Session 27

Started by Bynw, 02 April 2014, 20:35:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

19:57 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
19:57 <~bynw> |          Session 27 - Imperial Dreams
19:57 <~bynw> |
19:57 <~bynw> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10511/Teara%20Adan/IMG_20131202_124517.jpg
19:57 <~bynw> | The skyship floats about 3 yards above the sandy
19:57 <~bynw> | shipyard in Hemmelhold. It has 3 decks, several
19:57 <~bynw> | cannons and a rope ladder to climb aboard. There
19:57 <~bynw> | are no other ships on the sandy grounds at the
19:57 <~bynw> | edge of the city. But looking back towards the
19:57 <~bynw> | rising hill of the city. There are several cave
19:57 <~bynw> | openings, large enough to move this ship through
19:57 <~bynw> | it without the masts in place.
19:57 <~bynw> | It has 2 large masts and sails with rigging.
19:57 <~bynw> | Looking up, one can see people on board, moving
19:57 <~bynw> | about. Preforming the tasks any ship would
19:57 <~bynw> | require. Even in a drydock.
19:57 <~bynw> | She is fairly good sized too. At 30 yards
19:57 <~bynw> | from bow to stern. The main body is 10 yards
19:57 <~bynw> | across and the front half of the ship is 6 yards
19:57 <~bynw> | across. There are wing-like gun ports at the side
19:57 <~bynw> | making the ship 14 yards across at the longest
19:57 <~bynw> | point.
19:58  * Alianna is still speechless about the gift of the ship.
19:59 <~bynw> ::Audric grabs hold of the rope ladder:: "Care to climb aboard?"
20:01 <~bynw> ::on the underbelly of the ship are large wooden panels, arranged much like Venetian blinds, some are moving slightly while others are not::
20:01  * Alianna smiles at Audric.  "Hell yes!"
20:07 <~bynw> ::Maylda takes to the ladder and begins to climb up::
20:08  * Alianna climbs up behind Maylda.
20:08 < Alderic> ::follows up the ladder::
20:10 <~bynw> ::once Alderic is up on the forecastle of the ship, there is a good sized cannon at the front bow as well as a ram, Audric climbs up himself to join them::
20:11 <~bynw> ::there are several people on board, checking the rigging and the like of the ship as Audric joins them::
20:13 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "So here we have the forecasle. Behind the front mast there is a hatch leading to the main deck and below that the lower deck. Or you can just go past the hatch and take the stairs to the main deck"
20:15  * Alianna looks over the ship, more and more pleased by the moment.
20:16 -!- Sarah_Dindin (Mibbit@OWIRCN-0873f4a9.dyn.centurytel.net) has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
20:18 < Alderic> ::smiles at Alianna:: "Life has certainly taken a turn for you my dear."
20:19  * Alianna laughs.  "No kidding."
20:20 <~bynw> ::Audric continues: "across and up the stairs is the quarterdeck and bridge of the ship. 2 more cannons on the aft and 2 hatches again leading blow deck. trim controlls are on the quarter deck. below are quarters, galley, weapon storage, brig. the usual"
20:21  * Alianna nods her head politely, taking in what he's saying as much with her eyes as with her ears.
20:21 -!- Sarah (Mibbit@OWIRCN-0873f4a9.dyn.centurytel.net) has joined #teara-adan
20:24 < Alianna> !df 4
20:24 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(+)(-)
20:25 -!- Sarah is now known as Maylda
20:29 < Alderic> "An incredibly generous gift Master Audric."
20:29 < Alianna> "Indeed."
20:30 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "You must travel and it always good to have base of operations. Someplace to retreat to if needed. Best if that is mobile as well."
20:32 <~bynw> ::several of the men who were working on this ship have completed their tasks and have climbed down the rope ladder, leaving about 3 men still working on the deck::
20:32  * Alianna noses around the rigging realizing that she understands how it works.
20:36 <~bynw> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10511/airship.png
20:36 <~bynw> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10511/airshipmap.png
20:43 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "so captain" ::he says to Alianna:: "The ship is yours. It doesn't have a name so you will need to take care of that too."
20:44 < Alianna> "I'll certainly give it some thought.  It needs to be a good one; she's a good ship."
20:44 <~bynw> ::he gestures towards the quaterdeck:: "Care to take her out?"
20:45 <~bynw> ::one of the other men still on the ship winds up the rope ladder::
20:45 < Alianna> "Well, she needs a name first."
20:46  * Alianna thinks a moment.  "She's the Aerie.  She'll be our own eagle's nest in the sky."
20:47 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "There are only 2 nations with aerial navies, most don't even know they exist."
20:48 < Alianna> "So much the better.  I like to be unique."
20:54 <~bynw> ::Audric glances down at the city just a few yards below:: "Excellent lets see what the Aerie can do"
20:54  * Alianna grins widely.  "Let's do it."
20:55  * Maylda plants her feet carefully and braces herself.
20:56 <~bynw> ::one of the other men is standing that wheel and other controls of the bridge on the quarterdeck, there is an elaberate compass and the controls for the trim which the man who was at the wheel goes over to when Alianna arrives::
20:57 < Alianna> "Okay, somebody's going to have to show me how this works differently from a seagoing ship, but it looks like you men have this girl well under control."
20:58 < Alderic> ::Heads to the quarterdeck between the two gun mounts to watch over the side::
20:58 <~bynw> ::one of the men starts to point out various similarites to a seagoing ship and the airship to Alianna::
20:58  * Alianna listens attentively and watches as he shows her.
20:59 < Alianna> "This really isn't all that different.  I'll leave her in your capable hands for now, but I think I can do it myself too."
21:01 <~bynw> ::the man nods and lashes the wheel so it doesn't turn before adjusting the trim leavers as the ship shakes a bit as it begins to rise::
21:02  * Alianna stands on the deck, steady of foot with no sign of nausea or unease.
21:03  * Maylda readjusts her footing.
21:03 <~bynw> ::the city shrinks below until the ship is above the trees enough that the tops will not touch the bottom of the ship::
21:05 <~bynw> ::the pilot then unlashes the wheel and turns the ship eastward as the sails catch the wind and begins to move and good clip::
21:06 < Alderic> ::Grabs hold of the rail and watches the city shrink below::
21:06 < Alianna> "Don't look down.  It only makes it worse."
21:07  * Maylda clears her throat and decides to sit on the deck instead of stand.
21:08 <~bynw> ::pilot:: "It's a good wind Captain. We will be able to make good time if it keeps up"
21:08 < Alianna> "Excellent."
21:12 < Alderic> ??how fast does it look like we're travelling??
21:13 <~bynw> !! about 25 miles per hour, faster than a horse
21:18 <~bynw> ::Audric comes up to the bridge:: "At this speed we should be at Kirsh inside of 7 days"
21:19 < Alderic> ::Looks to Audric:: "We?"
21:21 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "This ship requires a skeleton crew of 7"
21:22 < Alderic> "And your joining us?"
21:25 <~bynw> "I'm included in the 7. By tomorrow morning the council will get my resignation."
21:26 < Alianna> "WHAT?!"
21:29 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Watch our position. Once we get out of these mountains, we will have to adjust the trim again or we will drop sharply in altitude"
21:30 < Alderic> ::Looks impressed and a bit surprised at Audric::
21:33 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "But that wont be for a couple of days at least"
21:35 <~bynw> "So while you are flying around in the future. You will want to avoid flying over a couple of spots." ::he says to Alianna::
21:36 < Alianna> "Okay, yeah, the last thing I want to do is rip the keel out of this baby."
21:36 <~bynw> "Don't fly over Arrin or over Einar. Both of them have aerial navies. And if they find another flying ship or city above them. It wont be looked kindly upon."
21:36 < Alianna> "Duly noted."
21:37 <~bynw> ::one of the other crew men comes down from the rigging and goes over to the sitting Maylda:: "Maybe you should go below deck if you dont like being up here in the air"
21:39 -!- Maylda (Mibbit@OWIRCN-0873f4a9.dyn.centurytel.net) has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
21:42 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "We also have to be more careful of storms up here. At least we can possibly go above them if needed."
21:43 < Alianna> "Oh, that's convenient."
21:47 <~bynw> ::the crewman helps Maylda below deck::
21:48 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "There isnt much to do other than keep an eye on the weather. And relieve our poor pilot here every so often."
21:49 < Alianna> "Well, now that I see how it's done, I can give him a break."
21:52 < Alderic> ::To Audric:: "How does it float?"
21:56 <~bynw> "The wood panels on the bottom of the ship provide the lift. It appears to be a natural property of the wood. It can be enhanced by magic." ::Audric says::
21:59 < Alderic> "Where does the tree that provides the wood come from?"
22:03 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Einar has the largest groves. There are some rather unique trees in that forest."
22:05 <~bynw> "Einar has transplanted some sappling to their vassel kingdom in Kaec which seems to have taken root and they grow well there too. And there are some in Brennasharr as well."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member