• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

What ever happend to Orla?

Started by Bynw, 21 April 2009, 23:14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:07]<Bynw> now remember Orla's story starts out 2-3 months ago ... at the same time when Regan's started she had arrived at the same campsite as her brother when it came under an owlbear attack ... she and the others started to flee from the attack of the monsters because it was the only real option
[20:08]<Orla> Well, the men tried to buy her time to escape, but, yes, she fled.
[20:09]<Bynw> *Orla is waking up. It is dark, wet and sticky. She is covered in what feel like vines or snakes and is definitely confined in an enclosed space. And then she remembers the attack.*
[20:11]<Bynw> *she is in somekind of sticky goo   ... lying down in it ... enough that if she lies down completely she would be submerged in it
[20:13]* Orla tries to open her eyes, but is hampered by the goo. She uses her shoulders to wipe it from her eyes.
[20:14]<Bynw> *the space is small enough and close enough with its walls to be a coffin ... but they feel wet as well and its not wood
[20:15]<Bynw> *it could be oval in shape rather than square like a coffin ... too rounded
[20:16]<Bynw> *its pitch dark ... no light making its way
[20:17]* Orla realizes with a shock that her shoulders are bare. She then snarls as she realizes that she is completey naked. She feels around the small space, with restriction, for her dagger and throwing knives...finding none. "Someone is going to regret this." she whispers sternly.
[20:22]* Orla tries to sit up and is barely able to do so. She then runs her fingers through her long hair and realizes that she is absolutely covered with the sticky goo.
[20:23]* Orla spits out some from her mouth, it tastes worse than her Aunt Moira's Gord Soup. "Ack."
[20:24]<Bynw> *the whole thing rumbles and shakes for a few moments ... then there is a snapping sound above her head and then a small crack of light*
[20:25]* Orla takes a few deep breaths trying to remain calm and think. Panic is just out of reach of her mind as the light barely shines through. She closes one eye to the light.
[20:26]* Orla shields are fully raised.
[20:29]* Orla starts to center herself with the intent of Casting about to see what she can, but then decides against it. She takes even more deep breaths as panic pushes against her mind.
[20:33]* Orla feels the vines, they are thin but strong and about two or three feet in length. She slightly smiles to herself, though she is still on the edge of panic.
[20:35]<Bynw> *another snap above her head*
[20:35]* Orla press her back against the enclosure a slightly tests its stregnth with her feet, just to see if it is fragile.
[20:35]<Orla> ((a = and))
[20:40]<Orla> roll 4df for pressure against the enclosure
[20:40]<+BoxCars> Orla rolls 4df for pressure against the enclosure and gets ( )(+)(+)( ) Great
[20:40]<Bynw> *it snaps and sends little bits of itself everywhere ... mostly out ..... the edges are just wet .. not sharp either ...
[20:41]* Orla scratches her head, trying to think clearly...
[20:42]* Orla shifts her weight from side to side slightly.
[20:42]<Bynw> *a voice calls out in your native Solice* "stay calm m'lady" *and the light crack disappears*
[20:46]* Orla realizes, after the enclosure shifts back and forth, that she is on the ground. "I'm not going to be anybody's breakfast." She whispers quietly as she thinks she may be inside some kind of egg thing. She then attempts to stand straight up and through the enclosure.
[20:47]<Bynw> *the light crack widens ... and fingers can be seen pulling apart the 2 halves of the top of the enclosure*
[20:51]* Orla realizes that she was pushing at the wrong points and shifts her weight/body horizontally and pushes again, trying to widen the crack on her own, hopefully surprising the other person.
[20:51]<Bynw> *the light is very bright compaired to the darkness ... as the encasing is broken wide open and the liquid goo beings running out in a few places
[20:53]<Bynw> *there is man there, white hair ...he's covered in a bit dirt and some of the goo by breaking open the enclouser ...
[20:56]* Orla has two vines wrapped around her wrists, as in to strangle someone. She reaches for the other's head, a white haired man she can tell, encircling the vines around his neck and quickly tightens. "Who are you?" she yells.
[20:56]<Bynw> *hes just a foot away or less since he is opening the enclosure he turns* "there is a basin of water and some towels here for you to clean up with m'lady ... are you alright?"  *its a bit cooler now especially as the cooler air hits the liquid on her skin and it starts to dry and harden*
[20:59]<Bynw> *the man offers no resistance*
[21:00]* Orla sees the man is not resisting and only tries to hold him at bay. She does not want to kill him. "Well?"
[21:00]<Orla> "Who are you?"
[21:00]<Bynw> "my name is chadwick, i am here to help you"
[21:02]* Orla eyes narrow at the statement. "I wasn't aware that I needed help." she says eventhough she knows it not to be true.
[21:03]<Bynw> *chadwick* "you are wet, disoriented, and need to wash"
[21:05]<Orla> "If I release you, do you swear to whatever god you worship that you will not harm me?" :: She hopes that this Chadwick is a relgious man, or at least God-fearing. ::
[21:06]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "I shall"
[21:06]<Orla> "I swear.... Say it!"
[21:07]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "I swear to my Lord Annatar that I shall not harm you."
[21:08]* Orla raises an eyebrow. 'Well, that's a new one. Never heard of this Ana'tar.' she says to herself as she releases the vines.
[21:09]<Orla> She backs away with caution.
[21:10]<Bynw> *chadwick slowly gets up* "there is a basin of water over here" *he gestures* "towels as well and some clothes and your things."
[21:11]* Orla glances at the towels and clothes. She waits to see if he will avert his eyes fromher before she moves towards them, trying to judge his gentlemanly character.
[21:13]<Bynw> *as he looks at her, its eye contact, not body contact as she moves towards the towels he turns his attention to the thing she was in*
[21:14]<Bynw> *she finds herself within a carved stone chamber of somekind ... perhaps a cave or something else. the light appears to be natural like sunlight coming from an unknown source*
[21:15]* Orla avails herself of the basin and towels, finding it less than easy to remove the hardened goo. When she finishes, she dons the clothing.
[21:21]* Orla looks at her clothing, similar to hers but new and clean. She looks about the cave, at least she thinks it is a cave, and says: "I thank you for the clothing, err, Chadwick."
[21:21]<Bynw> *chadwick* "what is the last thing you remember?"
[21:22]* Orla looks down at her clothes. "Putting these on, of course."
[21:22]<Bynw> *a cracks a smile* "before you woke up and i helped free you from the pod"
[21:26]* Orla eyes narrow again slightly but with a little bit of mirth in her eyes as she says : "Helped free me? I doubt that helping free me is the correct term since you are probably the one responsible for me being in it in the first place, wouldn't you say?"
[21:28]<Bynw> *chadwick* "yes helped free you. it is difficult to climb out of it yourself due to the lack of space to move properly. and yes i did put you in it as well. be thankful that i did m'lady or we would not be talking about it"
[21:30]* Orla considers his words, then remarks. "It was for my protection?" :: Points to the pod. ::
[21:31]<Bynw> "Do you remember being attack by some creatures in the forest?" *he asks*
[21:31]* Orla nods
[21:32]* Orla balls her fists at the reference of the creatures, but keeps them at her sides.
[21:32]* Orla face goes stoic.
[21:34]* Orla looks arouns the cave some more, hoping they are alone and not being watched by the creatures.
[21:34]<Bynw> *he nods his head* "You did not survive."
[21:35]* Orla raises both eyebrows. "Huh?"
[21:35]* Orla puts her hand slowly to her chest, half expecting no heartbeat.
[21:36]<Bynw> "You died. My Lord Annatar guided me to you and bade me take you here to this place" *he says looking around* "I placed you in the pod and you have now risen from the dead. Alive once more"
[21:38]* Orla breathes a sigh of relief at her beating, though somewhat rapidly. At his last statement she tilts her head in thought, then says patronizngly. : "Okay. If you say so."
[21:38]<Orla> ((beating heart))
[21:40]* Orla thinks this man looks too young to be afflicted with the mind-aging disease, but one never knows, she guesses.
[21:41]<Bynw> "you have doubts my child. that is understandable. but i assure you. you were dead." *he says to her*
[21:44]* Orla nods. "Of course I was my new found rescuer. It happens now and again in my parts of the country. No frets." :: She then looks up at the light, ending the discussion, not wanting to engage the man further and have him realize that he seems to have lost his mind.
[21:45]<Orla> ::
[21:48]<Bynw> "Orla does not believe in miracles Chadwick. She is very stubborn much like her brother who is not her brother." *the voice, echoes in the chamber*
[21:48]* Orla blinks and steps back.
[21:51]<Bynw> *chadwick has dropped to his knees*
[21:52]* Orla opens her mouth to say something....then realizes what the words could mean. "He is not my brother anymore because he is dead! Nooo!" :: Looks at Chadwick, kneeling like an imbecile and decides not to kill him yet. :: "Who are you?" she says to the chamber's voice.
[21:53]<Bynw> *the voice echoes back* "Who do you think I am Orla?"
[21:57]<Orla> "A man that somehow knows my name and has killed my brother and hides in the shadows from one woman." ::She then smiles wickedly. :: "My brother was stubborn? Good. He would never go down without a fight. I hope he got a few of you first!"
[22:00]<Bynw> "I am the one who has saved you from death. I am the one who returned you to life. I am the one who will reunite you with your brother. Who IS stubborn. As twins you share a common bond with him. Who's name is Regan now."
[22:01]<Bynw> "And there are no shadows here. Only Light." *says the voice as a shimmering form appears before her*  (( http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/10511/Annatar.jpg ))
[22:03]<Bynw> (( end ))
[22:08]* Orla rolls her eyes at the "brought back from life" remark. As the shimmering form appears she smiles wryly. "Nice trick." She then extends her shields around her which makes her seem to glow. It is a pure white aura. She holds it for a second, then releases.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[18:54]<Bynw> (( recap for "what ever happened to Orla?" ))
[18:54]<Bynw> "I am the one who has saved you from death. I am the one who returned you to life. I am the one who will reunite you with your brother. Who IS stubborn. As twins you share a common bond with him. Who's name is Regan now."
[18:54]<Bynw>  "And there are no shadows here. Only Light." *says the voice as a shimmering form appears before her*  (( http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/10511/Annatar.jpg ))
[18:54]<Bynw> * Orla rolls her eyes at the "brought back from life" remark. As the shimmering form appears she smiles wryly. "Nice trick." She then extends her shields around her which makes her seem to glow. It is a pure white aura. She holds it for a second, then releases.
[18:54]<Bynw> (( end recap ))
[18:55]<+Orla> ((ooc))
[18:55]<Bynw> *the ghostly figure before her nods* "Indeed. Flashing one's Shields is a 'nice trick'". *he reaches his hand out towards her*
[18:55]* Orla backs up
[18:56]* Orla 's shields flare again
[18:58]<Bynw> "Take my hand child. No harm will come to you." *his hand is still outstreached*
[18:58]* Orla flicks her wrist reflexively, then frowns.
[18:59]* Orla puts her hands on her hips and stares at his outstretched one and thinks...
[19:00]<+Orla> "Are we going somewhere?"
[19:00]<Bynw> *Chadwick is still on his knees and silent*
[19:00]<Bynw> *the ghostly figure answers* "Only to enlightenment."
[19:02]* Orla rolls her eyes. "Enlightenment?" :: Looks down at Chadwick and points to him :: "Is that what 'enlightenment' looks like?"
[19:05]<Bynw> *Chadwick rises* "I shall my Lord."
[19:05]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "He is devoted."
[19:07]* Orla turns to face both, then her eyes buldge slightly for a split second. "Wait a minute. What do you mean by 'Who IS stubborn'?" :: Watches Chadwick warily ::
[19:08]* Orla keeps the small piece of eggshell pinned against her left wrist.
[19:12]<Bynw> *the ghostly being closes his eyes*
[19:13]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "Lord perhaps she is but a simple peasant ... only capable of following and not leading. a pity she had such promise."
[19:14]* Orla moves around Chadwick, putting him between them. "Peasant? Of course I am. Do I look like a princess to you?"
[19:14]<Bynw> *the ghostly figure opens his eyes* "No. She is capable of much. A born leader who just needs to be freed."
[19:15]<+Orla> "Freed? Okay, I like that. Can I go now? I thank you for your hospitality." :: Looks for a door ::
[19:16]<+Orla> "Um, Chadwick, dear. Where's the door, hun?"
[19:16]<Bynw> *there is no door to be seen in the chamber*
[19:16]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "Find it yourself your Highness."
[19:18]<+Orla> "Okay." :: Starts to look around then stops short and turns back to look at Chadwick. :: "Excuse me? What was that?"
[19:19]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "I told you to find the door yourself"
[19:20]<Bynw> *the sounds of a slight scrapping noise, like something being dragged across stones can be heard from behind the ghostly figure*
[19:20]<+Orla> :: Shakes her head slowly, wagging a finger at him. :: "Nooooo, the other part."
[19:21]* Orla turns and looks
[19:23]<Bynw> *a large tome can be seen on the rocks behind the ghostly figure ... the tome moves off the rocks and towards Orla ... passing through the ghostly figure before her and then slowly dropping to the ground at her feet*
[19:23]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "Your proper title as a princess"
[19:27]* Orla looks at the tome with curiosity, but addresses Chadwick. "So, I'm a princess now? Let me see, you just like kneeling before everyone you meet?" :: Points to the ground in front of her. :: "Go ahead, I won't stop you. Knock your self out. It's been awhile since someone knelt before me." :: Chuckles wryly. ::
[19:27]<+Orla> "What is this?" :: Points to the tome.
[19:27]<+Orla> ::
[19:28]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "Read it. Peasant girl who can read."
[19:29]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "I do not bend knee to any prince, only to my Lord."
[19:30]* Orla peers at the tome more closely as she says to Chadwick: "Now I'm a prince? Make up your mind, if you still have one." :: Reads the tome ::
[19:30]* Orla mumbles to herself "Idiot"
[19:31]* Lorini has quit (Quit: Bye)
[19:33]* Orla 's eyebrows rise. "Where did this come from?" :: Scratches her head in confusion for a moment. :: "And am I supposed to believe this?"
[19:35]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "That came from the great Library of Torr. It is notarized by their scribes as being authentic. You may believe whatever you like. If you choose to live in ignorance that is your own choice."
[19:39]<+Orla> Roll 4df
[19:39]<+BoxCars> Orla rolls 4df and gets (+)( )(-)(+) Good
[19:42]* Orla turns to Chadwick at his remark. "Call me ignorant again and I'll snap your neck." :: turns back to the tome and reads it again. ::
[19:43]* Orla is interested in the writings
[19:44]<+Orla> :: puts her hand to her temple in thought and closes her eyes briefly as she mumbles "Torr."
[19:45]* Orla puts her hand to her temple in thought and closes her eyes briefly as she mumbles "Torr."
[19:53]<+Orla> "Torr" she says again as an image from a recurring dream resurfaces. It shows a beautiful green dragon wading in a pool relaxing. It then turns to her and says in a silky male voice "Torr is...". Then she would always wake up.
[19:55]* Orla opens her eyes and turns to the Ghostly figure. "So, if I take your hand, where do we go, specifically?"
[19:56]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "No where"
[19:56]<+Orla> "Then why do you offer your hand?"
[19:57]<Bynw> "Take it" *he says offering it to her again* "I said before it was for 'enlightenment'"
[20:00]* Orla tilts her head, then looks at the tome again. Then back to looking at his outstreched hand and frowns, a slight (very slight) pleading in her voice. "Can you be a little more specific, please." :: Said with sincerity ::
[20:01]* jlcsusara_ (~~jonas@A6D346.387974.B6FC01.0ADFAF) has joined #teara-adan
[20:01]* jlcsusara (~jonas@A6D346.387974.B6FC01.0ADFAF) has joined #teara-adan
[20:01]* ChanServ gives channel half-operator status to jlcsusara
[20:01]* jlcsusara has quit (EOF from client)
[20:01]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "Enlightenment goes come from being told something. It comes from experiencing the lesson to be learned."
[20:01]<Bynw> (( doesnt come from being told something ))
[20:02]<+Orla> "So, you want to show me something in my mind?"
[20:02]* jlcsusara_ is now known as jlcsusara
[20:03]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "no no child. just take my hand. no contact with your mind will be dont. we will not travel anywhere. nothing will happen save for enlightenment."
[20:04]* Orla hesitates....
[20:06]<Bynw> *Chadwick* "It is a wonder she learned anything. Not wanting to take a step."
[20:06]<+Orla> "I have your word that my thoughts, personality and being will remain as they are and that the only thing I will receive is knowledge?" :: Watches Chadwick ::
[20:07]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "Absolutely my child. You are very scared and have no reason to be ..."
[20:10]<+Orla> "Very well." :: Looks at Chadwick. :: "Your neck looks pretty fragile to me. I'd watch it if I were you." :: Makes a snapping gesture with her hands, then turns to the figure with one last look at the tome, burning the words into her mind, and then reaches for the hand. Shields at full strength. ::
[20:12]<Bynw> *her hand passes through his as if it too was not there*
[20:13]<Bynw> *the ghostly form ripples a bit as Orla's hand passes through it but nothing more*
[20:14]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "You see. No harm has come to you and you have gained enlightenment."
[20:14]* Orla watches Chadwick for a reaction.
[20:15]* Orla pulls her hand back and inspects it. "If you say so...."
[20:15]<Bynw> *Chadwick drops to his knees again and closes his eyes*
[20:16]* Orla smiles at Chadwick. "That's better."
[20:17]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "You flashed your Shields earlier. Forming a visible white aura around yourself. Assuming I was doing the same but only maintaining it. I am not as you now know for certain."
[20:17]* Orla thinks back at the incident
[20:21]<+Orla> "Ah. You are here, but not here. Well, that I could somewhat tell since I could somewhat see through you. So, how am I enlightened again?" :: Still watches Chadwick. ::
[20:24]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "You are enlightened because I am not just preforming a parlor trick. I am not of the flesh." *he looks over towards Chadwick and then back to Orla* "Kill him."
[20:28]<+Orla> "Excuse me?"
[20:30]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "I said to kill him. End his life now. You have been threatening to do so for hours."
[20:32]<Bynw> "Use your dagger or your bare hands and snap his fragile neck." *the figure says moving closer to Orla without walking*
[20:33]<+Orla> "Chadwick, were you responsible for the attack on my village? And the death of my beloved Macden, who fought so bravely to save me?"
[20:34]<Bynw> *Chadwick looks up at Orla* "Through my negligence and loss of control of my hunting pack I caused their deaths and others. Including your parents."
[20:35]<+Orla> "MY PARENTS!"  Turns to the figure in a rage "I will, tell him to lower his shields!"
[20:36]<Bynw> *Chadwicks powerful shields melt away and he closes his eyes*
[20:51]* Orla turns to Chadwick with a cold bare steel in her eyes. She spits on his head in disgust and livid hatred. She then closes her eyes while smiling wickedly. She then centers herself with a deep breath and with a burst of speed extends her hand out towards Chadwick while going into a military crouch.
[20:51]<+Orla> roll 7DF+ for MindRip
[20:51]<+BoxCars> Orla rolls 7DF+ for MindRip and gets (+)(-)(-)(-)(+)(+)(+) Epic
[20:52]<Bynw> roll 5df+ willpower on chadwick's passive resistance to Orla's attack
[20:52]<BoxCars> Bynw rolls 5df+ willpower on chadwick's passive resistance to Orla's attack and gets (+)( )(+)(-)(+) Superb
[20:56]* Orla rips all knowledge from Chadwick and tucks it in the back of her mind and ties it off, secluding it. She then opens her eyes and runs at him. As she gets within a pace and a half she tilts horizontally and snaps her leg around and goes for the windpipe with the top of her foot. Almost immediately, she twists her body and brings around her right arm and catches him in the same place with the side of her stiffend hand.
[20:57]<Bynw> *chadwick's eyes roll into the back of his head and blood trickles down from his nose just as Orla's kick makes contact with his neck with a sickening snapping sound and his body falls backwards to the stone floor of the cave, cracking his skull when it hits.
[20:58]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "Is he dead?"
[20:59]* Orla stomps on his neck for good measure. She then takes her dagger and carves a particular rune on his cheek, savagely.
[21:00]* Orla stands up.
[21:00]<+Orla> "I would hope so."
[21:01]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "Be certain. Be convinced. Know that he is dead. Do not let me convince you. You must believe it yourself."
[21:03]<Bynw> "Again, I ask you. Is he dead?"
[21:04]* Orla shrugs. "Okay." :: Takes her dagger and with a slight chirp of hatred, spins the dagger in her hand until it is facing downwards, and brings it down with all of her body and stabs the druid in the groin.
[21:04]<+Orla> "Yeah, he didn't move. He's dead."
[21:07]<Bynw> *the ghostly figure nods*
[21:07]* Orla kicks Chadwicks head for the hell of it.
[21:08]<Bynw> *the podded plant that held Orla when she awoke several hours ago begins to move ... it's vines stretching and moving across the stone floor and entangling themselves around Chadwick's dead body and being dragging it towards the pod ... leaving a bloody trail behind*
[21:11]* Orla looks in confusion, a frown slowly forming on her face.
[21:12]* Orla kicks Chadwick again as he is dragged by her. "Prick."
[21:12]<Bynw> *the body is inside the pod and it begins to close itself around him
[21:13]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "You are frowning. Why?"
[21:15]* Orla realizes that she is frowning and then turns to the figure. "Well, if you are doing what I think you are doing, then I should be smiling, eh? I don't mind killing him again. I took it easy on him this time." :: Smiles wickedly ::
[21:16]<+Orla> "So, how many times a day do I get to do this?"
[21:18]* Orla rubs her hands together with what looks like glee.
[21:18]<Bynw> *ghostly figure* "So you believe now?"
[21:19]<+Orla> "I will when I see his manhood reattached and he's talking."
[21:22]<Bynw> (( end for now ))
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[19:57]<anlarye> *the pod cracks open and is then forced the rest of the way from the inside as Chadwick rises out of the pod, covered in the same kind of goo that Orla was covered in. he looks fully healthy and is very much alive
[19:58]* White_Quasar is now known as WarLord
[19:58]<anlarye> *chadwick knells down before his ghostly lord
[19:59]<anlarye> "I serve with all my heart and devotion to you O lord" *he says before rising again*
[19:59]* Orla rolls her eyes. "Figures." Then shrugs walks over to Chadwick and kicks him in the face as he's kneeling. "Can't have you looking too healthy.' Then Chadwicks contines to rise.
[20:01]* Orla look at the Ghostly figures. "Sorry. Had to do that."
[20:01]<Orla> (( Ghostly figure))
[20:02]<anlarye> *ghostly figure* "It is understood. Do you believe now my child?"
[20:03]<anlarye> *Chadwick wipes the blood from his face with his hand and slips into a robe hanging near by ...
[20:04]* Orla thinks before speaking. "Hmmm, let's just say I'm impressed. I believe you are quite powerful. However, worship you like him?" * points to Chaddy * "No."
[20:05]<anlarye> *ghostly figure* "You should take the tome that proves your royal heritage. It is the only way it can be proven and petitioned to those that rule your lands now."
[20:05]<anlarye> *the ghostly figure looks at her* "What is that you desire?"
[20:06]* Orla looks at the tome. "My brother is older by a few minutes, will this help prove him the "Heir".
[20:07]<anlarye> *he replies* "Yes it does. It establishes it for both of you."
[20:09]<Orla> "If I continue on with you and this piece of.....dung, do you give me your word that you will keep your previous promises to me?
[20:09]<Orla> "
[20:11]<Orla> (ooc)
[20:12]<anlarye> "Indeed. Why would I not? In fact I can take you anywhere you wish to go if you choose not to stay. I have no motive other than to awaken those who are asleep"
[20:12]<Orla> "Those who are asleep?"
[20:13]<anlarye> *ghostly figure* "You are asleep still even now. Although are just beginning to a wake"
[20:14]* Orla pinches herself and winces. "I feel awake"
[20:15]<anlarye> "not in the sense of enlightenment ... you sleep still, but with an eye open "
[20:16]* Orla blinks.
[20:17]* Orla thinks she blinked.
[20:17]<anlarye> "As a Deryni, you are already aware of how much more you are capable of sensing over that of a human ... correct?"
[20:18]* Orla nods.
[20:19]<anlarye> "Then right now you are as human, unaware of the things that I can help you See and awake to discover."
[20:21]* Orla scratches her head. "You will help me learn what I need to know to be a more proficient Deryni?"
[20:22]<anlarye> "To become a paragon Deryni. A Deryni would be like a human in comparison to what you could become."
[20:22]<Orla> "Paragon?"
[20:23]<anlarye> *the ghostly figure comes close to Orla, almost touching. And reaches out his hand towards hers* "Take my hand"
[20:23]<anlarye> "A paragon is a perfect being ... the purist of perfection with out equal above all others."
[20:25]* Orla shakes her head. "Sorry, I know humility. I will not lose it.....I need it. To be without equal is not my goal."
[20:27]<anlarye> "Oh my goal is to awake everyone to that state of being." *again he holds out his hand for Orla to take* "Take my hand, it's not an offer or acceptance of anything. Just a means of demonstrating what is possible."
[20:28]* Orla takes his hand without hesitation. "Fine. Show me....but be nice."
[20:29]<anlarye> *it feels like her hand is on pins and needles as if she slept on it ... but she can feel his hand, or thinks she can feel it ... hard to say which it is*
[20:30]<anlarye> "You must not let go." *and the world around them changes to a familiar site of her homeland's capital city .... and the two of them are standing in the busy market square*
[20:30]* Orla holds on type.
[20:31]<Orla> ((Tight!))
[20:31]<anlarye> *the change of location felt similar to a Transfer Portal jump but she knows she was not standing on any*
[20:32]* Orla turns to him. "Can you teach me how to do that, um , Sire?"
[20:33]<Orla> * Looks around * Are we actually here? Can they see us?"
[20:34]<anlarye> *ghostly figure, who doesn't look quite as ghostly* "To move without moving ... and without a portal square. Yes that is one of the things I can teach you as your enlightenment grows. We are actually here but they cannot see us right now ... we are not quite on the same plane as they are on ..."
[20:34]<Orla> "So, we can't physically affect anything here?"
[20:35]<Orla> "Being on this, err, plane?"
[20:35]<anlarye> "Not with your hands. But you can with your mind."
[20:35]<Orla> "ah."
[20:37]<anlarye> "Or we could go here" *the world shifts again ... and there is nothing but blowing snow all around them ... something that Orla is not at all used to seeing given the near tropical nature of her homeland yet she is not cold at all.*
[20:39]<Orla> "Snow? I've never seen it. It's beautiful."
[20:40]<anlarye> "Release my hand"
[20:40]* Orla lets go.
[20:41]<anlarye> *Orla finds herself in -30 F temperatures with blowing and drifting snow and very cold windchills but just for a moment before her hand is taken again and it is as if she was never out in it unprotected*
[20:42]<anlarye> "We are really here as well. Incase you had any doubts."
[20:42]<Orla> "Okay then, next time, not so extreme?"
[20:42]<Orla> "That was cold!"
[20:43]<anlarye> *they are back underground where they started*
[20:44]<anlarye> *And he lets go of her hand again*
[20:44]<anlarye> "What do you want Orla? "
[20:46]<Orla> "I want Macden alive. I want my parents alive. I want my brother by my side as he has always been. I want to be a powerful, yet compassionate Deryni. I want....a lot., apparently." *Smiles *"
[20:48]<anlarye> "Ah yes. Unfortunately the past is written and cannot be unwritten. Those that are dead must remain that way. A very ancient law. However I can have your brother at your side. How soon shall it be done?"
[20:50]<Orla> "As soon as it is safe for him, since I'm pretty sure he's up to his usual shananagins. I want to go to him, not the reverse."
[20:50]<anlarye> "Then it shall be done"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member