Bynw

[19:34] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #teara-adan with 1000ms delay
[19:34] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:34] <~Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 39
[19:34] <~Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:34] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:34] <~Bynw> | Tara and Nym have been gone for the
[19:35] <~Bynw> | day without returning after taking
[19:35] <~Bynw> | the king's men back to their villages.
[19:35] <~Bynw> |
[19:35] <~Bynw> | Regan has been examining his family
[19:35] <~Bynw> | history through the matrix. Seeing all
[19:35] <~Bynw> | of the generations of his line that
[19:35] <~Bynw> | have held the medallion he now holds
[19:35] <~Bynw> | as his own. Nym's voice still echoes
[19:35] <~Bynw> | in his head ... "You know that your
[19:35] <~Bynw> | family is just the most recent owners
[19:35] <~Bynw> | in a long line of owners of this?"
[19:35] <~Bynw> |
[19:35] <~Bynw> | The others await the return of their
[19:35] <~Bynw> | master and Tara.
[19:35] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:35] <~Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: 4 May 464 NE
[19:35] <~Bynw> |        Game Time: nightfall
[19:35] <~Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:35] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:35] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:35] <~Bynw> *the day has worn on into night as the rain continues to come down outside in the surrounding forest*
[19:36] <+Llanth> "How far back can you go with that thing Regan?"
[19:37] * +Regan points to the first pictorial on the mosaic. "He's Ryan the Fox. He lived over a millenia ago. I believe."
[19:38] <+Llanth>  "Can you see the first owner?"
[19:39] * +Regan concentrates on the first owner in his mind.
[19:41] <+Daine> "I wouldn't imagine anyone would like to use that thing to find Chadwick...if he's alive."
[19:42] <~Bynw> *the tiles of the mosaic flip and and shuffle for a few forming an image of man ... possibly in his mid 40s. light colored hair and having fair skin more like someone from the north rather than the south*
[19:42] <+Daine> "instead of looking back on ancient history."
[19:42] <+Llanth> "Those who do not know their past..."
[19:43] * +Regan looks at Daine and smiles. "Patience, brother. I'll try that next." ::Turns back to examine the mosaic.::
[19:44] <+Regan> "Anyone recognize him?" ::Points to the image.::
[19:45] <+Master_Nym> ::A flash of light, a sound of air moving rapidly, and the whinny of a horse can suddenly be heard from the outer chamber::
[19:47] * +Regan concentrates on Chadwicks location, if he is alive.
[19:48] <+Master_Nym> ::enters the chamber:: "No sign of Chadwick?"
[19:48] <~Bynw> *the tiles click and reform ... showing Chadwick alive and well on the mosaic image ... he is in a desert*
[19:49] <+Daine> "We've been studying history. No sign."
[19:49] * +Regan concentrates on getting a  map showing Chadwick's location
[19:50] <+Master_Nym> ::Sighs:: "As I feared. He is alive."
[19:50] <+Llanth> "Again."
[19:50] <+Risira> "Is there a way to kill him for good?"
[19:51] <~Bynw> *the image shifts on the mosaic floor ... and goes black*
[19:51] <+Taenor> "That can't be good."
[19:52] * +Regan scratches his head. "Nope, not good."
[19:53] <+Risira> "Master Nym?"
[19:54] <+Master_Nym> "Perhaps. I am not an expert on magic."
[19:55] * +Regan touches Nym's wrist, making sure Nym is not surprised, and say: "Here's the image of the first owner of the medallion that the mosaic showed us."
[19:55] * +Risira sighs. "My king would want him dead for good; he would want the threat removed permanently."
[19:56] <+Master_Nym> ::Nods to Risira:: "I believe a great many people would like to see Chadwick removed."
[19:56] * +Risira nods.
[19:57] <+Master_Nym> "It is very possible that he maybe more valuable alive though."
[19:57] * +Risira turns a quizzical face up to Master Nym. "How so?"
[19:57] <+Taenor> "Agreed. And it would free your time for more personal pursuits, would it not, Risira?"
[19:57] * +Regan breaks contact having passed the image onto Nym
[19:58] * +Risira blushes a brilliant red that is rather surprisingly deep given her fair skin. "I am expected to return to my post at Court after this threat is removed."
[19:58] <+Llanth> One moment.
[19:59] <+Master_Nym> "In the northern empire there is a place named Kirsh. It has been cursed for as long as anyone can recall. I believe Chadwick is a member of the druids there that help keep it so. He may also know something about the missing bricks of the many Matrix's."
[19:59] <+Llanth> "One moment."
[19:59] <+Taenor> "They would not miss you for, say, a week or two, would they?"
[19:59] * +Regan looks at Nym for a reaction to the image. He then closes his eyes and concentrates again when he gets no response.
[19:59] * +Llanth sits down and closes his eyes and begins to concentrate furrowing his brow.
[20:00] <+Llanth> Roll 4df to access the Akashic Record
[20:00] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 4df to access the Akashic Record and gets (-)( )(+)(+) Good
[20:01] <+Daine> ::To Regan:: "I'm sorry. I didn't recognize the man."
[20:01] <+Daine> ((oops, from Nym I meant))
[20:02] <~Bynw> *the tiles flip and turn and reform again, showing the very chamber and scene that is presently happening with Nym at the center of the image on the mosaic*
[20:04] <+Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Regan questioningly::
[20:04] <+Regan> "I wonder if Chadwick is making for our fortress?"
[20:05] <+Master_Nym> "No. The desert he travels isn't the Glass desert."
[20:06] * +Taenor stares at the mosaic.
[20:06] <~Bynw> *the tiles reform again showing the desert scene with chadwick ... it is dusk as he walks the sands in long robes ... a glint of silver about his neck*
[20:07] * +Regan points to the image. "What is that around his neck?"
[20:08] <+Taenor> "Good question."
[20:09] <+Master_Nym> "Another medallion perhaps."
[20:10] <~Bynw> *the image shifts and focuses around Chadwick's neck*
[20:11] <+Taenor> "I love this mosaic. I wonder if it can do pictures of people doing shadow puppets on the wall?"
[20:11] * +Llanth opens his eyes, looks around and mutters a quiet curse.
[20:12] <~Bynw> *it is a chain, much like the chain holding Regan's medallion ... and a medallion of silver can be barely seen at its end*
[20:12] * +Taenor sighs and begins to pay closer attention instead of being a smartass.
[20:12] <+Daine> ::To Llanth:: "What is it?"
[20:12] <+Llanth> "Nothing, literally."
[20:13] <~Bynw> *Chadwick stops walking. His hand reaches for the medallion. He looks up ... directly in Regan's eyes and grins. Then the mosiac goes black*
[20:13] * +Llanth raises an eyebrow.
[20:13] <+Regan> "Bloody hell..." :: Concentrates
[20:14] <+Llanth> "Well that certainly explains... Actually it doesn't."
[20:14] <+Master_Nym> ::Sighs and closes his eyes, concentrating on the mosaic::
[20:14] * +Regan looks at Nym briefly.
[20:14] <~Bynw> *the mosaic shifts again ... and goes black once more*
[20:15] <+Taenor> "Bloody hell. Is he blocking our useage?"
[20:16] <+Master_Nym> ::Chuckles to himself and opens his eyes:: "I wasn't looking for Chadwick, but yes it appears he is."
[20:16] <+Master_Nym> "At least blocking us finding him."
[20:17] <+Taenor> "And he can tell when we're using it to find him. And possibly when we're trying to use it period."
[20:17] <+Daine> "I still don't see how that staff fits into all this."
[20:17] <~Bynw> *the tiles click again ... reforming a new image ... of Regan*
[20:18] <+Taenor> "Oh joy. Is Chadwick using it to track us now?"
[20:18] * +Regan smiles in relief.
[20:18] <+Regan> "Sorry, just checking something."
[20:19] <+Taenor> "Phew."
[20:20] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks at both Regan and Taenor questioningly::
[20:21] <+Taenor> "Just glad it wasn't Chadwick able to use it remotely, master."
[20:21] <+Regan> "I was making sure that this was the real one." ::Showing his medallion.::
[20:22] <~Bynw> *the mosaic shows again the image of the fair skined man that was there a while back*
[20:23] <+Regan> "Bloody hell...Master Nym, we have a problem."
[20:23] <+Master_Nym> "Oh?"
[20:23] <+Llanth> Roll 5df+
[20:23] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 5df+ and gets (-)(+)(+)(-)( ) Good
[20:24] <+Regan> "Chadwick's medallion has the same original owner as my medallion."
[20:24] * +Risira swears under her breath in Solice.
[20:26] * +Taenor begins swearing in Valmaari.
[20:26] * +Regan raises an eyebrow at Risira. "Hamhocks?"
[20:26] <+Daine> ::Chuckles at Taenor::
[20:27] <+Taenor> "Brother, you know you wanted to as well."
[20:27] * +Risira blushes, having forgotten that she is not the only Solice speaker around.
[20:27] <+Llanth> "Well at least they aren't the same person, or if they are, it's a different body...
[20:28] * +Regan looks at Llanth. "Same owner, for both." :: Points to the imge.::
[20:29] <+Llanth> "I think you misunderstand, at least Chadwick isn't the original owner.. as far as I can tell."
[20:30] <+Regan> "Ah. At least there's that."
[20:30] <+Master_Nym> "That means that Chadwick owns one of the medallions to control one of the Matrix's."
[20:31] <+Regan> "Exactly." :: Shakes head ::
[20:31] <+Master_Nym> ::looks worried and thoughtful::
[20:31] <+Llanth> "Well he knows where we are, and we know where he id.
[20:31] <+Llanth> Is*
[20:31] <+Master_Nym> "Do we?"
[20:32] * +Risira swears again, this time in newly picked up Cana.
[20:32] <+Llanth> "Well I suppose he could manufacture the image, but if we come to him, he can dispatch us at his whim, and easily set trap just to tell us where he actually is."
[20:33] * +Regan swears in Brazic
[20:36] <+Daine> "We beat him once, we can beat him again."
[20:36] <+Daine> ::His hand unconsciously dips to rest on the butt of his revolver::
[20:36] <+Llanth> "Depending on the terms I seriously believe."
[20:37] <+Risira> "We beat him because Llanth shot him in the head.  He might not shoot as well the next time.  At what cost do we defeat him, and yet we must."
[20:37] <+Taenor> "Confidence is a good thing, brother. Cockiness is not."
[20:37] <+Regan> "Next time, we chop off his head."
[20:39] <+Taenor> "Burn him. Works better."
[20:39] <+Master_Nym> ::Chuckles::
[20:39] <+Master_Nym> "Your mistaken. All of you."
[20:40] * +Regan raises an eyebrow at Nym and waits....
[20:41] <+Master_Nym> "Llanth only wounded Chadwick. Lightly at best. He fled the chamber because I nearly forced my way into his mind. Llanth's shot just happened at the samee time."
[20:42] * +Risira says something extremely obscene in Solice.
[20:42] <~Bynw> *the mosaic shifts again ... the tiles clicking and moving over eachother reforming a new image ... an empty chamber ... dimly lit with a few shadows of humansized forms moving within it wearing robes*
[20:42] <+Master_Nym> "When I found him on the surface he was resting and healing. He tried to run. I took his head off with my Star Sword."
[20:42] * +Regan brows shoot up in surprise and looks at Risira. "Oh, my."
[20:43] <+Master_Nym> "I expect the body and head are still up there. Though the creatures of the forest have most likely eaten what they can of it."
[20:43] * +Risira grins briefly up at Regan. "Courtiers can be a foul-mouthed bunch when they're injured."
[20:44] * +Regan nods at Risira, then turns back to Nym. "He took another's body?"
[20:45] <+Master_Nym> "When he died it triggered a spell. It erased all trace of his memories and his mind fled...somewhere else. I'm not sure exactly how, but he lived on as I suspected. I've heard of the technic used before."
[20:45] <+Regan> "How convient for him."
[20:45] <+Risira> "Then we have to break that spell to kill him for good."
[20:45] <+Regan> *convenient
[20:45] <+Llanth> "I wonder how many times he can do that?"
[20:47] <+Master_Nym> "I guess that if I can kill him in a duel arcane the wards will keep him from living on."
[20:47] <+Master_Nym> "It's very likely, but only a guess."
[20:48] <+Taenor> "Possible, Master. It's worth a try, at the very least. But would he accept?"
[20:49] <+Master_Nym> "I very much doubt it. Not unless he thought he had no choice or thought he had no chance of losing."
[20:50] <~Bynw> *the sound of boots can be heard from the upper chamber and a familier female voice calling out* "Where is everyone?" *it is Tara*
[20:51] <+Master_Nym> "No that he possesses a medallion....we can not wait any longer. We must adapt." ::looks about at the others::
[20:51] <+Master_Nym> "Ah just in time."
[20:51] <~Bynw> *she is soaking wet*
[20:52] * +Risira rummages in her pack for a nice soft woolen blanket and offers it to Tara.
[20:52] <+Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Tara:: "Wallking in the rain?"
[20:53] * +Regan wonders why Tara is wet, but says nothing.
[20:54] <~Bynw> *she smiles at Nym* "It's raining outside. My skin was getting dry."
[20:55] * +Regan scratches his head in confusion
[20:55] <+Master_Nym> ::Smiles and nods at Tara. Raises his voice to be heard:: "We have no time to hunt for the missing brick. Besides it might not even be possible to find. We must construct a new one."
[20:56] <~Bynw> "There is some kind of distortion around this place .... we are far closer to home than we realized." *she says*
[20:56] <+Master_Nym> "Oh?"
[20:57] <+Daine> "How close?"
[20:58] <~Bynw> "not far from the desert's eastern edge."
[20:58] <+Regan> "And the horses? Are they close as well?
[20:58] * +Taenor nods as Tara enters, going back to listening.
[20:59] <+Regan> "
[21:00] <~Bynw> "Not currently Regan" *she replies to him*
[21:00] <+Master_Nym> ::Steps to the Mosaic's edge and closes his eyes in concentration::
[21:00] <+Regan> "Raider is going to be pissed."
[21:01] <+Risira> "So is Lynneth.  She likes to be exercised every day."
[21:02] <~Bynw> *the mosaic shifts again showing the mountains surrounding the glass desert to the east ...
[21:02] <+Regan> "I'm sure Raider is taking care of that, Risira. :: Grins::
[21:02] * +Risira grins then giggles, then sobers again.
[21:03] * +Regan looks at the image
[21:03] * +Taenor leans over to kick Regan lightly.
[21:03] <+Risira> "Great.  I'm going to go back to a pregnant horse and have to go get a new one until she delivers.  And I like Lynneth."
[21:04] * +Taenor laughs. "Doubtful. Raider might not even be into women anymore." *winking*
[21:05] * +Regan pointedly ignores Taenor
[21:05] <+Risira> "I just hope those stablehands are taking her for a nice evening ride or something.  She gets a bit fractious when she doesn't get enough exercise, which is why I chose her for this mission.  I figured I'd be riding a lot, and I knew she could take it."
[21:05] <+Daine> "Eh A horse is a horse."
[21:06] <~Bynw> *the image shifts and focus on a particular cliff face with several large rocks around
[21:06] <~Bynw> *Tara looks on as Nym concentrates on the matrix*
[21:07] <+Master_Nym> ::Opens his eyes, but holds the image:: "There is our raw material."
[21:07] <+Taenor> "Of course, of course, brother."
[21:07] <+Master_Nym> "We're going to attempt to do something that, to my knowledge, has never been done before. We'll construct a new brick."
[21:08] <+Master_Nym> "It will take all of us together to empower it. Poetic I think. The first construction of House Horizon."
[21:08] <+Risira> "Including me?"
[21:09] * +Regan nods, then his eyes go wide at the realization that Nym is serious
[21:09] <+Daine> ::looks to Risira::
[21:11] <+Master_Nym> ::Takes another look at the image then lets it fade. To Risira:: "Anadari teachings say that true coincidence is rare. The Akasha has bound you to us for a time."
[21:13] <+Master_Nym> "We will need your help, otherwise you would not be here. Your role is yet to become known. Time will tell Risira. Perhaps in time you will choose a path to the horizon."
[21:14] <+Regan> "And do "we" have the knowledge to make a new one?....just asking.
[21:14] <+Regan> "
[21:15] * +Regan looks down at his medallion. "Hmmmm"
[21:15] <+Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Regan:: "Trust in the Akasha."
[21:15] <+Master_Nym> "For now we need some of that rock and a master mason to work it."
[21:16] * +Regan shakes his head. "Interesting."
[21:16] <+Master_Nym> "Historic Regan."
[21:16] <+Master_Nym> "Let's go. I want to seal the chamber behind us."
[21:17] * +Taenor follows Nym.
[21:18] <~Bynw> *Tara steps out of the chamber holding the mosaic and into the larger middle chamber*
[21:18] * +Regan follows Tara
[21:19] <+Master_Nym> ::Exits the chamber lastly, closing the doors behind him and making sure they are sealed::
[21:19] <+Daine> ::Moves to the front of the group, leading the way out. His hand on his revolver and eyes roving::
[21:21] <~Bynw> *Tara* "so are we going in the dark of night or do we wait for the morning?"
[21:22] * +Regan yawns slightly.
[21:23] <+Master_Nym> "We'll make camp at the entrance to the Matrix. I can see well enough in the dark to find the rock we need and bring it back."
[21:24] <+Risira> ::to Regan, in Solice:: "Does he ever sleep?"
[21:24] * +Regan shrugs
[21:25] <+Daine> "I'll make the fire."
[21:26] <+Daine> ::In Valmari, to Taenor:: "I have something to show you. Come."
[21:26] <+Daine> :Moves off ahead::
[21:28] <+Master_Nym> ::To Tara:: "Chadwick has a medallion."
[21:28] <~Bynw> ?? so making "camp" in the main chamber or outside in the rain ??
[21:28] <+Master_Nym> ::Keeps moving down the tunnels::
[21:29] * +Taenor follows Daine
[21:29] <+Regan> "I guess they want to be alone." ::Smirks at Daine and Taenor::
[21:30] <~Bynw> *Tara* "there is a cave-in futher down that tunnel Nym"
[21:31] <+Master_Nym> ::Stops:: "How did you get in then?"
[21:31] * +Regan looks at Tara
[21:31] <~Bynw> "I can do magic ... " *she smiles*
[21:33] <+Daine> ::Stops when he is out of sight of the others and turns to Taenor with a smile:: "When Chadwick attacked I was angry, I felt something. I think I understand what it was...."
[21:34] <+Daine> ::lifts his right hand palm up and open to chest height::
[21:34] <+Daine> roll 4df
[21:34] <+BoxCars> Daine rolls 4df and gets (-)(+)(-)( ) Mediocre
[21:35] * +Taenor watches.
[21:36] <~Bynw> "Use your friend to get to where you need to go Nym." *Tara says* "She's very helpful in that regard."
[21:36] <+Daine> ::A small flame bursts into being. It dances just above the palm of his hand. He smiles and brings his left hand up to match the right one::
[21:37] <+Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "I can take two with me. Anyone want to go for a ride?"
[21:37] <+Master_Nym> ::looks about at the others::
[21:37] <+Daine> roll 4df
[21:37] <+BoxCars> Daine rolls 4df and gets ( )(+)(+)( ) Great
[21:38] <+Regan> "I will."
[21:38] <+Llanth> "I'll go."
[21:39] <+Daine> ::In his other hand a miniture frosty whirlwind of snow about the same size as the flame dances in his left hand. Flame in his right, ice in his left. he smiles up at Taenor::
[21:41] * +Taenor stares in wonder.
[21:41] <+Daine> "With practice I could freeze anything, or set it to flame."
[21:41] <+Master_Nym> ::Closes his eyes for a moment::
[21:41] <+Taenor> "Interesting brother. What is the significance of this?"
[21:42] <+Master_Nym> ::In a flash Iamar, his tricon appears::
[21:43] <+Master_Nym> ::Pulls himself onto her back:: "Get on."
[21:43] * +Llanth climbs onto Iamar with Nym.
[21:43] * +Regan climbs up after Llanth
[21:44] <+Daine> ::Shrugs:: "I don't know, but it's something new. Or maybe it's always been and I didn't realize it. Imagine what I could do with it."
[21:45] <+Daine> "I could create weapons, armor. maybe Star Swords. With practice."
[21:46] <+Taenor> "A good point, brother. Practice."
[21:47] <+Daine> ::closes his hands and the flame and ice stop:: "Just a notion....I wonder what
[21:47] <+Daine> 's holding up the others?"
[21:48] * +Regan winks at Risira.
[21:48] * +Risira blushes but laughs.
[21:49] <+Master_Nym> ::To Tara:: "I'll meet you up top."
[21:49] <+Taenor> "Shall we check?"
[21:50] <+Master_Nym> ::To Regan and Llanth:: "Hold on. It would be...bad if you fell off."
[21:51] <+Master_Nym> ::Iamar starts off at a gallop suddenly and in a flash he and the others are gone::
[21:51] <~Bynw> "Always the show-off" *Tara remarks*
[21:51] * +Risira starts to set up her tent and bedroll.
[21:52] <+Daine> "yeah, you never know what's going to happen with Master Nym around"
[21:53] * +Taenor laughs and starts toward the others.
[21:54] <~Bynw> "No need for a tent. We are still in the cave you know Risira, unless you fear all of these boys" *Tara says with smile*
[21:55] <+Risira> "Well, true enough, but a certain one who shall remain nameless seems to have less than honorable intentions."  ::Risira grins at Tara::
[21:56] <+Daine> ::rejoins the others::
[21:56] <+Daine> "What's the hold up?"
[21:58] <~Bynw> "Master Nym has ran off again taking Regan and Llanth with him to go get some rocks" *Tara tells Daine*
[21:58] <+Taenor> "Yay. They went rock hunting."
[21:58] <+Daine> "Ah. See what I mean brother?" ::To Taenor::
[22:00] * +Risira packs up her tent but sets up her bedroll with her tent pack next to it and drags her personal pack close to dig out her comb and comb out her braided hair.
[22:01] <+Daine> "Another night of sleeping on a cave floor and eating trail rations. What I wouldn't give for some hot stew."
[22:03] * Llanth is now known as Elim-Sleep
[22:03] <+Taenor> "Aye, I agree, brother." *pulls out his bedroll and lays it near, but not too close, to risira.*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member