Bynw

[19:38:03] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #teara-adan with 1300ms delay
[19:38:05] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:38:06] <~Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 14
[19:38:07] <~Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:38:08] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:38:10] <~Bynw> | Michon, Taenor and a recovered Dennis
[19:38:11] <~Bynw> | have returned to the Tri-Sun fortress
[19:38:12] <~Bynw> | after being gone for nearly 3 days.
[19:38:14] <~Bynw> | Their return heralds the coming of
[19:38:15] <~Bynw> | 100s of creatures at dusk that are
[19:38:16] <~Bynw> | vaguely human shape, but thinner, black
[19:38:18] <~Bynw> | and faceless. With large bat-like wings
[19:38:19] <~Bynw> | and talons on both the hands and feet.
[19:38:20] <~Bynw> |
[19:38:22] <~Bynw> | When the creatures disperse, another
[19:38:23] <~Bynw> | form appears in the courtyard. That of
[19:38:24] <~Bynw> | a gaunt and skeletal humanoid with
[19:38:26] <~Bynw> | withered flesh stretched tight across
[19:38:27] <~Bynw> | visible bones. Its eyes are bright
[19:38:28] <~Bynw> | pinpoints of blue light. Dressed in the
[19:38:29] <~Bynw> | finery of ancient Alaknarian nobility.
[19:38:31] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:38:32] <~Bynw> | Today's Game Date: 21 Avril 464 NE
[19:38:33] <~Bynw> |          Game Time: evening
[19:38:35] <~Bynw> |        End of Adventure Recap
[19:38:36] <~Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:38:36] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:38:44] <~Bynw> *a couple of the apprentices have warded themselves. another stands guard on the walls with a bow. others are heading back to the keep. while Dennis remains in bed. the masters and Tara remain inside the keep observing the other apprentices
[19:41:11] * +Llanth takes slow breaths bow drawn taunt focused on the skeletal intruder.
[19:41:24] <+Llanth> "What do you suggest we do about this Daine?"
[19:42:01] <~Bynw> *the creatures slowly walks towards the ward put up by the anadari
[19:42:46] <~Bynw> *it stops a few yards from the ward*
[19:43:18] * +Llanth glances down and uses rolls one of his swords onto the top of one of his feet with the other foot.
[19:44:07] <+Daine> ::Keeps his pistol aimed at the skeletal figure and raises his voice, in Cana:: "Your trespassing creature."
[19:45:04] <~Bynw> *it responds in a rasping hollow voice* "I seek your master"
[19:45:18] <+Taenor> ::In Valmaari, just in case, while beside his companion::"You are trespassing."
[19:46:03] * Spunky has joined #teara-adan
[19:46:15] * Spunky is now known as Nym_Gibran
[19:46:22] * Bynw sets mode: +v Nym_Gibran
[19:46:49] <~Bynw> *Tara next Nym* "Becarful if you go other there. That is no animation"
[19:48:00] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to Tara:: "Keep out of sight. If it makes a move wait for a good time to strike."
[19:48:39] <+Daine> ::Nervously glances at the others at his left and right, he continues in Cana:: "You've an odd way of asking creature."
[19:49:56] <~Bynw> *it raises its right arm and points its bony fingers towards the ward ... which is hit by a blase of white light streaking across the courtyard ... but causing no damage to the ward
[19:50:07] <+Taenor> *Waits, tense, watching carefully*
[19:51:21] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Steps out onto the battlements that over look the courtyard, behind the creature and oppisite the apprentices, effectively surrounding it:: "That's enough."
[19:51:32] <~Bynw> *the creature looks at the keep scanning its walls*
[19:51:37] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His hand drops to his Star Sword::
[19:52:38] * Maironad has joined #teara-adan
[19:52:44] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his voice:: "If your not going to behave civilly I'm going to have to ask that you leave...."
[19:53:15] <+Nym_Gibran> "I am Master Nym Gibran. Who are you and what business do you have here?"
[19:54:21] <~Bynw> *it drops the arm to its side* "Civilly." *the thing laughs* "Come down off the wall." *it moves away from the apprentices and their ward, headed towards Nym*
[19:56:10] <~Bynw> *it stops more or less equal distance from Nym and the apprentices now at its back*
[19:57:12] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Draws the dagger at his waist, as he pulls it it stretches into a large bastard sword, dark green hand fire ignites along it's surface and seems to catch the entire blade aflame::
[19:58:33] <+Taenor> *whispers to Daine*"Oooh...Shiney..."
[19:58:49] <~Bynw> "I am not impressed by Anadari parlor tricks. It is difficult for me to shout. I have no lungs. Come down from the wall." *its says to Nym*
[20:00:52] * TheLE has joined #teara-adan
[20:00:59] * Retrieving #teara-adan modes...
[20:01:03] * Bynw sets mode: +m
[20:01:09] * TheLE has left #teara-adan
[20:02:27] <+Nym_Gibran> ::From the top of the battlements:: "I didn't recognize a name in that. Come again."
[20:03:00] <~Bynw> "I am Lancer." *it says*
[20:03:33] <+Nym_Gibran> ::With smooth and practiced ease he jumps  the thirty or so feet from the top of the battlements to the courtyard below, effortlessly:: "And I'm not taken with your theatrics either, Lancer. What is your business here?"
[20:03:41] * +Llanth looks to Daine and mouths "Lancer?".
[20:03:56] <+Taenor> ~to Nym, in a lightning thought~"Is that what he is or is that his name?"
[20:04:37] <+Daine> ::Shrugs to them both:: "This is all new to me, I'm not even sure what that things is. Your guess is as good as mine."
[20:05:13] <+Daine> ::Holsters his pistol:: "But it's a good bet that our weapons will have little effect on it if it comes to it."
[20:06:09] <~Bynw> *lancer* "Do you know who I am?"
[20:08:42] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Taenor's message simply bounces off his shields and is lost, his defenses are up at full. He takes a moment to study the creatures clothing and apperance::
[20:09:25] <+Taenor> *Feels the message get lost, and just decides to say it out loud instead.*
[20:09:39] <+Taenor> "Is Lancer your name, or what you are, creature?"
[20:10:37] <+Daine> ::Looks to Taenor, his eyes wide:: "It might not be a good idea to antagonize this thing Pagan."
[20:10:51] <~Bynw> *it wears a black tunic and breaches of a nobleman's cut, that is long out of style. other than that it is a skeleton held together with force of will*
[20:13:51] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes narrow:: "I wouldn't be asking your name if I knew it, would I?"
[20:14:35] <+Nym_Gibran> "It follows that I don't know who you are."
[20:14:44] <+Taenor> *whispers*"That may be, heathen. But it might be wise to know whether we are dealing with a lower form of servant, or a commander with some sort of ability and thought, instead of a husk just controlled from a remote location."
[20:16:16] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He is silent in thought for a moment, then his gaze sharpens again:: "Lord Lancer de Croix."
[20:17:25] <~Bynw> *it cocks its head to the side for a moment. the lights grow brighter in its eyes* "My name survives history."
[20:18:00] <+Nym_Gibran> "I know the name, but little else. I'm a student of history if you like."
[20:19:30] <~Bynw> "I am the last of four. And I am being hunted."
[20:22:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His lip curls into a snarl:: "That is enough to tell me what you are creature. You are what is left of a line that has brought evil to our world for over a thousand years. It is good to know that McKone is not the only one of your fellowship that has fallen."
[20:24:33] <~Bynw> *Lancer* "You judge us all by McKone instead of our own actions. If I were as evil as you claim. Why are you not dead."
[20:28:00] <~Bynw> "And that is what brings me here ... McKone's destruction."
[20:31:50] <~Bynw> "I have used divination magic and it points to here. This fortress and the Anadari. But you are not the Glass Knights who once claimed this place. Yet you are here, thus you are the key."
[20:32:57] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Gives the thing an incredulous look:: "You come HERE, to US for help?Your actions? The only actions I know of is your unannounced trespass here, unprovoked attack of my students, and uncivil and threatening manner. If I am to judge you by the what I know then you are in poor standing."
[20:33:10] * Mark has joined #teara-adan
[20:33:23] * Bynw sets mode: +v Mark
[20:35:35] <~Bynw> "ATTACK!" *the creatures voice echos off the walls* "Who drew their blades? Who drew their bows? Who drew their guns? Who drew blood? It was not I. It was those whelps cowering behind me now. We were mearly flying. Testing your ethics."
[20:36:22] <+Nym_Gibran> "You seek our help? Show respect or we grant you none. Disband your flying minions and appologize to my students. Your test was in poor taste." ::he bristles::
[20:37:18] <+Nym_Gibran> "Do it or leave." ::he plants his feet, his shoulders hunch::
[20:37:33] <~Bynw> *it looks around* "I have been standing here alone for sometime now. The sky is bright with the moons and stars. My minions are long gone."
[20:41:59] <+Daine> ::Looks about at the others and lowers his voice so as not to carry:: "That lying sack of dung. Those things attacked us first!"
[20:42:30] <~Bynw> "I thought the Anadari were supposed to be defensive. Not offensive. Well save for those of the darker paths." *Lancer says* "I too know my history and the history of the Anadari. I witnessed the destruction of my homeland by their starswords"
[20:43:39] * +Llanth untenses his bow arms aching and replaces his arrow in his quiver.
[20:44:10] * +Llanth swings his bow to his back and leans down to pick up his swords.
[20:46:48] <~Bynw> *he turns towards the warded circle* "Are any of you injured? I shall heal you if you are."
[20:47:24] <+Llanth> "We have a healer if it's all the same to you."
[20:48:02] * Maironad has quit IRC (Quit: Maironad)
[20:48:23] <+Daine> ::Gives the creature an obscene gesture with his finger::
[20:49:46] * +Taenor grins ferally at the creature at the mention of a healer and at his companions gesture.
[20:50:24] <~Bynw> *he gives a slight bow* "Very well." *and turns back to Nym* "McKone is destroyed. Our 'brother' Kcor Resal has also been destroyed. And he was quiet the scholarly type. Not a man of action at all."
[20:51:36] <+Llanth> ::Mutters under his breath:: "Sounds familiar..." ::Glances at Mark::
[20:52:25] * +Mark shakes his head at Llanth. "Not til its over."
[20:52:27] <+Nym_Gibran> ::The fire of his Star Sword extinguishes as it shrinks back to the size of a dagger and in a smooth motion, he sheaths it."
[20:55:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His hand remains on his Star Sword as he speaks:: "My students have a certain...flair about them, but I'll assume that's as close to an appology as you're give."
[20:55:39] <+Taenor> *whispers To Daine* "Aww, and I was hoping for a decent fight for once."
[20:57:40] <+Daine> ::Turns to the others and whispers as well:: "It's not over yet Taenor. This guy is a liar. Anyone see those bat things leave? And was it my imagination or did the one you shot Llanth just vanish?"
[20:58:16] <~Bynw> "I alone have 2 gifts that our patron possessed. Kcor and McKone did not have either. I fear my immortality is running out. I can feel my Final Death approaching."
[20:58:31] <+Llanth> "Yes the ones I shot vanished."
[20:59:40] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes lock on the thing in front of him:: "You said McKone and Kcor are destroyed. What of the third?"
[21:00:30] * +Taenor has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[21:00:38] <+Nym_Gibran> "The third to inherit the power."
[21:01:07] <~Bynw> "Technically McKone was the fourth. Kcor was the third. I was the 2nd. And our patron was the 1st of the four."
[21:02:39] <~Bynw> "With our Patron's final death. Some of his power was seized by us and some of it lost forever to the void."
[21:02:53] <+Nym_Gibran> "Your patron? Latem? I had thought Latem left his powers to four, not three."
[21:03:16] Failed OPER attempt by ambush (~ambush@12-216-91-174.client.mchsi.com) using UID ursus [FAILEDAUTH]
[21:03:23] * ambush has joined #teara-adan
[21:03:40] * ambush is now known as Taenor
[21:03:53] <~Bynw> "Only 3. With McKone's passing. Some of his power was lost. Some of it was seized by Kcor and myself and some of it was siezed by his destroyer."
[21:04:57] <+Daine> ::Nods to Llanth:: "Anyone see them leave?" ::his voice trails off at the mention of the name Latem and he glances back for a moment, then resumes eye contact with the others::
[21:05:06] <~Bynw> "When I felt Kcor's passing. I seized most of his power. But again some is naturally lost. And some of it was seized again by his destroyer. The same destroyer."
[21:05:38] * +Mark decides to walk out
[21:06:11] * +Mark stands cautiously next to Llanth. "Any idea what is happening?"
[21:06:19] <~Bynw> "Small slivers of McKone's power rest in all he touched." *He looks toward the warded circle for a moment*
[21:06:38] <+Daine> ::Looks to Mark:: "Where are you going? Dammit!" ::he drops the ward in time that Mark doesn't rebound off the inside of it::
[21:06:56] <+Llanth> "Some."
[21:07:09] <+Mark> "I am a little... shaken up. Sorry."
[21:07:37] <+Daine> "You all know who McKone is. so it shouldn't be hard to guess who this thing is."
[21:08:06] <~Bynw> "So I give you a gift that I can give unto you. Since you are hear and that is what the divination said to do."
[21:08:48] <+Daine> ::lowers his voice again:: "I don't think those things where real. I think they were illusions this guy whipped up."
[21:10:00] <~Bynw> *the creature reaches into its clothing and possibly into its own ribcage and pulls out a glass jar with a wax lid on it. the contents are black and appears to move like a quivering mass of jelly. he hands it to Nym*
[21:10:07] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes go wide in surprise at the walking corpse and he takes a reflexive back step:: "You what?
[21:12:17] <~Bynw> "Take it" *he shakes the jar at Nym*
[21:12:58] <+Nym_Gibran> ::in a rare display his stoic expression breaks to show shock and distrust:: "Is it...is that your...is that your life force?"
[21:13:55] <~Bynw> "Not at all. It's a type of mold."
[21:14:57] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He reaches out to take the jar, but his hands pull back in hesitation:: "Will it harm me?"
[21:15:12] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes again lock with the creature's::
[21:15:41] <~Bynw> "It can. If you dont keep it in check. It did take down Mariabronn once."
[21:17:25] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He reaches out and takes the jar from Lancer's grasp with a look of suspicion. He takes a close look into it, but doesn't open it:: "Mold? Explain."
[21:18:32] * +Mark takes a step away from the jar
[21:18:47] <~Bynw> "Find a nice deep pit within your keep here and toss it down so the jar breaks open. This place should give it enough residual psychic energy for it to feed on without growing too much. But you might need to give it a blast of mental energy every now and again to keep the spores alive and breeding"
[21:19:14] <+Daine> ::Looks at the others for a moment:: "I'm going down. You coming?"
[21:20:35] <+Nym_Gibran> "You mentioned two powers left to you. Is this one?"
[21:21:15] <~Bynw> "Two gifts. This is one of them. None of the others had a chance to gain this item."
[21:22:45] <+Daine> ::Waves at the others to follow and jogs along the wall towards the keep, and beyond the stairs leading to the courtyard below:: "I want to see this guy closer."
[21:23:37] * +Mark follows Daine
[21:23:43] * Bynw sets mode: +v Taenor
[21:23:45] <+Taenor> *Tags along closely*
[21:23:51] * Bynw sets mode: -m
[21:24:36] <~Bynw> "I like, my patron. Can channel pure energy ... "
[21:26:05] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Holds the jar like it was a cross between a baby and a live rattlesnake::
[21:27:19] <~Bynw> "Be wary of the killer of McKone and Kcor Resal. He has powers greater than that of mortals. He is not exactly mortal any longer because of the power he has seized from us. I have things to do. I must prepare for my enemy to come."
[21:27:59] * Mark is now known as otter_2
[21:28:03] * otter_hates_DLS is now known as Mark
[21:28:10] * Bynw sets mode: +v Mark
[21:28:15] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyebrows knit:: "Do you know for sure who inherited their powers?"
[21:29:06] <~Bynw> *Lancer turns to see those approaching* "I know not his name. But I will be able to sense him and know. Just as I can since a small fragment of McKone in that one." *he points to the approaching Daine*
[21:30:18] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Daine with surprise. He studies Daine for a moment:: "What do these spores do?"
[21:31:47] <~Bynw> "Feed off of psychic energy. The more you give them. The more they will grow and cover it. It once covered a 3rd of Mariabronn. It was quiet humorus to watch those self-important lot attack it with they great powers and only make the problem bigger."
[21:31:52] <+Daine> ::Approches Lancer, he halts dead in his tracks as he mentions McKone:: "What?! Your lying!"
[21:33:24] <+Taenor> *Grabs Daine by the shoulders*"Calm down! You cant do anything to him!"
[21:34:21] <+Daine> ::His face red, he grinds his teeth and stares murder into Taenor's eyes::
[21:34:24] * TheDeryni has joined #teara-adan
[21:34:25] * +Llanth raises his eyebrow and mutters to himself "Interesting."
[21:34:46] <+Daine> roll 4df for willpower
[21:34:47] <+BoxCars> Daine rolls 4df for willpower and gets (+)(+)( )(+) Superb
[21:35:05] <~Bynw> *Lancer looks up in to the sky as it fills with silent darkness as the winged beasts again fill the sky swooping around the courtyard* "You are touched by my brother." *and Lancer is carried off by the beasts he has summond and the flock dispursess once again
[21:38:24] <~Bynw> *Tara comes out of the keep towards Nym and the others*
[21:38:33] * +Taenor stares down his companion, worried for the rage he sees in him.
[21:38:35] <+Daine> ::He breaths hard through his nose. His hand grips his pistol with white knuckle fury.:: "I ought to...I've never been close to McKone...you lying sack of bones" ::he clinches his eyes shut as he babbles into Taenor's face::
[21:40:01] * +Taenor slowly starts massaging Daine's shoulders, silently willing him to relax, to be at ease, to forget the rage and welcome peace and serenity.
[21:40:11] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Studies Daine with a thoughtful expression for a moment, then glances down at the jar::
[21:40:42] * +Llanth looks around "Seems Clear."
[21:40:57] <~Bynw> *the contents of the jar move slightly*
[21:40:59] * +Llanth heads down to the courtyard.
[21:41:33] <+Daine> ::Slaps Taenor's hands away and takes several paces away from the others, calming himself in private:: "I've never met McKone, or any of that lot. He's Lying!"
[21:41:58] <+Daine> ::His anger seems to have reached it's apex and is on the decline::
[21:42:16] * +Llanth walks up beside Daine.
[21:42:32] <+Llanth> It could be that one who was touched my McKone touched you.
[21:42:39] <+Taenor> "He might be since you've never met him. But remember, brother, friend, not all things are known yet, and more will most likely be revealed over time."
[21:42:52] <+Llanth> "I have a guess as to who that may be."
[21:44:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Rubs his chin in thought:: "Lord de Croix is telling the truth, or what he believes is the truth. I was truth reading him."
[21:45:01] <~Bynw> *tara* "Lord de Croix? ... That was Lancer?"
[21:45:07] <+Daine> ::looks up to Master Nym, now almost completely calm::
[21:46:05] <+Nym_Gibran> ::To Tara:: "I believe so. A legend in infamy."
[21:47:14] <~Bynw> "A very poweful sorcerer" *she says* "one of the founders of the southern circle, i do believe."
[21:49:24] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he sighs:: "If he is correct...Alec may have become a very great danger to himself. A very great danger."
[21:51:55] <+Daine> ::To Nym:: "You think your uncle is the one that thing spoke of, the one that has taken McKone's powers?"
[21:52:08] <~Bynw> *tara* "of course Lancer did become a Lich ... but hasnt been seen or heard from in centuries. why does he come now."
[21:53:08] <+Llanth> "Fear?"
[21:54:39] <+Nym_Gibran> "As he said, a divination. And if my uncle is the one that has taken Mckone and Kcor's power then that explains a great many things. It means Alec came here hunting him."
[21:56:40] <+Daine> ::Nods in agreement:: "I was there when Alec Gibran took my Master's head, I was inside the warded circle of the duel. Maybe that's what he meant by me being touched by McKone. It wasn't McKone at all, but Alec."
[21:58:45] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and looks to Tara:: "Perhaps this is what your Father spoke of as well."
[22:00:10] <~Bynw> *she rolls her eyes* "Like we will ever figure that one out ... his thoughts are so jumbled."
[22:01:59] <~Bynw> (( thats a wrap ))
[22:02:04] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his voice to be heard by everyone present:: "It seems I have some work to do." ::he indicates the jar in his arms:: "Speak to no one of this, especially these spores. They must remain a secret of House Horizon."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member