[20:00] <~Bynw> | Kingsmen back to their homeland. But
[20:00] <~Bynw> | she may be gone for an entire day
[20:00] <~Bynw> | before she will again be able to use
[20:00] <~Bynw> | her magic to return to the southern
[20:00] <~Bynw> | matrix chamber.
[20:01] <~Bynw> |
[20:01] <~Bynw> | Master Nym has left as well, leaving
[20:01] <~Bynw> | his remaining apprentices to wait for
[20:01] <~Bynw> | the return of Chadwick.
[20:01] <~Bynw> | Rain has been coming down since early
[20:01] <~Bynw> | morning out in the forest surrouding
[20:01] <~Bynw> | the area. And by miday there has been
[20:01] <~Bynw> | no sign of Chadwick.
[20:01] <~Bynw> | Regan has been using the matrix to
[20:01] <~Bynw> | view his ancestors. Each one has held
[20:01] <~Bynw> | the medallion.
[20:01] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:01] <~Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: 4 May 464 NE
[20:01] <~Bynw> |        Game Time: miday
[20:01] <~Bynw> |     End of Adventure Recap
[20:01] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:01] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:02] <~Bynw> *the mosaic floor still shows all the ancestors of Regan's family ... that have been keepers of the medallion*
[20:04] * Kagi has joined #teara-adan
[20:05] * Spunky has joined #teara-adan
[20:05] * Bynw sets mode: +v Kagi
[20:05] <+Taenor> didnt miss anything, kagi, spunkster
[20:05] * +Regan points to the second to last one. "That is, um was, my father."
[20:05] * Spunky is now known as Master_Nym
[20:06] * Bynw sets mode: +v Master_Nym
[20:07] * Kagi is now known as Daine
[20:08] <+Daine> "All those people your ansestors?" ::points to the mosaic::
[20:08] <+Taenor> "Interesting. You get your looks from him."
[20:09] <+Regan> "I think so." ::Points to the 3rd from last:: "My grandfather, Collum."
[20:10] <+Daine> ::sighs:: "How very...enlightening. Why do you care again?"
[20:11] <+Taenor> "It's his family, brother. What do you think?"
[20:12] <+Daine> ::Shrugs:: "I barely remember mine."
[20:12] <+Taenor> "And mine are dead, as you know."
[20:15] <+Regan> "Mine are too...now."
[20:16] <~Bynw> *the portraits, some 3 dozen of them ... shows Regan of course as well at one end of the spectrum*
[20:17] * +Regan studies each, going back in time slowly.
[20:18] <+Daine> ::Looks about the chamber for the staff::
[20:18] <+Daine> "Where is that staff?"
[20:22] * +Llanth looks around.
[20:22] <+Llanth> "Hmm looks like cold rations."
[20:22] <+Regan> "Huh? What?"
[20:22] * +Regan turns around to Daine
[20:23] <+Daine> "The one the druid had."
[20:23] * +Regan is holding the staff by his side. "This?"
[20:23] <~Bynw> *rain drips in from the skylight*
[20:25] * +Regan looks up at the leaking water. "This place must be really old."
[20:25] <+Llanth> "I wonder where this rain runs out."
[20:25] <+Daine> "Yes. It seemed like that was the key to this puzzle. Shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to use this thing, not looking at dead people."
[20:26] <+Regan> "Those are MY dead people. And looking at them might also help."
[20:28] <+Daine> "Didn't master Nym say he had a vision of one of the old masters, someone speaking for you Reagan? He in that line up?"
[20:28] <+Regan> "Such as this woman here." Points to a fair haired pretty woman. "She's holding the medallion and my sister's dagger."
[20:29] <+Regan> "I haven't seen them all yet Lunkhead, give me some time. They all look familiar, but yet not."
[20:30] <+Regan> "It might be a mistake to rush this, sorry. No offence."
[20:31] <+Daine> ::scoffs:: "yeah the all have a vague look of being lost and confused...I see the resembalance."
[20:31] * +Llanth looks to see if the water is running in any particular direction.
[20:31] <+Daine> "Let me see the staff then while you play with that."
[20:32] * +Regan chuckles. "At least they're not ugly." ::Looks pointedly at Daine::
[20:33] <+Daine> "I'll remember you said that the next time we visit a tavern." ::reaches for the staff::
[20:33] * +Regan pulls back the staff."Carefull"
[20:33] <+Llanth> "Don't turn yourself into a toad with that Daine, I doubt Risira would be inclined to kiss you, Taenor on the other hand...."
[20:33] * +Taenor blushes appropriately, but grins too
[20:34] <+Regan> "I have no idea the affect it might have."
[20:35] * +Regan lifts it up for Daine and the others to plainly see. "These runes on the staff, does anyone recognize them?"
[20:36] <+Regan> The black staff has silver inlaid runes)
[20:37] * +Llanth looks at the runes closely.
[20:37] * +Regan slowly turns the staff over so each rune is displayed
[20:38] <+Daine> ::frowns at Regan, and doesn't bother looking at the staff. He glares at Regan instead::
[20:39] <+Daine> "You have a very bad habit of hoarding things Regan."
[20:39] * +Regan glances at the first mosaic pictoral. "Him, I know." and points.
[20:40] <+Llanth> Roll 4df+
[20:40] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 4df+ and gets (-)(-)(+)(-) Poor
[20:41] <+Regan> "That's Ryan the Fox. I saw a sketching of him somewhere." ::Scratches his head trying to remember where.::
[20:41] <+Daine> "You have the staff, the medallion, and your occupying the mosaic. Mind if some of us help out here, or are you just figuring your going to hang onto the staff like the medallion?"
[20:41] <+Regan> "Or was it a painting?"
[20:42] * +Regan moves over to the pictoral, still holding the staff out for the others to see.
[20:43] <+Llanth> "No I have not a clue what they are."
[20:45] <+Llanth> "Though they do appear to be magic."
[20:46] <+Llanth> "To what end?' *shrugs*
[20:46] <+Daine> ::Moves close to Regan, holding his hand out:: "The staff, please. I'd like to study it for a bit. Unless you have a reason for holding onto it."
[20:48] <+Regan> "I have reason. But if you think you can help, please do. But I'm not gonna be happy if it turns you into a frog." ::Hands the staff over to Daine, but holds onto one end just to make sure he can pull it back in case something happens::
[20:48] <~Bynw> *the rain continues as the sun outside begins to set and the only light available is that which the deryni can create*
[20:50] * +Regan looks up and then over to Taenor. "A little light if you please, brother."
[20:50] <+Daine> ::grabs hold of the staff and roughly yanks it from Regan's grasp, glaring at him for a moment.::
[20:51] * +Regan shakes his head at his friend's carelessness.
[20:51] * +Regan turns back to the mosaic.
[20:51] <+Daine> ::scoffs at Regan, then closes his eyes and holds the staff::
[20:51] <+Regan> "I want that back."
[20:52] <+Daine> "why?"
[20:52] <+Taenor> "Now boys, play nice before I have to beat you both senseless."
[20:53] <+Regan> "I have an idea when you're finished."
[20:53] <+Regan> "But please, take your time."
[20:53] <+Regan> ((Sincerely))
[20:54] <+Daine> "No." ::walks away with the staff, continuing to glare at Regan for a bit.::
[20:55] <+Regan> "No? No, what?"
[20:55] <+Taenor> "Brother, don't be an ass. We have to cooperate with each other, and that means playing nice, like a good infidel."
[20:56] <+Llanth> "So is anyone else curious where this water runs?"
[20:57] <+Regan> "I did hand t over, and I did ask for help with the runes and I did it politely and with sincere cooperation."
[20:57] <+Taenor> "Oh, I know, Regan. You were playing nice. My brother in arms there was not playing nice, on the other hand."
[20:57] <+Daine> ::His face becomes stoic, but his eyes shine like fire. He ignores Taenor, his eyes on Regan:: "You don't need the staff, you have no use for it, unlike the medallion you have no claim to it. Why is it so important that you retain it?"
[20:58] <+Regan> "Because it ALSO has been in my family for generations! THAT'S WHY!"
[20:59] * +Regan moves towards Daine with purpose.
[20:59] <+Taenor> "Calm down, both of you. Brother, it's his staff. Examine it then give it back. You wouldnt want to prove me right that you're a barbarian, would you?"
[21:01] <+Daine> ::His knees bend a bit, his grip tightens:: "I'm willing to bet that his family line is not the original owners of the staff or the medallion. And I'm wondering why either is so important to him?"
[21:01] <+Daine> "Ask the mosaic."
[21:02] <+Regan> "Ill ask it, when you return it."
[21:02] <+Taenor> "Even if they're not, we have no way to make sure, besides the mosaic, which seems fical, at best. Don't make our situation worse than it is."
[21:03] <+Regan> "Not before, and not because you demand it"
[21:03] * +Regan extends his hand out for the staff.
[21:04] <+Daine> ::Nods at Regan:: "Fair enough. But you will answer me, why it is so important that you possess them. Why your so...obsessed with them. Or you can try your luck trying to come get them from my grasp."
[21:05] <+Daine> "Are you trying to activate the Matrix and gain it's power for yourself?" ::begins truth-reading Reagan::
[21:05] * +Regan considers for a moment.
[21:07] <+Regan> "Yes on the first part, no on the second." ::Extends his hand out slightly further::
[21:07] <+Regan> "Are you?" ::Also Truth-Reading, openly.
[21:08] <+Daine> ::Relaxes a bit and chuckles:: "No. I will live and die for house horizon until the end of my days."
[21:09] <+Taenor> "Good. Now that both of you are done bein spastic, will you please relax and play nice together?"
[21:09] <+Taenor> ((*being))
[21:09] <+Daine> "Yes is not an answer to why you need these trinkets, but you've answered enough." ::Hands the staff back to Regan::
[21:10] <+Regan> ::Also relaxes:: "Very well, friend and brother. I would have hated to hurt you." He says with a genuine smile.
[21:10] <+Daine> "I would've hated to carry you out of this place after you did."
[21:11] * +Regan bows slightly to Daine in thanks.
[21:12] <+Daine> ::considers for a moment, then makes his odd gesture of respect. Hand to heart, then to chin then outward::
[21:12] <+Regan> ::Smiles even wider:: "One would hope"
[21:12] <+Taenor> "I would've hated to cart both of your corpses out. You both weigh a ton."
[21:13] <+Daine> ::scoffs::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member