[19:51] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #teara-adan with 1000ms delay
[19:51] <Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:51] <Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 35
[19:51] <Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:51] <Bynw> | After some accidental experimentation,
[19:51] <Bynw> | several of the Anadari have discovered
[19:51] <Bynw> | that they can change the tiles of the
[19:51] <Bynw> | mosaic with concentraition.
[19:51] <Bynw> |
[19:51] <Bynw> | The image of a man with a staff had
[19:51] <Bynw> | been viewed many times. And, if the
[19:51] <Bynw> | images are true, he stands out in the
[19:51] <Bynw> | circular enterance chamber where the
[19:51] <Bynw> | adventures first appeared.
[19:51] <Bynw> |
[19:51] <Bynw> | Nym has flung open the doors with his
[19:51] <Bynw> | mind revealing what is now in the
[19:51] <Bynw> | circular chamber.
[19:51] <Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: 3 May 464 NE
[19:51] <Bynw> |      Game Time: early evening
[19:51] <Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:51] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:53] * +Regan moves towards Tara
[19:53] * +Taenor moves towards Daine
[19:54] <+Llanth> "I guess tea time is over."
[19:54] * +Knos watches the door warily covering as many of the people behind him as possible from line of fire
[19:55] * +Risira stands behind Knos, dagger nervously in hand.
[19:55] <Bynw> *the chamber beyond, where the party materialized, is different from what it once was.
[19:56] <+Daine> ::continues to hold his revolver at the ready::
[19:56] * +Rus keeps his sling whirling ready to let fly
[19:56] <Bynw> *it is covered wall to wall, celing to floor in moving and growing vines. bathed in a golden light*
[19:57] * +Taenor slides his Starsword out of it's sheath, holding it at the ready.
[19:57] * +Regan checks his throwing knives, having them at the ready and places his staff horizontally across his foot as he reaches Tara
[19:57] * +Nath looks at all the plants with interest and scans for any obvious threats
[19:58] <+Daine> ::his mouth drops in awe::
[19:58] * +Knos spits on the floor "Magic"
[19:59] * +Rus 's shields go up with a snap
[19:59] * +Risira slides her shields up tightly.
[19:59] * +Taenor looks at the room, shakes hid head, and stares once again. "Bloody show-offs, druids."
[19:59] <+Regan> "I don't think those are my mother's ferns."
[20:00] <Bynw> *directly across from the now open doorway is the man seen in the mosaic. covered head to toe in muck and grime. he is nearly 15 feet off the floor floating among the vines. he holds a staff in his hands
[20:01] <+Master_Nym> ::extends his hand to the medallion, it flies back into his grasp, his other hand extends towards the archway. A second later ghostly dark green hand-fire fills the doorway, blocking it::
[20:01] * +Nath glances at the man and then at Nym. "Is that who I think it is?"
[20:02] <+Taenor> "Brother.......be cautious. And ready."
[20:02] <+Daine> ::brings his revolver to bear on the man and takes aim::
[20:02] * +Knos levels his pistol at teh man and aims but does not pull the trigger.
[20:03] * +Regan tears a thin strip of cloth from his robe using his a knife and ties two of his knives to one end securly facing the same way, blades opposed.
[20:03] <+Daine> ::talks without moving his eyes from the man in the other room, in Valmari with a smile:: "It's me."
[20:05] * +Llanth draws an arrow from a quiver and takes aim at the stranger.
[20:05] * +Regan flicks to more knives into his hands after setting the staff across his foot again, never looking away from the man.
[20:05] <+Regan> *two
[20:05] <Bynw> *the man in the other room just watches and makes no movement toward the open and now warded doorway*
[20:06] <+Nath> :: To the stranger :: "Greetings and you are?"
[20:06] * +Risira cautiously tiptoes as high as she can and peeks around Knos but quickly returns to hiding behind the larger King's Man.
[20:06] <+Master_Nym> ::Pockets the medallion and steps near to the wall of hand-fire separating the disgustingly dirty man from everyone else:: "You are Chadwick?"
[20:09] <Bynw> *he answers* "Yes Lord Nym Gibran, Earl of Tennes, Baron de Kes. Master of House Horizon. I am Chadwick."
[20:11] * +Regan 's eyes go stone cold
[20:12] * +Taenor raises his upper lip in a silent snarl at the man speaking.
[20:12] <+Master_Nym> ::nods slowly, his face taking on a feral and dangerous light as he does:: "And you are responsible for the slaughter of whole villages in this area?"
[20:12] <+Nath> "Chadwick? You seem to be a powerful person, can you also summon up anmals like that?"
[20:14] <+Llanth> "And to think, I thought you had died."
[20:14] * +Regan looks at Nath. "Don't you think one person talking is sufficient" ::Pointing to Nym as he returns his stare at Chadwick::
[20:14] * +Nath quietly strokes his ear
[20:16] <Bynw> *he looks as if that was a stupid question* "I ordered the culling of the heard. You have an opportunity here ... all of you."
[20:16] * +Nath jaws clench and you can hear his teeth grinding.
[20:17] <+Daine> ::Cocks the hammer on his revolver, mutters to himself and Taenor:: "Sure do, just not the one your thinking of I'm sure."
[20:18] * +Taenor snickers towards Daine, smiling ferally.
[20:18] * +Regan 's focus moves to the staff in the man's hand.
[20:18] <Bynw> *chadwick* "I offer all of you one chance and one chance only. To surrender and leave this place with your lives"
[20:18] <+Nath> "So you admit to attacking and murdering innocent men, women and children?"
[20:21] <Bynw> *Chadwick* "If you surrender now. And give me the medallion. I shall let you all live."
[20:21] <+Taenor> "And if we refuse?"
[20:22] * +Regan whispers to himself. "Now Macden, my friend, it seems I will join you or avenge you soon enough."
[20:22] <+Master_Nym> ::Draws the dagger at his waist, it grows into a full size two-handed, single edge, slightly curving, slim blade. Dark green flames engulf it tip to pommel and play over his hand::
[20:24] <+Nath> "What would you do with it? Kill more people? I think it is you that has the opportunity here."
[20:24] * +Regan draws his StarSword from the side. Silver waves of handfire carress the blade
[20:24] <Bynw> *he watches Nym* "I see you choose the other path then ... Well Captain, does Nym speak for you as well? For if you surrender yourselves, I will spare your lives and allow you to leave this place. Where you will have the opportunity to travel home ..."
[20:24] <Bynw> "... in time to save your home villages from being culled by my owlbears." *he smiles*
[20:25] <+Nath> "You offer us a chance to leave but how do I know that a murderer will honor his word? What of you assassins?"
[20:26] <+Nath> "I have been sent by the King to stop these attacks on his subjects or die trying."
[20:26] <+Nath> "The source is you. My duty is clear."
[20:27] <+Daine> ::Speaks up:: "Your wasting your time Captain. Look into his eyes, he's insane."
[20:27] <Bynw> "Your King will not be able to honor your sacrifice. As he too will be dead, so you will die tonight with nothing to show for it."
[20:27] <+Daine> ::To Taenor:: "Protect Knos's mind."
[20:28] <+Daine> ::Steps close to Nath::
[20:28] * +Nath shrugs "Everyone dies Chadwick. I hope to witness your final death."
[20:28] <Bynw> *chadwick lets the staff fall to the floor, it doesnt clang due to the heavy vegitation now in the chamber*
[20:29] * +Taenor moves closer to Knos.
[20:29] * +Nath draws his sword
[20:30] * +Taenor grabs knos's arm quickly, sending a lightning fast thought into his mind
[20:31] <+Regan> Roll 7df+
[20:31] <+BoxCars> Regan rolls 7df+ and gets ( )(+)( )(+)(+)( )( ) Superb
[20:31] <Bynw> *the staff moves of its own and hits hard against the ward in front of the doorway
[20:31] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks over his shoulder at everyone, making sure they are prepared::
[20:33] * +Taenor extends his shields to cover Knos's mind.
[20:33] <+Master_Nym> ::Looks back to Chadwick:: "Let's finish this..."
[20:33] * +Knos looks slightly uncomfortable but continues aiming.
[20:33] * +Risira pushes on Taenor's shields.
[20:33] <+Master_Nym> ::The wall of hand-fire flickers for a moment and then vanishes::
[20:34] * +Taenor looks to Risira briefly, lowering his shields for an instant.
[20:34] * +Risira touches Knos' shoulder from behind him and sends a thought.
[20:34] * +Taenor withdraws and turns back to Chadwick, grinning again.
[20:34] <Bynw> *the vines being to move towards the opening*
[20:34] <+Regan> Roll 5df+
[20:34] <+BoxCars> Regan rolls 5df+ and gets ( )(+)( )(-)( ) Good
[20:35] <+Taenor> *Valmaari* "Be ready, brother. He is a tricky one, if word of mouth is any indication."
[20:35] * +Risira extends her shields around Knos.
[20:35] * +Knos fires at Chadwick the instant the ward goes down
[20:36] <+Knos> roll 5df+
[20:36] <+BoxCars> Knos rolls 5df+ and gets (+)(+)(-)(-)( ) Good
[20:36] * +Llanth takes a deep breath and aims carefully at Chadwick's head.
[20:36] <Bynw> *the vegitation rises in two spots to form a human like shape some 7 feet tall and moves towards the mosaic chamber
[20:36] <+Llanth> Roll 8df+ to shoot Chadwick between the eyes.
[20:36] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 8df+ to shoot Chadwick between the eyes. and gets (+)(+)(+)(+)(+)( )( )(-) Epic
[20:36] * +Regan makes a pulling jesture and the staff on the floor where Nym's shield was headsstraight for him and stops at Regan's feet
[20:37] <Bynw> (( HOLD UP ))
[20:39] * ChanServ changes topic to ' Horizon's Dawn, Thursdays @ 7:45pm US Central. ~ The Sixguns, Sorcery and Psionics world of Teara Adan (since 1983) ~ http://www.teara-adan.com'
[20:39] * ChanServ sets mode: +qo Bynw Bynw
[20:43] <~Bynw> roll 5df+
[20:43] <+BoxCars> Bynw rolls 5df+ and gets (-)( )(-)(-)( ) Poor
[20:43] <~Bynw> roll 4df+
[20:43] <+BoxCars> Bynw rolls 4df+ and gets ( )(-)(+)(-) Mediocre
[20:48] <+Knos> roll 4df
[20:48] <+BoxCars> Knos rolls 4df and gets (+)(+)(-)(-) Fair
[20:49] <+Llanth> roll 4df
[20:49] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 4df and gets (-)(+)(-)( ) Mediocre
[20:50] <~Bynw> *chadwick drops from his high place amoung the vines and into the tangle of vegitation*
[20:51] * +Llanth draws another arrow and readies for another shot.
[20:51] <~Bynw> *he does not rise up*
[20:51] <~Bynw> *the 2 creatures still advance on the opening doorway*
[20:52] * +Rus keeps his sling going and readies to fire on the still form.
[20:53] <+Daine> ::Fires his pistol at one of the vegi-men::
[20:53] <+Daine> roll 5df+
[20:53] <+BoxCars> Daine rolls 5df+ and gets (+)( )( )( )(+) Great
[20:53] <+Nath> "Master Nym? That curtain of fire might come in handy."
[20:53] * +Taenor stands at the ready, waiting, defending his brother.
[20:54] <+Master_Nym> "It wont burn them."
[20:54] * +Knos takes aim at Chadwick's form and fires again.
[20:54] * +Nath shrugs "Just a thiught."
[20:54] <+Llanth> Roll 5df for perception.
[20:54] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 5df for perception. and gets (-)( )(+)(+)( )
[20:55] * +Taenor breathes deeply, scanning for chadwick's mind.
[20:55] <+Master_Nym> ::Closes his eyes, brings his Star Sword infront of him point up::
[20:55] * +Regan throws a knife at Chadwick's body
[20:55] * +Llanth sights down on Chadwick's form once again and fires.
[20:55] <+Master_Nym> ::Also searches for chadwick's mind::
[20:55] * +Nath readies to swing at teh plant creatures.
[20:56] <+Llanth> Roll 8df+ to shoot Chadwick.
[20:56] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 8df+ to shoot Chadwick. and gets (+)(+)( )(+)( )(-)(+)(+) Epic
[20:56] <+Taenor> roll 7df+ for casting
[20:56] <+BoxCars> Taenor rolls 7df+ for casting and gets (+)(+)(+)(-)( )( )( ) Superb
[20:56] <+Knos> roll 5df+ for shooting Chadwick
[20:56] <+BoxCars> Knos rolls 5df+ for shooting Chadwick and gets ( )(-)( )(+)(-) Fair
[20:56] <+Taenor> "He's still alive. Kill him."
[20:56] <+Regan> roll 6df+ for thrown knife at Chadwick
[20:56] <+BoxCars> Regan rolls 6df+ for thrown knife at Chadwick and gets (+)( )(-)(-)( )(-) Fair
[20:56] <+Daine> ::Yells out:: "Tara, can you fight his magic?"
[20:57] <~Bynw> *the vegitation where chadwicks form fell begins to move ... stiring and spinning up and rounds ... obscuring the sight of chadwick's body
[20:57] <+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[20:57] <+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets (-)(+)( )(+)( )( ) Great
[20:57] <+Llanth> Roll 4df
[20:57] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 4df and gets (+)(+)(-)( ) Good
[20:57] <+Nath> "Rus can you summon any animals?"
[20:58] * +Llanth draws another arrow and readies to fire again.
[20:58] * +Rus eyes seem to go out of focus.
[20:59] <~Bynw> *Tara* "Yes I could but Master Nym would frown on my method"
[20:59] <+Llanth> "It wouldn't by chance involve fire would it?"
[21:00] <+Taenor> "Or extreme explosions."
[21:00] <~Bynw> "no" *she says*
[21:00] <+Daine> "What!? Your Crazy!"
[21:00] <+Rus> "Nay Captain no animals nearby"
[21:01] <+Daine> ::Holsters his revolver and draws his sword with a growl::
[21:01] <~Bynw> *the creatures are near the door ... *
[21:02] * +Knos knos readies his sword to swing at teh creatures, aiming to slice vines making it up.
[21:02] <+Llanth> "Hey Daine you take the big one."
[21:03] * +Llanth fires his bow at the head of the creature on the right.
[21:03] <+Llanth> Roll 8df+ to shoot creature on the right.
[21:03] <+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 8df+ to shoot creature on the right. and gets (-)(-)(-)( )(+)(-)( )(-) Fair
[21:04] * +Taenor looks to Daine and grins, nodding towards the first one.
[21:04] <+Master_Nym> roll 8df+
[21:04] <+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 8df+ and gets ( )(+)(+)( )(+)(-)(+)(-) Epic
[21:04] * +Regan Roll 5df+
[21:04] <+Regan> roll 5df+
[21:04] <+BoxCars> Regan rolls 5df+ and gets ( )(-)( )( )(+) Good
[21:05] <~Bynw> roll 8df_
[21:05] <+BoxCars> Bynw rolls 8df_ and gets (-)( )( )( )( )(-)( )( ) Mediocre
[21:05] <~Bynw> ack
[21:06] * +Nath moves to the left side of the door and attacks
[21:06] <+Daine> ::Yells a deep, gravelly war cry and charges the Vegi-man that Taenor indicated, slashing it with his two handed great sword::
[21:06] <~Bynw> (( HOLD UP ))
[21:06] * +Taenor charges alongside Daine, swinging for the Vegi-Man's leg.
[21:09] <+Daine> roll 6df+
[21:09] <+BoxCars> Daine rolls 6df+ and gets ( )(-)( )( )( )(-) Fair
[21:09] <+Taenor> roll 6df+
[21:09] <+BoxCars> Taenor rolls 6df+ and gets (-)(-)(+)(-)(-)( ) Mediocre
[21:09] <~Bynw> *Daine and Taenor sweep out into the other chamber and attack the vegi-men, taking one of them down, but not stopping it ...
[21:10] <~Bynw> *there is a screem of pain both on the psychic level and physical one
[21:11] <~Bynw> *the doors to the mosaic chamber slam shut again ... leaving Daine and Taenor in the room alone with Chadwick and his creatures*
[21:11] <+Nath> "Is it possible Chadwick IS the plants?"
[21:12] * +Knos moves to the door holstering his pistol and tries opening them
[21:13] <+Daine> ::puts his back to Taenor's:: "Stick together!"
[21:13] <+Daine> "The Doors are closed!"
[21:13] * +Taenor pushes his back to Daine's, and looks to the whirlwind of vegitation
[21:14] <~Bynw> *within the mosaic chamber ... all is quiet
[21:14] * +Nath tries opening the other door
[21:14] <+Taenor> "Let them worry about the doors. Look to our enemies!"
[21:14] <+Nath> "Master Nym?"
[21:15] <+Nath> "Magic is required."
[21:15] <+Master_Nym> "Stand back!" ::Pulls the medallion from his belt pouch and touches it to the doors again, and again he waves his hand to the side willing the doors open::
[21:15] * +Nath moves back sword at teh ready
[21:15] <~Bynw> *the doors open wide again ...
[21:15] * +Knos moves back sword held ready
[21:16] * +Llanth slings his bow and draws his swords.
[21:16] * +Regan sheaths his StarSword and flicks both staffs up and into his hands with his foot.
[21:16] * +Taenor breathes easier.
[21:17] <+Daine> ::Slashes at the retreating vegitation:: "He's getting away!"
[21:17] <+Nath> "Master Nym. He may be trying to draw us away from this chamber."
[21:18] <~Bynw> *There is a whirlwind of vegitation ... the vines and all are being sucked up into the ventalation shaft
[21:18] * +Taenor swings at the whirlwind as well, holding tight to his Starsword.
[21:19] <~Bynw> *slashes at the vines cause them to be cut and fall, but only to be picked up again
[21:19] <+Master_Nym> ::His eyes flutter open:: "No he's running from me. Where is the Staff?"
[21:19] * +Knos rushes out and stops as he sees the effect the others are having.
[21:20] <+Nath> "regan has it."
[21:20] <+Regan> "I have it."
[21:20] * +Knos moves back into the room and stays on guard
[21:21] * +Nath grits his teeth. "He must pay for all the innocent blood."
[21:22] <+Llanth> "He will, but things are out of the hands of the likes of you and I at the moment."
[21:22] <+Nath> "I agree but that will not stop from pursuing him."
[21:23] <~Bynw> *the whirlwind stops, leaving only a few bits of vine and mud behind, the chamber is a mess*
[21:23] <+Llanth> "Where, up a ventilation shaft?"
[21:23] <+Llanth> "Never follow a rat down a hole."
[21:23] <+Daine> "We have the medallion and the Staff. Perhaps we can make the matrix work now and use it's power to find Chadwick again?"
[21:24] * +Regan concentrates
[21:24] * +Nath smiles "Not literally friend elf."
[21:24] * +Taenor stands, breathing hard, and stabs his sword into the left over vegitation, sitting nearby.
[21:25] * +Risira steps toward the doorway, dagger resheathed, hand on her Healer's satchel. "Is anybody hurt?"
[21:25] * +Nath looks at Master Nym and Regan "I believe this is your area of expertise. I will follow your lead."
[21:25] <+Master_Nym> ::Moves to stand directly under the shaft and looks up::
[21:26] <+Taenor> "Just tired, Risira."
[21:26] <+Daine> "So much for the druid's big talk... I am fine Risira, thank you."
[21:26] * +Knos looks at Llanth with respect. "Nice shooting Llanth."
[21:27] <+Llanth> "Thanks."
[21:28] <~Bynw> *the mosaic tiles shift again ... showing chadwick once more ... he looks hurt
[21:28] * +Nath pulls out his scroll and makes some notes and appears to be sketching something.
[21:29] * +Llanth sheaths his swords and looks for his flask of tea.
[21:29] <+Nath> "Rus or anyone? Do you know where he is?'
[21:29] * +Regan observes the mosaic
[21:29] * +Nath returns to sketching
[21:29] * +Regan concentrates again
[21:29] * +Rus looks at the mosaic
[21:30] <~Bynw> *the tiles click again ... showing a nighttime sky ... a forest and mountains
[21:31] <+Llanth> "Now that trick would impress the ladies, you should take notes Taenor."
[21:31] <+Master_Nym> ::Sighs, then to Tara:: "Use whatever means you need to follow me. I need your help."
[21:31] * +Nath finishes the sketch and carefully puts it away.
[21:32] * +Regan "Master Nym?"
[21:32] <+Taenor> "And you should stick to shooting that bow of yours instead of talking, elf."
[21:32] <~Bynw> *Tara* "Where are you going?"
[21:32] <+Llanth> "At least one of us is capable of getting his mark."
[21:33] <+Master_Nym> ::He tosses the medallion to Regan:: "I must go. I leave the task of awakening the Matrix to you Students. Work together."
[21:33] <+Taenor> "At least one of us has a brain instead of just hair."
[21:33] <+Master_Nym> "You must succeed."
[21:34] * +Regan grabs the medallion and puts it around his neck, then Nym's words sink in "Huh?"
[21:34] <~Bynw> *Tara* "If I keep in Rapport with you ... I will be able to follow ..."
[21:34] <+Nath> "Master Nym, are you goinmg after Chadwick? I and the others wish to help if we can."
[21:34] <+Master_Nym> ::For a moment his form blurs, then it seems to fade a bit, becoming a bit transparent.::
[21:34] <+Master_Nym> "I must hurry. I'm sorry but only Tara can follow."
[21:35] * +Nath nods "If you succeed please inform e, I will assume he is at large and dangerous."
[21:35] <+Regan> "Be safe Master."
[21:35] <+Risira> "Master Nym, what about his threats to continue the attacks?"
[21:36] <+Master_Nym> ::To Tara:: "Let's go. We must hurry, Alex can't follow for long"
[21:37] * +Regan scatches his head at the name Alex.
[21:37] <+Master_Nym> ::Smiles to Risira. He jumps up with inhuman force and slides right through the rock of the ceiling as if it was not there. In a heart beat he is gone::
[21:38] <~Bynw> *Tara smiles and then utters a word of power and disappears*
[21:40] <~Bynw> *the tiles click again ... and the image blurs,
[21:40] * +Nath watches with interest and a clean shhet of paper in his head ready to take notes.
[21:42] <+Llanth> "Tea anyone?"
[21:42] <+Daine> ::Stares at the ceiling in Awe::
[21:42] <+Risira> "Please, Llanth, if you don't mind."
[21:42] * +Rus nods
[21:42] <+Daine> ::To Regan:: "Can you make that thing work now that we have the staff or what?"
[21:43] * +Llanth hands the flask to Risira. "Pass it to Rus when you are done."
[21:43] * +Risira takes a few ladylike sips of tea and then passes the flask to Rus.
[21:43] * +Rus sniffs it and then takes a sip passing it back to Llanth "That is good."
[21:44] <+Llanth> "Thanks."
[21:44] * +Llanth takes a sip.
[21:44] <+Regan> "What thing?"
[21:45] <+Nath> "I think he means this mosaic thing."
[21:45] <+Nath> "Matrix I think it is."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member