Started by Bynw, 26 March 2014, 13:33:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:19 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:19 <~bynw> |          Session 26 - Imperial Dreams
20:19 <~bynw> |
20:19 <~bynw> | The magic has ran it's course. Some information
20:19 <~bynw> | has been gained. Yet more remains a mystery.
20:19 <~bynw> | The intelligent Owlbears have been killed as the
20:19 <~bynw> | day begins to wane.
20:19 <~bynw> | The 3 and their host have returned to the City's
20:19 <~bynw> | obeservation room. And Alderic has gone out of
20:19 <~bynw> | his way to insult their host, his pride and his
20:19 <~bynw> | intentions.
20:21 <~bynw> ::Audric watches the lengthening shadows outside the great window of the observation room in the palace overlooking the city:: "You may stay the night here in the palace or even in the city someplace. In the morning, you can be on your way. The mountains here are not all that forgiving to travellers not used to them."
20:24  * Maydla looks from Alderic to Alianna in question.
20:25 < Alderic> "And what of Chadwick?"
20:27 <~bynw> "What of him? He is in statis and will remain so ... it doesn't matter how long." ::Audric says:: "Unless you want to take him with you."
20:30 < Alderic> "I believe my father would like to try to pry his mind open for the secrets he hides."
20:31  * Alianna looks at Alderic.  "So we're going to take his static body to your DAD?!?"
20:36  * Maydla shifts uncomfortably.
20:36 < Alderic> "One of the most powerful Anadari alive and the only known person to have won Chadwick in a contest of mental prowess. No I mean to tell him Chadwick is here. He can get here on his own."
20:37 < Alderic> "Then we can go to Kirsh."
20:38 < Alderic> ::smiles wryly::
20:38 < Alianna> "Why Kirsh?"
20:40 < Alderic> "That is where Chadwick is from. It is where owlbears are known to be native. And it is the best possible place to find this 'Master', the owlbears speak of. Unless you can think of something I'm missing?"
20:40 < Alianna> "And here I thought the owlbears were some misbegotten creation of Chadwick's."
20:41 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "They are, but Alderic is right, both originated at Kirsh."
20:42  * Alianna nods.
20:48 < Alderic> "What are your intentions for Chadwick Master Audric?"
20:49 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Keep him in stasis until I can turn him over."
20:49 < Alianna> "Turn him over?  To whom?"
20:50  * Maydla raises an eyebrow at the turn this conversation has taken.
20:50 <~bynw> "Master Soltaari of the Anadari of course." ::Audric says::
20:52  * Alianna nods again.
20:58 < Alderic> "I can send a message to my father when we reach Kirsh. Maydia, Alianna, when you are done with your business here we will depart if that is fine with you?"
20:59 < Alianna> "I would like to pick up some more shot for the new pistol, but other than that, I can leave in the morning."
20:59 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "I'll need to know if you plan on taking Chadwick's body with you. There are things to prepair first if you are taking it."
21:00  * Maydla "All I would like to do is collect some of the herbs from the market on our way away from here in the morning."
21:00 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna and Maydia:: "I've no need of it. Do either of you?"
21:02  * Maydla shakes her head in the negative.
21:02 < Alianna> "No, the only thing I ever do with a body is throw it over the rail."
21:03 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "Well then. I shall bid you a good night. And see you off in the morning."
21:03 < Alianna> "Good night, my lord."
21:07  * Alianna considers telling Alderic off for being rude to Audric, but thinks it probably wouldn't do any good, and decides to go to her room for a nice bath and fresh clothing.
21:09 <~bynw> ::Audric leaves the observation room to attend other duties::
21:11 < Alderic> ::smacks his lips as if tasting something foul as Audric leaves, he watches Audric depart::
21:11  * Maydla leaves to borrow books from the library to take to her room to read overnight.
21:13 < Alderic> ::follows Maydia to the library, then takes a book for himself and a seat in the library::
21:13  * Alianna soaks in a warm bath, changes into a long nightshirt, combs out her thick red hair and plaits it, and goes to sleep in the comfortable bed.
21:14  * Maydla glances at Alderic on her way out of the library towards her rooms.
21:14 < Alianna> !df 4
21:14 <@ChanServ> Result: [ ]
  • [ ]
    21:15 < Alderic> ::Nods and smiles at Maydia::
    21:19  * Maydla nods at Alderic and exits the room, to read these borrowed books and fall asleep in her room in the midst of a long chapter.
    21:21 <~bynw> ::the sun streams through the windows, with a cool mountain breeze stiring the curtains::
    21:23  * Alianna wakes up, stretches, and gets out of bed.
    21:23  * Alianna shudders a bit remembering the dream she had overnight.
    21:24  * Alianna rubs her eyes.
    21:24  * Maydla awakes, dresses, packs her things, then quickly returns the borrowed books to the library as to not forget them.
    21:25  * Alianna remembers bright lights directly in her eyes, needles poking in her skin, and somebody messing around in her mind as if looking for something, but on waking, feels relatively normal.
    21:25  * Alianna looks through her belongings for the brush and powder she uses to clean her teeth to try to get the weird metallic taste out of her mouth.
    21:27  * Alianna , having cleaned her teeth, which helps to a degree, gets dressed in her undergarments, a flowing linen shirt, canvas breeches, and a wide leather belt from which hangs her pistols and shortsword.
    21:28  * Alianna pulls on her black leather boots and proceeds to the hallway to find some breakfast.
    21:28  * Maydla feels a tingle of unease and goes to visit with Alianna before gathering her things for the trip.
    21:28 < Alianna> "Hi Maydla.  How's your morning so far?"
    21:28 < Alderic> ::Wakes and casts a minor spell to clean himself and his clothes then gathers his things to depart and eats a bit of food from his pack for breakfast::
    21:29 < Maydla> To Alianna: "Fairs well, and yours? I felt a bit... uneasy so I can to visit with you."
    21:29 < Maydla> came*
    21:30 < Alianna> "I had a weird dream last night, but other than that, I'm doing all right."
    21:30 < Alianna> "Want to grab some breakfast before we head out?"
    21:31 < Alianna> "Also, I wanted to hit the weaponsmith's shop to get a little more shot for this new pistol."
    21:31  * Maydla raises an eyebrow but doesnt question the dream.
    21:31 < Maydla> "Sure, maybe some of the local fruit?"
    21:32 < Alianna> "Sounds good."
    21:32 < Maydla> "And while you are at the gunsmith, I can venture and find some foods that will travel well for us."
    21:32 < Alianna> "That sounds like a plan."
    21:33  * Maydla nods and walks with Alianna.
    21:34  * Alianna and Maydla stop near the dining room and pick up some fruit and cheese, and nibble while walking to the marketplace.
    21:35 <~bynw> ::a carriage is waiting outside for the trio. since the marketplace is a considerable distance to walk from the palace::
    21:38 < Alderic> ::Looks around for Maydla and Alianna inside the palace::
    21:40 <~bynw> ::one of the many household servents points Alderic in the right direction::
    21:42  * Alianna sees Alderic coming down the hallway to where the two women are near the carriage and asks the carriage driver to wait for him.
    21:43  * Maydla steps up into the carriage and settles by the far window.
    21:43 < Alderic> ::Meets the two outside as they are boarding the coach:: "Greetings my ladies. Do you wish a little company to the market?"
    21:44 < Alianna> "Sure.  Want something to eat?"  She offers him some of the fruit and cheese she and Maydla had picked up outside the dining hall.
    21:44 < Maydla> To Alderic: "Sure, hop in."
    21:46 <~bynw> ::the carriage driver takes them wherever they wish to go in the city. the marketplace is just opening and beginning to have a growing crowd::
    21:47 < Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "No, thank you." ::hops in::
    21:47  * Alianna boarded the carriage behind Maydla and nods to Alderic.  "Suit yourself, but it's good."
    21:48  * Maydla says to the driver: Please drop me off when you drop off Alianna, I wish to walk to the closest produce vendor to the gunsmith shop.
    21:50 <~bynw> ::the driver stops the carriage as close as he can to the desired area, as most of the market place is foot travel only and he waits::
    21:50  * Alianna gets out of the carriage, waits for Maydla and Alderic, and then heads toward the weaponsmith's shop where she bought the Zulu Arms gun to try to pick up more shot for it.
    21:51 < Alderic> ::Follows Alianna::
    21:52  * Alianna smiles at Alderic and continues on her way to the weaponsmith.
    21:53  * Alianna , arriving at the weaponsmith, greets the man at the stall.
    21:55  * Alianna compliments the weaponsmith on the efficiency and accuracy of the gun, buys her shot and powder, and turns to Alderic.  "Shall we find Maydla?  She said she was looking for travel food."
    21:55  * Maydla visits the fruit, vegetable, and dried/cured meat stands nearby; purchasing few items then inquiring about what items would travel best and keep up the nutrional needs of the travelers.
    21:57 < Alderic> ::Nods to Alianna:: "Lead the way  my lady."
    21:57  * Maydla listens intently so an elderly couple operating a bread and grain area opposite the fruit stands as they inform her of how to create a tasty bread from her meager items.
    21:57 < Maydla> to*
    21:58  * Alianna and Alderic find Maydla as she is getting instructions on bread-making.  "Okay, I got what I came for. How are we doing on provisions?"
    22:00 < Maydla> "I was about to find you two and ask if you wanted anything in particular for the journey ahead. These lovely people are full of knowledge and have agreed to give us dry mixtures to which I can add water and natural ingredients for breads and cakes.
    22:00 < Maydla> "
    22:00 < Alianna> "Ooh, sounds like a plan.  But we can't carry much, so it needs to pack small."
    22:01 < Alianna> "And not be too heavy to carry."
    22:02 < Maydla> "I believe their dry goods come in small packages and create dough that may rise fairly well."
    22:02 < Alianna> "Oh good."
    22:03 < Alderic> ::Produces enough gold for five pounds of the mixes::
    22:03 < Alderic> "Five pounds please." ::Smiles to the stall vendor::
    22:04 < Alderic> ::To Maydla:: "Do you think that is enough or should we double that?"
    22:05  * Maydla blinks owlishly at Alderic.
    22:05 < Maydla> "That should be more than plenty for us. How long were you thinking we were to be traveling?"
    22:05 < Alderic> ::Produces more gold from his sack and hands that to the vendor:: "Yes, double that please if you could."
    22:06 <~bynw> ::the vendor doubles their order::
    22:06  * Alianna raises her eyebrows, but starts considering how to pack it so no one person has to carry too much.
    22:06 < Maydla> To Alderic and Alianna both: "Should I acquire more produce from the cured meat stand and fruit stand as well?"
    22:06 < Alderic> ::Looks to Maydla a bit quizically:: "I'm not sure. perhaps a decade. Though that's really just a rough estimate."
    22:07 < Alderic> ::Stuffs the entire order into his sack....though the sack doesn't seem to get any more full::
    22:07  * Alianna looks at Alderic.  "A decade?  As in ten years?  How far is this place?"
    22:08 < Maydla> "Holy cow..."
    22:09  * Alianna looks at Maydla in agreement.
    22:09  * Maydla quickly regains her composure and calculates how much of what fruits and meats would be appropriate for such a long voyage.
    22:09 < Alderic> ::Looks to Alianna, now genuinely confused:: "Distance is an illusion. All points exists at all places as described in Xander's thoughts on the formulas of space."
    22:10  * Alianna rolls her eyes at Alderic.  "Okay, smartass.  It's seriously going to take ten years to get where we're going?"
    22:10 < Maydla> To Alderic: We need about twice the meat I have already acquired, plus fresh game while we travel, as well as what fruits nature will hopefully provide...."
    22:11 < Maydla> "We need to revisit the produce and meat stalls to acquire twice the meat and thrice the fruits I have already gotten. That much I am certain of, with nature's help. But... how the heck are we going to carry so much with us?"
    22:11 < Alderic> ::Stops and shakes his head:: "We? Oh you mean Kirsh? I'm sorry I thought...well I meant me. before I settle. Or atleast return to where I came from."
    22:13 < Alderic> "As space is relative to time and all places exist in one spot, all time exists at once. But we should arrive in Kirsh before sundown, depending how long you take to close up your business. Am I being confusing?" ::looks as if that is an honest question::
    22:14  * Alianna rolls her eyes again and turns to Maydla.  "I think what you have is probably plenty, especially allowing for hunting, fishing, and foraging."
    22:15  * Maydla sighs. "I will never get used to his way of speaking... ever. I'd like to have a little more of the dry spices I acquired then we may go. The fruit stand had them and they smell wonderful and made my head feel much better."
    22:16 < Alianna> "Okay, sounds good."
    22:16 <~bynw> ::most of the stands are open air, very few standing structures in the marketplace, unless they are needed for the wares, the crowd is parting and somewhat annoyed as the carriage comes closer to where the trio are gathering their provisions::
    22:17  * Maydla quickly purchases the aforementioned spice mixture and returns to Alianna's side.
    22:17 < Alderic> ::Buys ten pounds of dried meats, clearing an entire merchant out, and again stuffs it into his sack::
    22:17  * Alianna approaches the carriage.
    22:18 <~bynw> ::the driver climbs down and opens the door::
    22:19 < Alderic> "Excuse me ladies. Where are you taking us?"
    22:19  * Alianna waits for Maydla to hop in first and listens as Alderic addresses the driver.
    22:19 <~bynw> ::driver:: "the shipyards"
    22:19 < Alianna> "Why?"
    22:19  * Maydla waits to hear the driver's response before settling into the carriage.
    22:20 < Alderic> ::Looks excided:: "Oh! There is a transfer portal there still in operation?"
    22:20 <~bynw> ::driver:: "yes there is"
    22:21 < Alderic> ::Hops in:: "Excellent! Drive on then."
    22:21  * Maydla follows Alderic into the carriage.
    22:21  * Alianna follows Maydla.
    22:22 <~bynw> ::as the tri climb into the carriage they realize that there is a 4th person sitting inside already. it is Audric. the carriage drives on::
    22:22  * Alianna regards Audric with some surprise.  "Good morning, my lord."
    22:22 < Alderic> "Ah, Master Audric. Good morn."
    22:23 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "When you signed up for this gig. You were promsised compensation. I am here to make sure you are compensated"
    22:23  * Maydla nods in quiet recognition of Audric.
    22:24 <~bynw> ::Audric pulls up a small lap sized chest and opens it facing the others. it is full of gold and silver coins:: "Split this however you desire"
    22:24  * Alianna regards the open chest with some interest, but looks to Alderic before so much as reaching.
    22:25  * Maydla does not look at the chest, but watches the interaction of the three others.
    22:25 <~bynw> ::he then produces a much smaller box, held within 1 hand, made of ash and decorated in glyphs of power that any one remotely skilled in magic would recognize as protection wards::
    22:26 <~bynw> ::Audric hands it over to Alderic:: "This is yours"
    22:26 < Alderic> ::Takes the object and opens it::
    22:26 < Alderic> ::sees the wards and thinks twice::
    22:26 < Alderic> ::Leaves it closed:: "What is it?"
    22:27 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "you can open it, power stones for your magical use"
    22:27 <~bynw> ::Audric hands Maydla a much smaller box, without warding::
    22:28  * Maydla takes the box and sends and asks Audric, "And what is this?"
    22:29 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "As an Anadari you prize your mental abilities. There are 6 vials of a potion within that will increase your powers considerabily with each dose"
    22:31 < Alderic> ::Bows at the neck to Audric:: "I accept your gift humbly. Thank you very much. But I'm afraid I cannot accept payment. I chose a side Audric, that means working without need of compensation. But again thank you, I'm sure Alianna can make use of it for a new ship." ::looks a bit sad and wearly at Audric:: "Perhaps
    22:31 < Maydla> "I thank you for the gift, I am sure it will come in handy."
    22:31 < Alderic> ::Pockets the stones and pushes the chest towards Alianna with his toe::
    22:32 < Alianna> "I don't think it's exactly fair for me to take all this money.  Alderic, you've spent plenty of funds on this journey, and Maydla has done a lot to contribute to our success so far."
    22:33  * Maydla to Alianna: I will only accept what I gave used for supplies and what I need to acquire more for our journey."
    22:33 < Maydla> have*
    22:33 < Alianna> "I think we should split it right down the middle, evenly three ways."
    22:34 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "You may do as you wish with the coins including leave them behind if you wish." ::he says as the carriage comes to a stop::
    22:34 < Alianna> "Normally, on board ship, I take a larger share because I'm the captain, but I have in no way been in charge here, and I don't think we could have done this without all three of us."
    22:34 < Alderic> ::Smiles at Alianna:: "Please, take it. I've no need for more coin."
    22:35  * Maydla raises a hand to halt conversation a moment.
    22:35 <~bynw> ::Audric opens the door and steps out. He gestures of the others to do the same::
    22:35  * Alianna regards Maydla.
    22:35 < Maydla> "Why don't we simply hold onto this coin until we have actual use for it, then we can come to some sort of agreement later on?"
    22:36  * Alianna nods.  "That seems fair.  Any of us can use it if need arises."
    22:36  * Alianna picks up the small chest, closes and locks it, and gets out of the carriage.
    22:37  * Maydla follows Alianna out of the carriage and places her small chest into her shoulder bag.
    22:37 < Alderic> ::Follows the two::
    22:37  * Alianna grabs her seabag with her belongings in it from the back of the carriage.
    22:37 <~bynw> ::Audric looks at Alianna and then looks across from the carriage:: "And this is yours"
    22:38 <~bynw> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10511/Teara%20Adan/IMG_20131202_124517.jpg
    22:38 < Alianna> "An AIRSHIP?"
    22:38 < Alianna> "Are you serious?"
    22:39 <~bynw> ::the ship is floating above the ground of the 'shipyard' by nearly 3 yards, a rope ladder leads up to its upper deck. it has at least 3. and several cannons can be seen easily::
    22:39  * Maydla smiles warmly at the situation.
    22:39 < Alianna> "How different are they to sail from a seagoing ship?"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member