[20:14] <~Bynw> | accessing the chambers surrounding the
[20:14] <~Bynw> | mosaic.
[20:14] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:14] <~Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: 4 May 464 NE
[20:15] <~Bynw> |        Game Time: day break
[20:15] <~Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[20:15] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:15] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:15] <~Bynw> *sunlight creeps in from the skylight in the main central chamber of the small underground complex
[20:15] * Spunky is now known as Master_Nym
[20:16] * Bynw sets mode: +v Master_Nym
[20:16] * +Regan scratches his head and yawns:: "Where are we by the way?"
[20:18] <~Bynw> *Tara* "Many hundred miles south of your home village Regan. In the southern jungles in the mountains that separate Alaknar from Solanda."
[20:18] * +Taenor yawns, is tempted to pat Risira on the rear, thinks better of it, and just stretches.
[20:18] <+Llanth> "Some ancient place of arcane significance or other."
[20:20] * +Regan looks over at Llanth:: "Really?"
[20:20] * +Llanth shrugs.
[20:21] <~Bynw> "I'm sure it is, that is why the ancients built the matrix here." *Tara remarks*
[20:24] * +Regan has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[20:25] <+Master_Nym> "Where is the Staff?"
[20:29] <~Bynw> *Regan* "I have it"
[20:30] <+Master_Nym> "May I see it?" ::extends his hand::
[20:30] <~Bynw> *Regan hands the staff over to Nym*
[20:30] <~Bynw> *Nath* "Master Nym. It is day break now. What is your plan? If this Chadwick can return from the dead as you fear he can ... then staying here will not protect our countrymen."
[20:32] <+Llanth> "Leaving here may completely doom your countrymen."
[20:32] <+Master_Nym> "Your right Captain. We must bring Chadwick here."
[20:34] <~Bynw> *Nath* "He already stated that our home villages would be attacked last night. His creatures are out in the forests and must be hunted down."
[20:35] <+Master_Nym> "If we unlock the power of this Matrix Chadwick will never wrest it from us. He knows that. He may attack our homes, but he will come here and in haste."
[20:35] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks to the Captain:: "We must open the door for him."
[20:35] <+Llanth> "Consider this Nath, Chadwick already has power over life and death. What power is it that he is seeking?"
[20:37] <+Taenor> "Nath, in that at least I am lucky. My family is already dead."
[20:38] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks a bit sad:: "Besides Captain, what would you have me do? You know as well as I do how hard Chadwick is to track down, how he can send minions to fight for him. How can we stop that? If you like I can send word, but due to the distance involved it would drain my power reserves."
[20:38] <+Master_Nym> "I think the better choice is to bring Chadwick here. Now." ::Moves towards the doors to the outer chamber::
[20:39] * Regan has joined #teara-adan
[20:40] <+Taenor> "Master Nym. Is it possible to trap Chadwick, to hold him in one place indefinately?"
[20:41] * Bynw sets mode: +v Regan
[20:41] <+Master_Nym> "I can only guess Taenor. Killing him inside a ward might do it."
[20:41] <+Taenor> "But what if that ward was ever taken down?"
[20:42] * +Regan has quit IRC (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:42] <+Llanth> "A great evil will be released upon the land?"
[20:43] <+Master_Nym> ::shrugs:: "My best guess is that he has one chance to revive himself and it is only at the moment of his death. That is how the spell works to the best of my knowledge."
[20:43] <+Taenor> "Exactly, Llanth. We need to think of something more permanent."
[20:43] <+Taenor> "I am worries, though, Master. What if he has developed his powers beyond what we know?"
[20:43] <+Taenor> (worried)
[20:44] * SergiusMaximus has left #teara-adan
[20:45] <+Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Taenor:: "Nothing is impossible. We can only try our best and hope that is enough. Such is the life of an Anadari sworn to protect."
[20:45] <~Bynw> *Nath* "Bringing about the death of this renegade druid is one thing. But what of the creatures he has let loose in the forests. We are many miles from home and they are running wild and will continue to kill."
[20:46] * +Taenor sighs.
[20:46] <+Taenor> "Yes, master."
[20:47] <+Daine> "Perhaps you should run then Captain....to protect the country side I mean..." ::scowls at Nath::
[20:48] * +Taenor grins a little at Daine's comment.
[20:48] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Daine with disapproval::
[20:48] <+Taenor> "You would rather have us burn the countryside, to eliminate the enemy, my pagan brother."
[20:49] <~Bynw> "Not run" *Nath says* "But we are not prepaired here fully to fight a powerful master of arcane energies, unlike you Anadari. But we can fight his monsters."
[20:50] <+Daine> "You step out those doors and Chadwick will hunt you down and use you as leverage against us."
[20:50] <+Daine> "I would....or would have."
[20:51] <+Daine> "In another life."
[20:51] <+Master_Nym> "Perhaps I should leave."
[20:53] * +Taenor laughs. "Maybe, brother, maybe. And maybe I would have been born a pagan like you, and you a monk like me."
[20:54] <~Bynw> "Only if you let him use that leverage." *Nath states* "All we need is to be transported back to our Kingdom. We shall find the creatures there and remove them. Then Master Nym can use his plans to bring Chadwick back here where he can be delt with"
[20:56] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Tara questioningly:: "Tara can you?"
[20:56] <~Bynw> "I could but I wouldnt be able to return for several hours." *she says*
[20:57] <+Daine> ::Scoffs at Nath and turns to watch the mosaic::
[21:01] <+Daine> roll 5df-
[21:01] <+BoxCars> Daine rolls 5df- and gets (-)( )( )( )( ) Mediocre
[21:04] <+Master_Nym> ::Goes silent for a moment apparently in thought. Then nods to Tara.:: "Captain. Follow Tara's instructions. Her and I will bring you where you wish."
[21:04] <+Daine> ::Looks to Nym in surprise::
[21:05] <~Bynw> *Nath calls his men to him. "We are departing for home so we can continue the fight on the front lines against this Chadwick and his creatures that have devistated our homeland."
[21:05] <+Daine> "Master! Your leaving us!?"
[21:06] <~Bynw> *Tara goes to the upper chamber and releases the ward that protects it* "Everyone be on guard incase Chadwick uses this ward going down to make an attack on us here."
[21:07] <~Bynw> *nym's 3 horned mount appears in the upper chamber the moment the ward vanished*
[21:07] * +Risira packs her belongings up and settles her pack on her back.
[21:07] <+Master_Nym> ::Steps to the Regan's side and fishes the medallion from his belt pouch:: "You know that your family is just the most recent owners in a long line of owners of this?"
[21:08] <+Daine> "Captain."
[21:08] <+Daine> ::Steps towards Nath::
[21:09] <+Daine> ::Lowers his voice so as not be over heard:: "You and your men may not be of use here with us, but the healer..."
[21:10] <+Daine> ::His eyes drift to Risira::
[21:11] <+Taenor> "Risira is of much use here."
[21:11] <+Taenor> "And she shows potential in other areas."
[21:11] <+Daine> ::Then snap back to Nath, with the look of the calm before battle to them:: "We go to battle, she could mean life and death quite literally."
[21:11] * +Risira blushes.
[21:12] <+Daine> ::Scoffs at Taenor, theen returns his gaze to Nath, waiting::
[21:12] <~Bynw> *Nath back to Daine* "Healers will be needed by us as well fighting those creatures." *he glances towards Risira* "But there are other healers at the King's command."
[21:12] <+Risira> "Captain, do you wish me to stay with the Anadari?"
[21:13] <~Bynw> *Nath turns to Risira as she grabs her pack.* "Yes, please stay with them. Chadwick can cause a great amount of injury and in a short time frame as well. They could use more than one. We will be back for you later."
[21:14] <+Risira> "Very well.  Be blessed and safe in your travels, then."
[21:14] * sgilley has quit IRC (Quit: "Bye")
[21:14] * +Risira takes her pack back off, rests it against the wall, and flips her long braid back over her shoulder.
[21:15] <+Llanth> "Nath."
[21:17] <+Llanth> "The tea is on your party when next we meet."
[21:18] <+Taenor> "And the wine, too, Captain."
[21:19] <+Daine> ::Slowly nods, his eyes boring into Nath's for a moment. He then steps back and makes his odd gesture of respect, perhaps a salute. His hand quickly and briefly touches his heart then his chin, then heart and then opens and drifts back down:: "May we meet again and toast the bones of our enemies."
[21:20] * +Taenor whispers slightly. "Pagan."
[21:21] <+Master_Nym> ::Quickly jumps onto Iamar's back and pats her neck affectionately::
[21:21] <+Daine> ::Rolls his eyes at Taenor and steps back::
[21:22] <+Master_Nym> ::To Tara:: "When ever you are ready my lady."
[21:22] <~Bynw> *nath's men join hands with Tara, she nods to Nym and then utters a word of power and the lot of them vanish*
[21:23] * +Master_Nym Vanishes with Tara
[21:29] <~Bynw> *after an hour or so there is the sound of thunder and rain begins to trickle through the skylight which is now darkened
[21:30] * +Taenor breaks out his ward cubes.
[21:30] <+Taenor> "Think we'll need these?"
[21:30] <+Llanth> "We may."
[21:31] <~Bynw> *Regan* "Shouldn't we use them to replace the ward Tara took down?"
[21:31] <+Taenor> good point
[21:32] <~Bynw> *Regan sits down and looks at the medallion, flipping it over and over*
[21:32] <+Daine> ::Is sitting checking his pistols and reloading them:: "Then Chadwick wont come."
[21:32] <+Risira> "Do we really want to face him without Master Nym?"
[21:33] * +Taenor sits and manipulates the wards, moving them once formed to the cover the places Tara's did.
[21:33] <+Daine> ::Looks about at the others:: "I'm for killing him. We're many, he is one. If we work together I think we can win."
[21:33] * +Taenor sits, concentrates and centers himself before activating the ward.
[21:34] <+Daine> "We wont have to watch Nath and the others now. We drove him off last time without the Master."
[21:34] <~Bynw> *Regan* "I have a score to settle with him ..." *he continues to look over the medallion*
[21:34] <+Taenor> "I would like a piece of his flesh on my blades as well."
[21:35] <+Daine> ::Nods to Regan:: "That's three. Llanth?"
[21:35] <+Llanth> "I believe that we should carefully watch for moving with undue haste."
[21:36] <~Bynw> *the tiles on the matrix floor begin to flip, click and shuffle themselves again. Showing an image of Regan and then rapidly shifting to others. Several dozen different people some men, some women. all with one thing in common ... the medallion itself ... over the course of an hour the images continue to flip over and appear on the matrix chamber.*
[21:38] <+Daine> "Regan are you doing that?"
[21:38] <~Bynw> *Regan* "I think I'm getting better at this ..."
[21:40] <+Llanth> "Just don't break it."
[21:41] <~Bynw> *a few beads of sweat trickle down Regan's brow as the mosaic rearranges itself again. forming nearly 3 dozen portraits, himself included in it all lined up beside one another like a gallery*
[21:42] <~Bynw> *midday - raining still as thunder again rolls overhead outside of the chamber*
[21:43] <~Bynw> *each of the individuals hold the medallion, either in their hands or worn around their neck as Regan is currently doing*
[21:47] <+Daine> "What are you thinking of? Who are these people?"
[21:48] <~Bynw> *Regan looks up at Daine* "I was thinking about what Nym said before he left .. 'You know that your family is just the most recent owners in a long line of owners of this?'"
[21:49] <+Daine> "These are your ancestors then?"
[21:49] <+Llanth> "I would guess the previous owners, ancestors in a form I suppose."
[21:50] <~Bynw> "Yes" *Regan answers* "400 years of my family's history ... this one is the founder of our line" *he points to the last image.*
[21:51] <+Daine> "Who is he?"
[21:51] <~Bynw> << instert name here since Regan is not actually hear to answser the question >>
[21:52] * Regan has joined #teara-adan
[21:53] <+Master_Nym> "How is this helping us unlock the Matrix?" ::Looks to Regan a bit annoyed::
[21:54] * +Taenor leans back and meditates.
[21:54] <~Bynw> (( hold up until Regan gets updated ))
[22:05] <+Daine> "I thought you where the one to unlock this thing Regan?"
[22:06] <Regan> "Well, I must have left the instructions at home, Lunkhead."
[22:08] <~Bynw> (( end session ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member