Bynw

[19:45]<Bynw> +-------------------------------------------+
[19:45]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 62
[19:45]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:45]<Bynw> | The Anadari have left the Spectral Magician
[19:45]<Bynw> | fortress and have travelled via the Astral
[19:45]<Bynw> | on their Tricon mounts to the summer capital
[19:45]<Bynw> | of the Principlaity of Einar. Quiette Castle.
[19:45]<Bynw> |
[19:45]<Bynw> | Einar is part of the Adanac Empire and
[19:45]<Bynw> | Quiette Castle is the location of Einar's
[19:45]<Bynw> | magical gateway that links the Empire vast
[19:45]<Bynw> | terriorties together.
[19:45]<Bynw> | Here the Arch Druid Camidus bids farewell
[19:45]<Bynw> | to the Anadari and makes his way into the
[19:45]<Bynw> | nearby forests. Ibon talks with Regan about
[19:45]<Bynw> | what he wants in a bow and checks on his
[19:45]<Bynw> | style. Ibon also keeps an eye on Llanth as
[19:45]<Bynw> | well given his choice in weapons.
[19:45]<Bynw> | The Anadari make their way to meet with
[19:45]<Bynw> | the Prince of Einar.
[19:45]<Bynw> |     Today's Game Date: Saturday the
[19:45]<Bynw> |              28 Juni 464 NE
[19:45]<Bynw> |            Game Time: Sunset
[19:45]<Bynw> |      Location: Quiette Castle, Einar
[19:45]<Bynw> |          End of Adventure Recap
[19:46]<Bynw> *Tara hitched a ride as did Camidus. Ibon has his own Tricon as the group left the Spectral Magician stronghold and arrived on the other side of the Einar mountains.
[19:49]<Bynw> *the sun is setting in the western sky the Gate outside of the community surrounding Quiette Castle is a buzz with activity of people coming and going to all the corners of the Adanac Empire. And work on Quiette Castle's restoration continues even into the darkening hours of twilight*
[19:52]* Regan forrows his brows. "With all these people, you'd think they would have chosen a more suitable name." :: chuckles ::
[19:53]<Bynw> *Tara* "It wasnt always so busy. Quiette Castle used to be very isolated until the prince started the restoration project several years back."
[19:54]<@Daine> ::Stares off into the distance at the work on the castle:: "Quiette Castle, I've heard of it even in Utha. I've also heard of the forest of Einar. I suggest we take refuge inside before the light runs out."
[19:55]<+Llanth> "Refuge from what?"
[19:55]* Regan turns to Daine. "Is it true what they say about....?"
[19:55]<+Regan> :: Trails off ::
[19:56]<Bynw> *Ibon* "I think that Daine is correct. But if we stay close to the Gate and the castle itself we should be safe enough"
[19:56]* Bynw gives voice to Daine
[19:56]* Bynw removes channel operator status from Daine
[19:57]* Regan winces. "Creepy."
[19:58]<Bynw> *Tara looking at Regan* "Yes it's true."
[19:59]* Regan nods slowly. "Damn."
[20:04]<Bynw> *Ibon to Llanth* "Einar is a haunted forest. It has alot in common with Kirsh"
[20:04]<+Llanth> "I see, sounds like an interesting place to live."
[20:09]<+Master_Nym> "Let's keep moving." ::He starts out at a distance eating walk::
[20:09]<+Daine> ::Nods and follows Nym::
[20:11]<Bynw> *as the group moves closer to towards the castle and imperial gate there becomes a bit of a crowd of people mingling and moving about. but due to the setting sun they keep close to gate and nearby buildings.
[20:12]<+Regan> :: Shakes his head. :: "Such fear. This must be a depressing place."
[20:13]<Bynw> *the look of some people is genuine fear as the glance periodically at the setting sun while others seem to take little notice of it and are very friendly
[20:14]<+Master_Nym> "Einar has some of the most beautiful forests and mountains I have ever beheld. The people are friendly, though not overly so to strangers."
[20:15]<+Master_Nym> "Within sight of the Castle things are a bit more relaxed, but as you get farther into the wilds..."
[20:15]<Bynw> *the crowd of people are giving the Anadari some room as they walk through and whispering to themselves at seeing a half dozen Anadari in one place*
[20:17]<+Master_Nym> ::Glances to Regan:: "Last I knew the Adamant Knights still preyed the inns in Einar."
[20:18]<Bynw> *three humans approach the Anadari, heading for Nym himself at the lead ... it turns out that one of the humans is actually half-elven. all 3 wear the livery of the prince of Einar. one of them wears a red sash*
[20:18]* Regan catches the eye of a smiling pretty little maiden and gives her a wink and a smile, but continues on. "Yes, friendly indeed." ::Turns to Nym. "Adamant? Sounds like some kind of musical troupe."
[20:20]<+Master_Nym> ::Looks at Regan and raises an eyebrow is disapproval:: "You should be using the Matrix to study more as I have instructed then. The Knights of Adamant certainly know of you."
[20:21]<+Master_Nym> "I'm sure of that." ::his attention goes to the three new comers::
[20:21]<+Regan> "I am, master Nym. But there truly is a lot of information."
[20:22]<Bynw> *the one with the red sash holds up his hand, still a few yards away* "Master Anadari" *he says with a slight bow at the neck as he approaches closer*
[20:22]<+Daine> ::Looks to Regan and mouths the words Adamant questioningly, then shrugs::
[20:23]<Bynw> *the man with the sash looks a bit puzzled for a moment and his eyes widen* "You are Master Nym Gibran!"
[20:23]* Regan shrugs back in response and holds his hands out slightly. Then smiles at Daine.
[20:24]<+Master_Nym> ::Stops before the three and bows back at them:: "You have me at a loss. You know me, but I do not know you. I am sorry."
[20:24]* Regan flicks a throwing knife into his hand covertly.
[20:25]<+Master_Nym> ::Looks about them for any others in the prince's colors, trying to appear idle::
[20:25]* Regan watches the two accompanying men.
[20:25]<Bynw> "Your House is welcome to Einar, Master." *he says again with a slight bow*
[20:27]<+Master_Nym> ::Smiles and bows again:: "Thank you. We have urgent business here in Einar. We have come to see his majesty, the prince."
[20:27]* Regan glances at Tara for any sign that she may sense danger.
[20:28]<Bynw> "We shall alert your coming" *he signals to the other 2 guards as they take off running* "What business do you have with his highness?" *he says walking with Nym*
[20:30]<Bynw> *guard* "The prince didn't say anything about you coming."
[20:32]* Regan tilts his head at the conversation, then mumbles to himself. "Thast's not who he meant. I'm sure of it."
[20:32]<+Master_Nym> ::Follows the man in the sash, talking as he goes:: "The prince does not know we are calling. Dark times are coming to the realms again I'm afraid. The Pool was just the begining. A new threat has risen and this time it is one step ahead of me."
[20:33]<Bynw> *guard in hushed tones* "be careful how you mention that Sir. the glamor is again in place and we wish it to stay that way*
[20:35]<Bynw> *the group reaches the castle, still a hive of activity. hammering and work continues on its restoration.
[20:36]<Bynw> *they are met just inside the atrium by the prince's major domo, the Lord Warden
[20:36]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "This is unrelated, but equally as dangerous." ::meets the mans eyes for emphasis::
[20:37]<Bynw> *Warden, an elderly man ... somewhare in his 50s* "Thank you Lieutenant. I shall see to our guests." *he says dismissing the guard*
[20:37]<+Daine> ::Takes up the rear of the group, his eyes watching for danger::
[20:38]<+Master_Nym> ::Bows to the Major Domo::
[20:39]<+Regan> @@ To Nym: "Master, sorry to interupt your thoughts, but I believe we are on the wrong track here. I don't believe....no....I pretty sure Vor'en did not mean this prince." @@
[20:39]<Bynw> *Warden* "Welcome back to Einar Master Gibran. How can Einar be of service to you?"
[20:39]<+Master_Nym> @@::to Regan:: "Oh? Explain."@@
[20:41]<Bynw> *Warden takes the group to a sitting room where there is some privacy and refreshments. Tara watches Warden ... almost studying him*
[20:41]<+Master_Nym> ::Smiles:: "Lord Warden, we have need to speak with the Prince. It is urgent."
[20:42]<+Regan> @@ "The way head said Prince. Something in me is pounding my senses, so to speak, that he meant it differently. A different Prince. A kind of etherical being/person. @@" @@
[20:42]<+Regan> (( head = he ))
[20:42]<+Daine> ::notices Tara's attention and looks to her questioningly:: @@::To Tara:: "Something amiss Sister?"@@
[20:43]<Bynw> *Warden pouring wine and offering bread and cheese to the Anadari* "On what matter Master Nym? I assure you the reason for your last visit is well guarded a new again."
[20:44]<Bynw> *Tara* @@ ::back to Daine:: "He's under a magical spell ... I can almost taste it" @@
[20:45]<Bynw> *Warden* "The prince is a busy man and of course I am fully capable of handling almost anything when it comes to matters of State."
[20:46]<+Master_Nym> ::His eyes glaze for just a moment:: @@"The old blood flows strong in you Regan, the Akasha speaks to you often. I will inquire on this as I can. The path is unclear as of yet."@@
[20:46]* Regan notices Tara's change in alertness. : Goes to flick a knife to his hand, but then realizes he still has one in his hand.
[20:48]<+Daine> ::His eyes dart to Master Nym:: @@::To the entire Group:: "Tara senses a spell is working on this man."@@
[20:48]* Regan looks about the atrium carefully
[20:49]<+Master_Nym> @@::to the group:: "Paitence, be calm and alert. Give nothing away. Let's see where this goes."@@
[20:51]<Bynw> *Warden takes a seat after offering any refreshments to the Anadari* "What is the nature of your urgent business with his highness Master Gibran?"
[20:53]* Regan leans nonchalantly against the wall next to the door, opposite the hinges.
[20:54]<+Master_Nym> ::Brushes the very edges of Warden's mind probing for shields trying not to give his probes away to the warden::
[20:55]<Bynw> (( roll your Casting skill Nym ))
[20:56]<+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[20:56]<+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets (-)(+)( )(+)(+)(+) Epic
[20:58]<+Regan> roll 6df+ for Casting
[20:58]<+BoxCars> Regan rolls 6df+ for Casting and gets ( )(-)(-)(+)( )(-) Fair
[21:00]<+Master_Nym> ::begins to passively Truth-reading Warden:: "Have you ever met a man named Ezekial, Lord Warden?"
[21:01]<Bynw> *Tara* @@ ::to the group:: "I got it. It's an abjuration of some kind ... what its dispelling I don't know."@@
[21:02]<+Daine> ::rolls his eyes, then his attention comes to rest on Tara:: @@"Great. Can I have that in non-mage speak now?"@@
[21:02]<Bynw> *Warden* "He was involved in the incident that will not be named no matter who's company we are in Master Gibran. Yes, I have had the misfortune of meeting him. He is a wanted criminal in Einar."
[21:03]<+Regan> @@ "Funny. I was thinking the same thing, brother." @@
[21:03]<Bynw> *Tara* @@ ::to group:: "Abjurations are protective spells. They create physical or magical barriers, negate magical or physical abilities, harm trespassers, or even banish the subject of the spell to another plane of existence." @@
[21:04]<+Regan> @@ "Oh, that's all. Phew." @@
[21:05]<+Master_Nym> @@::to the group:: "He has mental-shields of some kind. He has no talent, they are magical in nature. Is that what you are sensing?"@@
[21:05]<Bynw> *Tara* @@ ::to group:: "Could be ... " @@
[21:06]<+Master_Nym> ::nods, putting his hands up to show he meant no offense:: "Of course Lord Warden, of course. Have you heard of a man named Chadwick?"
[21:08]<Bynw> *Warden* "No. I dont know of anyone, that goes by that name"
[21:08]<+Master_Nym> @@::to tara:: "If you could cast, could you know for sure what the spell is and what it is doing?"@@
[21:10]<Bynw> *Tara* @@ ::to Nym:: "Yes but it may take several minutes to learn what it is ... but since I know the type of magic. I don't think its anything to worry about it." @@
[21:12]<+Master_Nym> "I see. I am looking for a medallion." ::he cups his hand in front of Warden, dark green handfire lights in the palm of his hand. It takes the shape and size of the medallion around his neck:: "Like this one, but perhaps with a different symbol imprinted on it. Have you or the prince seen something like it?"
[21:12]* Regan closes his eyes for a moment.
[21:13]<+Regan> roll 4df
[21:13]<+BoxCars> Regan rolls 4df and gets (+)(-)( )(+) Good
[21:13]<Bynw> *Warden looks at the medallion image conjured up by Nym for a while*
[21:13]<+Master_Nym> ::the image slowly spins to show off both sides::
[21:16]<+Regan> :: Eyes pop open:: @@ "It's a spell to dispell a ball of fire! " @@
[21:17]<Bynw> *Warden sits back in the chair and looks up at Nym* "You are not hear to see his highness prince Dawson Colicos-Ibly"
[21:19]<+Master_Nym> @@::to the group:: "Tara, put a ward around us. The rest of you move together. Regan, pour some wine for yourself and spill some on the Major Domo to distract him. Make it look like an accident."@@
[21:20]<+Master_Nym> @@::to the group:: "move slowly and don't give yourselves away."@@
[21:20]* Regan moves to the table and pours himself some wine, accidently spilling some on the Warden's hand.
[21:20]<+Regan> "Sorry."
[21:21]<Bynw> *Warden* "But yet you came here looking to see the prince. Or was it the Prince ..." *he shakes the wine off his hand* "It's alright"
[21:21]<+Daine> ::Moves to stand nearer Nym and the others, slowly as if to get some wine himself::
[21:22]<Bynw> *there is slight difference of inflection on the Warden's speech when he said "Prince" the 2nd time*
[21:22]<+Master_Nym> ::As the Warden is distracted by the wine, he tries to get past the Warden's shields. Delicately so as not to alert him if possible though::
[21:22]<+Regan> :: @@ "There it is again. The way he said Prince." @@
[21:26]<+Master_Nym> roll 5df+
[21:26]<+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 5df+ and gets ( )( )(-)(+)(+) Great
[21:28]<+Master_Nym> "I'm afraid I do not know the difference. Explain if you will."
[21:28]<Bynw> *Warden* "You've come for the Matrix. Who told you that the Prince had it?"
[21:30]* Regan covertly watches Ibon for any change in his demeanor.
[21:32]<Bynw> *Warden* "The prince rules Einar of course. And the Prince rules Einar."
[21:33]<Bynw> *Warden* "The prince rules Einar of course. And the Prince is Einar." (( CORRECTION ))
[21:35]* Regan scratches his head in thought.
[21:35]<Bynw> *Warden rises to his feet* "Come with me. All of you. I must show you the work we've done here."
[21:37]<+Master_Nym> ::his face drops, humor gone. He stands slowly and follows::
[21:37]<+Daine> ::Sniffs at the back of the Major Domo and follows Nym::
[21:39]<+Regan> :: To group :: @@ "Noone on the other side of the door.." @@
[21:40]<Bynw> *Warden opens the door and steps back into the atrium leading the group of Anadari on a tour of Quiette Castle ... talking endlessly about the architecture and how old the castle really is ... moving inward and downward as they go
[21:41]<+Regan> :: To group :: @@ He's leading us somewhere. I feel a trap coming." @@
[21:41]<+Daine> 3df-
[21:41]<+Daine> roll 3df-
[21:41]<+BoxCars> Daine rolls 3df- and gets (+)(+)( ) Great
[21:42]<+Daine> roll 5df-
[21:42]<+BoxCars> Daine rolls 5df- and gets ( )( )( )(+)( ) Fair
[21:44]<Bynw> *the group reaches a rather deserted area of the castle. no work is being done. this is apparently where the work started
[21:44]<+Daine> ::breaths deeply, looking around:: @@::to the group:: "What is that smell?"@@
[21:46]<Bynw> *Warden* "Wait here" *he says pulling out a key and holding it up the wall ... moving it around for a while in a few little circles before sliding it into the wall and giving it a twist*
[21:46]<+Master_Nym> ::hightens his senses psionically and breaths deeply, testing the air::
[21:47]<+Master_Nym> ::still truth-reading the warden:: "What are you doing and where are you taking us?"
[21:48]* Regan looks at the floor.
[21:49]<+Regan> @@ "Smells like death." @@
[21:49]<Bynw> *Warden* "Taking you to the Prince." *he says while slipping through an unseen door*
[21:50]<+Daine> ::to himself, but loud enough for the others to hear:: "...death..." ::his hand dips to his revolver quick as a snake and draws it::
[21:51]<Bynw> *Warden steps back out to the others* "Come now this way ...." *he says disappearing into the unseen doorway again*
[21:53]<+Master_Nym> ::He draws his Star Sword in a blur. Dark Green handfire envelops it and shines brightly illuminating the passage beyond the doorway Warden slipped into:: "Vampires."
[21:53]<+Regan> roll 6df+
[21:53]<+BoxCars> Regan rolls 6df+ and gets (-)(+)(-)(-)( )(-) Mediocre
[21:55]* Regan extends his shields around himself, producing a bright silver aura. (Not blinding)
[21:55]<+Master_Nym> @@::To the Group:: "Make no move until I do. Follow me and be on your guard."@@
[21:56]<Bynw> *Warden is in the passageway beyond standing and waiting for those to follow*
[21:58]<+Master_Nym> ::Steps into the passage, a sneer on his face now. His burst into dark green handfire giving him a ghastly appearance:: "Warden, be very careful what you do now. What...is this Prince?"
[21:58]<+Master_Nym> ((his eyes burst into))
[21:59]<+Daine> ::steps in behind Nym, revolver in his hand. His eyes searching everywhere for ambush::
[22:00]* Regan watches behing the group.
[22:00]<+Regan> ((behind))
[22:00]<Bynw> *Warden* "We are in no danger here Nym. At the end of this passageway is a magical portal that will take us to the Prince. He is the ruler of Einar."
[22:02]<+Master_Nym> ((he telling the truth??))
[22:02]<Bynw> (( yes ))
[22:03]<+Daine> "I smell only death that way." ::points further onward down the corridor::
[22:03]<+Regan> "A portal to where, specifically?"
[22:03]<Bynw> *Warden* "To where the Prince sleeps in Colicos Castle"
[22:04]<+Master_Nym> "The Prince is a Vampire?"
[22:04]<+Regan> @@ "Let me guess, where there is no sunlight?" @@
[22:07]<Bynw> *Warden looks at Nym for a few heart beats* "He is Our Prince. He is my Sire. And he is, what mortals would call a Vampire."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member