20:02 <~bynw> |------------------------------------------------
20:02 <~bynw> |          Session 24 - Imperial Dreams
20:02 <~bynw> |
20:02 <~bynw> | Hidden away in their secure valley, the people
20:02 <~bynw> | of Hemmelhold work to build a copy of Chadwick's
20:02 <~bynw> | tower and it's throne room. Here they will move
20:02 <~bynw> | the intelligent owlbears and attempt to extract
20:02 <~bynw> | information from them on Leopold's where-abouts.
20:02 <~bynw> | The plan was formed by Alderic, who will use his
20:02 <~bynw> | magic to convince the owlbears that he is Chadwick
20:02 <~bynw> | reborn.
20:02 <~bynw> | The waiting seems to take forever but allows the
20:02 <~bynw> | trio to both relax and prepare for the coming
20:02 <~bynw> | confrontations.
20:04 <~bynw> *Maylda spends time practicing with her quarterstaff and in meditation, sharpening her mind and body*
20:05 < Alderic> ::Spends the time reading books from the library's of Hemmelhold::
20:05  * Alianna sharpens her sword and daggers and makes sure she has shot and powder for her pistol.
20:07 <~bynw> *the gunsmiths of Hemmelhold have an abundance of shot and power available. more than any other gunsmith Alianna has ever encountered. even in the most shady of harbor towns*
20:09 < Alianna> "So how do you have this much stuff when you spend most of your time in the air?"
20:09 <~bynw> *in the strongest of terms, they warn her not to mix any remaining old power with the new. and to use up the old first*
20:09 < Alderic> ::Gives Alianna a small gem to barter in the markets for a finely crafted gun from the smiths in Hemmelhold::
20:10  * Alianna smiles.  "Thank you, Alderic."
20:10 < Alderic> "Thank you for staying." ::smiles::
20:10  * Alianna goes promptly to the markets to find a nice new gun.
20:10 <~bynw> ::gunsmith:: "Just because we are a floating city. doesn't mean we don't have arms and protection from those who would attempt to invade us. and we do spend months at a time on the ground just as we are now. it does make trade easier from time to time."
20:10  * Alianna nods.
20:12 <~bynw> *the prices are lower than Alianna is commonly used to paying and she can tell by the grind that the quality is superior.*
20:16  * Alianna smiles and selects a very well-crafted pistol similar to the one she already has along with some shot and powder for it.
20:17 <~bynw> * Alianna does find another pistol, much like her own. but with high craftsmanship to it. it is stamped in the metal with the mark of the gunsmith that fordged it*
20:18 < Alianna> "This is very nice work."
20:20 <~bynw> *the gunshop keeper* "Oh yes" *he turns the weapon over showing the gunsmith mark* "Zulu Arms" *he says* "The finest weapons in Arrin come from them. They supply the Arrin Military."
20:20  * Alianna nods.  "That's good to know."
20:23  * Alianna smiles at the shop keeper and exchanges the small gem for the shiny new gun.
20:24 <~bynw> *Hemmelhold has several libraries. 2 of which are public, and there are several in private homes and within the palace itself*
20:25 < Alderic> ::Spends his days reading volumes in the palace library::
20:26  * Alianna returns to the palace and in her rooms, puts on a fairly heavy belt with the two pistols in holsters, her sword, and her daggers in their sheaths.
20:31 <~bynw> ::Audric Schear finds Alderic in the library:: "A studious man I see. What is it about books that attracts so many different people." ::he says as he runs his fingers across the spines of several books on a nearby shelf::
20:34 < Alderic> ::Looks up from his book:: "A chance to live life from another perspective I guess."
20:36 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "I should write about that experience then." ::he has in his other hand a rolled up piece of parchment::
20:37 < Alderic> ::Looks confused:: "What experience?" ::looks to the paper in his hand::
20:41 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "The experience of life from other perspectives of course." ::looks at the parchment:: "This is why I came looking for you." ::he hands the paper over to Alderic::
20:42 <~bynw> "Any news that mentions Kirsh should be looked at closely. Given the history of that place." ::Audric says:: "It doesn't come in the news everyday you know."
20:43 < Alderic> ::Takes the parchment and reads it with curiousity::
20:52 < Alderic> ::Hands the parchment back to Audric:: "What do you make of it?"
20:53 <~bynw> ::Audric:: "I don't know. But it warrents watching and even an investigation." ::he takes the paper back::
20:54 <~bynw> "I also came to tell you we should be ready with the mock up of Chadwick's tower and moving the owlbears within an hour."
20:57 < Alderic> ::Closes his book and sets it down:: "Then it is time I started preperations."
20:58 -!- Alianna is now known as Baroness_Folkston
20:58 <~bynw> ** THE COURT OF ADAN, 36 HOURS AGO **
21:00 <~bynw> ::Lord Rerig, a Dwarven lord of Kirsh:: "And I tell you. These creatures are very much real. They have murdered my clan. And nearly killed me as well." ::he shows bite marks on his arms and legs as well as other fresh battle scars::
21:02 -!- Alderic is now known as Lord_Killdeer
21:02 <~bynw> ::Lord Rerig:: "And Lord Benedict, our Earl. Has not replied to any form of communication. Mundane or magical. I fear the other clans may have been attacked as well."
21:05 <~bynw> ::minor lord:: "What proof do you have of these tales Rerig? You dwarves have always sought to keep everyone out of Kirsh. This is just another tale too keep the meek and timid away."
21:07 <~bynw> ::Rerig shreiks in anger:: "Proof? How dare you claim this is a ploy. My family is murdered and you call me a liar!" ::he reaches into his travelling bag and tosses the contents out across the floor of the Court::
21:07 <~bynw> *it is a head
21:07 <~bynw> *unlike any seen before
21:09 <~bynw> *around the same size of that of a man or dwarf but full of sharp and jagged teeth
21:10 <~bynw> *little hair on the head or face
21:10 <~bynw> *broad face with a flat nose and greyish skin tone
21:11 < Lord_Killdeer> ::Swirls his wine in it's cup, looking in disgust at the head:: "We all share your anger at this heinous act Lord Rerig. But this could be an isolated incident my lord. Kirsh occasionally...spits up mutations, you know this...."
21:11 <~bynw> *the sight of which causes some of the nobles present to gasp*
21:12 < Lord_Killdeer> "Perhaps a committee could be convened to choose a scouting party...." ::Looks about the hall for a reaction to his suggestion::
21:14 <~bynw> ::Lord Rerig:: "All of 'occasional' mutations of Kirsh are caused by ill fated magic use, and not anything natural"
21:17 < Lord_Killdeer> ::Nods to Lord Rerig:: "Oh course Lord Rerig, of course. The tunnels below Kirsh abound with twisted creatures that occasionally venture out. I'm sure the committee will take your account of events in mind when they decide if a scouting party is warrented."
21:18 < Lord_Killdeer> ::Smiles reassuringly at Lord Rerig::
21:19 < Lord_Killdeer> "These mutants will be rounded up and destroyed if they still live I assure you."
21:19 <~bynw> ::the widowed Countess Lady Acadia:: "I agree with Lord_Killdeer. Lord Benedict is a good friend and I would hate to see any harm come to him or his people. You know of my dear friendship with your Lord" ::she says with a nod to Rerig::
21:20 <~bynw> ::another minor lord poking the head with a dagger:: "If magic is involved the Spectrals must be called to investigate"
21:22 <~bynw> ::Lord Rerig:: "Spectrals? They have their own motives, always for "the good of Adan" they say. But what do they not tell us? We are their Lords. I say we call for Imperial intervention to assure the investigation is on the level."
21:26 -!- Baroness_Folkston [~owner@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
21:29 < Lord_Killdeer> ::Smiles reassuringly:: "I'm not sure what you mean Lord Rerig. The spectral order is a myth, a fantasy told by old men to make themselves feel important. Please, be my guest at my estates until this matter can be resolved." ::motions to his servants to gather up Rerig's things::
21:29 < Lord_Killdeer> "Let me ease your mourning."
21:45 < Lord_Killdeer> ::Motions for his servants to take Lord Rerig's things and gather them up for transport::
21:45 <~bynw> ::Lord Rerig gives the servents of Killdeer a look that could kill and they halt not sure which lord they want to offend::
21:45 < Lord_Killdeer> ::hesitates, then waves his servants away::
21:47 <~bynw> ::His Majesty, George Samuel Nym Darion de Castle, King of Adan. Raps his staff on the floor of the chamber from his throne where he has sat listening to the debate::
21:48 <~bynw> "We thank you for your offer of hospitallity Lord Killdeer. It will not go unnoticed. Lord Rerig is going to be needed to guide Our investigation into the tunnels of Kirsh. He cannot yet rest."
21:49 <~bynw> "Further, Lord Rerig. This is wholey an Adanian matter. It need not concern the Empire or furtune hunters come to lay claim to Dwarven treasures and relics of Kirsh in the name of hunting monsters. We shall handle this Ourselves."
21:51 < Lord_Killdeer> ::Bows at the neck to the king, knowing better than to offer an objections::
21:51 < Lord_Killdeer> ((any objections))
21:53 <~bynw> ::the King continues:: "We shall use every means at Our disposal to find and remove the monsters from Kirsh. Including myths and legends if necessary as Kirsh itself is a legend. This head will be the start. There are Court wizards who can learn a great deal from it."
21:53 < Lord_Killdeer> "I offer my assistance on this expedition your Majesty, with your approval of course?"
21:56 <~bynw> ::the King nods to Lord Killdeer:: "The young are always bold to enter into the unknown. For now this matter is at hand. Our Royal commissioners will draw up the appropriate warrents and issue the edicts in Our name." ::he raps his staff signalling the next item before the Court::
21:56 <~bynw> ** 40 HOURS LATER BACK IN HEMMELHOLD **
21:57 <~bynw> ::Audric summons the 3 back to the observation room::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member