[19:54] <~bynw> | the others are waiting for Alderic to
[19:54] <~bynw> | return so they can begin his ritual
[19:54] <~bynw> | of empowerment. And then he can use
[19:54] <~bynw> | those powers and others to confront
[19:54] <~bynw> | Leopold.
[19:54] <~bynw> |
[19:54] <~bynw> | Alderic and Elden are preparing to
[19:54] <~bynw> | leave their underground sanctuary and
[19:54] <~bynw> | rejoin the others in Torr.
[19:54] <~bynw> |
[19:54] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[19:54] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:56] <~bynw> ** LOCATION: Underground Sanctuary **
[19:57] <~bynw> ::after a few hours of sleep and rest Elden wakes up Alderic:: "It is almost time to go but we have 2 things to do first."
[20:07] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I have a spell you need to cast. I have its formulea down for a spellcaster of your abilities" ::he says holding up a few sheets of parchment:: "It is necessary and you will find it useful anyway."
[20:16] <Alderic> ::Takes the parchment and studies it:: "What is it meant to bring about?"
[20:17] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "It will create a permanent 'bag of holding' type effect, without the bag, that is always with you. It comes in handy."
[20:20] <~bynw> ::Elden makes a gesture in the air and is suddenly holding one of the largest magical power stones Alderic has ever seen:: "Use this too to draw mana from. As much as you need to have the spell work completely."
[20:25] <Alderic> ::smiles and his eyes twinkle with delight as he gently takes the stone::
[20:25] <Alderic> "That does sound handy."
[20:26] <Alderic> "Should I cast it before we depart?"
[20:26] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes I it needs to be cast now before we leave."
[20:27] <Alderic> ::nods::
[20:28] <Alderic> ::He takes a deep breath and grips the stone in one hand and the parchments in the other."
[20:29] <Alderic> ::He begins chanting under his breath, the chant rising in volume as he continues on. With the stone he draws diagrams of power in the air in front of him drawing out it's power to help fuel the casting::
[20:29] <Alderic> !df 4
[20:29] <@ChanServ> Result: [ ][-][+][ ]
[20:32] <Alderic> ::the last few words are a shout and the stone smolders. For a moment a thin tear in the fabric or reality can be seen as he 'draws' it with the stone, and then it fades out of vision. Sweat beads his forehead and he stumbles a bit and catches himself on the wall::
[20:33] <Alderic> ::in a breathy voice:: "Well I don't think your stone is will be much use to you after this Master Elden."
[20:34] <~bynw> ::Elden smiles in both awe and being pleased:: "Its served its use."
[20:36] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "And now the last thing before we leave and one of the most difficult as well." ::he begins while pulling the black iron javalin out of his own hidden of folded space::
[20:36] <Alderic> ::takes another deep breath and lets it out slowly, then straightens himself and pushes off the wall with a smile::
[20:38] <~bynw> ::Elden holds the javalin in both his hands outstreached. He closes his eyes for a moment whispering to himself as he does so::
[20:40] <Alderic> ::looks warily at the Javelin::
[20:41] <~bynw> ::he opens his eyes:: "Open your hands and I will hand you this weapon. It will feel unnaturally cold. Don't resist anything you feel of it. I will not let go of it either until I am reasonably certain it will not attempt to kill you."
[20:42] <Alderic> ::raises an eyebrow at Elden, but nods slowly::
[20:42] <Alderic> ::Opens his hands palms up infront of him::
[20:43] <~bynw> ::Elden slowly lays the javelin on Alderic's open palms::
[20:44] <Alderic> ::grimaces at the cold::
[20:47] <Alderic> ::inhales sharply, his eyes seemed focused elsewhere:::
[20:48] <Alderic> "What have you done!?"
[20:49] <~bynw> "What was necessary." ::Elden says releasing the javelin completely to Alderic::
[20:53] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I told you at the council that I was capable of committing cold blooded murder. Its not an easy thing to live with at all. I justify it in my mind. But there will be an accounting some day."
[20:55] <Alderic> ::Looks warily at Elden:: "perhaps. I suppose only you know the right or wrong of your actions Elden. They certainly happened long ago. Send a monster to kill a monster eh?"
[20:55] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I would hide in a fake wooden shell so it looks like a staff when you battle Leopold. But in the meantime it can stay in your pocket."
[20:56] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "That was the idea. It would save you or someone else from having to become a monster. But it was not meant to be it seems."
[21:01] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Put it away and we can leave."
[21:02] <Alderic> ::smiles weakly at Elden:: "We all have an accounting coming someday Elden. I simply wish my philosophy to endure and my enemy will not have it. That's reason enough for me to plunge this into his heart." ::his yellow/gold eyes take a savage cast for a moment::
[21:03] <Alderic> ::opens the fold in space and shoves the javelin in to it and closes it::
[21:05] <Alderic> "For some, that is all they can ever understand and no one will change that for them. Leopold is such a thing."
[21:05] <~bynw> ::Elden leads Alderic back to the lift and enters the small room::
[21:13] <~bynw> ::once Alderic joins Elden in the lift Elden closes the door and says:: "Promenade" ::in Arrinic and the lift rises back towards their point of entry::
[21:14] <~bynw> ::the dark stone cut cave that lights up as the lift comes to a stop::
[21:15] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Come over here, and we can magically teleport out back to Torr. Probably the Library as its the easiest place to get to after all."
[21:15] <Alderic> ::Nods and follows Elden::
[21:20] <~bynw> ::Elden casts the spell of telportation and the two are standing many miles to the south and well above ground at the customary location of telporting travellers wishing to use Torr's Great Library::
[21:21] <~bynw> ::Ibly, without turning around as he gazes across the bay:: "Our friends have returned Alianna."
[21:23] * Alianna turns around.
[21:26] <~bynw> ::Ibly turns around behind Alianna:: "Ladies first if you wish to rejoin them."
[21:27] * Alianna walks over to where Alderic and Elden are, although she is wary of letting Ibly follow her too closely.
[21:29] <~bynw> ::Ibly does follow, like a cat stalking its prey. Walking without a sound. Quiet as the grave::
[21:29] <Alderic> ::grins at Alianna as she approches:: "Ah the pirate queen."
[21:30] * Alianna reaches Alderic and turns so that she can see all three men.
[21:30] * Alianna grins back at Alderic, a bit uneasily because of Ibly.
[21:31] <Alderic> ::glances at Ibly with a slight nod of recognition:: "Ibly."
[21:33] <~bynw> ::Ibly nods back at him:: "Your highness. Temere wanted me to tell him when you were back. I believe they are ready for you."
[21:33] <Alderic> ::notices Alianna's unease and looks a bit puzzled for a moment, then recognition dawns and his eyes slide back to Ibly::
[21:35] <Alderic> "Excellent. Is everything...okay Prince?" ::he pointedly glances at at Alianna::
[21:36] * Alianna looks over at Alderic and smiles gratefully.
[21:37] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "Everything is alright. The Library took some getting used to."
[21:39] <Alderic> ::smiles back at Alianna, then returns his gaze to Ibly:: "Alianna hasn't touched you in an inappropriate manner has she?" ::grins, showing his own slightly pointed incisors::
[21:40] * Alianna looks at Alderic in some alarm.
[21:40] <Alderic> ::Laughs aloud at Alianna's look::
[21:41] <~bynw> ::Maylda comes to the doors of the Library and stopping when she sees the others:: "They .... we ... are ready for you Alderic." ::she says looking very nervious::
[21:41] * Alianna looks over at Maydla with obvious relief.
[21:42] <Alderic> ::straightens his face and nods to Malda:: "Let's depart then, before it becomes awkward." ::chuckles a bit::
[21:42] <~bynw> ::Elden to Alianna:: "You are surrounded by monsters my Lady. Dragons, half dragons. The undead. An murderers. You keep interesting company."
[21:43] * Alianna shrugs.  "I'm a pirate by trade, a sea dog by nature.  Weird things seem to happen around me."
[21:43] <~bynw> ::Maydla leads Alderic away from the Library to the room that Nym has choosen and prepaired for his empowerment ritual::
[21:50] <~bynw> :: While Alderic's empowerment ritual is being conducted the others who are not involved spend the hours at the Library and the palace apartments granted to them for their stay ::
[21:50] <~bynw> :: It isn't until the next afternoon that the others are once again reunited ::
[21:52] * Alianna comes out of her guest apartment to see Alderic and Maydla.
[21:53] <~bynw> ::Iby looks refreshed and ready::
[21:53] <~bynw> ::Temere and D'nar are well pleased with the working of the previous day::
[21:55] <~bynw> ::Elden isn't paying attention to anyone at the meeting point. He is very intent on his own magical portal object.:
[21:56] <Alderic> ::His clothes are cleaned and pressed, but he seems distracted. Sometimes glancing at things as if seeing them for the first time, sometimes his eyes focus inward on some internal dialogue::
[21:57] <Alderic> :The travel worn leather bag he always carriers with him is absent::
[22:01] <~bynw> ::Elden speaks without looking up:: "We need your doorway to the council room Temere. As soon as Nym is get here we need to talk." ::he says with a bit of urgency in his voice::
[22:02] <~bynw> ::Temere summons the doorway to the council room:: "It's ready now" ::He opens the door and steps in, followed by D'nar and then Ibly::
[22:04] <Alderic> ::Nym comes along following the others::
[22:05] <Alderic> ::Follows the others with a raised eyebrow:;
[22:05] * Alianna follows Alderic.
[22:05] <~bynw> ::Maydla follows Alianna and Elden is the last to enter::
[22:06] <~bynw> ::Again like before, everyone is Mind-Seen by the Boradah. A new experence from Alderic's perspective this time however::
[22:07] <Alderic> ::stumbles a bit and glares at the Bordah as he passes by it::
[22:07] <~bynw> ::At the council table Elden speaks:: "The magical artifact I have that can block psychic abilities has stopped working. I'm not sure what is wrong with it."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member