[19:23:43] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #Teara-Adan with 1300ms delay
[19:23:45] <.Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:23:46] <.Bynw> |   The Winds of Change - Episode 44
[19:23:47] <.Bynw> |
[19:23:49] <.Bynw> |      Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:23:50] <.Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:23:51] <.Bynw> | General Ryethon has died of the plague
[19:23:53] <.Bynw> | just as the Warp Wood general before
[19:23:54] <.Bynw> | him and the previous high lords.
[19:23:55] <.Bynw> |
[19:23:57] <.Bynw> | Bishop Nidar has ridden through the
[19:23:58] <.Bynw> | night. And falling victim to the ill
[19:23:59] <.Bynw> | attacks of the paranoid lords. He was
[19:24:01] <.Bynw> | healed during the night by the Queen
[19:24:02] <.Bynw> | who now sleeps due to her extensive
[19:24:03] <.Bynw> | use of her Deryni talents.
[19:24:04] <.Bynw> |
[19:24:06] <.Bynw> | The Bishop begins to stir as the
[19:24:07] <.Bynw> | morning sunlight filters in on the
[19:24:08] <.Bynw> | lords camp.
[19:24:10] <.Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:24:11] <.Bynw> | Today's Game Date: 19 Novembre 463 NE
[19:24:12] <.Bynw> |         Game Time: early morning
[19:24:14] <.Bynw> |
[19:24:15] <.Bynw> |        End of Adventure Recap
[19:24:16] <.Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:24:16] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:27:25] <+Seth> ::sips a cup of black bean tea, uncharacteristically, he has risen before the sun. Also unlike himself, he seems worried to distraction::
[19:27:32] * +Coch returns from walking the perimeter of the camp
[19:27:44] <.Bynw> *Bishop Nidar opens his eyes. they are somewhat bloodshot*
[19:29:34] <+Seth> ::Approches the prone form of the bishop and kneels next to him:: "Your Grace." ::gently takes the bishops hand and kisses his ring:: "You are a lone ray of light in our troubled times. Thank the lord you are alright."
[19:30:37] <.Bynw> "Seth?" *the bishop closes his eyes*
[19:31:38] <+Seth> "Yes your grace, ease your mind, you are among friends. Do you remember what happened to you?"
[19:31:55] * +Coch notices Seth at Bishop Nidar and joins him
[19:32:26] <+Seth> ::Cautions Coch with a finger across his lips to be silent for a moment::
[19:33:05] <.Bynw> *the bishop breathes heavily for a moment* "Share that tea with me and help me to sit up."
[19:33:23] * +Coch nods in understanding
[19:33:26] <+Seth> ::Does as the Bishop directs::
[19:34:03] <+Seth> "Do you recall what happened your Grace?"
[19:35:57] <.Bynw> *the bishop takes a drink of the tea* "The day after you left. Chadwick comes into the capital and the palace where we are holding court as your regents. He tells us that he has been charged in the protection of the city from attack. We know this to be true and allow him to take the means necessary."
[19:38:04] * +Seth nods
[19:38:10] <.Bynw> "He then creates a wall of plants around the city. By the end of the day the wall is a twisting maze of vines and trees. Nigh passable from the outside."
[19:41:05] <.Bynw> "During the night. While we slept in peace and solitude that we were safe from attack. We are betrayed. Chadwick's army of druids and beasts set upon the palace and eccessiastical guards. Killing them all. They turned next on any town leaders that attempted to oppose them. Even Master Seafort's men were killed."
[19:42:33] <+Seth> ::His lips begin to curl into a snarl::
[19:44:01] <.Bynw> *he takes another drink of the tea* "Have anything stronger than this?" *he takes another drink*
[19:44:04] <.Bynw> "They secured the portal in the palace. Then attempted to take the portal in the cathedral. Father Pele stopped a dozen of his men and beasts. Giving me time to flee."
[19:48:03] <.Jack> "So first Chadwick defended the city, then he attacked it?"
[19:48:12] <+Seth> ::Nods:: "We heard a horse coming up the path towards us and then a shot from a gun. Some form of scout or spy must have just missed you, your speed making you a difficult target. Lord Coch was first on the scene. The scout was kneeling with knife ready to slit your throat. I have never seen a more heroic display of speed and martial prowess then Lord Coch displayed in dispaching the man...it was truely amazing."
[19:49:52] <+Seth> ::He turns and his eyes blaze a hole through Coch for just a moment making the threat to go along with the story clear before he turns back to the Bishop::
[19:50:31] <+Seth> ::With a simular gaze towards Jack::
[19:51:27] * .Jack shuts up
[19:52:43] <.Bynw> "No Jack. He walled us in to prevent us from escaping before he seized power." *the bishop states*
[19:55:28] <.Bynw> *the bishop turns to Seth* "Where is our army? Under the command of General Ryethon I assume. Can you contact him?"
[19:55:35] <+Seth> "Then his intent was to murder your grace and all officials of the church as well, what arrogance the man has!"
[19:56:00] <.Bynw> "We will need every man we have to retake the city."
[19:56:16] <+Seth> "Our army is routed and the general is dead. He fell victim to the plague."
[19:56:56] <+Seth> "Chadwick is in league with the Egorian barbarians."
[19:57:22] <.Bynw> *nidar closes his eyes* "We are lost then. Warp Wood falls to the Egorians and Chadwick's betrayal."
[19:58:58] <+Seth> ::Pure rage mars his face:: "NO!"
[20:00:05] <.Bynw> *he places his hand on Seth* "We can fight them. Win back our city. The people are ours. Not Chadwick's and not the Egorians"
[20:00:17] <+Seth> "I will not give up! First these Egorian's attack and commit unspeakable acts on defenseless women and children, now Chadwick commits murder on men of the church. This will not pass!"
[20:01:20] <.Bynw> "Chadwick does not care for the Church. He has is own remember."
[20:01:46] <+Seth> "Even you must see your Grace that these men are obviously agents of evil. Pagans sent by the morning star to defile our lands and plunge it in darkness."
[20:02:10] <.Bynw> *he tries to stand but fails* "I am not quite ready to travel but we should not stay here any longer than necessary."
[20:02:56] <+Seth> ::Nods:: "I believe we can enlist powerful allies to our cause your grace."
[20:04:15] <+Coch> "I think the road maybe the reason for Chadwick's betrayal, we changed the status quo and now it has been corrected in his eyes"
[20:04:25] <+Seth> "A Cabal of mages lives deep in the swamp. They have opposed Chadwick and his order since they arrived in Warp Wood."
[20:05:31] <.Bynw> *the bishop nods* "The maxim. They are not to be trusted. They have their own agenda."
[20:06:22] <+Coch> "The enemy of my enemy is my friend may apply here?"
[20:07:14] <+Seth> ::Nods to Coch in agreement then turns to the Bishop:: "Then perhaps these men can be convinced to leave the Maxim. Their duties here must be an onerous task for them. Perhaps we can lure them to switch alliances?"
[20:08:38] <.Bynw> "You need to find them first ..." *Nidar says*
[20:08:45] <+Seth> "A warm place by the fire and sanction to build an order of their own and land to do so would be a great improvement to picking weeds deep in the swamp."
[20:08:45] * .Jack gives Seth a sidelong glance, but keeps quiet.
[20:10:18] <+Coch> "I would think giving them control of the swamps as the druids have now in return for their help ridding us of the druids would be fair"
[20:10:55] <+Seth> ::Smiles at Nidar:: "I think I can help in that regard. It is not so easy to hide magic from an experienced mage, then a group of dirt worshippers."
[20:13:16] <.Bynw> "Chadwick has proven to be a powerful weaver of magic himself."
[20:13:41] <+Seth> "Well let's not bander guesses here as to the nature of the negotiations. His Grace is right, we must find them first. Without them it maybe impossible to regain our kingdom and repel the Egorian's."
[20:14:11] <+Seth> "I will handle Chadwick...personally."
[20:14:30] <+Coch> "If I can get into rifle range, I will end Chadwick's betrayal"
[20:14:35] <.Bynw> "You said our army is routed." *Nidar says* "Under who's command and where are they?"
[20:15:30] <+Seth> "Command has fallen to Marshal Sprax. I believe Major Kohel is badly wounded or dead."
[20:16:17] <+Seth> "We are unsure where they are at the moment. It seems Sprax has been under constant attack."
[20:16:37] <.Bynw> "I would think we need to combine us with them. Contact him if you can Lord Seth."
[20:16:51] <.Bynw> *the bishop turns to Coch* "Help me to stand my son"
[20:18:39] * +Coch takes Bishop Nidar by the shoulders and helps him stand
[20:20:30] <+Seth> ::Nods to Nidar:: "My own talents in that regard are modest your grace. Her majesty has been helping guide me. It would be best if an experienced Deryni where to assist me." ::glances at Jack::
[20:21:12] <.Bynw> "Where is the General's body? I wish to examine it" *Bishop Nidar looks about*
[20:22:09] * +Coch guides Bishop Nidar to the body of the General
[20:22:31] * .Jack shrugs and goes over to Seth.
[20:23:12] <.Bynw> *the bishop knells over the generals body and then begins searching it and looking over it very closely*
[20:23:16] <+Seth> ::Raises an eyebrow at Jack as the Bishop and Coch move out of ear shot:: "Something bothering you Lord Jack?"
[20:24:53] * ambush has joined #Teara-Adan
[20:25:43] <+Coch> roll 5df+
[20:25:43] <+SnakeEyes> Coch rolls 5df+ and gets
  • [ ]
  • [-] Superb
    [20:26:06] <.Jack> ::whispers::  "Why are we taking sides here?  We don't know Chadwick is against us, just that he's against the Bishop."
    [20:28:53] <+Seth> ::Nods:: "A good point Jack. I'm not really, just trying to pull the bishop to our side. If this where a holy war we could count on the church sending troops to aid us. Truth though Jack is that I do feel responsible for our peoples safety and Chadwick doesn't seem the type to improve their lot in life. That trade road will transform Warp Wood and it's people."
    [20:29:09] <+Seth> ((also whispering))
    [20:29:49] <.Bynw> *the bishop knells even closer to the generals body .. touching and pulling at the dead man's skin*
    [20:30:27] <.Jack> "Well, I trust the mother church about as far as I can throw it, and the Maxim even less.  You sure you can keep control of both of them?"
    [20:30:30] <+Coch> roll 5df+
    [20:30:30] <+SnakeEyes> Coch rolls 5df+ and gets [ ]
  • [-]
  • [-] Good
    [20:32:36] <+Seth> ::whispering:: "The Bishop is right. The people support us not Chadwick and certainly not the Egorian's."
    [20:33:10] <+Coch> "Bishop Nidar what are you checking?"
    [20:33:46] <.Bynw> "A very small hole that we would have missed on the others ..."
    [20:33:52] <.Bynw> "This is not a plague."
    [20:34:11] <+Seth> "So long as we have the people, we will keep the thrown. I'm taking a chance, but I see no other way. Do you?"
    [20:34:47] <+Coch> "What caused his death?"
    [20:35:26] <.Jack> "Well . . . I guess not, but do we have to support the Maxim too?"
    [20:36:00] <.Bynw> *the bishop turns to coch* "He was poisoned. As was Lord Antilles and the High lords before them"
    [20:36:34] <+Seth> "We have to be willing to do what we must to ensure our people's health and well being. But I don't plan on allowing the maxim to take control anymore then I would see the church or the druids do the same."
    [20:37:12] <+Seth> ::Smiles at Jack:: "Being a ruler isn't all finery and wine, eh?"
    [20:37:29] <+Coch> "Who could have poisoned him out here in the field?"
    [20:38:36] <+Seth> "If we get back to the capital perhaps you'll indulge in some of the finer things with me as reward with a clear conscious?"
    [20:38:52] <.Bynw> "Chadwick and his allies" *Bishop Nidar says as he begins to stand*
    [20:38:59] <.Jack> "Okay, I'll play along for now, but please be careful with the Maxim.  They just seem like bad news."
    [20:39:38] <+Seth> ::Nods and gently claps Jack on the back:: "Trust me Lord Jack, have I ever let you down?"
    [20:40:14] <.Jack> "Well, there was that incident with the pigs, but no, not really."
    [20:40:28] <+Coch> "Are you ready to rejoin the other Lord's Bishop?"
    [20:40:47] <.Bynw> "Yes I am my son"
    [20:41:33] <+Seth> ::Nods and smiles:: "Are you ready to try to contact Marshal Sprax?"
    [20:41:38] * +Coch continues to support the Bishop and helps him rejoin Lord's Seth and Jack
    [20:42:52] * .Jack nods
    [20:44:39] <+Coch> "The Bishop believes Chadwick and company are responsible for the plague and that the plague is a poison"
    [20:46:58] <+Seth> "That makes a lot of sense. When we regain the capital your Grace will have to testify as such to the people. It will be the blow that breaks the back of the druid movement in Warp Wood.
    [20:46:59] <+Seth> "
    [20:48:32] <+Seth> ::Takes a seat on the ground and invites Jack to do the same:: "Lord Jack and I will attempt to contact Marshal Sprax now."
    [20:48:47] * .Jack sits by Seth
    [20:50:31] <+Seth> ::Places his hand on Jacks shoulder to strengthen the contact and begins the mental exercises to calm and center himself as he draws on Jacks reserves and guidence to contact Sprax::
    [20:51:38] * +Coch helps the Bishop sit so he may conserve his strength
    [20:53:34] <+Seth> ::Concentrates on the image of Sprax and the feel of his mind as he allows Jack to guide him as he stretches out his thoughts towards the Marshal::
    [20:58:32] <.Jack> roll 5df+
    [20:58:32] <+SnakeEyes> Jack rolls 5df+ and gets
  • [ ][ ]
  • Superb
    [20:59:53] <.Bynw> *contact with Sprax is made* @@ "Seth ... the Egorians have met up with Chadwick's defenses of the city. He's come through for us. But we havent won but we can withdraw and regroup now"
    [21:03:03] <+Seth> @@"Sprax. Bishop Nidar is with us and tells a story of Chadwick betraying us and taking control of the city. Are you sure Chadwick is not with the Egorian's and has not betrayed us?"
    [21:03:07] <+Seth> @@
    [21:05:01] <.Bynw> @@ "We are outside of the city by several miles. There is nothing here but an impassable wall of plants. It has to be the work of Chadwick. The Egorian's are not able to pass are being killed by animals and the plants themselves. I saw a man dragged into the underbrush ... screaming out his last breath" @@
    [21:06:21] <.Bynw> @@ "But we cant pass through either ... Are you near the city? We need to regroup and combine our forces" @@
    [21:09:26] <+Seth> @@::a bit alarmed:: "Marshal, DO NOT go near the wall. I believe Chadwick may have double crossed us. We must scout for ourselves to know for sure. I will truth read the Bishop to make sure, but I believe he is telling the truth. We are at the end of the trade road" ::sends a mental image of their location:: "We will move towards you meet us on the way."@@
    [21:09:52] <.Bynw> @@
    [21:10:01] <.Bynw> "We are on our way" @@
    [21:10:04] <+Seth> @@"Is Major Kohel with you?"@@
    [21:10:28] <.Bynw> *the link is ended as Sprax drops it*
    [21:11:08] <+Seth> ::His eyes flutter open and his hand drops from Jack's shoulder as the contact with Sprax is ended::
    [21:12:14] <+Coch> "What is the situation?"
    [21:12:46] <+Seth> ::To Coch and Nidar:: "Sprax is headed towards us with the remainder of our army, we are to meet up with him. The Egorian's are unable to enter the city either. It appears that Chadwick has lost his mind and intends to bulwark the city against everyone."
    [21:13:03] <.Bynw> (( that's a wrap ... i need to get tika from work ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member