still see it Regan?"
[21:35]<Regan> "I still feel it"
[21:36]* Regan takes one step into the corner
[21:36]<Master_Nym> ::Takes off the medallion and hands it back to Regan::
[21:36]<Master_Nym> "I see nothing."
[21:36]<Master_Nym> ::Turns to the other students:: "Do any of you see anything here?"
[21:37]* Regan takes the medallion and puts it back on. "I'm standing on it now."
[21:37]<Bynw> *Michon* "There is no portal in this room. You and I checked this place up and down Master. There is only one portal here and we have it guarded"
[21:37]<Daine> ::Eyes Regan oddly::
[21:38]<Master_Nym> "Regan how did you know to come here?"
[21:40]* Regan taps his foot lightly, then looks at Michon, then Nym and inhales deeply. "The Akasha directed me here."
[21:41]* Ghostgames has quit (Quit: Ann mounts her ghostly steed and rides off the edge of the world)
[21:42]<Bynw> *Michon* "Excellent. The akasa has brought you to a portal that the rest of us know nothing about and cannot sense."
[21:42]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to the other students, then back to Regan:: "I believe you. Lead on, if you mean to make use of it now we should join hands."
[21:43]<Regan> "And this room is full, by the way."
[21:43]<Master_Nym> "Full? Of books you mean?"
[21:43]<Regan> Old ones....and many scrolls."
[21:44]<Master_Nym> @@::To Michon:: "Remember this was a fortress built by Ethan, Regan is his decendant. He may be the key to many things here in this place."
[21:45]<Master_Nym> @@
[21:45]<Master_Nym> ::Nods to Regan:: "Show us."
[21:49]* Regan reaches out and again holds onto Nym's wrist as he closes his eyes and concentrates.
[21:50]<Master_Nym> ::Closes his eyes as well, a smile begins to grow on his face::
[21:50]* Regan opens one eye to see Nym smile, then closes it again
[21:56]* Regan keeps the rapport maintained and peruses the room from where he is with his Sight.
[21:59]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles:: "You are seeing the past Student."
[21:59]<Master_Nym> "Show me the floor."
[22:00]<Bynw> *Tara* "A closed portal? Only open those of a specific bloodline"
[22:00]<Master_Nym> "I think so."
[22:00]<Regan> "I know. But the portal is real." ::Shows the portal and imparts the tingling he is feeling::
[22:01]<Master_Nym> "I wonder if it goes anywhere like most portals, or only one place. The Matrix perhaps?"
[22:01]<Bynw> *Michon nods* "It does keep out others that way ..."
[22:02]<Master_Nym> ::Takes a close look about the room one more time using Regan's sight::
[22:02]* Llanth is now known as Elim-Sleep
[22:02]<Regan> "I know the coordinates, and it is close by, I believe."
[22:03]<Regan> "Or at least within range."
[22:04]<Master_Nym> ::opens his eyes:: "Let's go."
[22:05]<Master_Nym> "We have some time before I must prepare for tonight."
[22:05]* Regan nods

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member