[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 36
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | The battle against the renegade druid,
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | Chadwick was fast. He quickly fled
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | due to the injuries he sustained in
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | the battle. There were no casualties
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | amoung the adventurers.
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> |
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | Master Nym and Tara pursued the fleeing
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | druid leaving the others with the task
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | of cleaning up the mess left behind at
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> | the end of the battle.
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: 3 May 464 NE
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> |      Game Time: late evening
[20:07] <~GM-Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[20:07] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:09] * +Nath stares at the mosaic and then looks at Regan "I believe Master Nym wanted you to try and fix the ... Matrix now that you have the staff."
[20:10] * +Regan scratches his head
[20:12] * +Llanth goes looking for his arrows.
[20:14] * +Knos continues to watch the door as he reloads his pistol
[20:14] * +Taenor leans back, catching his breath.
[20:14] * +Regan slowly twirls his staff while pondering on what to do next.
[20:15] * +Rus looks thoughtfully at the mess left behind by the druid and starts gathering it all into a pile.
[20:15] * +Llanth looks at Regan. "Stick it in the hole. However you would go about doing that."
[20:18] <+Regan> ::Turns to Llanth, suddenly aware of the voice:: "Hmmm? Sorry. I think that is what would make sense, it's just that I want to think on it for a few. Don't want to be rash, especially with Master Nym elsewhere."
[20:20] <~GM-Bynw> *a quarter of an hour passes in the late evening ... and Tara reappears in the antechamber
[20:20] <+Nath> "There is also the matter of how we get out of here. I suspect it will take Master Nym and Tara a while to deal with Chadwick; do we wait or try to find our own way out."
[20:21] * +Nath stares at Tara "Speak of..."
[20:21] <+Knos> "Welcome back, Did you get the bastard?"
[20:22] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "Yes we did." *she says*
[20:22] <+Llanth> "Dead hmm?"
[20:22] * +Rus looks at Tara
[20:23] <+Taenor> "He's dead?"
[20:24] <+Nath> "Tara? Where is Master Nym and Chadwick now?"
[20:26] * +Regan looks at Tara, then his staff. "I wonder." ::Then closes his eyes::
[20:27] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "Chadwick is dead and Master Nym is checking things out. He will be back soon I think."
[20:28] * +Nath looks at Tara curiously "Things? What kind of things and I should like to see the body; I do not doubt you but I suspect I would like to see the body personally laid to rest."
[20:29] * +Regan slowly opens his eyes and stares at the mosaic
[20:29] <~GM-Bynw> *the mosaic tiles click and shift forming an image of Tara in the antechamber*
[20:29] * +Regan smiles as he nods
[20:29] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "Its above us ... several hundred feet to the surface"
[20:30] * +Nath glances at the tiles and then at Regan and quirks an eyebrow at Rus.
[20:31] <~GM-Bynw> *with catlike grace Nym drops to the floor, without a sound*
[20:33] <+Llanth> "Hmm."
[20:34] <+Nath> "Master Nym! Where is that fiend's body?"
[20:35] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "I left it up above. Although he is dead right now. I have reason to believe that he will return. He was waiting there for us ... "
[20:35] * +Regan turns to Nym. "Waiting?"
[20:36] <+Nath> "Return? I thought as much given the rumours of his death once before and seeing the magic at his command."
[20:36] <+Nath> "How do we kill him permanently."
[20:36] * +Regan tilts his head a little, then turns back to the mosaic
[20:37] <+Llanth> "That might explains things."
[20:38] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "Yes he was waiting for us. As if he knew someone would come after him. He is well skilled in magic and mindwalking arts. He had a death-trigger set when he died, erasing all of his mind's knowledge."
[20:39] <+Taenor> "Could we burn the body?"
[20:40] <~GM-Bynw> "What we need to do now apprentice. Is to secure this place. He knows of it. He will return to it. Of this I have no doubts." *Nym says*
[20:40] <+Llanth> "Wonder if he will remember us killing him?"
[20:41] <~GM-Bynw> "We must ward these two outer chambers. Thus limitting his entry points and forcing him to return without minions." *Nym continues*
[20:43] * +Regan looks away from the mosaic and turns to Nym. "Will a ward suffice?" ::blinks:: "Took the words right out of my mouth.....hate when that happens" he mumbles
[20:44] <+Nath> "What do you need us to do then Master Nym?"
[20:45] <+Risira> "Do you need my ward cubes?"
[20:46] <+Taenor> "I have a set as well, Master."
[20:47] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym turns to Risira* "Yes if you have Wards Major then use them on the upper chamber over there. Make sure you set it so we are all able to cut a doorway within it."
[20:47] <+Risira> "Of course."
[20:48] * +Risira moves to the upper chamber and sets up her ward cubes, quietly and efficiently setting a ward that can be reopened so that the party can get back out.
[20:49] <~GM-Bynw> " Taenor, use your set to ward this chamber. After that we will all need to be divided into each chamber. And get some rest if we can. It has already been a long day."
[20:49] <+Nath> "Just tell me where you want us Master Nym."
[20:50] * +Regan pivots in a slow circle, looking at the chamber walls...
[20:50] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "Split your team up Captain. Half in each chamber."
[20:51] * +Taenor nods, and pulls out his ward cubes
[20:51] <+Nath> "Knos and Risira in the upper chamber, Rus with me in the lower chamber."
[20:52] <+Risira> "Yes Captain."
[20:52] <+Knos> "Aye Captain"
[20:52] * +Knos moves to the upper chamber
[20:52] <+Rus> "Yes Captain Nath."
[20:52] <+Regan> "Master Nym?"
[20:53] <~GM-Bynw> "yes Regan?" *he answers*
[20:57] * +Regan looks a little confused. "Why did Chadwick drop my taff so quickly and what do you know of this staff? " Holds it out horizontally for Nym to see but not touch.
[20:58] <+Regan> *staff
[20:59] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "I don't know why he dropped it. Maybe to tempt you into leaving as he wanted everyone to leave. I know nothing of your staff."
[21:01] <+Nath> "What do you know of it Regan? It is possible that he is laying some sort of trap involving that staff. A backup plan of some sort."
[21:02] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "He is tracking us here. That is the only explanation how he found us and this place. He must be keying off of something. The question is what ... I think maybe the medallion itself."
[21:02] * +Regan nods and turns back to the mosaic. "No Nath, I just thought it peculiar, that's all."
[21:03] * +Taenor readies the cubes, sets them covering the entrance and the central area of the chamber, and activates the cubes, pointing in order: "Primus, Secundus, Tertius, et Quartus fiat lux."
[21:03] <+Llanth> "What were you able to determine about him Nym?"
[21:03] * +Nath watches Taenor with interest.
[21:04] * +Regan shakes his head in the negative at Nym's statement
[21:04] * +Knos knos moves ar far as he can from the magical workings, ending up in the center of the chamber."
[21:04] * +Knos moves as far as he can from the magical workings, ending up in the center of the chamber.
[21:04] * +Rus watches Taenor quietly
[21:05] * +Risira sets down her pack, takes her bedroll off it, and lays it out. She sits down on top of the bedroll, unplaits her hair, combs it, and re-braids it into a neat, tight plait.
[21:05] <+Regan> "If that was the case, then why now? The medallion has been in my family for generations, not months or years."
[21:07] * +Taenor breathes deeply, and moves nearer to Risira, and leans against the wall.
[21:08] * +Taenor closes his eyes again, leaning his head back. "Master, it is done."
[21:08] <~GM-Bynw> "I do not know Regan." *Nym replies*
[21:10] * +Regan hears a rustle nearby on the floor and turns to observe Daine already asleep. Regan raises an eyebrow. "Remarkable." Then turns back to Nym. "I see."
[21:11] * +Risira gets into her bedroll and stretches out comfortably; she begins to breathe deeply and is soon asleep.
[21:13] * +Knos settles himself down so that he can see up the stairs leading out, settling into his guard routine
[21:13] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym turns his attention to Tara* "Do you think you can work up an illusion ... something to make Chadwick think he is winning?"
[21:13] * +Taenor rolls out his bedroll, crawls in, and sleeps.
[21:13] <+Nath> "I will take first watch Rus get some sleep."
[21:14] * +Rus takes off his pack and uses it as a pillow and is promptly asleep.
[21:16] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "I dont know ... illusions aren't my speciality."
[21:16] * +Nath pulls out his pack and makes some notes on a piece of parchment. After a while he puts it away and gets up making a perimeter walk to stay awake.
[21:16] * +Regan walks over to Nym and looks at Nym's pocket pointedly,but with a smile and says: "An illusion? How about a trap too? Both together would have its advantages"
[21:20] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "An excellent idea apprentice. What do you have in mind?"
[21:23] <+Llanth> "Spike pit."
[21:24] * +Regan shrugs. "We could make him think we've left or set a psychic trap at one of the entrances
[21:24] <+Regan> "
[21:25] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "we arent able to make a spike pit in these two chambers Llanth. The stone floor rather prevents it."
[21:27] <+Nath> "Perhaps a deadfall then as well as a psychic trap."
[21:27] * +Llanth shrugs and assumes an air of wisdom. "What is the difference between stone and dirt to the power of the mind.. Or something like that."
[21:29] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym* "We can could do a psychic trap ... I think I can work on that myself here"
[21:31] <~GM-Bynw> *Nym goes over towards the edge of the warded chamber and uses his star sword to cut a doorway out. He steps through and then closes the doorway in the ward making it whole again.*
[21:32] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "Its late. We should get some rest ... Who is taking which watch?"
[21:32] * +Regan nods and turns back to the mosaic. "I will my lady, I need to think anyways."
[21:33] <+Regan> "So, I'll watch now if that's okay."
[21:34] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "I think we should shut those doors. The matrix is safer that way. Nothing can get into that chamber when those doors are shut."
[21:34] <+Nath> "that cuts our party in half though, Half will be in here and the other half out there."
[21:35] <+Nath> "Although I do like the idea of keeping the matrix out of Chadwick's hands at all costs."
[21:35] <+Regan> "No, I think if we get surprised somehow, then we can shut them as the others enter the room."
[21:36] <+Llanth> "Unless we move all of us into the room with the matrix."
[21:37] <+Regan> "I didn't think it was god when Daine and Taenor got cut off momentarilly during our little skirmish, I'd hate for that to happen when most are sleeping." Looks at Llanth:: "Maybe Llanth."
[21:38] <+Regan> *good
[21:43] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "Chadwick will wear himself out breaking down the wards. We don't need to worry about being suprised at all."
[21:45] * +Regan smirks "One would think. But then that is what a surprise is though"
[21:45] * +Nath chuckles "A good point"
[21:46] <+Regan> "No, I think we should ward the doors entance also."
[21:46] <~GM-Bynw> "A Wards Major is nigh-unbreakable. Chadwick may be a powerful adept ... but he isnt that powerful. Even my magic couldnt breach these wards."
[21:46] <~GM-Bynw> *tara says matter of factly*
[21:47] * +Taenor leans up briefly. "It would take an act of God to break these wards."
[21:47] * +Taenor rolls over again
[21:48] <+Regan> "True, but I was more thinking of ways around the wards."
[21:48] <~GM-Bynw> "Who is taking the which watch? I suggest pairs ... Regan with someone for 2 hours and then another pair for the next 2 hours"
[21:49] <+Nath> "I will Stand watch with Regan for the first two hours, if I know Rus he is already on watch in the upper room."
[21:50] <~GM-Bynw> *Tara* "Excellent"
[21:54] <~GM-Bynw> *by the 2nd watch, Nym returns to the warded chamber indicating his trap is set. he settles down for some sleep himself. three more watches later ... sunlight begins to shine into the cicular middle chamber as morning has begun*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member